Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Introduction! 14 weeks!

Hello! I've been a member of the 100lb. board on 3FC for a long time. I lost a bit of weight on WW (around 50 pounds) and now surprisingly (though it was planned I was still shocked) pregnant. I'm at 14 weeks. This is my first kid.

The plan that I worked out with my OBGYN is not to gain more than 10 pounds during pregnancy. During the first trimester I have had terrible nausea and "morning" sickness (plus a bout with pneumonia). Although I was taking prescription anti-nausea drugs, I couldn't eat more than what we dubbed "brown food" (broth, bread, crackers, and pasta) so I already gained a bit of weight with that. Of course I moved during the last few weeks and lost my scale so I don't know how much! Ha!

Now that I am moving into the second trimester I am feeling better (not great but better) and starting to get some energy back for my daily walks (what was with all that sleeping?!?!).

That's me! Hope to meet you all soon!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #2  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

First, congrats on your 50lb loss! That's huge!

I felt exactly the same in the first trimester. I was so nauseous and tired all the time, and the only time I felt better was when I was stuffing my face or sleeping I started out at 223 and I'm up to about 242, so almost 20 lbs.

I think doctors are overly concerned about weight gain for overweight women during pregnancy. I'm not saying we should gain 40 lbs but 20 doesn't seem unreasonable considering:
7 - 9 pounds of baby
2 pounds of placenta
2 pounds of amniotic fluid
4 - 5 pounds of increased blood volume
2 pounds uterine enlargement
3 - 4 pounds of fluid in maternal tissue
1 pound of breast enlargement to prepare for breastfeeding

As long as you're eating healthy and taking care of yourself, both you and baby are going to be fine, even if that means you put on 20 lbs instead of 10. I know for me, it was really hard NOT to worry about the number on the scale, especially when it went up 3 lbs in a week. But I tried to not beat myself up about the weight I gained because the stress of that wasn't really helping me either

Best of luck and wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months. If you need anything, feel free to pm me. xoxo
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Yay! Congratulations and welcome to the pregnancy/nursing forum!

My Dr also told me to gain no more than 15 lbs, but I ended up gaining 27, all of which was gone by 6 weeks postpartum. As long as you keep up your healthy eating habits you'll be fine even if you gain a few more than the Dr recommends.

So glad to see you here, can't wait to see you around more!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Yay! Another preggo lady in here! I was pretty active on the 20-something forum before getting pregnant. I was pretty nauseous my first trimester too, but I stopped taking prenatal vitamins that had iron in them. My nutritionist first told me that she didn't want me to gain anymore than 15lbs, but my last visit she said 20-32 was fine. So, whatever. Haha! I had lost about 20lbs before I got preggo this time. Oh, this is my 2nd. Good luck on your pregnancy and keep us updated!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #5  
New here

S/C/G: 216/190/150

Height: 5'7''

How exciting! I'm due the 4th of July, and am 14 weeks, now, too. At my first Dr. appointment, she told me not to gain any more than 10 pounds, and even to not gain anything would be fine. Well, I've already gained 4 pounds, maybe more... I ate what I could stomach throughout the first trimester, and now that the nausea is subsiding, I'll be working on eating a little healthier. But, I'm not going to pressure myself to only gain 10 pounds.
angelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Thanks for all the support, ladies!

Angelaw - I'm going to try to hold out for the 4th of July but I doubt I will have any say in that! My nausea is pretty steady but I'm learning to deal with it. Keep checking in! I would love to see how you progress!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote