General chatter - So, what did you do last night?

View Full Version : So, what did you do last night?

Jonesie
01-01-2011, 08:58 AM
I took the kids to a game party and while the kids we off playing upstairs all the adults played Just Dance. :D I think this is the first NYE in a while I wasnt eating or drinking the night out. It was a blast and although Im ready to move forward with my goals, Im kinda bummed 2010 is over. I did good this year!

What about you? Anyone get wild? Lol

seagirl
01-01-2011, 09:06 AM
I met my friends out a bar, nursed 2 beers over the course of a few hours then switched to water while watching most everyone else get drunker and drunker.
We ended up being out until almost 1, so far past my bedtime!

It is heavenly to wake up this morning not hung over, not feeling gross from bar food, not regretting anything.

Heading out for a nice long walk soon!

joyfulloser
01-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Nothing...was in bed by 10pm:)

Firecrackers woke me up at midnight though!:mad:

Ruthxxx
01-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Friends came over early. We chatted, sipped champagne, reviewed the year's joys and sorrows, munched some leftover frozen goodies, petted dogs, laughed a lot and wound it all up around ten. Strangely enough 2011 arrived without us!

jules1216
01-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Had the grandboys..watched the ball drop...went outside to hear the guns and fireworks being shot off....then to bed...my early riser grandboy had me up before 7....

4xcharm
01-01-2011, 10:23 AM
I had a glass of wine at 6pm, and was soooo sleepy by 9 I just had to go to bed. Awakened by the firecrackers and shotguns. Turned over in bed. Happy New Year.

CanadianCutie
01-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Was in bed by 11, asleep by 11:30. Woke at midnight by drunken neighbors shouting.

FrouFrou
01-01-2011, 02:09 PM
This was the first year in a while I actually rang in the New Year, sort of. At 12:01 I texted all my kids including DIL and wished them a HNY and I played games on FB and had a Mikes Hard Pink Lemonade...so exciting, lol.

darway
01-01-2011, 02:15 PM
I walked 6 miles, ate dinner, put in my earplugs to drown out the fireworks, and went to bed at 9PM! :D Slept fine.

Aclai4067
01-01-2011, 02:19 PM
A friend of mine had a small house party. We ate, drank and played Just Dance on the Wii. It was a lot of fun, and I got a workout!

Martina
01-01-2011, 03:05 PM
I stayed at home with Dexter and watched the MTV bash, and saw snooki being dropped in a ball. We did have some cheese and crackers but I did not overdo it. And of course Dexter, once midnight came, yelled outside at the top of his lungs "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" like he does every year. But no, no partying or drinking (I don't drink, never have) on our end.

theox
01-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Did some strength training, ate dinner, talked to my parents on the phone. A bit after 11 I walked to a bar where I nursed a sloe gin fizz and a midnight glass of champagne provided compliments of the establishment. Argued with myself about getting a third drink, decided not to, paid up, went home about 1.

shcirerf
01-01-2011, 04:30 PM
My husband had to be at work at midnight to clean streets since our storm is over here in Nebraska, so he took a nap and I stayed up to get him up, as soon as he left, I crashed, slept through the whole thing.

stellarwbz
01-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I went to a Stars game then to NYE in Big D. There were too many drunk people at Victory Park so I don't think I will do that again. It was impossible to leave. I didn't have anything to drink.

tytbody
01-01-2011, 07:43 PM
I loved my New Year. We went to a Navy Base Lodge without the puppy. We ate subway subs, had some Champagne, had some chocolates, had some love and had a great New Awake, New year:) yea us.

lizziep
01-01-2011, 10:16 PM
i had to get up at 8am to work today, and i do not usually work til noon so we didn't do much. in bed shortly after watching the ball drop on tv and read til 1am and then out out out.

sacha
01-01-2011, 10:21 PM
I was lights out at 8pm because I correctly predicted an early wakeup! My baby was morning fresh & ready to play at 4:55am.

EZMONEY
01-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Went to see True Grit...awesome....then to our favorite Italian joint where my step-d/bf and nephew met us....my kids/spouses were with friends...came home and watched Avatar which had been on the shelf for months....liked True Grit much more!

Bed about 11...late for us!

Faux
01-02-2011, 01:43 AM
well I thought I had plans with a girlfriend but my car was frozen and decided against it. borrowed a car to take my boyfriend to the airport but I did my NYE makeup anyways so i'd look nice for him to kiss him into the new year early. but then my girlfriend came and got me and we went to the sports bar and it was fun! danced like a hoochie and got a killer work out, lol.

tytbody
01-02-2011, 01:48 AM
So you left your boyfriend to go dance with your girlfriend?

Shopaholic1204
01-02-2011, 02:18 AM
My hubby, SIL, her bf & I all drove from Az to Vegas. We checked in at the Venetian, then my SIL & I got ready in 30 mins, and hauled our butts over to The Palms. We got to meet, get autographs, and take pics with 30 Seconds to Mars (Jared Leto is the lead singer :D)!! After the opening acts (DJs and dancers), the band came on at 11pm & they played until the New Year!!! It was AMAZING!! It was seriously one of the best nights ever!!! We didn't drink..but the guys sure did. They gambled & drank too much, lol! They were passed out in bed (we had seperate rooms). I'm so thankful hubs didn't wake up hungover, lol!! Then today, we hung out at the hotel, bought some souvenirs, and gambled a little bit. I won $52 playing the slots, and hubs won $300 in Blackjack!! OH..and my SIL's bf saw Kim Kardashian, but he was too drunk to talk to her, lol!!

pinkyroo
01-02-2011, 12:45 PM
I stayed home (against the urgings of all of my friends) and spent the night with my online boyfriend (complicated situation) and had a few drinks, ringing in the new year with someone I love. At least I couldn't get into trouble right! ;)

emaline29
01-02-2011, 02:01 PM
I did my usual stay at home thing!lol!
Did have a very nice day as my daughter who lives in Eire rang and we had a great chat and laugh, my sister rang, short chat - as is her wont! and lovely surprise a dear freind who I have not seen for some time as she moved some 60 miles away, she also rang and we had a right good catchup chat! So I am quite a happy bunny at the mo'.

Hyacinth
01-02-2011, 02:34 PM
I planned to attend a party, but ended up staying home nursing a cold. I usually don't care much for public events on NYE ... lines are long, amateurs are out, and often the roads are bad.

Smiling_Sara
01-02-2011, 02:38 PM
um, not to much. went out to dinner with a friend. was home by 8, tinkered around online, talked with a online friend, went to bed.