Support Groups - Aussie Chicks 2011

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Aussie Chicks 2011

LittleKiwi
01-03-2011, 04:46 AM
A new thread for a new year, hope you'll all join me here!

:newyear:

LittleKiwi
01-03-2011, 04:58 AM
Happy new year Aussie Chicks! Sorry to hear you're not well Gen that sucks. Well done on the .3kg though - as you say, a loss is a loss!

Your resolutions sound good Vonni :) Great to hear positive plans!

I'm starting my new year off booze free. Eek! :eek: I'd like to do a month just to show myself that I can but who knows how long I'll last. At the very least I want to stop drinking during the week. All that wine is delicious but really just more calories that I don't need. I've stocked up on soda water and as it's been scorching hot today I've been enjoying it with ice, lemon and a sprig of mint.

Other than that I've finally started on my running training as I need to be able to run for a decent length of time when it comes to starting my half marathon training. 3 days into the new year and I've been for a wee jog each day - 20 mins on the first 2 and managed 25 mins tonight. Just starting off slowly and looking to build up speed and endurance.

Read "Frence Women Don't Get Fat" last week and that was interesting. The theory is basically quality over quantity, don't eat unconsciously - sit down at a table to eat rather that in front of the telly, eat whatever you want but don't overdo portions. Some of it I thought was hooey (like eating nothing but leek soup for 2 days when you get started!!) but a lot made sense and it's given me stuff to think about.

Still going through lots of tough emotions with the breakup and am realising more than ever that I need to focus on looking after myself because if I don't nobody else will.

So for me, 2011 is going to be about regaining my confidence and my independence and getting fit and fabulous again :D

Hope to see everyone posting here regularly - lets help keep eachother motivated!!

:twirly:

pacman12
01-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Woohoo - happy 2011! Can't be worse than 2010 so I am hopeful haha!!

Finishing TTOTM took another 300g so I'm at 85.9kg for my first official Monday weigh in of 2011.

mumtoliam
01-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi all! I am Vanessa and I yoyo and have been trying to lose weight forever. I have had success over the years. In 1999, I got to my ideal weight with Lite'n Easy. Over the years I ballooned out of control. In 2009, I joined Jenny Craig and also had success. I was at my current weight when I started and over 6 month I lost 11kg. But I found the food expensive. Four weeks before Christmas a Weightwatchers opened up outside my son's swimming school and there was a WW meeting at the same time as his swimming lesson. So I walked into WW. I havent tried WW before. I am thinking since I plan my meals. I choose and research what the foods point value is. I will have some success and I will be able to control what I do. The previous "diets" were all done for me. I didnt control what I was eating.

But I know how hard it is to lose weight and I have a lot to lose. I need daily motivation. I feel for you Littlekiwi. I separated from my husband 5 years this february and I still feel the pain. Just when I think I am coping life takes another turn. The recent is my son's dad wants more custody. When we separated in 2006. I gained full custody. He started going out with a high school friend in Feb 10, and wanted his son to be part of his life again. They married in Dec 10 and this week is my son's first week away from me ever. It is so hard :( I have been up and down on the scales the last few weeks due to the anxiety, depression and emotional eating. I lost 1.4kg 2 weeks ago, and Christmas Day I was sooo good, I even exercised for an hour, but then the next 3 days I felt sad at my son going to my dad's and ate every chocolate given to me for Christmas and put on 1kg, my next weigh in. My son has been gone for 4 days and I was feeling depressed, I didnt leave the house for 4 days. Today I got up, had a shower, planned my breakfast, and my day, and I am back on track again.
I need to be strong for myself and my son. Not give into to eating for the sake of eating. Tonight I had 6 PP left and I had tomato on toast with a Caramel Latte. I am feeling good.

I need a support network and I will be there for you too. I am hoping for a lighter 2011. I have custody battles at the end of this month and I want to feel strong emotionally.

So my 2011 starting weight is 127.1kg. Can't weight to lose the kilos with myself controling the weight loss.

7senuf
01-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Welcome Vanessa. And Happy New Year to you :). I've done the WW thing and yes it can work. I just got to lazy. Sry to hear of yr break up with usband. They are hard. I went from a 10 yr marriage into a relationship and that broke down after 7 years. Children to both relationships. But I am getting through day by day.

Julia your jogging is coming along awesomely (is that even a word? lol) And good for you about making the decision to regain yr confidence. I think sometimes in the bigger sense of things we lose sight of who we are.

On a brighter note - 2010 was a crap year for me weight wise and well u other girls know the rest. But guess what..... I met a man lol.

And Gen I know you are going to absolutely flip at me knowing the polotics of our jobs but yes he is from work lol. So technically I had already met him. But we hooked up NYE (no not to much alcohol involved but I thought stuff it, can't hurt). And saw each other again last evening. And seeing each other again Wednesday lmao.

Good thing he is on some time off from work at the moment. As we'd like to keep things discreet. And no strings or expectations. I have told him for me it's a bit of fun only. He's happy with that. Even better cause he is moving away in a few weeks for a couple of months. So we both know where we stand. I am thinking it is great cause it might give me some more incentive to lose weight.

BUT I only ate once yesterday and after a lot of exercise mowing the lawn and about 7 litres of water I have woken this morning with bad belly. grrr. All that water has flushed me out haha. Overdosed on it I am sure.

I put on over a kilo during the xmas break, so my plan started already. Though our gym is closed till 4th January (oh dear thats today lol) I have been working out at home in the garage.

Anyhow enough rambling. I was up till 3am and have things to do. Have to pick up my son and he is 2 hours away. How on earth am I going to survive.

pacman12
01-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Ooh exciting - another nurse? I'm glad one of us is getting some cause I sure aren't!

LittleKiwi
01-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Vonni I reckon your bad belly is punishment for only eating once in a day - that's naughty!!! Anyway ... tell us about this man of yours! Good on you for having some fun.

Welcome to Vanessa :D Sounds like you're going through a tough time, sorry to hear that. I'm sure it'll get better though and we'll be here to support with the weight loss journey! I've done weight watchers and had great success. Unfortunately I stopped counting points and stopped going to meetings and the weight all came back on again. I do believe it's a great program though and gives excellent results so good luck to you!

Today is my last day off work, back into it tomorrow. Boohoo! I wasn't feeling 100% so stayed in bed until nearly 2pm and then forced myself to get up. Might nip down to the shops just to get out of the house and I need to think about what I'm going to take to work for lunch tomorrow too.

My main goal today will be to move. I've already done 3 runs this week so my goal for tonight is to go for a walk, even if it's just 20 minutes around my local area.

7senuf
01-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Gen he is a wardie at work, and also qualified in remedial massage. Works privately doing that. And my GOD he is good. though my muscles on the left feel bruised cause he really got into the knots. But guess what.... i'm so much looser around the neck and shoulder and feel fantastic. maybe i can get a few more massages in before he leaves to ease my migraines.

7senuf
01-04-2011, 02:23 AM
oh and Julia??? Yeah and the once was a bloody meat pie. soooo not great for the belly OR the ulcer

mumtoliam
01-04-2011, 04:23 AM
Hi everyone! Can't wait to get to know more about you all. I had a 'me' day today. Hopped on the exercise bike this morning. Then after breakfast and a shower went to a friend's house and finally got to do some sewing. I havent touched my sewing machine since May last year. I have got to a great point in a quilt I am making. Just got two borders to put on then it will be ready for hand appliquing and quilting. Feels good.

I also splurged tonight and cooked garlic prawns for one for dinner. Will enjoy a walk in a moment before it gets too dark. My son rings me at 7pm and I am feeling happy having heard his voice. Off to grab the ipod and take in my surroundings. Will check in tomorrow and comment more.

7senuf
01-04-2011, 06:23 AM
yummo Ness @ garlic prawns. You'll have to post some pics of the quilt when yr done. I havent touched my machine in about 6 years lol. I think it would need a service before i can use it again

LittleKiwi
01-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Gosh I can't believe it's 5 months already Gen that's crazy! I'd agree with your thinking of taking your gear to work and go before you get home and have time to relax.

Your ME day sounds nice Vanessa. I think it's important to have days like that :D Garlic prawns sound good too!!

Vonni ... tut tut tut bad eating Mrs!! ;)

As for me, I managed a 20 minute walk last night just as it was beginning to rain. Today it's pouring down so unless it clears I won't be able to go for a run tonight which is a pain.

It's really hard with my ex still living with me but unfortunately there's no other option at the moment so I'm trying to find a way of dealing with it. He's agreed not to see anyone else while he's living with me and I really hope he sticks to that promise as it would do my head in if he didn't.

We've also got a houseful with my sister and her family visiting and I've had to give up my bedroom so I feel a bit lost at home and have got no personal space to relax in at the moment.

LittleKiwi
01-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Woohoo sexxxy lady!! You're looking HOT Gen!

:love::love::love:

The weather has cleared so fingers crossed it'll stay that way! My plan is to get changed and go for a jog as soon as I get home from work.

LittleKiwi
01-05-2011, 01:50 AM
Well it started raining again the minute I left work but yay for me, I went jogging anyway. Walked for 5 mins then jogged for 30 mins and walked again for 5.

Talk about the tortoise and the hare. I have figured out that I actually walk faster than I jog! HA :D

mumtoliam
01-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Little Kiwi - I feel for you! I crave the minutes when my son goes to bed sometimes. I can't imagine what you are going through at the moment.

I lost 0.8 kg this week. Went to WW and weighed in. Usually I do it Monday but it has been a public holiday, and last week as well so I wanted it to be a full week. I will weigh in my usual day next week.

Anyway, in a bid to reward myself, I got dolled up and went out for dinner and the movies with my friends tonight. I had a surf and turf with vegies. Not a entirely bad choice will track it in a moment and see if it was a good choice or not.

I also wore a perfume that I havent worn in years YSL Paris. I bought it just before Christmas for myself. It sounds silly but when I smelt myself I remember the fun times and how I felt when I wore it last. It was in 1999, just before I met my husband, and looking back that was the best year in my life. I had plans to go to Mauritius and the UK whilst the Sydney Olympics were on, there were some good deals around the time. Anyway I met my husband in the Feb of 2000, and decided around June that I didnt want to waste my "savings" on travel and buy a house instead. I haven't visited both places yet either.

Its funny cause after this, I started wearing fragrances that my ex liked more. But Paris is my fragrance. I chose this. I think I want to travel again.

Reality kills the dream though. I have my son and a mortgage, and there is not much left out of the pay packet lately to save for such extravagances. Plus there is house maintenance and the kitchen will need renovating and my car is getting old... If only...

LittleKiwi
01-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Well done on your loss Vanessa that's great :cheer:

I weighed myself this morning and the scales showed a loss of 2kg. They're pretty crappy bathroom scales so I'm not 100% sure of their accuracy but I'll take that!

I've set myself up for a good day today, have brought a nice lunch to work and stopped in at the supermarket this morning and bought some fruit and nuts to snack on.

Goal for tonight is to go for a walk. Here's hoping that the rain clears!

mumtoliam
01-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Well done Little Kiwi! She that fails to plan plans to fail.

I am also hoping it stays sunny today. My son's friend's mother was chatting to me at cricket last year and mentioned how she does a small group personal training session twice a week. I rang her last night before I went out and tonight will be my first session. I hope I can do some of the exercises. I havent been to a gym for two years and have decided not to join a gym yet. I am hoping that I can work out at home, walk and do the personal training sessions twice a week. They are held in a local park and I can take Liam - he can play on the park equipment when we train. If it gets too much, I will have to ask someone to mind him but I'll see how it goes next week when I have him back home. I'm also hoping that I will be able to move tomorrow LOL

LittleKiwi
01-06-2011, 01:16 AM
That group sounds great Vanessa. I saw one in a park near me the other day and I think they're awesome for getting people into doing something a bit different.

Thankfully it's turned out to be a stunning day here and I've just been for a 40 minute walk in the sun. Yay me!

Vonni and Gen what are you guys up to?

mumtoliam
01-06-2011, 03:12 AM
Damm! I was reluctant and excited to go work out and the personal trainer has called in sick!!! Still will go walking! I even got a new sports bra, so if we did running I would have adequate support. LOL

It is sunny here too Kiwi! Von, Gen hope things are going well for you guys!

7senuf
01-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Had a friend from Brissy visit yesterday so we threw a BBQ. about 20 people turned up had an awesome but another late night - ummm 3am I think it was heehee.

Have seen my "friend" twice since new years (yes he came to BBQ) and a couple of short cuppa visits today.

Had a few to many wines (um 3 bottles) and cowboy shots but pulled up feeling awesome after only 4 hours sleep.

Today was spent cleaning up the aftermath (thank god I have party shed and not house mess). Then at 8pm I went off to the police station to report my ex breach of protection order. Yes it was 8pm because my copper friend took the statement. Sat there for 3 hours chatting and typing and having coffee with the cops in their staff room. Privileged me even uses the staff toilets heehee.

I go back to work tomorrow night. Yayy. I'm getting itchy feet being at home all the time even with my awesome friends around me.

Better go, its past midnight so i need to get my beauty sleep.

Oh OH OH I need to go clothes shopping. some of my pants are stating to fall off me heehee woohooo

LittleKiwi
01-08-2011, 05:33 AM
HaHa Gen you are hardcore!! :D

I did no exercise yesterday but have made up for it today by going for a 1 hour 20 minute walk on the beach tonight. Went with the ex and it was actually quite nice! I'm glad that we can still be friends.

summershine
01-08-2011, 06:13 AM
mmmm burritos. burritos are great.

sooo disappointed, though! I looked at the nutrition chart on the mexican place website, and it said that the burrito was less that 200 cals! I nearly died of tasty-awesome. Then I realised I was looking at the 'per 100g' column, and it was actually about 600 :( not an awful number, but still awfully disappointing!

note to self: mexican food is awesome; make more of it.

LittleKiwi
01-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Oh yum I love Mexican food too. Don't get too many opportunities to eat it though as it's not super popular here in NZ.

Gen well done for hitting the gym again that's awesome! You're brave getting braces but good on you for doing it. You're having a total body transformation!

I had a pretty good weekend. Kind of accidentally slept with my ex yesterday OOPS! He knows that it's not an indication that I'm going to take him back though so that's good. Was damn good too and I think I blew his tiny mind ;)

Got lots planned for this week. I'll go for a run tonight by myself and then have plans to meet friends for walks on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Good to be getting out and about again!

7senuf
01-09-2011, 10:16 PM
HAHAHA at accidently slept with yr ex. Hmmm JULIA JULIA how can it be an accident? lmao

LittleKiwi
01-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Ummmm, I slipped and landed on top of him? HAHA!!

Oh well, needs must sometimes eh!

mumtoliam
01-10-2011, 05:02 AM
I love mexican food as well. I still have it but without the sourcream and avocado. I add low fat greek yoghurt on top. Yum!!!

As today wasn't a public holiday I went back to my regular WW meeting and weighed in. 0.6kg loss!!!! I was happy with that, after last Thursday I hit a low again. Ate healthy, but didnt exercise. I missed my son sooo much!

Last night he came home. I am happy. Tonight I cooked a healthy Italian lamb meal with pasta and heard complaints. He hates vegetables, and I added 5 vegies - tomato, red onion, capsicum, eggplant and zuchini. All I heard during dinner was his complaints. Then I made him a jelly and he slopped it on my clean tiles, Lastly he peed on the floor of the toilet. Grrrrrrrrr! I miss him when he's away and now I think how much I have to clean after him. LOL

It is good having him home again.

I can understand 'needs'. I slept with my ex a couple of times maybe two years after separated - I was quite clear from the beginning. It was after the third time - he got my message though. Then I got an earful on how he felt used.

LittleKiwi
01-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Congrats on the loss Vanessa that's great :D

I did 1 hour and 5 minutes of exercise last night and felt every minute of it. Did 5 mins walking/10 mins jogging x 4 and was whacked at the end of that.

Meant to be going for a hill walk with a friend tonight but rain is looming so we'll have to wait and see.

pacman12
01-10-2011, 07:37 PM
I went to the gym again yesterday afternoon, mostly because my hot water was out again and I wanted a shower at the gym! I didn't do much - 25 mins on the treadmill and about 25 mins on the elliptical. I figured it was better than sitting in front of the TV and I did get a shower out of it!

Got a new hot water heater installed today so hopefully no more problems. Back to school tomorrow - got a TON of reading, I can't believe how much crap they expect us to take in in one day! Buggers. Gotta do laundry tonight too so will see if I make the gym or not.. maybe later since I don't have to be at school til 830.

Anywhoo.. rambling. Fangs sore! Ate chili for lunch, and eating cheese, yoghurt and popsicles tonight! Can't remember if I posted a pic, so here it is!

LittleKiwi
01-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Wow they're hardly even noticable! GOod on you Gen ... you're turning into a gym junkie!!

:D

summershine
01-10-2011, 08:59 PM
you mean you didn't get fluorescent hot pink metal ones?!

Shame.

:p

pacman12
01-10-2011, 09:57 PM
It feels like they are!! Feels like my lips aren't big enough to cover them! And flossing takes about an hour because you have to use this stupid thing and thread the floss behind the wire on each tooth.. so painful! Can't believe I actually did it but after these are off, I am getting veneers and having hollywood teeth! Have always had yellowy teeth as my mother took tetracycline antibiotics when pregnant with me, so I am looking forward to flashy superwhite teeth that I won't wear away with grinding!

This may put a dent in my internet dating plans though.. haha.. just started looking better and now I will be ugly betty for at least 18 months! LOL.

LittleKiwi
01-11-2011, 05:15 PM
You're having a total transformation Gen. Good on you!

The rain cleared yesterday and I was able to go walking with my friend. It was about 55 minutes mostly uphill and half an hour back. My butt is feeling it today so I know I got a good workout :D It was actually really good because my friend is about the same level of fitness as me so neither of us felt too fast or too slow. We've made a plan to do this particular walk once a week so that's going to be good.

No exercise for me today as I'm catching up with a couple of friends tonight so I'll be keeping a close eye on what goes into my mouth.

mumtoliam
01-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Morning all,

I went for my first ever personal training session last night, it started to sprinkle as we started and then after our warm up, and ten minutes of interval training - it started to pour down, and we decided to stop. Our next session is Thursday, so I am hoping for sunshine.

This morning I went to the shops and finished getting school stuff for Liam to go back to school with. I hope I have finished. LOL

I am gonna go plan tonight's dinner, I am thinking of having pork, eggplant and pumpkin curry... a new WW recipe. I miss my coconut milk based curries. Hope this one hits the spot.

See you,

mascara blue
01-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Ugh that's terrible, I didn't think about him living there still!! How awkward.

I feel bad when people ask how I am losing weight, but I find it SO RUDE too!! I would never ask someone I work with that is not a close friend how they are losing weight! They all want me to tell them "the ______ diet" but I just said "I am eating less calories and high protein, low carb" - which is true, but not the whole truth obviously. Had some nurses on the ward really interrogating me today about how much I have lost and how, in front of my hot married boss, it was quite embarrassing!!

Haha so it's not just me who gets annoyed by these questions! I also feel really embarrassed and all I say is I dont eat sugar but then they start asking me more question and it really annoys me!

oh and btw hi everyone, :) I live in Perth and have dieted all my life and I think have tried every diet under the sun and now doing Dukan. Which so far is the only diet that I initiated myself (instead of for example Jenny Craig or Cohen etc) and lost weight on and I think that's why I have been able to stick to it and return to it post cheat more than other diets, because I am only accountable to myself. I dont know if that makes sense....

Anyway look forward to getting to know you all! xo

7senuf
01-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Hi Mascara Blue.
Agree about people asking. It's rude. I also get asked occassionally if i am pregnant. Unless u actually SEE a baby emerging at that moment don't ask lol. I do get a little bulge at the top of my abdo, and its usually when my ulcer is playing up - GEN? Theories on that please?

Julia I PMSL at "slipped" My kids must think I am, crazy.

As for me, Things are pretty full on with my new "friend", and I think that is helping me stay on track with eating though interfering with exercise time. But making most out of the companionship before he leaves :(

LittleKiwi
01-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Welcome Mascara Blue :welcome2: it's great to see Aussie Chickes getting some more people onboard! I'm actually a Kiwi Chick and I'm in Christchurch.

Sounds like you're having some fun Vonni so good on you :D

I had such a lovely evening last night, popped in to see a mate briefly after work and made plans to have lunch together on Sunday and then went to another friend's place for dinner. All the way home I got all the green lights and the radio was playing great music :D I was thinking to myself that I'm having some awesome karma at the moment!

Got home and had a couple of glasses of wine and the ex rang up pleading for help as his car had broken down. I was very pleased to say no, sorry I've had too much to drink to be able to drive. His karma is very bad at the moment and if I'm honest I find it amusing :lol:

So no exercise for me last night. I had been feeling pretty good yesterday but today man, my butt is so sore! The big walk I did up the hill on Tuesday is definitely hitting me now. I'm going to have buns of steel in no time if I keep it up!

Anyway, plans for today are good food and some exercise. I've bought 2 apples to work to snack on, a wee bag of pretzel bows and a small bottle of diet lemon, lime and bitters. I'm meeting a friend for a walk after work and she's a distance person so we'll probably walk for at least an hour which is good.

Hope you're all well!

mumtoliam
01-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Welcome Mascara.

I'm supposed to be going down the South coast on Saturday but I feel reluctant to go. Hopefully some time this afternoon I will have the energy to get organised to go.

7senuf - are you near the floods? Is anyone else on here from Queensland? How bad are the floods? I can't imagine how long it is going to take them to clean up.

I am looking forward to my personal training session tonight! I will let you know how I feel in the morning. LOL

catch you all later,

LittleKiwi
01-13-2011, 05:18 PM
How did your PT session go Vanessa? I used to love my PT sessions when I went to the gym, it really made me push myself.

I met up for a friend last night and went for a walk around a big park and ended up jogging a bit too. She's nearly 6 foot tall and I've been feeling really intimidated at the idea of jogging with her but it turns out that her pace is about the same as mine :D so now I have a jogging buddy which is exciting.

I'm meeting up with another friend tonight for a big walk and then we'll grab some dinner together after that.

I'm looking forward to next week, I've made an appointment to go talk to someone at a place called the Academy of Combat. They run womens thai kickboxing classes so I'm looking at doing that.

mumtoliam
01-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Sounds like you are doing some exciting exercises! Its good to try new things.

I loved last night's workout. I had to stop and catch my breath a few times, but definitely worth it. I did a variety of exercises I would never have tried before. I can feel the effects from doing some boxing. LOL

Liam and I are off to the baseball tonight. We are watching Sydney Blue Sox vs Adelaide. Can't wait.

Until then I am about to plan what to take away. Have you ever dreaded going away? This is my 5th year going to the same destination with my mum, my sister and her partner and kids. I know I will enjoy it when I'm there but I hate packing. We take everything - linen, food, cleaning products, clothes - the works.

I am sooooo looking forward to my week away in April, I'm taking my mum and son to Lindeman for a week. That's my kind of holiday!

If I don't check in later today, see you in a week's time!

LittleKiwi
01-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Hope you have a good holiday Vanessa :D

HMM3
01-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi!

Can I join you? My name is Helen and I live in Cambridge, in the North Island New Zealand ..... (I see you have a flexible definition of Aussiechicks!)

I have three daughters and teach for a living ...

I tend to always do well with diet and exercise at this time of year .... bit fall of the wagon about march/april .... hoping to ensure I keep at it this year ....

Looking forward to getting to knowyou :)

summershine
01-15-2011, 02:15 AM
Hi HHM3, welcome to extended-aussieland!

could it be that you start falling off the wagon as it gets colder, or do you find you just run out of new-years-resolution-weight-loss steam? :p

HMM3
01-15-2011, 04:07 AM
Hi Summershine ....

Thanks for the welcome ...

I like to exercise and the long summer break from school allows me to get stuck in to exercise as well as more time for meal planning etc ... ....

As it gets colder and the stress/work increases I find I make too many excuses .... but no more ... not this year .... I am determined to finish the year trimmer and healthier than how I started :)

I have recently joined Anytime fitness in my hometown .... so I'm going to use this after my girls go to sleep .....

Good luck with your goals .....

Helen

7senuf
01-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Read everyones posts briefly. started work at 6.30 this morning, finished at 3 then have been helping a friend clean his house all evening as h is moving and needs to be out by tomorrow. I am stuffed.

Ummmm someone out there asked me if I am near floods. Yes we are, our town was isolated, but now the main bridges into town are opened. There was no milk, bread or fuel in town and even now the shelfs in supermarket are becoming bare of other items though we can now get milk and bread. 2 fuel stations went under so i will never buy fuel there again lmao.

Have been busy with the man friend and working nights and stupid days so i apologise for not responding to individual posts.

oh and i lost a kilo the past 2 weeks

LittleKiwi
01-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi Helen welcome to 3FC! Great to have another Kiwi chick onboard :welcome2:

Vonni congrats on the loss that's awesome! You getting some extra exercise with your man friend ;)

I had a pretty lazy weekend, didn't exercise on either Saturday or Sunday and I felt really lazy and blah for it. As a consequence I really didn't feel up to doing anything today but forced myself to get up and go to a local forest wehre I did a half hour jog. Feeling lots better now!

Tonight I'm going to find out about starting some womens Thai kickboxing classes so am excited about that.

Funnily enough, my diet doesn't seem to be too much of a problem at the moment, I'm not feeling like overeating and I think that's probably due to the amount of exercise I'm doing. It's a good feeling.

LittleKiwi
01-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Well the Thai kickboxing's not going to happen - $30 per week with a minimum 1 year commitment! I have however enrolled in a bootcamp which is $9 per session for 10 sessions and I'm starting that next week which will be cool.

Was meant to be going for a bit hill walk tonight but it's absolutely pouring with rain so that's probably not gonna happen now. This is one time when it would be good to belong to a gym still.

HMM3
01-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Hi Little Kiwi ....

Good luck with the Bootcamp ..... I'm a wee bit chicken to try something like that at the moment ... $30 for Kickboxing is ridiculous (how many sessions a week was that?) ....

I'm going to Zumba tonight ... I go with my daughter who loves it ....

What hill do you walk up in Christchurch?.... isn't it kind of flat there!?

Take care
Helen

LittleKiwi
01-18-2011, 02:51 AM
The $30 per week included use of their gym and as many classes as you wanted. Still too steep for me.

The track I was meant to walk tonight is Rapaki. I did it last week for the first time and it took about 55 minutes to go one way, nearly all uphill. It was pouring with rain so rather than not work out at all I went and joined up at a wee local gym. I just joined for a month and am not committed to carrying on if I find that I don't use it much.

Had a delicious salad for dinner and made enough for 2 meals so that's tomorrow's lunch sorted as well.

Hope you have fun at Zumba Helen!

HMM3
01-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Hi ..

Little Kiwi .... I hope the gym works out ... Zumba was great and I really love being able to exercise with my daughter .... got up early to do some weights at the gym this morning too ....

Eating I think is ok .... ...

I'm hoping for a loss this week on Friday .... :crossed:

hmm .... I wonder where all the Aussie chicks are??? ;)

LittleKiwi
01-19-2011, 02:13 AM
Yes indeed, where is everyone???

Went for a jog with a friend today and managed about 38 minutes. That's the longest so far!

HMM3
01-20-2011, 12:20 AM
38 mins .... that is cool. Are you training for an event?? .... I use to do a bit of jogging (20 kilos ago!!!) .... I would like to get back into it .... but I feel I need to get the weight off first ..... am trying to do weights and interval cardio training ....

The Aussies may be missing but the Kiwis should try and keep things going without them ....;)

pacman12
01-20-2011, 07:41 AM
I'm around, just don't have time to scratch myself this semester though.. crazy busy at school. Am being a beyotch from **** at work, so snappy from stress! Eek. Did make it to the gym last night in case that helped and hoping for a better mood today. Lost a little bit of weight so that helps.

It is quite annoying that I am almost at my 6 month postop date and the loss is so slow now, but I have to remember there's no race to get "there" to some magic number - so long as I am eating healthy and exercising, I am already there. My BMI is 30 today... any more loss and I am officially "overweight" and not "obese"!

I thought of you Julia when I was on the treadmill last night.. felt like a jog so started trotting and by the time I was like "OK.. done!" I looked down and it was a whole 2.5 mins. Haha. I can't imagine ever being a non-spazzy runner.

LittleKiwi
01-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Gen that's awesome, well done on the BMI reading!! And 2.5 minutes running is nothing to be sniffed at - I started being able to jog for 1 minute at a time and look at me now!

Helen I'm training for a half marathon. Bloody scary thought but I know I can do it!

Woe is me, I've come down with a cold and am feeling like crap today :( That makes it two colds that I've had in the last month. Not happy Jan!

HMM3
01-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Little Kiwi ... good for you about the half marathon .... when is the big day? ....

Augigi ... (Hi I'm Helen) ... good for you ..... I'm hoping to get in the overweight category rather than the obese category too ... I've got to get to 88 kg ....

On a positve note .... I'm 90.7 kg this morning .... which I think puts me just below 200 pounds .... (or onederland as some put it on here) ....

pacman12
01-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Awesome Helen (I'm Gen)! Yeah I think I'm about 185lbs now, and I started at 259 in April, so I can't complain too much. People at work at really asking me all the time now - and some of them are very persistent!

They say "oh gee, you've lost a lot of weight" and I say "Oh yeah" and they say "How much?" and I say "Oh, that's a secret" and smile.. and they just keep asking. Honestly people, which part of "none of your business" don't you understand!?

Just makes me so uncomfortable when I'm with some of the guys I work with (who haven't mentioned a thing - they are men's men!) and someone starts interrogating me about my weight.

HMM3
01-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Hi Gen ... Those are impressive numbers ....

I'd love to get to the point of people being able to notice ....

... The guys I work with do discuss other women's weight a lot though ... I alwasys feel very uncomfortable around any topic like this and never engage ...

pacman12
01-21-2011, 07:19 AM
BMI 29.9 - I am "just" overweight! Yay!!

7senuf
01-21-2011, 05:28 PM
OMG OMG GEN That is absolutely fantastic

pacman12
01-21-2011, 11:00 PM
:) thanks Von.

HMM3
01-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Hi Gen

Congrats on the BMI .... :)

I'm sorry to hear you are having a miserable day ....:hug: .....

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate ...

mumtoliam
01-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Welcome Helen!

Good afternoon every one else! I am back from a blissful week away. Although I dreaded the planning and packing to go away, it went soooo quickly, and I had a fabulous time!

I bought my son his first fishing line and in his first hour he caught two fish exclaiming, "Fishing is soooo easy!" LOL A total of 3 fish caught on the holiday.

We had an excellent time swimming in the inlet. I have a funny sunburn mark on my arm where I forgot to put sunblock. It is roughly a hand width band in the middle of my arm, and bright red. Other than that you wouldn't know I'd been swimming all week. I am very fair skinned and have been known to get third degree burns from the sun in less than an hours sun. So I consistently apply the SPF, and cover up.

I stuck to my meal plan except for two ice creams. But I don't use my WW weekly point or activity point allowance so I am hoping that when I weigh in on Monday I will still have lost something. Fingers crossed.

I am exhausted from the drive but think I willl take my son for a walk after dinner tonight. That way I get some exercise in for today.

Back to the training Tuesday night and work on Friday! ARGHHHH!

Catch you all later,

mumtoliam
01-22-2011, 01:02 AM
BTW congrats Gen! I can't wait until I can say I am out of the obese category too!

pacman12
01-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks ladies :)

Sounds funny to hear about sunburn and SPF.. we had a big snowfall this week and it's been bloody freezing.

HMM3
01-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Vanessa ... sounds like a good holiday .... I tend to get burnt in places I didn't quite reach with the suncream myself and have funny little tanned places to contrast with the rest of me ....

Gen .... so I take it your not in Australia with the snowfall? .....

I've done some cardio early at the Gym .... I'm really loving the new Anytime Gym here .... all brand spanking new equipment and being able to go when you like really suits me (I organised my cardio last week so I could watch the netball tests between England at 5.45 am).... I'll miss the Les Mills classes at my old gym but I could never get to them except in the holidays anyway ....

mumtoliam
01-22-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't know whether to believe my scales or not! My personal scales say I've had a considerable loss. I will wait until tomorrow night's weigh in at WW before I jump for joy. Then I will work out my personal scales accuracy LOL I am hoping that I have lost at least a kilo.

If I have lost more which is what my scales say - then I am amazed. I was away on holiday and not once did I feel like "No I can't have that ice cream, the glasss of wine" I didnt feel like I was on a diet. Fingers crossed for tomorrow night's weigh in.

My sister and I are enjoying a girl's night out after my weigh in - Chicks night at the Flicks. Events cinemas put them on, we are seeing the new Reese Witherspoon movie, with the ticket you get a goodies bag, the previous ones have had sparkling mineral water, tampons, a novel or magazine, Lindt choccies, popcorn. I hope I can celebrate a personal loss, and have this as my treat. Which reminds me I have to ask my father if he will look after Liam for me?

Catch you all later.

LittleKiwi
01-24-2011, 03:28 AM
Gen congrats on your new BMI number that's so exciting!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

Sounds like you had a nice holiday Vanessa :D Funny about your sunscreen story - in the past I've ended up with sunburn surrounding the shape of my fingers where I've missed a spot!

Good luck with your weigh in Helen I hope you get the big loss on the official scales!

I only ended up exercising 3 times last week and by Friday had come down with a cold :( I went away with a girlfriend to the west coast for the weekend and that was lovely. Unfortunately it meant that my eating went waaay off track - lots of wine and cheese and crackers etc and fish n chips on the drive home. OOPS :ink:

Back on track today though and tonight I attended my first session of Boxerfit Boot Camp. Oh. My. God. I will be amazed if I can lift my arms tomorrow!

First we did some cardio and then in pairs we did boxing drills. First 10 straight punches, 10 uppercuts, 10 roundhouses then 1 pressup. Then 20 and 2 pressups, 30 and 3 etc right up to 100 and 10 pressups. Holy moly!!

Next was sit ups and that was what I really struggled with. He had us doing full sit ups where you go from lying down to sitting up and I couldn't finish that but gave it a good go.

So that's what I'm going to be doing every Monday night for the next few months! Tomorrow I've arranged to do a hill walk with a friend and providing we have good weather that's meant to be a weekly thing.

Now I just need to sort my diet out properly because it's a waste to be doing all this exercise if I'm not eating right!

pacman12
01-24-2011, 06:53 AM
Good for you, Julia! I did find that when I had my PT and was training regularly it was much easier to eat well and not ruin my results.

I lost 1.5kg this week, I am so happy with that as my weight loss had been much slower recently. I am only 13.6kg from "healthy" BMI <25... that sounds so much more doable than when I started.

mumtoliam
01-24-2011, 07:38 AM
:( My scales are severly out!!! I only lost 0.6kg. I got sooo happy when I jumped on my scales - it looked like I nearly lost 2kg. But a loss is a loss. I feel like throwing the scales out!

Every little bit helps.

Little Kiwi, is it Julia? What a workout! Wow! I am inspired. I have PT tomorrow night. It is going to be close to 40degrees C tomorrow, hope it is cooler when I workout. I am looking forward to it, crazy, I know. LOL

HMM3
01-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Littlekiwi ..... that makes me feel exhausted just reading it .... do you wear boxing gloves for you class?

Gen ... what a great loss ....

Vanessa .... A loss is a loss .... and with a holiday ... I think it is great you could keep going while disrupting the normal schedule ....

mumtoliam
01-24-2011, 06:50 PM
I have an emotional day today - I blocked it from my thoughts - so I wouldn't eat for comfort.

I start mediation again today with Liam's dad for custody. I currently have full custody and I am worried that Liam's dad is requesting 50/50 split. There will be no decisions made today. I will be going to outline my wants with the mediator. Next visit we all come together. It is soo hard even thinking of Liam going to his dad's every other week. I hope we can come to some sort of arrangement. It is hard to accept any decision though in 2006, my ex signed over full custody to me, last year he remarried and she can't have children and consequently they want custody. I have always tried to encourage his dad to have alternate weekends the past 4 years, this occurred when it was convenient for his father. In February 2010 when they first became a couple, he regulary accessed his weekends. Then in October they questioned my parenting skills. This is why we are now seeking mediation.

I will be strong. I have to. I don't want my son to know or worry until the situation changes. He had been through a lot the last twelve months.

LittleKiwi
01-25-2011, 04:04 AM
Yikes that's some pretty heavy stuff Vanessa :( I have so many friends with stories just like yours and it sucks. I hope you get a positive outcome :hug: and well done for your loss! It may only be .6kg but that's better than a 6.kg gain any day!

Gen 1.5kg is AWESOME!! :woohoo: Love the new profile pic too, that colour is really nice on you :D

Helen the guy that runs the class provides gloves and pads so we're punching away with all the right gear :D My arms, shoulders and back are starting to feel sore today so I'm dreading how I'll be tomorrow!!

Today has been a really good day. I had a banana on toast for breaky, weight watchers muesli bar & nectarine for morning tea, salad with chicken for lunch, apple for afternoon tea and salad with fish for dinner. 2 major wins for me: 3 pieces of fruit today!! I hardly ever eat fruit so that's great for me. I was so proud for taking my lunch - I'm in training this week and every other person bought their lunch from a cafe. I felt very virtuous with my salad!

Had a good workout tonight, went on the hill walk same as 2 weeks ago with a girlfriend and we bet our time by 4 minutes. It's about 55 minutes walking uphill and then about 25 to come down again. I HATE the uphill but my god, it works my butt like nothing else!

Oh and yeah, for our new ladies, I'm Julia :D

mumtoliam
01-25-2011, 05:52 AM
Still digesting today. I am getting legal advice now, as I will not allow 50/50 split, and that's what they(Family relationships Australia) are wanting. Its in the best interest of the child they say. I want to see longitudinal studies. I bet 3/4 of the disillusioned youth are from split families. I want my son to have the best possible future, stability, security, warmth, loving. He would get that from his dad too but with teen suicide on the rise, drugs, cybersafety concerns, I dont want to have my son be lost as he is shifted from household to household. I think I will go broke fighting it but it is worth it.

Anyway, I was looking forward to working out my stress when my PT session was cancelled. Some people have gone away and there is a minimum number. So I felt bummed, I got given a Lindt block of chocolate last night at Chicks at the Flicks, and well I ate the whole block! I have even looked at how many points yet!

Then, I felt guilty and posted it on my facebook page. One of my high school buddies suggested joining her for a Zumba class. I have never been but was considering doing it later when work starts back. I went and WOW, it was just what I needed, my shirt is saturated, my face is RED, I feel alive again. LOL My son sat on the sidelines and watched me work out. He kept saying to me - "Your face is really red" "Do you need your water bottle?" LOL

At the end of the class, he says "Mum, how about we go home and I sing to you and you can dance to my singing". A priceless moment and a positive end to the day.

Night all.

BTW Gen - great loss!
Julia - yum, wish I had eaten what you ate today sounds very satisfying!

7senuf
01-25-2011, 06:38 AM
Ness I feel yr pain. Going through similar myself (hugs) to u

pacman12
01-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Vanessa, I'm sorry you're going through that. Hope it turns out as well as possible for all concerned, esp the little one.

Sorry to switch to being totally superficial, but... I have got a varicose vein!! I am horrified - feel like such an old lady!! Just noticed some blue on my leg and it's kind of swollen. Ook. Might have to go and get it injected. So unfair.. obesity is the risk and I just lost weight! Haha.. must have been going on for a while.

7senuf
01-25-2011, 06:14 PM
damn Gen.

LittleKiwi
01-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your discovery Gen. You must be bummed :(

Vanessa that's such bad timing that your PT session got canned! Unfortunate that you binged on chocolate but hey, at least it was the good stuff eh? Lindt is THE BEST :T:drool::T

How are you doing Vonni? Is the new man able to distract you from the issues with the ex?

As for me, my god I am SORE today! Got sore arms, shoulders, pecs, abs, obliques, back and calves. So I'm going to take today off as a rest day and get back into it by going for a run tomorrow.

Food has been good today so far: banana on toast for breaky, nectarine & little banana for morning tea, subway for lunch and a trim latte for afternoon tea. I think I'll probably have salad for dinner and will make enough to have one for lunch tomorrow too.

HMM3
01-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Hi all....

.... Vanessa ..... sounds very stressful .... hope it can all work out ..... your son sounds like he is a character .... I laughed at the Zumba story :)

Julia ... hope it is not too sore today .... but I get sore arms just thinking about it ... my PT once got the gloves out .... it was truly the worst(most exhausting) thing I have done with her ....

I'm having another session tonight .... but it is so hot here today ...

Gen .... I have a vein on my leg.... I got quite a few with my last pregnancy ... they all went away bar one :(. Nice one for your loss )...

Well it is back to work time for me ..... I've been popping in and out of school for a few days now .... but tomorrow we have to be there :(.....

pacman12
01-26-2011, 10:20 PM
My fingers are finally "less chubby" enough to wear the ring my grandmother left me.. I don't like emeralds as a rule, but I think it's the most beautiful ring.

LittleKiwi
01-27-2011, 02:51 AM
What a great feeling Gen. I'm waiting for that to happen to me so that I can wear a ring my mum bought me for my 30th!

I'm so proud of myself today, went for a run after work and made it twice around the park which means I ran just over 7km. I can't believe it!

Had lovely salad and steak for dinner and am now enjoying a cold soda water. Have got a weight watchers ice cream sunday waiting for a treat later :D Also made salad for tomorrow's lunch but then proceeded to drop it all over the floor :( I've washed it all off but won't be surprised if I find a few dog hairs in it tomorrow!

pacman12
01-27-2011, 07:18 AM
7km!!! That's an amazing effort Julia!!

mumtoliam
01-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Hi all! Went back to work this week and back to bad habits. I started today off well so I am getting back on plan.

Poor Gen - does your leg hurt? Great news about the ring though.

I wish I had your motivation at the moment Julia. I have eaten junk and not exercised - I will probably show a gain on the scales on Monday night.

I am off to dinner tonight too, hopefully there will be some good choices on the menu.
Catch you all later,

pacman12
01-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Nah - only hurts my pride and vanity! Heh. I bought some graduated compression stockings to wear that should improve the blood flow. Might see someone about getting it injected/lasered. It's just 2 small blue spots.

HMM3
01-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Gen .... let me know if the stockings work .... I haven't really worried about mine .... I usuallhy wear pants so its never seen ....

I am starting to fit into some of my old knee length skirts so it may be a good idea to do something about it soon ...

Julia .... sounds like you are doing wonderfully with the exercise and food for the moment ....

7senuf
01-29-2011, 06:13 PM
I have some spider veins around the sides of my knees. I always wear compression trouser socks or stockings to work. I think it just comes with the job.

My man left on Friday. was horrible. Even though it's just been 4 short weeks I miss him like crazy already. Even the girls do. Ebony-Grace clung to him like a monkey, then when he finally got her down she jumped in front drivers seat of his car and wouldn't get out lol. It was a long kiss goodbye. Very long kiss goodbye. He grasped my face and traced like he was memorising every little wrinkle lol.

On the upside to this - while he has been around I have eaten no junk. And yesterday i bought a packet of twisties, ate a few then went yuk and threw the rest out. woohoo.

Dnt know when he is coming back. He is hoping for 3 weeks time. its an 11 hour drive so I don't think I could throw the kids in the car that long, even though I have 9 days off soon. :( but we've talked on phone about 4 times already and sent a few texts.

Anyhow, I'll stop griping. Have read everyones posts, just nothing really being processed inside my head to comment lol.

7senuf
01-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Oh, and notice the ticket change? last ticker 72.1kg woohooo now its 69.6

pacman12
01-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Woohoo for under 70, Von! What is your goal?

My stockings I think are a bit thick for work - might have to get the thinner trouser/stocking socks which is more what I wanted. These are like really thick opaque tight material.

7senuf
01-30-2011, 09:20 AM
goal is 60kg. would like to get to 58 which is top end for my height but taking a reality check and figure my age and 4 kids plus my thyroid and stuff will hinder that.

Gen trouser socks are the way to go. can also buy just footlets that ave arch support and compression over arch which are awesome for a lower cut shoe. and the trouser socks i have go above my knee as i am short so i can wear under a skirt heehee

pacman12
01-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Change your ticker to 60! No reason you can't get there if you try hard enough! Childbearing and age don't hurt weight loss, and you are euthyroid now on meds, right?

7senuf
01-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Nope Gen not on meds yet. Still have to get to specialist. With all the **** that has gone on the past 6 mths i have neglected my own health :( BUT i went for my bloods today and doc app on the 7th Feb

HMM3
01-31-2011, 12:26 AM
Hi ..

That is great your under 70kg ..... :) .....

I think it is quite hard picking a goal weight .... I don't have to worry too much about what mine will be just yet ....

LittleKiwi
01-31-2011, 03:31 AM
Vonni that's such awesome news good for you! Sad to hear about your man going away though. Hope you get to see him again soon.

How did your weigh in go Vanessa? You sound like you're back on track which is great.

I started off last week with a hiss and a roar but ended up doing no exercise Thurs, Fri, Sat or Sunday and my food choices weren't great either. I can see though that it was all because I had a big night out on Friday. Too much to drink = ordering pizza bread at one bar and finishing off the night with a McDonalds cheeseburger. Slept all day Saturday then went to a friend's for dinner and what she cooked me wasn't the best for the waistline. Sunday I was just zonked and couldn't drag myself out to do anything productive.

I'm glad that I can see what threw me off track though and I'll try not to let that happen again this week. I started off well today by taking a salad to work for lunch. Didn't really have any naughty snacking apart from 3 jelly snakes then went to boot camp tonight and my god, it was harder than last week and I definitely burned off the 3 snakes and then some! Still haven't started the real boot camp, have just been doing random stuff, the real thing starts next week. I'm scared!

For dinner I had another salad and I've made one for tomorrow's lunch so that's sorted. Fingers crossed that the rain stays away tomorrow so that I can do my walk up the hill.

mumtoliam
01-31-2011, 04:16 AM
I had a pleasant surprise on the scale. My bad choices last week havent caught up with me yet. I have lost 1.5kg for the week. I was a tad shocked because I had a Bailey's Creme brullee the other for dessert. It will probably catch up with me for next weigh in.

It is stinking hot outside and I am seriously thinking of going to Zumba. It starts in just over half an hour... Of to get ready.

I am hoping my PT session is still on tomorrow. If the group cancels again, would you consider quitting the group? I have had 1 session in all of January, admittedly I was away for 2 of them. But still - out of a possible 6 I could have attended. I am thinking I could Zumba and there is no minimum number for that its always packed.

LittleKiwi
01-31-2011, 08:30 PM
You'll have to work hard this week Vanessa to make sure that you don't gain next week! Have you pre-paid for your PT sessions? If you have I'd definitely stick with them. If not, might be better to give zumba a go.

I'm sore today and dreading what I'll feel like tomorrow. My back is aching from all the twisting that goes along with roundhouse punches.

Owie!

pacman12
02-01-2011, 01:24 AM
Congrats on the loss Vanessa!

Julia, I remember the torture of boot camp - but you feel great afterwards.

I got my grade for the 1st exam this semester... terrible! My worst grade since I started grad school - 81%.. a B-. Bleugh. I am finding it really hard to manage my time between work, school, etc. If I am studying, I'm not exercising. If I am exercising, I'm not doing laundry. It's a juggle.

So I was depressed about the exam but instead of sitting here eating something, I went to the gym and watched the Bachelor for 2 hrs. Knackered now but can't sleep!

Didn't gain any weight with TTOTM and hoping the losses will start again tomorrow now that the evil curse is gone.

7senuf
02-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Gen i tried setting my ticker and it wouldnt work

LittleKiwi
02-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself Gen! A B is still a good mark and you need to cut yourself some slack - you've had a lot going on lately. Good for you for taking your frustrations out at the gym though, that's really great :D

As for me, I have now officially lost 2kg :cheer2::cheer3: so I've started a new ticket as of now at 95kg.

Went up the hill with my friend last night and am stoked to say that we knocked off another 5 minutes on the time it took us to reach the top. That made us feel really good :D

Tonight the plan is to go to the gym and do a light workout, maybe just a walk on the treadmill or a bit of cycling. Have left the lovely salad I made for my lunch on the bench at home so will have to shoot home at some stage too!

pacman12
02-01-2011, 10:46 PM
That's awesome Julia! 2kg is amazing!

Hmm Von, you usually just click on the ticker and then put in your PIN and you should be able to update the numbers.

I went to the gym to watch The Biggest Loser tonight :)

LittleKiwi
02-02-2011, 03:32 AM
Well done Gen. I bet it makes it easier to go when you can watch some good telly while you're there!

I very nearly flagged it but am pleased to report that I went to the gym and did 20 minutes walking on the treadmill and 20 minutes cycling.

HMM3
02-02-2011, 04:30 AM
Good for you Julia .... I did flag the gym tonight (so easy to do) .... but determined not to tomorrow ... I like to watch cricket on the machines ...... I don't know why we nearly always lose

This cyclone in North Queensland looks very very scary ......

7senuf
02-03-2011, 03:44 AM
Is the girl getting bigger? if so tell her u r doing a transfusion while she is sleeping. That might shut her up.

pacman12
02-03-2011, 06:43 AM
Hah! Good one..lol.

I lost 0.1 since yesterday so...drumroll.... 35kg lost!!

7senuf
02-03-2011, 10:54 AM
My DIET so far this year stands for Did I Eat That...yep I sure did!!!

LittleKiwi
02-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Wow, congratulations Gen 35kg gone is amazing! Icon party for you ...
:bravo::cp::hat::cb::carrot::cheer3::cheer2::broc: :cheer::woohoo:

Vonni you can't be eating that badly ... you're in the 60's now girl!!!

I managed another 7km jog last night. Still slow but proud of myself that I can do it.

Rest day today :D Thank goodness it's the weekend, looking forward to it.

pacman12
02-04-2011, 07:03 AM
I agree with Julia, Von - can't be that bad given your losses!

Just realized when I weighed in at 82.0 this morning and thought "Gee, not long til the 70's" - that I never just stop to be happy with where I am, I am always moving on in my mind to the next goal. I guess some of that is good to reach for, but I have to remember to stop and just appreciate my achievements so far sometimes.

HMM3
02-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Nice one Gen .... 35kgs is amazing ....:carrot:

mumtoliam
02-05-2011, 04:49 AM
What a week!

Back at work - and busy, busy, busy!!!!

I went to Zumba Monday night, and Tuesday night I had my Personal Training session it was still 40 degrees at 6pm and I don't think it was that much cooler at 7:15 when we started. I don't prepay just pay as I go.

This week, I am thinking of doing some Aqua classes, I love the pool and swimming. If it keeps being around the 40 degree days, I think it will be more a reward than exercise LOL

On the other days I rode my exercise bike and used my exercise DVDs in the air conditioning.

Diet is okay, I think I will gain this week, I havent been bad but I think last week will catch up with me this week.

This week the Child Support Agency sent me a new child support information sheet, my ex is self employed and has just done his tax, his last tax recorded was in 2008. Anyway, the letter indicated he should back pay me... yes! As I am more concerned about custody than child support, when we came to discuss it I said dont worry about back paying me just increase it by the recommended from next payment. But then he insisted that I provide Liam with clothes etc when he stays at his house. Up until March last year I did, but when my ex's new girlfriend moved in I dressed Liam in his birthday outfit and sent a couple of new outfits I bought for him for his birthday to make him look nice and they painted the house in those clothes and wouldn't compensate me when the paint stained them, so from then on I have refused to send Liam with clothes other than the ones he wears on the day he picks him up.

The conversation got heated and I said if he wanted to make it an issue for mediation then so be it, but I won't be offering to forget backpaying then. He rang later that night in a calmer voice but I havent agreed to his negotiations. If worse comes to worse I will request CSA to collect my child support, but than again he will hide his income again. catch 22

Other good news - our Family Dispute Resolution meeting is set for Valentines day. I laughed when I read the letter, but I am feeling positive. I see a solicitor Tuesday. I will let you know whether 50/50 custody is likely.

Liam also scored a home run in teeball today I was a very proud mother. He also caught two good catches. We registered for AFL this afternoon. We havent done a winter sport before I hope we can get up in the colder weather. LOL

mumtoliam
02-05-2011, 04:54 AM
35kg is amazing Gen - how do you keep motivated? It sounds like your life is pretty hectic too with studying. I am going to need some of that to keep me on track. I am in for the long haul but it is hard.

7senuf
02-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Vanessa, my daughters father rang Friday night for the first time in ages. he only rang cause he would hav went past and saw my car not home so would have been fishing where I was. (i was actually at the womans he was sexting before we broke up and she didnt realise he was still attached and we have become great friends lol) Missed the call as ph was outside table while we were indoors playing cards. In the morning I get a text saying good morning to my daughter. so i let her ring him. he organised with her to go for a visit (he hasnt had a visit his choice since 27th December - yes DECEMBER and he only lives around the corner) Anyhow at 1.30 i sent message saying we were going back to town and i would drop her off at 2.30. He sent a text back saying dont worry about it he was busy. well she was so damn upset the *******. She death stared me halfway home before falling asleep. I'm through making excuses for him, I told her outright this time - mummy said yes daddy said no he's busy. I am NOT getting the blame for him being a prat.

Got him tried to ring him for her he wouldnt answer phone. at around 4.30 tried again he answered she said "daddy can i come to your house?"he said for a visit? she said yes. he said "how long for?"
WTF. anyhow he picked her up and told me he would have her back in half an hour. now THATS quality time.
What is it with men? grrr

Vent over.

pacman12
02-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks ladies!

Vanessa and Von, sorry to hear about the issues with the fathers... I don't know why it always seems to be the men who are unreliable and selfish.

To your other question Vanessa, I am not always motivated. It's still a challenge to make sure I eat the right number of calories and don't snack too much. I still get the urge if I am sitting around at night watching TV, or if something happens etc to grab something and shove it in my mouth. Sometimes I do, but I try to make smarter choices and eat something low-calorie so I don't do too much damage. Exercise is really not my fave thing, but I do love my gym and watching TV while I work out (!) so I try to make it there at least 3x/wk.

Cookc04
02-05-2011, 09:13 PM
HI FOlks, well I've been away for about 3 months and I back.
It's good to read all your achievements this year, and sad to hear about your struggles.
In 2010 between august and november I lost a whole 3kgs, that's 1kg a month.
I got on the scales in Mid Januray and I'd put on 2.5 kgs.
I was totally frustrated.

But I have now lost all of that and this week I got to my lowest weight since mid 2008. I felt relieved that what I'm doing now is working better than before.

Looking back I haven't changed much in what I am doing. -I've cut down to 2 peices of fruit a day, and I haven't had a 'real' coffee ( with caffeine) all year.
I have change my breakfast from being porridge, to black beans - that wasn't planned I just had them for a couple of days and noticed I had lost weight during that time without trying so I'm sticking with it. (at the end of 2008 I visited central america where they have rice and black beans for breakfast everyday and I was just trying to cook it myself).
I haven't been going to the gym as much, and I've not been running either. so I'm not getting the insane appetite that I was.
I am using the crazy heat as an excuse not to re-start C25K.

On a good note- I was diagnosed as having insulin resistance in 2008, my starving insulin level was measured at 20. A couple of weeks ago I got tested again, and the insulin levels were 11. Still high, but an indication that my diet change is working for me.

pacman12
02-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Good for you for improving your health in a way that works for you. That is the best reason of all to lose weight. I was so pleased when my fasting insulin went from 20 to 2 and fasting glucose went from 5.6 to 4-something.

LittleKiwi
02-06-2011, 06:41 PM
I went out on the town on Friday night and totally lost control of myself, drank far too much and ended up in a situation where once again I let a man I don't know use me and treat me like dirt. I'm so mad at myself for allowing it to happen.

I'm feeling really depressed and can't stop thinking about what happened when all I want to do is forget about it. The weather has turned bad and I'm actually hoping that it will continue so that I don't have to deal with boot camp tonight as I just don't know that I'm up to it.

So that's me in a nut shell. I'm not doing too good but I know I'll be ok again eventually, it'll just take time.

7senuf
02-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Julia :( build your brick wall with mortar not playdoh as a friend says to me

7senuf
02-06-2011, 08:55 PM
oh hey, was doing a little lethargic tidying up today and found 4 of my duromine tablets that i had left from sample many moons ago. Took one and am feeling bulk energy so when i visit doc today about thyroid, iron and B problems i am going to ask for a prescription. it also helps with my low moods so will kill two birds one stone.

I know u are all going to say noooooooo, but i really have no energy for gym latelyand am eating big meals.

I lost 24 kg in 12 mths on them last time. the first 15 kilos in 3 mths then went off them and my eating plan continued to enable me to lose the rest over the following 9 mths.

The reason my weight went up again was due to the stress factor of my now ex and the food he shovelled into me to keep me "fat" in case another man looked at me.

So my plan is to get the middle strength 30 mg for the first month then the 40 then back down to 30 which is what i did last time and also the last month i dont take very day to wean myself off them. Doc was happy with control of them and my health last time (which was 8 years ago) so hopefully will be happy to prescribe again, as my BMI is still 30
Will keep u all posted.

pacman12
02-07-2011, 12:43 AM
I don't know about helping low mood - duromine made me a crazy ***** and I put the weight back on as soon as I stopped taking them. If you got your thyroid treated, you would probably lose weight and gain energy.

LittleKiwi
02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
I had a day of wallowing yesterday and today am going to pick myself up and move on. I've taken double dosage of my antidepressants in the hope that it will perk me up a bit and I might treat myself to a coffee later. Boot camp was cancelled last night because it was pouring with rain so that's on tonight instead.

I've always wanted to try duromine but my doctor would never prescribe it, particularly because I'm on antidepressants. I'd be interested to see how it works though.

Gen it sounds like you had a good shopping trip. Skinny jeans!!!!! You go girl :D

7senuf
02-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Gen they are STILL not doing anything about my thyroid grrr. Not until every blood result associated comes back abnormal at the same time - I am going to go off for a second opinion I think. Tired of stuffing around. But I can tell you that my iron stores are low, vitamin D is only 25 (which is 'low normal' according to the pathology co.) and my B is depleted. so i have been instructed heavy dose iron tabs on period days, low dose every other day. Vitamin D once daily (which is a change from the 3 daily I used to have to have) and a super B vitamin daily.

HELLOOOOOO my dietary intake is ok so WHY are these essential things not NORMAL.

So I am now armed with printouts of results of those and my scan / biopsy reports and heading to another Doc.

Oh BTW - She wouldnt give me script for the duromine. So i only have 4 left of the sample pack lol. Going to take them anyways.

pacman12
02-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Thyroid can certainly affect particularly vit D and anemia.

LittleKiwi
02-08-2011, 03:23 AM
Sounds like a very good idea to get a second opinion Vonni. Good luck :D

I went to boot camp tonight and did the fitness test. 1.6km run then push ups, burpees, sit ups, shuttle runs etc - as many as you could do in 2 mins for each exercise. I was POOPED after that! We do it again in 6 weeks and compare the times to see how much we improve.

Tomorrow I really need to get up early and do some exercise but mornings and me don't go together so I somehow doubt that'll happen. Can't exercise tomorrow night because I'm going to get pampered.

I don't know if you ladies have them in Aussie but here in NZ there are a bunch of websites that sell products & services cheap for 24 hours. Last week I bought myself a package that gives me a half hour foot spa, half hour foot massage, 1 hour full body aromatherapy massage and half hour facial. All that for $79!! Can't wait :D

mumtoliam
02-08-2011, 03:47 AM
Von - I hope you can get your thyroid sorted.

Gen - How fantastic fitting in a size 12!!!!! I can't wait to fit in Size 12!! In fact that is "my ideal" weight. I probably will still have heaps to lose in terms of WW "goal" weight, but I would be really happy in a size 12 and that is where I intend stopping.

Had a small cooking/ food victory with my son tonight. I am refusing cooking two meals anymore, and I cooked brown rice tonight and he ate it!!!! Woo hoo! I cooked a new WW recipe Bean and Beef Chilli with brown rice. Yummy! I didnt put all the spice and chilis in, and instead of sour cream. I forgot to buy it, we used low fat greek yogurt YUM!

I didnt lose much this week but still had a loss 300g. I think all the water drinking with the hot weather last week, not exercising every day and not eating all my points contributed to the small loss. I feel bloated and can't remember where I am in my cycle. One of the joys of not having a bed buddy, I dont need to keep track and havent. Something I do plan on tracking in terms of weightloss. LOL

I had my legal advice meeting today. I have Family Dispute Resolution scheduled for Valentines Day LOL. I will not be agreeing to 50/50 time split and feel confident on what I need to do if that is the only option discussed on the day. I am hoping that we come to some resolution on the day and can have new parenting orders drawn up afterwards.

I paid off my holiday for April, I am taking my mum and Liam up to Lindeman Island for a week. I am really looking forward to the relaxing break especially after the next couple of weeks.

I also met with Liam's school today. Liam has been having some difficulty understanding social cues and socialising with his peers. I see a paedtrician next week with my ex. He finally agreed to see one with me. I am seeing if Liam has asperger's. Either way Liam will need a referral for a psychologist to help him deal with his feelings. Its a big coupleof weeks. I am feeling positive, and see some closure with some of my worries. I will always have to deal with my ex but at least we will have unpacked some of our issues through FDR.

Hope everyone has a good week. I am off to personal training. Thank god it is cooler - last week we worked out in the 40 degree heat!

mumtoliam
02-08-2011, 04:04 AM
Hi Julia - I am not a morning person either.

Yeah I am addicted a looking at those sites, I got a pamper package last November and will finally get to use it on 26th Feb. It took that long to get a reservation and I rang first week in December. I actually wanted mid week in January.

There is one going at the moment for a high tea for 2 at my favourite cafe in the city includes champagne $65 for 2. I have never done high tea, but I don't want a food reward anymore so it looks like I will be passing. LOL

LittleKiwi
02-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Vanessa Lindeman Island will be awesome! That's something great to look forward to :D

My ex and I broke up in December and because he's got no money he couldn't afford to go anywhere so I've allowed him to stay living with me and my mum at her place. He slept with someone 3 weeks after we split and that broke my heart, we discussed it then and I told him that I couldn't handle living with him if he's going to be dating so he promised he wouldn't.

Well last night he spent the night with a new lady friend so this morning I told him that he needs to move out. He is mad at me and doesn't think it's fair that I kick him out but he needs to know that while he may be ready to move on I'm not ready to see him do it.

It'll be hard for him because he really can't afford to go anywhere but I'm realising that that's not my problem. I need him gone and hopefully he'll find something soon so that I can start healing and move on myself.

Unfortunately it'll likely mean that I'll never see the $1000 that he owes me but that may just have to be the sacrifice that I need to make.

pacman12
02-08-2011, 09:27 PM
The 12s were a bit big actually - bought 3 x size 10 pants tonight! One jeans, one jeggings, one work pants. I am watching Biggest Loser and about to head to the gym for an hour or two.

7senuf
02-09-2011, 12:19 AM
OMG GEN size 10 woohooo BIATCH lol.

Julia, I think its not just the fact that he is doing this around you but doing it in someone elses home fullstop where he has been taken in and givenm a break. why couldnt they have gone to HER place?

It would be a little like a kick in the face :(

LittleKiwi
02-09-2011, 03:54 AM
Von it's amazing, he genuinely thinks I'm being unreasonable. He just doesn't get why he should have to move out just because he's met someone. Honestly!

pacman12
02-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Well more to the point, why on earth should he stay at your mother's if he no longer has a relationship with you (or her)? He should be grateful for the time he's had already!

7senuf
02-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Well more to the point, why on earth should he stay at your mother's if he no longer has a relationship with you (or her)? He should be grateful for the time he's had already!

:cheer3:

LittleKiwi
02-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Exactly right ladies! It boggles my tiny mind that he thinks I'm being unreasonable. Anyway, he says he's started looking so here's hoping he'll be outta there soon.

Last night I had a lovely 2 hour pamper package - foot reflexology, full body massage and a facial. So nice! Tonight it's back into the training and I'm going to attempt an 8km run.

Wish me luck!

pacman12
02-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Just make sure you give him a deadline, so he can't move slowly or drag it out!

Finally my 3 month wait for my appt with GI doc is here tomorrow morning... hoping he can sort out my damn reflux.

Forgot to say - you inspired me Julia and last night at the gym I did a few intervals of walking for 4 mins then jogging for 2-3 mins. I was ready to stop when the clock ticked over, but not out of breath and it wasn't "hard", just my legs got tired. Will have to do more jogging now - can't walk much faster and too scared to increase the incline too much in case I stir up my achilles. I might actually download the couch to 5k thingy - I did it once before but gave up before finishing.. I would love to be able to run 5km. Or even 1km haha. I walk at 6kph (4 mph) and jogged at 8kph (5mph) so pretty slow but wanted to start off slow.

LittleKiwi
02-10-2011, 03:26 AM
Awesome stuff Gen good for you! It's important to start off slow and build your way up - nobody can be expected to run long and fast straight off the bat!

I remember a couple of years ago when I first tried jogging on a treadmill I could only manage about 1 minute at a time. I eventually got up to jogging for an hour and that was an awesome feeling. Then when I started jogging outdoors I felt like I was starting from scratch again, it was so much harder! But once again, I've built up slowly and I'm very proud to say that I jogged 8km tonight!! It took me 65 minutes so not only is it further than I've done before (excluding the one off when I did the half marathon last year) I've also improved my speed because I had been doing 7km in about an hour.

Looking forward to making it up to 10km!

pacman12
02-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Wow - 8km? That seems quick since you restarted, good stuff! I can't imagine ever doing that much!

mumtoliam
02-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Gen - Wow!!! Size 10! What did that feel like? Hopefully you get your reflux situation sorted out soon. The scope down your throat does not sound pleaseant but hopefully you'll get some answers.

Julia - I can't believe your ex... what is thinking? That is just plain rude. Here's hoping he finds something this weekend!

Von - how are you going?

This week has been tiring. I went to PT both sessions this week and the trainer has upped the level of intensity. I am just glad he forgot to give us push ups last night LOL. I love the new boxing routines he is giving us though, it is a good workout and makes the time fly by.

Monday is looming though. I am keeping positive thoughts. I just can't wait to find out what is happening with Liam and custody. Last night we had a dreadful night. He was up wheezing, like clockwork in Feb and Sept, he gets croup. He is at his dad's tonight... I just hope he is okay, I have asked that he ring me in the morning to let me know how he is. It is pretty scary and always starts when you are asleep. I hope his dad wakes if he is croupy again. I have drilled Liam in what to do in case of an emergency though... I hope he doesnt have to resort to that though.

Years ago, I passed out after cutting my hand, I faint at the sight of blood and intense pain. Liam was only 4 and he rang my parents and as my mum was talking Liam through things, I came round. My dad was here within minutes. He is a pretty mature 6, almost 7 year old. Something positive out of being an only child in a single parent family.

I am thinking of doing a challenge walk in March. If the weather is pleasant on Sunday - it may rain, I am going to go off and do a trial around the track.I will check out the times from last year and see if my time will be embarassing LOL Have a great weekend!

mumtoliam
02-11-2011, 07:19 AM
Gen - Wow!!! Size 10! What did that feel like? Hopefully you get your reflux situation sorted out soon. The scope down your throat does not sound pleaseant but hopefully you'll get some answers.

Julia - I can't believe your ex... what is thinking? That is just plain rude. Here's hoping he finds something this weekend!

Von - how are you going?

This week has been tiring. I went to PT both sessions this week and the trainer has upped the level of intensity. I am just glad he forgot to give us push ups last night LOL. I love the new boxing routines he is giving us though, it is a good workout and makes the time fly by.

Monday is looming though. I am keeping positive thoughts. I just can't wait to find out what is happening with Liam and custody. Last night we had a dreadful night. He was up wheezing, like clockwork in Feb and Sept, he gets croup. He is at his dad's tonight... I just hope he is okay, I have asked that he ring me in the morning to let me know how he is. It is pretty scary and always starts when you are asleep. I hope his dad wakes if he is croupy again. I have drilled Liam in what to do in case of an emergency though... I hope he doesnt have to resort to that though.

Years ago, I passed out after cutting my hand, I faint at the sight of blood and intense pain. Liam was only 4 and he rang my parents and as my mum was talking Liam through things, I came round. My dad was here within minutes. He is a pretty mature 6, almost 7 year old. Something positive out of being an only child in a single parent family.

I am thinking of doing a challenge walk in March. If the weather is pleasant on Sunday - it may rain, I am going to go off and do a trial around the track.I will check out the times from last year and see if my time will be embarassing LOL Have a great weekend!

PerthChick
02-11-2011, 06:17 PM
* tiptoes in wearing a wig and dark sunglasses, looks around - phew! nobody recognised me. Has a look around and wonders 'should I stay or sneak back out' *.

I've spent the last hour reading through your posts and feeling very guilty about my disappearing act. I don't even know what happened - except that I gave up on myself for a while there… for quite a while, I guess.

Does it surprise anyone that I have put on a fair bit of the weight I had lost?

Gen I am in awe of where you are at and I am really proud of your determination. Vonni you sound like you have lost a fair bit too, and Julia… an eight mile run? How far behind you all am I?

But I'm here, and for the last four weeks have been back to counting calories and trying to lose weight again. I'm being the usual boring Ani - slow and steady, but this time I want to learn what made me do so well and then stuff it all up.

Four weeks ago I weighed in at 91.6kg and at the moment I am 88.9kg, so I guess that's good progress. It's just so hard to get my head around the fact that I did this once already - and then I stuffed it up.

But I am determined to try. I don't like how I feel, or how I'm back in my 'fat clothes' - and when I saw a photo of me a few weeks ago I definitely did not like how I looked.

My first goal is to lose the first ten pounds (I'm weighing myself in pounds because the numbers drop more quickly :D). I go to Bali again four weeks from now and I really want that first ten pounds to be gone by the time I get on that plane.

I will try, I promise, to not run away again!

pacman12
02-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm very mad at you.

PerthChick
02-11-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm not surprised. But do you want to tell me why, give me a serve?

pacman12
02-12-2011, 01:09 AM
You left us :(

7senuf
02-12-2011, 01:32 AM
SAME. But welcome back Ani. We've missed you.

And don't ever do that again lol

PerthChick
02-12-2011, 04:08 AM
Gen I didn't leave YOU! And while I know I let you down by disappearing, I let myself down a hundred times more - and I am sorry :(

I just caught up with a friend and her new girlfriend. We had lunch (they had Hungry Jacks and I had Subway) but how does this work? One of the women had gastric banding in November last year and she has only lost 0.5kg.

pacman12
02-12-2011, 12:09 PM
a) She's eating Hungry Jacks - the band can't choose what you put in it
b) Some people don't get any restriction from the operation until the swelling goes down when the surgeon does a few fills to get the right amount in there
c) The band pretty much sucks - it makes you chuck up half the time if you eat decent food, so people learn to eat around it with foods that mush up and slide down (like fast food, icecream etc).

One thing I have realized is you can "not lose" or "not lose much" or even "regain" with any weight loss surgery. You are still the one who has to plan your meals and go to the gym.

PerthChick
02-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Gen I asked her if she had counselling before the procedure - she said no. Then I asked her why she had it done, and she said it was because her partner no longer found her attractive.

My housemate is getting it done. He weighs 140kg, has an enlarged fatty liver, enlarged pancreas, elevated blood sugar and high blood pressure. And he eats takeaway at least twice a day.

How do you manage on so few calories?

It's my weigh in tomorrow, and I am hoping for a loss - or at least to not put any weight on! I am off to work shortly so at least I won't have to worry about exercise today…

7senuf
02-12-2011, 08:57 PM
G'morning folks.
Had quite a few busy days and emotional days. One thing I did NOT do was emotional eat. But the worst thing prob was NOT eat. grrrrr kicking myself. I would have liked to lose a little more eight before my man comes back in two weeks time so i am going to work out and walk and eat PROPERLY. may only be a few hundred grams go away but its a start.

pacman12
02-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Oh and I do fine on my calories - 3 (small) meals and 2 snacks a day, focusing on protein. I couldn't fit in more unless I waited and had intermittent snacks. I'll sometimes have a bit more if I'm going to the gym a lot.

PerthChick
02-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Hmmm… lost the grand total of 0.2kg this week.

I suspect I might be retaining a little bit of fluid, but I need to do a little bit better than that.

pacman12
02-13-2011, 09:43 PM
A loss is a loss.

So - what happened to you? Where you been?

mumtoliam
02-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Hi perthchick! Is it Ani? I am Vanessa. Glad you came back. A loss is a loss. Last week I lost 300g. As long as you keep losing. No loss is too small.

I also have not turned to food this weekend. Today was hard, very emotional and nothing feeling totally resolved, we have decided on some decisions about parenting time, but I will not agree to Liam having a passport. I did offer a compromise but my ex did not want to agree on it. As that issue is not resolved he doesnt want to agree to anything, even though we spent 3.5 hours discussing those issues and made compromises. I am going to let him consider this agreement decided on today, and in a week's time have them drawn up as a parenting plan for consent orders. If he doesnt sign. We go back to the drawing board... we started this journey in Sept 2010. It has taken 5 months to get to this stage. I was hoping to have resolution today but if I don't it is only going to stuff him around more. I currently have 100% custody and have been acting on goodwill and good faith and giving him frequent access. I continue to have good will and hope he signs.

I weigh in half hour, I am feeling a loss there too. I wonder how if I will get 1kg this week. Any loss is good but I have tracked and exercised and stuck it out with lots of temptations. Please reward me with a loss. My home scales are still up and down inaccurate, they are a guide but are out. As they are electronic I can't adjust them. Have to save and get some new ones.

mumtoliam
02-14-2011, 04:51 AM
I am sooooooo happy! I have lost 1.3kg!! I need to lose 1.1kg next week and I have reached my 5% off goal! I am sooo focused on my self improvement this year and I feel great.

I wanted to make Valentines Day a bit special for Liam and myself and after WW suggested we go to Baskin Robbins and have an ice cream. I had looked up Cold Rock Ice Creamy and there tiramisu and tia maria ice creams were 17 points, and budgeted for it. When I walked in, Baskin Robbins has soooo many flavours to choose from and when I asked the lady for the nutritional information she suggested I try the caramel low fat ice cream I did and had one scoop. I came home and looked up on the WW e tools and it was 2 points!!!!! I am thinking I can have ice cream out more often! LOL... My problem now is of course I have 21 points left at nearly 8pm! Ummmmm - not going to get them all in tonight... hope I still get to my short term goal next week!!!

LittleKiwi
02-14-2011, 05:08 AM
Ani you're back!! YAYAYAYAYYYY!! I've missed you :hug: don't you bloody go disappearing on us again woman! :nono: I won't give you too much of a bollocking, am just really glad to have you back and pleased to see you making good progress again :D

Well done Vanessa on such a massive loss that's awesome!

I had boot camp tonight and it was the first night of the real thing. Oh my goodness it was SO HARD!! He had us doing all sorts of horrible exercises and damn it hurt! All good though - what doesn't kill me will make me fitter!

PerthChick
02-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi Vanessa - yes I'm Ani. As you've probably gathered I disappeared for a while but I am back now and full of resolve.

Julia!!! You can give me a bollocking - I deserve it.

Just got home from working 1-9pm and happy to report I have finished the day below 1500 calories. I just need to finish this bottle of water and I will have reached THAT goal too.

The air-conditioning doesn't work very well at Bunnings so I am drenched in sweat after working my bum off all evening. Ah Happy Days :dizzy:

PerthChick
02-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Some good news. The book I co-wrote, which went on sale last May, sold out in four months. The publisher reprinted it and it found its way into book stores last week.

In Australian terms that doesn't mean I will be able to give up my day job, but it certainly funds my holidays and a few random things I otherwise couldn't afford! I am 3/4 of the way through my next book, so that's a little bit exciting too.

I am off to Bali again in just under four weeks. Hopefully this time my travelling companions will be a little more fun to be with, and will spend a little less time whinging, speaking down to the Balinese, and drinking buckets of alcohol.

pacman12
02-14-2011, 11:19 PM
That's awesome Ani!

Julia, bootcamp sounds hard but great!!

I hit the gym for 1.5hrs tonight - an hr on the treadmill and 1/2 on the bike. I jogged for 5 minute intervals tonight! I know it sounds pathetic, but that's a long time for me to run! The first time I just didn't look at the time and ran as long as I felt like, looked down and it was 5 mins so then I made that my interval. I actually felt pretty good jogging (8kph), albeit slowly, but I get beetroot face something terrible!

LittleKiwi
02-15-2011, 03:21 AM
Gen 5 minutes is not pathetic, it's awesome!! Don't sell yourself short mate, you're doing reallly well.

Ani congrats on your book that's really great news :D Can I ask what the title is or would you prefer to remain anon? And as for giving you a bollocking, I won't do that. I'm just glad you're back, that's the important thing :D

I did my hill walk tonight and knocked another 2 minutes off the time to get to the top. First time I did it it took 55 mins and tonight it took 43! :carrot:

It'll be a rest day for me tomorrow as I'm working all day and then working in the evening too.

Hope you're all doing well!

mumtoliam
02-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Wow Ani! That's fantastic about the book - what type of book is it?

I'm devastated tonight!!!! I will not turn to food!!! Quick run down - My son has emotional and social issues. I included ex in paedritician appointment today. He came said everything to undermine what I had to say and turned it around to his partner. Together they authored an email and sent it to me.

I feel defeated, I try to include him and I get this treatment plus a threat tonight that he should come over and knock some sense into me with a baseball bat. He hang up after that statement and I ran back to speak to his new wife, I spoke about how we need to work together to help our son and then slipped in did you hear what ex said to me, she turned it around and said..." no vanessa he said Liam should get a baseball bat and knock some sense into you."

I rang the police but feel dammed they will arrest him for intimidation. He wont sign papers. I include him in decisions and he still wants to control me. Doesnt like that he cant have the only say about Liam.

I will phone tomorrow for some support when I sleep on it. I feel so over whelmed!
Vanessa

7senuf
02-15-2011, 10:28 AM
big hugs Vanessa xoxox

PerthChick
02-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Vanessa I'm obviously not familiar with your circumstances but do you have anyone to talk to, or get support from? I don't think it's reasonable to expect you to go through this without some legal/emotional support.

I had another good day yesterday. I ate 1520 calories, drank 2.4L of water and according to my pedometer I walked 8.7km while at work.

It's going to be hideous at work again today. Anyone who has ever worked in retail will understand this: we are stocktaking, it's almost a full moon, and it's 37ºC and humid here.

But I will stick to my goals because I am determined to lose something on the scales this week!

pacman12
02-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Ugh I hate the heat - it has been bloody freezing here this winter and I am going through gas heat like noone's business (not to mention the hot water bottle in my bed every night - love it!) but it's so much better than the heat!!

I do have to go to Orlando, Florida in a couple of weeks - looks like it's been 75-80 deg every day there which sounds better than the 20's here!

Didn't really feel like it but I went to the gym tonight to watch Biggest Loser - 35 mins treadmill (mostly only walking) and 40 mins elliptical. My hips have been getting sore if I pound the treadmill too many days in a row - added in stationary bike last night for a change. I do think I need to add in some weights - just hate it because I can't watch the TV while I'm on the machines!

Ate 1150 cals today - but have to eat stuff I can mush around without chewing due to my fangs! Over a little from usual but given that I have been working out I guess it's ok.

mumtoliam
02-16-2011, 07:34 AM
I have had legal advice. It costs and the only way I can continue paying now is if I sell the house I have been paying off for 5 years. My house is the only security I have. I am continually praying he signs the paperwork. When he does this, I will then pursue the intimadation and harassment. I have my family, but my parents are retired and I can't ask them for money. They give me all the support I need. I have just decided to ignore ex in the short term and try not to let him get to me.

On a happier note, Liam suggested a boyfriend for me... whilst driving home tonight he states rather pleased with himself, Mum you should date Jon BonJovi, he is a good singer and is hunky. LOL I replied, Yeah he is hunky, but I think he is married. What made him say that? LOL

I went to PT last night and stayed on plan. I want my short term goal this Monday...here's hoping I lose 1.1kg this week.

PerthChick
02-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Yesterday was putrid at work. It was 39ºC when I got there at 1pm and the humidity was oppressive. Hopefully today will be better.

I stuck to my goals, and ate around 1600 calories, and drank more than 4 litres of water.

I am about to write ANOTHER letter to the council, because the workmen across the road have started their machines at 6.40am. Great way to wake up after a really hot night and barely any sleep.

LittleKiwi
02-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Ugh Ani that sounds dreadful! Thinking of that makes me very happy to have a job sitting in an air conditioned office :D

Vanessa I'm sorry to hear that you're going through such a rough time :( bloody men suck sometimes don't they!! Good on you for staying on plan though - you're doing well at the stuff you can control :hug:

As for me, I had a "rest day" yesterday because I worked 2 shifts back to back - normal job in the day and then 4 hours at Nitro Circus which was awesome. Those guys are nuts!

Back into it today and going for a hill walk with a friend after work. I've decided to start following weight watchers again so that's my plan for the weekend - get all the books out and do some planning and shopping.

pacman12
02-16-2011, 10:20 PM
I got to 80.2 on Monday, so close to the 70s! Then I went to 80.4 Tuesday, and 80.7 today! I have been to the gym every night and done cardio for 1-1.5hrs! Bloody scales. It does happen to me sometimes that I stay around the same then drop a bit, but I want under 79.9, dammit!!!

LittleKiwi
02-17-2011, 05:23 AM
Look how far you've come already though Gen ... you're on fire! You'll get there soon enough :D

I did my hill walk again tonight. My god, my calves, quads, hips and butt were feeling it tonight!

Came home and had a couple of glasses of wine and with that dutch courage, sent an email to a cute guy on a dating site. !!! Doing that has made me realise how messed up my living situation is - not only am I 32 and living with my mother, I'm also living with my ex!! If I do meet someone and have to tell them that I would fully expect them to run like ****.

Hopefully the ex finds somewhere else to go SOON. Still not ideal that I live with my mum but that's a means to an end and not the end of the world really.

pacman12
02-17-2011, 06:40 AM
Thanks Julia. Listen after how he behaved, give him a date and get rid of him! Where he goes is his problem, he's a big boy.

LittleKiwi
02-17-2011, 05:17 PM
I know you're right Gen but I'm so bloody soft. If I did kick him out he'd literally be living in his car and I just can't do that. Not because it's him but I couldn't do that to anyone.

I've been asked to go away for work for the next week so that will be good. Housesitting for a week after that too so at least I'll get some space in the immediate future.

PerthChick
02-17-2011, 07:02 PM
It won't be long Gen, it's very exciting to see you so close to leaving the 80s :carrot:. That's an awesome achievement.

Julia I have lived with an ex for a while, many years ago, and I understand why you feel you can't throw him out. It isn't easy though.

I had an OK day yesterday but I must say I am REALLY happy my working week is over and I won't have evening shift for another three weeks. The heat, the hours, the humidity were all hideous this week - and I'm not sure if I will lose much weight because I know my body is trying to hang on to whatever water it can right now.

Next week I work from 6.30am to 3.30pm, and it is meant to be around 33ºC all week - so that will be more pleasant, plus I will be able to have a more 'normal' eating/sleeping routine.

Vanessa how are you travelling?

pacman12
02-17-2011, 10:43 PM
One of the cardiac surgeons walked by me today and said (in his south american accent!) - "Genevieve, you continue to lose weight. If you don't stop soon, you disappear!" and made a "poof" gesture. Heh. It was cute.

On a less cheery note...

It is coming up to my birthday in a couple of weeks, and it couldn't seem more wrong that the woman who gave birth to me isn't in the world anymore. I really ****ing miss my mum.

mumtoliam
02-18-2011, 07:06 AM
Hugs Gen! I would be lost without my parents. They had to come to my rescue today! I have been soooo distracted this week, and on Tuesday after all my ex's ranting and raving I left my ATM card in the Atm machine with my PIN and account open. I only discovered it today when I went to fill up my car with petrol and noticed I had no card to pay with. I rang my dad to come and pay it for me. When I rang the bank to cancel I remembered I last had it to deposit money in the bank ATM on Tuesday. The next man withdrew some of my funds. I have made a case to the bank manager and hopefully will have my funds returned to the account plus they will have the man on video footage. I feel such a stupid twit. I need to clear my mind.

I have truly learnt a lesson. But I have no withdrawal card for 7 days! I promised to take my son out this weekend, plus I have my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary on Sunday. I am helping to cater... guess who has asked their parents to come to the rescue again! Wish I didnt have to, but sooooo appreciative that I still have them.

I am focused, determined to get my short term goal. Nothing is gonna kick me completely down!

mumtoliam
02-19-2011, 05:33 PM
I am starting to worry I am not going to have lost 1.1kg this weigh in... I am sooo close, yesterday was a shocker! It was sooooo hot and drank and drank and drank water, but today I feel sooooo bloated! I even heard my belly swish when I went to bed last night.

Today is the big 60th wedding anniversary - I am excited! I hope it is cooler. Whatever the scales say tomorrow is a loss, would be lover- ly if I made short term goal though!

pacman12
02-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Haha isn't it a funny feeling when you feel that liquid swish inside? Heh.

I just got home from the gym, and ta-da! I jogged for 15 mins straight! At 8kph! I was doing intervals, and then I got to 45 mins and started jogging. A song with a great beat came on that I could run to, and I just kept going... I put that song on repeat and ran through it about 5 times, then I was *almost* to 15mins running so kept going til I did it. For me, that's awesome! I couldn't tell you the last time I ran 2km straight!

Who knows, maybe some day I WILL be able to run for an hour!?

Now I am thinking of chicken breast and some veggies for dinner. I even studied this morning, and will get back to it after dinner. Plan to get to bed by 11pm and get at least 10hrs sleep since I only ever sleep 5-6hrs during the week. Plan for the rest of the weekend - study tomorrow, pack up some stuff for Goodwill, get to the gym.

pacman12
02-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Vanessa have a lovely time at the anniversary!

I'm living in the 70s... got that song in my head now!

PerthChick
02-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Woo Hoo Gen :carrot:. That's awesome.

Myst admit I went a little off-plan over the weekend, so I'm not going to weigh myself this morning. There's not much point when I know I am retaining fluid, so I will just jump back on the wagon this morning and make sure I have a better week.

I learned an important lesson though. For the first three days of last week I didn't eat enough, and it caught up with me. No matter what, I have to remember that I am working a physical job and I have to find the balance - and have to eat enough to fuel me for the work I do!

It is three weeks today until I go to Bali - not that I'm counting or anything :dizzy:

7senuf
02-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Ani I am sure u can find room for me in yr suitcase yeah?

Gen I can't go any faster than setting number 5 on the treadmill at the gym - i get shin splints really badly, so well done on yr 15 min jog

Vanessa Hope the anniversary is awesome and what a bummer about yr atm card and money :(

Hill walk Julia? wow oh wow, i am flat out even doing a flat walk lol

7senuf
02-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Oh - and breakfast today - 2 cups of mixed diced fruit and 3 tablespoons of vanilla yoghurt. 3 cups of water already and a coffee.

Have been on my ab circle pro for 5 minutes this morning also. I got it a couple mths ago but havent been using it.

pacman12
02-20-2011, 10:38 PM
OK my old lady hips do NOT like it when I run.. especially 2 days in a row! I am half crippled and putting dencorub (or local equivalent) on my poor old hips. Will whine all day tomorrow walking around hospital to my coworkers... haha.

Ani - I'm jealous! I don't think I'll be able to have a vacation until I graduate next April! I would love to go back to Bali.. maybe someday. At least I get to go to Florida in a couple weeks to turn 36 somewhere warm!

LittleKiwi
02-21-2011, 03:18 AM
Sounds like everyone is doing really well. Congrats Gen for getting under 80 that's awesome!

I have decided that starting weight watchers this week is just too hard basket - I'm away from home and staying in a hotel that has no kitchen facilities so I'll just try my best to eat well off the restaurant menu.

Went to go for a run tonight but just couldn't get into a rhythym and only did about 25 minutes with a few walking breaks along the way which stretched it out to 40 minutes. I think it's maybe because it's hot here and I don't know the place so wasn't able to run with a route in mind.

PerthChick
02-21-2011, 05:39 PM
I think this is the 90th consecutive day where the temperature in Perth is above 30ºC, and it's going to be 37ºC. I have never been through a summer like this in all my life; it is oppressive, hot, unbearable - and it's crazy that I am looking forward to the cooler weather in Bali.

I have no idea how much water to drink. I spend most of the day lathered in sweat (because our air conditioner barely works), and with my clothes stuck to me.

I went over my calories by about 400 yesterday - lack of planning, and too tired to spend much time in the kitchen. It's going to be around 36ºC for the next three days, so I'm just going to try and muddle through this week and hope that I don't melt!

pacman12
02-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Is now the time to tell you it's snowing here today? Sending chilly vibes your way! Currently entertaining myself watching all the cars spinning their wheels and sliding all over the road in front of my house.. I'm evil!

PerthChick
02-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Julia!
Just say you're ok!

LittleKiwi
02-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Oh my god I am freaking the F**K out. I'm in Blenheim so missed the earthquake myself but I'm watching it on the news and my city is in ruins :(

I've spoken to my mum and my ex and they're fine. Have gotten messages from most friends and just keeping the faith that everyone will be ok.

It's so hard not being there, I wish I was home so that I coulddo something. I don't know what but I hate that I'm not there. I just can't believe the footage. My city is a warzone.

pacman12
02-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Oh no! Glad you're ok Julia!

LittleKiwi
02-22-2011, 01:29 AM
The PM has just announced 65 dead so far. There are many buildings that have collapsed and at least one of those is on fire so that death toll is going to rise dramatically as it's highly likely that there are lots of people trapped in the rubble.

I feel so powerless watching it all on tv but I guess at least I have the news here - they have no power at home so won't be getting info as up to date as what I'm getting.

It's just killing me not being there.

PerthChick
02-22-2011, 04:10 AM
I've been checking my iPhone all day for news updates and I'm feeling really, really sad.

Very relieved that you are OK Julia, but what a terrible tragedy. Stay safe :hug:

7senuf
02-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Hope you are ok mentally Julia. I know I spoke to u on FB but as the days pass the enormity will hit. Much love n hugs xo

As for me folks, i had recently started back on a light exercise plan only to ruin it today by going to work and damaging my rotator cuff.

I refused to take time off as i can not afford to, so doc has put me on pre n post op duties only. If he sees me so much as even push a wheelchair or take a bedhead off or reach up the iv pole he has threatened to put me behind a desk for a month.

SO i guess no upper body work out for me. will still treadmill and do lower weights. can't do abs either though and thats the bit i wanted to get stuck right into grrr

So in the middle of writing up a diet plan so i dont put on what i have lost through lack of movement.

Hope all are doing ok mwa xo

pacman12
02-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Oh bum, Von! I had an ongoing shoulder/supraspinatus bursitis issue with my shoulder and it's such a pain - can't put a bra on, can't do anything without one arm! Take it easy. And if you can't help using it, put it in a sling so you don't! I was able to get cortisone shot into mine, it helped IMMEDIATELY, felt great (but mine was inflammation due to repetitive use).

Julia, I hope things are ok for your friends and family. Just heartbreaking about your city.

LittleKiwi
02-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I hate that I'm not there but I know there's no point in me rushing home. The power is back on but there's no water, toilets not working etc and the city is apparently in ruins. My office has been destroyed and all the calls have been diverted to here so we've had a busy day with people trying to get in and out of Christchurch.

It's looking like I may be staying here in Blenheim through the weekend and into next week as this office will continue to take all enquiries on behalf of Christchurch.

I miss my Christchurch :(

7senuf
02-23-2011, 05:09 AM
haha Gen i avoided using big words on here . When doc told me "supraspinatus" i said supraWHAT? lol. Yeah its a pain literally. so effing painful and i usually have a high tolerance for pain. panadeine forte not touching it and brufen just takes edge off. I have tried avoiding using it but so hard when yr the only one to do anything at home. Stupid me drove this morning. BIG mistake. now I have neck pain, upper back pain right across, and lower back pain on the same side as shoulder.

I made myself a collar and cuff sling to wear around. Geeze though, not using that arm, i feel like i am going to stuff my left one by overusing it lol.

Doc said if not feeling better in a week he will get an ultrasound done to make sure there isnt more damage. The way the pain is increasing rather than decreasing though doesnt seem optimistic.

The physio Bec at work strapped it for me before i even saw the doc. and is going to redo it tomorrow and a bit of ultrasound.

Julia you are in the right place. Just be there in spirit for yr family and friends

Ani i want to come :/

mumtoliam
02-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Gosh Julia - my thoughts are with you and your family! I have been watching the tv and it is just so devastating!

I didnt lose or gain last week. My thighs have been killing! I did so many lunges last Thursday and when I knelt down to mark a child's work my whole leg gave out. Tonight I played baseball with the parent's of Liam's teammates. As I ran to 1st base, my hamstrings pulled really tight and I could barely walk around the bases. 1st innings I got tagged, 2nd bat walked all of the bases without getting out.

One of my friends rang and told me she has Whooping Cough - we were at her house for dinner Saturday night. She was coughing then. So I took myself off to the doctors after baseball, it will take 2 days to see if I need to be more concerned. While we were there, the doctor looked at 2 moles on Liam's scalp and froze them off. Poor munchkin - we weren't expecting that. But better safe than sorry.

I havent been too focussed this week. I am penny pinching I still have $30 in my wallet and no sign of any ATM cards, it will be Saturday before I can get to a bank to withdraw cash inside the bank... I hope my ATM card comes tomorrow, I miss fresh fruit and vegetables!!!

pacman12
02-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Von, try icing it in the meantime. Also try another NSAID if ibuprofen isn't helping - sometimes a diff one helps a bit more. Otherwise what about some nurofen plus? I think I had to get mersyndol forte from memory - but obviously can't do that if you're working heh. I did end up getting it managed by the physio and the ortho doc at the physio clinic did the cortisone shot.

Once this has settled, might help if you have the same issue I did to get one of those stretchy bands and do your shoulder exercises.. nursing is hard on the shoulders. I have not had one flare up of mine since I quit the bedside.

PerthChick
02-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Julia I am thankful that you weren't in your office. It's just devastating to see what happened in Christchurch in 45 seconds, and the lives that have been lost, hurt, changed… I am so glad that you're OK (at least physically).

mumtoliam
02-24-2011, 03:58 AM
Great photo Gen!!! You're looking great!!!!

Julia - any more news? How are things?

PerthChick
02-24-2011, 05:22 AM
Gen that's an excellent photo, and it shows just how much difference there is - woo hoo!

amouse
02-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Hey guys long time no post.. hahaha.. well my running off and hiding has resulted in me gaining.. so.. after the ck disaster where i was plateued for over 18months i have now regained some and have started weight watchers. i LOve the concept and lost 4 kilos in the first week :) wooohoo.. me!! lol

lots has changed for me since i last posted as im sure it has for you .. there is only half of gen left i see. lol well done girl... :)

hiya ani :)

hiya to the new guys.... im an old chook from round the ausie chick pen lol

anyway will catch up more later just thought i'd poke my nose in a say hi :)

pacman12
02-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Had my upper gi endoscopy last night - meant to be in the arvo but had to hang around for aaages. Once I went in it was fast - was out in 25 mins to recovery and didn't know a thing in between once she said she was going to give me the sleep medicine. He said esophagus didn't look too bad but he took a biopsy so will get back to me in a few days with results and should be able to prescribe the nexium then if we have proof of reflux damage. Tiiiired now though.. need motivation to get ready for work!

PerthChick
02-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Hey Amy, good to hear from you. I've been away too and have gained weight. But I am back on the wagon.
Gen I take nexium for oesophagitus, such fun.
Julia how are things?

7senuf
02-25-2011, 07:44 PM
doc just gave me nexium too lol.
Thanks for advice Gen. I took some nurofen plus last night - and 2 glasses of wine and a phenergan lol. slept llike crap and found myself sleep eating. What's with that? lol

Doc ended up putting me on compo for a week. grrrr.

had some physio yesterday and she also strapped across my back to stop me hunching. Feeling better this morning. Re-strapping on monday and more ultrasound.

Hi Amy. welcome back - even though i see u round facebook lol

Vanessa I hope yr ok for whooping cough. My work tried getting me to have the injection yesterday but i declined lol I am a sook

pacman12
02-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Well they sell losec generic OTC here, and nexium costs 10x more so need to get biopsy back saying there is some damage from reflux esophagitis before they will reimburse! Why do you two have nexium?

PerthChick
02-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Because my endoscopy showed severe refractory ulcerative oesophagitis!

Perth weather:

Today - 38ºC with 88% humidity.
Sunday - 39ºC
Monday - 38ºC
Tuesday - 37ºC
Wednesday - 38ºC
Thursday - 39ºC
Friday - 39ºC.

This is ridiculous - I am moving to Sweden.

PerthChick
02-25-2011, 11:40 PM
Don't tease me! I'm sitting almost on top of the fan, lathered in perspiration, and dreaming of moving to Tasmania.

This is (sofar) the second longest hot spell on record in Perth, and it's showing no sign of abating.

LittleKiwi
02-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Haven't had time to read any of your posts so hope everyone is well. I'm still working in Blenheim and have never been so stressed in my entire life. The 3 of us in this office have bn answering all of the phone calls from both Blenheim and Christchurch, phone has been ringing off the hook constantly for days and I'm beginning to feel like a zombie.

Hopefully I'll be going home this weekend so that I can see my friends and family then it looks like I will be needed back up here to help out again next week.

7senuf
03-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Hi guys, I am not ignoring you all, hve read all posts. But man is here for a week or so, so spending time before he has to leave again :( Travelling pretty good diet wise, not so good exercise of cause. Diet is easy cause Dave is pretty health concious. he was over 140kg and dropped to 90. mind u he is a bit craky cause he has put on a little tummy weight since staying with his folks. mum meals are just to carb laden he says haha. No he isnt a mummies boy, just there to take care of his father until his mother retires next year. so long distance for quite a while but so far so good. he's pretty awesome.

catch u guys all soon xox

mumtoliam
03-02-2011, 08:23 AM
:( I know I posted on Sunday - drats it must have gone into the internet never never...

I've been thinking of Julia... its sound and looks chaotic! I hope your family and friends are safe!

I had a bad fortnight and gained 800g... I was soooo wanting 5% off this week but sabotaged myself all last week. I started back sabotaging and today kicked myself, "forgot" my lunch again, walked up to the shops was tempted by the bakery's new lamb shank pie, and walked into the IGA and bought 2 yogurt's (1 for tomorrow) 3 oranges, salada multigrain biscuits and tomatoes. I have enough food in my drawer not to sabotage myself again at work. I also cooked two nights in a row. Son complained about the food, so I gave him the WW cookbooks and he choose 3 meals - guess what the rest of our menus this week. I know I can do this when I plan, so I will be hoping for 5% again in two weeks time...

Hope everyone else has been good...

7senuf
03-04-2011, 10:17 AM
:bday2you:

Happy Birthday Gen

mumtoliam
03-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Happy Birthday Gen!!! Hope you are totally spoilt!!!!

PerthChick
03-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Happy birthday from me too Gen! I know it will be bittersweet, and I want you to know I am thinking of you :hug:

LittleKiwi
03-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Happy Birthday Gen hope it's a great one.

I spent the weekend back home in Christchurch and it was not fun. Ended up with what I assume was some sort of gastro bug and spent Saturday vomiting. Passed out 3 times and the first time I passed out I managed to chomp down on my bottom lip so hard that it's still numb.

I wasn't sick yesterday so came back to Blenheim today. Feeling very tired and drained but not sick so that's good.

pacman12
03-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks ladies. I was in Florida for a conference and a friend was meant to be coming over but her car broke down so I was in bed early. Missing my mum. Can't believe I am 36 - how depressing! Was good to see a lot of people I haven't seen for a while at the conference - everyone told me I look great. And ****, I do. Hah!

7senuf
03-07-2011, 12:35 AM
down to 67.5 WOHOOO

mumtoliam
03-07-2011, 04:23 AM
I am jumping up and down!!!! I went to WW tonight and I lost 2.3kg this week, but more importantly made my 5% goal. I have 6kg to go to get to my 10%. I am not putting a time frame down, just hope I keep losing each week. Eventually I will get there.

PerthChick
03-07-2011, 09:14 AM
WOW! Everyone is doing really well - except me at the moment. I'm too distracted because we are having a few family issues that are quite sad, and I am off to Bali in six more sleeps.

Julia it's good to hear from you. Sounds like you have been through a shocker. How are you travelling at the moment?

LittleKiwi
03-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Everyone is doing so well, good on you all!

Ani I'm not doing too good. Feeling very depressed at the moment and being away from home doesn't help. I just want to crawl into bed and sleep for a week and not have to deal with anything. They're saying that 10,000 homes will have to be demolished and up to 9,000 people may well lose their jobs. I spoke to a friend yesterday who had just had a close friend identified as one of the dead. It's just hideous.

mumtoliam
03-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Gosh Julia! That is heart breaking to hear. How can people rebuild their lives when they are facing unemployment too. What is the government doing to help?

I hope Mother Nature has let out her wrath and we dont see any more natural disaster headlines.

I am still focused. Enjoying my workouts. Watching my diet. Hoping to see more losses this week coming. Its my son's birthday next week and my ex, his new wife, my son and myself will all have dinner together next Tuesday... I am starting to feel the dread but am showing excitement for my son. Life goes on...

LittleKiwi
03-08-2011, 08:37 PM
It's impossible to know what's going to happen and what the government is going to do, it's just too early to tell at this stage. There's talk of whole suburbs having to be abandoned which is very sad.

I managed to force myself to go for a walk last night and that made me feel a bit better. Will try to do the same tonight.

LittleKiwi
03-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Still feeling low but the depression is starting to lift which is a relief. Last night I did some exercise. 10 minutes running/5 minutes walking did that twice and then 20 minutes running/10 minutes walking. Feels good to be doing some exercise again so I will try and keep it up.

7senuf
03-11-2011, 06:45 PM
woke up this morning so puffy. I am sure I am retaining fluid. grrr.

mumtoliam
03-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Going out tonight... haven't eaten much all day. There is 2 hours to go before dinner. I am trying to stop myself from eating the whole packet of rice crackers... yep typing sure stops it! LOL

pacman12
03-13-2011, 01:09 PM
(It's Gen - had an issue with my username so had to pick something else random)

I passed 40kg lost and kept marching this week - now at 76kg and BMI is at 27. Less than 6kg to go until "normal weight" and BMI <25. I haven't been bothered tracking my calories this week and haven't made it to the gym with all my freaking schoolwork and being on call, but it seems to be going ok.

Fit into my 11 year old, size 11 jeans (that are smaller than my new size 10s!) that I wore when I was last "thin" - so that felt good. Although I am a whole lot more saggy and jiggly than last time I was in em!

Went to the gym tonight and ran continuously for 1.5 miles (17 minutes)!!!!!!!! I looked like a tomato for an hour afterwards, but it was very satisfying!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

7senuf
03-14-2011, 12:42 AM
KELLY WYLIE If you are lurking about could you PLEASE contact me ASAP. My mobile phone shat itself and I lost all numbers. Was going to come visit you now the roads have opened up but don't want to risk the drive and find you not home.

LittleKiwi
03-14-2011, 01:00 AM
OMG Gen you are doing so amazingly well you go girl!!

This week I am going to get back on track. These are my goals:

1) Go shopping after work tonight and buy food so that I can make myself some delicious salads for work lunches
2) Stick to my training program for the week which is:

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 35 mins jogging
Wednesday: 10 min jog/10 min fast walk/10 min jog
Thursday: 35 mins jogging
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 25 min jog/20 min fast walk/25 min jog
Sunday: 30 min jogging

Off to the greengrocer now!

LittleKiwi
03-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Did my run last night, 35 minutes as per my training schedule so that was good. I've got my gear for tonight too.

Where is everyone?

pacman12
03-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Evidence I have collarbones!
Good on you Julia - 35 mins running is amazing!! I did half that and I was dying. Heh.

7senuf
03-17-2011, 02:42 AM
Gen your collarbones and boobs look great lol.

Well done Julia on the exercise.

Finally got onto Kel. Amy was a godsend and found her number for me. All is well with her. Was going to drive and see her today but damn review for shoulder had to be done and a back to work plan. grrrrr

mumtoliam
03-17-2011, 03:54 AM
I am still around - work is getting busy - only 5 more working days then I am on Long Service Leave and don't go back to work until 27th April. Can't wait.

7senuf
03-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Lucky you vanessa. I am still waiting to GET back to work after this shoulder and I miss it :(

Well according to my scales y/day i am now 65.7kg however waiting till the end of the week to get true reading. WOOHOO

PerthChick
03-18-2011, 01:45 AM
I am in Bali, having a ball. Paying no attention to what I eat - and I'll pay for that when I get back, but just wanted to pop in and say hello.

7senuf
03-19-2011, 04:46 AM
Hi Ani, glad yr having a great time. I see u never snuck me in yr suitcase :p

pacman12
03-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Von you skinny little thing - that is great!

Vanessa, I am jealous. I need time off! I can't believe I couldn't wait to get back when I had all that time off last year.. now I am stressed to the max and need a rest haha! Have a final on Tuesday and NOT ready!! Never said this in my life and meant it, but I truly just want to pass and get this over with!! I am going to get my first B but at this point I don't care too much, just sick of this term.

Have had the never ending TTOTM this week, so far a week and still going, no idea what is going on there but have had enough of it now thanks mother nature!!

I am so productive around the house when I need to study - yesterday did all my laundry, went shopping, went for 2 walks, got an oil change and got my car inspection done. All instead of studying! Ugh, I'm an idiot.

75.7kg today...not much movement this week but given the hormonal issues, I'll take it.

LittleKiwi
03-21-2011, 03:10 AM
I'm sneaking back in to admit that I've totally lost the plot :(

Only exercised once last week, have been drinking wine every night and have been eating rubbish. Life is just so strange post earthquake, I can't get into a routine with anything. I'm feeling depressed and just not able to do anything positive at the moment.

Tomorrow I go south for work for the rest of the week so that means restaurant meals. I will pack my sports gear and try to at least go for a walk after work.

mumtoliam
03-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Julia - you have been through so much. And I believe there was another earthquake last night. Its gonna take time for you to feel back to yourself. Keep up the exercise even if its only for 10-15 minutes, it will help release endorphins which will help you get out of that depression. Packing your sports gear is great! Eating out is hard, but stick to the healthier options, you will get back into the rhythmn of it all.

Wow Von! What is your goal weight?

Gen - eeek! Good luck with your exam on Tuesday!

Wow Ani - Bali - sound divine!

I lost 900g last week, I am pleased with that. We had lots of celebrating and I over ate on several occasions.

This week I have planned, prepared and will have a positive outlook.

I made Creamy Broccoli soup last night and froze 3 portions, I will have one for lunch on Tuesday. I also made Chicken, Tortellini and vegetable soup and froze three portions, I had one today for lunch - yummy!

Tonight for dinner I had Ham, Asparagus, Feta and Tomato Quiche and will have have more for dinner tomorrow night. Tuesday night I have PT and Liam has AFL training so it is hard to cook in the hour between the two.

I am hoping the preparation will pay off.

Work is so hectic - why can't there be balance - when my personal life is good, work is not! I have three days left before my long service leave starts and well...I think I should spend the next 72 hours there. I am expecting a "conversation" tomorrow, my son has swimming lessons as 5:30pm, and I went to leave at 5pm, that was cutting it fine to get him there, and my boss wanted something done before I left, we have a school education director visit tomorrow. Well I did it but it is a skeleton overview and not my best work, as it is, I left work at 5:40pm, met my son at the pool at 6pm. My father took him. He swam 25m freestyle - the first time ever. He also went up a swimming group, and I missed it.

I then went to my WW meeting feeling down, but i feel the glass is half full. I got my meals cooked, it meant that I ate at 8pm. We usually eat at 6pm. I didnt spend any time this afternoon with my son. I feel working mummy guilt. 3 days of face to face teaching - even though I am on long service leave I am attending a conference next Tues and Wed... work related. Not having to go to work for a month is a fantastic feeling. Hope tomorrow is okay.

Catch you all later.

mumtoliam
03-23-2011, 07:56 AM
How do you cope with toxic people?

Grrrr - My toxic person is my mum - I have lost 7.2kg, my clothes are loose on me, people at work are commenting how my face has slimmed down and one of my colleagues grabbed the staff photo off the wall and compared it to how I look now, I happened to be wearing the same outfit that day.

Well - tonight my mother says to me - "Have you put more weight on? You look like you have piled on the kilos again." "How much do you weigh?" Are you over a 150 kgs?

I dont answer her. I know that if I answer her I am dammed if I do and dammed if I dont. Its her comments that drive me to eat! If she thinks those comments are going to make me feel motivated to lose weight...

She hasnt said anything positive to me, my seven year old pipes up... " she lost 5.2kgs this week, so be quiet!" I smiled at him. I think he has watched too much The Biggest Loser. But her saying it in front of my 7yo is annoying me too.

I would sever all ties, but she helps me with before and after school care. So, I will continue to bite my tongue, but one day...

pacman12
03-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Julia, I'm sorry you're feeling like crap. I agree though that exercise seems to be your thing and when that's happening you seem to feel better so do see if you can get out just for a little walk at least.

Vanessa, I know my mother had my best interests at health regarding weight, but she used to constantly say things that I found hurtful about weight. I think when you're overweight, you're already so sensitive about it (it's not like we don't know we're fat, thanks for letting me know, dummy!) that anything is hard to accept as constructive. I mean, if I said I had a sore toe she would tell me that it was carrying all that weight that did it etc.

In the end I just said to my mother, listen I know you mean well, but I don't find it helpful when you comment on my weight. I know what I need to do, and I will do it when I'm ready, but in the meantime I just find your input upsets me, please don't mention it again. It seemed to help.

Even if you mum helps with childcare, you're both adults, I obviously don't know what she's like and maybe it wouldn't help but something to consider.

Now me:
- somehow, god knows how because my study was - shall we say - minimal, I got 97.5% on my final exam. Don't know how as it didn't seem any better or worse than the other 3 exams I got sucky grades on. Oh well, I'll take it.

-weighed in at 74.9kg today. Lowest I can remember as an adult about 11 years ago was 74 so that is pretty cool.

mumtoliam
03-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Gen - What a fantastic week you have had a great score on your finals and weighing your lowest ever!

I am on Long service leave and I am hoping tomorrow's weighin is a loss, but I am struggling with being able to non-stop go and check out the fridge and cupboard. I like routine.

But I am enjoying just veging out - on Friday, I took my son to school and watched the Harmony Day parade and watched Liam's poppy help him with his school work. I love card making and I have pulled out all my stamps and made 16 cards in 2 days, some male birthdays, female birthdays and kids birthdays, and a thank you card. Yesterday I went and watched The Kings Speech - excellent movie. And today I am just enjoying the leisurely pace of it all, no Mondayitis starting to overwhelm me.

Hope you all have been well,

LittleKiwi
03-27-2011, 02:40 AM
Sounds like you're on fire Gen! Good for you, it must be a great feeling :D

Vanessa that's really sad that your mum is like that. All I can think of is to maybe call her on it. Do you think confronting her about her behaviour would help?

I'm slowly getting back on track. Was housesitting a dog over the weekend and walked it twice. I'm back there looking after the dog from 11 April until the end of June so will have to walk it every day which will help me get off my fat butt!

Bootcamp starts back up tomorrow - it hasn't been on since the earthquake - and I'm looking forward to that. Being on a Monday it is a positive start to my week and makes me more likely to get out and do stuff for the rest of the week.

Did some grocery shopping today and have made my lunch to take to work tomorrow including a couple of healthy snacks.

Here's hoping I can finally get back on track properly.

LittleKiwi
03-28-2011, 02:28 AM
Well today at work we were called into a meeting and told that of the 12 of us in my office, half of us will lose our jobs. 2 positions have been disestablished and the other 10 of us will have to compete for 6 positions.

I am not boot-camping tonight, I am sitting on my fat arse and drinking vodka. Chocolate will probably follow.

:(

mumtoliam
03-28-2011, 02:49 AM
How devastating! Try and get back to boot camp - you will feel better for it.

LittleKiwi
04-02-2011, 02:54 AM
The ex had still been living at mum's place. I went home unexpectedly in the middle of the day on Thursday and he was in bed with a woman. Thankfully they were both asleep and fully clothed because I couldn't have handled the alternative.

I told him to get out right away and he has found a place and was due to move out on Tuesday next week. Last night I flipped my lid and a whole bunch of circumstances led to me packing all of his stuff and dumping it outside. He's now gone and while I know this is for the best, I know that he's treated me like crap for so long, it hurts so much. Now it's all totally final my heart is breaking all over again :(

mumtoliam
04-02-2011, 08:01 AM
For as hard as it may seem at this moment - for every darkest night, they is a brighter day just around the corner. You have been through a lot in such a short space of time. Do something special for you, go out with the girls, plan something special, a dinner, a pedicure... I hope your spirits get lifted.

I am getting ready to fly out in the morning. We are off to Lindeman Island via Hamilton Is... I believe its gonna rain for the entire week I am away. But I am sure the sun will come out some of the time we are there... I am an optimist. I am just looking forward to getting away from it all. See you all in a week.

7senuf
04-02-2011, 09:25 AM
flew to melbourne. flew back. great time, will read and post tomorrow

LittleKiwi
04-03-2011, 03:29 AM
I went and got my hair done, got a massage and talked a whole lot to a bunch of people and am feeling a bit better now. It'll just take time.

Am going to try to get back to looking after myself properly now and as tomorrow is Monday that means it's time to get back to bootcamp. God help me!

PerthChick
04-04-2011, 04:46 AM
I'm back from Bali, and am as sick as a dog. I am getting checked for Dengue Fever, hepatitis and who knows what else - but not feeling great.

And now I have to go to NSW on Friday, spend a week packing up my mum's house and putting her in aged care. I cannot even begin to say how horrible that feels - but it was her decision, so I guess that's something.

Don't know what I weigh, my stomach is too distended and I am pretty dehydrated… so I have no idea.

I'll pop in when I can, but the next couple of weeks are going to be hard. I have been reading everything, just feel a bit too sick to say much - but wanted to catch up with you all.

LittleKiwi
04-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Oh cripes Ani I'm so sorry to hear all of that :( I hope you get better soon and I definitely hope you have someone to support you through the stuff with your mum. Please do pop in and let us know how you're getting on.

Today was day 1 for me. Day 1 of getting on with my life, of treating myself better and of doing things that are good for me. That meant going to bootcamp tonight and DAMN it was hard! Daylight savings ended yesterday so it was dark and it's also pouring with rain so we were grovelling around under the trees in the park getting drenched and covered in pine needles and dirt!

I'm so pleased that I went though and it's made a really positive start to the week. Tomorrow I'm going out for dinner with a friend but I'll have an hour and a half at least between work and dinner so I'll go for a wee jog in that time.

Next Monday I start 2 1/2 months housesitting and looking after a big hairy dog so I'll have to exercise him every day and that will be good for me.

pacman12
04-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Julia - what an a-hole!

Ani - sorry you're ill and about your mum. Hopefully though you can worry a little less once she's somewhere she can be supervised, especially if it was her idea.

Me -
- in the middle of crazy busy 5 weeks with 36 hrs clinical then 36 hrs of work per week.. sucks to be me!
- roommate backed out of new place, 2 weeks before we were meant to move in.
- decided to move in anyhow since i like the place
- ran into doc at work who lives there and said walls are thin, noise from neighbours is terrible, and a 3am train likes blowing its whistle every night...
- Oh and had a car accident 2 weeks ago when kid ran into me on the way home from work and totally jacked up one whole side of my car. Sucks to be me.

F'ing sucks to be me!

On the good news front (yes, there's some..!)
- clinicals are going well and I already have a job offer for after graduation next April
- I am wearing size 8 work pants
- I have 2 pairs of size 6 jeans
- I am 73.8kg - have lost 43.9kg..has slowed but still going
- Ran 30 mins the other night!!!!!!!!!!!

mumtoliam
04-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Julia - I am glad you took some time out for yourself... every step you take is moving forward, it is hard wearing on your shoes sometimes though... glad you are also back at boot camp... it sounds tough!

Gen - hope the new place turns out better than what the doc said... have you noticed the noise? Yeah on the size 6 jeans!!!

Ani - my thoughts are with you when you are with your mum, it is a hard time, one of my friends had to fly to VIC last year to move her mum into a nursing home, it is very hard, but at least your mum decided and you didnt have to make that decision.

I am back from a fantastic week. Club Med was so very relaxing, it is a 3 star resort and does need an upgrade but I loved not having to spend a cent whilst there, all meals, cocktails, snacks and activities were included. It rained the first two days, but was lovely the rest. After breakfast every day, Liam and I would go play tennis, and then I would take him to archery. After that we would go down to the pool and he would swim and I did some aquarobics. After this lunch session started but Liam loved playing water sports with the teenagers... so I sat on the sunlounge and read my book... After lunch, it would be more swimming and at 3pm, I would have a cocktail. I loved not having to do a thing... Some afternoons they had activities played for the kids to do, Liam did tie dyeing one day and made pizza from scratch with the chef's another day... I took myself off to the day spa one afternoon when he was entertained, and a had a facial. Yesterday we spent the day on Hamilton Is, and we loved the golf buggy we drove all of the island and had lunch down on the marina before flying home. The Whitsundays were lovely. Didnt get to go out to the reef, it was windy and the sea was choppy. A bit disappointed but a great excuse to go back again...

I have weighin tomorrow and I am dreading it, My portion size was completely wrong after I came home last night and started weighing everything and I wasnt feeling full after my meal... ARGHH! I have the tools to get back up again... so today I am back to tracking and planning...

LaurenBelle
04-12-2011, 07:46 AM
hi everyone. i only posted briefly back last october when i started on south beach, and then three weeks in we moved house and i just gave up for my own sanity. i gained back the 8kg i had lost and then kept on gaining another 8kg.
anyway, im working my way through this amazing low-fat wholefoods vegan cookbook written by a girl with PCOS (like me) and so far im just really enjoying expanding my food horizons. i dont want to focus too much on the scales at this point, but i do want to shed a few kilos before our family holiday to fiji in two months.

LittleKiwi
04-13-2011, 01:06 AM
Wow Vanessa your holiday sounds awesome! Glad to hear that you had a great time.

Welcome back again Lauren, it's gotten pretty quiet around here but hopefully it will pick up again.

Gen you are doing amazinly well with your weight loss. It must be an amazing feeling :D

Things have been up and down with me. First there was the news of possible redundancies at work then the stuff with my ex and then last week my dad got rushed into hospital. He's very sick anyway and is in hospital grade care as it is but he got a UTI which got really bad, the infection spread to his kidneys and blood and I really thought he was about to die he looked so sick. He's recovering well though and seems to be okay now.

On Monday I moved into a place that I'm housesitting until the end of June and with that I now have a dog to look after and that means exercise EVERY day without fail. I did a 4km run on Monday night, same last night and will try for 5km tonight. Keeping in mind that my half marathon is now only a month away!

Doing better with my diet too and hoping to keep it that way.

mumtoliam
04-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Hi Lauren! Welcome back!

Julia - you sound in better spirits. The house sitting has come at a great time - a good motivator, and a change is as good as a holiday. That's not good about your dad! I hope he is on the way to a full recovery.

I gained 1.5kg whilst away and I am feeling completely low at the moment - I am severely missing my son. He is at his dad's for the week. I am bored and eating because of it... I feel lost without him. I rang my sister just a moment ago and tried to make plans for tomorrow so I can stop moping around the house. I would go out by myself but I know that I will replace eating with spending and I dont want to spend money I dont have.

I went to PT last night but my heart wasnt in it, I'll go back again tomorrow night, just cause it is routine. I need to get out of this funk!

LaurenBelle
04-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Looking forward to the Easter long weekend, especially with the extra day off for Anzac Day. Mum is coming to visit from Adelaide and bringing her two dogs so perhaps I can burn off some of the hot cross buns I am bound to consume by taking the dogs for a walk!
I am having so much fun cooking from this new cookbooks. I got through it on the weekend and choose a few meals that I plan on making during the week, then shop for only those ingredients, which is cutting down on all the fruit/veg i buy without a specific idea in mind that ends of going bad in the fridge. Plus I am expanding my cooking repertoire and enjoying trying new tastes - like last night I had angel hair pasta with black beans, spinach, jalapeno, lime juice, scallions and roma tomatoes. A lesson for the future to wash my spinach properly (ew, grit) but so tasty!

mumtoliam
04-20-2011, 02:53 AM
I ended up losing the 1.5 kg gained on holidays... my poor sister has seen my nearly everyday. I just hung around at her house. Did grocery shopping with her, but I am glad I had the company. I took my nephews to the park, local art gallery and to the movies one afternoon so that she could get her shopping and hair cut. It was nice spending it with her.

I love cooking too. I got the new WW Basics cookbook last month, and this week I have cooked Chunky Vegetable and Bean soup, Beef Pie but I didnt put the meat in the pastry... I wanted to freeze some, and filo pastry doesnt do too good when reheating - goes soggy. I managed to freeze 6 meals in the last three nights, and tonight we are having a pork, mushroom and tomato pasta thingy... opps which reminds me I forgot the parmesan cheese so I will be heading out later to pick that up.

I am a lot happier this week. Liam is home again. I was determined to take him bike riding everyday. He was still on training wheels, and as of Sunday afternoon he is no longer. Every day I have taken him down to the park to ride, today we did the Nepean River cycleway... I dont know how many km, but he rode and I walked for over 1 and 1/2 hours.

Last night my PT group was cancelled - well I was the only one who turned up, so I came home and did a new WW DVD I bought Monday night PUNCH!. It came with weighted hand gloves. It was a good low impact workout. I just did the beginner's session. It has three other sessions on it.

I feel like I am having a better week, BUT I havent tracked what I have eaten and two milky bar snack size chocs have snuck in... LOL I will start tracking again tomorrow...

LittleKiwi
04-21-2011, 01:33 AM
My dad died on Saturday evening. The infection got worse and he was too weak to fight anymore. The funeral was yesterday and we all got through it ok, it's been good to have all of the family around.

I'm exhausted. This year has been so hard. I just want life to get back to some sort of normality but I don't think that'll happen any time soon.

LaurenBelle
04-21-2011, 04:14 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you and your family are coping alright.

mumtoliam
04-21-2011, 04:36 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss... This year has been very difficult for you and I'm here if you need me to support you.

7senuf
04-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Big hugs to you Julia xox Never easy when your parent passes away.

Sorry I havent been on guys, big turmoil happening here when i got back from melbourne, will go into more detail later, but lets at least say one good thing came of it and I got to meet Daves parents and they are lovely. I have read everyones posts and we all seem like we r having ups n downs.

Welcome back Lauren.

And now I am fluctuating between 66.2 and 65.6 kilos WOOHOO. Since June last year I have lost between 12 / 14 kilos. I still feel bloated and frumpy most days, but felt really awesome when i went back to work yesterday after 8 weeks off and several staff memebers commented on my weight loss in shock. So I guess I have lost a bit the past few weeks. They said what are u doing to lose it.... answer NOTHING. cause I havent.

WIll post more later and read a bit more later.

Hope everyone has a hoppy easter xox