Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat - Monday, January 3, 2011 through Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vickie
01-03-2011, 09:41 AM
New Week.....New Pages!!!!!

Tejas
01-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks Vickie for the new pages.

Not much new here, except some new motivation to control food intake better. I'm aiming to lose 40 pounds this year.

Rhonda

ontarget
01-03-2011, 12:30 PM
I have a doctor's appointment after lunch. I'll tell ya'll more about it when I find out what's going on. I passed out at church yesterday. Someone called 911. 911 folks said I had hypoglycemia and need to be checked for diabetes. Thought this was interesting as I have been dessert/sugar-free for 208 days. I'm on Day 209 now. But then hypo means low sugar I think.

Tejas
01-03-2011, 03:43 PM
OK, we're waiting to hear!

ontarget
01-03-2011, 04:36 PM
I should have waited to post anything. Won't know anything till tomorrow afternoon at the earliest as I'm scheduled for brain scan, chest x-ray, and labwork tomorrow afternoon. I'm optimistic and not too worried since I'm walking and talking all right. Still am thinking it's just hypoglycemia. My doctor is just wanting to rule out other stuff.

NYPat
01-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Hello, all!

I am wondering if you are accepting mew members to this thread? I had good success in the past using the Core program, but got lazy and did not stick with it. Now I want to get back on track. I investigated the new points plus plan, but I like to keep it simpler. I have quite a bit to lose, so I'm looking for something sensible that I can live with. I think the Core program fits the bill!
NYPat

ontarget
01-03-2011, 05:29 PM
:welcome: NYPat, it's good to see you here. Just hop in and start posting. We'd love to get to know you better.

NYPat
01-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Well,let me tell you about myself. I am 51 yrs. old, married to a wonderful man for 28 yrs. I have 2 sons, age 20 and 22. I live in Western New York, in a very rural area. About 3 yrs. ago, we bought a small family farm (17 acres). We are working on getting some animals (goats, maybe a pig or two). I have 25 chickens--about 10 of them are laying now. I work at a local hospice.
I have quite a bit of weight to lose. About one year ago, I joined the local Curves, so I do exercise regularly, but I think I will do better on the Core program if I give ( and get) support!
I would love to know more about you folks, too!
Thanks for having me!

Pat

Tejas
01-03-2011, 07:05 PM
:welcome2: NYPat

I'm Rhonda (Tejas), cousin by marriage to "ontarget" AKA "Sandra."

I'm 65, married, retired, living in NC Texas, in a mid-sized city. I'm the local exercise nut, almost one year into weight lifting and killer exercises. It's not moving my weight much, but if you need furniture moved, I'm your woman.
Also, I've been tap dancing so look for me on You Tube soon! :lol:

I've got a goal to lose 40 pounds this year. We'll see if I can do it. I eat mostly Core, but we're free wheeling here...with lots of support for whatever our members decide to do.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
01-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi Ladies! I hope you all had wonderful Holidays. I'm trying to remember how long its been since I've posted. I did great last year on my fitness pal dot com - I got down past my goal and maintained it most of the year. I did gain back 5 pounds since early November and I'm now back to counting calories. My niece is doing WW again and I'm intrigued by the new program. I'm going to count calories for a couple weeks and see if I can get back on track. If no, I may join WW on line again.

I have missed you all and the support you all provide. Its nice to see familiar names still here. I hope you don't mind me jumping back into things!!

Take care, looking forward to reconncecting. I need to go back and see what's been going on with you all.

nancy237
01-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Sandra...I am worried about what is going on with you ..let us know when you get results...

Pam..welcome..we have a bit in common. My boys are 18 & 20 and we bought land last year to retire & farm on. I want to have animals & grape vines & chickens .. We have to get my hubby well first from Acute Leukemia but he is doing well at the moment.

Robin and I have had a great day. He feels good and has been in a great mood so we have talked, watched TV, and enjoyed our time today. We are dreaming of that farm someday and all the things we want to do when he is well. One thing I could get used to is that I wake up at the hospital with him and pick up the phone and order breakfast for us and it is delivered 30 minutes later.
The Chemo side effects are even better today :carrot:

Night

sloanie
01-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Hey Paula! It's awesome to see you here. How have you been? We've missed you!

Welcome Pat. I've been posting here for almost three years, and I love these ladies! Although I don't have a large amount of weight to lose, I still struggle a lot :dizzy: I am starting Points Plus tomorrow, and my goal is to lose about 15 pounds by summer.

Rhonda, I did a ten minute pilates core work out this morning and thought about you the entire time. I am horrified to say that I cannot do some of the moves, and I chose a program that did not seem overly strenuous. You are my hero! I have got, got, got to get myself in shape, and I plan to focus on your success to deep me going.

Sandra, I'll bet you scared Curtis to death! I hope all of your tests are perfectly normal. Let us know as soon as you hear.

Nancy, I'm so glad to hear that Robin has had a good day. It's good that the chemo side effects are getting better. I'm still praying for you daily :)

Vickie, thanks for starting us up. How are you?

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

Tejas
01-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Hey Paula, welcome back, and congratulations for your weight loss...I look forward to more posts from you.

Good to hear that you and Robin had a good day today, Nancy.

Tejas
01-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Sloan, we were posting at the same time. Try this one: Side plank and hold for a count of five, then switch to prone position, hold for five, then to the other side, holding for five. Do this as long as possible. You can do it.

The plank is a good one, and just hold for as long as you can, gradually adding more time. It is not necessarily to hold for more than a minute.

ontarget
01-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Pat, I'm almost 64 years old and live on 5 acres in the country in NC Texas less than 100 miles from my favorite cousin, Rhonda. I'm not into exercise but do spend a lot of time flinging arrows. My husband and I compete in archery championships around the nation. I am currently doing Points Plus eating mostly CORE foods. I also go to Overeaters' Anonymous. I have been a member here for several years. Ladies here are more than weightloss companions. They are dear friends.

I forgot to add that I'm planning to lose about 30 more pounds. That would still have me above Weight Watcher's goal but I would be inline with the goal my doctor set for me.

Let me welcome you again. I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

Nancy, I am glad Robin is doing well and am praying you get to get back to work on building your dreams.

Sloan, you and Rhonda get the prize for exercising. I'm impressed.

Paula, it's so good to see you back here. Congratulations on getting below your goal. I am so happy for you.

Rhonda, your arms are amazing. I was thinking about them the other day while I was looking at mine in the mirror. Talk about waving!!! I need a longsleeved swimsuit if I decide to go swimming.

I probably shouldn't have posted about my tests till they were completed. I really am not too worried and am thinking I have hypoglycemia.

sloanie
01-04-2011, 04:23 AM
Well, I've been awake since 2:30, so I thought I'd get on here and read the posts from last night.

Thanks Rhonda, I'm gonna try the planks. My joints are telling me that if I don't get moving, I'm gonna be too stiff to move. I know I have some very minor arthritis in my shoulders and one of my hips, so moving is extremely important. I also checked out a couple of videos that show ab workouts while standing, and I plan to do them every day. In addition, I will be walking.

Today I plan to work on curriculum with another teacher in my department, and tomorrow teachers report for the first day of the new semester. I'm not excited about getting back to school, but I've got to "suck it up" and get going. I'm gonna try to go back to sleep for a little while, so I'll check in later.

blessedwithsarah
01-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Hi Ladies. I spent some time reading and catching up.

Nancy, I'm sorry to hear of Robin's illness. It seems he is on a good path right now. I hope today was a good day. I hope you are taking care of yourself as well.

Sandra, glad to read you are still flinging arrows! Still a champ? Well, in our eyes you are! :) I hope the test come back negative and its as simple as hypegylcemia. When do you get the test results back?

Well, today is day 2 back on track. I hit the gym early and did 65 minutes on the elliptical, later in the day took our dog for a 1/2 hour walk. I tried a new recipe tonight for cashew chicken. I've never really done any stir fry cooking. It came out pretty good. DH liked it; dd wasn't too crazy about it. I need to cut things up a bit different and get some pea pods. I'll make it again. I had that with brown rice - about 500 calories for dinner. And I'm very full. Snack tonight will be clementines. They are so good right now and very low in calories.

Have a good night everyone. Got to run dd to karate tonight.

Vickie
01-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Hey Chicks! Love you all. Sorry I've been too busy to post but I did read them all quickly.

Sandra.....you scared the heck out of me! Hope you're ok and that we'll have results soon.

PAULA.....welcome back girlfriend! SOOOOO good to hear from you.

Pat, we love new folks! I'll catch up properly with you when I have a few minutes.

I ran errands all day yesterday and today. We have the plumber coming tomorrow for our sump pump....don't ask! And...I'm going to try to get the Christmas tree down tomorrow before the cleaning lady comes on Thursday. Sheesh. Then....I can relax and catch up with you all.

Always know I'm thinking of you. I'm starving right now so I have to run.

Nancy, it made my heart so happy to hear that you and Robin had a great day.

nancy237
01-04-2011, 06:30 PM
More good news...

The Dr today said Robin's liver numbers are so good they are almost normal.
He said he thinks the liver problems at admission were caused by the leukemia
as opposed to a separate liver condition.

When we were first admitted they seemed almost as concerned about his liver
as his leukemia .

ontarget
01-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Nancy, that is wonderful news!! What a blessing! Keep the good news and good days coming!

Sloan, I'm already scheduled for 6 days subbing this month. Two of those days are with the At-Risk Program. I got a "preferred sub" email from that teacher asking me to take those days. Made me feel good. I was the first teacher for that program when it was begun back in the mid-90's. That said---this Friday I'm subbing in AG. That's a stretch for me, but I enjoy it.

Vickie, we still have our tree up, too. I won't turn it on tonight. Somehow it just doesn't seem right. I hope you get your plumbing situation repaired without too much hassle.

I got all my tests completed today but haven't heard any results yet. Hopefully, tomorrow is the day.

Paula, you and Rhonda are our exercise gurus. Way to go, girl! Sounds like you had a good workout.

blessedwithsarah
01-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Great news Nancy!!

NYPat
01-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome!
I am so glad your husband got good news about his liver,Nancy! I hope Sandra also gets good health news, too.

Very busy at work today, but i found time to spend time with my dog and my chickens. I ate very healthy--all core foods, got enough water in, remembered my vitamin. Right now, I can only attend Curves on M+W+F, but I'll be going there tomorrow bright and early ( 6:30 am)
Have a good evening!
Pat

Tejas
01-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Hi All:

Great news, Nancy. I hope that is the only kind of news you get.

Paula and Sloan, move those bodies. I see my trainer tomorrow so I'll be back to brag about something, I'm sure :lol:

I had a long day working with my niece around the issues of her taking more control of my brother's (her father's) situation. It's not easy, but he really needs help whether he wants it or not.

My eating was OK, but not great. Salmon and salad for dinner though, and it was good.

blessedwithsarah
01-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Just a quick stop by -- Happy morning for me, the scale is moving down!! I'm so happy! I'm doing my official WI on Saturday am after I hit the gym. With any luck I'll be back in the 170s this weekend.

Does anyone buy the vitalicious products? I've been getting the muffin tops for a while - its 100 calories and with a yogurt has been my go to breakfast. There is a new flavor which is very good - pumpkin spice. Just wanted to share!

Enjoy your day.

Vickie
01-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Good morning Chicks! I'm gearing up for a busy day. I was going to take the tree down, but that may have to wait now. I may be passing the kidney stone that I've been carrying around with me for over a year now. Trying to drink a lot of water and not stress about it.

Nancy, I'm so happy to hear about Robin's healthy liver. How great was that news?!

ontarget
01-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Ouch, Vickie! I hope you're not in too much pain. Get back to us with a report when you can.

I got my results today for my tests. My doctor was impressed. Everything looks good--even my cholesterol (blood test). Living here in "The Chicken-Fried Kingdom" I feel like good numbers on cholesterol is a blessing. As to my "episode"--diagnosis is reaction to the codeine in my cough syrup he'd prescribed. So now I'm good to go again.

Rhonda, did you have a good workout today? I'm still procrastinating.

Paula, :woohoo: on moving the scales down again. I have heard of Vitalicious but haven't tried their muffins. I haven't had any dessert type sweets now in 211 days. 100 calorie breakfasts sound good to me, though. My breakfasts are usually around 5 points unless I just eat fruit. (0)

Tejas
01-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Sandra, you've been keeping secrets from us. Codeine, yet :lol: Good news on the health report.

Paula, I don't eat Vitalicious, but I think Vicky does/did.

I had a great workout today, but nothing really special like hopping! I did however get compliments from my trainer on my form, my dedication and my strength level compared to some of his other clients. That all felt really good. NOW, to just get this body fat really reduced.

Have a great night all,
Rhonda

sloanie
01-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Sandra, sounds like you are going to be in your element with all that subbing. Hope you have a great time! We start tomorrow with kids at school for a full day. Good news about your tests!

Paula, congrats on the wt. loss!

Nancy, I'm so happy to hear all of your good news about Robin. I'm still prayin' !

Rhonda, I'm sore! I did the planks for 30 seconds each side and on both arms. Is that good? I've also been doing the standing core exercises that I found on you tube. Ouch!

Vickie, I've had three kidney stones. Passed two and had one scoped out in the operating room. I hope you are not in pain and that the little sucker just pops out!

Pat, sounds like a good wt. loss plan. Keep us posted on how it's going!

Hey Jojo, we miss you!

TTFN

ontarget
01-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Rhonda, :woohoo: on the compliments. Now that's what I call a fantastic NSV!

NYPat
01-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Hey everyone_

I am an early bird, so this is a good time for me to get on the computer and say Hi. I literally get up with the chickens! The chicken coop is at least 200 yds. away, but I hear the roosters every morning, even in the winter with all the windows closed...
Vicki I hope you get that darn stone out soon!
Sandra: That is good news about your test results! BTW, you mentioned your archery. Many yrs ago, I took one archery class in college, and loved it! But, I was a poor college student at the time, and could not afford to learn more. Now , my eyesight is so bad, I'd be dangerous! lol
Rhonda and Sloan, You sound like you must be in great shape! It is very inspiring to read about your exercise routines.
Paula--great job on the scales moving down!
Well it is cold and snowy here in Western NY, but I hear my chickens calling me for fresh water and more chicken feed, so everyone, have a great day!

Vickie
01-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Good Morning Chicks! No news on the kidney stone front. The Doctor thinks it was just rolling around so I'm sore but no exit strategy!

My scale is up this morning so I need to work on water. I need to follow Rhonda and Sloan's exercise example but frankly I'm too sore for that for at least today.

Pat, my friend has a Rooster, some chickens and the cutest donkey you've ever met in your life. I'm not a fan of chickens after once being in a very dirty chicken coop back in the 80's. I didn't eat eggs for about a year after that!

Sandra, I'm SOOOO happy that it was the codeine that literally knocked you off your feet and nothing else. Are you feeling better now? Enjoy your subbing.

Rhonda and Sloan, are you seeing changes in your body? I need to find something I can do despite the sciatica and the hiatal hernia. I think walking will probably be about it. Now I just need to do at least that!

Oh Paula, your scale is going down and you are exercising! Congratulations. I guess there is no magical formula, is there? I ADORE the vitalicious products. I used to order them by mail back in the early 1990's when you couldn't get them from anyplace except directly from the company. I only eat the tops. My favorite is bran and cranberry but I like the double and triple chocolate ones too. We bought the banana nut to try and it was ok. I found it a bit dry. I also have a box of cornbread ones to try when I make chili this week or next. I have two fabulous cornbread recipes, but honestly, I think they are so good that we eat too much. At least, here, there are only 4 and we can't get into too much trouble. I would definitely try pumpkin spice but I haven't seen them anywhere. Where did you find them?

Cleaning lady is here and I've got some bill paying to do. Hope you all have a great on program day. I'm saying year 3 will be the charm for me.

Nancy, you and Robin are in my thoughts and prayers.

blessedwithsarah
01-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Vickie, I ordered them from the vitalicious website. I actually got about 3 dozen so I'm well stocked. The chocolate are now a favorite of mine - a nice nighttime snack.

Sandra, gald you are feeling better and it was just the medication.

Tejas
01-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Sloan, yes, 30 seconds is good. Now, add 5 seconds to each set until you get to one minute.

I'm doing the side, prone, other side for a count to 5 in each position. I then do it in the other direction, and back again. When I get back to the starting side, that is one set. I do five sets. Is that clear? I think that I can do more, but I stop there for the time being.

I've had 700 calories already, half of that being a SMALL slice of fruitcake. The rest of the cake is going into the freezer. That cake is way too calorie dense! (But, oh, so gooood) Chicken breast and salad for lunch.

ontarget
01-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Vickie, I hope you are getting some relief. What about heating pads? I am feeling much much better and am going to shoot outside with my gf today. We're having gorgeous weather before our "arctic air" gets here early next week, so I need to soak up some sunshine while I can.

Rhonda, we're having baked fish for lunch today and prob some salad. I tend to buy organic salad then forget about it. I hope what we have is still in date.

Pat, I wish you were nearby. We'd fling arrows together. We're training for big tournaments that begin end of Feb. Feb/Mar are big travel/tournament months for us. (We're excited!)

Paula, have a muffin for me tonight. Enjoy every bite!

I got a call about subbing this morning but turned it down. I want to enjoy this sunshine. Tomorrow I'll be indoors with AG kids and will miss the upper 60's and sunshine. Today's my day. (One of the perks of retirement.)

lisanovak
01-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Hi girls!

I am new to this site, but I am doing WW. I love the new points system! I feel fuller longer now that I can eat as much fruit and veggies as I want. I lost 4.8 pounds last week! :cb:

I have broken my goals down to 5% which seems a bit more do-able.

256.8/253.6/140

beach bum
01-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm Home,hope everyone had a wonderful holidays as I did. Was too busy to post. Got home on Tues evening and yesterday I had a doctors appointment to go over what the procedure is going to be on the day I go for my knee surgery. Didn't like the infection I brought back with me from NY. and told me to go to my doctor and to my surprise it wasn't a cold but a bad sinuses infection.I was given a quick antibiotic that you take for 5 days,should be gone by Monday. This morning had to go to the hospital for pre admissions testing. I request a walker instead of crutches to get around with.

The trip to & from my DD was wonderfully relaxing[ taking the train ]and I had a great time watching the kids opening their gifts Christmas morning. Than a week later we went to Montauk Pt for our New Years Celebration.

Washing my clothes as I can't go down the stair next week,and I going to bring some more items that I need from the basement & upstairs bedroom.

Hope you all have a nice evening and I'll be back on the board some time tomorrow.

ontarget
01-06-2011, 06:28 PM
:welcome: Lisa! I'm doing P+, too, and am loving it. You had a fantastic loss!! Congratulations. Now hop in here and tell us all about you. We're eager to get to know you.

Maryann, it's good to see you back here. Your holidays sound very relaxing. Glad you're getting your sinus infection taken care of before surgery.

We had lo taco soup for dinner. It's good to have foods on hand so we can have quick meals. I have 2 pts left for today and am thinking of ways to spend them. I may have some cheese along with my 0 pt grapes. Life is good.

I may be able to get on here early in the AM before I head to "the AG Barn." If I don't get here, here's an early wish for a Fantastic Friday to each of you.

Tejas
01-06-2011, 07:30 PM
1600 calories, 45% protein, and step class at the gym. Now, if I can only keep this up, in addition to the other training. I did a lot of ab work at the gym yesterday and can really feel it. :yes:

Vickie, hope you're feeling OK. Maryann, welcome home!

Lisa :welcome2: we're a great bunch, write away.

ontarget
01-06-2011, 09:18 PM
:bravo: Rhonda!!! You're doing great.

nancy237
01-06-2011, 11:02 PM
In the morning at 10:30 Robin will be going to surgery to have a cerebral
reservoir placed to use to treat his central nervous system with Chemo drugs.
Being put under general anesthesia makes me nervous in his weakened state & with low platelet counts .
Please pray for us tomorrow. I have a dear friend that is coming to sit with me tomorrow during the surgery.
He had some episodes of blurred vision tonight . They feel like it is a Chemo effect but I worry about it being a neurological symptom.
I have been doing good emotionally this past week but tonight I am scared..

ontarget
01-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Nancy, you and Robin are in my prayers. I am so glad your friend is going to sit with you.

Tejas
01-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Nancy, I'm praying. Fear is a part of the package. I can remember one night of nothing but stark, bone-chilling terror about my late husband and myself.
The ups and downs of chemo are mind-numbing, confusing and scarey.

I've lost 2 pounds this week, but it's Christmas weight. But, better than gaining!

beach bum
01-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

We're going to have some snow tomorrow and then into Sunday. I hope its not much as I found that my surgery is going to be last of the day and they will let me go around 7PM. Well I none of my friends will be able to pick me up as they don't drive in the dark,so I will have to go home in a taxi,if the hospital permits. Other wise I will have to stay overnight.This really bothers me as I thought I would be the first one as its just a scoping.

NANCY-Being gone for 2 weeks I had no idea what your going though with your husband Robin. I was shocked to hear he on chemo as well. Certainly I will pray for you both,just have faith in the Lord and your both be fine.

SANDRA-Happy to hear your episode was the codeine in your cough medicine and nothing worse. I'm sure it was scary,but now its is behind you.Thanks for the welcome back

PAULA-Glad to see you back posting again,its been a while.my DD is going back to WW also,but it didn't work for me the first time,so I just going to count calories with portion control plus get all the holiday goodies thrown out of put out of sight.

RHONDA-That for the welcome,and congrats on all the time exercising & training is paying off. Hope I will be able to go back to doing activities once my knee is repaired.

Have a great day

sloanie
01-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Nancy, I just saw your message. I'm praying, too!

jojo23
01-07-2011, 05:18 PM
DARN IT!!!!

I put this really long post on, to say how we had to come back early and just as I went to post it, it went into thin air. Will put more tomorrow off to bed now... very chilly here in UK. Night night all.

nancy237
01-07-2011, 05:58 PM
They spent all morning deciding if the surgery was on or not because his platelets were not quite up to the level they wanted. After some platelet
transfusions they did the surgery at 12 noon . Things went perfectly and he was back to the room by 2 ish.
The surgeon had told me it may be 2 to 2 1/2 hours before we heard from him ,
then after 1/2 hour they called me to a private room to talk with the doctor.
That scared me to death because I sat there and waited for the doctor and thought "why does he want to see me so fast" "what went wrong"
He just finished fast and was done.
I told Robin his was faster because he didn't have a lot of brain matter to get through (we kid a lot)

ontarget
01-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Nancy, what a relief! I'm so glad Robin is finished with surgery and hope all continues to go as well as the surgery did.

JoJo, it's good to have you back.

Rhonda and Doyle are taking Curtis and me out to dinner tomorrow. We're looking forward to seeing them. Now we're all hoping the weather holds up so we don't have to postpone.

Rhonda, I apologize for not letting you know in advance my new cell #. I was thinking I had done that. I'm glad you called me back.

I had a great day in the AG barn today. Afterwards, I went to the Beaumont Ranch for cut/color. My beautician gave Curtis and me 2 free tickets to the Friday Night Fish Fry. I rushed home (about 13 miles) so Curtis and I could get back there in time for an early dinner. One of "my students" waited on us. Another was in charge of part of the sound system for the live band. It's neat seeing those kids and for Curtis' getting to know them, too. Life is good.

sloanie
01-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Nancy, that's so awesome! God is so good!!!!!! You and Robin sound like me and Vance. We kid a lot, too.

Sandra, your day sounds good. You're right, it is nice to see students out being productive. I'm excited about you and Curtis having dinner with Rhonda and Doyle. I know you'll have a blast.

Jojo, sorry you had to cut your holiday short and that you lost your post. I hope everything is okay with you and Mark. Let us know!

Maryann, I hope everything goes as scheduled for your surgery and the snow does not cause you any problems. I'm glad you had a good Christmas with your family.

Vickie, how's that stone coming along?

Have a good night chickies!

nancy237
01-08-2011, 12:22 AM
A nurse today gave us 2 horses. She has been talking to Robin about the farm
and how we would like to have it set up for single parents & their kids to enjoy and she wants us to have her 2 paint/arabian horses that need to be broken to ride. We have a neighbor in Va that said we could use his pasture until we get
our fences fixed. That has really been a fun blessing today . God is so good!!

jojo23
01-08-2011, 03:54 AM
The weather was foul, we could hardly see the estuary, let alone the wild life. Then the central heating broke down. That was OK, Mark and I come from hardy stock:D but when the cooker broke down, and the lights started to flicker we packed up and headed home. We got it 11pm the night before last and never were two people were so glad to curl up in their own little beds.

Hello to all who don't know me (you haven't missed much) I'm British, living on the Welsh borders. I'm 61, married to Mark and a long retired nurse/midwife who now writes a bit.

Like you NY Pat I have a lot to lose, I'm taking it steady 20lbs at a time so as not to lose heart. I have found this thread is the best on the site. Everyone is so friendly and supportive. In August I took up the 20lbs in 20 weeks challenge and got there early. Sadly I celebrated and by last weekend had gained 7lbs:o. No problem, its a new year and it is all behind me... literally in my case. I'm starting again on Monday. I gained some pounds, so what? It's not a race. What if I hadn't lost any in the first place and had gained it on top of the established flab? Then I'd have something to worry about.

We have had a rotten year. We lost our beautiful 32 year old daughter to SUDEP ( you can google it if you've never heard of it... we hadn't) in May. She was autistic as well as having epilepsy. The folk on here have got me through many a bad day.

Talk to you all tomorrow. We are looking for 2 new sofas in the sales today. What colour you ask? Well, if the price is right then those will be the right colour;)

blessedwithsarah
01-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Happy Saturday everyone. Already hit the gym and had my frittata for breakfast - lots of veggies, one egg and two egg whites with feta. Yumm. Not much going on here - its snowing lightly now and more tonight.

Nancy, glad things continue to improve for Robin. God does have a plan for all of us!

Maryann, good luck with your surgery. When is that happening?

Off to do laundry. Have a good day.

nancy237
01-08-2011, 02:59 PM
More good news...
The Dr today said Robin's white blood count is finally rising at a good rate..
That is one thing we have been waiting on and it will make him less likely to pick up infections.
Also they said there is a good possibility that he may be able to go home
on Monday..that is ahead of the original schedule...:carrot::carrot::carrot:

beach bum
01-08-2011, 04:30 PM
HI Ladies:)

Had a busy productive day trying to get everything ready & done as after the surgery I won't be able to. I requested a walker instead of crutches as I feeling being alone I might take a fall.

Luckily the snow didn't come like it was suppose to,now they are predicting 1 -3 before every ends Sunday Morning. Had my W-I this morning and I lost 2lbs out of the 5 I gained,so hopefully I will be able to lose the rest next couple of weeks.

NANCY-So happy to hear about your husband is doing so well after the surgery. Hoping he will continue to improve day by day,and the horrible stuff will be behind him. Yes I believe in the miracle of prayers,just ask and you shall receive. Good to hear he'll be heading home on Monday.

SLOANE-Thanks for your good wishes, for my surgery. Now I'm wishing for a speedy recovery so I will be up and about in no time.

JOJO-Welcome back,I was gone and just got back myself. WoW!!! you certainly had a a bad winter with all that snow.Sorry your slow cooker broke on you.Glad you go back home safe & sound.

PAUL-Thanks its this Monday 1/10 at 2:30PM The funnies thing is I have to fast [no food or water] Sunday at midnight until after the surgery. I can't believe I will have to wait that long without food or drink,but understand the reason behind it. So I will listen to the doctor,maybe in the long run I lose some unwanted poundage..

Have a great evening

ontarget
01-08-2011, 04:54 PM
We had a great lunch today with Rhonda and Doyle. Rhonda was wearing earrings and necklace she'd made. Gorgeous!! She was also wearing her jacket that reflects her tap dance group. She is quite a looker! Her hair is precious and so is her smile--not to mention her great looking bod!

She and I had salmon, rice, veggies, and some fried pickles and jalapenos/dip. I thoroughly enjoyed the get together. Thank you again, Rhonda.

JoJo, your trip sounds like an "I Love Lucy" episode. I'm glad ya'll made it home safely. You're right about having the small gain over the holidays. You're prob like I am and are at a better number this time of year than you were in 2010. It's good to have you back here. I miss ya when you're gone.

Paula, your bfast sounds good. I think I'd like that, too.

Nancy, keep that good news coming, girl!! And :woohoo: on the horses and on your making your farm a place for single mothers/children. That's outstading!

Maryann, we have a walker here at home we'd lend you if we could. You're wise to go walker.

Vickie, how are you feeling?

Tejas
01-08-2011, 06:08 PM
shhh, Sandra, don't tell them about the fried pickles and jalapenos!!! It was fun, and you looked more innocent than I bet you are :lol: in that yellow sweater! Chickies, she put on her archery champion vest so were each wearing our gang's colors!

Nancy what a great story about the horses, and I'm glad to hear about the continued improvement in Robin's condition.

Welcome back, Jojo. Nothing like your own bed.

Maryann, good luck!

Paula, good for you for getting to the gym early. I was too busy eating fried pickles.

Well, I'm just watching CNN about the horror in Arizona. What to say, such a tragedy.

ontarget
01-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Rhonda, that is a horrible news.

My lips are sealed about the :listen: (what we ate before our salmon). Sealed and, thankfully, not burning.

sloanie
01-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Hi chicks. Just stopping in for a quick hello. On DS's computer, and he is already fussing at me.

jojo23
01-09-2011, 03:22 AM
We were just getting ready for bed last night and the news broke about Arizona. Dreadful and senseless. The sheriff looked, not just shocked, but heartbroken when he made the initial statement.

Nancy, that is such good news about Robin. Itís a new year and a new start.

Well, tomorrow I start again. I went to my support group last week and I wasnít the only sinner I can tell you. Sadly though, a few didnít return after Christmas.

Maryann. It was the big cooker that broke down. We were having a break at a friendís cottage. I figure it needs a spot of maintenance!

Joke

Our government has given us some sensible advice about keeping safe when travelling in this appalling weather. We have been told to always take a spade, hot drink, chocolate, a warm blanket, extra clothes and a flash light when travellingÖ I looked a proper idiot on the bus yesterday.

Have a good one everybody

Tejas
01-09-2011, 04:53 AM
I cannot sleep. I have been awake every hour since I went to bed. I am so distressed about the attempted assassination of Giffors, the murder of 6 people and the wounding of so many others. A 9 year old dead! I believe the sheriff spoke the total truth about the political vitriol in the country. I pray that everyone will reflect deeply upon their language and that the expressions of violence will stop.

On a much more mundane note, I am also hungry and trying to find things to eat that are nutritious. I guess it will be cereal or something similar. Seeking comfort no doubt.

Jojo, I think you should emphasize the chocolate part while on the bus. :lol: Didn't they tell you take a candle and a source of fire also?

Tejas
01-09-2011, 09:37 AM
:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

Happy Birthday, Sandra!!!!!!!

:hb: :hb: :hb:

pam920
01-09-2011, 11:21 AM
morning ladies.

Happy Birthday Sandra. Hope you have a fun day planned.

Rhonda, I'm am sick and heartbroken about AZ. What is this world coming to? I really don't remember all this hate when I was younger. Maybe we just didn't hear about it back then. With all this modern technology, we are much more aware of so many more things.

jojo, you are such a joy to read. Your sense of humor is like a breath of fresh air. You are so strong, with all you had to deal with in the last year.

Nancy, I've been trying to keep up with you. Sounds like Robin is doing great. Hopefully he will get to go home tomorrow.

Maryann, best of luck with your surgery. Glad you had a nice visit with family. Hope you will be okay when you get home, being by yourself.

I'm still on p+ and loving it. Doing the simply filling technique, so not much counting to do. I found these popchips and they are really good. Has anyone tried them?

Last WI, I reached the 5 lb loss. I am a very slow loser and it's gets frustrating at times, but I just keep plugging away.

Anyone join Dr. Oz 11 week move it lose it? I joined, but basically, to me, it's just a food log. I think it's the same as Calorie Count of Sparkpeople, not sure, but shows how much you burn throughout the day. Same concept. I logged for 2 days and quit. I log for WW and that is enough for me, lol.

ontarget
01-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Rhonda, I'm still upset about what happened in Arizona, too. It reminds me of the 60's. So sad.

JoJo, I'll bet you were cute on that bus. Did you really take a spade with you? When I lived in Montana, we kept a survival box in the back of our jeep. It included much of what you mentioned.

Pam, congratulations on losing 5+ pounds. Slow and easy is the best way to go.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. It's snowing outside, so Curtis and I are snuggled up on the recliner/sofa. We had homemade split pea soup/cornbread for lunch and are about to have some sugar-free dump cake. This will be less than 5 times in over half a year I've had a sf dessert. I think it's time.

Please pray for our nation. I will do the same.

beach bum
01-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had some snow & ice this morning so I didn't get out to church or to see my friends at brunch.Getting a little edgy about my procedure tomorrow,but I guess that quite normal for that to happen.

I'm now going though all they stuff I need from downstairs like paper towels & toilet tissue that I have stored in the basement,since I won't be using the stairs for the next used weeks anyway.My other neighbor was down for the day and told me to call her as she a general practitioner nurse,for any questions about meds etc.

SANDRA & RHONDA-Thanks for the well wishes and I think the walker is safer than the crutches.

JOJO-I misunderstood about the cooker. Hope that it gets fixed soon.

PAM-Thanks I hope all things come out aright,Its just the nervousness that coming over me waiting for the time to pass and get it over with.

Have a wonderful evening. Have to go,don't know when I will be back posting again,but as soon & I can I will do so.

Hugs Maryann

nancy237
01-09-2011, 10:41 PM
I have a posting question...
If all goes well with Robin I will be posting updates for almost 6 months...
Would it be better to have a separate thread for his updates and then it would be easier to see the week to week progress??
Would that make it harder or easier for you chicks and new gals to see what is going on with him???

sloanie
01-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Nancy, I think you should do whatever is easiest for you. It would be easier to see week to week progress if you had a separate thread, but if that's too much trouble, don't do it. Is he going home tomorrow?

ontarget
01-09-2011, 11:11 PM
I agree with what Sloan says. Is he going home tomorrow?

nancy237
01-09-2011, 11:24 PM
They are still saying that coming home tomorrow is a good possibility..
I came home tonight to get the house clean & stocked with groceries and his daughter is staying at the hospital with him. I'll be back there by 6 am when
the Dr makes rounds..Then we should know for sure...

There is a lot of discharge planning needed so I will not be surprised if it is Tuesday...

The horse thing was a very special encouragement to us because it is
directly related to our dream and we both need to still be dreaming..
One friend today said it wasn't practical with the leukemia and all and I understand why she thinks that but I just told her we can be logical right now or choose to still dream...

jojo23
01-10-2011, 03:05 AM
The new thread is up and running

lisanovak
01-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Happy Monday Ladies! I don't get much computer time over the weekend with two teenage boys, but it sounds like you all had a pretty good one.

I am a bit nervous, I weigh in tonight, and even though I stayed on plan, and even did a bit of exercise (ICK!), I think I will only be down at most a pound. I know, I know, I should be happy with a pound, but dang it, I was really hoping for 2.

Wish me luck...:^:

Tejas
01-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Lisa, if you have not done so already, go over to the new weekly thread. We start them on Mondays.