Chicks up for a Challenge - January Weight Loss Challenge

View Full Version : January Weight Loss Challenge

Ms Perception
01-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Happy New Year!! I'm looking forward to beginning the year on the right foot with you all!

The rules of this thread are simple. We are here to provide each other some accountability along the path to weight loss. So, you just set your weight loss related goal(s) and it gets added to a goal list. When you reach your goal, it gets turned Red. We have a sister thread for exercise related goals: January Exercise Challenge. We love to hear about your success, as well as your challenges throughout the month. We're here to support and encourage each other to be our best. So, let's get started!

JillyM
01-01-2011, 03:45 PM
My January goal is to lose 10 pounds despite 4 birthday parties already planned this month. That would put me less that 188.4 by February 1st. Good luck everyone!

TexasAlli
01-01-2011, 03:50 PM
My goal is also to loose 10 pounds and it would put me too at 188. Hard to believe I've missed seeing 180, but I'm sure ready to see it now!

Miss Mallee
01-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Hey Ladies!

Happy New Year! Day 1 of 2011!

My January Goals are to ultimately get back on track:

1. Eat 5-6 meals at regular times.
2. Cut out the caffeine habit.
3. Lose 10 pounds.

<3 We Can Do It Ladies!

Ms Perception
01-01-2011, 03:54 PM
My goals are to reach 141 lbs and log my food (trying AGAIN!!!). I just came back from a trip and my weight was up to 149.4 this morning. UGH!!! I WILL reach my goal weight this month. I'm so ready.
Also, for those of you who were following last month's thread, I got that job and start Monday. Time to fit back into my "work" clothes!

I am worth it
01-01-2011, 04:08 PM
By the Grace of God, I'm the same weight I was December 1st. :) Now that the enormous about of goodies are gone from the house it's time to get back to business.

My goals this month are:
1. No sugar
2. Stay OP (Abs Diet) for at least 23 days this month
3. Lose 3 lbs

bama girl
01-01-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm in... The last half of 2010 was ridiculous and I'm ready to get back on it.

1.) Drink at least 72 oz. of water every day
2.) Log my food!
3.) Get out of the 130's. If I do that, then see 125 on the scale.

TheBunneh
01-01-2011, 04:26 PM
My January goal is to reach 162 pounds.

ShrinkingAmy
01-01-2011, 06:41 PM
As I posted on the Exercise Challenge, I used these forums 1-1/2 years ago to lose weight for a vacation and did really well - almost hit goal, so I'm back to get in shape for yet another vacation. This time I'm starting earlier - just overe 5 months out vs the 2 I gave myself last time. My goal for January is to lose 5 lbs. I'm coming in at 139lbs. My ultimate goal for June 10th (vacation) is 129. I'll try to weigh in every Sunday and post it here.

meencanta22
01-01-2011, 06:47 PM
As to a weight loss goal i don't really have one. im getting married April 30 2011 and id love to just be comfortable in my wedding dress. id be happy with a 20 pound weight loss by my wedding date.

seagirl
01-01-2011, 06:54 PM
1) stick to WW plan
2) earn at least 20 APs per week
3) lose 5 pounds (which would get me out of the 180s!)

Hopefully 1 + 2 = 3

Hopeful8
01-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Since I completely missed my goals the last two months, I'm going to make my January goal to reach 142lbs.

lakesuccess
01-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Hiappy New Year everyone!

I'd like to join this challenge. My goals are to:
lose 10 lbs
stick to the fat smash diet

I've gained 7 lbs during December although I did not indulge in holiday goodies. Grr! So here 's to getting those off plus 3 more putting me at 182.

VickieLou
01-01-2011, 07:42 PM
My Goal for January is to lose 8 LBS. SW: 237.8 GW: 229.8

:newyear: :coolsnow: :xcheer:

susiemartin
01-01-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm in :)
My weight goal is 230

angeluv
01-01-2011, 11:31 PM
My goal for January is to loose 5lbs...so that means get down to 137. to be firmly ensconced in the 130s.

Rashomon
01-01-2011, 11:52 PM
My goal is to get to the 220s and to cut out fast food.

SW: 238

Gekster
01-01-2011, 11:53 PM
I see some people I recognize! I used to be active on this thread, but I fell off the wagon a bit ago. I managed to only gain back a few pounds, but I want back on plan. I want to continue my journey and this is the thread that helped me lose the first 40 lbs. I started counting calories again before the New Year, but let a little too loose last night :o My goals for this month are to count all calories, get the carbs back in check, drink water!, and hopefully lose 8 pounds. I look forward to updates from those that I remember and get to know those that I don't :)

Faux
01-01-2011, 11:55 PM
My January goal is to lose 10 pounds.

meoc7197
01-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Good morning everyone. I am happy to see so many people here coming back for motivation and accountability. THis is exactly what I need. I weighed in this am at 157.2. I would love to get to 150 by 2/1/11. However I am not really sure if that is realistic, 5 pounds is probably more realistic. However I am going to stick with 7.2 pounds. I would rather reach further and come up short.

I have basically been at this weight the whole month of December. I know I should be happy I didn't gain but realistically I want to lose not maintain now. I am exercising so obviously I need to work on the food intake. I think one thing I always struggle with is eating in the morning. I don't eat in the morning because I am generally always rushing. This month my goal will be to eat breakfast everyday.

CW 157.2
GW 150.0

shoeless
01-02-2011, 07:46 AM
I'm off on holiday from 15 Jan, but my goal is to get to 181 before then. SW - 188.

I also want to post daily weights and cals, as I found that REALLY helped in last month's challenge.

Time for a BIG PUSH!!

X

NightAngel26
01-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Hey guys...it's been forever since I was on....really...I've been a bad...bad girl.

I'm almost back to the beginning and working back down. I hope to stick with it and keep checking in...being accountable.

So, that being said, here's my goal for January.

238lbs . That's 10lbs...we will see

BeautyandtheBeast
01-02-2011, 01:25 PM
I too fell off the wagon quite severely last year and have gained 17lbs since I was last on here! Shameful!

Anyway, new year, new me! okay, I'm also gonna set myself a goal of 10lbs for this month. So that means my goal is to reach 153lb.

We can do this!

Summer2010
01-02-2011, 02:23 PM
I am in!
My goals for January are as follows:
Follow WW, attend meetings weekly and track points daily
Jillian Micheals 30 day shred 3xwk
Lose 10 lbs

Ms Perception
01-02-2011, 04:28 PM
January Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red :)

JillyM: Lose 10 lbs
TexasAlli: Lose 10 lbs
Miss Mallee: Eat 5-6 meals at reg times, Cut out caffeine, Lose 10 lbs
Ms Perception: Reach 141 lbs, Log food
I am worth it: No sugar, Stay OP for at least 23 days, Lose 3 lbs
bama girl: Drink at least 72 oz water daily, Log food, Get out of 130's
The Bunneh: Reach 162 lbs
ShrinkingAmy: Lose 5 lbs
memencanta22: Work toward fitting comfortably into wedding dress
seagirl: Stick to WW plan, Earn at least 20 AP/wk, Lose 5 lbs
Hopeful8: Reach 142 lbs
lake success: Lose 10 lbs, Stick to Fat Smash diet
VickieLou: Lose 8 lbs
susiemartin: Reach 230 lbs
angeluv: Lose 5 lbs
Rashomon: Reach 220's, Cut out fast food
Gekster: Count calories, Get carbs in check, Drink water, Lose 8 lbs
Faux: Lose 10 lbs
meoc7197: Reach 150 lbs, Eat breakfast everyday
shoeless: Reach 181 lbs by Jan 15, Post weight and calories daily
NightAngel26: Reach 238 lbs
BeautyandtheBeast: Lose 10 lbs
Summer2010: Follow WW, Attend weekly mtgs, Track points daily, Lose 10 lbs

Hopeful8
01-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Happy Sunday afternoon chicklets. I hope everyone is recovered from their New Years celebration and you're all ready to have a healthy, happy, & positive 2011.

Ms. P-Congrats on the new job. What a great way to start out the new year.

Well after about 8 days I finally have seen a slight move on the scale. This morning I was down to 145.4, it isn't a huge change but the scale has been stuck on 145.8 FOREVER! I have to admit that I was super good during the whole holiday season regarding my food. But the last two days I've been cheating like crazy, I think it's just that time of the month though because my cravings have been driving me crazy. Time to move past that and get back to being OP.

Miss Mallee
01-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Good Evening Ladies!

I wasn't completely OP today, but I know that's because I'm trying to transition back to being OP. I did get to work out a little. So I don't feel like today is wasted. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day!

We Can Do It Ladies. <3

dmm493
01-03-2011, 01:40 AM
my goal for january 11 is to go from 180 to 170!

Gekster
01-03-2011, 02:05 AM
I weighed in this morning at 275.4... dang! It seems my New Years was a little too much fun... Before the New Year I was around 271, so hopefully I will go back down quickly. Today I went for a hair cut and a massage at an all natural spa. What a way to start the year. I feel rejuvenated and ready to start my new plan. I've decided to try out the South Beach Diet this time. I was just watching calories and carbs before, but I'm thinking the idea of Phase 1 might help me get back on track.

mrsngar
01-03-2011, 09:44 AM
I'd like to join. Hoping to lose 10lbs this month

SW 209
GW 199

lisa34t
01-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Hello,

I have read a lot of great goals for January! My goal is to loose atleast 10lb by Feb 1st. I have done this before so I know I can do it AGAIN!

Ms Perception
01-03-2011, 10:11 PM
January Goal List

dmm493: Lose 10 lbs
mrsngar: Lose 10 lbs
lisa34t: Lose at least 10 lbs

Ms Perception
01-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Hey all! Today was my first OP day of the year. HOORAY!

I SERIOUSLY need to get back on track for practical reasons...fitting into my work clothes. So, motivation is back and I told DH to punch whenever he sees me with food...even if it's meal time! LOL I worked out today also which I haven't done for a week. It's progress....

shoeless
01-04-2011, 02:23 AM
OK, so here we go, back to work, back OP.

Daily check in:
weight:186 cals:

X

shatteredfallendove
01-04-2011, 06:37 AM
Can I join?

My goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of this month.

SW- 260
GW- 250

I will log my food and outake
Drink more water
And actually work out at least 45 min every day :-)

NightAngel26
01-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Ms Perception- Hey at least I'm not alone with being off plan lately....lol! It sucks not to fit into the work clothes huh? I got rid of a lot of my 18s last year so now there's almost nothing nice to wear! GL with the exercise, I still need to get back into exercising....tell me, anything new and interesting on that front? I get bored with my methods. :dizzy:

Gekster-Did the natural relaxation spa stuff help ya? Just wondering....being less stressed seems to help keep some people on track. I remember South Beach to some degree, how's phase 1? :)

Miss Mallee-Hwy, don't sweat it! Working out can make all the difference! :carrot:

Hopeful8-Nice! Being Super good around these big holidays is apparently too much of a reach for me so you're already winning the battle there! :o

I see a lot of 10lb goals on here this month, nice to know I'm not alone in the 10lb drop category. Anyone who's interested in sharing their methods is welcome, I'm always interested in new things as I get bored with my routines and they fall off.Anybody else like that?

NightAngel26
01-04-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm going to try to behave myself with checking in here. It seems to help keep me accountable and op more often.

Sooo.... I admit one thing for sure...yesterday was grocery day and it's almost impossible for me to stay on plan and not buy bad things. I did however buy more veggies and fruit and less cookies and ice cream :carrot:.

Needless to say, I definitely ate too much and am not planning on looking at my scale today at all. I'm very likely to look at the scale every day when dieting, but I know it won't love me today!

Being home too much really is good and bad. I have time to exercise and plan out my day, but I get bored and eat things too. I'm going to try to write myself a nice list and stick to it. A salad will be on the menu. :hungry:

susiemartin
01-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Yesterday was mostly OP - ate good foods but still too much of them. Planning for a better OP day today.

True to my evil water retention/ insulin levels fluctuating self :D.....
I'm down almost 6 pounds 238.6 -from 1/1 and have the start of a sugar withdrawal headache.
Thank goodness Christmas is so far away again. Hopefully I can make some real progress this year.

Hope your day is a good one!

TheBunneh
01-04-2011, 12:06 PM
The several pounds from NYE I was pretty confident was water have gone now, and I'm back at 166. So I guess I was right. I'm totally 100% back on plan and super motivated. I think NYE was perfect for making me realize that the idea of letting myself indulge is very often better than the actual indulgence. I'm going to remember that from now on.

I bought myself a hrm and a new pair of fitness shoes. I love them! I'm actually a little surprised how much seeing my heart rate motivated me to push harder, and workout longer. I hope this doesn't wear off!

Gekster
01-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Ms P- I actually had to go buy a few larger nice outfits because I had gotten rid of a lot of clothes. It felt horrible! I do not wish that for you. Good luck on getting those pounds off again. I think it might be nice to have such a practical reason as to fit into work clothes again to keep you on track.

Night Angel- I just do videos at home and I try to switch it up every couple days because I get very board with the same things. And I totally understand the double edged sword of staying home during the day! I will be glad to go start teaching next week, just to get myself out of the house and away from the food other than what I take with me.

The spa was amazing! I'm not a completely all natural person, but I really do enjoy aromatherapy type things. As soon as I walked into the place the music and scents just relaxed me. I have always wanted a real massage, but am scared too because of my weight, but here a neck a shoulders massage came with the haircut. Going in I was nervous, but as soon as I walked through the door I was calm and relaxed. I left there with a new outlook that it was time to start this again.. and when I hit 225 I think I might actually splurge for a complete massage..

So day 1 of Phase 1 of SBD started yesterday, or was supposed to.. I was really good until about 5.. I even exercised! Then I was going to get a some veggies after the workout and I saw the banana nut bread and it all went down the drain. I was telling myself the whole time you should stop this, but I didn't. Surprisingly though the scale was nice to me at 271.8, which is where I was New Years eve before the drinking.. We stocked up the house with loads of veggies and beans and luckily the only non-SBD thing bought was croissants for the BF's lunches. I am going to do a clean day 2 today, seriously. And exercise! I forgot how good I feel afterward.

NightAngel26
01-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Hey Geckster-
That sounded good, I've never even considered a massage myself. Drinking NYE certainly does seem to affect the scale doesn't it? Well overall it sounds like you're doing good. No worries, yesterday it was aRodeo Burger from Burger King for me....and I didn't even want to go out to eat but the girls and me were shopping and driving through and ordering just doesn't work for me as far as behaving. Ah the south beach....yes. Is that a low carb diet or is it just not allowing certain foods?

TheBunneh- hey, sounds like you are super motivated! That's awesome. :carrot: What kind of hrm did you buy? Did you buy those new fit shoes or regular ones? I've been meaning to try the fit shoes :dizzy:

Ashley89
01-04-2011, 02:37 PM
My Goal is to be at my mini goal by the end of this month, which is 130. ; ) i know i can do it! Good luck ladies! let's keep each other motivated! I am 140.8 today.

NightAngel26
01-04-2011, 02:38 PM
I did eat that salad today, and nothing bad nor a loaded juice or soda. Go me! I've taken to drinking crystal light to go packets but I got bored. So, I now use sparkling flavored water with them.

Warning!! :o definitely do not shake the sparkling water...blew the seal on my thermos! woo, those pack a punch! I have found that using like a quarter of regular water and a packet and shaking it works wonders...then just adding fizzy.

Anybody else love Crystal Light?

Peaches5577
01-04-2011, 03:06 PM
I would love to join!!! Hope its not too late!

Goal for 2/1/11 is to lose 10 lbs from 1/1/11's weigh in of 170.0
Goal Weight 160.0

Stay OP 6 days a week
Drink at least 64 ounces of water/daily
25+ minutes on elliptical every day I am not at the barn (horses are a workout in themselves)

Gekster
01-04-2011, 03:14 PM
NightAngel- Phase 1 is no sugars and basically no carb, but phase 2 brings back fruits and good carbs. I have PCOS so I need to be really careful with the carbs. Are you following any sort of plan?

NightAngel26
01-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Gekster-

Keeping to a plan has been difficult. I'd say I'm trying to cut down on carbs. I tried nixing bread,pasta...the big stuff and felt bored and deprived but lost quite a bit quickly. Def not sustainable. So, no real measure but less carbs.

Lowering fat content is important too, partly because I expect to be trying Alli again and I know what fat does.

Other than that it's about controlling my binge eating...I'm terrible...they say we didn't gain it in a month and we can't lose it in a month but really I can easily gain 20lbs in a month if I binge a lot.

Good luck, the SB plan is very popular and many people say it does well by them. I remember that diet being closely linked with fish as well...if so really fish is pretty good for you. I know I try to incorporate some.

What's PCOS?

Gekster
01-04-2011, 11:03 PM
NightAngel- As much as I love pasta, bread, and potatoes, they hate me. I don't really want to not have them, but I am better off without. And maybe at some point I will be able to control myself enough not to binge on them. PCOS is a hormone imbalance that makes it harder to lose weight because of the insulin levels, which are really effected by carbs.

I am calling today an OP day, even if I did go over the amount of oil for the day.. I gave a crazy craving and satisfied it with peanut butter. I think it is a good trade off to have an extra tbsp of peanut butter rather than something really bad. I tried a new recipe that was a complete hit. I was able to get in quite a bit of good stuff and I ate a reasonable portion and I am feeling pretty good about it.

cincimom11
01-04-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm in! I hope to be in the 180s by February 1.

Is there any way you can edit the original post and put everyone's goals there? That would make this super easy to navigate! Thanks for putting this together. :)

30before20
01-05-2011, 03:50 AM
I just started today which is the 4th. My goal is to lose 10 pounds by the feb 3rd and reduce my rice intake which is my biggest problem.

NightAngel26
01-05-2011, 06:12 AM
Hey Gekster.... PCOS, how do they test for that? I'm just wondering if I might have trouble there..always been imbalanced one way or another...hormones..etc :dizzy:

susiemartin
01-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Yesterday was pretty much OP - still too much food, but at least it's the right types.
Planning on an OP day today.

LouisaH
01-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Hey Chicklets, happy new year! Nice to see such positive, confident goals from everyone. Wish I could feel as positive. I just want to get off the dang sugar! I'm perfectly happy with how I've maintained over the holidays, and actually had my first weigh-in of the year on Monday the 3rd (I was out of town) at 150.8, which was less than Friday, so I lost weight over new year's. Crazy. Unfortunately it's gone up over the past two days--151.4 today.

I still want to get to my final goal of 145 (or at least get rid of the rest of the flab on my body, whatever that weight may be). I'm going to set my goal moderately, considering I'm starting out the month with a cold and I haven't exercised in two days and have yet to count calories this month. Also, I'm going on a vacation to Florida next week, so I'm going to shoot for 4 pounds this month--hopefully I'll lose one of those before I have to put on a bathing suit!

MsP: Congrats on the job, and on the new motivation for getting back to your goal weight!

Good luck everyone. I started my weight loss a year ago and can can attest to the saying "a year from now, you'll be so glad you started now." We can do this.

Crystalx5
01-05-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm a little late in joining - sorry! My goal for the month of January is to lose one pound. Yep. One. To be consistent with some form of exercise. I need sore muscles!!!!

jlo1025
01-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Starting today 1/5/11
My goal is to lose at least 10lbs.
SW: 145
GW: 135
And get back to exercising everyday! I cant miss one day or else i feel sluggish.

:exercise:

be strong!

Gekster
01-05-2011, 01:59 PM
NightAngel- There isn't one single test, it is more like a series of symptoms and then they test your hormone levels. A big indicator for a lot of people is a non regular cycle. The PCOS thread here on the boards have a whole lots of information on it :)

Weighed in at 269.8! I am sooo happy to be back into the 260's! When I fell off before I was around 262 so just being back in the 260's makes me feel like I am almost back to where I was. Today I am thinking about not working out because I am really sore. I worked out the last two days in a row and it was the first time in like 5 months. I think I could work out today, and be less intense. I don't know. I will for sure be good about food though.

novelistabac
01-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi All!

My goal is to lose 10 lbs in January. SW: 200, GW: 190

NightAngel26
01-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Gekster- You're doing good, change and dropping numbers are good! As for the exercise, it's not really a bad thing to take a break every little bit especially if you're just getting into the swing. :dancer:

Crystalx4- hey, are you close to your goal? I'm surprised to see 1lb interests but it seems less stressful anyway....

LouisaH- Hey, I remember you! Sounds like you're doing very well! Care to share any secrets to your success? It's been forever since I've been on here regularly, miss the regulars! ;)

As for me,well not so well behaved today...too much time in an area where you stare at fast food every 500ft....anyway, not terribly bad either not like a binge day anyway. I did do some strength exercises and a small bit of cardio....it's a start.

Laneebm
01-05-2011, 08:32 PM
My January goal would be to get to 210.

Ms Perception
01-05-2011, 11:39 PM
January Goal List

shatteredfallendove: Lose 10 lbs, Log food, Drink more water
Ashley89: Reach 130 lbs
Peaches5577: Lose 10 lbs, Stay OP 6 days/wk, Drink at least 64 oz water/day
cincimom11: Reach 180's
30before20: Lose 10 lbs by 2/3, Reduce rice intake
LouisaH: Lose 4 lbs
Crystalx4: Lose 1 lb
jlo1025: Lose at least 10 lbs
novelista225: Lose 10 lbs
Laneebm: Reach 210 lbs

Ms Perception
01-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Kinda tired, so if I messed up updating th goal list, let me know.

Work has really messed with my routine. I feel like I wake up, get everyone off to school/work, go to work, come home and make supper and go to bed. I'm losing hours somehow since I keep getting to bed at 11p.m. or so. I know it's going to continue to be an adjustment. At least there's very little time to overeat!

Blinded Grace
01-06-2011, 01:44 AM
My goal Is to lose 10 pounds and/ or 5 inches around my waist

carvedmarmalade
01-06-2011, 06:33 PM
I'd really really like to be at 209lbs that's 11lbs

I really want to be under 200lbs by feb 20 (that's 30th my birthday!!) I'm not sure if that is realistic but I'm going to give it my best shot!

I'm borrowing Hopeful8's fantasic quote this month to motivate me:
Nobody ever says "I wish I didn't workout today"

Workout goals are at least 770 minutes of cardio and 240 miuntes of weight training/abs

Ms Perception
01-06-2011, 06:56 PM
January Goal List

JillyM: Reach 188 lbs
Blinded Grace: Lose 10 lbs and/or lose 5 inches around waist
carvedmarmalade: Reach 209 lbs
ja2ma6lee: Lose 5 lbs
slimlizzie2: Lose 5 lbs
gnat7: Reach 200 lbs
tttellier: Lose 5 lbs
Vak: 3 meals a day on time/no skipping, Tiny porions of "taboo" foods, 7-8 hours sleep/night

Ms Perception
01-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Hey ladies (and any lurking gents)!

I'm actually getting on here at a decent hour. I'm so thrilled to not have anything going on tonight! Evening activities have sucked the life out of me a little this week. Tonight is relaxation night...sorta.

I was happy to see the scale still moving in the right direction this morning. There's that lingering dissappointment that I messed up the week between Christmas and New Years and undid my December progress, but I just figure I'm movin' on. I have noticed that I'm less active now with this office job, so I have to make up for it with more exercise...or any exercise. In the nicer weather I can walk during my lunch, but it's around 0 degrees the rest of this week, so I think I'll pass on the walks for now.

It's good to hear how people are doing and see old names returning and new names showing up. Sorry I haven't responded to direct comments. I was literally running on empty earlier this week. I think I'm bouncing back now. After all, tomorrow's FRIDAY!!

gnat7
01-06-2011, 07:31 PM
My goal is 200lbs for Feb 1st

NightAngel26
01-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Ms Perception- work is a little like that I'm afraid....it makes you feel like you live there and only get the essentials done before the next day creeps up on you. I like my latest job, it's only part time but I sort of set my own hours...just things that have deadlines. Maybe when it gets regular you'll find that you can squeeze in some nice down time? :cool:

As for me, well my job helps me lose a bit and sometimes to keep from eating junk. I clean foreclosed homes (empty ones) and it's a pretty good workout. Not thrilled with sub temperatures though...makes it awfully hard to mop a floor and avoid an ice rink. :shrug:

Anyway, not totally behaving...I did well all day, had some granola with banana in the morning yesterday, low cal soup for lunch...and then dinner came. We had the frozen pizza, which is friendlier than the take out...but I ate most of one myself...one regular sized one....so we'll see how the scale runs tomorrow. :devil:

Exercise is very little right now, trying to get into it without throwing myself at it cause it burns me out. Inching toward more cardio....mostly strength and stretching to start. I do miss my mp3 player though...it's been missing a while. :(

Ms Perception
01-07-2011, 10:42 PM
NightAngel-I'm adjusting to work, but this first week was a real eye-opener. It does make it harder to eat junk during the day and now I eat a good breakfast and lunch, so if I can keep suppers under control I'm golden!

Tomorrow is DS's first basketball weekend tournament. Just 2 games, should be fun to watch. We're going out for lunch, but that's my only temptation for the weekend. Here's to a healthy weekend and a great Monday weigh-in!

tttellier
01-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Well I'm back...been MIA for about a month. The only postive is I haven't gained tons. Will officially weigh tomorrow morning to assess the damage. I plan on starting diet and exercise this Monday. Regardless, I am hoping for a 5 lb loss (more would be great:D) which should be attainable if I just stick to it. I probably won't see my husband for at least a month (he had to move out of state for military and our house isn't selling:cry:) Makes dieting easier and would be nice to get down one size by then. Sorry for rambling....thanks for "listening"!

NightAngel26
01-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Ms Perception- Yeah I get ya with the dinner thing that one gets me every time!

As for my progress, well it's none right now but I'm not discouraged. I've seen little pieces of a lb drop away so it's coming. I think the reson I'm not seeing it today is too much mashed potato at dinner :o.

Dinner is a naughty time for me and I also have the "no leftovers" syndrome, constituting me to eat anything left from dinner....even trying to wrap it to put it in the fridge usually causes me to take some if not all. It's only easier when I'm not cooking and I don't have to go look at it. Anybody else have that problem? :?:

JillyM
01-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Hello everyone!

My first post said my goal was 188 by February 1st.

Yesterday I weigh in at 196.7. I didn't weigh today. I am very bloated (TOM). I think I am on a good track to reach my goal and all bloating will be gone by then!

I have decided my next goal is to drink, drink, drink! I have always read to drink half of your body weight in ounces every day. That would put me between 10 and 11 cups a day. I am going to really push it! My only issue is I work in people's home and some people I don't want to even sit on their couch (ewwww) let alone their toilet! But I will find a way.

Good luck everyone!

Hopeful8
01-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Happy weekend ladies,

My weight, I feel, is playing games w/me. I see a nice big loss then for the next few days I creep back up a little, then it's another big loss. It hasn't ever done this before but this seems to be the trend for the past few weeks. Today's weigh in had me at 144.4, which I never ever remember seeing. Maybe w/all those 4's I'll play that number in Powerball Lottery tonight. Only 2.4lbs to go until I reach my January goal and 4.4lbs until I reach my overall goal. I've become a lot more strict about tracking every bite that goes in my mouth. These last 10lbs have been taunting me and I just want to get it over with already. I never tracked my calories throughout my weight loss so hopefully this helps to get me to the finish.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Gekster
01-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Things have been a bit crazy around here.. and I now I should give SBD more of a chance, but I can't do it. I guess I will be going back to my old way of just watching the type of carb I eat and limiting over all. SBD was just too restrictive and although I love the recipes, it didn't lend itself to making me feel satisfied. Oh well. I am hlding steady at 269.6 for 3 days in a row now. I would think the scale was broken if my body fat % wasn't changing. I'm happy starting next week off knowing I'm back in the '60s and I will continue this into the semester.

Summer2010
01-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Sw 205
Cw 200.5
Gw 195

Ms Perception
01-08-2011, 10:22 PM
JillyM-Sorry 'bout that. Some people post a goal weight and how many pounds that would take to get there, so I post just one or the other on the list. I fixed it now. :)

Vak and tttellier- You've been added to the list! :welcome: (or welcome back!)

I went to the buffet today for lunch and did my typical indulging, but ate no supper and did over an hour of exercise this afternoon, so I hope tomorrow won't be cruel scale-wise. Today was a good number, but I'll wait to change my ticker after I see what tomorrow holds. I've LOVED the weekend after my first work week. The weekends now hold MUCH more significance!
We finally took down our Christmas tree today also which was an adventure. The needles were everywhere (live tree) and they ended up clogging the vacuum in like 3 places, but we finally got it all cleaned up so the living room looks normal again. I think I may take down my Christmas village tomorrow. I put it in an inconvenient place and will have to find a better spot for it next year so I can leave it up for more of the winter with my snowman stuff. Well, that's what's going on in my corner of the world...

tttellier
01-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Well, I weighed for the first time this morning. After all my horrible eating and lack of exercise through the holidays, I only gained 1/2 a pound! Much better than I thought. Here's hoping that my resolve will stick! Good luck everyone!

BeautyandtheBeast
01-09-2011, 03:32 AM
157.8lb this morning! Yay, I'm getting there :)

I've had a good week. I've managed to exercise every day so far and stay OP.

Yesterday we went to a Wedding Preparation Day at the church and I managed to bypass on the biscuits which is quite an accomplishment for me, and I only had a small portion of the lunch they served. I'm very pleased with myself.

My fiance is a nightmare though. He thinks he is funny (he never takes anything seriously). He's one of those really skinny guys who eats so much junk he should be the size of a house and he keeps bringing packets of biscuits and other junk into the house and the other day even brought in a bag of marshmallows (which I love) and instead of just keeping them in his office secretly he has to first, show them to me and then leave them lying in the pantry, so basically our pantry is stacked high with sweets - we have chocolates, crisps, biscuits and sweets all stuffed in there. He says he's making me stronger... I mean seriously!

Anyway, I haven't touched anything he has brought into the house, in fact, I haven't really been all that tempted. At the moment all that matters is losing this weight especially with the wedding looming up in front of us.

I hope everyone is doing well. I always feel that when I'm dieting time moves so slowly but when I'm not it moves so fast and suddenly I've put on ten pounds. It is so frustrating. Though I am trying not to hold the dieting mentality. I want this to be a lifestyle change.

tttellier
01-09-2011, 10:25 AM
BeautyandtheBeast- congrats on your resolve to stay away from the sweets! I am currently purging my pantry because sweets is my Achilles heel. Good Luck!

Ms Perception
01-09-2011, 04:22 PM
January Goal List

Vak: 3 meals a day on time/no skipping, Tiny portions of "taboo" foods, 7-8 hours sleep/night
Hawaii Bound: Lose 10 lbs
iDream: Lose 5 lbs

Ms Perception
01-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I forgot to weigh this morning, but I know it wasn't great since I weighed after lunch and that number was high and we only had Vegetable Beef soup and crackers. Well, it's early in the month and I will just make conscientious choices to make sure the scale moves in the right direction.

Hawaii Bound
01-09-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm in if it's not too late. Today is Jan 9th and I'd like to loose 10lbs. by the end of the month. I weigh 202.3 today so I'd like to get down to 192.3 at least.

Hopeful8
01-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Happy Wildcard Playoff weekend chicklets, Hopefully you're team made it in to the NFL post season!

Saw another encouraging loss this morning, the scale read 143.6. I can't, ever in my life, remember stepping on the scale and seeing myself weigh that little. I'm 1.6lbs away from my January goal and 3.6lbs away from my ultimate goal. Tracking my food intake has really made a difference in losing these last 10lbs.

It's so weird how weight loss works. From November 09' through June 10' (7 months) I lost 50lbs. Then in the last 7 months, June 10' through Jan 11' I lost 15lbs. Oh how I wish that my weight loss would always be like the first week of my journey. I remember when I was dropping 5lbs per week w/no issue, and now I'm jumping for joy if I lose 5lbs in a month. Well thats enough of my rant. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

iDream
01-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Okay...deep breath...

I'm back girls. I see some familiar faces and I hope you're all doing well!

I am completely embarrassed to admit that every pound I lost last year I gained back. It was a combination of laziness, depression and just plain pigging out over the holiday months that did it. I have no one to blame but myself. I am now ready to stop sabotaging myself and ready to get back to being healthy.

My goal for this month is to lose 5 lbs. I won't be here daily to chat like I was in the past, but I'll shoot for weekly.

seagirl
01-10-2011, 09:05 AM
1) stick to WW plan
2) earn at least 20 APs per week
3) lose 5 pounds (which would get me out of the 180s!)

Hopefully 1 + 2 = 3

So apparently I was 184 when I posted this (wish I'd written it down here...)
The last few days have been 182.6, so I'm heading in the right direction! :carrot:

NightAngel26
01-10-2011, 03:25 PM
After all this finally I'm seeing progress! Down to 246!! Hey, I'm getting there! This kind of thing makes me think I might make my goal...if so it'll be the first time since I joined back in the beginning of last year that that's happened....woot! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Ms Perception
01-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Welcome back, iDream! So good to have you back! I'm no poster child for weight loss either, but at least you're back at it and ready to move on. We'll encourage each other!

Hawaii Bound- :welcome: Glad to have you with us! It's never too late to start.

I weighed in at 148 something this morning with full awareness of why, so we'll try not to do that again...darn weekends!!!!

Hopeful8-My Packers made it to another week!!! Yay! Unfortunately, I ate too much "Touchdown Taco Dip" and tortilla chips, so I was greeted with a yucky gain this morning. Well, on the upside, my team won! :D

Hopeful8
01-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Ms.P- Congrats to The Pack. I'm from Philly and I'm a Niners fan so seeing the Packers win was not my idea of a good day :D

slimlizzie2
01-11-2011, 09:40 AM
I am back ... my goal is 5+lbs this month..

Hopeful8
01-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Good morning all,

I hope everyone got off to a good start for the week. Just wanted to drop in before I head to the gym. I'm down another .2 today :carrot: and I really feel as though I may even make my ultimate goal this month. I'm not relaying that thought to my scale because I do not want her to sabotage my progress.

Have a wonderful day guys!

Ashley89
01-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Okay, edited to fix post.

I weighed yesterday at 139.6 or.8 i believe ( i think its TOM) i just got off of 5 days of Provera to start my period so i'm assuming its coming. Im hoping that when i start my period ill see the scale jump down a couple pounds, cause ive been staying on track and trying hard. I've got to loose 9 lbs to hit my goal...3# a week!!! bring it on!! also, my shopping day is the end of this month, so if i dont hit my goal, i dont get to shop :(

Dixiemae
01-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi every one. I was in this group last year. I lost my way. So glad to see Ms P still has this group. I would like to rejoin and get started again!!

SW 162 This month is almost half over so I will start simple and work from there. Loose 3 pounds by Jan 31. That would be 159. I think my ticker says 152 :-/ Catch ya all later Pat

Blinded Grace
01-12-2011, 10:13 PM
I am excited I have lost 4 lbs ^_^ 6 more lbs to go!

tttellier
01-12-2011, 10:40 PM
I am down .5 lb and back to where I was before the holidays hit.... and I hit the food. Finally in the right mindset and spent two hours in the gym today. I was OP with eating all day!! (First time since before Christmas!)

Hopeful8
01-12-2011, 10:58 PM
What an absolutely fabulous day....early morning workout, great lunch, power nap, fab. yoga session, tofu salad for dinner, and a relaxing bath to cap the night.

Lord please let me hit Powerball tonight so this can be my every day :D

Dixiemae
01-13-2011, 02:10 PM
went to the grocery store and bought a lot of fruits and veggies. I am ready to do this!!. I picked up a candy bar in the check out. saying Im sharing half with my son. No big deal. then I thought about it and put it down. No sugar!! Had a salad with grilled chicken. no dressing because they didnt have lemon slices not even for water or iced tea:-/ how strange. No soda diet or regular. Caffine withdrawl sucks and equals headache. Im worth it!!! Done ranting :-)) Catch ya all later Pat

Ps: my son is looking at my scale trying to get it to weigh in pounds. I didnt weigh in this morning. I may have to find a conversion so I can use pound weight. he cant change it soo conversion is what I will use.

crm
01-13-2011, 03:08 PM
my goals
1. lose 5lbs by the end of January
2. make it to the gym at least 12 times;)

NightAngel26
01-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Well, today is my boyfriend's b-day and I said I would try to behave as much as I could but really I ate everything and everything that's naughty...guaranteed I will see a couple lbs heavier for a bit.....eh....and we start again....

So yeah, pizza,lasagna,pancakes,eggs,sausage, cake and ice cream..... whew! I'll just have to be super good.... :o

carvedmarmalade
01-14-2011, 05:30 PM
So I'm down 2 lbs for January whoo!

I really need to get my *** in gear! Last month I did so much better I was down nearly double by this time in December.
I just went through my calendar and I have noticed that my biggest problem is on the weekends. I think my husband is a bad influence. We stay up way to late end up with no energy to workout, and it's really throwing off my eating too. This weekend I am going to make a big effort to change that and go to bed on time and eat like I would during the week actual meals and NO snacking gezz that's a hard one :dizzy:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Ms Perception
01-14-2011, 07:56 PM
January Goal List

Vak: 3 meals a day on time/no skipping, Tiny portions of "taboo" foods, 7-8 hours sleep/night
Dixiemae: Lose 5 lbs
crm: Lose 5 lbs

Ms Perception
01-14-2011, 08:05 PM
I've not been entirely OP but at least I'm down about 2.5 pounds from the beginning of the month. I should be down a bunch more, but I've had several instances of overeating. I'm planning to have a cleaner weekend than last weekend. Then I can consider it a success.
I've been keeping active enough by shoveling alone, but there's also been the walking dvd's and a little ST'ing. I must stay on track. I'm going to go back to WW and see if that doesn't help also.

tttellier
01-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Third OP eating day!!! Down some more weight. I love it when the work you put in shows up on the scales. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

SW: 143
CW: 141.5

Rashomon
01-15-2011, 02:35 PM
I lost five pounds in two weeks! If I keep at this pace, I'll make my month's goal! I wasn't entirely on plan, but at the very least, I tried to make decent food decisions.

cincimom11
01-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Oops, I forgot to check in here! I reached my goal! Hello, 180s! I have not been in the 180s in a long time. :) My new goal is to hit 187 by the end of the month.

NightAngel26
01-15-2011, 11:50 PM
cincimom11- woot wooot! :celebrate::celebrate::celebrate: Great job meeting your goal! any reward in mind for you?

Rashomon-omg very nice with the 5lbs! Any secrets you'd like to share? :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

tttellier-Good goin with the OP...more than I could do the last couple days...keep it up! :dizzy:

Ms Perception-Hey, you're down some lbs, that's good right? Don't lose faith!! Hows the new WW point system?

As for me, I'm kind of naughty the last few days...looks like I don't like to check in when I do that, so I'm trying to check in today. I ate ok today, not what I planned but not overdone. Yesterday not so much, or the day before but so far I'm not sabotaged yet. I'm trying to stay motivated and focused...hard for some reason when I start backsliding.... :dizzy:

Hopeful8
01-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Good Sunday morning ladies...Hopefully everyone is having an OP weekend so far. I have to say that I was a little nervous about stepping on the scale these last two days. I went to the Nuggets/Heat game on Thursday and I totally enjoyed some nachos w/extra cheese and multiple beers. I always get nachos at sporting events. I don't really care about the calories, it's a guilty pleasure that I love love love to indulge in.

So after all that yummy/bad food I saw another nice loss this morning. I weighed in at 142.2 which puts me .2 lbs away from my January goal and 2.2lbs away from my ultimate goal. I would be so excited if I actually met my ultimate goal this month. With the way things are going for me in January I think it actually might be a possibility!!!!

Ms.P- Congrats to the Packers on another very impressive win!

dandk0204
01-16-2011, 12:28 PM
I would like to join in!

I had my twin boys on January 4th and ready to get back in shape. I'm not allowed to exercise for another few weeks so I am focusing on my diet. I've lost pretty much all my pregnancy weight except maybe 2-4 pounds so now I'm just working on the rest.

My goal is to lose 4 pounds this month =)
Starting Weight: 212
January Goal Weight: 208

Merienda
01-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Goals this month
1. Cut out bread and pasta
2. Control binge eating
and I hope those two will result in my number 3 goal
3. lose a total of 15 lbs (6 already lost)

Hopeful8
01-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Ms. P- Please mark me as red as I have made my January goal of reaching 142lbs. That mark also puts me at 65lbs lost which means I get a new chick in my avatar :carrot: I'm so excited, this is the first time I've ever reached a monthly goal in this thread since I have started my journey. My next stop is final goal of 140lbs!

I hope you all have a wonderful and OP week!

Summer2010
01-17-2011, 08:38 PM
I was at 199.2 as of this morning-some of it is water retention from the weekend. GW is 195 lbs.

Lewisempire
01-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Hello, January Challenge Gals!!!!
The Holidays were too great, with a trip back home to family.
It has been so difficult to get back into healthy lifestyle mentality since getting back home. I go to bed each night with great intentions, but somehow not make it the next day. Soooooo..... Tonight is gonna be different.
I know I need a written plan before the next day starts to be successful. Tonight I took the time, and my day is planned for tomorrow.
My goal for the rest of January is to lose 4 pounds. Thanks Ms. P and everyone else for being here when I finally drug myself back!

Ms Perception
01-18-2011, 10:53 AM
January Goal List

cincimom11: Reach 180's, Reach 187 lbs
dandk0204: Lose 4 lbs
Merienda: Cut out bread and pasta, Control binges, Lose 15 lbs total
Lewisempire: Lose 4 lbs

Ms Perception
01-18-2011, 10:59 AM
A huge :congrat: to Hopeful8 and cincimom11, who've made goal this month already! Keep up the good work. You're an inspiration to the rest of us!!

Also, congrats to you, dandk0204 on the birth of your twins! That must keep you busy. Good for you for taking the time to take care of yourself also!!

I've also added you to the list Lewisempire and Merienda!

So glad you're back LE! I'm really struggling this month to not eat stupid. REALLY struggling!!! I think I' gonna need one of our 7 day OP challenges soon, though there's roadblocks in the way every week...AAARGHHHH. I'll just keep on keepin' on for now.

Lewisempire
01-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Ok MsP I am ready whenever you are. So far today has been STRESSFUL but I have stayed on Plan...... I am in the **** or high-water mode!! Thanks for putting me on the list.
Everyone else, I will have to catch up later tonight when iget home from class
LUV YAS!

susiemartin
01-18-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm struggling to get back on my plan. I keeping gaining & then losing :( A total yoyo

MS. P could you please change my January goal to 238? I think that's probably achievable at this point. Thanks

Jeepers
01-18-2011, 08:57 PM
I will loose 5 pounds by February first.

slimlizzie2
01-19-2011, 07:10 AM
goodmorning..Sorry I have been MIA for a bit stuggling with poundage ... started at 177 gained 5 (salted) lost 3 of that now still want to lose 5 in JANUARY!

cincimom11 & Hopeful8: WTG!!!

182 180 _*_178 176 :carrot: 172 168 166 163 162 160 158 156 154 152 150 148 147

Lewisempire
01-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Good morning everyone!
Ok day 2 will be ON PLAN! I have a todo list a mile long. The first thing is stay on plan, and workout.
Susiemartin- It is so hard to stay track sometimes, Maybe your body is going through an adjustment.....IDK, but I have seen you kick some butt when it comes to weight loss. This too shall pass......

Girls, I gotta get busy today, I have taxes, homework, housework to get done. :dizzy: somebody pray for me!!!!!;)

NightAngel26
01-19-2011, 08:10 AM
looks like I'm not the only one struggling to stay at a good number. I gained 2 lbs and I'm trying to drop it back so I will be going extremely low carb for a little bit to regain some ground...I can only do it so long because it means cutting all breads,pastas,cereal, etc. It does work but it's a short term fix and if I eat too many carbs to restart it'll backfire. Wish me luck, y'all and also the motivation to try my new Zumba game for the Wii! :carrot:

Hopeful8
01-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Good morning chicklets, hopefully everyone is having a wonderful week. Just wanted to stop in a report on my progress. I dropped another 1 lb, so now I am only 1 teeny tiny little pound away from my ultimate goal.

It's time to hit the gym. Have a fabulous day!!!

iDream
01-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Good morning ladies! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

LEWIS!!!~ Nice to see another oldie back for a challenge--not sure if you saw my post, but I fell off the wagon, got run over and dragged for miles and all of the weight I had lost I have gained back and then some. I was really, really angry at myself and just gave up--but now I'm back and I'm staying on track! So, so glad MsP kept this group alive!!!

MsP~ thanks for adding me to the list and for maintaining it and stuff for us!

Okay, well, it was a crazy week last week filled with naughty cats (we have 2 of them) who weren't feeling well and decided that the new litter we bought wasn't good enough to poop in so that meant lots of messes to clean (*gag*), then trips to the vet and one to the dr. after our big cat bit me (long story, but he wasn't feeling well and I grabbed him wrong and he bit me--totally my fault) for antibiotics and a tetanus shot. Fun, fun. However, that let to me finally talking to the dr about the foot pain I've had for the past few months and then an appt with the foot dude. It turns out I am missing a bone in each pinky toe, have a tight calf tendon, hammer toes and a sprained joint on my left foot. Great. Only surgery can repair it, but in the meantime I'm using insoles, donut cushions on my pinky joint and he prescribed me anti inflammatories. I took one and decided not to take them again--I woke up the next morning soooooo swollen! Geez! Anyway, there's tons of icky side effects with them anyway, so they'll be for agonizing pain only. ;)

So, with all that said, I was down maybe a pound for last week. Not much, but I'm down even more so far this week so I'll just keep plugging away. :)

Got my workout in, healthy breakfast in and I have my trusty water jug by my side! It's going to be a great OP day!!!

Okay ladies, I'll be back in a few days--until then, make every day count and drink your water!!! :D

dandk0204
01-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Ms Perception - Thank You!

My goal was 4 pounds and I lost 6 so far. I think all this weight loss has to do with the fluid/blood pressure medicine my doc prescribed to me last week. I'm now officially below my pre-pregnancy weight though :)

susiemartin
01-19-2011, 11:15 AM
LE - The only adjustment my body is going through is from the non stop binging. My jeans and bras are really tight again :( because I'm fatter.

I threw out my bigger clothes and so I've been hanging out in my overalls.
That would be my version of sweatpants ;) Ugh........

Yesterday was almost 100% so I'm making some progress. We still have tons of snow here which makes daily walking impossible for me.

Hope everyone has a good OP day. :carrot:

crm
01-19-2011, 02:11 PM
I have 13 days left to lose my 5 lbs and make my workout goal. I've made it to the gym 8 times and walked the indoor track at the university a couple of days. Would like to park farther away at work but -25 degrees is preventing that. :( I have been watching what I have been eating much closer so the weight loss will come.

Lewisempire
01-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Well I am counting today as day #2 POP. Not easy, I was pretty much stuck in the house all day, doing math homework. Just to give you an idea how much fun it was, I took breaks to wash dishes, and fold clothes. Whoopee!!!! So I am very proud of me!!!

Idream, so glad to see you back.... I wondered where you had gotten off to. Sucks that you couldn't break out before you gained the weight back, but it will make you that much stronger when you lose it all again! No need to be embarrressed, No one can/will judge you here. You are amongst friends who care about you, and have been there. so go drink some WATER!!!!

SusieMartin- ok well, come on lets get it done 100%POP. LOL, easier said than done! But you had a heck of a run not too long ago, so I know you can do it!!!!

susiemartin
01-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Morning all :)
LE - Thanks for the encouragement! I'm with you girl. I just finished day #2 of almost 100% OP. The foods are all good - just still a little too much & a lack of exercise.

I'm planning for another OP day with some kind of activity even if it's shoveling manure for 20 minutes :cool:

Hope everyone has a good one too!

Lewisempire
01-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Good morning ladies! I am just checking in..... got taxes to mess with today. but I am on plan, and staying that way! Hope everyone has a great day!

LouisaH
01-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi Chicklets. I've been getting on to read occasionally, but it's been a weird month. I've been lazy and can't make myself count calories, and am working in maintenance mode, rather than actually working at getting my last few pounds off.

I've been sick twice this month--first a cold, and now stomach flu, and I went to Florida as well, so it's been a weird one, hard to follow a plan. My weight is down to 147 this morning, but it's because I've had two glasses of water and five mini pretzels in the past 36 hours, but spent the whole day yesterday expelling everything from my body (sorry). Ugh. Let's hope this clears up soon.

Sorry, my brain is not functioning well enough to do personals, but LE, glad you're back, and you too Idream. MsP, if I could formulate a plan right now, I would join you and LE in it!

jlo1025
01-20-2011, 04:23 PM
I've hit a weight plateau! The scale won't budge. I've been sticking to my plan, and I haven't cheated, but I'm not losing any more weight. help!

NightAngel26
01-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Hey Jlo1025.... Well I can say that it tends to happen and is very frustrating...maybe try changing up your workout.... or taking a break and starting up again...mine won't budge if my body gets too used to something.... :hug:

susiemartin
01-21-2011, 07:02 AM
Good Morning All :)
Just checking in.
Yesterday was another good OP day. This morning I woke up hungry - which is the first time that's happened since just before Thanksgiving :dizzy:

It's dumping snow here again today ...the weather is so out of control :cool: ....it's just doesn't want to stop! Looks like we've having an "old-fashioned" winter so I'm going to have to find some type of indoor exercise to get me through this winter weather until I can walk again.

Maybe belly dance? :belly:
Anybody know a free online podcast or vid that they like and would recommend? I welcome suggestions.

seagirl
01-21-2011, 09:06 AM
So apparently I was 184 when I posted this (wish I'd written it down here...)
The last few days have been 182.6, so I'm heading in the right direction! :carrot:
(from 1/10)

Scale said 179.8 this morning! My "official weigh in day is Wed. (which was 181.2) but I'm doing a little happy dance for seeing the 179!!!!!!!!!!!

carvedmarmalade
01-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Down another .5 lb today!! So excited first 10 down

Pretty sure I will not make my goal this month which is sad second month in a row but I'm down 10lbs so :carrot: whoo!!!! :carrot:

Hope everyone had a fantastic week!

LouisaH
01-21-2011, 06:29 PM
I saw my lowest weight since forever this morning: 146.4! Of course, I haven't eaten or exercised for three days with the stomach flu, so there you have it. I've been ravenous today, which is pretty exciting since the mere thought of food was repulsive for two days. I'm looking forward to getting back to exercising and eating healthy again. Let's hope I don't gain this little bit back right away!

susiemartin: good for you. I hear when you wake up hungry that means your metabolism is in good order.

jlo1025: stick with it, it'll move, and hopefully with a whoosh!

seagirl and carvedmarmalade: Congratulations! So encouraging; stay in that groove!

meoc7197
01-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Just a quick update. I started at 157.2 and weighed in this am at 154. Not sure that I will make my goal of 150 by 1/31 but sure hope so. It will mean a lot of self control and exercise. I have 8 days to try to reach it. Better to try and fail and then to have never tried at all.

Summer2010
01-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Sw 205
Cw 196.6
Gw 195
________

Enygirl
01-23-2011, 03:13 PM
I've been on the wagon, off the wagon - on this site - off this site - up - down - and insane! Life have taken its toll - and I'm taking control BACK!

I realize that January is almost over - but I need to get back with you girls! I've been STUCK where I am FOREVER, and this site and all the support and love from everyone helped a TON when I was losing weight before.

I recognize a lot of the "faces" and am happy to see so many new ones!

Dixiemae - Darling - I'M BACK! It's been WAY too long and I've MISSED YOU!

So here's the short story: I had gotten my weight from #241 to #185 when i got married 10/4/08. Then I got pregnant in that December, lost my job the following February and long story short - i have done NOTHING but balloon up and deprive myself of health and happiness for almost 1 1/2 years since my son was born.

My Jan starting weight was an ASTOUNDING #231.4! Almost back to my starting point 3 years ago!! (Yes, i could strangle MYSELF for this! :mad: ) I have made a lot of choices and decisions and I'm getting back on track! My goal for every month this year - starting with January is #6.8 loss.

So for Jan - my goal weight is #224.6

NightAngel26
01-23-2011, 09:49 PM
susiemartin-snow? where you from again? We get a lot right now too....and it's coming again Tuesday. Ugh. Anyway, belly dancing looks interesting, certainly that would be a change. I have the biggest loser dvds but I don't make it very far without deep chest pain when breathing.... :( Still, I watch the show for motivation. Anyway, Zumba looks interesting too.....have you seen it?

seagirl-congrats! super progress there! Keep up the good work! :carrot:

carvedmarmalade-don't fret, weight lost is weight lost, even if it's not on schedule! No worries, I have never made a monthly goal yet....still progress in the right direction is key! :dizzy:

LouisaH-congrats on the lbs down, yeah sickness will do that to you.... tell me do you have a lot of energy now that it's over? like you were stuck on pause and revved up and let go? I had that after a bout of food poisoning.... it was interesting. :barf:

meoc7197-Hey progress is progress...and you never know! :dizzy:

Summer2010- wow that's awesome! You are soooo close! I'm super impressed.... :hug:

Enygirl-I know what you mean...the yoyo ride.... I'm back this month after hiding from myself and this site gaining all of the weight I had lost last year...a total of 35 lbs!....Good luck and congrats for getting back on! :carrot:

NightAngel26
01-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Hello all! Well, I can't say I've made any progress lately, and partly due to my eating too much at dinnertime. I'm still working on getting control of that. Maybe I'll see something good tomorrow....who knows. :?:

I'm not discouraged though...I see some changes, I'm keeping it low on the exercise because last time I went all out and plateaued and got discouraged...so I'm going to step up a little bit every time I get to a spot that nothing is happening even when I'm behaving. :devil:

Does anyone else have a lot of pain when breathing after cardio? or midway since after implies finishing something? I have so much pain that I just can't stand the pain of breathing....I hear that it might mean asthma, but have been tested before and the doctors all seem to brush it off :?:. Anyway, does anyone have a solution for this, something that will make it go away or make it go away faster? After that I often have some respiratory trouble for the rest of the day periodically or for a couple days. I've had this as long as I can remember....

Ms Perception
01-23-2011, 11:28 PM
January Goal List

susiemartin: Reach 238 lbs
Jeepers: Lose 5 lbs
Enygirl: Lose 6.8 lbs

Ms Perception
01-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Quick check-in tonight...

Kinda messed up this weekend as we were ut of town eating "cafeteria food". Coulda handled that better, but got LOTS of activity and didn't stuff myself at all. I'm SOOOOOO sore tonight and probably will be for a few days. I played broom ball for the first time and we played for 2 hours straight. Now THAT's a workout!
Tomorrow is day one to be POP and give this last week of January 100%. I gotta get to sleep now. Just wanted to also say I loved that we had a bunch of people check in with progress reports. Keep on going forward, ladies! You ARE an inspiration!!!

Enygirl
01-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Bittersweet moments....
My husband and I have been going through some REALLY hard times. I left him 2 days before Thanksgiving, because I couldn't take it anymore. We're working on things... and things are actually getting better. He's making REAL changes, and becoming the man I fell in love with again. While I'm changing too, and becoming me again.

Ok, enough background story.

Last night, he and I had date night. the first time we had been out by ourselves in over a year and 1/2. No kids, no friends... just us. We went to a restaurant and had the most wonderful dinner! Not the food, but the company. It was amazing! We reconnected...we talked. Not about our problems, or the kids - but about life, politics, dreams etc. It was the best time we've had together in forever.

The "bitter" part of the sweet is that I ate like CRAP! I'm not getting down on myself - i know I just have to make the right choices. There is 1 week left of January, and I've been hovering around #226 off and on for months. I'm sure that there will be a gain tomorrow for my weigh in, hopefully not too bad.

I just can't be mad after the wonderful night. Next time, I will make better choices!

carvedmarmalade
01-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Down another 1/2 pound sweetness!! My jeans were feeling really big this morning so I tried on a pair I bought a few weeks ago that are a size smaller they went on and did up no problem :D:D have a tiny overhang on the hips and a smidge on my tummy but I was working on them fitting for my birthday looks like that will happen!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Enygirl
01-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Down another 1/2 pound sweetness!! My jeans were feeling really big this morning so I tried on a pair I bought a few weeks ago that are a size smaller they went on and did up no problem :D:D have a tiny overhang on the hips and a smidge on my tummy but I was working on them fitting for my birthday looks like that will happen!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

:yay: That's AWESOME!!! Congrats on the loss, and the "new" jeans! :)

slimlizzie2
01-24-2011, 12:06 PM
182 180 _*_178 176 :carrot:174 172 168 166 163 162 160 158 156 154 152 150 148 147
*January start

the carrot is dancing in the wrong place! All I can say is GO PACKERS!!
Hopefully he will return to or go to a lower number..:( and I had 1 to go to my 5lb. goal

crm
01-24-2011, 02:41 PM
I had a rough weekend, I skipped the gym on Sunday and that is a for sure day so I am going to have to make it up during the week and that is going to be a struggle. I wish I would have thought it through before I came up with all the excuses to go home instead. Still need to make it to the gym three times before the end of the month to make my goal of 12 times.:p

Hopeful8
01-24-2011, 06:43 PM
A quick check-in after a short absence. I had a terrible terrible weekend food wise and I don't plan on stepping on the scale for the next few days. Just got back from the gym so hopefully that helped a little bit. Hope everyone has an OP week!

carvedmarmalade
01-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Dropped Ethan at a friends and just got in a great hour long workout, now I'm so tired! Feels great that I'm done though :dizzy:

Going to try for 4 miles and 1 hour of weights/abs by Saturday. I'm going to exceed my workout goal for January since I have a feeling I will not drop 8.5 pounds in 7 days :nono: haha

Oh well I'll keep trying one of these months I'll meet my goal. I think for feb I'm going to aim lower...that sounds really bad doesn't it :^: ....

Good luck to everyone else last week of the month it's crunch time chickies ;)

carvedmarmalade
01-24-2011, 07:41 PM
hopeful8 - You are doing fantastic it's a little set back and the important thing is you acknowleged it.
You're so close to your goal! :bravo: You are surely an inspiration to the rest of us!

Lewisempire
01-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Hello ladies! I had a brutal weekend at work, and I didn't stay on a plan, heck i didn't even have time to plan a plan. I did try and not go Hog wild, but alas It was not as successful as I would like. No Workout yesterday, my butt was draggin due to lack of sleep. Have you ever been so tired you can't fall asleep..........I hate that!:(
On the brighter side, I took my 1st Finite math quiz, and got %100 the first try-Whew! I knew I had it in me. LOL on to the next module.

Today is Zumba class- that will get me revved up!:carrot: Sorry to ramble, and run, but i have to get my meal plan together for the day, or else I won't.

Glad to see all the little victories. Hope everyone has a Marvelous day.

Enygirl
01-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Up a pound this week. I HATE when the scale goes in the wrong direction! Grr! I know what caused it - and I just have to push and make better decisions for the final week of this month!

Good job to all you "Losers" out there! Keep going, moving and grooving! I need the accountability and motivation!

iDream
01-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Good morning ladies! Sounds like it was kind of a rough weekend for some--don't sweat it! It's a new week and that means the slate is clean! Just keep on keepin' on and you'll erase that bad weekend in no time! :)

Had a good weekend, didn't do much and just hung out around the house doing this and that. Got all of my workouts in last week and after a water weight bobble yesterday I'm down a little over 5 lbs for this month. So that means GOAL MET for me. I'm also in a new decade so that's nice.

I'm trying to be super jazzed, but I'm having hard time seeing the number on the scale after where I was last year. Sigh. No matter, I'm just going to keep at it and I'll get rid of this weight once and for all!!!

Have a wonderful day ladies!!!!

Lewisempire
01-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Yesterday was Much better for me... thank Goodness!
Yay IDream! What matters is that you are going in the right direction, at a steady pace. I am Super Jazzed for you!
I have a great day planned essay writing, and house work. If I get bored I also have Math homework (Linear Regression) to spice things up. Wow, I am a lucky girl for sure.:twirly:

so I am off to make a plan for my eating today before I go off plan. Can you go off a plan you don't actually have? Hmmmm

Hope everyone has a great day!

VickieLou
01-26-2011, 12:21 PM
I finally reached one of my monthly goals. I lost -8.6 Lbs! :carrot:

My Goal for January is to lose 8 LBS. SW: 237.8 GW: 229.8 CW: 229.2

Ms Perception
01-26-2011, 10:21 PM
January Goal List

Ms Perception
01-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Congrats on more monthly goals met!!

I'm hangin' on to my first almost On Plan day for a while. It's been tough, but I'm not giving up. I will make it through and weigh less at the end of the month. Period.

slimlizzie2
01-27-2011, 09:45 AM
182 180 _*_:carrot: 176 174 172 168 166 163 162 160 158 156 154 152 150 148 147
*January start

the carrot is still dancing in the wrong place!
Just 4 more days to meet goal..:(

Hopeful8
01-27-2011, 02:33 PM
What absolutely terrible news today. Just got back from the doctor, I did some serious damage to my rhomboid muscle. Now it's muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory pills. Ultrasonic physical therapy 3 times a week for at least a month and absolutely no working out for a minimum of 4-6 weeks. This really sucks!

All of this when I'm 1lb away from my ultimate goal :( So now it's just about being super dooper strict on my diet.

JillyM
01-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Uggghhh! I'm having a bad month! I've only lost about 3 lbs (of 10). Every time I turn around it's another birthday party with unhealthy food. I do take responsibility for it but I am frustrated!

crm
01-28-2011, 09:04 AM
made it to the gym 10 times so far and lost 3 lbs!!:dizzy:

Ms Perception
01-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Okay, I'm at 2 days OP now. Tomorrow will be questionable with 2 meals out and spending a large portion of the day at another one of my DS's basketball tourneys. We'll see how it all shakes out, but I am plannig to keep it reasonable. The weekends are killing me...
The new job is going well, but I've been unusually irritable lately. I guess I'm still getting settled into this new schedule. I hope it passes soon. UGH!

Enygirl
01-29-2011, 02:04 PM
I had a HORRIBLE week... ate out, fast food, depression... BLAH!

Today, i started over.. again.... I even worked out for the first time in almost a YEAR!

I started a new plan - new me - new times... Goals WILL be met!!!

carvedmarmalade
01-29-2011, 06:10 PM
So I'm down 5lbs for january didn't make my goal of 11lbs, but I am so close to my workout goal only 70 minutes away completly do able in two days:)

I have been on track work out wise so I guess next month I need to keep a better eye on what I eat. 5lbs in a month is pretty good and there is two days left so maybe I can shave off another pound still...

Enygirl - I'm with you on the fast food I stop for coffee a 3/4 times a week (something I can not or actually refuse to give up hehe it's my guilty pleasure) and usually get a breakfast sandwich 2-3 times a week. I keep saying I'll stop but I don't :(

ms perception - good job on the 2 days on plan! :cheer: Weekends are the hardest for me too it's so easy to go off track...I apparently do much better without my husband around he is such a bad influence haha

slimlizzie2
01-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Got the creepin crud..sore throat, itchy ears..now a dry cough is starting..:( YUK YUK YUK!!!

on plan?? nope:dizzy:

Ms Perception
01-31-2011, 08:59 AM
Our February challenge is up. Make sure to get over there and post your new goals when you get the chance. It's here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/224270-february-weight-loss-challenge.html#post3685498

The weekend went pretty well here. I ate away from home several times, but kept myself under control and the scale didn't go up much. I won't make january goal, but I'm gonna see what the scale says tomorrow and use that to calculate what I lost for the month. It'll only be a few pounds, but it's better than going up! ;)

LouisaH
01-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Hey Chicklets, what a weird month! Between travel and being sick, I've been riding the upper 140s like a pole dancer. Today, I'm actually at 150.8, which is .8 over my Jan. 1 weight, dang it, and I also am going to use tomorrow's weight to determine my loss (or gain) for the month.

I've been eating popcorn almost every day. I am obsessed with it. Darn you, popcorn!

crm
01-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Made it to the gym 12 times so I reached that part of the goal but I didn't make the weight part so I am determined to make it next month!!:yes:

slimlizzie2
01-31-2011, 12:32 PM
182 180 :carrot:178 176 174 172 168 166 163 162 160 158 156 154 152 150 148 147

3 out of 5 not too bad...:)

Ms Perception
01-31-2011, 10:17 PM
January Goal List

Ms Perception
01-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Been OP today and feeling good. I'll report in tomorrow for the final result. Based on the scale tonight it won't be pretty tomorrow, but I know at least I ended the month well. :) February will be another step in the right direction.

Dixiemae
01-31-2011, 11:12 PM
Today is the big day. Weighed in this morning at 150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe it. Now I reset my goal to 145. That should be about right for me. So feb goal is to loose 5 pounds. Doing the happy dance

NightAngel26
02-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Ah, well progress is progress I guess....did not make my goal of 238, am at a final tally of 243. I lost 5 lbs out of my 10. I'll survive with that. Time for a new month! I'm waiting on my TOM so that might have made a bit of difference on the scale today.:?:

Anyway, congrats to you ladies who made goal this month.....if you're still working on things I'll see you in the next thread...as for those who haven't made goal...eh... it happens....progress is important though....lets try again in February! :carrot:

carvedmarmalade
02-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Well it is TOM time and I refuse to get oin the scale so I'm going with 5lbs down for jan and I'll weigh in next week for feb's first weigh in on the new thread. Last month I managed to workout almost everyday during TOM so I'm going to try getting in as many workouts as I can and we'll see how the weeks goes.

Congrats again to all those who made their goals this month :carrot:
See you all in the new thread :)