30-Somethings - 30somethings January chat

View Full Version : 30somethings January chat

MisfitRycher
01-01-2011, 12:51 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :carrot:

First thing I want to say is...

MOLLZ! *TACKLE!* Missed you! :hug:

Second thing I want to say is...

I think I'm doing something right here... Weighed in last Saturday at 211.4, weighed myself out of curiosity. Weighed in this morning, my monthly weigh-in, and the scale read 208.8!!! I KID YOU NOT! With the overeating at Christmas dinner, all the starch from the potatoes, the desserts, the chocolate, the potato chips and the booze last night for New Year's, I STILL managed to lose another 3.6 pounds! Is that crazy or WHAT!?

New year, new start... Let's get healthy in 2011 without overdoing it! :D

catie80
01-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi Everyone!

New year...new attitude! My name is Catherine and today is my first day... i am hoping that this will be the start of a new me! I am just thirty and looking to change how I look and feel...

I am up for the challenges ahead and look forward to getting to know you all!

Martina
01-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Well great! I'm glad you lost some weight that is really, really cool. :)

Yep, that is a good goal "get healthy without overdoing it" which for me means eating when depressed, eating bad in general, eating a bag of chips in a 24 hour period, etc. You get the drift. I will have to think about specific health-related goals and write them out.

Niki4184
01-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi,
I'm Niki and I'd love to start joing the chats on this forum. I'm really determined to do something right in 2011 as far as weight loss. I've been struggling for way to long.

Eruanna
01-02-2011, 03:17 AM
Happy New Year :flow1:

Glad to see a few new people around starting out like myself :)

Violin Jenn
01-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Hi Ladies!

Mollz! Missed you round here!!!:hug: I gained about 10 extra pounds as well. :( But, my diet is back on track today and the exercise starts tomorrow. I'll start with JM 30DS, BL Weightloss Yoga and Walk Away the Pounds 2 and 3 mile workouts.

I am so glad to holidays are over! My Christmas decorations are put away and my apartment is back to normal. Getting back to a normal routine will be key for getting this weight off.

Since I've finally set a goal weight for myself, 2011 will be the year I actually hit it! That is my resolution, as well as having my previous college degree and credits accepted at a local university so I may continue and to continue (yes while still being a bit picky) the online dating thing. So far no luck, but ya never know.

Jojo381972
01-02-2011, 10:49 PM
^I've given up on the search for now. I hear ya though ;)

Happy New Year, ladies!
A new year and a fresh start. I've been off track the last few weeks, but I'm happy to say I went back to the gym today after taking two long weeks off and being in a rut. I have big goals this year, so starting the new year off right.

What's everyone goals for the new year?
I want to hit my 10% goal, and get to onederland, and also get to my goal...wow! Thankfully the year is just beginning. :)

Mitza24
01-03-2011, 09:04 AM
I too had gained weight over the holidays. I was sick for almost a month around Thanksgiving and that kinda set my mind to stop working out and eating crap for 6 weeks. Not a good way to end the year. But will be running tonight and I know in a few weeks, things will start to get back to where they used to be. Good luck and happy New Year everyone!

catie80
01-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi all,
my goal is to lose 10% of my weight by the end of february...so that means 26 lbs! I am doing the weight watchers plan, journalling and hopefully going to zumba twice a week...so day 2 and i am already starving! i am determined right now though!

justjen78
01-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Happy New Year everyone! I'll be joining WW hopefully by next week (had rent, bills, yada yada yada this week) and My goal is to lose at least 30lbs wich would put me at 135ish (not sure of my "official" weight, last week at Dr's I was 165) but Ultimatly would like to be down to 125 (I'm only 5' 3")

Leap
01-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Hi there! Good luck to everyone! My sister's wedding is in September, and I was at my biggest at 185, so back to 130 by then! I just started last monday and schedule 1.5lb loss every week into my weigh in reminders. I won't beat myself up if I don't meet every one, but I needed a way to not get frustrated that I didn't lose 10 lbs over the last week. As long as I'm staying close to my guidline, I know I'll make it. Looking forward to it!

vdander24
01-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Hello everyone! sounds like everyone is off to a strong start. I had a rough december, followed by a horrible last week. I am back on plan and determined to do this. Hope everyone has a great week!

ollie27
01-03-2011, 11:27 PM
hi, 30 somethings. just a quick note to join the chat. i've been coming to the forums off and on for over a few years now, but have never really found a place to post repeatedly. like many others, it's a new year and i'm rethinking my lifestyle (and how it went down hill the latter part of '10). i'm in my early thirties, so perhaps this is the place? just tryna get in where i fit in i guess.

my ultimate goal this year is getting to maintenance and maintaining. happy new years to everyone. i look forward to sharing my journey and hearing of others'.

cheers.

Martina
01-03-2011, 11:57 PM
My goals for this new year? I really have to think harder about it. I have some idea what I want them to be, but I haven't really sat down and really thought about it though. I suppose I better get to it!! So my first resolution is...

1. Think about my goals/resolutions.

back2reality
01-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Hello everyone :) Happy New Year!

My goal for this year is to get to my target weight and start maintenance by the end of May.

I've had a nasty flu since four days before Christmas and thankfully it's coming to an end. I need to get back into my exercise routine now that I can breath without coughing. I'm considering adding Jillian's 30 day shred, and Yoga Meltdown into the mix.

Best of luck to all of you on reaching your goals! :lucky:

Matilda08
01-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Happy new year crew! I had a great workout today and I hope all is well with you all!

JennieGrl
01-04-2011, 02:16 PM
I fell apart towards the end of the year. I got sick mid December then went away on vacay so all i ate was junk and drank a lot of beer. so i gained what I lost within the 2 months of dieting, but new day and yesterday i ate under my max calories and went to the gym.

Hope everyone has a terrific tuesday :)

Violin Jenn
01-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi ladies!

It's the first week of a new biggest loser challenge and TOM shows up on day 1! I'm tryingto not let it get to me, but I hate this feeling of my clothes not fitting.:( I got on the scale this morning and it was a disaster. Up .6 then down .2 then staying the same.

So discouraging. Maybe some extra cardio. 30DS followed by WATP 2mile.

JennyWenny
01-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Good morning all!!!

Today is my 2nd day. So far, it's been good!
Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Matilda08
01-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Hey all!

violinJenn- wishing you luck during tom!

Jenny- you can do it!

ja2ma6lee
01-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Happy New Years!:broc:

I have been posting to 3FC for a little over a month now and just stumbled upon this thread. I'm trying to find one where people are commenting everyday. Work gets a little slow and its nice to come and read and vent in the forum.

I am going to reach my goal weight this year. My goal is to be 135 by the end of May. I am going to a nutritionist and eating according to her meal suggestions. I'm also going to the gym 2x a week with a friend from work and my goal is 4 hours a week. I am really motivated and on track for 2011!:yay:

JennyWenny
01-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Omgoodness!! My poor fiance!
I was running some errands and was getting a headache and hungry on top of it. The poor guy got the brunt end of that deal. Boy, was i cranky.
As soon as I got home i fixed something to eat and felt better instantly. I know better than to do that. The errands took longer than I thought it would take.

GainingWeightInLa
01-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi everyone. I'm an on again off again member here. lol I've been off again for a LOOOOONG time...probably over a year. My Ticker tells some of my story. A friend and I are joining Weight Watcher this coming Tuesday. I actually started the program Monday though. I have made myself mini goals....20 lbs by 3-14-10, an additional 15 lbs by 5-23-10, 20 more by 9-5-10 and finally my last 20 by 12-19-10. It averages out to be about 1-2 lbs per week. Hope I can find the encouragement I knew from my past experiences here. I'm gonna need it. I've been married for 17 years and these goals will ultimately put me 20 lbs lighter than I was the day I married. Amazing that it could happen in a little less than a year!!

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know everyone. I'll try to be a giver and not just a taker! :) Let's encourage each other!!!

GainingWeightInLa
01-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Okay, so I rethought my goals while going to pick my children up from school.....am I being overzealous? I don't want to disappoint myself, but I want to get it done. I know it's do-able, but I don't know if I will do it. Gosh...I need ya'lls encouragement already. :lol:

jdael
01-05-2011, 04:51 PM
I feel the same way Diana. I guess my plan is just to keep at it. As long as I do my part whatever happens weight-wise happens. I think expecting 1-2 lbs a week is resonable, even if you dont make your mark because of slip ups you should be close. In my opinion setting goals too slack isnt all that motivating and lets me off the hook a bit.

Niki4184
01-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Well I was down to 177.6 this morning....not sure if I should believe the scale or not. Either way I'm happy!!

Have a great Thursday everyone!

GainingWeightInLa
01-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Niki, that's AWESOME! Believe it, girl!! The scales don't lie--trust me!! :)

I've just started off my day with half of a Fiber One bar and a pkg of apples and cinnamon oatmeal..and a diet coke. lol I'm having a Lean Cuisine pizza for lunch and a Healthy Choice Steamable for supper tonight....with maybe a salad. I'll have to figure my points and see if I can have the salad.

I want to get on the scales SOOO badly everyday....I'm gonna try to only weigh on Tuesdays at the WW meetings, though....I think I'll stay more motivated that way? Any suggestions/opinions on that?

I sooo hope there will be lots of traffic on here today....I need you guys to encourage me soooo much since I'm just starting out. :) Give me your words of wisdom, guys!!!

jdael
01-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Diana I agree. Sometimes during the week weight can fluctuate and its easy to get discouraged, plus its more exciting to see that bigger loss over the week than only dropping a point in a day. I know its hard cause I want to check the scale too. My advice is don't do it.

ja2ma6lee
01-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I am just having one of those days where nothing is going right :(

I was nasty to my bf this morning when all he wanted to do was shower with me.

I lost the parking decal for my apartment complex. When I called them to ask for a new one and to find out about extending my lease short term they were really unhelpful and just said "send it in writing."

The cafe was closed at school so I had a personal pizza from their "fast food" restaurant. I was really looking forward to having the salad bar and treating myself to a cookie. Now I feel gross from the pizza that I ate too much of.

I went to the eye dr this morning so I drove into work. The town I work in is real sticklers when it comes to parking and I got a ticket for being too close to the crosswalk which I really couldnít see because of the snow that is still on the ground from over a week ago. I moved my car to avoid getting a ticket and a boot and still got a ticket.

So now I have to put money out for this ticket when I am trying to pay past owed bills and get my credit in order to purchase a house. I frivolously overspent at the beginning of the month screwing myself till the end of this one.

I have a lot of things that are uncertain right now and Iím upset and worried about them.

ja2ma6lee
01-06-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm having a hard time coping with anything and want to just eat my emotions.

GainingWeightInLa
01-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Don't do it! Think about how it will make you feel later...it will only add to what you're already feeling.

I'm new here (kinda...back after a long time away) , but not to the weight loss thing. Hope things get better for you! You came to the right place for encouragement! That's for sure! :)

UGAmomof3
01-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Hi....new here, but certainly not new to dieting. Hope I can join you ladies. I need ALL the support I can get. Just had my third and final child and between the last 12 years of Infertility meds and treatments, my body needless to say, is way out of whack. I gained 60lbs this last pregnacy on top of the 40 extra I already had. My goal is 60lbs loss in one year.

My hubby and I just joined a new gym and I'm thinking about following a weight watchers diet. Any suggestions. I'm horrible at dieting.

Can't wait to chat w/everyone!!!

GainingWeightInLa
01-06-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm doing the weight watcher plan....I started Monday (although I don't have my first official weigh in til next Tuesday since I'm going with a friend who can't go until then). I've done it in the past and have been able to keep most of the weight off even when I'm not really trying. It's an excellent plan if you follow it and don't cheat. You've found a great place here for encouragement! The folks around here are AWESOME!! Good luck!! :)

130orbust
01-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm fairly new here, and new to losing wt.
I'm weaning my last baby right now and ready to take my body back from the joys of pregnancy and lactation! LOL

Back in my hay day I was a very fit and active 115-120 lbs. Then I graduated from college and got a desk job and married and found myself at 135. Started having babies 6 years ago and I find myself today hovering at 155. Last summer I managed to make it down to about 148 by walking at work but quit and gained it all back promptly.

My goal is to weigh 130 by my birthday in April. I'm going to shoot for 1-2 lbs a week but not be to strict about the numbers. I'm more concerned about re-developing healthy habits. I've tried making 20 changes at once and that does not work for me. I need to focus on 1, maybe 2 changes at a time and really ingrain the new behavior. So, first up is to get a healthy breakfast (aka break the habit of stopping at the c-store in the morning), and try to figure out how to work excersize into my day. I leave at 7 am, get home at 6 pm and am usually in bed with the kids by 9 or 10 pm.

BUT: I just did 5 flights of stairs we have here at work and made a few rounds of the warehouse (not sure how far that is....I need a pedometer)!

sugar39
01-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi all, have only got months left in my 30's :( but would love to chat to you all untill I have to go to the 40's section boo hoo!
I've got an 18 month old daughter and I dont want to be fat and old when she starts school. xx

JennyWenny
01-09-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm back after a few days off. The stomach flu hit me. Just now able to eat real food today.
Does weight loss count when you are sick? :)
Hope everyone is doing well. Gonna take it easy today. Let my body recoup.
Have a good day!!

Skittles22
01-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm not totally new here, I just joined the forum last month but it's been a while since I got to post last. I am getting so frustrated! I am trying everything I can think of to lose weight and I can't seem to get anywhere. I started off back in June at 316 lbs. By the beginning of August I was down to 271. Now five months later I am still fluctuating between 267 and 271. I have tried everything I can think of but nothing is helping. Any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to lose 152 lbs but 115 lbs isn't realistic especially for someone like me who has never been skinny. I would be happy to lose down to 150 though. Does anyone have any suggestions for healthy meals and snacks, I would love to hear some suggestions. As well as some good ideas for excercise during the winter, I love to walk but it is so cold that all I want to do is curl up under the blanket and sleep till spring.

Linda

130orbust
01-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Jenny, sorry you were sick. I just wish I could get sickness weightloss to stick. I have some anxiety issues and when the anxiety hits I can usually expect a 3-5 lbs drop. It's always back within 48 hours.

Linda, Sorry I don't have any suggestions as I'm pretty new to weight loss and have been stuck at my current wt for well over a year! I think my problem is that I promptly undo any good thing I've done for my body. Like I might eat good or excercise one day and the very next day eat a lb of chocolate or drink 4 liters of regular coke. I definately have a sugar addiction that I am trying to figure out how to break.

I'm up 1 lb from last week and while I don't remember binging on chocolate, I didn't really do anything to push myself as far as exercise so ended up nearly even. I'm hopeful I get it figured out!

ja2ma6lee
01-10-2011, 12:36 PM
130orbust - sounds like our situation and goals are very similar. When I talk to people outside the forum they make me feel bad about a goal of 1-2lbs/week and that it would be too aggressive. I don't feel that it is and really think it will happen just by eating better and working out. I know if I stick to the nutritionist's guidelines and do my goal of 4-days at the gym I'll reach 135 by May. I look fwd to seeing your progress.

Skittles22 - what were you doing between Jan and Aug that you lost that weight? Whatever it was it sounds like it was working for you. If you are at a plateau, small changes in your diet and exercise could help jump start it again. One suggestion I'd make for meals/snacks is what I learned from my nutritionist...combine a carb with a protien. Of your 3 big meals, 2 meals should be no more than 30 carbs and 1 meal should be no more than 45 carbs. Snacks should be 15 carbs or less. Also eat every 3-4 hrs and never go more than 5 without eating. These are all things I'm trying to remember. Eat a lot of veggies and drink 64oz+ water a day. Add lemon to your water too. This is what is helping me.

Peaches5577
01-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey ladies, I would love to join this group!

I have always taken pride in watching my diet, etc and have always worked out, but somewhere in the last 8 years (marraige + lack of exercise + poor eating habits + divorce = weight gain) I have gained about 40 lbs that I would like to lose. So July of last year I put it into motion and was able to drop from 185 to 165. It felt wonderful but still seemed so far from my goal. I have a wonderful boyfriend however his eating habits are not the greatest and its hard to stay on track when that influence is in the house 24/7 so fell off the bandwagon and moved back up to 172. Started eating right or trying to at least around 12/20 and have since been VERY strict and have dropped back down to 166. My overall goal is 140, which is going to be tough, but I know I can do it! Everyone keeps telling me that I am 33 and cant expect to be the same weight I was when I was 20. Well why the heck not?!

So....I watch my calories and have been studying and putting into effect the whole foods or clean eating way of life. Nothing processed, whole grains, veggies, fruits and protien. I love it!

Violin Jenn
01-11-2011, 12:20 PM
So first week of the BL challange TOM showed up and I gained 1.6lb.s :( Not happy with that. But I am happy to report that I was on track yesterday and I got on the scale this morning and it was down by .6 :) It's not the biggest loss, but it's a loss that I'll take!

Tonights workout is Jackie Warners Extreme Timesaver weightraining dvd and during the BL I'll probably get out my aerobic step and just step up and down while I watch. I won't burn a ton of calories, but I'll burn more than if I was sitting on my butt on the couch!

dizzybizzy5
01-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Hello All!! I am in a great frame of mind right now for losing weight. I managed to LOSE over the Holidays, so feeling slightly unstoppable!! Wanting to check in every day or so, and looking for people who do the same. Is this a good group for that?
I have many miles to walk before I reach my goal....so I'm sticking around :)

Martina
01-12-2011, 07:53 PM
have not been in this thread in awhile.

My surgery for my knee is on Monday (torn meniscus and a possible lateral release).

I actually looked up weight watchers on their site and decided it was too expensive for me (I am at home on disability for 3 mental disorders [plus neuropathy] and I only get 684 dollars a month). twenty dollars a month is just out of my price range. I got a years worth of their magazine a little while ago for 2.99 thanks to Tanga.com (love that site!) and enjoyed the magazine so much that I was prompted to look it up online.

Other than that, it snowed here in NC and then iced on top of it and its finally starting to melt.

And, I NEED to start eating right again. But I'm super depressed at the moment about my eating and lack of exercise (can't exercise much right now due to the injury)

ja2ma6lee
01-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Good morning all,

I am off track of reaching my weight lose goal of 5lbs this month. I having a hard time eating right. It seems I can either eat right and not exercise or exercise and not eat right...I can never seem to eat right and exercise at the same time. I think I'm feeling a little depressed and that is throwing off my eating habits. I started on the pill again and missed two days which caused some slight bleeding. I know I need to take that daily for it to work right.

I want to be in the 150's so bad and some days I see it and other days I'm right back at 160ish. My clothes are feeling tight and that is bothering me alot also. :( I am grateful though that I had a snow day yesterday and got to go to the gym for an hour and 20 minutes. So I am on track to do 4 days of working out. :carrot:

I know that I will get there. Maybe not by the end of April but if I keep at it and try it will happen. I'm fortunate to have this forum for support.

LTs girl
01-13-2011, 11:00 AM
ja2ma6lee- Don't get discouraged. I am having the same troubles. I am exercising, but the eating is not quite right and I am seeing the affects on the scale....basically no movement. lol. It is really hard to make all these changes all at once. Hopefully now that I have been exercising regularly I think I can start adding the eating healthier.

As for the weight changes, just know that when you start working out your muscles can swell and retain water. So a weight gain is typical in the beginning. Your body is adapting to the new changes. Just hang in there and stick with it.

gingerjen
01-13-2011, 02:22 PM
I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in! My goal is to get somewhere between 140 and 150. Hopefully closer to 140, I really just want to be healthier and look better. I'm doing Taebo daily and I love it. I look forward to checking in daily and getting to know you guys!

130orbust
01-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Hey all,
Haven't checked in over the last few days and a bit frustrated. Scale was stagnant over the week. OK, I didn't get to excited. I'm definately cutting back on my out of control sugar intake, but I think I'm filling that space in with more food total. I thought I was doing a good thing by cutting back sugar so maybe that's not the problem??? To top it off, I had a very busy day yesterday at work, did 8 flights of stairs (typically 0) and was standing for at least 4 hours, then I had a good horseback riding lesson that wore me out. So I know I burned more calories and ate less calories than typical because I wasn't sitting at home or at my desk stuffing my face. This morning the scale is up 1.8. I'm nearly back to 160! UGH! I'm going to pick up a pedometer and force myself to walk everyday again. That's what made the biggest different when I had lost 10 lbs last summer I guess. And continue working on my diet. I'm tempted to join weight watchers but it bothers me to pay money for something I SHOULD be able to do myself...but maybe I can't. Grrr....sorry for the small rant.

How is everyone else doing this week?

staci73
01-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Hi everyone! I am doing WW online so I'm hoping to get the support here that I will be missing by not going to meetings. I've done WW twice before and had great results but got pregnant both times just before making it halfway to my goal. No more babies for me so I am ready to make it to goal! I'm on my second week of the plan and feeling great so far!
Staci:)

Violin Jenn
01-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Hi Ladies!

Why is it that some people we work with find it necessary to act superior, self-righteouse and better than others?! What makes it worse I have to share space with one of these people! I make sure though to bring my mp3 player with to listen to instead of that stuff.

Matilda08
01-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey ladies!!! Happy tuesday. School started back up for me and I am busy as ever but still wanted to come in and say hello. I hope you all are working your plans.

Flora37
01-19-2011, 06:05 AM
Hi, I'm 37 and started a new life 9 days ago at 215lbs. Down to 211lbs already... looking to get to 150lbs. Not sure how long it will take. I am eating sensibly and counting calories. I was beginning to look enormous and feel sluggish. The first few days were tough but starting to feel better eating right now without the sugar highs and lows. I'm cutting out as many refined sugars and bread/wheat products as I can. Snacking on fruits and oat based snacks when needed. Drinking water when I feel hungry between meals.
Other tips appreciated!!!!
Flora x

ja2ma6lee
01-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi Flora and welcome. I suggest having a protein with your fruit to avoid spikes in your sugar level. That was suggested to me by a nutritionist.

I missed work yesterday and my train is 9 minutes late this morning. Tomorrow I have to leave early for a court summons for parking. I'm sick of the cold and the snow. Its making me sluggish and weak.

I have been working out 4 days a week and sticking to that commitment. I have been missing my other personal goals and I'm disappointed with that. I can't seem to get on a better eating plan. I have all the tips tools and suggestions, just not practicing them enough.

Flora37
01-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Hi Flora and welcome. I suggest having a protein with your fruit to avoid spikes in your sugar level. That was suggested to me by a nutritionist.

I missed work yesterday and my train is 9 minutes late this morning. Tomorrow I have to leave early for a court summons for parking. I'm sick of the cold and the snow. Its making me sluggish and weak.

I have been working out 4 days a week and sticking to that commitment. I have been missing my other personal goals and I'm disappointed with that. I can't seem to get on a better eating plan. I have all the tips tools and suggestions, just not practicing them enough.

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it. I'll look out for some protein.... I'm cooking chickpeas, zucchinis and tomatoes this evening. Would LOVE some roast chicken but only allowing such treats once a month!!!!

ja2ma6lee
01-20-2011, 10:07 AM
I wish I could be more displined with treats.

Yesterday was a really bad day. It was a full moon and everything really felt off for me. I scratched my car again a pole in the parking lot of my apartment complex. My dogs made a mess of the apartment getting salt all over the floor. Work was stressful with difficult questions and people who don't want to help or listen. Then this morning I saw my new makeup compact was broke. With the weather and everything happening, I really wanna sit in bed and wait for warm weather to come.

Today I have court for parking at the library and going to a movie. I disregarded the sign and now I have that to deal with.

UGH!

Martina
01-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Hey all!

Been MIA from the boards this past week-- I had my knee surgery on Monday and I've been SLEEPING all week long!! I did not need a lateral release and they removed the torn meniscus. But I have A LOT of arthritis on my knee. I won't know more until go to the doctor on Tuesday.

Walking has been on and off. My instructions were to get off the crutches as soon as possible. The first two days I was on both crutches at all times, then I reduced it to one crutch. Now I don't use anything (for the most part) but sometimes I need something to lean on. I don't have a cane but I don't want to buy one.

Before I was sleeping on an air mattress on the floor. But Dexter (my roommate/best-friend/ex-boyfriend) went out and bought me a futon bed and its the perfect height off the floor. I was crashed out in the chair and he came home (he went out to buy oxyclean to wash blood off my jeans, as I was bleeding on the way home from surgery and we had to go back to the hospital, but I was fine) with oxyclean and a futon for me. He sleeps in his room on his military issued cot, but is thinking of getting a futon for his room too.

Anyway, hopefully I'll participate more. But I'm still so exhausted. I'm glad you all are doing well!

Violin Jenn
01-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi Ladies!:wave:

I am afraid to get on the scale tomorrow morning! I'm afraid I've gained more back. :( I got ambushed this week with PMS and stress eating. :cry: The PMS infected my brain and had me thinking that I should just give up and accept that I'll always be fat. However I'm not a quiter. While cleaning some shelves in my entertainment unit, I found my old Turbo Jam dvds!:carrot: I forgot how much fun those are so I'm going to start doing those, mixed in with BL dvds.

I've got to conquer these last 20something pounds!:club::rollpin:

ja2ma6lee
01-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Hello All,

I hope everyone is feeling a little better from the last couple of post I read. Emotionally I'm doing good... Dietary not so much. I would say my eating is normal, but not what is going to get me to drop the weight I want to. My bf is noticing he is getting a little chubby and made a comment about my eating that pissed me off. He is normally very supportive. I think he is cranky about his own laziness and over indulging. I have been good with my work outs and think in Feb I'm gonna start the Insanity program - P90x or Body of Life. I have to see which one will work out best to my schedule.

I'm at the laundry mat now. I need to get back to my clothes.

Jelma
01-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi everyone, I haven't checked in for awhile. I am thinking about cancelling my WW online membership but decided to actually track this week in the new program and see what happens. I joined WW at the very end of August last year and diligently tracked until the new program was introduced at the end of November. Since then I have managed to lose 4 pounds but it has mostly just been maintenance and I must admit I haven't been that healthy/consistent with my diet. That being said, I went to the grocery last night and got all stocked up on healthy food, cleaned my spare bedroom so I can finally workout at home.

The weather has really been getting to me, so much snow and freezing temps. I hate being stuck in doors, walking at lunchtime is something I love to do and it helped me stay sane when dealing with my work. I can't wait for spring!

ja2ma6lee
01-25-2011, 01:46 PM
The weather has really been getting to me, so much snow and freezing temps. I hate being stuck in doors, walking at lunchtime is something I love to do and it helped me stay sane when dealing with my work. I can't wait for spring!

I have to agree. I feel like putting everything on hold till the spring. I know I can't do that though. I have to push through this and get my butt in gear. I struggled Sunday and yesterday and hope to get out of my funk today. The sun :flow2: is out. That is a good sign.

Jelma
01-25-2011, 02:36 PM
I have to agree. I feel like putting everything on hold till the spring. I know I can't do that though. I have to push through this and get my butt in gear. I struggled Sunday and yesterday and hope to get out of my funk today. The sun :flow2: is out. That is a good sign.

I am glad you are seeing the sun today, totally jealous :) I have been joking about having SAD but I am starting to think maybe it's the truth. Let's just stay positive and motivated! I finally have been getting back into cooking which is something I love to do and tonight I think I may go shopping, I haven't bought new pants since I have lost any of my weight and have a gift card from Christmas still. I normally hate clothes shopping but maybe it will be different now!

kiki100
01-26-2011, 12:10 PM
I feel the same way about the weather! My main motivation is that I hide my bulges under bulky sweaters and I can't do that when the warmer weather comes around. Soooo, I'm keeping that in mind as I force through these cold dreary days.

:D

Violin Jenn
01-27-2011, 07:08 AM
Sorry for the rant....

But I am SOOOOO sick of this freaking SNOW!!! 16" in Philly and my office is open!! That's insane and not safe!!! The Philly office is HQ, but our DC office is the "favored child" being a building they bought, renovated, expanded and moved into over the last 2 years. We are the "red headed step child". Each office should be evaluated separetely! UGH! Jeeze we're a non profit for heavens sake so it's not like we'd be losing revenue!

Well, I have 3 personal days, so I guess I'm using one of them today.

ja2ma6lee
01-27-2011, 08:50 AM
Jelma- how did the shopping go? I buy a lot of my clothing online at VS and Kohls. I rarely go to the mall. If so its to return my kohls stuff.

Fortunately I am off work today, due to the snow. I didn't get a text until 6 this morning about it. I thought that was a little late. Especially for other people who commute from far away.

I'm going to use today to get back on track with exercise and eating. I am going to challenge myself to lose 5lbs by Valentines day. I'm thinking of creating a thread for it and seeing if others will join. That will give me something to do on this snow filled Thurs.

CosmicGal
01-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Ug. Why am I so tired today. I have to go to work in a moment and I am really not looking forward to that. But just like exercise you have to do what you have to do huh?

Not to mention my kids were driving me crazy this morning. It was totally an eat an entire coffee cake kind of morning. Good thing we didn't have any coffee cake. Hope everyone has a good day!

Jelma
01-27-2011, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=ja2ma6lee;3678323]Jelma- how did the shopping go? I buy a lot of my clothing online at VS and Kohls. I rarely go to the mall. If so its to return my kohls stuff.
QUOTE]

I totally wussed out on the shopping, I ended up using my gift card for a new cell phone. I did look at belts though, men's because all the women's ones are too frilly and embellished for my tastes. Found one but not in the size I wanted, oh well. My bf wants to go the outlet malls this weekend so maybe I will have some luck out there.

I would definitely be down for a lose 5 by V-day challenge! I need some motivation to get out of 150s.

I feel bad complaining about the weather here with you guys in the northeast, it has been terrible for you :( We have more snow coming tonight, only a few inches but it will probably be big for you guys. Here in Cincy we basically shut down for a few inches, we are not use to it and it is extremely hilly here. Violin Jenn - I can't believe you'd be open with 16 inches on the ground!!!

My pilates class is tonight, I can't wait! We were off last week because of snow, I did managed to get two 20 minute workouts in this week so at least I won't be struggling too much. My weigh in is tomorrow and I am dreading it, 2nights of eating out and drinking too much beer. Hopefully it won't be too bad considering the rest of the time I did well.