Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #1  
Lazy Daisy

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default I did so well all night, and then...

I was doing so good last night. Counted my calories until supper time, had a small meal and thought I was home free for the rest of the evening. I had a NewYear's eve party and people brought food over, lots of dishes with cream cheese! I only had a few bites until the end of the night after everyone left, I was watching Animal House and loafing on the couch not thinking about my diet and just mindlessly snacking. I got into the chocolate and suddenly remembered I shouldn't be eating when I'm not hungry but it was too late. The taste of chocolate did me in and I had handfuls of mini M&Ms and Hershey's Kisses. Woke up with anxiety this morning from all the sugar. Oh well. Today is a new day, and a new year. I found a workout partner who has gym equipment at her house. This is a big deal because I live in a remote community in the arctic and shipping stuff up here cost around
$5/kg. I can't wait to get started. It's a night out for me too, there is really nothing to do and no where to go here. It is a dry community, so no bars. The big outing here is at the community centre for square dancing! Anyway, I am super motivated and dedicated to losing weight this year and improving my overall appearance. Good luck to everyone and Happy New Year!

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a better man. -Benjamin Franklin
lazydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

We all slip up on occasion, it's the getting back on track ceaselessly that makes the difference! Congratulation on finding a workout partner in a tough situation, I hope you both do great in 2011!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I am not remote like you, but live in the countryside, tho I can drive to workouts, but have equipment at home to help me. DOn't use it enough. I am in awe of your resolve and want to hear more about your efforts. GOod for you.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:10 AM   #4  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I just wanted to wish you the best of luck and tell you I love the quote in your signature!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:39 AM   #5  

I find I have to either throw out or put out of reach all yummy snack type foods..If I have a party I make doggie bags for everyone to take home, that way I don't have deal with the temptation. Yep, I'm weak (and I know it)
Ruslana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #6  

Its ok, we all slip up and it was New Years Eve!! start tracking and start small so you'll keep going, good luck!
marisa820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #7  
Lazy Daisy

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7.5"

Thanks everyone, good luck to you all! Let's tackle our goals in 2011. We will not accept defeat!
lazydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote