Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #1  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Red face I am back... *blushes red*

Well... I have crawled my idiot a** back here. I should have been at my goal by now... if I had simply done what I said I was going to do a year ago. Instead... I've five pounds heavier than my heaviest weight.

But... I have a different mindset now.

I have something to train for: WARRIOR DASH. I am a horrible runner/sprinter... am horrible at crossing obstacles... but... I'm going to do it. I will. I have three months to train and prepare.

I also am one week into being a vegetarian. I kind of feel sorry for my mom... she knows how to cook pretty much just meat products. Vegetables and fruits don't... cook. They're for salads and sides mostly to her. So... I'm gonna be on the search for good recipes and recipe books. (good thing there's a vegetarian forum on here!).

I also am resolving to be in a size 10 jean/dress size by April... well... more like whenever my school's Fine Art's Banquet or Prom are. That's what I want to look good for. And if I do... I will be buying myself a designer dress for it. Like... one of those dresses that retails new for over $1000... (used/discounted of course... I'm not rich...).

So yeah. First though... 199. I need to hit onederland. But not simply to say I got there... but because I need to be healthy. Less sugar and sweets (considering cutting out diet soda too... and going to club soda/sparkly water and concentrate juice for my snack drink), and more water and real food. Less processed, more fresh. I am loving the way my body is feeling so far... and all I've done is drink a bit more water and cut out the meat.

So... yeah. I feel ashamed that I haven't been on here, holding myself accountable. Been meaning to do this for the past two months... was too ashamed to do it.

Take this as you will. I'm going back to a job that requires me to lift animals, dog/cat food, and be on my feet most of the time... as well as wanting to go horseback riding more regularly (already investigating lessons), and my mom is wanting us to get a YMCA membership... so I'm looking into the Zumba stuff. I love to dance... it'd be nice to learn HOW... while giving my body a workout. So yeah... maybe even some rock climbing in the mix. I loved rock climbing... I want to be able to do it again.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, I wondered how you were doing! I thought maybe since you'd moved in with your grandmother you were just busy with school but things were going great. Sounds like you're still with your folks so I wish you good luck with getting your mom on board with your new food choices.

I don't know what weight is typical for a size 10 (i wear men's Levis so i'm clueless on the girl stuff) but I know whatever weight you lose by April will be a good start to a healthy lifestyle.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #3  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Wow. Warrior Dash! My mother in law called me about doing that. It will be in my area in March. I told her I would, but that I didn't feel like I would be prepared by then. That's a great way for you to be motivated, however. Good for you! We all fall back sometimes and are no one to judge others for doing the same. Good luck this time and stay positive!!
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #4  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I was living with my Grandma and Grandpa for the past semester. But due to a variety of stuff happening (I'm apparently clinically depressed and am now seeing a counselor, was having issues with sexual harassment with a guy at work, just not enjoying life at all, lots of stress, etc), my mom and dad decided that the best idea would be to move all of us back to the USA... back to the Houston area. So... that's where I'm going to be next semester... the school I was at my Junior year. Just a lot of crazy stuff...

So yeah... I really want to do this... I want to be healthy. My Urticaria has just gotten worse (I work myself into a light sweat and am broken out like crazy with hives and get light headed)... and last time it was better was when I had lost a bunch of weight (got down to 98 lbs at age 11). So... I am sick and tired of it... and hoping weight loss and a healthier lifestyle would help.

Thanks. I don't know if I will be in a size 10 by then. I hope so though. No matter what... as long as I get healthier and complete the Warrior Dash with at least some dignity... I will be happy.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I'm so glad you're back--I always enjoyed your posts!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #6  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I think my husband wants to do the Warrior Dash. I have a difficult time seeing my midget behind trying to climb over cars and the like. Hope you have fun!
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote