Weight Loss Support - Stay At home Mom's #65

View Full Version : Stay At home Mom's #65

ECmom
11-18-2002, 07:42 PM
Stay at home Mom's #65

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #64 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny

ECmom
11-18-2002, 07:48 PM
Hi!
This will just be a short hello- the other thread was quiet and I thought that starting a new thread might generate some interest.

I did get a walk in today........it was cold and windy, which for me is perfect:D walking weather! So I am a happy camper. My eating has been pretty good too. If I keep this up and stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the nite (except to load the dishwasher:( )) I should do just fine.

Gotta go......a sleepy 6 year old just emerged and needs her mama!
Have a great nite.
Ginny

Freckles
11-18-2002, 10:00 PM
Hello!

I don't have a lot of time, but just wanted to say Hello! Also..... a few of you were wondering why you weren't getting any e-mail notices letting you know when someone posted here. If you use the "quick reply" button-it will not send you a notice via: e-mail. If you scroll to the bottom of the posts & hit "reply to post", you will then get a notification. Also-if you don't post for awhile & someone else posts after you have been notified, there's a possiblility that you won't be notified this way either. Am I making any sense? I sure hope so! Well-now a little update about me: I did so-so on my weight loss journey when it comes to making good food choices. For the exercise dept.: If you call twitching in the recliner during a 4-hour daytime nap-then I guess I got some exercise! I fell asleep watching Regis & Kelly @ 9:00 this a.m. & the next thing I knew it was 2:15 pm! So...no house work was done & of course....no real exercise. :rolleyes: Thank goodness dh is coming home late tonight! Spryng: Do you think that I have sympathy pangs for you & this is why I took such a long nap? :lol: Ginny: I'm glad to hear that we have more in common with each other. My favorite history period is the pioneer days. When I was growing up Little House In The Prairie was my favorite TV program. I still like to read up on Laura Ingalls-Wilder. DD is doing an oral book report on her biography next week & she will wear her pioneer dress for part of her prop. She is also making a small patchwork quilt to go along with the book/prop. (This will be her first real sewing project on the sewing machine.) Well gals-I'm sorry for rambling on here, but this has been the most excitement in my life for awhile. Now it's time to get dd ready for bed. :yawn:

spryng
11-18-2002, 11:52 PM
Good evening all!
Ginny I'm glad your day has went well and you got that walk in. I'm sure it has made you feel better.
Jackie, that's so sweet that you are having sympathy pains for me!! Just try not to have the cravings I'm having and you will be fine! :lol: my craving right now is hamburgers and french fries from wendy's. French fries seem like the only thing that will curb my morning sickness. But I'm trying my best not to overeat. I really don't want to get huge with this one. In fact it scares me to death when I start thinking about the weight gain. I hit 198 with my last pregnancy and it was so hard to get back off. So now when I'm hungry I'm trying to hit the fruit (lots of grapes and bananas) instead of empty cals. Boy do I wish I was craving fruit and veggies... it would make this pregnancy so much easier.
Well, anyway... guess I should go to bed. I hope everyone is still on track for their thanksgiving challenge and have a great night!!

ECmom
11-19-2002, 10:54 AM
Good morning!!!!!
This is going to have to be short. I came online to check out something for Dh for Christmas. Which by the way, I am already in panic mode that I will never get everything done in time for........

Jackie- so glad to hear from you, you pioneer woman!!!! I love that time of history also.....but confess that if I had to really fess up to a favorite it would be Colonial America. (sort of fits my primative nature, eh?). Good for you with your eating..........and I know that you will get the excercise in. Good food choices are half the battle.

Spryng- carrots were a mainstay for me.........maybe they will work for you too? Also herbal tea.....another biggie of mine- something innocent like peppermint (also good to settle the tummy) might be a good choice. Hope that you are feeling better!

Gotta go......tons to do.
Take care and have a great day.
Ginny

mel17
11-19-2002, 12:54 PM
Just a quick Hello!

We got back from our trip on Sat. night, but it's still busy, busy around here. My mom is coming this weekend, and I have to make sure everything is in place or she won't rest until she does it all!

Our trip was wonderful, and not at all what I thought it would be (stuffy business types) we had so much fun!

Now I must go, but please cross your fingers for me, I weigh in tonight and I'm hoping my weekend away doesn't show on the scales!?!

TTYL

spryng
11-19-2002, 02:38 PM
I'm sure your weigh in will be great Mel!! But even if it isn't don't fret. You have been doing such a great job and you'll get it back down in no time! :)
My day has been going really well actually. I haven't been sick once today yet (knock on wood) As soon as I got up this morning I crammed a pop tart down my throat and that seemed to stop any morning sickness from starting.. then I ate about 2 hours later... still not sick... and then I ate just a little bit ago. I guess they are right about eating about every 2 hours. It seems to be working today. I was feeling so good infact that I got some laundry done. I was feeling so bad about the house not being in the greatest shape and piles of laundry to do, but I attacked the laundry and did about 4-5 loads already. I have about 4-5 more to go and then I'll be caught up!! I'm so glad. I hate so much dirty clothes. But I have just felt so terrible lately. No energy to even cook myself something to eat let alone clean or wash clothes. Lets pray my morning sickness is ending and I might feel normal again.
Well, I think it's nap time for me. I'll catch up with you gals later!

Freckles
11-21-2002, 03:39 PM
Hello!

I hope that everyone is doing wonderful today. I'm doing so, so. I woke up this a.m. to an early TOM, a week early! I'm trying real hard to stay OP today. I've been drinking my water & am making o.k. food choices. Well-enough about me! Ginny: We have one more week to go on the challenge. Good Luck! Hopefully you were able to complete most of your "chore" list. Want to come over & give me a hand? ;) Mel: Glad you had a safe & wonderful trip. Enjoy your Mom's company this weekend. Hopefully she doesn't bring along her white glove! :D How did your W-I go? Spryng: Glad you're feeling better & hopefully the morning sickness will stay away. Did you get your wash caught up? Well gals, I have to get going & pick dd up from school. C-U Later! TTFN

ECmom
11-22-2002, 07:17 AM
Good morning!!!!!
It doesn't get any better than this..........Ds is home sick with a bad cold.............Dd (6) has chicken pox! (her older siblings have already been blessed with it!)

Gotta go get behind the wheel of my big yellow limo!
Have a good morning!
Ginny

mel17
11-22-2002, 01:55 PM
Hi~

I'm still running around trying to make sure my house is in place, mom will be here tomorrow! I just thought I'd let y'all know that I made our Nov. challenge and then some... I lost 2.4 lbs. this week, which bring my November total to 6.4 lbs so far. I still have another weigh in next week that will go towards our Nov. total, and My over all total is 61 lbs now!!! I'm still challenging myself, and have 13.4 lbs. to lose by the New Year. I doubt I reach my mini goal, but I'll be pretty close if I keep going.

Ginny, I feel for you dear, I hope your babies are well soon and I hope you can get some rest in the mean time!

Spryng, glad to hear that your morning sickness is easing up a bit, you take care!

Jackie, I hope TOM goes easy on you! I think it must be in the air, cause I was cramping yesterday, but maybe it'll hold off until after Thanksgiving!?!

Well, I working on my closet now. so I better get back to it!

TTFN

274.2/213.2/135

Freckles
11-22-2002, 01:58 PM
POOR GINNY....HANG IN THERE!! I guess my life is pretty good right now! As for my "OP" life: I've had a bowl of cereal/milk for breakfast & for lunch I had a big bowl of soup & some apple juice. That's it! Gotta get going. TTFN!

spryng
11-22-2002, 07:19 PM
Good eveing all!
Ginny I hope your dd is feeling better. Mine hasn't had the chicken pox yet but I remember having it as a child, how awful! I'm sending good vibes your way and hopefully she'll get better soon!!
MEL!!! CONGRATS on hitting your 5 # challenge!! Wow. I just can't get enough of your motivation!! I forget, what plan are you on? WW?? I couldn't remember. Well, whatever it is it's working and you are doing so awesome! How do you stay so focused??
My day has been good. 4 days now with no morning sickness. Weird huh? I never heard of it leaving at 9 wks along but I'll take it. I was worried for awhile. But then I decided I can't control anything going on inside of me. I'm not bleeding or cramping so I am just going to think everything is ok and enjoy the renewed energy. And no Jackie, I didn't get all my laundry done but I have only a few more loads to go. Looks like we may be going to Denver CO, for thanksgiving. (I'm so excited!!) My Dh grandparents and uncle and aunt live there and his grandpa is in bad shape so the whole family is driving out there to see him. It's a 12 hour drive but I've never been to CO so I'm excited to see my DH home town!! We'll know for sure in a few days if we are going for sure. His parents are tying up loose ends and if they can go then we will too.
Well, talk to you all soon!!

JennR
11-22-2002, 07:31 PM
HI, I hope you dont mind me joining in. I just registered here today. I am a sahm with three kids. My oldest is 3 and I have twins that are 2. I have been on and off diets since ....well...forever I guess. I am doing a low carb diet and trying so hard to stick to something that makes sense and fitting it all in with taking care of all the kids and house.

I lost 70 pounds before I got preg the first time and havent manged to get it back off since. I was working then and of course without the kids I had the freedom to walk when I wanted and didnt have all these darn snacks around.

I hope some of you can relate to this. I really want to lose this weight for good. I am just finding it so hard with the running around to eat good meals and exercise.

ECmom
11-25-2002, 01:28 PM
Hi!
Well, it looks as thought the posts from this weekend did not show up (duh, just like they said!). Welcome Jen! I will have to fill you in on my details another day, as I just came online to pay a bill and renew Dd's library fine. Thought I would check in and say hello. Sounds like you must be very busy with twins!!

Thanks to Jackie , Melissa and Spryng for the sympathy! (I need a hug right about now..... but am holding up just fine). Dd is out of the woods with the chicken pox. Ds is almost better too!

Gotta go drive my limo. Have a great day!
Ginny

KarenW
11-25-2002, 11:26 PM
Lif has been crazy but I wanted to check in.

Happy thanksgiving to all!! We are leaving to go to my SIL house... But I wanted to let you all know I am alive and fine! I promise to catch up later!! :):)

Freckles
11-26-2002, 02:16 PM
Hello Everyone!

First of all: Welcome, Jenn! I'm glad that you have decided to join our thread. This is a great place to go for support, understanding and... once in awhile the humor we need in our lives. Attitude has a lot to do with the weightloss journey & if we can keep each other going with some humor from time to time, that helps ease our burdons along the way. I bet your busy with a 3 y/o & 2 y/o twins! :eek: I'd probably be bald from pulling out my hair if I had 3 kids 3 & under! :lol: As for finding the time to focus on losing weight & exercise-I hear yah! I have a few hours to myself at home, but tend to do housework instead of exercise. My schedule is pretty full when school is out, so no time then. I'm hoping that everyone on this thread will have the time & patience after the holidays to focus on better food choices & to get some exercise in. The two really go together, so lets really give it a shot after the holidays have passed. I'm still hanging in there for the Thanksgiving day challenge. If I stay away from those lousy Turtle Sundaes, I should make it! :tape: Spryng: I'm glad to hear that your morning sickness has left you. Are you eating several small meals a day instead of large meals? I know when I ate about 5 really small meals a day, I felt a lot better when I was pregnant. I hope that you get a chance to go to CO for Thanksgiving. I'd love to take a trip there! I was there when I was 2 y/o, but I don't remember much except sitting on a horse with an indian & her dog Tina! If you go, I hope that you have a safe & an enjoyable trip! Ginny: I'm glad to hear that Karen & Mark are feeling better. This sure can take a toll on us moms, can't it? Here's a few hugs sent your way! {{{{ }}} {{{ }}} Hang in there! Karen: I hope you have/had a safe trip to your SIL's house. Thanks for checking in with us! Well gals, I'd better get going & continue with my Cinderella duties! HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERY0NE!

Freckles
11-29-2002, 09:10 AM
Hi!

I did it! I made it to my 5# weightloss challenge right on Thanksgiving Day! I made reasonable food choices at our Thanksgiving Feast, so if I stay away from the Turtle Sundaes I should be able to keep it off unless I eat too many Christmas cookies. :cookie: Well gals, I don't feel like corresponding with myself, so I'll close for now. I hope that you all have a chance to post soon. I'm getting lonely here! ;)

ECmom
12-01-2002, 06:50 PM
Good evening!
First of all~ Congrats there Jackie!!!!!!!!!! Great job making it to your 5# challenge! You perserved and hung in there and I am so happy for you! Now on to the next 5!

Sorry that I did not get here all that much last week. Thanksgiving and a crummy cold took their toll on me. But fortunately both are over, well Thanksgiving is at least and the cold is on the down hill side (I think!). Thanksgiving went well, my inlaws and mother got along fine (something that cannot always be taken for granted!) and the day went well. The kicker was that the day before Thanksgiving all of my kids schools were closed(snow day), but the public school was open (on a delayed schedule) so......the buses ran and I had to work, leaving all 3 kids and Dh home trashing the house! Well, they were not all that bad, but it did not make my job any easier preparing for the big meal.
We got some Christmas shopping done (only a tiny bit, but better than none) and I am hoping to begin my cards tomorrow. It is going to be hard to get everything done this year- with so little time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. (How come I feel behind and I have not even started???) Oh, well. Somehow it all gets done.

As for me and my weight.........I have not even looked at the scale and being that I have not walked since Wednesday I am not going on it either!!! I am going to walk tomorrow- cold or not and try to regain an intense focus on eating healthy and doing things right.

On that happy note, I had better go and see what is up with the kids. (don't sound too happy). take care!
Ginny

Freckles
12-02-2002, 07:44 AM
Good Morning!

Ginny: Thanks for taking the time to check in. Ahh....tis the season to be oh...so busy! ;) I started my cards over the weekend, but still have a long way to go 'til I'm finished with them. I'm sending out photo cards this year. The pictures won't be ready 'til Wed., but I was able to take the envelopes home to address them. I also have my annual newsletter to work on also. As for presents: I bought a few, but still have a long....way to go with these too! I shampooed my living room carpet over the weekend. I really worked up a sweat doing it & I also woke up with a sore shoulder muscle. I guess I used a muscle/muscles that I haven't used in a long time. After Christmas I plan on focusing on an extensive weight training schedule. Oprah looks fantastic & she admits that she wouldn't have gotten where she is without extensive weight training. Well, I'd like to stay longer here, but it's time to wake up ds for school. Catch yah later!

spryng
12-02-2002, 10:25 AM
Hello all!
Well I didn't realize it's been almost two weeks since I posted. I'm 11 wks along now and feeling great! My ultrasound is this thursday to determine if I'm having twins. (I'm starting to relax a bit but I was so anxious for a while) My morning sickness is still gone but I'm still really tired. But that's ok! :)
So how many made their thanksgiving goal?? I know Mel did and I think I read Jackie did too. Anyone else? Congrats on those who did! I know it's hard work. I'm already feeling so fat that it depresses me. But what can I do? I'm eating what I think is really good. And smaller portions because of my stomach being squished yet I still feel like I am packing on the lbs. Probably because at my first midwife appointment it said I was 156! That meant I had gained 10-16 lbs since I became pregnant up to 8 wks along. That was horrible. But the more I read on twin pregnancies that is a sign. But all will be revealed in a few more days.
Well, guess I'll get off here. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!

ECmom
12-02-2002, 12:22 PM
Good morning! (actually, it just turned afternoon),
Great to turn on the 'puter and see some posts.

Jackie- how is that shoulder doing? Take it easy there.......you have to heal that muscle before you take on some weight training. Are you planning on doing a tape for weight training, joining a club or just winging it? I know that muscle burns more energy than fat does to maintain and that my increasing muscle mass you really boost your metabolism. And that once a woman gets past 40 (I can attest to this one!) the metabolism is on a gradual decline. Weight training sounds great.......if you find a good tape for it, please let me know. We have all the weights and the weight bench all I need is the motivation. And that is something I have been thinking about for a long while......so I'll join ya, long distance that is. You organized person you, doing one of those newsletter for Christmas cards. I am lucky I write cards at all, let alone a newsletter to boot.

Spryng- so Thursday is the big day, eh? (I had a twins scare with Dd and Ds, but for me it is because I carry high- making me look more pregnant than I was......groan) So glad that the morning sickness is gone- sometimes it is hard to watch what you eat when fighting nausea. Your energy will return soon too, well at least a little bit in the second trimester. Hang in there!!!! Just think of what a wonderful blessing you have been given. We are all pulling for you.

As for me I got a cold walk in this am. If felt so great to get out again. My eating has been ok- I had one minor slip up- but we still have some Thanksgiving stuff in the house. And I refuse to throw out my raspberry/cranberry jello salad! (So if finished off the last portion, about a cup of it).

Well, I had better check email and then get off to work on dinner.
I did get some more Christmas shopping done this morning, and was blessed with good luck- every stop I made I had success at.
(rare, isn't it)
Have a great day!
Ginny

ECmom
12-03-2002, 10:05 AM
Hi!
Guess I am talking to myself here today.
Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was. Not such a good morning here, as all 3 cherubs decided to give their mother a guilt trip this morning.

I had better go get myself going with lots to get done today.
See ya later!
Ginny

mel17
12-04-2002, 10:29 AM
Hi Ladies!

The holidays have really had me busy, plus my moms visit too! I also got sick while she was here and managed to pull a muscle in my back, making it hard to breath. But with lots of meds. and a little rest, I'm getting better.

I'm glad to hear that everyones doing well, and hopefully had a Happy Thanksgiving!

I did make the 5 lb challenge for Nov. with a total of nearly 8 lbs. and managed to lose 1.2 lbs. this week, even with Thanksgiving hanging over my head.

Well, I'm going for now. Y'all have a great day!!!

274.2/210.8/135
total lost=63.4 lbs.
OP since 6/11/02

chikitababe
12-04-2002, 10:54 AM
Hi! I am new here. I am the mother of 3 children: almost 6, almost 3 and 16 months. I am also a childcare provider who cares for a 9 week old infant with colic.

My pre-pregancy weight each time was about 143 or so. It was MUCH easier to lose the weight the first two times. However, when I was 9 mos pg with my daughter (now 16 mos), I weighed 180 pounds. I am currently at 155. I was down to 150, but, due to my love of chocolate, gained back the 5 pounds :(.

I try to find time for exercise, though, I must admit it is VERY difficult. I have used my aerobic tapes 4 times this week (Sun-Wed), so, that is a start. Today is the first day, so far, without any chocolate. I am a true chocoholic. Drinking a lot of water is hard for me to do because I have chronic throat problems as a result of acid reflux, but, I do my best.

I am ready to challenge myself, though admit I may need encouragement. That chocolate takes over soooo easily. E.G. I work out, then 2 hours later eat a few miniature hershey's, ha.

I am currently working out with Leslie Sansone's 2 mile walk, and Denise Austin's Bounce Back After Baby. Anyone ever tried these with good results?

I am looking forward to getting to know other SAHMS.

ECmom
12-04-2002, 11:20 AM
Good morning!
Well, I am in a better frame of mind here than I was yesterday. Dh (bless him) called at just the right time, he must have sensed that I was in the dumps and cheered me up. So I am back to my regular rambuncious self.

Welcome Chikitababe! Another resident of the Empire State, I must add!!!!!!! We live in Orange County- whereabouts do you live. (love it when people mention NY State........usually means we are trying as best we can to distance ourselves from the city, which is like another country!) I too have 3 children, but mine are much older 16, 13 and 6. I have the Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk tape, which I use if I am unable to get out for the real thing. I like her a lot.....and hey if she gets you up off the couch to work out then it is good, right? As far as you and the chocolate thing, well, I found that the diet hot chocolate can sometimes fill that void. I usually wait until I get the troops all in bed, and that is my end of the day treat, for surviving another day of insanity. Maybe you can come up with some sort of system that works for you, or even allowing the chocolate but just one of those "fun sized" bars. But that asks for a ton of self control. The chocolate is awful for acid reflux, but you probably know that already. Hang in there- losing weight is good for the acid reflux!
I look foward to getting to know you better. (and I am not always this kooky- just am in a really hyper mood).

Melissa- your focus amazes me!! Congrats on making the Thanksgiving challenge! So sorry to hear about your pulled muscle, gosh that can hurt so bad. I hope that it heals quickly.

Well, gotta go! I am trying to get dinner done now, plus another zillion things before I have to go back out. Got my walk in this morning, it was so cold!! (great for waking up, though).

Have a great day.
Ginny

JennR
12-04-2002, 04:13 PM
Hi everyone. I havent had a chance to check in again in like a week! I havent been doing well at all. I went on a carb overload for thanksgiving and havent been able to stop yet.

I just dont know how to do this with taking care of the house and kids. When I lost weight before I got preg it was easy, it was just me and dh. I worked ft and walked everyday after work. I cant even begin to imagine that lifestyle now! How do I eat low carb while fixing mac and cheese and pbj sandwiches?

Spryng I am very anxious to find out if you are having twins! I love to talk to other MOT!

Ginny I live in NY too. I grew up in Dutchess Cty and now live up north in Essex Cty!

ECmom
12-05-2002, 03:32 PM
Good afternoon!
Great to hear from you Jen! I hear ya, I hear ya with the low carb eating and pbj sandwiches, mac and cheese, grilled cheese......gosh my kids ate tons of that. Dd (oldest) used to ask for that awful Kraft Mac and Cheese (the powdered stuff in the box) for breakfast!!!!!! Get yourself some reduced cal bread (some brands are not too bad) and some low fat cheese ,use one slice of cheese and Pam to "grill" the sandwich. Then you are eating like them but missing some of the cal/fat. that is the only way that I can do it- I find a substitute that works for me and allow myself that substitute to avoid feeling neglected. Good luck.

Downstate here.......we are in the midst of a great snow storm. So my big yellow limo can sleep today! No walk but I did get out in the white stuff with the kids and shovelled and played a bit.

Gotta go.
Have a great day!
Ginny

ECmom
12-05-2002, 03:34 PM
Opps- Jen, sorry for not noticing earlier that you are also an Empire Stater! (brain dead mother syndrome strikes again)
Ginny

spryng
12-06-2002, 12:02 AM
Hi All!
Good evening!
Well today was THE day. I got my ultrasound!! It was so nice to see that picture and only ONE baby!! whew. My midwife said I'm measuring further along possibly because after having my last baby my uterus didn't shrink all the way and it's just going to be rommier. :) But I'm still due june 23 and only 11 weeks along. But it was so nice to see that little angel flipping and somesaulting in me. He (I'm calling it that until I know for sure) was so active. His heart rate was 174! That's the highest any of my kids have been! Doesn't that mean a boy?? I'm having that feeling. But anyway... everything was good. I've only gained 1 lb in 3 weeks so that was GREAT!! Blood pressure was good, everything was good. Scheduled to go back in 4 weeks. This pregnancy finally seems real to me now... I'm having a BABY! lol
Sorry I didn't address anyone personally... it's late and I'm beat. I'll catch you all later!!

ECmom
12-06-2002, 11:33 AM
Good morning!!!
This is going to be short.....lots of stuff to do today and I AM GOING TO GET A WALK IN! (even if it kills me......). You could have sold tickets to my house this am......school delays, confusion- basically happy pandemonium. And total insanity. I will recover sometime in March........maybe.........

Spryng- congrats on your little one!!!!!! and not two!!!!! (I have been there, with my oldest the Dr was point blank honest that he was looking for two babies). Glad that you can now comfortably embrace this pregnancy and enjoy it. June is a great month for babies, Dd (my first) was due in late May and it was so nice to be able to take her out from the very beginning without all the bundling up.

Well, I have to get dinner going, and then off for my walk. Have a great day!
Ginny

ECmom
12-08-2002, 07:28 PM
Well, tonite's challenge is that Ds is doing a report on Venezuela.
For those of you who remember Robert Louis Stevenson......and I forget what miserable report there was before that.........well I am not having a fun weekend!!!!!!!

So, in a strange way, I am glad that there are no posts to reply to.
Hope that your weekends are going well. And all that shopping too! Take care.
Ginny

spryng
12-09-2002, 10:58 AM
Good morning all!
How was your weekend??
Mine went well until yesterday. I came down with some sort of virus or something. I couldn't keep anything down and was so tired. Thankfully my DH was home and kept up with the kids and catered to me :) I guess it was only a 24 hour thing because I feel much better today except for being a little weak.
Well I wanted to check in and see how all was doing. Have a great day!!

Freckles
12-10-2002, 04:00 AM
HIi

I'M SORRY THAT I DIDN'T HAVE A CHANCE TO CHECK IN LATELY. I'VE BEEN SO.....BUSY! THE ONLY REASON THAT I CHECKED IN NOW WAS BECAUSE I HAD INSOMNIA. (DON'T HAVE IT ANYMORE, SO I'LL MAKE THIS QUICK!) WELCOME CHICKITABABE! IF YOU HANG IN 'TIL AFTER THE HOLIDAYS I'LL HAVE MORE TIME TIME TO ADDRESS YOU FURTHER. I'M SURE YOU'RE IN THE SAME BOAT AS MOST OF US RIGHT NOW. SPRYNG: GLAD TO HEAR THAT THERE'S ONLY ONE BABY! WELL-I'M READY TO SLEEP OVER THE KEYBOARD RIGHT NOW, SO I'LL SAY GOOD NIGHT! :yawn:

JennR
12-10-2002, 02:09 PM
Hi everyone. I am just checking back in after several days. Funny how we are all too busy to get here daily.

Found out yesterday that my oldest has strep and scarlett fever. We are housebound until he has been on the antibiotic for 24hrs and is no longer contagious. I am crossing my fingers that the twins dont get it from him!!

ECmom
12-11-2002, 03:33 PM
Good afternoon!!!!
Well, an interesting day here.........we have a lovely ice storm in process, so they decided to close school at noon. Dd's school did not even open, but I still had to drive all the public school students in and home. I finally got revenge at all those individuals who get the students on the bus and leave the disciplinary problems to me!!!! Because the weather was so crummy and I was feeling rather silly, I played the Chipmunks Christmas tape on the bus......and we pulled into the elementary school with all 50 kids singing Rudolph! (got them wound up.....just a wee bit!). Actually it worked out rather well for me, because they were so busy singing there were no fights- and I threatened them that I would turn off the music if I saw one of them out of their seatbelts or seat! But the way it worked out, I was in the bus for almost 5 1/2 hours straight......... and so was Dd because she had no school. I am glad to be home now, and all my kids are home with half days. Now we are just waiting for Dh, who hopefully will be home soon. The roads are bad- in some areas completely covered with ice.

Well, no walk today........and probably none tomorrow, as the storm is expected to go thru the night. Guess I am going to have to get some shopping online done.......

Gotta go check dinner. Spryng, I hope that you are feeling better. Jennifer- strep is the pits........the only good thing is that within 24 hours a really sick child can be so much better. Did your twins come down with it too?? My pediatrician used to prescribe over the phone for a sibling (no office visit needed) if they came down with strep and had a sibling who already had been treated. Hope everyone is feeling better!!!
Jackie-4 am and you are checking in with us? (sounds like something I would do!) Hope that you got your rest...........try not to over do it- get a little time off for yourself!!! (good advice for all of us).

Have a great evening!
Ginny

chikitababe
12-12-2002, 08:17 PM
I haven't posted in a few days cause I have been sick as a dog!! I have bronchitis and laryngitis, on top of my asthma. So, my workout schedule went to pot, eating healthy right along with it. I was doing so well, exercised 6/7 days, then 2 days this week, now nada cause I am coughing so much, I think it would make me sicker. And, I must admit I have indulged this week, my birthday was 12/11, so we had TONS of birthday cake, and leftover peanutbutter balls that I made. I guess I'll just have to try again when I start to feel better.

I live in the Southern Tier of New York State, south of Syracuse.

ECmom
12-13-2002, 01:18 PM
Happy Birthday, Chikitababe!!!!!!!!!!!! (mind if you give us a first name.....it just seems more personal to me!)
I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well........sounds like the bug I had 2 years ago complete with asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia. I hope that you are on the mend soon! Take it easy, drink lots of water and get your rest. We will be here for you when you are feeling better!!!!

As for me, I am slowly getting my shopping done. Tonite is Ds's Christmas concert. And today is FIL's bday, so we will have to do something for him (wish I could skip that!). And a basketball game tomorrow. So another busy weekend on tap....
Gotta go! Have a great weekend.
Ginny

JennR
12-13-2002, 02:21 PM
well thankfully our strep is on the mend now. It is such a pain for me to remember to give him the antibiotic tho. I feel like a total moron when I forget. Knock on wood the other two havent gotten it. I hope if that were the case my pedi would perscribe over the phone too. They are an hour away.

Happy Birthday Chikitababe!!

Diet wise, I am still not eating right but I have been making it to the gym!

mel17
12-14-2002, 04:13 PM
Hi ladies!

Happy belated birthday CB! And welcome to you and Jennifer!

Sorry I've been MIA again, but with the holidays and all, I feel so worn out and haven't been online much. My pulled muscle is better, and my cold/pneumonia is about over too. I'm proud to say that even with everything going on, sickness and parties and such... I've still stay OP and even managed to have a slight loss this week. Last Friday night was DH's Christmas party at work, and weigh in was Tuesday night, which resulted in a loss of .6# it's not much, but with being sick and partying a little, I was happy it wasn't a gain. I haven't been able to exercise, but I know things will really slow down now, if I don't start moving! As of now, my total is 64 lbs. lost! I'm almost half way, can you believe it!?!

I don't know how much I'll be around this week, I'm leaving to go to my mom's Thursday night and won't be home until the 26th, so I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas! Take care, and I'll check in when I can.

274.2/210.2/135

chikitababe
12-14-2002, 05:07 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that my name is Holly. :)

EDITED TO ADD: Thank you all for the birthday wishes!!

ECmom
12-15-2002, 03:41 PM
Hi!
Just a quick check in here.............but glad to read your posts.
Melissa- I am so glad that you are feeling better, and that you are still in your losing ways! (that was me last year). It is a wonderful thing when you are locked in with being OP and you sure are. I hope that your week goes well. Have a very merry and blessed Christmas. And a safe journey,just in case I do not catch up with you before you leave.

Jennifer- good for you getting the workouts in! That is important to getting on track with weight loss. And good news that the twins have not come down with strep- I do not remember the incubation period for strep, but I think that they would have gotten it by now if they were going to from that exposure.

Holly- thanks for giving us your name! The screen names are fun- but I feel a bit closer using the individuals real name. Last year- based strictly upon our posts and names we had a guessing game within the thread for figure type, hair color, features, hair style etc.........it was really funny, and a lot of fun too!!!! So I guess I like having your real name to add a bit to your personality.
Well, I have survived the weekend.......Ds's team won again yesterday- he scored 16 points- and then we went on for an evening of teduim at FIL/MIL's. Yes it is that bad............but I was glad for Dh that he got a good visit in with his father. I left early
(after 4 hours) and took the kids shopping. Dh stayed on another 2 hours..........yawn......

Well, I had better figure out what I am making for dinner tonite.
And I want to squeeze a walk in.
Have a great nite!
Ginny

ECmom
12-16-2002, 12:54 PM
Sniff,sniff.........nobody loves me...................

Aw I 'm just kidding. And I am up to my eyeballs, just like the rest of you!!!! Last year I think I was the only one who posted for almost 2 weeks and I held a brilliant conversation with myself.

So, I will go finish making dinner. I did get that walk in last nite (so pretty to see the Christmas lighted houses!) and got one in today in some cold, brisk weather (which I like).
I had better go drink some water, as I am behind in that.
Have a great day!
Ginny

Freckles
12-16-2002, 03:07 PM
Hi Everyone!

Ginny: I STILL LOVE YOU! ;) Who couldn't love a cheerful/bubbly person like you?! I think of you often, especially thinking of you with a bus full of kids singing the "Chipmunks Christmas!" I'll actually start laughing out loud when I'm by myself driving my car, just thinking about it! You must be the life of the party! Holly: Thanks for giving us your name. I'm like Ginny, it's nice to have your real name too. I hope you get better real soon. Happy Belated Birthday to you! Mel: Sorry to hear that you were ill too! Hopefully you will be all rested up & better by next week. Have fun by you Mom's & Merry Christmas to you to!! Jenn: Glad to hear that the strepp is on the mend by your house too. Hang in there hon, & don't let the scale/diet bring you down. It's the holidays & we all are in the same boat once in awhile during this time of the year. Spryng: Hopefully you're doing okay too. Drop us a line when you get the time. I hope that you're feeling better too! Well, I must go for now. I'm hoping that I get another chance to check in before Christmas, if not: MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!

Keltic_Gypsy
12-17-2002, 08:24 PM
Hello everyone. :wave: I just wanted to say hey and introduce myself. I have recently joined the board and wanted to know if it was ok if I hung out with you guys some. I am a SAHM with a 4 year old. I worry about her being heavy like my side of the family is. I am looking forward to making some great new friends with advice. Thanks.

mel17
12-17-2002, 10:51 PM
Welcome Gypsy!

Hi Ladies~! This may be it for me, at least until after I get back from Christmas at my moms. But I just had to stop in and tell y'all the wonderful news from weigh in tonight. I lost 2.2 lbs. this week, which now gives me a grand total of 66.2 lbs!!!

BTW~I love you too Ginny! :) great job, getting in your walks, I would love to join you in walking and looking at the beautiful lights. Unfortunatly, we live in a VERY RURAL area, no street lights and very few neighbors. But I did make it to the gym yesterday, and I'm sure sore today!

Jackie, Thanks for the get well wishes, and I'm happy to say I'm feeling much better these days. Just a little tired, but I think that's mostly because of the busy holiday season.

I hope everyone is well, and has a Merry Christmas!

Take care, and I'll be back soon!

Keltic_Gypsy
12-18-2002, 09:00 AM
Melissa-Congradulations on your WI! That is absolutely wonderful! I go for mine tomorrow, but I know there is going to be a gain, its been a very long time since I've been to a meeting, but I know I have to start somewhere. I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

spryng
12-18-2002, 07:33 PM
hello all!
welcome gypsy!! I'm Spryng! Mother of two (2 and almost 3) and I have one on the way right now. Just started my 2nd trimester. I've been here for a whole year now!! WOO HOO!! I can't believe it has gone so fast. I was very close to my goal weight when I got pregnant this time. And fortunately I haven't gained too much yet but I have a long way to go before I can say that for sure :) I hope to get to know you better.
Hope everyone else is doing well. Mel of course is still going strong. I'm still baffled at her motivation. She is so encouraging!! Ginny I know I was one of the only ones posting last december with you, seeing how that is when I joined. And I'm sorry I'm not doing the same this year, I'm just so preoccupied. But you are doing great! What would this thread be without you??
I'm doing good. Getting some energy back, even though I have to have a nap almost everyday and can't stay up past 10 0'clock. But that is ok. As long as I can function during the day. :) Had a bit of a scare yesterday with my dd. She has been complaining lately about her back hurting and we have to rub it to get it feeling better. Well when she got up from her nap yesterday she wouldn't stop crying about the pain and no rubbing would help it so we called her pediatrician and he said to bring her right in. Well (this was her first visit with him, since we just moved here) he touched her back for a whole second and said she was fine. But to get an x-ray just to be sure. I was a little upset. She wasn't crying anymore about it but still, 3 year olds don't make that up do they? He said it could be growing pains and if we stop talking about it she won't mention it anymore. Well one thing, we don't talk about it... she comes to us complaining about the pain and crying real tears. So we are waiting on the x-ray report. Have any of you went through this? Is growing pains that common? How long do they last? Should I be concerned or just listen to the doctor??
Well, just wanted to check in. Hope everyone has a great night!!

ECmom
12-18-2002, 07:39 PM
Hi!
A short check in.......but this is getting so long (and my brain is non functional) so I am going to start a new thread. See ya there!!!!!!! (stay at home mom's #66, Gypsy and Holly).
Ginny