Exercise! - today it starts!

View Full Version : today it starts!

GabrielleEmersyn
01-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm new here... I have 100lb to lose (to START with.. ugh) - and today is the start of my journey.... Exercise is something that I always intend to do, but end up skipping.. I'm starting out small, taking the kids for a walk everyday & using my parents exercycle... then changing it up a bit when I am feeling a bit less exhausted by those two simple exercises!

lolas
01-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Hello Gabrielle,
What a wonderful first step is to to make a public commitment to becoming healthy! I started my journey less than a month ago and, although it has been difficult at times, so far it has been the most rewarding thing I've ever done. The ladies and gents on this site have already been very helpful in getting me through some of my tough times. I'm looking forward to becoming more involved in this great community :) Best of luck to you with the weight loss and exercise!

GabrielleEmersyn
01-02-2011, 03:56 PM
thanks for your warm welcome :)

Vladadog
01-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Welcome to 3fc! I think you'll find lots of good advice and kindred spirits here.

I'm also not much of an exerciser. I take the dogs for a mile or so walk most days, this time of year I carry a few loads of firewood every day, and sometimes I play on the Wii a bit. Hardly exercise at all by the standards of some here but any exercise, any at all, is better than none and the more you do the easier it gets.

GabrielleEmersyn
01-02-2011, 05:27 PM
well i went for my first walk.. we only managed 25 minutes, because G's feet were hurting - but it's pretty much 25 minutes more than I've walked in the past 6 months ;) so that's got to be good i guess!

MariaMaria
01-02-2011, 05:35 PM
25 minutes is 25 minutes better than nothing. Good for you.

Vladadog
01-03-2011, 02:11 AM
25 minutes is a GREAT start!

chubbychick66
01-03-2011, 10:06 AM
25 minutes is awesome!!! :carrot: