South Beach Diet - Weekend South Beach Chat

View Full Version : Weekend South Beach Chat

BellaLucia
01-01-2011, 01:30 AM
Happy New Year and thank you for your prayers regarding my job opportunity. I will let you know how the interview on Monday goes!

Bellissa
01-01-2011, 02:36 AM
Happy New Year everyone! I hope this goes as planned; new year, new me. :) Just stopping in really quickly.

God Bless and good day!

Heidi58
01-01-2011, 02:39 AM
:flow2::flow1:Happy New Year!:flow1::flow2:

I survived the Youth Group New Year's Eve Bash and safely drove 6 teens and myself home after midnight. The kids seemed to have a great time eating, playing games, etc. and were focused during the devotional time just before midnight. I'm really pleased with how the night went. I did have a couple of bites of things I shouldn't have, but not enough to do any damage so it was a great night all around. I'm drinking a cup of tea and unwinding a little now so that I can go to sleep. I'll start the new year by sleeping late. :lol:

May 2011 be a wonderful year full of great health, much joy and many blessings for each of you dear friends. :hug:

BellaLucia
01-01-2011, 02:47 AM
Cool beans Heidi, we will reach our goals together in 2011!

LADY WINDSONG
01-01-2011, 04:09 AM
Happy NEW year to you lovely ladies.

I was awaken by the fireworks welcoming in 2011. So I changed the sheets on my bed and put in a load of Lou's clothes.

He doesn't want to start SB until Monday due to all his "goodies" he still wants to eat. I said IF they are not gone by Sunday night OUT THEY GO!

I will be taking my before picture today and will weigh. I will oficially start Monday but I will be practicing today and tomorrow and rereading in the Supercharged book.

I also have to go find my SB cookbook. So glad I didn't give it away.

I love to cook so I am going to have fun revamping!

I don't need to lose asmuch weight as my Lou does (have lost 50) but I need some structure.

SB, new friends and a new year I am happy to be here.

Lexxiss
01-01-2011, 05:01 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

:newyear: :celebrate: :cheers: Wishing us all the best this year with our health, weightloss and life in general!

We've walked the pups in the bitter cold and will join Mom for breakfast at 8. Then the day is all ours! We'll stay indoors since it's freezing outside!

Have a great day everyone!

LADY WINDSONG
01-01-2011, 06:01 AM
:newyear::brr:

annieoh
01-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Happy new year, everyone! :)

Ruthxxx
01-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Good morning and Happy New Year!

This old babe was in bed before ten last night but I did have some champagne with friends who dropped in. They wanted to finish up the Christmas party leftovers from the freezer and did a good job. You can always count on my friends to demolish food.

We are having another "spring" day today with the temperature going to 50F! That'll break a record but we will be back to our usual deep cold after today. It was a bonus and the dogs have enjoyed it.

Have a lovely and relaxing first day of 2011!

cottagebythesea
01-01-2011, 09:00 AM
:newyear: I celebrated the start of the new year by sleeping in. :)

Everyone was gone by 9pm last night, and I was in bed an hour later. I did hear some fireworks going off at midnight, but drifted right back to sleep. Foodwise, I didn't do too bad. I did partake of the fondue, and had some cheese and triscuits and some shrimp, and stayed away from all the sweets. But I had two amaretto and ginger ales, and I'm sure they weren't any good for me.

Today we're taking down the tree and the rest of the decorations and getting the house back to normal. We're having all the family over tomorrow for our postponed Christmas dinner and they want me to keep my tree up, but I'm tired of looking at it.

For supper today, we're having our traditional New Year's dinner of pork and sauerkraut, black-eyed peas, and cornbread. I'll cook my sauerkraut separate from the pork, and have a nice plate of that with the black-eyed peas, and a small piece of cornbread. If I get ambitious, maybe I'll make the fake cornbread for myself, then I can have a bigger piece. ;)

I wish you all a Happy and Healty New Year!

WaistingTime
01-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Good morning and happy New Year! I was also in bed early. I'm not one for resolutions but there are certainly things I plan to work on this year, and always. Eating well is, of course, top of my list.

I want to give a big thank you to everyone. Becoming a part of this amazing community was one of the highlights of 2010 for me:)

Looking forward to a great 2011 for us all!

LADY WINDSONG
01-01-2011, 09:26 AM
:shocksn:It is -19!

shelflife
01-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Morning everyone and :newyear:

Phase 1, day 1! Official starting weight is 179lbs... goal is 173lbs by Jan 31!

We decided to skip the city's new year celebration and the -31C (-23F) temperatures, and spent the evening at home. I wound up asleep before midnight :D

Today the plan is to take down the tree, and keep warm.

CyndiM
01-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Good morning :coffee2: Like the other old folks I was in bed by 10 last night. Unfortunately the insomnia hit around 3 but I was able to get back to sleep eventually and am just now getting up. It's going to be 50 here so I'm sure we will head out somewhere to look for birds and walk around.

Today is a new day and I'm off to reinstate the ticker. Welcome to 2011 friends :newyear:

Pearlrose
01-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Happy New Year!!!

My goal this is year is to stay positive and get back on track with my weight loss.

We had a crazy day yesterday in St. Louis area, we had tornado sirens going off everywhere, had to run to the basement and on top of it I was oncall and I had to assist from home because work was so busy. We were going to go to St. Louis for their 1st night but I was too tired, so we stayed home. DD2 and I played xbox360 and then at 11;30, dh joined us to watch the tape delayed ball drop in NYC. DD1 and DS went over to friends houses. It was not too bad of a way to ring in the New Year. I woke up early so decided to get my workouts in and did 2 back to back.

Okie- I will be praying for your job interview that it goes well and is what you want.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Heidi58
01-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Good morning! Happy 2011!

I slept til 9, now I'm wandering around trying to figure out where the morning has gone! :lol:

I've got an easy day planned, a little laundry and light housework, and some school work that I've been putting off all week. It's going to be warm here again (mid 40's) so I'm looking forward to another long walk outdoors today. (I feel a little bit guilty bragging about that after reading about the cold day some of you are facing! :brr: )

Right now I need to hit the wii fit, and take my shower. Enjoy your day, friends!

LifeisPrecious
01-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Happy New Year!!!

Now that the holidays are quieting down I am looking forward to being more focused on a healthier lifestyle. As a new beacher it is encouraging that you can simply refocus and pickup where you left off with ease!

Wishing you all the same excitement witin me for a wonderful, prosperous, and meaningful new year.

Cheers!

tanner'smom
01-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Happy New Year!!!

Not much planned for today. This is the first Saturday in a long time that my son does not have a play or play practice, so my husband and son are having a boy day. I think I am going to run some errands with my mom and then start looking at school stuff.

Tommorow my first week of SBD will be over. It will be great to get an offical weigh in.

sophie
01-01-2011, 11:26 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

May your year be healthy and all your dreams come true.

I have been missing and regret it. Was suppose to have a quiet holiday but kept having company. Anyways, back on track as of now.
take care
Sophie

Ruthxxx
01-01-2011, 12:03 PM
So nice to see new folks and "old" folks checking in. Checking into the Daily is one of the most important things to help keep on track so please do it, even if you have wandered a bit off plan. (There are lots of temptations in the forest at the edge of the beach and I don't mean just the cabana boys!)

weezle
01-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm here, I'm here. :yawn: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!! Voodoo is taking her 3rd nap of the day. She's not used to all the company and staying up late. We threw a party and our dog is the one that got sick the next morning! :lol3: Poor Voo. Just way too many people to entertain all night long! (She did finally fall asleep in the chair around 11:45 last night but only for 10 minutes or so.)

So today Chris and I are being lazy and watching the SNL Best Of.... on VH1. Right now it's Alec Baldwin. So funny!

Anyway, I'm going to lie down and be lazy for the remainder of the day. I hope everyone had a very safe and happy New Year!

Lisa :D

shelflife
01-01-2011, 04:03 PM
For those of you who have done the plan for some time, did you find your sugar cravings eased up as things went on? Would you describe yourselves as sugar/carb addicted in the past, and how do you handle the moderation required in other phases?

I ask because I am totally addicted to sugar. I consume carbs in excess at meals and crave them intensely the rest of the time. That was part of the appeal of SBD. Since I feel this is similar to other addictions, a period of abstinence is helpful to break the habit.

I'm feeling the effects of withdrawal now... how long did it last for you? It will cease, right???? :?:

WaistingTime
01-01-2011, 04:08 PM
For those of you who have done the plan for some time, did you find your sugar cravings eased up as things went on? Would you describe yourselves as sugar/carb addicted in the past, and how do you handle the moderation required in other phases?

I ask because I am totally addicted to sugar. I consume carbs in excess at meals and crave them intensely the rest of the time. That was part of the appeal of SBD. Since I feel this is similar to other addictions, a period of abstinence is helpful to break the habit.

I'm feeling the effects of withdrawal now... how long did it last for you? It will cease, right???? :?:

Honestly, I found PH1 very hard the first time. But, the cravings really do loosen their grip. For me, I don't do very well with moderation. There are some foods I am just better off avoiding. I know this is a pretty controversial approach. I will tell you that the longer I go without the foods that really scream to me, the less I crave them. It is hard to give that stuff up but you may find that you hardly even miss it after a while and that you feel so much better (and if like me, happier) when you don't eat it.

CyndiM
01-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Two tips that really helped me with the infamous South Beach flu:
make sure you get your dairy servings in.
A couple of servings of beans every day also really help.

I agree the detox makes a huge difference. I've never been able to just move to moderation. That's why I love this plan :)

It will be better in a few days if you just stick with it.

shelflife
01-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the responses ladies! I'm so glad to have a few days off while I'm starting this. I'm sure being able to incessantly check this forum and read your success stories is making the difference and saving me from mindlessly filling my face with sugar (and the inevitable guilt that follows).

Although I did eat two bowls of that awesome broccoli cheese soup (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/soups-stews-phase-1/51890-broccoli-cheese-soup-daily-dish.html) instead of one :p

Is it common to lose a lot of water the first few days of this?

Natasha1534
01-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Happy New Year, ladies (and gentlemen if there are any joining us today)!!! :) Plans last night were to stay home and just watch the ball drop on TV, but a friend of mine called and invited me over to his house to ring in the New Year w/ him, his wife, and some friends. So at 1130 PM I packed up and headed over there. Made it there w/ 15 minutes to spare and was put in charge as "official timekeeper" since I was the only sober one. I did have 1 glass of wine at midnight and 1 Coors Light, but that was it. It's funny, living life anew as the sober one amongst drunk friends, you realize how annoying you were back when YOU were the drunk one, LOL One guy there ended up running around the backyard in just his boxer briefs...and before the night was over I saw him in tinfoil underpants and a tinfoil hat. I even have a picture that I forwarded to my closest friends, LOL

We've got a dinner of barbecue chicken, collards, black beans, mock cornbread, and baked sweet potatoes cooking right now. YUM!!!

shelflife - Welcome to the beach!!! I promise you, it DOES get better. My mom and I both were sweet-addicts and we've been able to make it through, so I promise you it IS doable. I also used to eat A LOT of bread and now I rarely have it at all. I ate lunch at Applebees today (salad and french onion soup) and they brought me a breadstick w/ it, so I just passed it over to my brother. Didn't even WANT it. I also tell the server at Olive Garden "no breadsticks" when I order the soup, salad, and breadsticks. When I was baking a lot for Christmas, though, I was overindulging in the on-plan desserts. So what I do now is I just don't bake as much. I'll make 1 sweet treat and have 1 serving per night and I don't make anything else until it's all gone. I've found that if I just don't keep it in the house, I can't eat it!!! ;) And yes, you will absolutely find that you lose a good bit of water weight during Phase I. ;)

TallandThin
01-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Good afternoon friends and a healthy :newyear: to all.

Okie, wishing you good luck with your interview on Monday.

Good job Heidi for resisting most of the temptations and especially for getting everyone home safe.

Howdy Windsong, tanner'smom and LifeisPrecious, glad to meet you all.

shelflife, OMG yes, I am the biggest sugar/carb addit ever! I can say that the cravings did let up after a few days of phase one. But that being said, there are still some days that I just about go out of my mind craving both. Guess it will never completely go away but thank goodness those days don't happen too often. On my "bad" days, I just have to keep telling myself that I can get through it and that it will pass and I will be so darn happy that I made it through.

Today is a nice quiet easy day for me. DH has his nose in football and Mr. Big (our dog) is snoozing in front of the woodstove. I spent quite a while posting the 2011 calendars. Hopefully I haven't forgotten any significant events. Other than that, a little laundry, and some odds and ends. I should start putting away all of the Christmas decorations but my head just isn't into it today so will do that another day.

BellaLucia
01-01-2011, 08:15 PM
This board is really popping, which is good to see! I'm getting my hair done tomorrow so I can look my best for the interview.

shelflife
01-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Sounds like everyone is off to a good start for 2011!

Natasha -- Ordering just soup & salad at the Olive Garden?? awesome will power! I won't be venturing near the O.G. for quite some time! It sounds like you've got eating out nailed. This will be a huge challenge for me. For phase one, I'm planning to cook at home and bring my lunch which I should be able to handle for two weeks (though that will be the longest time i've gone without eating out... well... ever :o). I'm going to be on the road for 2.5 weeks in late Jan/early Feb interviewing for residency placements next year -- far from low-stress. Integrating real life with a disciplined phase two will be really tough.

TallandThin -- Glad to hear it does get easier. I guess, like a true addiction, there are good days and bad days. I'll have to give some real thought to my triggers. With the "addiction" approach I'm taking, I've thought about attending some OA meetings. I don't think I've quite got the courage for that yet though.

FoodObsessed -- Best of luck on your interview tomorrow! Hope your like what your stylist does, and you're able to relax yourself a bit beforehand too.

BellaLucia
01-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks shelflife! I'm getting a weave in my hair.

LADY WINDSONG
01-02-2011, 04:48 AM
Hello from COLD Colorado!

Here it is Sunday! I pre weighed for tomorrow on Saturday just to see what the holidays did to my weight and I am pleased to say it was a gain of less than 2 pounds.

I hope your job interview goes well.

The SB flu will get better. Take care of your thinking while you go through this.

I can imagine how nice it was to be around friends and family.

I am doing my laundry now and will read some here then do emails and finally read in Supercharge.

Lou and I start tomorrow and I am fearful that I will mindlessly pick up a no no and eat it.
I could wear a bell around my neck like a cow does!

Kettle-balls sound like a great idea but be careful.

Plan for today and may this day be successful.

BBL:moo:

Ruthxxx
01-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Good morning from about to be sunny but cold Delta.

I slept a bit late and have to get ready for Church so need to rush. I hope your day starts out well - "has started" for the Early Chicks!

cottagebythesea
01-02-2011, 08:50 AM
It's rainy but warmish, here in Thorndale. I'll take it over the alternative.

I'll be wrapping up the last of the holiday festivities today with having the family over for our holiday dinner that was canceled last Sunday because of the snowstorm. Most of the food was already cooked and stashed in the freezer, so preparing for it today will be a breeze.

Wow, here we are on the 2nd day of January already! Time flies!

WaistingTime
01-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Good morning! Nothing much planned here but a grocery run and some reading. Oh, and eating OP:) And, yes, exercising too. Yesterday felt like Sunday... wonder what today will feel like!

Have a great day all.

CyndiM
01-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Good morning friends :coffee2: I am determined to enjoy my last day of vacation and not obsess over work. Instead I'll obsess over the list of things I did not get done this past week ;) or maybe I'll just relax, get a few things done and enjoy the day!

Loving my new multi-cooker and the ability to go from pressure cooking to slow cooking. We have a freezer full of beans and bean dishes from my experiments.

It's not as warm as yesterday but still warmish for January. I'm with Cottage - I'll take it over the alternative! Enjoy your Sunday

cottagebythesea
01-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Karen, yesterday really DID feel like Sunday! Both Jake and I had to keep questioning it, but it was sure a thrill to find out we had another day off to look forward to! :)

Heidi58
01-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Good morning ladies! :wave:

My wii fit is trying to butter me up this morning, it gave me a wii fit age of 25 - that's younger than either of my kids' real life ages. I think the old balance board was distracted this morning. LOL

I've got to leave for church in a few minutes but I was afraid if I didn't check in now I wouldn't get to it today.

Shelflife, I spent a lot of time running back and forth from the ladies room on phase 1. It drove me crazy, I didn't feel like I was drinking enough fluids to need to go so often, but it settled down after a week or so.

Cyndi and Linda, today is kind of bittersweet for me, too. I've had a great vacation and wish I had a few more days before heading back to work. I'm trying not to think too much about it today - the alarm clock will remind me in the morning. :D

Oops, Fergie's heading out to the car, gotta go.
Enjoy your Sunday friends!

annieoh
01-02-2011, 10:21 AM
I want to start running this year. :) There. Now I have to because I've told all of you about it. :) Ha ha!

But today is probably a "last day off so I'm going to be a bum" sort of a day.

Hope you all have a grand Sunday filled with adventures and yummy foods.

shelflife
01-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Morning everyone!

Do you ladies have... *ahem* a favorite SBD P1 approved fiber supplement (besides eating more beans)? :lol: Have a feeling getting "backed up" will become a problem, and I want to plan ahead so I don't give myself any outs to quit.

Plan for today is to get to the gym with the BF, and take down the tree -- I need that thing out of my livingroom! And I have a suspicion that if it isn't gone today, it won't be gone til February!

Lexxiss
01-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

We slept in and are meeting my Mom this morning for brunch. I tried to kindly suggest that we didn't have to go...but she really wanted to. That means 3 breakfasts out in 3 days. To tell the truth, this is the first holiday season where I really noticed that everything seems to revolve around eating. I'm actually pretty tired of it...I enjoy my WOE much better and sure see "in action" why there is such a problem with obesity. My Mom sent over more cookies last night. :shrug:

Have a great day everyone!

tanner'smom
01-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Hello,

Glad to hear everyone is having a relaxing Sunday. We are headed to church and then cleaning the house. Sunday's are my days for laundry and cleaning.

My exciting news is I have completed one week and I stepped on the scale this morning. I lost 8.6 lbs. Kind of in shock. I do know it is water weight from this being my first week, but what motivation to keep going.:carrot:

shelflife
01-02-2011, 11:17 AM
My exciting news is I have completed one week and I stepped on the scale this morning. I lost 8.6 lbs. Kind of in shock. I do know it is water weight from this being my first week, but what motivation to keep going.:carrot:

Congrats!! That's fabulous! Keep at it this week! :broc:

BellaLucia
01-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks Lady Windsong. I'm just waiting for my hairdresser to call so I can get my hair done. I'll try to post a picture of it if I can.

weezle
01-02-2011, 11:43 AM
:tired:

It's my own fault. I got plenty of sleep, just wasn't good yesterday. Molly (preggo with her 3rd!!!) left her bottle of sparkling grape juice here from New Years, so I thought I would try a glass last night before bed. After the first sip, I should have just stopped drinking it, it was so sweet. But it tasted good so I drank it, and woke up this morning with the shakes and I am just wiped out.

Tomorrow is the big day!!! I have a fridge FULL of veggies and am going to make Cyndi's go-to veggie soup with cabbage, tomatoes, baby spinach, garlic, onion, and broccoli (insted of zucchini.) Tons of stuff for salads, too. Gonna make a pot of lentils and brown rice tonight for the week, too. So cheap! I'm ready. Chris and I are going to clean out the fridge today, too, and throw out all the bad stuff leftover from the holidays.

Otherwise a bunch of being lazy for my last day home. Chris took tomorrow off, so that'll be a nice extra day of rest for him. Going to go start on some breakfast with Mr. Chris. I hope everyone has a fabulous day!!! :D

Lisa

LADY WINDSONG
01-02-2011, 11:47 AM
:bravo: tanner'smom

LADY WINDSONG
01-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Lisa Good Luck tomorrow.
I start SB with my dh in the morning. Taking a picture and weighing.

Heidi58
01-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Hello again. :)

Annie, I tried running last year but found it I'm much happier with brisk walks. I used Couch to 5K (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml) and was really happy with the program though. Have you checked it out?

Okie, I'd love to see a pic of your hair once you get it done. I'll look forward to that.

Tanner's mom - :broc: Hooray! :broc:
That's an amazing weight loss for one week! You must be so pleased!

Shelflife, I like the SF Fiber Choice chewables. They work well, are inexpensive and easy to find. I eat a lot of cheese when I'm doing phase 1 and end up taking the Fiber Choice twice a day instead of just once to stay comfortable.

Lisa, I hope you feel better soon.

Debbie, I ate out too many times over the holidays too. We traveled a lot and always seemed to be on the road at mealtimes. It's expensive and not as much fun as it used to be. These days, I like my own cooking better than most restaurant stuff and I know what I'm eating when I fix it at home. I hope this will be the end of your breakfasts out for a while. :)

weezle
01-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks Windsong and Heidi! I will feel better tomorrow when I am back to eating right and taking care of myself again. Biggest Loser + healthy foods = a much happier and less shaky me.

It's my own fault, but I'm on a mission this time. I just want to feel better. :lol: Of course, fitting back into my clothes will be exciting for me, but feeling better is the key. Saw a "Freaky Eater" episode yesterday with a girl addicted to cola, drank 30 cans/day on average. She actually was one they couldn't get to. It was really sad, but she was all skinny and everything, and pre-diabetic from the amount of sugar she was consuming daily. Even the knowledge of her blood sugar and insulin levels didn't get her to cut back.

I don't need to get that far I don't think. I'm too afraid of everything. I got the short-end of the stick as far as family history goes. I'm 30. Time to suck it up and just be healthy. Hey, I quit smoking right? Oct 29, 2008. That was hard. If I can do that, certainly I can do this.

Good luck and blessings to everyone getting started up again tomorrow! Hugs!

Lisa

TallandThin
01-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Morning friends :wave:

Nate, my DH (who was born and raised in Alabama) would love your dinner last night. I never did learn to cook southern style.

Shelflife, I hear your concern about staying on plan while away from home. I will be staying at my DD2's for ten days this month while that are on vacation and I'm absolutely scared to death that I won't be able to stay on plan. I'm not the type of person that does well in someone else's home. I need to be doing something almost all the time. But all we can do is our best in any situation.

Lady Windsong and Lisa, good luck tomorrow.

Many of you are enjoying your last day of vacation before going back to work tomorrow. Oh how I remember that feeling but don't miss it. Retirement is all that folks look forward to, trust me.

I just got back from my walk even thought my right foot is fussing a little. Hopefully it is just "old age". Last night I drug in all of the totes and will start going through each one to donate what is no longer needed or wanted and will then start packing everything away for next year. So, the house is going to be a mess for the next few days until I get it all organized.

Debbie, I noticed the same thing this holiday season........every get together involved food. Like you, I'm so happy to get back to the way I was eating. I also have a similar problem about folks giving us food porn. My DH is tall and thin and can eat anything and everything all day and night and never gain a pound so family and friends always give "him" their leftover goodies which of course call my name and drive me crazy.

Tanner'smom, Way to go!

BelovedK
01-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Just popping in to say "Hi"... Late to the weekend chat, catch you tomorrow :)

Lexxiss
01-02-2011, 06:54 PM
TallandThin, Where are you going on vacation??

sophie
01-02-2011, 08:17 PM
So, DH and sons are finishing the last of New Year's dessert, I'm in the computer room. Today went well and I hope to be on plan 100%. I have an appointment with a g.i. specialist, late april and they weigh me and take a measurement of my waist. When I first saw the dr. I hated him but the last time I lost weight when I saw him and I could feel that he was treating me differently. No snow whatsoever here.
take care
Sophie
p.s. I would like to lose 10 lbs by then which is not an unattainable goal. I feel that if I lose more they will think something is wrong with me.

TallandThin
01-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Debbie, Oh how I wish it was a vacation someplace nice and warm! But the reality is that I'll be down at our DD2's taking care of my DGS, their house and three dogs for ten days while DD2 and her hubby go off to some island to bask in the sun. I'm really worried about staying on plan while there too as I don't do well being in someone else's house. I'm trying to think of things to take to keep me busy as there won't be much to do. Plus I plan to walk a lot but in the past if I got bored, I ate..................oh my..........hope I can make it