Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #1  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Default Hello Maintainers, Could I Join You Please?

I've been lurking on here for a month or so now, and the more I read the more I think I belong here now while I finish the last bit of my weight loss journey and then begin my maintenance journey.
I've spent all of my journey so far in the 100lb Club, but lately have felt like I don't really fit in anymore as all the challenges going on aren't applicable to me now.
A little bit about me. I started my journey on 27th July 2009 weighing 274lbs and with a BMI of 47 I think it was. Back then I couldn't even imagine getting to Onederland, but I wanted to set a goal for myself so chose 145lbs which would get me to a healthy BMI of 24.9 after about 17 years.
In November when I hit this goal although I felt great, I didn't feel done if you know what I mean. So first of all I adjusted my goal down to 139.5lbs as here in the UK we work in stones and lbs and that meant I would weigh 9st something and not 10st something However this past few months my own personal goal in my head has been to get to 137lbs so that I can say I've lost half my original weight. So again I readjusted my goal to 137lbs which I was so close to on Xmas Eve (137.5lbs).
After lurking on here though I've been giving a lot of thought to a red line which I think will be a great tool for me, and I've finally decided that I'd like 137 to be that red line, and so I'd like to get a few pounds under that for wiggle room for weekends, holidays etc.
So today I've officially edited my ticker to show today's weight (140lbs after a BAD day yesterday) and my final goal for myself of 132lbs.
So whilst in effect I'm happy here where I am (as long as the number goes back under 140 in the next couple of days ) and sort of ready for maintenance, I'm hoping to lose that few more pounds to get to where I'd really in my dreams love to be, and so am also hoping to join in the Operation 5-10 more pounds thread here from now on.
I hope I can make a worthwhile contribution here in the maintainers forum and learn lots of valuable lessons from those of you who've been doing this a while.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Well come on in! What would you like to be called when addressed in posts?

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #3  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for the welcome Dagmar. A lot of the people in the 100 Club called me LM (short for my LovingMe username), but my real name is Lisa so you can use either.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #4  
Meg

Lisa! A lot of us are trying to lose five or ten (or more!) pounds, all the while focusing on keeping off what we've already lost. So you're going to fit right in.

Post a lot and we're all looking forward to getting to know you better!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote