Old 01-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Default January Christian Encourager's!

WELCOME FRIENDS!

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #2  

2011 here we come MARCHING ON!

Let us start out this year with hope and love in our hearts!

May peace break into your home and may thieves come to steal your debts.

May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills.

May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips!

May happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy

May the problems you had, forget your home address!

In simple words ............

May 2011 be the best year of your life!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HEY BOOTSIE ~ thanks for getting us started for a new month and new year; came in to do it myself and saw you had already done it for us ... love that positive prayer to start this new year off right -- it almost sounds a tad bit Irish ...

We had lovely here all day; it was so nice and bright -- made it a perfect day to do our weekly shopping for the basics and fresh stuff too. Our laneway is a sheet of ice after we had a big thaw from warmer temps but now we are back at more seasonal temps today and they will go lower in time for our winter carnival -- we need that to freeze our lake up good and thick.

We are leaving our lights up so that we can put them on during the carnival; had to stop DH from tearing them down on me today. Gotta find him another winter hobby besides shovelling the sidewalks ...

Hope you all have a fabulous first week for the first month of this new year ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS

Thanks for getting us into the New Year BOOTSIE ...love the entry ROSEBUD be careful on the ice

Well, I took down all the outside lights middle of last week when we got a break in the rain. It has been raining buckets and we have more this week, I also will be heading out of town later this week for a week or so, so even though it was a bit early for us I got them all boxed up and back in storage. Angie had her traditional taking down the inside lights and nativity's on New Years Day. She does that and watches the Rose Parade while I watch football Then I get them all up into storage between games. House looks normal again but empty at the same time

We had a good New Years Eve and Day. Angie and I went to see True Grit New Years Eve afternoon, the met my step-d her boyfriend and the nephew at our favorite Italian place for dinner. We then came home and watched Avatar which we have had for months but never opened In bed by 11 New Years day I watched football ALL day long as usual for me and as mentioned Angie did the light take-down, the rose parade and enjoyed some of her TV time while she did some knitting. We got the mutts out for a 3 mile walk in the afternoon too which was nice since the rain eased up.

I have a vegetarian chili about ready to come together for dinner....nice since it is raining as I speak I can eat any kind of chili when it rains...or the sun shines

Be Good ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #5  

Y'all are most welcomed!
I have a question and hope someone can answer it for me.
I wrote this down in my notebook and I love it but where did I get it out of the Bible? Did not write that part down hoping someone would know for I just love it! .

Jesus said: No dear friends, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing. Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead.

Could anyone tell me where I found this, it says Jesus said , so I figured it came straight from the Bible.

Last edited by Bootsie; 01-03-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #6  

A friend found it for me and it was Paul who said it not Jesus. Philippians 3: 13
Old 01-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #7  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ that was PAUL talking about himself in his letter to the Philippians, Chapter 3, verse 13 -- and it is one of my favorite verses too. One that I remind myself of regularly as negative memories from the "past" like to come to mind to discourage us. I know this is one verse that I use often to keep me grounded in the present ...

Oh, I see you found it; you posted when my very slow old PC was taking its merry time to put up my post -- told you, it was slow ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-03-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #8  

I thank God for all of my friends, thanks Rosebud, my computer is slow too, got that dial up and it is like this little guy but it gets there sooner than later!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #9  

I find this very helpful and anyone can use it and it is free

http://www.foodapedia.gov/Default.aspx

it helps tell me the calories instantly and rather if it is considered a fruit ect.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #10  
Livin' Like a Lucky Charm

S/C/G: 280/258.8/142

Height: 5'4''

God.. Give me the strength to embark on a new journey, to follow through with my plans and to live my life in order to glorify you. Amen.

Hey all, I'm pretty new (okay, very new) to 3FC...but I'm pretty pumped to find a supportive community. I'm Charms, a 21 year old music major who intends to go to grad school to get her M.Div and be a youth pastor somewhere. That's right. Ordained ministry for this chick.

Hopefully, though, I can embark on that journey a thinner, healthier version of me!

So, just saying hi. I'm so glad to find a group of Christians who support one another.
Charmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #11  

Welcome Charm!
I hope you stick around here like glue!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #12  

Thanks, Bootsie! Planning on being here awhile...
Old 01-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #13  
Rosebud

CHARMSEY ~ I think that's wonderful going in for an ordained minister and you are a music major too; that will come in handy too, I'm sure. I was just praying that the LORD would encourage more youngsters to study piano or organ as many churches are having a hard time finding pianists or organists these days ...

Come back often; we love company ...
Old 01-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #14  

Thanks Justwant2Bhealthy! I'll be around a lot, I'm certain. I already like it here! I'm not a phenomenal pianist or anything, but I get by and I love music. I'm actually a voice major, if that tells you anything!

And thanks for the welcome. Makes me feel fantastic! I know God led me here for a reason.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #15  

I am not lost, just a busy week this week! Trying to keep up.