01-02-2011, 04:11 PM
I dislike the word "resolution" so I am making some goals for 2011.
What do you want to do for yourself this year?
1. Be more active this winter. Will dust of skates and go out and have fun!
2. Eat more fruit and veg.
3. Get back to bellydance class as soon as doc gives me the go ahead.
4. Break out my new cookbooks and try some new recipes.
5. Get more organized in my daily life.
6. Treat myself to a spa day every now and then.
01-03-2011, 05:42 PM
hi mauvaisroux and other alternachicks. i haven't been on here in a little over a year but like so many others out there and on here, i've started the year with a few goals and one of them is to be healthier. this site works well for me so here i am...again. (hope me just throwing myself in the conversation is OK; i don't really feel like it's worth the fanfare of a new "hi, i'm back" thread).
since moving back to the south i've gained (back) almost 20 lbs. i've been using the difficulty of finding healthy, non-animal, non-dairy food options as an excuse to eat unhealthy. but with a little planning i know i can do better. mauvaisroux i like your idea of goals rather than resolutions. here are a few of mine:
1. move. i don't have fitness videos and a newly acquired hand me down treadmill for nothing!
2. plan my meals weekly. it's a long drive to the store, but with planning low-cal, healthy meals can be done.
3. stay ahead of my work so i don't come home after work and work all night long. that equals butt on the couch and unhealthy meals.
4. i'm stealing this from mauvaisroux: get more organized in my daily life. disorganization equals stress equals eating tons of chocolate.
5. actually do 30 days straight of the 30 day shred video. i've stopped and started that thing so many times i've lost count. (just did day 2).
that should keep me busy.
Call Me Stephanie
01-20-2011, 01:14 AM
I want to get more active and clear my body and mind of the negitive!