100 lb. Club - Accountability, menu, plans, exercise, stuff - Month of January 2011

Beverlyjoy
01-02-2011, 06:26 AM
Here is a place where you can put down your daily plans and intentions, menu, exercises, and more.

Feel free to join in!

Beverlyjoy
01-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Hi chicks... Happy New Year!

We were on the road for a week around Christmas time. Then we had to go to another city because my stepmom had an accident. She is doing OK now, thank goodness. I am glad to be home in my food comfort zone.

I think I need a sugar detox (LOL). No really... it's time to get back to eating more healthfully and moving forward in this area of my life. I let stress get to me and turned to food (my usual MO). Of course, it didn't work. I am hard headed. BUT - we can't change one thing from the past. Just learn from it and move forward.

I will be working on my usual things:
plan/log food exchanges
lots of water
stretches and strengthening
no eating while standing
no seconds
slow mindful eating
TASTE the food
fork down between bites
journalling
meditation

Have a great day!

Ruslana
01-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Daily Plan
Journal all food consumed
Take a 11 minute walk
Wear my pedometer all day
Reduce my Carb intake (even if its just one less pretzel!):eating2:

need :coffee2:

dgramie
01-02-2011, 09:55 AM
I did really well yesterday ....I made a pot of homemade beef stroganoff. I ate a bowl full and stopped. I use to would have had a plate full. I am proud of that choice.
Laying off eggs for a bit.
Today will be a bowl of oatmeal.
lunch will be a huge salad and dinner will be a chicken breast and veggies.

things i need to work on...
eating 3 small meals a day
exercising daily
drinking my gallon of water a day
spending time in prayer
not eating a bite of anything when im on the phone!!
Eat only when sitting at the dinner table.
organise my house one room at a time...or cabinet at a time.
PUT MYSELF FIRST!! something I have never done!!

mslynn
01-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Ok I usually don't workout on Sundays.
But I hope to keep my calorie count down to 1300 and no cookies today...

mj5
01-02-2011, 11:33 AM
I have restarted calorie counting. i can't workout until at least tomorrow, but if I feel up to it, I'll be at the gym.

Today we are having Christmas/going away party w/ my brother's and their families. I have no idea what the food will be, so I am going to do the best I can.

lottie63
01-02-2011, 11:46 AM
I continue to have stomach problems.

cutting out the gluten has improved my pain levels, my water retention is gone and my intestinal distress has gotten better along with my depression lifting.

but...

I have horrible pressure/fullness every single time I eat for hours and hours even if it's only a tiny bit of food.

this is putting a serious cramp in my sex life. augh. My stomach distends so huge I look pregnant, I measured and it's 6 inches bigger or so when this happens. that is kind of insane!

I ate last night around 11. it's been about 12 hours and I woke up and still feel full and bloated. (not nearly as bad or painful though, last night I could barely breathe.)

I am getting all this blood work and such cuz I'm trying to participate in a study, they said they will forward my results to my doc, so that's when I'll make a new appt with her. I get the bloodwork on tuesday.

I think I"m not going to eat today at all. I can't stand this feeling I just want one day free of it.

:(

mj5
01-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Oh lottie, that sounds horrible!!! I hope you can figure out what is going on!!

Ok, so I realized that I have lost 5lbs!! Obviously I have been sick and haven't been working out to get the loss, but I will admit I haven't been eating that great either...pretty much eating what sounds good, but in small portions. I am back to calorie counting too. I certainly want to keep up this trend!!!!!

I had hoped to feel up to doing something today, but idk....we'll see. My nieces let me borrow season three of Gilmore Girls, so I may just rest some more and have marathon LOL!!!

Have a great OP day!!!!

jab91864
01-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Well I'm back....lol.

Actually I've lurked a bit and not posted but haven't been on track in so long there didn't seem to be a point. I logged into my fitday this morning after weighing in and boy was that depressing. Updated my goal bar in my signature to portray my weight gain.

One day at a time or I will be overwhelmed , so my proclamation is that today will be better than yesterday... hey it's something.

Lottie~ I hope the blood-work will bring you some answers and soon you will feel better !!!

I wish every one a GREAT day op!!

dgramie
01-03-2011, 08:31 AM
lottie- bless your heart. I went thru a yr of mystery stomach pain. Never really got to the bottom of it even with ultrasounds cat scan and an MRI. Dr gave me a little pill librex to help with my tummy and it really helped. THey also told me to take fiber choice tablets and that helps more than anything. Do you have a gallbladder? All my issues started after I had mine removed. I will keep you in my prayers and hope t hey find some answers for you.

I got new walking shoes and a new sports bra...no excuse to not exercise now. LOL
Hitting it hard today!!

lottie63
01-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks everyone....today I feel awful, normally in the morning I feel better but today my left side hurts. I think I'll come home after work and take a laxative. :(

dgramie, no I don't, but it's been gone since 2006 without any real problems.

Slashnl
01-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi everyone! It's so good to be starting a new year! I'll say this even though I am showing a 6 pound GAIN over the past 3 weeks. Part of it might be TOM coming, but I know I have been so far off track. I'm not crazy upset about it, I knew it wasn't going to be great. And, today I started off with a trip to the gym, and some Body Pump. Back to normal eating, drinking lots of water and I want to make sure I get back to working out every morning. I know I felt better when I did.

Lottie: So sorry you are having problems. That's no fun! I hope you get to feeling better.

dgramie: Shoes and a bra!? You are so ready now!

Jab: Glad you are posting. I had to increase my ticker, too. Darn it! But we'll start moving it downward now!

MJ: Good for you on the weight loss! I hope you don't have to lose more because of being sick. Stay healthy!

Beverly: It is always good to be back in our safe zones!!

Mslynn and Ruslana: Welcome!!!

And, off we go! Have a great day and year everyone!

Purplefirefly
01-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Okay, I need the support to get going again so I am going to join in here again. I did really well yesterday, so that is encouraging me to keep it going today. This is what I need to do today:

1. Hit 500 calories burned on my Wii.
2. 4-6 bottles water
3. Stick to my eating schedule

I already missed my AM workout, but I'm not being hard on myself about that as the kids are out of school still and I have my nephew here, so it's difficult to get up and right to exercise. I will try again tomorrow and just focus on wii calories burned today.

I wish everyone luck today...take it one moment at a time and you will feel so good about your accomplishments at the end of the day!

Lottie, so sorry about the pain and extended stomach. It sounds miserable ((hugs))

jab91864
01-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Well I have added up my calories for today... 1,294 so I am happy with that.

Today's food

granola w/ milk
coffee w/crm & sugar (will be the last for a while I hope)
water
boiled chicken diced up w/celery & splash of lemon juice
triscuits
water
tomato soup
water

Had some soda cravings and stared a bit longingly at the vending machine in the breakroom at work... it had the jalapeno cheeto puffs I like..lol. But I was good. :carrot:

dragonwoman64
01-03-2011, 08:45 PM
I stayed on plan yesterday, as as of 7:44pm today stayed on plan (heh heh, don't worry, just skim milk with a fruit for tonight left). Went to the gym and did a work out yesterday too.

got to take this one day at a time and get back to the losing. Has been a lousy weight loss year for me :(

dgramie
01-04-2011, 08:31 AM
food was great and got some exercise in...
Today will be more of the same

Purplefirefly
01-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Yesterday was unusual so I didn't get to stick to my plan. We spent the entire day sitting in a car dealership as hubby picked out and got set up in a new car. It was a very long day and we went from 11AM to 8PM without eating...kids ate from the vending machines and had complimentary pop, but I was good and didn't get anything. it was all junk, so I decided to just wait and we ended up hitting Burger King on the way home. I was starving by that point, but I had a veggie burger and small onion ring, much better than what I would have ordered in the past.

It wasn't my plan, but I don't think I ate much calorie wise counting that and the oranges I had in the morning. I am just ready to get back and be perfectly on plan again today.

Oh, and I put on my mp3 player and walked circles around the house for 20 minutes before going to bed. Not my planned exercise, but it was something.

lottie63
01-04-2011, 09:33 AM
purplefirefly, good job! :)

I am trying to get in to this bipolar study (studying behavior modification, including diet and exercise, not drugs) so I am on a fast and am about to leave to get blood work done.

They will fax the info to my gp and I"ll make an appt with her in a week or two.

I'm nervous but hope that my labs look better than they would have three months ago or so.

mj5
01-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone! I can honestly say that I feel BETTER! Even GOOD today!!!!! I am going to rest today (I have today off), just to make sure....I already know tomorrow is going to be SUPER DUPER hectic (personnel issues I have to deal with...icky!)

jab--Welcome back!!! Exactly, one day at a time!

dgramie--Good for you! I bought some new cute workout clothes too!

lottie--hope you get feeling better soon!

Diane--I'm glad to get back to a normal routine too..the holidays were great (well, with the exception of being sick, LOL!), but routines are good!!!

Purplefirefly--Welcome back! One moment at a time and we will all do this!

dragonwoman--Great job!

I am about to put dinner in the crockpot...some turkey sausage w/ lots of veggies.

I will drink LOTS of water today.

I have a call with my Wellness Coach later this afternoon and am looking forward to finally being able to make plans/set some mini goals with him.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

Beverlyjoy
01-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi chicks - I've had three healthy days in a row. I am so, so grateful.

I have really been struggling with my bad eating in December and now my clothes are snug and my weight is up. I am having difficulty 'forgiving' myself and moving forward. I had some major binges. So - now it's a matter of not waiting to lose the December weight before I can feel good again. I am trying. (LONG post outside of this thread)

I haven't changed my ticker - ususally, if I gain I change it. Somehow, I can't 'face' it now.

However, MANYgood choices yesterday: I planned & logged my food, stayed within my plan, drank lots of water, did my stretches and strengthening exercises, ate seated only, slowed down (a bit), no seconds, journaled and more. So - I am moving into my routine - grateful for that.

Getting my eyes checked today. There's been a huge difference in my vision in the past few months. Must check it out.

I've planned my food for today and will try to carry on.

Have a great day.

Slashnl
01-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Well, day 2 of being back on plan. Feels good. I went to spin class and just about died. But, I brought that on myself by not keeping with it through the holidays. So, after this week, it should be a little better. Food is going pretty good so far, too.

Purplefirefly: You have a great start. It is a little frustrating to have those days that put you in difficult eating situations. But you handled it! That’s good!

Jab: As long as you just stare at the vending machine, you’re good! Ha!

DragonWoman: I can so relate to you. 2010 was not a good year for me for weight loss either. 2009 was great, but… So, let’s make 2011 great!

Dgramie: Way to keep going!

Lottie: Hope the labs are good for you.

MJ: So glad you’re feeling better!

Have a great day everyone!

Slashnl
01-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Dang it Beverly, I missed saying hi to you since we posted at the same time. I really hope you have a great day!!!

The Last Noel
01-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Hmm. I ate my max alotted calories yesterday so I think today will be a low calorie day. I've been having some serious problems with nausea which I think is a sign of dehydration. I need to up my water intake.

Goal for today is to walk an hour instead of just 30 minutes and to drink water constantly. I also need to eat a salad for some greens. Its been days since I had green vegetables and thats not good.

Bunti
01-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Day two on plan, even with disruptions yesterday. On Sunday I made a batch of my own "lean cuisine" type frozen meals to take to work so I won't be tempted by the junk there. Still working on self forgiveness for the holiday.

Purplefirefly
01-04-2011, 01:30 PM
However, MANYgood choices yesterday: I planned & logged my food, stayed within my plan, drank lots of water, did my stretches and strengthening exercises, ate seated only, slowed down (a bit), no seconds, journaled and more. So - I am moving into my routine - grateful for that.

That is a lot to accomplish in one day! Put some pride in that, string one healthy day together with the next, and before long holiday guilt will be GONE! Why not give yourself a week OP then if the scale is still up you "face" it with your ticker? Just suggesting in case it helps, if not tell me to hush :p

Purplefirefly
01-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Okay, give me your opinions on this: Do you buy clothes while you are actively losing weight?

Hubby gave me a $100 gift card for Lane Bryant for Christmas and I decided to hold onto it until I lose some weight, but I am really wanting to go spend it! I just feel it would be a waste since clothing fitting me now will hopefully not fit very long. Their clothes are not cheap for our budget right now, so I don't want to waste it.

What would you guys do in that situation? I wish he would have bought me the Wii games I wanted, but I of course cannot tell him that.

lottie63
01-04-2011, 04:44 PM
I still buy clothes, just because I hate to feel frumpy. ha. sometimes I'll buy them a smidge tight. ;) They last longer.

jab91864
01-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Purplefirefly ~ maybe spend some on a really nice "inspirational" outfit or item... something you can't wait to be able to fit in...

Another good day food wise 1,315 calories

Tea/sweetener
2 boiled eggs
6 triscuits
water

brown rice w/splash of olive oil & seasonings
mushrooms
celery
water

baked salmon
green beans
water

diet vernors

Was craving cola (so I bought some diet vernors to make myself feel better..I don't like the taste of diet cola)

lottie63
01-04-2011, 09:25 PM
I got my blood work and asked the doc about what was going on with my stomach.

She said it takes awhile to heal from the way that gluten tears up your intestines and it's good I had a chunk of time or two I didn't really eat. She said that prolly whatever I ate would irritate me since it was already messed up and healing from the gluten and it's evilness. :P

Been good for two days. :)

Purplefirefly
01-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Glad you got found out what is going on, Lottie!

I am having a hard night. I typically eat, eat, eat when the kids are in bed and the house is quiet, and hubby is out on the road. He left out tonight and I am mentally in binge mode, but holding back. I think I will stop working, go lay in bed, and just watch biggest loser and go to sleep. I will have more work to do tomorrow, but at least I don't binge and go off plan. Why does this have to be so darn hard?

lottie63
01-05-2011, 01:59 AM
ummmm.

apparently VITAMIN C is my problem with my stomach. I haven't taken it the last two days, I've been fine.

I took it tonight and not too long after my stomach got huge.

No more of that!

Beverlyjoy
01-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Hi chickies... yesterday was a healthy day (that's four) I am so, so grateful. My plan took many twists and turns during the day - but, I was flexible when I needed it. I was able to use my resist food techniques when I needed to. Grateful for that!

I stayed within my plan, drank alot of water, did a few minutes of exericse, wrote down everything I ate, was willing to reach out, ate seated only, had no seconds, and more. This is good.

I went to the eye doctor and have a new rx for glasses. That will make the world clearer. YAY

Today is a doctor appointment, helping my mom with her dead battery and working on my latest story.

Lottie - I am so glad you found out about vitamin c and how it's effecting your tummy. Glad you had a good discussion ith the doc.

Purplefirefly - credit for going to bed instead of eating!!! That's great. Good food plan. I do buy clothes while losing - mostly because, I am trying not to put my life on hold until the weight is off. Yes - I'll give myself a bit of time before addressing my ticker. That feels good.

Bunti - GREAT idea to put together your meals in advance. You are setting yourself for success.

Noel - yes, good idea to make drinking water a priority!

Slashnl/diane - YAY - two days and spin class (ouch). This is great.

MJ - so glad you are finally feeling better. I LOVE the crockpot. Hope all your 'stuff' goes well.

dgrammie - food good and moving... YAY. You are doing it.

ruslana - I am trying to reduce carbs too!

jab - good job walking awway from soda and snackies!!!

dragonwoman - glad you stayed with your plan - carry on!

Have a great day.

jab91864
01-05-2011, 08:28 AM
I can empathize with the wanting to eat at night. That is a major weakness for me. I eat dinner and it just seems to turn on this large CRAVE button that I have to struggle to ignore. I try to keep busy both my mind and my hands... a lot of times I end up at the other end of the house away from the kitchen on the computer.

Lottie~ that is good news about the stomach. I wonder if it's not so much the vitamin C but a filler used in that particular brand. I often see ppl who can take one brand of generic drug over another made by a different manufacturer.

I packed myself brown rice and veggies for lunch, off to work. I hope everyone has a great day OP!!! :)

dgramie
01-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Yesterday was a struggle but I survived it. I was in a snacky mode. I hate the snacky mode.
Got my dvd done and even a few min on the minitramp.

It amazes me how fast i lose the bloated feeling and how quickly my rings get lose again. Scales are inching down.

food is planned and dinner will include lots of veggies!!!

Purplefirefly
01-05-2011, 09:34 AM
First day back to school for my kids, but my son needs to stay home (pink eye, both eyes). I will be glad to have the days to myself again, but I liked having them here all the time as well. I mostly liked not having to get up early :lol:

Lottie -- So glad you discovered the vitamin C problem!

Beverly -- Awesome work getting back on track!

jab -- Night eating is one of my biggest obstacles to overcome this year, but I am determined to do it

dgramie -- Snacky mode is the worst, but I am proud you got through it successfully.

lottie63
01-05-2011, 10:18 AM
augh, so annoying, it may be a filler, I know they are gluten free at least. either way, whatever happened to my stomach was short lived. By the time I got off the comp I was fine, so I don't think that was my main problem.

I work today. I got called in yesterday, boooo! ha. oh well, more $$$. heh.

Slashnl
01-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone. Well, I have to admit I didn't go to the gym today. My hamstring was really sore, so I decided that I'll go walk at lunch, but I'll give it a rest so that Spin class tomorrow doesn't kill me.

Other than that, I'm doing well keeping on plan. Was tempted to go off today and have a fast food breakfast, but I stopped myself. Whew!

Last Noel: Good goals! Hope you have a good walk.

Bunti: That is a tough one sometimes, to stop beating ourselves up after a holiday of bad choices. Hang in there!

Purplefirefly: Maybe spend part of it now and then save the rest? I know, kind of a wishy-washy response, but at least you get to have something new now that you can enjoy.

Jab: Tough to break the cola habit, isn’t it? I had trouble with that!

Lottie: Wow, who would have thought that Vitamin C would do that?

Beverly: Glad you had a good day! I’m needing new glasses, so I am jealous!

Dgramie: Good for you, having lots of veggies!

Lizz
01-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Hello,

BIG BIG fan of accountability here. :) Or in other words someone with very limited self control. lol

Anyway, my food goal for January is to eat 1500 kcal/day on average. What I noticed so far from my first month of calorie counting and control in December was that when I aim at 1500 I tend to end up with 200-300 kcal more on average/day. I am planning to include here my daily calorie values for January if I may and am curious to see where that will leave me at the end of the month.

Happy accountability to all! :hug:

01- 2049
02- 1699
03- 1610
04- 1407 :)
05- 1521
06- 1550
07- 1463 :)
08- 1415 :)
09- 1409 :)
10- 1326 :)
11- 1326 :)
12- 1382 :)
13- 1449 :)
14- 1435 :)
15- 1295 :)
16- 1382 :)
17- 1408 :)
18- 1450 :)
19- 1486 :)
20- 1383 :)
21- 1369 :)
22- 1304 :)
23- 1358 :)
24- 1605 - oops, back to work, can you tell? :(
25- 1347 :)
26- 1478 :)
27- 1417 :)

jab91864
01-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Long day, but busy keeps my mind off of food...lol

Today's choices totaled 1360 calories

tea w/sweetener
water
cream of wheat w/sweetener

brown rice w/ mixed veggies
splash of olive oil and seasoning
water

tomato soup w/ spinach & navy beans tossed in
small pc of baked salmon
water

I put skinless chicken and veggies in the crockpot so in the morning I will be able to pack some up for my lunch at work.

Have a good night!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Beverlyjoy
01-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Hi Chicks - yesterday was a good day (5).... I am so, so grateful. I stayed with my plan. I roasted some veggies for the week and switched up my nonstarchy veggie soup with left over brown rice and some white beans.

Also - I did:
meditation
no seconds, ate seated only
left a bite on the plate
lots of water
stretches and strengthening
wrote in journal - also logged my food
tried to slow down eating - I really need to work on this.

jab - I agree - business does help in the extra eating department. Hooray for the crockpot. Good job staying away from the kitchen at night. I struggle often with this. That's when I think of the Five D's: Distraction, Drink lots of water, Distance self from that food, Deep breathing (very helpful) and Destroy it. (better in the trash than in you.

lizz - so glad you posted. Posting your daily totals is a good guideline

slash/diane - I hope that hamstring calms down. Rest it the best you can. Good job staying OP.

purpleff - it's nice to have some quiet time when the children are at school. It's a great time to work on yourself.

dgrmmie - hooray for getting through that snacky stuff and staying OP. - also doing your dvd. Yes, I agree - a few days of healthy eating does help get the bloaty feeling going away.

lottie - hope work went well and you are feeling ok.

Hi MJ.

dgramie
01-06-2011, 08:15 AM
lottie- please keep me updated on the bipolar study. My hubby has it and is a tough case. Meds just seem to have soooo many side effects. Winter is a calm time for him.

jab- i need to use my crockpot more often. It would be so nice to have my meat waiting for me at the end of the day of kids.I run an inhome daycare but have a hard time finding time to start dinner.

bev- would you share your soup recipe?

liz- its amazing how much posting your plan can help!

purple- you asked about buying clothes while losing weight...i shop thrift stores to get good deals on clothing that I dont plan to wear long. New clothes always give you a lift!!

slash- hope your feeling better!

snow in our forcast...im tired of winter!!
I really need to go and spend a day or so with my dd. She is 31 wks pregnant and has just moved into a bigger house and still has lots of unpacking to do. She has always been a stick but has gained 17lbs with the pregnacy and said to me...Gosh mom no wonder you feel better when you lose weight...this weight really slows you down.

Beverlyjoy
01-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Drgmmie - my soup was literally what I had in the house. I kind of used a WW no points soup recipe as my inspiration. (even though I am not doing WW) However, mine is a bit different. Important thing is to use lower starch veggies.

onion - chopped
celery - chopped
carrots - chopped
some sweet red pepper - chopped
handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced
can of green beans - drained and rinsed
can of spinach - well drained
quart of lite chicken broth
bay leaf
1/2 t ground thyme
1 t (? - a few shakes) oregano
a few shakes of pepper
a few shakes of garlic powder
t. evoo
(I may have put in a little Worsteshire Sause)

soften onions, carrots, and celery with evoo and a little water. Add the broth and everything else. Simmer an hour or more. Serve with 2 t. parm cheese (25 calories) The cheese really is good in this.

Yesterday I added 1/2 cooked white beans and 1/4 cooked brown rice, with the soup and parm. cheese. That was good.

This weekend I am going to make it with these veggies I have around: celery, carrots, onions, mushrooms, brocolli, parsnips, spinach, zuccinii and maybe cabbage. I am going to spice it with the bay leaf, basil and oregano.

I think an small can of tomatoes added to the soup would be a wonderful addition! Lately, eating alot of tomatoes give me indigestion. So I left it out.

I've been trying to get more veggies in.(at least 6 exchanges) So, I've been eating veggies as a morning snack. So I've been having a cup of this soup a few times.

I think you could put any veggie that you like.

Hope this helps.

Purplefirefly
01-06-2011, 11:48 AM
I am having one of those days were nothing goes right. I feel like it should be bedtime and it is not even 11AM, I feel a headache coming on, and since I haven't had a moment to eat anything I am having urges to just run and get fast food...only part of the headache is I cannot find my bank card, so I can't go get a darn thing, that might be the only good thing right now but it is annoying me, too.

The only good thing is I stepped on the scale for my daily weigh in and I have hit my weekly goal...now if I can just keep it there until Saturday for official weigh in and moving the ticker.

I am a stress eater, so I am scared to eat right now. I don't want to lose this sense of control I have had all week. Scary position, but I am determined to make it through.

mj5
01-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi! I'm here!!!! Oh goodness....things at work have been just horrible...my staff who are normally awesome are just falling apart at the seams....no one is doing their job, or taking responsibility, lots of finger pointing, gossip......UGH, the joys of being a manager! LOL!!! I literally have to do disciplinary action with every member of my staff. So draining.

Food choices and water have been good. I did not get to the gym last night since I was stuck at work so late. Good news is, my new zumba class starts tonight and I am VERY excited about it!

K, I have to run...I'll check back and get caught up just as soon as I possibly can.

Slashnl
01-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi everyone. Hamstring is much better. I think the one day of rest was good, but I also had trouble with food all day. I think that working out makes me feel like staying on plan. Why work that hard only to ruin it with bad eating? Ha! I went to spin class today. It was one that was really hard, but I made it through. I liked in that I could look back and say that it was a GREAT work out. But it was hard! Hopefully that will keep me on plan with food today. Body Pump tomorrow.

PurpleFireFly: Hang in there. Days like that are so difficult. It doesn't take much to resort to our old, bad habits! I hope your afternoon is better!

Beverly: Good to see you having success with some good on plan days!

dgramie: Yep, I'm with you. Tired of winter. We're not having snow, but just some cold days. Ick.

Jab: Gotta love a crock pot!

Lizz: Welcome! Hope you have a great year!

Slashnl
01-06-2011, 12:52 PM
MJ: I didn't get to add you to my post (it took so long to finish, I missed seeing your post). Do you think that the issues are a result of the economy? I know that here at our office, the morale is low not because of work issues, but everyone is wearing down with the poor economy. Bad habits surface, with the gossip and finger pointing.

lottie63
01-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I am having one of those days were nothing goes right. I feel like it should be bedtime and it is not even 11AM, I feel a headache coming on, and since I haven't had a moment to eat anything I am having urges to just run and get fast food...only part of the headache is I cannot find my bank card, so I can't go get a darn thing, that might be the only good thing right now but it is annoying me, too.

The only good thing is I stepped on the scale for my daily weigh in and I have hit my weekly goal...now if I can just keep it there until Saturday for official weigh in and moving the ticker.

I am a stress eater, so I am scared to eat right now. I don't want to lose this sense of control I have had all week. Scary position, but I am determined to make it through.

I"m an emotional eater too! I have started this habit of when I'm stressed or something, even if I"m feeling true, "haven't eaten in hours" hunger, I just will not eat until the stress has passed. Once I was fighting with my mom and wanted pasta so bad. and my bf had cooked and he doesnt measure anything, so I told him, sorry, I can't eat that. I waited four hours and I was soooo hungry! Then, I had a really big salad.

I find htat if I eat veggies I"m okay, sometimes I'll just have a salad when stressed cuz I know I can't 'handle' anything else without it triggering me.

You can do it!

jab91864
01-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Work was chaotic and we had a crisis and I actually opened the lid to the chocolate box in the back area but all I did was smell it....lol, like some freak but atleast I didn't cave and eat any.

Food was good... 1438 cal

2 boiled eggs
tea w/ sweetener
water

brown rice w/veggies
water

lg bowl of chicken veggie soup
5 triscuits
ice tea w/ sweetener
water

I love my crockpot, it makes things much easier for a busy life.

Purplefirefly~ I hope your day went better than it started!!!

I hope everyone is blessed with a great evening!!!

lottie63
01-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Today...was emotional.

My stomach was weird for a small bit, I got scared, but it's fine now, it wasn't what was happening before.

But then my one friend who I hadn't seen for a long time wanted to hang out.

Well, I have seen her since I"d regained 28 lbs that I"d lost of the 40 from last time.

BUT...seeing her fat didn't bother me quite as much as seeing her thinner does.

Mainly because she told me when she saw my 'before/during' pics, here:
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j469/weightlossjourney99/beforeandafterblack.jpg (when I was 299 before and then right where I am now as 'during')

Anyhow, she was like, "I can't see a difference."

Whatever, anyhow, she wants to hang out and I said okay without thinking. Then was panic stricken. I realized I am right back where I was when she couldn't tell a difference before, and I feel so proud and I just didn't want to deal with having pride in the back of my head being eaten away by doubt becasue we were hanging out.

So, I told her that, straight up, and told her I"ll see her after I lose another 30 lbs for the sake of my own sanity.

AUGH!

I was really upset. ThenI picked a fight with bf while he was at work (over text) cuz I didn't realize what was bothering me right away.

bad day.

:(

I'm gonna go exercise now.

ha.

dgramie
01-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Food was great yesterday and I wasnt in the snacky mode. I did eat a bit more at breakfast and it really seemed to help.
I took the night off from exercise. We had company.
Looks like I will be calling the dr this morning...UTI.

Purplefirefly
01-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the support on my bad day everyone! I ended up just eating grapefruit, raw carrots, ff yogurt...a pieced together but "safe" meal for me. Then i went to bed super early because literally everything went to **** all day long. It ended with a very passive-aggressive, mean spirited talk with hubby...I am not sure what is up with him, but I can't take much more of him talking to me this way so he needs to get happy or get out. I'm about to my breaking point. that on top of everything else was just too much, so I crawled in bed at like 7PM, watched a couple shows and grey's anatomy then went to sleep.

Crappy days and early nights has been the theme of this week, so hopefully I can have a better weekend.

Lottie: Your true friends are those who love you regardless of your weight and who don't make unkind comments when you are proud of yourself. She should be boosting you up and sharing in that pride with you, not making you feel worse about yourself. I would seriously think twice about the dynamics of the relationship.

I have a friend like yours and we have distanced ourselves because it is exhausting trying to "keep up" and feeling judged when something goes wrong. It's not worth it! Draw near to those friends that love you regardless.

dgramie: Sorry about the UTI, hope you feel better soon!

mj5
01-07-2011, 09:47 AM
SO very glad today is Friday. Busy weekend, but mostly good stuff...tonight hanging w/ hubby. He is on vacation for a week and I must say I'm a little jealous, but that's ok, he's certainly earned it! Tomorrow is a basketball game to watch my nephew play and my brother coach.....then we have to say goodbye to my brother for a year......he deploys to Afghanistan for a year. I am taking my niece and nephew to lunch while my sil takes my brother to the airport. They say their goodbyes at home, to spare the kids the horrible airport goodbye scene. I already know where they want to go to lunch, so I can plan for that.

Purplefirefly--How is today? Hopefully better than yesterday!!!

Jab--I LOVE the crockpot too!

Diane--Glad to hear your hamstring is better. Maybe it is the economy. We are also doing some changes (reconfiguring BUT it was made crystal clear that NO ONE was losing a job or changing jobs) and at one point everyone was going to have to apply for their own job...hard to explain, but because it is in a sense a brand new program, it would be new jobs....anyway at that point everyone was doing stellar work. As soon as they found out they didn't have to apply for their jobs....yep, everyone stopped doing not only the "extra" stuff, but the normal day to day stuff too.....these aren't new staff, these are experienced, well trained staff. AND to top it off, I'm the one being unfair and mean because I am holding people accountable for doing their job. Good times ;)

Lizz--Welcome!

lottie--I think you look amazing in both pics. I can totally see the diccerence in the 2nd pic. You are rockin that dress and boots!!!

dgramie--hope you feel better!

Beverlyjoy--Hi!!!

Zumba last night was awesome! I actually remember more than I thought from the regular classes, but it is SO helpful to have her teach the steps slowly and repeat them over and over. Honestly, its not the greatest workout (her regular class I am sweating buckets!), but I am moving, learning, and having a great time! I will re-start the Sat classes next week, too.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

lottie63
01-07-2011, 10:10 AM
So last night my stomach got wonky again. I ate the same types of food I ate on the days when it was fine.

I am convinced it has nothing to do with what I eat.

I'm going to try probiotics.

jab91864
01-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Lottie ~ I think the probiotics are worth a try, I know folks who swear by them. I think nerves are probably not helping as you had posted about being upset that day as well. I would maybe re-think calling that woman a friend. Maybe re-think what she had said , she was jealous and needed to tear you down a bit to make herself feel better. I hope you have a better day today!!! :hug:

dgramie ~ UTI's suck!!!!!!!!!!! I seem more prone to them now that I am menopausal . Good luck and feel better soon !

Purple ~ hopefully it is a passing thing and you will feel better about the hubby and life today!! :hug:

mj5 ~ I just had a nephew return from Afghanistan and it is very emotional. The year before his sister returned from Iraq. May you all be blessed with strength at this time!!! It sounds like you have a fun weekend planned, enjoy!!

Well today starts a change in routine and we will have to hope it doesn't effect my eating adversely... :carrot: I am off work for 5 whole days... :carrot:
Two yrs ago the company I worked for sold and I was fortunate enough to be sold with the plantation so I kept a job. It's slightly less money and I lost all my benefits including vacation time. I have finally managed to earn 3 whole days vacation time (I've never worked anywhere so long for so little ... lol) and they are letting me split my days around the weekend so it will feel like a vacation :D I got lucky because this is a big month for cutbacks and since vacation time comes from a different pocket they are happy to let me take the time off. Keeps me getting paid for my 40 hrs and shows they cut me back from their budget.
I have no plans to go anywhere but it will be nice all the same... my job is stressful.

So far I haven't eaten anything just having my tea and relaxing. Tonight will be a trial as my son is here and I promised him he could order pizza. I may buy myself one of those diet pizza's or make myself one since pizza is my all time favorite food and it will be a true test for me.

jab91864
01-07-2011, 11:47 AM
I think I am going to try making a variation of this recipe tonight... if I plan for it I have a much better chance of staying OP !!!!

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2008/01/personal-polenta-pizza.html

I like the idea of using polenta for the crust.

Beverlyjoy
01-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Hi Chicks - Happy to say that I’ve had another healthful day. I am grateful. I was able to resist food when I couldn’t sleep last night. My usual MO is to eat in the night if I can’t sleep - but, I did not. Yay. However, I may have gone over my planned daily calorie total slightly because I tried warm milk then wine before I finally fell to sleep.

Yesterday:
Plan/logged all food
Lots of water
Stretches and strengthening
Meditation
Left a bite, ate seated only, no seconds
Wrote in my journal
Slow eating - some of the time
Use no choice/red light
Need to work on: reading my info on healthy eating & Beck Book, really tasting the food, etc.

I aim for these tasks today.

One good things is that I've been faithful to eating at least 6 serving of vegetables each day.

I need to take my mom to an appointment. I’ll try to get back for personals if possible.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Slashnl
01-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone. Had a good, on plan day yesterday. I went to the gym and did Body Pump. It was a good workout. So, overall, a pretty good week. I am debating if I want to go to the gym tomorrow. I've got a lot I need to get done this weekend.

Lottie: I'm with everyone else. Life is too short to have "friends" who stress you out. If you can't rely on your friends to bring you up in the same way you can bring them up, then it isn't a healthy relationship. Hope your stomach gets to feeling better.

PurpleFireFly: Well, maybe the weekend will help you regroup and have a better week next week. Sometimes it seems like when things aren't quite right in one area, then the other areas in your life can be crappy. I hope things go better for you soon!

Jab: Enjoy your vacation!

Beverly: Glad you are having so many good days in a row! Yay!

MJ: Well, Zumba must be a good time. Even if it isn't the most hard-core workout, you still need to do things that are fun, too.

dgramie: Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Have a good weekend everyone!

jab91864
01-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Well I made the polenta pizza and have to say it was good.... I wouldn't mistake it for a pizza in the dark or blindfolded but it passed. I didn't eat any of the take out pizza which is HUGE for me!!!!!!!

I made my pizza on a cookie sheet so the base was thinner than in the original recipe. I topped mine with homemade pizza sauce, spinach, mushrooms, red bell pepper, carrots and a very very light sprinkle of low fat mozzarella shredded.

********edited to finish my day ***********

Food went well... Cal total 1338

Tea w/sweetener
water
banana

Polenta Pizza
ice tea w/ sweetener

apple
triscuits
2-lite laughing cow wedges
100 cal ff yogurt
water

lottie63
01-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Okay, new theory on my stomach. ha.

Since a bit after I went gluten free I've had off and on constipation. this last time it lasted about 3 days before I Took a lax, that was tuesday. half of tuesday, all of wed and thurs were okay until last night late and then this morning.

I haven't gone since tuesday. Also my hands get this weird smell sometimes. Like canned black beans, it's really gross. I have been trying to figure what causes it. It comes and goes in my life but over the last few months my stomach problems seem to be coinciding with my stinky hands.

So one time a few weeks ago I was like "I wonder if the current constipation is causing my hand stink!?" but then I was okay so put it out of my head. I'm constipated again, my hands have been stinking.

Is this weird or what?!

Anyhow, I read today that people who go gluten free often get constipated cuz of the lack of grains generally means you're not getting enough fiber!

So I went over my last couple weeks of spark (I track my fiber) and I went from 25-40 grams to topping out at about 11! I was SHOCKED! I eat so much veggies and brown rice I thought it would still be at least NEAR the acceptable range!

I'm going to start taking fiber/calcium pills and see if that helps. Until it kicks in I took a lax today. I hope to feel better tomorrow!

mj5
01-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Good Morning! I wanted to check in before my busy day gets started!!

lottie--I really hope you are able to find something that helps.

jab--Thank you very much for your kind words. They really mean a lot. This is his 4th deployment...it doesn't get any easier. Oh my goodness...your job does sound incredibly stressful. I have never heard of so little vacation time and no benefits like that. Fantastic job w/ the pizza!!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Congrats on another healthy day!!

Diane--Congrats on an OP day and getting to the gym! I am LOVING Zumba! I am actually disappointed that I can't go today.

So my brother's flight has been changed to Sunday. We are thrilled to have an extra day with him, but mentally its tough....so, I am not taking the kids out to lunch today. They will probably come over and hang out w/ hubby and I tomorrow while my SIL takes my brother to the airport. We'll watch movies and my niece and I will paint our nails...anything to keep them occupied. Like I said, they have been through this before, but it doesn't get any easier....thank goodness he is in communications and always has access to computers. They will be able to email and skype.

Have a great OP day everyone!

dgramie
01-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Went to the dr yesterday and the scales were awful.I was fully dressed in jeans and a heavy sweatshirt and shoes. My blood pressure was up so she increased my meds.
She said get the weight down and your blood pressure will come down.
I told her I was recommitted to losing weight and she said DO IT!!! She did comment then that I was fully dressed in winter clothing and its is post holidays.
Cant let that get into my head.
Im so glad I went to the dr because as the day went on my throat got really sore. Meds should take care of it all.
I didnt exercise yesterday, I went to bed at 7.

Today food is planned and will be POP!!

Purplefirefly
01-08-2011, 01:00 PM
I met my weekly goal!!! I am so happy, this was a really great ending to a horrible week. Kids are at my sister's so I am doing major cleaning through the entire house today, got the music pumping and just relaxing, feels good.

BBL for personals :)

Beverlyjoy
01-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Hi chicks - checking in today. I've had another healthy day yesterdy. Am always grateful for it.

Kind of have a tummy ache today. I think it may be all the veggies and fiber I've been pushing.

It's been a healthy seven days. Soon I'll get on the scale. I feel like my clothes are not so snug like a week ago.

Hope you are all doing well.

lottie63
01-08-2011, 05:55 PM
What does POP Mean? I keep seeing it here all of a sudden.

Beverlyjoy
01-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi chicks.. still a bit of a tummy ache. It's interesting that I want to eat just because I like to eat. However, my tummy says you better not eat anything spicy or too much or you'll be sorry.

Shout out to my accountability friends. Thanks for all your postings, ideas, and support to one another. Have a great day.

jab91864
01-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Morning all !!!!

Yesterday morning I got hit with a adware trojan almost as soon as I got online... I was juggling three screens (not this site) so not sure which site it got me at. :(
I spent most of the morning in safe mode cleaning it out. It was one of those system tool ones that tells you your pc is infected and takes over the whole system infecting everything and locks down your malware/anti-virus programs. It's a money scam to get you to "pay" for fake anti-virus stuff so they can get you cc info. :mad: And it had been less than 24 hrs since I had run both my malware programs and my anti-virus, oy!!

Anyway I am so very grateful I managed to take control again...lol.

Food was good yesterday ~ 1287 cal

tea w/sweetener
water
cream of rice
banana

lg salad
water

baked salmon
brown rice w/veggies
green beans
water

shot of peach schnapps :o

The scale has moved 8 lbs this week so I am happy about that :carrot: and I won't even spoil it by convincing myself it's water weight only...lol.

Lottie ~ I know OP is on point, not sure about pop sorry. Hope you are feeling better

Beverylyjoy~ hope the tummy is better , I know fiber can really do a number on my stomach when I first start to increase my intake. Hope you feel "right" again soon.

Purple~ Congrats !!!!

dgramie~ hope you feel better soon!!!! Don't let the scale screw with your mind, you will win!!!

mj5~ I had to go to youtube and look up zumba...lol. Looks like fun, I have NO co-ordination at all so I would definitely have to do it privately...lol

lottie63
01-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Heya everyone, I'm doing much better. Started taking fiber pills today after a couple days of taking lax, I feel MUCH better, not bloated or feeling pressure at all and I had lunch and was fine.

So, I'll SLOWLY increase the fiber pills and hopefully I'll stay okay without a messed up stomach. ha.

I'm having some issue now I might make a post about to ask the forum, I'm still losing and my boobs had gone from my last bra size which was a 44 F to a 42 DDD, I was pretty excited. :D

BUT...

All of a sudden I"m back in my F and I'm still losing weight! CONFUSION! I'm not due for my period for quite awhile. ( I get it every 3 months cuz of the pill) and I still h ave a good month left.

CONFUSION!

Has this happened to anyone?

Anyhow, not sure what I"m eating today. So far I had pasta and zucchini and squash. It was really good. :D

mj5
01-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi everyone! We had a great time last night hanging out w/ my brother and his family. I took healthy snacks (fresh fruit and low fat van. yogurt...everyone LOVED it). Today I hung out w/ the kids while my sil took my brother to the airport.

I made some really yummy egg sandwiches for breakfast for hubby and I. Pretty low cal and very tasty.

We are just going to relax and watch a movie this evening.

Beverlyjoy
01-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi chicks - Happy Monday to all. Yesterday was mostly on track. I couldn't sleep and ate a little extra. I still think I was in the very tip top of my calorie range. whew...

I am happy/flabbergasted a bit. On January first I weighed myself and the scale said 218. (I got on three times - it was true) I was horrified, depressed, mad, shameful for my crazy eating from stress of life and the accessability of the season. I felt this was unforgivable, then. I have been working my plan dilligently since then. I got on the scale today and the scale said 209. (down 9 pounds) I am so pleased. I'd like to think a portion of it is weight and not just water, etc. I am almost back to my ticker. I've always changed my ticker, but - just can't face it now. But, I feel like I can breathe a little. I've been beside myself. But, feel a little hopeful again.

I have to help my mom with some things today and do lots of office work, etc.

Yesterday, I accomplished a few of my daily goals - wrote down my food, wrote in my journal, lots of water, stayed in calorie range (barely), left a bite and did some planning for the week. Today I will strive for including many more. I am pleased, however, I did some meditations five or six times in the past ten days.

MJ - hi! - sounds like you've had a good visit with family. Kudo's for so many good choices and taking healthy food to the family gathering.

Lottie - I am glad you are feeling some better.

jab - wonderful weight loss.. it is not just water. YAY. Sorry about the computer stuff. I can't understand the folks that create the bad stuff to reek havoc on our computers?????

dgrmmie - I try to not look at the dr's scale. It's with clothes, etc. Your morning scale is the real accurate measure. Hoping the meds will heal your throat.

Purple - great! for reaching your goals. It's important. I LOVE that you have the music on while cleaning and getting all the movement goin' on.

Slash - I hope you can get to your body pump class.

I hope that you all have a great week.

jab91864
01-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Good Morning !!!!!! I'm really enjoying not going to work...lol, shame it ends on Wed.

Yesterday was a lazy day, spent the morning doing some light household chores , put on a pot of turkey chili and spent the rest of the day with my heating pad and finishing a book I've had on the back burner.

I have some errands to run today but with it being only 5 degrees out I'm finding it difficult to be inspired yet...lol.

Food was good yesterday 1230 cal.

Orange
tea w/sweetener
water

Fried cabbage w/onion,pepper, mushrooms...NO bacon but it was still good!!
Light balsalmic vinaigrette
apple
water

Turkey chili
triscuits
water

banana
water

No food plan for today but I'm working on it.

I hope everyone is blessed with a GREAT day!!!!

mj5
01-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Good Morning!

I am going to the gym right after work. I will do cardio.

Beverlyjoy--Great job on the loss...you are almost at that ticker!!!!

jab--I LOVE lazy Sundays!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!

lisanovak
01-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi all! I am doing Weight Watchers. As long as I track, I am good, but man, oh man, if I don't...it gets ugly! So, here it goes...

*Track, track, track, in otherwords, bite it, right it!
*Do WII Fit, WII Resort, or Just Dance at least 3 times a week. Just to get moving....
*Water, water, water
*Changing my internal dialouge.

We can do this....think of all things we have done in our lives that we thought we couldn't do...this is the same thing....(someone remind me of this little speech when I start to slack!)

Slashnl
01-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Hi everyone. I didn't make it on the computer this weekend, but had a pretty good weekend. I need to add going to the gym on Saturday. I haven't been able to talk myself into it yet, but when I was doing so well before, I was going to the gym 6 days a week, with Saturdays being a pretty easy day. So, that's my goal for next Saturday. I went to Body Pump this morning. It was a little better than last week, so maybe I'm getting my groove back. Yay!

I'm so far behind everyone, I'll skip the shout outs this time. Next time I'll do better! Spin tomorrow. I'm going to make myself go to the front row since I seem to push harder when I'm there. Funny thing is that there are only two rows, so why do I think I am so hidden in the back row??? Ha!

Have a good week everyone!

jab91864
01-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Hope everyone is doing well !!!!!!!

Yesterday was a good food day 1370 cal

morning star veg sausage links
2 boiled eggs
tea
water

orange
water

polenta pizza
1/2 cup of homemade spaghetti
salad w/light dressing
water

banana
water

diet vernors

Last day of my vacation, spending it with friends/family on a short road trip to the casino...play a couple penny machines. Gotta grab a bite and hit the road.

dgramie
01-11-2011, 08:16 AM
We are getting snow..its beautiful falling. Its such a relaxing feeling watching the snowfall and drinking my coffee. To bad my youngest has to drive to college in it.

Food is planned and so is exercise!!

mj5
01-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi everyone! I'll pop back later for personals, but I had to share....I lost 2lbs this week!!!! I am SO happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Off to change my ticker!

lisanovak
01-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi all! Yesterday was my weigh in day and I was up .8. But that is okay, that could be water.

Today:
Breakfast: Oatmeal

Lunch: Salad w/dressing on the side for dipping only
Afternoon snack: fresh fruit mix

Dinner: Grilled chick breast, salad, green beans

at least 64 oz of water

30 min on WII Just Dance :carrot:

Slashnl
01-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Hi all. Well I weighed myself this morning. I was actually up .4. That's not too bad, but I would have been much happier with a loss. I know I've been working out really well, but I need to really watch my food, especially on weekend. I don't want to lose focus on the weekends.

Anyway, went to spin this morning. The instructor said that it wouldn't be very intense. So, I bought into that... and it was pretty darn difficult! I will admit that last week's class was more intense, but this wasn't exactly easy. I'll have to ignore her when she says it is easier than normal. Yeah, right.

Jab: Have a great time!!

Dgramie: You must like snow way more than I do. I guess if you can stay home, it can be pretty. I’m so ready for spring!

MJ: Congrats on the weight loss!

Lisanovak: It isn’t too much of a gain. I went up a little too. We’ll see it start going down soon, I’m sure!

Have a good day!

BlueEyes83
01-11-2011, 01:21 PM
I lost 5lbs, so excited!!! :carrot:

This morning I had egg whites on a whole wheat wrap with peppers, onions and spinach (SO GOOD).
For lunch I am eating home made chicken soup. First time I ever made it by boiling the chicken carcass, not too bad. I used whole wheat pasta and stew veggies.
Then dinner is up in the air since I am going to the Bruins game tonight. This is going to be a big challenge for me since I normally feed and drink my face off during the Hockey game. I am keeping my fingers crossed I can stay on track. I am going to allow myself a beverage or 2 but no more.

I am preparing for a huge storm coming our way tomorrow, we are expecting 15+ inches here. I hope they call off work tomorrow. We live in Massachusetts where it snows every winter yet know one knows how to drive in it!

Well I hope everyone has an awesome day!

lottie63
01-11-2011, 01:47 PM
heya everyone!

I'm finally feeling better....my stomach has been good for a few days now, and my fibro flare is finally calming down. I might try and talk bf into us going out today for some lunch and a movie or something. If he ever wakes up! ;)

I've been doing well, On Plan still with food and water which is an improvement. Now that my pain and health issues are getting better maybe I can start exercising again tomorrow.

I had to call off work yesterday this pinched nerve or whatever in my back was sooooooo painful and my shoulders were hurting and rock hard. (bf thought he was feeling a bone! nope! shoulder muscle!)

No WAY I could wear a bra yesterday. lol.

mj5, good job! 50 lbs gone! Go you girly girl!

BlueEyes83
01-11-2011, 04:41 PM
lottie63 - glad to hear you are feeling better!

Congrats on everyone's weight loss!!

Beverlyjoy
01-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi Chicks - a quick hello. Yesterday was mostly good until right before bed. I need to do what I need to do to stay away from food when I am stressed. So far, so good today.

MJ - yay on your 2 pounds down.

mj5
01-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi everyone! Finally getting a few mins to get caught up. Hope you are all doing well.

lisa--welcome! I have just recently started tracking and WOW what a difference that makes! Yes, we can do this!!! .8 isn't bad and your right, it could be water.

Diane--Come on...get to the gym this Saturday. I am going to zumba Saturday am. It's going to be cold....but I'm going! Are you with me? .4 isn't bad, but yea...weekends are tough. You can do it, though.

jab--Hope you are enjoying the last bit of your vacation!

dgramie--Stay in and stay warm!! Good for you for planning food and exercise!

BlueEyes--Congrats!!!! Mmm, your breakfast and lunch sound yummy. How did you do at the hockey game?

lottie--I am so glad you are feeling better. Did you go see a movie? Thanks.

Beverlyjoy--You can do it!

Have a great evening!!! I'm going to go snuggle w/ the dogs until hubby gets home.

jab91864
01-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Morning everyone!!!

Yesterday sucked big time, my car wouldn't start so I didn't get to go with friends and play. The only day of my vacation I planned something and instead of having fun I was standing in the snow watching a flat bed wrecker load up my car. :( :?:
Visiting the mechanic wasn't in my budget this month...lol. I got my car back last night so atleast that is a plus.

Despite wanting to eat anything in sight yesterday I maintained. :dizzy:

Total food for yesterday 1415 cal

Arnold whole grain sandwich thin
Laughing cow cheese wedge
Light yogurt
tea
water

banana
cottage cheese
water

diet vernors

frozen oriental beef/broccoli
potstickers
brown rice
water

Today will be a better day !!!!!!!!

mj5
01-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Good Morning!

jab--that stinks about your car!!! Great job w/ food yesterday, though!

I am going to the gym tonight--legs/back weights. I can't wait for zumba tomorrow!!!

Have a great OP day everyone! Drink your water!

lottie63
01-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Morning everyone!

I work today. I called off monday cuz of a bad pain flare, today is not starting off that great. pain on my whole right side, shoulder, hip, knee and everything in between.

I need a new form of bc. I currently am on the pill, I take portia. I would run my packs together so I'd skip and only have it every 3 months. The lats three months I've had it once a month! I don't know what's going on but it's ANNOYING. (I have pcos so it lasts about 2 weeks to start with!)

Anyone ever take seasonale?

Slashnl
01-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Just a quick post today. I didn't go to the gym this morning, but that was planned.

MJ: Ok, ok. I'll go to the gym on Saturday. :)

lisanovak
01-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Okay, yesterday I did okay. I am doing Weight Watchers, so, here is how it broke down....

Breakfast:
Instant oatmeal - 5 points
glass of milk - 3 points

Lunch:
Salad - 0 points
dressing - 2 points

Snack:
Mixed Fruit - 0 points
10 Almonds - 5 points

Dinner:
Tuna Noodle Casserole - 10 points
1/2 a brownie - 5 points

64 oz of water

35 points total when I can have 38. Pretty good!

I was goinig to do WII Fit, but, just to darn tired. With all the water I have been drinking, I have been peeing every hour. Even in the middle of the night. I have not had a full nights sleep in weeks!

Today I have been pretty good too!

Breakfast:
yogurt - 4 points
Fiber bar - 4 points
glass of milk - 3 points

Lunch:
Healthy Choice Chicken and Dumplins soup - 4
5 Wheat crackers - 2 points

Snack:
Mixed fruit - 0 points
11 Almonds - 5 points

Dinner will be:
Salad - 0 points
dressinig -2 points
Baked Pork Chop - 4 points

1/2 brownie: - 5 points

64 oz of water

So, my total for today will be 33 points, with 5 left over....hmmmmmm what to do with those last 5 points?????? :?:

sharpie89
01-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Good afternoon all!!

So I have been hear before, and I really need to be back, I went to the doctor last week and found out I am at my heaviest weight of 306! I was not sad just surprised. We got to talking however and my new medication I have been on since September is the cause of my huge jump from 275 to 306. It makes me hungry all the time and makes me tired...not a good combo. lol After talking with him I would rather work on my diet and exercising then stop taking the meds, because I will then be in a worse place. So now I`m hear trying to start this process. I have wanted to loose weight since I was 10 or so, I have always been large. But since then I have lived with my mother and she has always been my crutch. However in the last few months I have moved in with my wonderful hubby and together we have some serious work to do with dieting. He needs to loose about the same amount if not more then I do. He wants to be motivated but he woent join me in walking, however he dosent cook I do! so he will eat what I make. lol so he cant tempt me with different foods. I am currently a student at community college working on a double major, I am getting my degree in Pastry Arts (a horrible place to be) and education, I plan on graduating this program in spring 2013 and then going to the state college nearby so I can major in education and become a teacher. Over all I am hear to have somebody to keep me accountable, and somebody to talk with about my weight loss, if I talk about it at home my mom gets jealous and my little sisters are both anorexic and get mad to hear about weight loss...I hope you all don't mind my blabbing...I would love to join you all. My goals for the moment are to eat well (1800-2000 calories) drink my water (100oz.) Walk .5-1 hrs, and do some cardio and burn some calories! I also want to try to stay positive and keep the emos to a minimum...it will keep my life on track much more effectively.

Today I have been eating great (i`m not following a specific plan-just eating 1800-2000 calories), and I have walked about 20 min. so far, I would like to do about 40 more today. I just need to stay on track for the rest of the day once hubby comes home, we have lots of things to run and pick up so it should be alright. Wish me luck!!!

jab91864
01-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Lottie~ you might want to check with your insurance a lot of them don't like the seasonale, although sometimes you can get the dr. to do a prior auth with the insurance company.

lisanovak ~ great job with the points!!!

sharpie~ welcome to the thread !! Maybe in time the hubby will join you in walking. Exercise is not my thing so it takes a LOT for me to go do something no matter how good it is for me. But I would think having someone to eat healthy with would make a big difference in itself. Pastry... wow that is gonna be hard...lol. I'm a foodie, love to cook new things and that makes it hard on me. I love the cooking channel. I have to laugh, a few years ago I was going to the gym everyday after work and in the evening there were few ppl there. I would get on the eliptical machine and put on the cooking channel and just go...lol. :dizzy:

Hi to everybody else !! :D

First day back to work was ok, sort of out of the groove which bothered me. I pride myself on being good at what I do and leaving out the smallest detail irritates me a lot. Today it won't happen.
I was so sore by the time I got home, I fell asleep with my shoulder heating pad on sitting up on the sofa before 8:30.

Food was good... total cals 1405

tuna w/light mayo
triscuits
banana
tea
water

brown rice w/soy sauce
orange
water

diet vernors
triscuits

morningstar chik pattie
oatmeal w/pumpkin puree in it and some honey & cinnamon
water

I just put some boneless / skinless chicken thighs in the crock pot with some spices so dinner tonight will be chicken and probably some leftover cabbage..

dgramie
01-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Well my baby turned 21 yesterday and got an engagement ring from her boyfriend. The ring is beautiful. She said they are not setting a date until after she graduates from college in may. SHe said something about next summer. Guess I need to really work hard and complete my weight loss goal. I was 307 jan 1 08.My dress was a size 26. I was miserable at my sons wedding with swollen feet and ankles. I decided I didnt want to be miserable when my daughters got married. By feb 09 I was 217( dress size 18) when my daughter married. I felt pretty and enjoyed the wedding alot more and was less self concious. SO now 2012 is coming and I want to be down to a size 14 or 12 and at goal 180 or less. IM hoping to find a perfect mother of the bride dress this time..this is my babys wedding.

Food was good yesterday but I didnt eat lunch so had a bit more at dinner...cant get into the habit of skipping lunch. My calories were still on track. I jumped on the minitramp for 10min and then did my walk dvd.

Im having trouble getting up to my full gallon of water....I know I need the full amount!!!!

Beverlyjoy
01-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday I squeaked by within my plan... whew! I am grateful.

I had a couple of appointments yesterday and on each reception desk was a full bowl of candies. But, I did NOT take any.

I have got my journal with all my daily tasks/goals written down and my food plan. It helps if I start my day with this in place. Ah yes... just need consistant willingness to do so.

One month from tomorrow - we will be going to Disney World. (we planned this last June - thought my surgery would have been long gone - oh well) Me, DH, Son, Daughter in Law, grandson (turning four), "DIL's twin sister, daughter in law's parents, DH's sister, and our 18 year old neice. It will be quite a crew. I ordered a motorized scooter for the park. My foot/ankle can't do all that walking. I think it will be a very humbling experience. But - everyone's excited because if you have scooter or wheelchair, everyone get's to go to the front of the line. Who knew??

Dgrammie - congrats on your daughter's engagement. Sometimes it helps to have a certain event. You CAN do this.

jab - hope your shoulder feels better soon. LOVE that crockpot.

sharpie - so glad you post. Good job on all your walking and counting your calories.

lisa - your plan looks good. I hear ya on all that water. Maybe try drinking most of it during the day. Might help with the getting up at night.

slash - sorry you couldn't get to the gym. I know you'll get there soon,

Lottie - hope you feel better soon.

mj - great planning for the gym. Enjoy Zumba today!!!

Have a great day!

mj5
01-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone! I had another healthy day yesterday. I didn't get to the gym (weather related...), but can't wait for zumba tonight! I will do my legs/back weights tomorrow.

lottie--Oh dear, I hope you are feeling better. I've never taken bc, so I can't help you there.

Diane--Ok, and I will go to zumba :)

lisa--nice job w/ your points!

sharpie--Welcome! This is a great place for accountability and support.

jab--yea...back to work is always tough for me! LOL!

dgramie--Congrats to your daughter! That's a great goal for you.

Beverlyjoy--Great job! Your trip sounds like so much fun!!!

Dh and I did cleaned our the refrigerator and cupboards last night. We were able to get rid of a lot of "bad" stuff that we just don't want to be tempted by or don't use anymore. It felt really good to get that stuff out of there. It was kind of funny too...to see how much the contents of our cupboards have changed...most of the processed, icky stuff was pushed to the back and some had even expired.

Have a great OP day!

Slashnl
01-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Hi all. I made it to spin class today. It seemed really hard, but I can't say that it has ever been easy. I need to watch my eating today as I wasn't very good yesterday. I need to figure out something to do on Wednesdays at the gym. I had been going to a yoga/pilates class and I just don't like it very well. I know that it is good for flexability and probably if I stayed with it, I could get a lot better at it. But, I just feel so uncomfortable trying to do the moves. Maybe I'll just get on a treadmill or eliptical on Wednesdays. I stay on plan better when I've been to the gym.

Lisanovak: I hear you about drinking all the water. I think that once your body gets used to it, it isn’t quite as bad.

Sharpie89: Welcome! I hope that this thread will be beneficial for you! Pastry Arts as a degree is so cool. I just love cake decorating and fancy breads.

Jab: Hopefully today at work will be better for you!

Dgramie: That is motivation, planning for a wedding! Good for you with the weight loss you have already had.

Beverly: So, have you rescheduled your surgery? Sounds like you’ll be having lots of fun at disney!

MJ: Have fun with Zumba tonight! Oh, and you can come clean my cabinets now. Ha!

BlueEyes83
01-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Aweome job everyone, keep up the great work :cp:

Well my little monthly friend came along last night so I know I am up on my weight. I will not weigh myself until after it has stopped.

Tuesday I did really well all day until I got to the Bruins game, I drank, ate pizza and nachos and then of course after the game my roommate wanted McDonalds. I could resist and got something there too. Damn me! But I was back on track yesterday. I did not eat breakfast (i know, bad me :() then for lunch I had a lean cuisine and some pretzels. For dinner I had pork, veggies and a baked potato. I took a day off from exercising yesterday but i think I made up for it shoveling the snow.
I will defiantly being walking on the treadmill tonight as long as my cramps aren't to bad :p.

lisanovak
01-13-2011, 02:03 PM
WOW girls! We have been pretty good, (even w/pizza and nachos). We should be proud of ourselves!

Diane-you should get a gold star for going to spin class. I did that once....ny backside hurt for a week! Not my cup of tea!

Sharpie89-:welcome3:

BlueEyes-don't be so hard on yourself....ONE DAY AT A TIME

mj-Zumba is such a blast....good for you!

BeverlyJoy-I WANT TO GO!!!! :tantrum:

dgramie-Wedding is a good goal..as for the gallon of water, you will be spending a lot of time in the little girls room! LOL!

jab91864-Great job on your counting! :cp:

Last night I did 30 min on WII Fit. Plan on doing the same tonight. My food for today is pretty much the same as yesterday....main thing...FOCUS!!!!

Hope you all have a wounderful day!

sharpie89
01-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Thank you every body for the welcoming posts!!!

Today I actually got up with my hubby and we had coffee together (im still on break from school so i have been sleeping in till 8 insted of my usual 6!) It was a nice change of pace. I found out today that I am getting a wii fit which is really exciting! My dad also told me I can have his recumbent bike, because he always works out at work, and his wife never uses it. So that was great. I usually like to walk outside, and I do like 8 times a day with my dog but we live out in the middle of nowhere and the wind makes it unbearable to be out for long. So I have been walking inside with dvds, the bike should be a nice change of pace.

So far today has been great and on plan, even though I have already had drama with my family...I'm not gonna let it get me down! So this is going to be a great day!

Good luck with your day everybody!! I'm off for a quick mile dvd before the craziness of my day will start.

jab91864
01-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Morning everyone !!!! :D

Yesterday's food went well. I stopped at the grocery store to pick some things up after work and I noticed by the time I got home I really wanted to EAT, but I stayed with what I had planned so I am happy about that.

Total cals yesterday... 1373

tea
water
2 boiled eggs

brown rice
mixed veggies
1/2 cup of turkey chili poured on top
orange
water

chicken thighs (boneless/skinless) stewed in crockpot
leftover cabbage
water

diet vernors
1-laughing cow wedge

I hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

dgramie
01-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Great job everyone staying on plan or close to plan!! IT will pay off!!!!!!!

I have decided to donate a lb of food to our church food pantry for every lb I lose this year.

lottie63
01-14-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm in a better mood today.

Need to get ready for work. I woke up happy though. That's a plus.

Purplefirefly
01-14-2011, 10:27 AM
:wave: hi everyone! :wave:

I am still around. My daughter made a competitive tumbling & trampoline team, so her hours in the gym have gone from 1 to 3 a week...and my son is about to start karate and their daddy has decided he no longer wants to be an active father and is moving back to NC...so, there has been a lot going on.

We have a car and truck, I drive the car, but he is taking it with him. So, I have about a week or two to get my own vehicle but I need to get my 1099 first so i have proof of income....so frustrating! I have a lot of mixed emotions over him leaving, but this time it's not devastating. I have a sense of closure and finality...like I gave him one last chance and he really just doesn't want to be here with us, so I support him leaving and hope he maintains relationship with the kids. It's not what I want for my kids, but I cannot force him to stay, ya know?

Anyway, enough of that! I am working more in expectation of single mother struggles, so I may not be checking in as often.

I did lose 1 pound this week so far, but there is no way I can make my weight goal for the week (weigh in tomorrow). But, taht is okay! If I can go through this emotional drama and everything else and still lose 1 pound, I am proud of myself.

And I am proud of you all..I have been reading along and so many of us are really struggling to stay on plan and make healthier choices...keep going girls! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

mj5
01-14-2011, 10:32 AM
I take back everything I said about the beginner class zumba not being a great workout...LOL!!!! Oh my goodness, she really stepped it up last night. It was awesome!!!! I can't wait to go to her regular class on Saturday.

Looking forward to spending some quality fun time w/ hubby this weekend.

Last night I set up dinner in the crock pot. All I will have to do when I get home is make some brown rice to serve with it--it's called spanish chicken. I can't wait to try it.

lisanovak
01-14-2011, 10:37 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY!

Today I am feeling a little out of sorts. I just found out the my friend is on round 3 of cancer. This time of the brain and spine. I go for my 6 month check up next month and it has me a bit freaked out. :yikes: She is the second person I have heard of if the last 2 days where their cancer came back. So, what to do? Do I give in to fear and eat and hide or do I fight back????? FIGHT BACK! I WILL STAY ON PLAN, I WILL WORK OUT TONIGHT FOR AT LEAST 30 MIN ON WII FIT. As for this weekend....stay the course, focus, have GOOD internal conversations (you all know what I mean), and get in some exercise.

I went to Shop n Save last night and got lots of fruits and salad stuff, chicken, healthy food. So I am set for the upcoming week.

You may not hear from this weekend. It is hard to get some computer time with 2 teenage boys who want to be on line with their X-box all weekend. But I will try to check in. If not, I wish you all a GREAT WEEKEND! Hang tough girls!
:strong:

Slashnl
01-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Went to Body Pump today and it was a "new release" day. OMG. It was brutal. Just sitting here at my desk, I can feel my hamstrings getting tighter and tighter. I better drink a bunch of water so that I don't start cramping. The instructor said that this was a more challenging release, and that is such an understatement. Ha!

So, going into the weekend, I need to keep on track. I don't want to blow all the hard work by eating too much this weekend.

BlueEyes: That’s good that you didn’t let a little slip turn into a major off plan event. Good for you!

Lisanovak: Keep working out! Keep positive! Hiding will not help, and you already know that. I’m sorry about your friend, though.

Sharpie: Drama is such a killer for the day. Don’t let it get to you!

Jab: Way to stay strong after the grocery store. That can be tough.

Dgramie: That’s a great idea to donate the food.

Lottie: Happy is good!!

Purplefirefly: I am so sorry that you have to become a single mom. It might be that you will be happier with your life in general, but I’m sure your running around and workload will be greater. I hope you have some people you know there that can pitch in and help! Keep going with staying on plan and making healthy choices.

MJ: Glad Zumba was a good workout! I don’t want you just having fun out there!

Have a great weekend!

BlueEyes83
01-14-2011, 01:37 PM
WooHoo, it's Friday!!

Well yesterday was a good day, I stayed on track and feel awesome today!
Yesterday I had..

Breakfast:
Jimmy Dean D'light breakfast sandwich
apple

Lunch:
sandwich with pork and cheese
Special K crisps <-- my new favorite snack!

Dinner:
Lean cuisine
4 chicken teriyaki
3 adult beverages (raspberry vodka, soda water and lime)

I went out last night which I normally don't do during the week. We went to a Chinese food restaurant to sing karaoke. I had enough calories left over from the day to have a couple drinks which was nice! I stayed away from beer and stuck with a low calorie drink which was actually pretty good :).

So tomorrow my friends are talking me out for my birthday (which is not actually until Monday). I know that I will not be on my diet tomorrow night but I plan on being on it during the day and get right back on track Sunday. I am now down 6lbs :). I know I said I would not weigh myself until my monthly friend is gone but I couldn't help myself :dizzy:.

I will more then likely not be on all weekend so I hope all you ladies have a fabulous weekend! :hug:

Beverlyjoy
01-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Hi Chickies - Checking in. Yesterday was mostly good. I did quite a few of the daily healthy living tasks I am striving for. I need a little improvement to the waking up in the middle of the night. I need to come up with a strategy for those times.

Still aiming to include these in my day:
eat seated only
no second helpings
lots of water
exercise
meditation
TASTE the food
slow mindful eating
plan/log/measure food
write in my journal
try to feel fullness (I think that might be broken on me..LOL)

Have a wonderful weekend, friends.

jab91864
01-14-2011, 08:04 PM
dgramie ~ that sounds like a great idea about the church pantry!!!

lottie ~ happy helps doesn't it !

Purple ~ sorry you have been put under so much stress, hopefully things will level off soon for you and the kids !!!! :hug:

mj5 ~ you sound like you are lovin that zumba :D , good job on the crockpot it makes a hectic day so much easier.

lisanovak ~ HaPpY FrIdAy back at ya !!! Sorry about the health issues and you're right on track with the attitude, fight back !!!

Slashni ~ hope you are recovering from body pump :carrot:

BlueEyes ~ Congrats on the weight loss !!!!! :bravo:

Beverlyjoy ~ have a GREAT weekend!!!!!!

I'm glad it's Friday, off for the next two days. Left work with a horrible headache today. I tell myself stress kills, I have to learn to let go and not worry about all the little things I cannot change...

Todays cals... 1406

mg cheerios
skim milk
tea
water

orange
bannana
light yogurt
water

homemade chicken veggie soup
some leftover cheese tortellini tossed in the soup
cottage cheese
water

diet vernors
Well looking at my fitday chart here are my calories for the week...

1-8 = 1287
1-9 = 1230
1-10 = 1370
1-11 = 1415
1-12 = 1405
1-13 = 1373
1-14 = 1406

sharpie89
01-15-2011, 12:12 AM
Yeah the drama sucks..I had a major break down last night...hysterical but I kept strong and I didn't turn to food...So that was great! I was mostly on plan today, I didn't make the best food choices but I was under my calories...so that is still sorta good. I went and did a two mile walk today and it was great! Yesterday I was on plan all the day and I jogged one mile! it was great to finally do that! I haven't done that since i was in sixth grade! lol

dizzybizzy5
01-15-2011, 12:36 AM
Hello everyone! Today was a great day! I danced my bum off with the WII, drank all my water, and weighed in 3 lbs lighter! Love how happy and proud I am feeling and I really thinking coming here and checking in every day is helping me.

lottie63
01-15-2011, 02:53 AM
So, I know a lot of you guys might remember when I was having pain issues and in school and it was a huge stress?

Or maybe not. I don't remember if I was here much then or not.

Anyhow, I had a 4.0 at a business school and had to drop out cuz I fell and went into a severe fibro flare and it took months to come out of it fully.

Now, I've gotten my pain under control, my bipolar is under control...I'm doing good.

I think I might take a distance learning course with my local comm college to get an associates of science and transfer to another online course.

I want to be a nutritionist.

I figure by the time I"m done I'll be at a healthy weight. lol.

dgramie
01-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Great plan lottie...hubby is bp also and I understand the struggles.

I had a great week even though the scales stayed the same. You know what its not going to get me...Tom is here and for the scales to be the same as last week is a huge success!

lottie63
01-15-2011, 12:40 PM
dg-the bp wasn't much a bother, it was fibromyalgia related. I fell...and it caused a lot of pain issues for me.

luckily I seem to have the bp under control for going on 4 years now.

Beverlyjoy
01-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Hi chicks. Yesterday was mostly on plan. We went to a memorial service for a wonderful friend (age 90) who passed away last month. He was the founder of our storytelling guild - a kind and generous soul, too. And, a wonderful storyteller! In fact, when he retired he went to East Tennessee State and got his masters in storytelling at age 68! It was a grand afternoon with many of his family members & friends, lots of pictures, a video, and many stories! I haven't seen a lot of my storytelling friends lately - with all my foot/ankle stuff. So I was glad to get a chance to visit with them too. There were wonderful looking cookies, coffee and punch after. I grabbed a bottle of water and carried it around. After that I never went near the food table.

DH brought home two cookies for later. He ate one and that's all he wanted. I tasted the second cookie and decided it just wasn't worth it. So I dumped some dish soap on it and into the trash it went. YAY

Today is hanging at home. Maybe my mom will come over for supper. I've been making alot of soups this week. The freezer is full with healthy 'go to' foods.

Have a great day.

jab91864
01-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Well the good news is the scale moved down 2 lbs.... :carrot:

I'm running on empty though. I had planned on yesterday being quiet after I shoveled the snow, but my daughter's car broke down on her way to my house and since she is an unemployed college student mom's gonna get the bill.
Brake line blew out and thankfully she was able to pull into a parking lot and coast to a stop against the parking curb. I had it towed and left at the garage I use for service. I guess it's my month to help fund his winter bills...lol. I was up all night thinking and re-thinking how to re-work my budget again this month. :(

I hate winter
I hate cold
and I hate auto problems... not exactly in that order but you get the idea.

I had put half a bag of dried bean mix to soak yesterday and it's now in the crockpot on it's way to becoming soup.

Yesterdays calories.... 1047

pumpkin pancakes (I added dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and pumpkin puree to a reg. mix)
drizzled honey instead of syrup
coffee w/sweetener & low cal fake creamer
water

whole grain light bread
bocca chicken pattie
slice cheese
cottage cheese
diet vernors

orange
special k crackers
water

I had worried I would have a hard time staying in my calorie range originally after making the pancakes but then as my day went down the toilet so did my appetite...lol. So I ended up being low on the calorie scale.

Have a great day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mj5
01-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi everyone! Yesterday was mostly on plan. Zumba was AMAZING!!!! One of the new dances was a Irish step dance type....WOW. Major leg workout.

Purplefirefly--I am so sorry to hear all that you are going through. You can get through this.

lisa--I am sorry to hear about your friends. YES, fight back. Great food shopping trip!

Diane--Sooooo, did you make it to the gym yesterday?

BlueEyes--Nice job while out w/ friends. That's always hard.

jab--I am LOVING zumba. It is SO much fun and my instructor is awesome. Hope your headache didn't last too long. Oh my...so glad your dd is ok!!! yea, car repairs stink!!! good luck w your budget.

sharpie--yep, drama sucks!

dizzybizzy--Great job!!!

lottie--I think going back to school to be a nutritionist is a great idea!!!

dgramie--keep up the good work!

Beverlyjoy--what an awesome celebration of a long, wonderful life. Great job!!

Today is a lazy day w/ hubby and the dogs. I have dinner in the crock pot and we are just taking it easy today.

Have a great day!

jab91864
01-17-2011, 07:48 AM
Gonna be running all day, have to leave for work early so I can stop at the mechanics this morning at 8 about fixing my daughter's car. Got my fingers crossed it's not going to blow my budget for next month as well... Yeah I'm stressing already !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterdays calories...1386

brown rice
turkey chili
cottage cheese
water

venison burger w/cheese
light whole grain bread
water

cup of bean soup
2 oranges
water

diet cf coke

I hope everyone has a GREAT day OP and otherwise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dgramie
01-17-2011, 08:29 AM
hi...I had a good weekend and hoping this week will go smoothly as well. Food was good and i was able to walk outside. We have ice and sleet coming in today and then rain and then more snow for later in the week. IM SO READY FOR SPRING!!!!!!!!
I have my food ready to donate to the church food pantry today. It feels good!

Beverlyjoy
01-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Hi chicks - my last two days have been mostly on plan. YAY

However, I did overeat before I went to sleep last night. It really makes me mad because I had many positive food behaviors the past two days. But, yesterday was 'sloppy' during the day. Still on plan, though till evening. I have been so tired - the past 6 months my sleep patterns have been very off kilter. I am mad at myself for 'giving in' to the food.

I've read that if when eating something that's off plan & you are having a conversation with yourself that you maybe/probably should not be eating it - then use that as a cue to stop. I did have that conversation in my head, but, I chose to disregard it. Phooey.

My new 'routine' is to fall asleep by 9:30 -10 pm and wake up at 1 or 2am. This has started of late. By 8pm I am so, so tired and easily tempted by my old 'friend' (not really) food. I am trying to stay up to 11pm tonight and see if I can shift this until more reasonable hours. Maybe if I sit in an uncomfortable chair I can stay awake. You see, I've been falling asleep in my comfy recliner.

some good things this weekend: planning/measuring/logging, leave a bite, meditation, lots of water, daily exercise, read helpful literature, tasting, slowing down sometimes, a little journal work....

My blood pressure has been borderline high for six months. I need to be following a low salt food plan. That makes me mad, too. LOL Oh well.

I have planned for a healthy day today!

Have a great day!

mj5
01-17-2011, 09:48 AM
Good Morning!

jab--Good luck at the mechanic!

dgramie--I could go for some warm weather...it's single digits here today, BUT the sun is out...that helps.

Beverlyjoy--I had to laugh...I have been falling asleep in my comfy recliner too! I try so hard not to, but I get so warm and snuggly w/ the dogs....

I stayed away from the scale today TOM is here and well, that's never makes for a good time on the scale. Food choices this weekend were good. Water was MUCH improved.

I am wearing one of my favorite pair of jeans today and they are loose in the waist!!! LOVE that feeling!!!!

I am going to the gym today. I will lift weights (legs/back).

Have a great OP day!!!

Oh! I almost forgot!!! I heard from my brother last night. He is in Afghanistan. He is not at his final destination, yet, but should be sometime today. He has been traveling all week. It was great to hear from him!!!

Slashnl
01-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Hi everyone. Went to Body Pump this morning. It was much better than Friday, but still is a killer workout. I weighed myself this morning and I was up 2 pounds. I'm really ticked off about that. I have been doing so well with workouts and drinking water, I'm guessing that I'm getting more food than I think. I have been keeping track very well during the week, so maybe weekends are killing me. I don't know. I'm going to have to really watch it this week and try to figure out what the problem could be. Irritating.

I'm still in a bad mood about it. I guess I better let it go and move on.

dgramie
01-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Good day yesterday...got in my dvd and food was perfect. Scales went down a bit...getting close to being out of the 30s. Cant wait to stay goodbye to them forever !!!!

jab91864
01-18-2011, 08:05 AM
It's snowing again.... bring on spring already...lol.

dgramie ~ yes it should be spring!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beverlyjoy ~ try not to beat yourself up, today is another day!! I hear falling asleep in the recliner, it's become my routine lately. My heating pad helps to ease my pain and I guess I just start to relax and I'm gone....

mj5~ survived the mechanic bill, it was painful but my daughter's car is back on the road and she will be able to make the hour drive to college, for that I am very grateful.

slashni ~ maybe it's muscle :)

Yesterday was cold, even my fingers were icey at work , today the temps should be a little higher so hopefully it won't be as bad. It's still snowing though :(

Going to throw some chicken & veggies in the crockpot for dinner tonight.

Yesterday's calories... 1242

cheerios
skim milk
tea

orange
apple
bannana
water

cottage cheese
special k crackers
turkey chili w/beans
sf pudding cup
water

I hope everyone is blessed with a GREAT day !!

mj5
01-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Good Morning! I had a great workout at the gym last night. I felt stronger. That's a great feeling!

Diane--Ugh, I hate it when that happens. Yep, you know what to do.....keep better track during the weekends and see if that is the culprit. You are due for a whoosh!

dgramie--great job!!!

jab--oh my goodness, I know!!!! We are getting the lovely "wintry mix"...it was sleet when I left the house this am. ICK!

lottie--how are you doing?

Today I will talk to my wellness coach. I will go to the gym--cardio tonight. I will drink LOTS of water.

Have a great day!

Slashnl
01-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Hi everyone. I didn't get to the gym this morning. My 16 yo daughter was sick this morning, so I was checking on her before coming to work. She'll live, but she's staying home today. We'll try it again tomorrow!

MJ: Good job with your workouts!

Jab: Add me to the list of those looking forward to spring!

dgramie: Congrats on the weight loss!

lottie63
01-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Heya, wow I am SO behind here!

Still On Plan, actually, today is day 90 of being On Plan.

Kind of excited. :D

I walked some yesterday, going to kinect today. Feeling better, not hurting anymore. Yay for birth control. AUGH, fibro, screw you! haha.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I posted a review of the new lane bryant right fits. (they revamped!)

The review is in my blog, link in siggy.

Follow/add me on there if you have a blog I'll follow you too! :)

lisanovak
01-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Happy Tuesday Chicks!

Had a really good weekend.....OP ALL THE WAY! Did WII Fit 2 days in a row! Yeah Me!

Weight in last night at Weight Watchers and am down another 2.4! Pretty excited.

Today:

Water, Water, Water, Water, oh, did I mention water?

Yogurt w/stawberries and peaches - 3 points

Fiber One Bar- 4 points

Clemintines - 0 points

Salad - 0 points

Salad Dressing for dipping - 2 points

3 pieces of Imo's cheese pizza - 18 points

That is 25 points right there.....Dinner will be another salad....not because I was bad with the pizza, but that is what I have planned. My hubby is making meatloaf for the rest of them, but it isn't my fav, so no big deal.

Feeling pretty good, and hope you all have a great day.

Lottie - glad you are feeling better.

Slashnl - Hope your daughter is feeling better.

mj5 - Good job making it to the gym on a Monday night!

jab91864 - I think I just might come over for dinner tonight! LOL!

dgramie - WAY TO GO! Keep it up!

Beverlyjoy - I have those converstations with myself all the time....hang in there.

Beverlyjoy
01-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Hi friends/chicks - Monday I was on plan. I am grateful. It was a challenging day - but, I did it! When I saw my doctor last week she said that my blood pressure has been borderline high for the last 6 months. (Stress maybe ) She said to check out the sodium in my daily food. Well, it's way way too high. She suggested that I watch my salt. So - yesterday I figured out a plan that included: low salt, soft food (tmj popped out 2 weeks ago), easy on the tummy (I've had a tummy ache for months), enough fiber, and within my calorie range. Whew. I did it. I got rid of the salt added canned foods and will replace with fresh, frozen or no salt added.

I gave my salted canned goods to the food bank - if I didn't think DH would eat it.

I am sorry I haven't had time for many personals. I am cheering you on! Should have more time on Wednesday.

I am reading what everyone is saying and doing. I appreciate all your support, friendship, and wisdom.

lottie63
01-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Well today was good. I mostly worked on getting my blog out there and doing some social networking.

I made a facebook page for my blog if anyone here on facebook would like to add me.

This might work. ha.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002020117304

jab91864
01-19-2011, 07:49 AM
It's snowing :( and I am dragging this morning... oy

Somebody called in because of the snow yesterday... we're rural and the more in the sticks you are the longer you wait for a plow to get to your road. So I ended up working later and with less staff so it made for a long day. I would have adjusted my food differently had I known ahead of time so I didn't have long periods of hungry.

As it was I did ok. Total cals 1439

banana
triscuits
water
tea

cabbage
apple
bannana
water

york peppermint pattie (this was not planned but as my dinnertime rolled by when I would normally be home I ate one out of the community stash, then I moved the whole bag to a drawer in the back so I wouldn't eat more...lol) ;)

chicken & veggies
potato
lite bread
water

upswife
01-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Good morning everyone! I think I will be joining your group here. Just getting back on track after having been off for years.

Goals for today:
Finally get my workout clothes on and do 30 day shred.
Make healthy dinner for me and family!!

Starting out slow...will watch protion sizes for the rest of the day.

Beverlyjoy
01-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday I was able to stay with all my different food needs (low salt, within my exchanges, soft, and not spicy) Wow - I am grateful.

I planned, logged my exchanges & sodium, did my exercises (stretches, strengthening, bike, and weights), no seconds, tasted the food, and lots of water. I need to work on other healthy lifestyle choices: slow eating, journalling, daily meditation, fork down between bites etc.

Good news... I've lost 2 more pounds since last Wednesday. I am only 2 pounds away from my ticker weight.

We are going away for the weekend. I need how to figure out managing with all these components.

upswife - WELCOME!

Jab - good job staying with your plan with the addes stress at work. Great plan.

lisa - good job on those pounds down!!! Sounds like you are getting into a good routine.

Lottie - good job on being OP and getting in your exercise!

slash - I hope your daughter is feeling better and you can get to the gym,

MJ - hooray on that great workout and how it made you feel. Carry on.

dgrmmie - wonderful to see the scale go down!!! Glad you did your dvd.!

mj5
01-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone! I had another great workout last night! BUT...those icky "don't need to go to the gym" voices started popping up as I was driving there. Seriously?! I am doing well, had a great chat w/ my wellness coach, committed to my workout days, AND still those stupid voices....lol!! Well, luckily, I was able to ignore them.

Diane--Hope your daughter is feeling better!

lottie--90 days, that's fantastic!!!!!!! I'll check out your blog and FB page from home (can't do it here at work).

lisa--great job on the loss!!!

Beverlyjoy--Good for you! I have been trying to watch my salt lately too.

jab--Ugh, I am ready for a break from the snow too! That happens here too...not fun to work w/ less staff.

upswife--Welcome!

Tonight I am going to the gym for arms/shoulders weights and some cardio.

Have a great OP day!

Beverlyjoy
01-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Mj - shout back at those voices that say don't go to the gym. ;)

Slashnl
01-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I won't be posting for the rest of the week. I'm going to Denver for a meeting. I'm going to be dang busy today at work trying to get things wrapped up to leave in the morning. I'll be back next week.

Have a great week everyone!

lottie63
01-19-2011, 05:28 PM
I have some good news about work. I have been thinking and mentioning and asking for info at work about opportunities for advancement. With the fibro, I can't currently work full time even, but my pain management is getting better, and my plan is to attempt to be manager of my store, by the time my current manager leaves. (2012, he's going to grad school.)

Anyhow, I work 12 hours currently, but we talked a few weeks ago, and next month he's adding an extra 2 hours every monday to my shift. Then, in March, I may be taking a different job within' the company at a different store as a brand rep/training type person. It's only 2 four hour shifts, basically stopping in to do operational stuff and train and 'check in' on the newer employees.

So I'm going to go from 12 hour weeks to 24 hour weeks by the end of March if all goes as planned.

I was going to ask my manager for more responsibilities and to start training me up a bit for this brand rep thing I want to do (it also includes merchandising) and before I asked he showed me some stuff on the computer that he gave me new access to, and showed me how to do payroll, I'm doing it for the first time friday cuz he is off. We needed to re-merchandise the flow in the store anyhow, so we did that and he helped me figure things out, and all that, and he's also switching my hours up a bit for the ones I am scheduled so I can work on mentoring this new girl. So, I didn't even need to ask. He is so supportive of me wanting to move up apparently. I do love my job. It's amazing and fun. :)

I also asked for him to let me do some of his paperwork type responsibilities and he said that's fine. :)

About to go make a taco salad and plan to kinect today! :)

mj, great job! I started back with exercise yesterday. :)

upswife, welcome! :)

SLashnl, have fun, be safe. :)

Beverelyjoy, I have to shout for exercising too. ha. Last night my bf had moved the ottoman out of the way so I could exercise. if he hadn't, I probably would've made some excuse. ;)

Jab, I hate the snow. When is spring again? :(

Beverlyjoy
01-20-2011, 05:23 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy day- I am grateful. I stayed within the parameters of my challenges (low sodium, exchanges, soft food, blandish). I did my exercises (stretches and strengthening, r. bike, weights), lots of water, etc.

I went with DH and we ordered new glasses. Bifocals. (Yikes!)

Lottie - the changes at your job sound great. Congrats. They must see you as an asset to the company. I am so glad to hear your fibro is a little less painful these days.

Slash - have a safe trip.

Today I am taking my mom around for her many errands. She is getting more frail. This is hard to watch. She still has her many smarts, thank goodess.

Everyone, have a great, healthy day. Treat yourself as kindly as you would a good friend.

jab91864
01-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Running behind today so it's just a quick hello!!

Yesterday was horrible, we lost my daughter's dog. He was only 10 yrs old and we didn't expect him to pass away. :( :( :( :( I keep crying on and off, I can remember the day we got him as a puppy clear as a bell.

My car has to go back to the mechanic again tomorrow... :mad: :( :?:

Will try to catch up tonight with my calories and choices.

I pray today will be a better day !!!!!!!!!!!

mj5
01-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Hi! I did not make it to the gym last night. No, I did not give in to the negative voices...I was stuck at work really late and just simply ran out of time. It is ok, though, I actually planned an extra workout day this week in case I ran into this type of situation. ;)

Beverlyjoy--I am trying, thanks! Keep up the great work!

Diane--Hope you get to make time for some fun in Denver!

lottie--That is awesome!!! I know from a manager perspective it is always refreshing to have employees who are looking for new opportunities and growth, so glad your manager is able to provide this for you!

jab--Oh no..when it rains, it pours, huh?! So sorry for your loss.

Today is our Wellness Committee Meeting at work and we will be reviewing our progress over the past year and setting this year's goals. I am looking forward to that.

Tonight is zumba and I can't wait!!!!!!! Then off to my niece's volleyball game. Luckily I planned ahead and brought extra healthy snacks with me AND already have stuff ready at home for tomorrow (I won't be home until really late tonight).

Have a great OP day!!!!!

upswife
01-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Good morning everyone!

Yesterday went pretty well, did 20 mins cardio dance and 2/3 level 1 30 day shred...feeling it today.

Food was ok...not great, but definitely lower calories that I have been.

Goals for today:
Run to store for veggies for soup (leftover chicken)
Laundry--have to move mountains!!
Yoga with Jillian DVD
watch portions-get note book at store to keep track

Feeling very tired and Light headed...think I am getting a sinus infection...is it bad to plan to work out,then take a nap??? Feel like I could go back to bed right now...but mommy needs to keep an eye on the 2 yr old terror!!!

lisanovak
01-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Morning Chicks!

Major snow last night. We got 10 inches where I live! Finally made it in to work, safe and sound.

Yesterday I was sooooooo very off plan :rollpin:. I am very disappointed in myself. It was like I was having an out of body experience. I was watching myself eat, thinking, "you are really not hungry, and that is not a very good thing to eat", but I couldn't stop. I don't even know why....I wasn't sad, mad, depressed, or anything. But, today is a new day!

fruit and yogurt for breakfast - 4 points

clemintines - 0 points

soup for lunch - 5 points
wheat crackers (5) - 5 points

dry roasted almonds for a snack - 5 points

salad for dinner - o points

water, water, water, water, water, water......

lottie63 - Congrats! I am happy for you! :cp:

upswife - I don't know, I think a nap sounds pretty good right about now! :tired:

mj5 - You should get a gold star for planning a head! :queen:

jab91864 - I am so very sorry...pets are like our children, and car issues suck! Hang in there girl! :hug:

mj5
01-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Hi again! Just had to pop in quick....I have had a string of meetings today (which I knew about, for a change). At one of them, they always have pizza, cookies, and soda. I usually eat before I go, but I didn't have time, so I stopped for some coffee before I went to that meeting.

I am very happy to report, that I resisted all of it! The soda is no big deal--I don't drink soda, but chocolate chip cookies AND pizza!!!!

Now I'm drinking LOTS of water and eating my healthy lunch :)

upswife
01-20-2011, 06:55 PM
mj5~good for you...I have a very hard time resisting cookies. YAY!! :cp:

Beverlyjoy
01-21-2011, 05:29 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a really healthy day. I am so grateful. I ate on my plan, watched my sodium, drank lots of water, did my exercises (stretches, strengthenning, r. bike), journalled, and had alot of determination. I am grateful,

Yesterday I needed to take my mom all around to do her errands (2 banks, drug store and the grocery store) For the banks and drug store I didn't need to go in. I brought my journal and Beck book. It gave me alot of focused time to think about my food program. It was good because I am leaving for a few days today.

As far as the food out of town goes - I can't do everything (low sodium, exchanges, soft, blandish) every moment. But - I CAN still do my exchanges and soft. Actually, softish food is the most important. I am bringing some oatmeal, applesauce, bananas, and a can of no salt added lentil soup. DH and my stepmom will eat something different for dinner tonight and I'll have that soup. The openhouse on Saturday will have bananas and some cheese (among other things). So, there's something to eat. The restaurant for Saturday night is Turkish. I'll probably get the salmon or maybe some hummus.

The big snow is over for now and it's suppose to be clear driving this afternoon when we head out of town. However, it's really cold out. Also, I am grateful for warmth on this extra cold morning.

I hope you all have a great weekend. I appreciate you all. Thank you for your kindness, wisdom and support.

mj5
01-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Good Morning! Zumba last night was excellent! AND, I am down 2lbs!!!!

upswife--Thanks, yea, cookies are hard to stay away from for me too....I just didn't go anywhere near the food!

Beverlyjoy--Great job planning for your weekend away. You can do it!!!

I am so very glad it is Friday. It's been a long week. Last night after zumba I went to my niece's volleyball game. I didn't get home until 10:00! Tomorrow is my nephew's basketball game, zumba, some errands, and normal Saturday stuff (cleaning, etc)....luckily I don't have any plans for Sunday! I am going to make some beef barley soup in the crockpot and relax!

Have a great OP day!!!

dgramie
01-21-2011, 09:18 AM
food is great and exercise is happening daily...a big plus for me!!

upswife
01-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Food was good yesterday, and I did manage to exercise. On the home front laundry still needs to be done...

Lisa~:hug: we all have those kinds of days. the only thing you can do today is dust yourself off and try to be better...we are all here for you

Beverlyjoy~great job planning your trip. That can be the hardest thing to do. Hope you have a great time!

Mj5~Sounds like you need to relax!! My weeks are flip/flopped from everyone else...I work F-M so I am just starting my "work week" get some rest for the both of us! LOL

dgramie~:high:

Goals for today: Level 1 30day shred...I will make it through it this time. Watch food, and pack dinner for at work! Oh and about 40 loads of Laundry!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

lottie63
01-21-2011, 11:21 AM
I"m starting to get that cranky I'm never going to get out of the 250's feeling.

All of a sudden my loss has slowed to a crawl. It always does right around this weight. Any suggestions?

upswife
01-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Lottie~wish I could help :hug: what has worked for me in the past is increasing intensity in workouts...or shocking the calories...go up for a day then go back down...Just keep working at it and this will pass!!!

lottie63
01-21-2011, 07:38 PM
ahhh, spoke too soon, lost a lb today! lol

dgramie
01-22-2011, 09:44 AM
my scales are stuck even though I have done everything right this week...I will not let them mess with my head.
Hubby wants to go and see our grandkids today...that will include eating out. Not sure i want to eat out yet!!!!

upswife
01-22-2011, 10:26 AM
just a quick post. Did well yesterday.

Today watch food intake and walk during my lunch break...also need to push water...even if IF I have to run to the bathroom every 10 mins!!!

jab91864
01-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Just a quick catch up since I haven't posted in a couple days, it's been a lot of stress but I have managed to stay within my calorie limit so I am relieved about that !!!! I think we have all adjusted to the shock of losing Cody (daughter's dog) and the crying is subsiding.

Turned out all my kids ( ages 18, 21, 22) were here today , their dad showed up too...lol. I made everybody nachos... I had salad with leftover chicken on top and we visited for a bit. Did my oldest daughter's taxes, doing the other daughter's taxes tomorrow.

I have my fingers crossed all the mechanical issues are done for a bit. Had planned on running errands today but the snow this morning was nasty. My arthritis is bad when we are in single digits so it's hard to be overly enthusiastic about much in this weather.

I hope everyone is blessed with a great day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

upswife
01-22-2011, 11:10 PM
did pretty good today...climbed the stairs instead of walking...it's way too cold!

mj5
01-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Hi everyone! zumba kicked my booty yesterday!! I didn't get enough sleep the night before, forgot to eat breakfast, and my knee was a little sore....yea, not the greatest workout....BUT I was there and it was better than sitting on the couch!

Today is my lazy day and I am soooooooooo looking forward to it! I am making some homemade beef and barley soup w/ lots of veggies. It's a new recipe and I can't wait to try it.

I need to drink LOTS of water today. Food choices weren't the greatest yesterday, but could have been worse.

Stay warm everyone!

dgramie
01-23-2011, 09:05 AM
hubby and I went out for mexican yesterday. We limited our chips and left food on our plates. I am proud of us!! Hubby lost 6lbs this past week and I lost a lousy lb. But its a loss none the less!!
I just looked out the window and saw thats its snowing again.....IM so sick of snow and cold!!!! We are suppost to be taking the day off from exercise but Im thinking of doing a 1mile dvd just to keep my body lose.

got alot of challenges in the next week. Im using sat as my weigh in day instead of sunday because i plan to enjoy my daughters baby shower and not worry about the calories during it. My bday is tuesday and youngest daughter is making my cake...Im thinking of having her do cupcakes so that i limit myself to one cupcake.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day

jab91864
01-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Ha-ha the scale moved 3 lbs in the right direction. :D
You know the routine, you step on the scale and look at the number then look at the wall and look at the number again, then step off the scale and step back on to look at it once again just to be sure it's not a hallucination..lol. :carrot:

It's -4* right now :( . I just finished shoveling more snow off front and back porches and trail and area for the dogs to use and trail and the interior of my small chicken yard then the path to and around my car. Did I mention I am sick of winter... oy

My middle daughter and her friend are coming today sometime for me to do their taxes, and I have to pop out to the grocery store.... I hate going to the grocery store when I am dieting :shrug:

Have not made my food plan yet for the day so I need to think on it before I leave the house !!!

Yesterday's calories were 1347... basically I finished off leftovers from my crockpot dishes during the week. :dizzy:

I hope everyone is blessed with a GREAT day OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

dgramie
01-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Bad day yesterday...it was my day off from exercise but I took it off from eating right also!! today is a new day and I can do this!!!
Plan for today...water and extra water to help flush out sodium. Exercise with my dvd and jump on minitramp. Food for me will be different than food for hubby, just not fair men can eat the same thing we eat and lose so much more weight!!

willowgirl
01-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Hello :) On and off again poster that's on again and definitely needs to be held accountable. This time around I'm have a husband joined with me on the lifestyle change. (and convinced my mother and two aunts as well!)

Yesterday was...ok for me. Started out well, got my correct amount of pts (WW) but kind of goofed up last night with a couple of beers. Will do better today. I do have a 3 lb loss, so that's good :)

Im two weeks into this now, and have yet to really commit to any exercise routine. That's what I feel like I REALLY have to work on! My goal for the week and beyond :)

jab91864
01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Well somehow I got confused when I logged my info into my fitday and didn't realize it until it was too late to eat anything else...lol. I had logged more calories than I had eaten by listing the total amt of brown rice in the casserole I made, instead of the amt I ate :dizzy: But I am happy it was an error in my favor and not the reverse... :D

Yesterdays food... calories 1202

rice cake
light whole grain bread
wedge ww jalapeno cheese
tea

low fat yogurt
pumpkin puree
water

orange
special k crackers
water

brown rice
carrots
beans
spinach
pork roast
water

apple
water

Willow~ having ppl doing it with you makes it much easier , congrats on the weight loss!!

dgramie ~ I hear you on the "man" thing, life is cruel...lol. Good luck today and remember let yesterday go it's in the past !!

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

mj5
01-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Good Morning! It's a balmy -9 this morning....

dgramie--Great job at the mexican rest! Excellent job planning ahead for the week!!! And a llb is a lb!!!

jab--That's awesome!!!!!!!

willowgirl--Welcome! My hubby has joined me this time around too, it makes things so much easier!

I had a great OP day yesterday! We'll see what the scale says tomorrow.

Today I have my healthy lunch packed, I brought my gym clothes into my office so they won't be freezing cold by the end of the day, and I am drinking LOTS of water.

Beverlyjoy
01-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi chicks.. TGIMonday! Glad the weekend is over and I am back home. It was a wonderful weekend - however, it's good to be home back in my own place. I did pretty well with the food out of town. Saturday night the Chinese rest. refused to steam some fish for me unless it was a whole flounder (at $40). Too expensive and I didn't want a whole. So I had nibbles of what folks ordered. I didn't feel right and I ended eating a littletoo much.

Last night DH brought home dark chocolate m&m's. They were all I could think about. It was crazy. I was obsessing about this dark chocolate. So - I had some and didn't end with just a some chocolate - it carried over to other eating. I just hate this food addiction/compulsion stuff. I ended eating way to much last night. I've asked DH not to bring in chocolate before - I guess I need to ask again. I hate that I need to ask him.

But - today is a new day. I've made my food plan for the day will try to carry on.

The weekend away was awesome. The dedication to the new children's art center was wonderful. There were at least 300 people at the ribbon cutting, the mayor, other politicians, the children, family, community, teachers, supporters, staff and more. It was grand. Really joyful, too. The new center offers drama, choral music, instrumental music, drumming, practice rooms, art & pottery, photography, sewing, dance, a wonderful gathering area, and a state of the art theatre. The children did performances and demonstrations all afternoon. This new art center in a real treasure in the middle of a struggling urban area. It is now my mission to encourage them to include storytelling in the oral tradition (telling stories without reading them from books) in their programming!

The children were excited and felt so much pride that this wonderful place was for them. Original building started as a settlement house 104 years ago and changed focus in the 70's to the arts. Ninety three percent of the children participating in their programming go to college. This is not the usual thing in this area. So anyone who says the arts don't have a positive effect on learning, thinking, self esteem, focus, etc - is so wrong. OK - I'll get off my soapbox!

So, friends. Everyone have a great day. Think positive!!!!

upswife
01-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Weekend went well...tho by the time I made it to lunch on Saturday I was starving so I ate first then climberd the stairs for about 10 mins...not as much exercise that I wanted, but better than nothing!!! goals for today: level 1 30 day shred, and keep track of calories...last week I was keeping a loose tally, but I really need to stay on top of it!

Lottie~yay on the pound lost!!! I always have a difficult time losing weight, so even a pound is cause to celebrate...even if just dancing in your bathroom!!!

Dgramie~hope you had fun with the grand kids!! great Job at the Mexican Restaurant. My birthday is tomorrow too, I'm thinking no cake, but I know the kiddies will get all upset...will have to figure something out!

Jab91864~taxes..ugh...still have to do ours. your salad sounds delish!! Great job on the loss!!!

Mj5~just keep plugging along...every little bit helps to change.

Willow girl~ Welcome back!! I just started posting again this week. Having others to help should help keep you accountable. My DH is in the frame of mind that he wants to lose weight, but I don't think he is completely committed to it yet. Hopefully we can complete this journey together!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!! And those of us in the cold need to stay warm!!!

upswife
01-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Beverly~I missed your post as I was typing mine. The Art center sounds Great!! I completely understand about the eating compusion ((hugs)) We have to take it one step at a time. Have a great OP day!

lottie63
01-24-2011, 10:20 AM
beverley joy: glad to hear you had a good time and congrats! :)

mj5: yeah it's 5 here today. sweltering!

willowgirl: welcome!

jab: congrats on not hallucinating! ;)

upswife: agreed, can't wait for spring!

So, I'm still on plan. Started exercise last night, plan to continue today, this year if flying by already, which is good, the sooner to June the better! (my second 4 month challenge mark) ;)

I've never wanted to get a year over with so badly in my life haha. The closer to goal the better. ;)

I was productive yesterday. I cleaned the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom, cooked bf lunches for the week to take to work, hand washed my bras, filled out some paperwork I needed to mail, I even had time to nap and read some of this book, Surviving a Borderline Parent: How to Heal Your Childhood Wounds and Build Trust, Boundaries, and Self-Esteem

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Surviving-a-Borderline-Parent/Kimberlee-Roth/e/9781572247901/?itm=7&USRI=overcoming+parents

This has some 'work' to do in it, with journaling answers to questions and such, I plan to use it in therapy. I'm going to call my therapist in a few mins and leave her a msg and let her know that I'm reading/using it so she can at least familiarize herself before I see her in feb.

I woke up from a totally boring dream in a panic.

It lingered.

I feel okay now, but it was really annoying and have no idea where that feeling came from cuz the dream was not scary or panic inducing at all.

Well, I mean apparently it was, but just...dumb. ha.

Anyhow, I work today. DEFINITELY wearing under pants thingies to keep warm. This weather is ridiculous!

lisanovak
01-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Happy Monday Chicks! Last week, I had a hard time staying on plan, but today is a new day.

Yogurt - 4 points

Clemintines - 0 points

Bananas - 0 points

Salad - 0 points

5 wheat crackers - 2 points

Salad Dressing - 2 points

Bacon bit crumbles - 3 points

Croutons - 1 point

Nature Valley Granola Bar - 2 points

That is breakfast, lunch, mid am and mid pm snacks ...17 points used, 21 to go. Dinner will be on the run since I have to be at 2 meetings at the same time! So, I will grab some carrots and a fiber one bar. Oh, and lots and lots of water!

mj5
01-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi again! I was able to run my errands during my break, so NO excuses for not going to the gym (or not getting my errands done tonight)!!!! I'm actually glad I went early...I returned a shirt at Marshall's for hubby and found a Nike dri fit shirt for me. With his return, I only had to pay $5 for it ;) I was looking at some online this weekend and full price they are like $40 and I'm not paying that! (they were 20 at Marshall's).

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you did well while out of town, great job! The children's art center sounds fantastic!!! Those darn m&m's......

upswife--nice job this weekend! I have been using the daily plate to track calories, it makes things a lot easier. I was totally against counting calories for a long time (still not sure why......), but it does make a big difference.

lottie--Awesome!!! That sounds like a great book. I work in a residential program w/ adults w/ mental illness....borderline pers d/o is hard, but you know that better than anyone.

I just found out that I have Friday afternoon off! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!! I have a few hours I need to use up. I think I am going to treat myself to a little shopping. Saturday afternoon I am getting a mani/pedi and I can't wait for that either.

Almost time for the gym!!!!!

Slashnl
01-24-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm back. But, buried at work. It was a good time in Denver, but lots of off plan food. Oh well! Back on track today.

lottie63
01-24-2011, 05:15 PM
mj5: yup yup. My gma and mom, (from my own experience with the mental health system and being diagnosed borderlien myself.) appear to be. I know if my mom read the book I"m reading she would say "wow this sounds just like my mom!" but she wouldnt' see HERSELF in it at all. It's ridiculous.

I am doing that study I had mentioned, and they gave me paperwork to get blood tests done and it had my dx's on it and it was bipolar I and recovered borderline, which was happy making. haha. :)

Work was great, we crushed our goals. :)

I only slept 4 hours though so I feel a nap coming on soon!

:)

willowgirl
01-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome back ;) I can't beleieve I quit posting here. Other than my family, this place is the best motivation.

So my day has gone like this:
B: slimfast 5 pts - I know I could do so much better but I am too lazy to make breakfast and I know I need something
S: orange 0 pts
L: slimfast 5pts
S: apple 0 pts - pear 0 pts - cheese it's 1oz 3pts
D: Asian steak over Japanese buckwheat noodles, veggies, 1eggroll 15pts
S: fiber one bar 4pts

still no exercise, I'm so lazy ;) I'm going to try agai. To do it in the morning ;)

lottie63
01-25-2011, 03:01 AM
I just wanted to welcome all the new people btw, this is the 25th, the month isn't over and we have 12 pages going and a good many new people. I hope you all stick around past february. ;)

I hope I do too! :P

This is my fave thread on this board, it feels like home and it's nice to see some new faces. :)

dgramie
01-25-2011, 08:10 AM
UPSWIFE- Happy birthday!!
I am going to have one cupcake and I am making my favorite dinner but will limit myself to my small plate of it. I will still exercise and may even increase it today. Today IM 47...want to feel much better by the time Im 50!
My journey started 3 yrs ago.

jab91864
01-25-2011, 08:27 AM
We're having a heat wave... a balmy 29* here and that is a big improvement. Suppose to snow again though... I guess you can't have everything...lol.

I have to agree posting helps one keep on track if only for the reason of gee I hate having to type I screwed it up again...lol.

Beverlyjoy~ I'd have finished off the bag of m&m's myself. I'd have tried to be good but they would have disappeared steadily during the day/evening in groups of 5 or 6 at a time until the bag was empty and I was depressed. :D

upswife ~ i use fitday to help track calories and it really lets me see how much it is all worth and helps me plan the day out.

lottie~ time flies so quickly anymore, last year is a complete blur for me. I think we are just so busy in everyday mayhem that we don't realize it's slipping by unnoticed. I for one am guilty of wishing my time away for the weekend...lol

lisanovak ~ best of luck on plan. Some days I think counting points must be so much easier (time wise) than counting calories!!

mj5~ sounds like you have a great weekend planned :D

slashni~ atleast you had fun and try not to worry about being off plan during the course of it, you're back on track now.

willow ~ I hate exercise as well. I know I need it but I make excuses and just can't seem to come to terms with it all.

Yesterday went well, total calories ...1289

rice cake
banana
water

chicken breast meat
whole gr light bread (2 slices)
cheese
light mayo
pretzels
water

triscuits
beef broth
water

chicken breast meat (finished the breast from lunchtime)
whole gr light bread (2-slices_
light mayo
carrot sticks
ranch
water

The last couple days I found I was craving meat and I can't look at a pizza commercial on the television without salivating... pizza is my favorite. So far I have been good and I have my fingers crossed I can maintain that ...lol.

I hope everyone has a GREAT day OP !!! My lunch is packed and I am off to work. :p

lisanovak
01-25-2011, 10:16 AM
Morning girls! Well, yesterday was my "official" weigh in day with Weight Watchers.....up 2.4. :rollpin:

So.......I need to get back on tracking and get in more exercise. Today....

Banana - 0 points
yogurt - 4 points

salad - 0 points
dressing - 4 points
bacon bits - 3 points
5 wheat crackers - 2 points

mixed fruit - 0 points

chicken soup - 3 points
salad - 0 points
dressing - 4 points

water, water, water, water, water......

jab- yes, counting points is much easier than counting calories. Plus, with points, I don't feel deprived if I want something no so good....if I have points left, I can treat myself and not feel so bad. But that is just me.

Beverlyjoy- M&M's.....yummy!

willow - Me too! But my hubby helps keep me on track with the WII. We have little competitions going on. We do WII Fit and WII resort. Plus he knows when I am not in the mood for any kind of razzing, so that helps too.

Beverlyjoy
01-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Hi Chicks - yesterday was a healthful day. YAY!! I stayed in my plan, drank lots of water, planned/measured/logged food, and did my exercises (stretches/strengthening/r. bike/elastic bands) I was able to keep it all low sodum, too.

lisanovak - yes, jump back into measuring and exercising & that weight will come back off.

jab - good food plan! Sometimes when I really want pizza I take a couple of rice cakes with low fat provelone and some turkey pepperoni (sometimes some pizza sauce) and it will get me over the craving without eating half a pie.

dgrammie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY You have made forward progress these past few years. This can be the best year yet!

willowgirl - WELCOME Good plan! If I do exercise early in the morning, then I 'get it over with'

mj - good job planning to get to the gym. LOVE that bargin. And, a day off. All is sounding good.

Lottie - glad to hear work is going so well and you will be part of this study.

upswife - stairs are GREAT exercise! Carry on.

upswife
01-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Good Morning everyone!!! I did get my exercise in, even tho I had to manhandle my 2 yr old...she did not want to go down for her nap! Finally got her down an hour and a half late. Had just enough time to exercise then get ready for work! Kept track of my calories...came in a little low. Oh well, it all evens out some days I come in a little higher. I don't have verybig goals today, Keep track of calories, Limit to 1 piece of cake/1 cupcake...and possibly do some yoga. My long work weekend and the 2yo waking up last night has taken it's toll. I may just pamper myself and indulgein a nap this afternoon.

Lottie~Great job on the exercise...take you plan one day at a time. That's the only way to reach your goal! I am so envious of your productiveness, even if I managed as much houswork as you did the 2yr and her siblings would come behind and make it all messy again! We have warmed up a little here, not so bone chillingly cold, but still in the 20-30's

Lisa~Good luck with 2 meetings at once...Doesn't it hurt to divide yourself in half??? Sorry to hear you are up, but I love the idea of your competitions with hubby on the WII...DH and I can get a little too competitive!

Mj5~Awsome running errands early so you could exercise after work. I will have to check out the daily plate and see if I like it better than other programs. Shopping and a mani/pedi this weekend...I'm all in!!!

Diane~Nice to meet you!

WillowGirl~I really have to push myself to exercise, But I know from my past that if I only do one very little changes, and then I get depressed and give up. Just add a little more movement to your day. Even a little is better than nothing!!

Dgramie~HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!!! We are stillworking on the left over chicken soup, so that will be dinner for today, but I may run out and get a fresh loaf of bread to go with it, and some salad. I wish I could get away with no cake today, but the kids keep bugging me about it. Will use caution to notexceed my calories for the day!

Jab91864~I have used FitDay in the past, but I find it too cumbersome. Too easy to enter incorect serving size and it can really mess me up. Great job with your luch...enjoy your day!

Beverly~Great job on keeping everything low sodium. I have ad ifficult time with that...DH need to keep his sodium down and it can be a struggle to find appropriate items!!!

mj5
01-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Good Morning! I am down 1lb this week. I'll take it!! I did well tracking my food and each day was good, with the exception of Saturday. My workouts were "eh"...I did them, but quite honestly several days I just wasn't pushing myself much. The good news is, I was still exercising...better than not.

Diane--Glad you are back and had fun in Denver! Good luck getting caught up at work. Good for you getting right back on track today.

lottie--that's awesome about the study! Hope you were able to get a nap in yesterday!

willow--a friend suggested that I find an exercise or activity that I enjoy and go with that. I recently found that I LOVE zumba. I would love to do it every day, but the times of the classes and a bad knee (mostly a bad knee) prevent me from that, so I go to two classes a week and three or four days a week I go to the gym. Find something that you can enjoy doing, it might help.

dgramie--Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your cupcake and dinner!

jab--We aren't far behind you...about 24 here today, almost didn't need to warm up the car this am! LOL!!!

lisanovak--Ok, so a gain isn't great news, BUT you have a great plan. You can do it!

Beverlyjoy--Great job yesterday!

upswife--Happy Birthday! Great job yesterday!!

I have my healthy lunch packed. I brought my gym clothes into my office again, so I'll change before I leave for the gym again. I have a call w/ my Wellness Coach this afternoon. We have leftover soup for dinner (homemade beef and barley w/ lots of veggies YUM!), so that's all taken care of too.

upswife
01-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Good morning! Yesterday was ok...I think cals were just under 1500, so considering the birthday cake that was not too bad. Really tired today, I don't know why???

Goals for today: watch calories, level 1 30 day shred, take kids to the dentist!! Also need to figure out a good but quick dinner

Have a great day!!

mj5
01-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Good Morning! Another busy day so I thought I better check in quick now while I had a minute. I had a great chat w/ my wellness coach last night. I have realized (based on my tracking and conversations w/ him) that I am not getting nearly enough protein each day and too many carbs, so I need to be more aware of that. I did some research last night and sent out some "info requests" to my brothers (one is a doctor, one is in the Army and a trainer) a friend who is well on her way in her weight loss journey.

Last night's workout was great! Definitely put my "all" into it. Today is an off day (getting a haircut and a bunch of errands after work). Tomorrow is zumba and I can't wait!!!!

Have a great day!

Slashnl
01-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi everyone. Just continuing to be slammed with work! I had a rough start to the morning... something really ticked me off... but went to the gym and took out my aggressions on the treadmill. :) Feel better now.

Have a good day everyone!

willowgirl
01-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Hello ;) Well, I now know why I dont weight every day.. down 2, up 2, down 1 - yea... I'll just wait until my official weigh in day haha

Did fairly well yesterday:

B: Oatmeal 4 Pts

S: Orange 0 pts
2 cups popcorn 2 pts

L: 3/4 serving of left over Turkish Vegetable Stew w/Couscous (WW Recipe) 8pts

S: oops ;)

D: 1 servind Chicken Saagwala (yummy indian dish with chicken/tomato/spinich) 6pts
3/4 cup brown rice 4 pts
2 miller lites 7 pts

Not too bad. Not much exercise other that walking dog :) Can't wait til income tax $$ comes in so I can get gym membership :)

jab91864
01-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Just a quick note, been running behind all day and didn't get a chance to log my calories for yesterday...

Calories yesterday totaled... 1391

mg cheerios
milk
water

banana
orange
apple
water

leftover casserole (br rice, spinach, beans, carrots & pork loin)
pumpkin
cottage cheese
applesauce
water

Gotta go.... have a good evening !!

ohiofreespirit
01-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this part of the forums. I went and got weighed today and I'm down two more pounds, this makes it twenty-five pounds over all. It has made me see that I need to really kick in the effort and see if I can add to that total. I am worth it.

The rest of the month I am accountable to myself for what I eat. Smaller, healthier meals. I will also join the local YMCA before the month is over.

mj5
01-27-2011, 06:29 AM
Good Morning! So my hair appt had to be changed (water main break near the salon) and of course...I didn't have my workout clothes with me, so I couldn't go to the gym instead. Grr...I did run errands and got them out of the way. I will get my hair cut tonight before zumba, so that works.

Diane--Glad you feel better...hope today is a better day!

willowgirl--yea...the scale....what kind of dog do you have?

jab--ugh, I hate those kinds of days. Hope today is less hectic!

ohiofreespirit--Welcome! Congrats on the loss!!

This week there is Friday evening zumba class and I am thinking about going.

One of my niece's (she's 13) asked if she can go w/ me to get a mani/pedi on Saturday. We have SO much fun together, so of course I said YES! She is super excited.

Have a great OP day today. I need to drink lots of water, I didn't quite drink enough yesterday and I don't want to make that a habit again!

dgramie
01-27-2011, 07:56 AM
great couple of days...We increased our exercise the past few days and boy am I sore today.
food will be lighter today..
breakfast- special K with strawberries
lunch- salad with grilled chicken
dinner- >not sure yet

jab91864
01-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Good Morning !!!!

Yesterday's food choices were good. Total calories were...1,269 .

poached egg
toast
cheese
water
tea

apple
orange
banana
carrot sticks

beef broth
turkey breast meat
lite bread
lite mayo
water

diet squirt

Hoping to get my uuummpphh up because today should be hectic as well. :dizzy: Hope everyone has a GREAT day OP !!

Slashnl
01-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Went to Spin class this morning. I swear that class will never be easy. I'm just glad that the younger, more fit people think it is hard, too. Makes me feel a little better. It started out kind of cool, though. The first song was "Waka, Waka" by Shakira. I love that song. If you're not familiar with it, it was the theme song for the World Cup Soccer games. I'm not into soccer at all, but when my daughter played it for me, I loved it.

Willowgirl: Every once in awhile, I’ll cheat and get on the scale on non official weigh days and it can either be inspiring or it can be discouraging. I try to stay with one day a week to avoid the discouraging times!

Ohiofreespirit: Welcome! Congrats on the 25 pounds!

MJ: Enjoy Zumba!

Dgramie: Good job on increasing exercise!

Jab: Hope you keep up with your hectic day!

BlueEyes83
01-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Well since I joined weight watchers last week I have changed some of the items I eat since I no longer count calories.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal
Banana

Lunch:
Boars Head Everoast chicken
Boars Head Asiago cheese
Bagel Thin
Cheese-its

Snack:
Dill Pickles

Dinner:
Chicken breast cooked in fat free broth, teriyaki sauce, peppers, onions and mushroom. <-- So Good!
Brown rice

Snack:
Cantaloupe

I am trying to eat more fruits and veggies but I am either full of I just don't feel like any. I'm hoping this changes and I eat more of the goods!

I am going Skiing tomorrow which should be interesting since I have not done this for at least 2 years, wish me luck :p.

jab91864
01-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Daughter's car broke down, I am still in disbelief. She called last night it died on the way home from school... about an hour drive each way. Sounds like the alternator. I have been up all night. I thought my car woes were finally over :(

Yesterday's calories were too low, the day was crap and the evening was worse. Total calories... 781

morningstar chik pattie
half a boiled egg (I gave the other half to my parrot)
water

apple
orange
rice cake
carrot sticks
water

chicken bouillion
puree'd pumpkin
sf pudding cup
water

diet squirt

Today is another day, I pray it is better !!!

willowgirl
01-28-2011, 08:27 AM
MJ: I have a pitt/lab mix: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shelbypoo/4612912803/in/set-72157611915527361/ that requires a lot more walking that what we give him :)

jab: I feel you on the car pain! We just payed 1200 dollars on getting our Jetta fixed, only to have the check engine light come on again and to be told its the catalytic converter. Ugh!

So again, another pretty good day for me yesterday, except I was so busy @ work I missed out on a lot of snacks:

B: Oatmeal 4 Pts

S: oops

L: Smart ones Pizza (eh, not so good but I was wanting some pizza!) 8pts
Spinach Salad w/6 whole pecans, 1oz dried cranberries, and balsamic vinaigrette 3pts

S: Cantaloupe 0 pts

D: Baja Tacos (Hungry Girl Recipe) 2 Tacos = 7 pts
1/2 Black Beans 2pts

S: 1 pc Bliss Chocolate 1pt

So I was 9 pts under what I am allowed... guess thats what happens when you dont drink your points away :)

If was funny, yesterday while walking my dog I had the incredible urge to actually jog! It feels so good to have this kind of energy! Too bad my bra was having NONE of that! :p

Beverlyjoy
01-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi chicks.. Yesterday was OK. Making a plan and following throughI am still dealing with waking up at 1am and eating things. I need to make a plan about how to avoid this.

Today is our anniversary - we will go out with family on Sunday to celebrate.

Have a great, healthy weekend.

mj5
01-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Good Morning! Zumba was super fun last night. I am going again tonight...a few of the girls from my class last night are going too so that will be fun.

Diane--I feel the same way about Zumba...I don't think it will ever be easy for me, but the fit people who have been going forever still struggle.

blyeeyes--Good Luck skiing!

jab--Oh no!!! Hope today is much better!

willowgirl--what a cutie!!!! We have 2 beagles that NEVER get walked enough (is it possible to walk a beagle enough???)

Beverlyjoy--Happy Anniversary!

lottie--how are you doing?

This weekend I am making vegetarian chili in the crockpot. Hubby wasn't terribly excited about that recipe, until I showed it to him (including a picture). Luckily he is easy going and willing to try any of my creations. I am also going to try making some homemade spaghetti sauce, also in the crockpot...at this rate, I'm going to need two crockpots! LOL!!! Hmmm, that's not a bad idea....Anyway, my dad used to make the most amazing sauce and I never learned how. I have been reading labels a lot lately and there is so much "extra" stuff in sauce that I would rather not eat......so, I'm going to expirament a bit.

Have a great OP day!

lottie63
01-28-2011, 08:55 PM
mj5: I make a really good veggie chili. I plan to make some tomorrow maybe, but usually I just use black beans but I want to try it with black beans and lentils and maybe kidneys since I have all three on hand. :)

I need to make a good sauce too. auuuuugh. So annoying. I can't seem to find a sauce I like that doesn't have CHEESE. augh! :(

also, I'm doing good, thanks for asking! I've been busy or sleeping. One or the other, giving myself most recently, some time to just relax and get my sleep back on track so that I can NOT be in horrific pain all the time. ha. I woke up feeling much better though! :)

Groceries will be delivered tomorrow.

EXCITEMENT.

Oh btw, my latest blog (click link below) actually was kind of inspred by two sayings that float around on here if anyone cares to read. :)

upswife
01-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Hello everyone! Sorry I have been MIA this week...Food has nto been great, I even avoided the scale today. Need to get back on track. I have my weekend at work planned out. Now..I think I just need to bite the bullet and wake up at 5am and work out in the morning before the kids get up. The 2 yo has been pushing her nap back and it cuts into my work out time. Will have to give it a try maybe should try to get up tomorrow since I blew off my exercise almost all week. I did get in one good session on Monday, played Wii Tennis with the kids on Wednesday, then shoveled snow yesterday.

Ok plan is in place just need to stay motivated!!!

Sorry no personals at work and need to "pretend" I am actually working :dizzy:

jab91864
01-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Today is another day, it's snowing again but I refuse to let it get to me...lol. I have a million errands to run and am going to fly out and try to get as much done before the snow accumulates.

Food was good yesterday... total calories 1355

coffee w/ sweetener & a diet cocoa pkt stirred in
water

lf yogurt w/ pumpkin puree stirred in
rice cake
water

brown rice & veggies
chicken breast meat
water

mini pretzels
diet squirt

Gotta make my food plans before I go to the grocery store this morning... do not like the grocery store when dieting...lol

willow~ catalytic converters are painful !!!!!! hoping my daughter's car will be fixed today.

Have a GREAT day everyone !!!!!!!

mj5
01-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Good Morning! My retail therapy was wonderful yesterday. I splurged on a couple of new makeup items I have been wanting to try. I SO don't need makeup (I am a total makeup junkie!), but there are worse things I could spend my $ on! I did awesome at the mall...I ate a snack before I went and took some almonds in my purse in case I wanted a snack.

lottie--I put the veggie chili together this am. It smells SO good already. Even hubby, who was quite skeptical agreed. ;) I used black beans. I haven't used lentils before, I'd like to try them. YEA for sleeping and relaxing!! That's my plan for tomorrow...how sad is it that I need to "plan" to do that???

upswife--Good for you for getting back on track and getting your plan in place. You can do it!

jab--Here's for a better day!

Zumba last night was awesome! My instructor doesn't usually teach the class on Friday nights, but she did last night so I went. It was a small class and we had so much fun. She brought some wine for anyone who wanted to stay after and hang out...there were a few of us that ended up staying there until 10! The rest went to a bar after, but I was good and came home.

Today is a busy day....I have vegetarian chili in the crock pot, zumba this morning, then my nephew's basketball game, then my niece and I are going for mani/pedi's--I can't wait for that! Just to sit and relax!!

jab91864
01-30-2011, 09:32 AM
mj5~ it sounds like you are off to a great weekend !!!

Ran all my errands yesterday then spent the entire evening reading and enjoying the peace and quiet.... it was so nice and relaxing!! I bought the alternator for my daughter's car and her dad did the work which saved me some money not having to pay for labor.

Yesterday's food choices were good... total calories 1169

coffee w/sweetener & diet cocoa pkt mixed in
water

Everything bagel thins
pizza sauce
parmesan cheese
turkey pepperoni
water

beef stew
lite bread
water

banana
diet sprite
shot of peach schnapps :D

Gotta get a move on doing chores, have a GREAT day !!!

Making shrimp today...just not sure what recipe

mj5
01-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Good Morning! The veg chili was a HUGE success! It was so good, even my hubby loved it. I cooked some brown rice and had low fat cheddar cheese and greek yogurt for toppings. YUM! Today I am trying a spaghetti sauce recipe in the crockpot.

Today is a rest day for me and I SO need it! I have strained a muscle in my calf and it is really sore and my foot hurts too. I'm doing some gentle stretches, ice, and rest today.

Yesterday was busy, but wonderful. Great zumba class, had fun at my nephews game and had a lot of fun w/ my niece getting our nails done.

My two oldest nieces have asked me to do their makeup for their semi formal next friday, which will be fun.

lottie63
01-30-2011, 01:52 PM
mj5: good to hear the chili came out good! I didn't get to make mine, we had stir fry instead. Needed to use up some older veggies. :P

But, we got groceries yesterday so we're good for the week so hopefully chili tonight!

I need to rethink my meals.

I've only been having breakfast, lunch and dinner with no snacks.

I'm not exercising so I'm doing 1300 cals which doesn't leave much room for snacks. My back was hurting again but hoping to exercise tomorrow. I feel good today but I work my first long day tomorrow and so I haven't exercised over the weekend. I can not be sore for tomorrow.

Maybe after work? Auuuugh. Unless I'm in pain from the long day, if so I'll do it tuesday. Me and bf decided to do a points challenge together for feb too like on here. :)

I can't wait to be more active. I need to get on track cuz in June I REALLY want to join a gym.

willowgirl
01-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Mmmm chili! My mom made some turkey chili for us this weekend (WW recipe) and it was sooo yummy! 5 pts for 1.5 cups :) We splurged and had it over the lower sodium fritos with 1/4 light cheese for an awesome 11 pt meal :) So good we told her she HAS to make again for superbowl weekend! Hubby also found some Rocco DiSpirito wing and onion ring recipes he wants to try for next weekend! Yay!

Didnt do too bad this weekend. Up a pound but not too worried about it. Could be worse, thats for sure! Hubby (in profile pic w/me) down 3 lbs, for a 12lb total in 2 weeks. Guys!

Im changing my WI to Friday in hopes that will keep me a strong over the weekend. I didnt do bad, but Im sure I could do better :)

dgramie
01-31-2011, 08:19 AM
I over did it this weekend.I ate way to much this weekend at the shower for my daughter. Fingerfoods are my biggest downfall!! I did better yesterday but didnt eat like I should have. Today is a new day and getting back on track!!!

upswife
01-31-2011, 09:15 AM
Finally got up the nerve to hop an the scale...and I didn't gain, so I must have been doing some things right last week. "mall walk" today with my sister and keeping track of calories...not much else shaking at the moment...need to have a little more coffee.

Have a great op day!!

Slashnl
01-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi all. I can't believe it is almost February. I figured I better get in on this thread before it goes away! Ha! Had a good weekend, but I've had to battle to try to stay on plan for food. And, I was really close to talking myself out of working out today. But, I made it to Body Pump. I'm moving slow... it was brutal.

Trying to remain focused. I get distracted so easily. I'll have to stay disciplined! Spin class tomorrow!

Have a good week everyone!

girlonfire
01-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Hey all! I don't have too much time for personals because I have to run off to class in about 10 min, so I'll try again later :)

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Kashi GoLean Crunch, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup Fage nonfat Greek yogurt

Lunch: 1 bowl salad (2 cups organic baby spring mix salad with herbs, 1/4 avocado, 1 slice tomato, 1 oz fat free Feta, and 2 tbsp Reduced Fat Sicilian Garlic Balsamic Vinaigrette), 1 Mexican baked potato (1 medium russet potato, 1/4 cup of red beans and rice, 1/8 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese) and 1/2 banana

Snack: 100 calorie Smartpop

Dinner: 1 cup green lentils with carrots, cabbage, and mushrooms and 1 slice Healthy Life Whole Wheat Flaxseed w/1 oz brie cheese
Total Cals: 1161

Exercise: 15 min bike, 30 min elliptical

lottie63
01-31-2011, 09:55 PM
I need to figure out dinner!

augh.

have tons of cals left, mer. Just had fruit and a protein shake for dinner and a black bean taco salad (no chips) for lunch.

bf is struggling with wanting fried food. Being a cook must be such a challenge at work! :(

P.S I lost a lb! 45 lbs gone!