20-Somethings BL Corner - Team Pink Silk Chat

View Full Version : Team Pink Silk Chat

KimL1214
12-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Here is where you get to know your team mates! Just a reminder, chatting is not required to be part of the challenge, although it is strongly suggested!

Good luck everyone!!!

Here is your team…

Team Pink Silk

armygirl808
bodyTOObootylicious
Cheyenne
ferretgirl
GreenTeaYum
homiegiiib
iiholly
IslandVet
jazzang
JennieLovesKisses
JLNichols07
kalikat003
katylil
KimL1214
LauraLovesWeims
Matilda08
oOPeanutOo
peachykeen62
Rtsmme4life
shasha12
socalfelicity
southernbelle102
Transporter

Rtsmme4life
12-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Can't wait to start this challenge!!

southernbelle102
12-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Yay, Pink Silk!!! Can't wait!

Transporter
12-31-2010, 03:26 PM
yay! hi everybody!

jazzang
12-31-2010, 04:17 PM
hi girls!!!!

shasha12
12-31-2010, 05:03 PM
hi everyone!! so excited to start :) yay pink silk!!!

iiholly
12-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Happy New Years Eve everyone! Hola!

JLNichols07
12-31-2010, 06:37 PM
YAY. Go Team Pink Silk! :) --- Hope everyone has an awesome New Years!

KimL1214
12-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey ladies! Let's start off the challenge with some introductions!!!
As of right now, I will be in charge of all the statistics for this challenge. I will also lead team discussion for Team Pink Silk, and am looking for someone to head up discussions/daily questions for Team Red Lace. My only requirement for this is that you have participated actively in previous challenges. Please PM me if you are interested!

Most Recent NSV:
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome:
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself:

KimL1214
12-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Most Recent NSV: Moved a notch on my belt!!!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 25lbs. Minimum!
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Starting a new Kettle Bell class along with starting an open gym a couple mornings a week at the high school I work at...
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Food is always an issue for me. I'm going on a big food shopping trip tomorrow, and will be spending a good chunk of tomorrow planning meals for the next couple of weeks.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I currently work 2 jobs for a combined 60 hours/week. I'm a certified teacher, but due to the lovely state of the economy right now, I can't find a teaching job. Sooooo... I work as a paraprofessional and a waitress to try and make ends meet. I'm currently living with my parents as I can't afford to live on my own... Love my parents, can't stand living with them... Other then that ... I have a cat and a dog who I call my kids...

oOPeanutOo
01-01-2011, 02:27 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Most Recent NSV: I was able to fit into a t-shirt that I had bought 5 years ago and never worn because itís always been too small.
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: Iíd like to lose 5kgs (11lbs) this time around.
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: To take one day at a time.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Iíve been off plan for a couple of weeks as I have a compression fracture in my spine & I havenít quite got a handle on the pain yet.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I just started teaching myself how to play the guitar. I needed a distraction when the late night munchies hit.

southernbelle102
01-01-2011, 02:56 AM
Most Recent NSV: Bought a fun new robe in a size XL/XXL in a brand that usually runs small and it fit with a good deal of room to spare.
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 20 lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Sticking with my current plan (if it isn't broke don't fix it, right ?) I would like to add in some more exercise too though.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: My back has been horrible lately so I am not sure how much exercise I will be cleared to do. I would like to join a gym soon but the one I have gone to in the past requires physician clearance and I am not sure I will get that at this point.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I am a professional photographer. I am blessed with many wonderful friends and a very supportive family. I have overcome many eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge eating) and am FINALLY doing this the healthy way. It is the first time I have been healthy with my eating since before high - school and I am very proud of myself. My main motivation to get healthy is to be able to get pregnant in the next few years. I plan to have a baby on my own so I need my body to be in top form for the fertility treatments etc.

Rtsmme4life
01-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Melanie
Most Recent NSV:Size 14 Old Navy Jeans!!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:8 pounds
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:Calorie counting
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Valentine's day candy!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself:I am a SAHM of 2 gorgeous boys and have been with their dad over 7 years :)

JLNichols07
01-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Most Recent NSV: Being able to fit into my size 11's.
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 10-13 pounds
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie counting & 4-5x a week of exercise.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I start back school the 10th so I'm hoping to balance school, my workouts, and taking care of my children.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Not anything at the top of my head.

Transporter
01-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Most Recent NSV: none LOL
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 10 lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: not to eat fried food and to workout!
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: i'm my only challenge
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Excited for this challenge! thats all :P

JLNichols07
01-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Rts: I see your from KY. I haven't seen many people on here from KY. Mine telling me what part? I'm from Western KY!

iiholly
01-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Most Recent NSV: fit in to a pair of jeans
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 8 lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: videos videos videos... maybe pushed into going to the gym
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: new years resolution to quit smoking and only drink on weekends... we'll see how it messes with my weight. I have ecigs to help me quit smoking though.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Meh, not right now. I'm a little hung over from last night which wasn't as nearly epic as I wanted it to be. My boyfriend had work in the morning so we ended up hanging out with HIS friends. One of those who is my ex. (small town what can I say)

Transporter
01-01-2011, 09:34 PM
HIS friends. One of those who is my ex. (small town what can I say)

sounds awkward :o

jazzang
01-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Most Recent NSV: fitting into size 12 jeans
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 10-12 pounds
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: keep up with the work out schedule, eat as healthy as possible
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: no binging!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I ran a half marathon in august, and i'm just starting to train for another one in april. i recently had a "hiccup" in my weightloss mainly due to a broken foot (no sports/running for 6 weeks!!!)

oOPeanutOo
01-03-2011, 03:59 AM
KimL1214 Ė Kettle Bells sound like they could be fun! How have you been doing lately? Everything settled down in your life? Is your friend okay?

southernbelle102 Ė I noticed your tracking thread the other day. Itís a great idea to have all your progress mapped out like that. Have you been to a chiropractor for the bulging disc and pinched nerve? I was sceptical about going to see one but Iím a definite fan now.

Rtsmme4life Ė How old are your boys?

JLNichols07 Ė What are you studying at school? Something exciting?

Transporter Ė Fried food is a weakness for me as well. I had to cut it out completely and now that I have, I donít crave it anymore.

iiholly Ė Howís it going with giving up smoking so far? Are you staying strong?

jazzing Ė Ouch to the broken foot! How did you manage to do that?

Hi to anyone else I missed

The number for my first weigh-in wasnít totally unexpected but itís higher than what I ended the last challenge at. Iím attempting to get back on plan at the moment but am mainly watching portion sizes instead of counting calories like I should be. I am confident that I can get back to tracking everything really soon. Hope everyone is having a good start to the New Year!

homiegiiib
01-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Most Recent NSV: unfortunately, none :P
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 25 pounds
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Just to try to make better choices when it comes to eating & also to try and exercise at least 3 times a week!
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: To not let food have control over me!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I am currently a student, studying business with an emphasis on accounting. I have been heavy for most of my life and I am hoping this challenge will give me the extra push I need to get back on track :)

girlonfire
01-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Most Recent NSV: A few days ago, I ate healthily at a Mexican restaurant! Just a fish taco, a side of rice, and a side of grilled vegetables.
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 10 pounds
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:Work out 5 days a week, starting at 30 min and working up to 60 min. Count calories everyday and limit drinking.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome:Emotional eating, trying too hard to be perfect, not getting to the gym as often as I would like and friends who always want to go out to eat!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I have never been lower than 200 pounds. Well, not since I was young at least. I'm a 21 year old student in my senior year studying international studies and politics. I am trying to set minigoals for myself and hopefully this challenge will help keep me accountable towards my first minigoal!

KimL1214
01-03-2011, 11:55 AM
peachykeen62~ What's your workout plan? Great job at the Mexican Restaurant!

homiegiiib~ How do you plan on getting your 3 days/week of exercise in?

oOPeanutOo~ Things are still pretty chaotic. We moved my grandfather into a nursing home last Monday, and he collapsed Tuesday and went back to the hospital. They do finally have a diagnosis, he has colon cancer. We keep getting different life expectancies, so I don't really know what to expect at this point. My friend is still in the middle of the court battles, but things are starting to look up. Portion sizes are important to watch, great job keeping track of those!

jazzang~ A half marathon!!! That's amazing!!!

iiholly~ I'm attempting to quit smoking and cut back on drinking as well right now! Not drinking will help boost weight loss, but last time I quite smoking, I gained, because I ate instead of smoked... So that's something to really watch for.

Transporter~ Fried food is rough, do you have anything you like that you can substitute for it that doesn't pack as many calories?

JLNichols07~ How many kids do you have?

Rtsmme4life~ Valentine's candy is evil... How old are your boys?

southernbelle102~ How is your back treating you today? I hope it gets better soon!!!

Monday Question~ Welcome to 2011!!! Have you made any New Years Resolutions? What are they? Any non-weight related resolutions?

I have three big resolutions for this year. My big one is weight related. I'd like to lose between 75-100lbs. this year. Ideally, I'd love to reach goal and lose the whole 120, but I want to be realistic. My second resolution is to quit smoking, for fairly obvious reasons... My final resolution is to give up soda. I'd like to cut it out of my life completely by the end of January, February at the latest...

My life is still on the crazy side. My best friend is still being falsely accused and having to go to court regularly. My grandfather is still dying, but at least we now have the diagnosis of Colon Cancer, along with his heart failing and numerous other things that just keep piling up. It's sad when someone gets to the point in their life where it is more miserable for them to continue living then to pass on.
Weight wise... I managed to gain back everything I'd lost in the past few months, but plan on losing that by the end of this challenge plus a few more pounds. My problem has been controlling what I eat when problems in life arise. There will be times when I have to drop everything and go to court with my friend which is almost 5 hours away. We normally drive up at night and then drive back the next day. Most of our food we grab from gas stations with maybe one meal out. If I knew ahead of time, I could plan stuff and bring stuff, but the courts love to change dates and wait until the day before to tell us...
I work at the restaurant tonight, so my dinner plan is to cook some fiber rich pasta and lots of veggies to add to my low fat alfredo and pesto... Breakfast was whole grain cheerios with a banana and skim milk. Lunch will be a salad with buffalo grilled chicken (I made and cut up last night) with some low fat blue cheese dressing.
Project for before I go to work tonight (other then making my dinner ahead of time) will be to find my iPod, which is buried somewhere in my car.
I just typed a lot...
Happy Monday (ugh!) everyone!!!

kalikat003
01-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Most Recent NSV: hmm none :P
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 15 lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: proper eating and more physical activity
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Alcohol. I have become accustomed to drinking every weekend, twice a weekend (sometimes Sundays too). I really need to cut this down A LOT
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I am an Employment Counsellor in a small office in Toronto. I love my job!

JLNichols07
01-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Peanut: Well too me it's exciting but to others it probably isn't lol. I'm studying to get my Associates in Office System Technologys. Which is like being a medical transcriptionist or coder.

Kim: I have two kids, one boy and one girl. The boy is 4 months old and the girl is 2 years old. As for your NY's resolutions...I haven't hade a coke since September the hardest part was the first week and after that I won't say I haven't craved one but the cravings aren't nearly as bad as they were when I was drinking them! You can so do it!

kalikat003
01-03-2011, 12:49 PM
New Years Resolution = Little to no pop. I am used to drinking 1-2 a day and that is really bad because of all the sugar and I need to cut it out quite significantly.
Ideally my resolution would be to only have pop once a week.

ferretgirl
01-03-2011, 01:09 PM
:newyear: Happy New Year, chicks!! :D

Glad we're on another challenge.. One or two weeks with no challenge and half of us went on free-for-all... probably shouldn't have had those 4 (?) kid's meals over holiday break... Anyways!! New week, new year, new challenge, so we'll start again ;) Moved the Kinect from the workout room to the living room, so it should be easier to do workouts now, not having to be in the cold.. we'll see. Bought a new digital scale (under $20 at walmart) and some new clothes over break (new sports bras and size 11 jeans, yay!).

Most Recent NSV: going through and getting rid of frumpy, "fat" clothes!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: Lose 5 lbs (Goal weight: 115 lbs)
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Eat right (good-for-you foods), watch portion-sizes (with trusty measuring cup) and workout 5x/week (250 min of exercise/week)
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Biggest challenge will be overcoming boredom with exercise and food. Variety will be my friend ;)
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I dunno! Hehe... This is at least my 3rd 3FC TBL Challenge.. love these things! Seriously... I've learned that I could've saved the $500 membership and lost the weight at home. I lost more at home with 2 dvds than going to the dance studio 3-5x/week.. though eating right was 50% of that battle.. probably the reason for my "at-home" success.

Monday Question~ Welcome to 2011!!! Have you made any New Years Resolutions? What are they? Any non-weight related resolutions?
Haha- New Years Resolutions... Losing weight has been my resolution for at least the past 2 years.. I finally got somewhere on that and wanna keep going, so Weight-Loss Resolution will be to Achieve and Maintain a Healthy Body Weight. More focus points are happiness for myself and kiddo/bf... so more will be to Make Time for My Own Personal Well-Being and Make Time for My Family. Money and organization/cleaning are more important points, so Saving Money and Cleaning House are more, but not specific yet.

peanut and southernbelle: good to see ya again! *hugs*

kimL: I'm sorry for your troubles, girl. *hugs* Just know that your chicks are here, if you need a shoulder, if you need to vent, if you need a hug or a cheer. We're all sending you best wishes :hug: BTW, kudos on your food planning- great idea! :)

Hope everyone's doing good- warming up for our challenge. A V-day themed challenge for everyone's V-day goals :D

Rtsmme4life
01-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Rts: I see your from KY. I haven't seen many people on here from KY. Mine telling me what part? I'm from Western KY!

Hey! I am from northern Ky...about 15-20 mins from Louisville :)

Rtsmme4life
01-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Rtsmme4life~ Valentine's candy is evil... How old are your boys?

![/FONT][/QUOTE]

My boys are 4 & 6 so they def keep me busy!

My resolution is stay on track with my calorie counting and never give up!

JLNichols07
01-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey! I am from northern Ky...about 15-20 mins from Louisville :)

I love about 5-10 minutes out of Owensboro!

jazzang
01-03-2011, 01:38 PM

Well along with eating right and exercising, my new years resolution is to cut out alcohol during the month of January. I want to see how it affects my weight loss! And I also make really bad food choices when there's alcohol involved, so it will help in more way than one :)

Transporter
01-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Thing is i dont really crave fried foods, its just when going out with friends there are some places where i find it gross to order a salad, so ill order french fries, which do me no good! I'm also trying to cut out croutons in salad, they are little bits of sneaky deliciousness i need to avoid :p

My weigh in is higher as well, i didnt do a challenge, but last time i was losing weight i was about 10 lbs lighter :mad:
[QUOTE=KimL1214;3630365]peachykeen62~ What's your workout plan? Great job at the Mexican Restaurant!

Transporter~ Fried food is rough, do you have anything you like that you can substitute for it that doesn't pack as many calories?

I have three big resolutions for this year. My big one is weight related. I'd like to lose between 75-100lbs. this year. Ideally, I'd love to reach goal and lose the whole 120, but I want to be realistic. My second resolution is to quit smoking, for fairly obvious reasons... My final resolution is to give up soda. I'd like to cut it out of my life completely by the end of January, February at the latest...

My life is still on the crazy side. My best friend is still being falsely accused and having to go to court regularly. My grandfather is still dying, but at least we now have the diagnosis of Colon Cancer, along with his heart failing and numerous other things that just keep piling up. It's sad when someone gets to the point in their life where it is more miserable for them to continue living then to pass on.
Weight wise... I managed to gain back everything I'd lost in the past few months, but plan on losing that by the end of this challenge plus a few more pounds. My problem has been controlling what I eat when problems in life arise. There will be times when I have to drop everything and go to court with my friend which is almost 5 hours away. We normally drive up at night and then drive back the next day. Most of our food we grab from gas stations with maybe one meal out. If I knew ahead of time, I could plan stuff and bring stuff, but the courts love to change dates and wait until the day before to tell us...
I work at the restaurant tonight, so my dinner plan is to cook some fiber rich pasta and lots of veggies to add to my low fat alfredo and pesto... Breakfast was whole grain cheerios with a banana and skim milk. Lunch will be a salad with buffalo grilled chicken (I made and cut up last night) with some low fat blue cheese dressing.
Project for before I go to work tonight (other then making my dinner ahead of time) will be to find my iPod, which is buried somewhere in my car.
I just typed a lot...
Happy Monday (ugh!) everyone!!!
I used to be an emotional eater because of problems in my life.. i couldnt deal with it and i used to binge among other circumstances like yours which made me unable to have healthy food as an option, such as being on the road, our weight loss goals are similiar, and im sorry you have such a load on your plate, but be strong!! this goal is for yourself, you deserve to see the beautiful changes on your body

Cheyenne
01-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Most Recent NSV: I assume this means small victory? (what does this mean?) but I have none lol!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 25 pounds (by may 1)
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Portion control!
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Portion control, especially going out w. friends.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: WELL LETS SEE ;)
My name is Cheyenne, I just joined a few days ago and this site looks like it'll be a lot of help for me! I am 6'0" and need to lose 25 pounds, and my goal is for May 1, bikini ready for summer! And I want to keep it off. In years past I have gotten much thinner...but gain it back when I go back to school. This year I hope and plan to gain tools to keep myself where I want...another reason I think the site will really help me out. Also...something important about me is that I love animals! I plan to study marine biology in college. I have 3 sugar gliders, 2 gerbils, 2 dogs (cairn terrier and a pit bull) and many hermit crabs. I love taking care of all my pets :))

IslandVet
01-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Hi everyone! I'm going to attempt to get all caught up on this thread :)

Most Recent NSV: I no longer need my asthma inhaler to get through my runs!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I'd love to get to 170 which is a loss of 13 pounds
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie counting, healthier food choices, and running. I saw this thing on TV today that Dr. Oz is doing for free on his website. It's an 11 week program that sounds pretty do-able. I'm gonna check it out.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: This week is a little shaky, but once I move in I should be on track to make a plan and stick to it. I have to be sure I make time for exercise once I start getting busy with school again.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm just a chubby vet student trying to find balance and get healthy.

KimL1214 ~ I'm sorry to hear about your Grandfather and friend. Sending prayers and hugs your way. Maybe you could try pre-packing a little snack bag with some healthy stuff in it and just grab and go when you get the call for court?

oOPeanutOo ~ Congrats on the Tshirt fit, I know that felt awesome!! Guitar sounds like a great distraction.
southernbelle102 ~ Wow. I'm impressed with how far you have already come! Keep up the great work!

Transporter ~ Fried food is one of my favorites, too.

JLNichols07 ~ I'm the same way with balancing school. It always seems to take over my life!

iiholly ~ I started the New Year pretty hungover as well!

jazzang ~ I'm working toward running a half one day. That's an awesome accomplishment!

peachykeen62 ~ Good job at the Mexican restaurant. That's one of my biggest weaknesses!

kalikat003 ~ Alcohol is a big one for me, too. The calories from the drinks, plus the way I eat when I've been drinking.

ferretgirl ~ You are so close to goal! How exciting. Keep up the great work!

Woohoo, PINK SILK!!

JLNichols07
01-03-2011, 08:41 PM

I don't have any NY Resolutions. I found that everytime I set one in my mind ...I always go against it somehow. LOL

IslandVet
01-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Monday Question ~ Welcome to 2011!!! Have you made any New Years Resolutions? What are they? Any non-weight related resolutions?

Of course the standard, "get healthy, lose weight" goal. I've been running off and on for a while now and am starting to finally build up some distance and stamina. Once it warms up a bit, I would like to run a few 5Ks and work my way up to a half-marathon. I'd also like to work up to having my dog go on runs with me.

girlonfire
01-04-2011, 01:00 AM
Kim- I've always had good success losing weight doing the elliptical, so I'm going to do 30 min elliptical for a few weeks, add 15 minutes bike or rowing (alternate) and then start doing C25K once I get my physical fitness up a little bit! And GOODNESS Mexican restaurants are hard! It took me awhile to figure out something I could eat :).

jazzang
01-04-2011, 02:34 AM
peanut - i broke my foot when i got it stomped on in a soccer game by a big guy in cleats. NOT COOL!!!!!

kim - thanks! i think anyone can do a half, you just have to prepare for it :)

island - you sound like you are a runner or at least a runner in the making. i looooove running :) i'm looking to do a couple other races this year aside from the half in april. 5K is my favorite distance to race, but i like 10K too. Half is hard but an awesome accomplishment. perhaps someday i'll run a full marathon. i think at that point its not good for you anymore though, so we'll see.

southernbelle102
01-04-2011, 03:58 AM
My resolutions are to stick with my weight loss journey and to work on getting healthy : mind, body and spirit this year. There are a lot of personal goals I hope to reach this year as well.. some little and some big.

This has been a STRESSFUL month for me. I have had a lot on my mind and lots has been going on. I need a break! I am hoping that once we get farther into January things will start to calm down a bit and I can get some stress relief. The funny thing is that this is really the first time that I've noticed that by being healthy with my eating I have taken away my biggest coping mechanism (food). When things got stressful in the past, I either binged, binged and purged or restricted as a way of getting away from the stress. Now that I don't have those vices I am having to deal with my stress and emotions in a whole new way... its no fun :(. However, I am proud to say that I have been very strong in my resolve to stay on plan and continue to get healthy. It really does feel great knowing that I am doing something that is so good for myself.

I am really looking forward to all that 2011 has to offer. I have a feeling it is going to be a very good year (regardless of the stress :) )

KimL1214
01-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Hey ladies! Fly by post... I'll catch up with personals later...

Here's a banner is anyone wants to put it in their sigs...

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/kiml121483/3FC%20Winter%20Challenge/PinkSilkBanner2.jpg

Just click the picture symbol and enter this link...

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/kiml121483/3FC%20Winter%20Challenge/PinkSilkBanner2.jpg

Tuesday... YAY!!!

Matilda08
01-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Happy new year team!!!! This is my first time logging in since last thursday so im a little behind. But wishing you all the best of luck.

ferretgirl
01-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Most Recent NSV: I assume this means small victory? (what does this mean?)

Cheyenne, a NSV is a Non-Scale Victory (most I've seen are clothing or health-related, like if something fits now or if something is physically easier now). P.S. Yay- another animal lover!! We should all post pics of our pets ;)

Pretty banner, Kim! Thanks!! P.S. I'd keep almonds, water and protein bars in the car for those trips. Best bets for gas stations would be water and almonds- unsalted if possible or you can rub/switch them in-between hands (like dry-washing them) a few times to rub off some of the salt. Some of the protein bars are ok for holding you over. Special K bars don't seem too bad (most gas stations have 'em); you can pick a snack-sized bar (100 cal) or a protein meal bar (180 cal).

iiholly: That having to hang out with an ex sounds kinda awkward.. hopefully not too unpleasant. Small town here too- your comment reminded me of high school/Dawson's Creek, lol :)

Thank you, IslandVet. I remember seeing your exercise log from last challenge.. cool!! I bet we both do those weekly challenges :D

southernbelle: Have you found alternatives to eating when you're feeling stressed? That's a toughie for me too. Working out to burn off stress works, but sometimes we can't do it at that moment we want to.. I heard/read somewhere to write a list of things to do... alternatives to eating.. they may have been refering to boredom, but still emotional eating. I know that a 1-5 min jog/jump rope/walk is a good distraction (go walk around the block or check the mail instead of standing there frustrated). Holding/petting an animal, reading a chapter or listening to music helps. There's some of my ideas.. let's hear some of yours'. Putting them into action is another thing, but we can start by brainstorming ;)

Hi, Matilda!! Welcome to the team :D Here's the Intro, if you wanna fill it out:

Most Recent NSV:
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome:

Hope everyone's having a good week so far :)

armygirl808
01-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Most Recent NSV: None yet :(
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 10 pounds
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie Counting, low carbs, fruits, veggies, portion control, exercise
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Chocolate and snacking!

Matilda08
01-04-2011, 01:56 PM
I would def like to make it into the two teens during this challenge!!!!

GreenTeaYum
01-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Go Team Pink Silk!!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Most Recent NSV: My workpants are starting to become so loose that they are sliding right off of me. Well... before the holidays hit, now I'm back up about 5 lbs :\
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 10-15 lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Get moving everyday. I'm going to start out slow at 4x a week and work up to 20-45min of exercise everyday.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: My eating habits have been horrible. There's been junk food around for over a month now and it's time to toss out the fudge and cookies that are laying around. Here's to real food!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm super excited to start this challenge- it's a huge motivator being held accountable by my team. :)

oOPeanutOo
01-05-2011, 06:51 AM
homiegiiib Ė ďTo not let food have control over meĒ... I think that is one of the biggest things that we all struggle with.

peachykeen62 Ė The last BL challenge taught me about the importance of mini-goals and the encouragement you get here gives you that extra push you need. Do you have a mini goal in mind at the moment?

KimL Ė Iím so sorry to hear that your Grandfather is back in hospital. I know itís really hard to watch someone you love go through that but Iím sure your Grandfather is appreciative of the fact that youíre there to support him. It really sucks about your friend!! Try not to be so hard on yourself when it comes to the gas station food. This type of situation doesnít arise every day so you can only do your best to get through it.

kalikat003 Ė Liquid calories are the devil.. Haha. Itís hard to pass up that extra drink when youíre having a good time with friends.

JLNichols07 Ė Even after your explanation of what you were studying I still had to put Google to use. Iím hopeless!!

ferretgirl Ė HEYYYYYYYYY!!!!! How was your Christmas? Did your little one get everything on the wish list?

Transporter Ė Haha, ďSneaky deliciousnessĒ indeed. I used to add croutons to Salad that normally wouldnít have them as a part of it. I liked the crunch I guess.

Cheyenne Ė Welcome!! Iíve never heard of a Sugar Glider before... Are they easy to take care of?

IslandVet Ė Did you check out that program by Dr. Oz?? Is it a winner or do you need a new plan?

jazzing Ė Not cool at all. Have you managed to stay on track with No Alcohol for the month. I know weíre only a couple of days in but still.

southernbelle Ė Even in the face of so much stress you still manage to get the job done. AMAZING!!

Matilda08 Ė You can so make it into the two teens!!

armygirl08 Ė Chocolate is a huge downfall of mine as well. I canít keep much of it around the house because I know Iíd go to town on it.

GreenTeaYum Ė Iím sure those workpants will be back to falling off in no time... as soon as the fudge and cookies are gone that is!!

The last couple of days have been super hectic for me. Iím back at work and trying to get on top of everything again but it just seems like Iím chasing my tail. By the time I get home Iím absolutely exhausted so I havenít been making the best decisions food wise as Iím going for the Ďeasy optionsí. I plan on stocking up on some Lean Cuisine on the way home from work tomorrow. Hopefully that will take some of the pressure off on nights where I just want to fall into bed.

JLNichols07
01-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Woke up this morning feeling extra cold. We are due for some snow tomorrow AGAIN. I'm so sick of the snow..I'll just be happy when the weather is back to being warm so I can go walking outside again :) until then I will continue to do the at-home workout videos. I'm thinking about checking into a gym membership but we will see how that goes. I feel like I need some extra help with my stomach..I know it's never going to be normal looking because I've had 2 kids but I just want it to look okay enough for me to wear a tankini atleasttt---Anyone else have any problems with there stomach area?

Matilda08
01-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Morning team. I wi at 226.6 still trying to shake the extra holiday lbs and get back to my low.

JL- I also am a mother of two and my tummy looks flat but it isnt. I think once you make goal and work on toning things will fall into place. Also cut out sweets as much as possible.

Peanut- as long as you have some plan, you can work it!

KimL1214
01-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Matilda08~ Holidays definitely kicked my butt this year too!!!

JLNichols07~ I've managed to only have diet soda so far! I can't stand the taste of it, so I think I'll be able to get rid of it soon!

oOPeanutOo~ I am a pasta freak and I LOVE the Lean Cuisine pasta meals! Unfortunately my grandfather is still in the denial stage and views my mother and I as the evil b*tches that are keeping him from going home... hopefully he starts to be more positive soon, cuz I really don't want him to go out like this.

GreenTeaYum~ The junk food has definitely been in huge supply this year!

armygirl808~ Portion control is a big one! Are you using food scales or any other strategy to help you out?

ferretgirl~ Special K bars are pretty good! The problem has been the munching because it is suck a long trip. I was thinking about picking up some life savers.

southernbelle102~ 2011 is going to kick butt! You have been so amazing through the last few challenges and I am excited to see what you can do!

jazzang~ I'm actually a big 5K fan too! I just need to get some of this weight off before I can start running again. I'm trying to get rid of alcohol as well!

peachykeen62~ I love the elliptical!!! I've done C25K before too and had a lot of success.

IslandVet~ I wish I could take my parents husky with me running, but I know she would make me do a face plant as she only has one speed... lightning fast.

kalikat003~ Alcohol is a big one for me too, at least once a weekend, so I'll be interested to see what happens when I cut it out. I'm trying to cut out soda this year too!!!

Rtsmme4life~ 4 & 6, I bet your house is crazy!

Transporter~ Thank you! I know what you mean about salads being a gross choice at some restaurants. I know that some restaurant put so much stuff in their salads, that it actually becomes just as bad, if not worse, then an order of fries. I've tried asking them to not include those fattening things, only to find out that most of the salads are pre-made... We pre-make our salads at the restaurant I work at , but we add fattening stuff as ordered, so they're semi healthy to start (although our light dressings are all gross).

Cheyenne~ 3 cats, 2 dogs here!!!

Anyone I missed~ HI!!!

Wednesday Question~ What's the weather like where you are today? How do you get in your workouts when the weather stinks?

We just got another 4 inches of snow last night (which I'm psyched for!!!) and are looking at getting more over the next few days. I'm currently trying to get myself back into a pattern of going to the gym, so that will be my icky weather workout area!

I'm psyched for my lunch today as I made some grilled protabello mushrooms with a little bit of light pesto and light mozzarella cheese to go over some homemade vegi sauce on fiber enriched pasta. Mouth full...

Grandpa has been extra cranky and blaming my mother and I for why he is in the hospital. He has colon cancer... how is that our fault? We've agreed that he is still in the denial stage and are hoping that he comes to the acceptance stage soon as he could pass away anytime and we really want him to be in a better place before he does...

Co-worker, who does nothing, is complaining about my being on the computer right now, so I need to head out. Love hypocrites... especially since I'm on my break right now. Ugh... I'll try to get on later tonight, Happy "Hump" Day everyone :o !!!

southernbelle102
01-05-2011, 02:15 PM
ferret - No I haven't really found that many alternatives. I guess that is why I am living with a stress headache right now :(. I try journaling, reading etc and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I will definitely do some brainstorming soon... :)

Thanks everyone for the supportive and encouraging words!

shasha12
01-05-2011, 02:27 PM
HI EVERYONE!! i’m so sorry i haven’t properly introduced myself! i’m sick and have very little energy! eating clean though, so hopefully the lack of exercise doesn’t mess up my weigh in!

I’m excited for this challenge and to get to know all of you!

JLNichols07
01-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Wednesday Question~ What's the weather like where you are today? How do you get in your workouts when the weather stinks?

The weather today is freezing cold & cloudy! I do most of my workouts in the house so it doesn't really affect me what the weather is doing outside! lol

southernbelle102
01-05-2011, 07:10 PM
It has been i the upper 60s all day. It has been pretty yucky and rainy outside for most of the day though. I don't usually work out outside anyway do it doesn't really affect me much when the weather is bad.

iiholly
01-05-2011, 07:30 PM
JL: I haven't had kids but it has always been a trouble area for me. Even when I played sports and was active all the time in high school. I don't know, it is hard for females especially to get that perfect super model tummy.

Cold weather is a bummer, especially this time of year. Beginning a new semester... adding up loans and trying to figure out how I'm going to buy all my books. Amazon and half.com used to help some but it seems shipping has gone up a lot, or maybe it is just in my head. Also, there is always the matter if they are going to arrive on time. Luckily, I think I'm one of the few students who actually know how to use our library. I've been broke a couple semesters and had to check out all the books from the library, but I like having the books I'm learning about so I can mark the **** out of them. It makes it easier for me to write papers.

Anyone else getting ready to start-up a new semester?

P.S. I apologize in advance for typos and grammatical errors. You would think as a student of english and journalism I'd better at catching such things but I'm simply not. I don't know if it is a minor form of dyslexia or that my brain moves faster than I type. Prolly both.

southernbelle102
01-05-2011, 07:45 PM
What are your go - to foods and the foods that you find help you stay on plan?

Before I list mine I must put a disclaimer that I know that I don't have the most healthy and balanced diet right now and I know that a lot of my choices processed and are horribly high in sodium. :^: As I get closer to my goal weight, I will tweak and adjust my foods a lot to a more natural, healthy and balanced diet. Since I have had so much to lose, I have just had to stick to the things that make me ok with sticking to such a strict calorie count. I eat tons of protein so that helps me stay full even though I do have some carbs and "wasted" calories in my diet.

Here are the things I have found that help me stay on my diet:
Morning star soy chick patties (140 cals and very filling), beef jerky (has tons of protein for a pretty small amount of calories), the member's mark chicken sausages (you can find at Sams 120 cals and very filling... love these!!), Mesquite roasted chicken breasts (sams), canned soup (healthy request... I love the Chicken sausage gumbo one), eggs, chicken breast, kashi bars, turkey hotdogs, lots of veggies and fruits, lean cuisines (love the pizzas), easy mac (I know this isn't the best option at all but it helps curb those carb cravings), Chick fil a chargrilled chicken sandwiches (290 cals), Burger king whopper jr with no mayo (260 cals) protein bars (200 cals with 20 g protein or 310 cals with 32 g protein) skinny-cow ice cream treats, etc.

I have tons of people ask me for diet tips and what I eat and I am too embarrassed to tell them most times. I just say that I vary it every day (which is true) without telling them foods. I know that I have a long way to go with making my diet a balanced and healthy one but this is working for me right now. And, it is a diet I could eat forever even though I know I wont because I would like to add the healthier whole food options and will need to add in more calories to maintain.

Let me know what your go to foods are or the foods you have found that help you a lot (low cal but filling etc.).

iiholly
01-05-2011, 09:07 PM
I eat lots of vegetables with every meal to help fill me up. I don't count calories on veggies or fruit... that just seems silly. Especially considering I can only afford so many veggies and fruit anyways. I like making chop salads just dicing a bunch of vegetables then throwing on a light dressing. It is delicious.

A snack that I make when I crave pizza is a "stromboli". It is two tortillas with pizza sauce and a little bit of cheese. Not that good for ya, but it is better than the average slice of pizza. I scant on cheese to try to justify it and use low-fat.

Mini-wheats are golden as far as filling goes. They have a decent amount of calories but lots of fiber and nutrients to go with the calories.

For desserts I always have popsicles to fight against the sweet tooth. It doesn't have the fat that other desserts do, just the sugar. They have sugar free but meh... most of them are only 60 calories anyways.

Otherwise I just go day by day. We're on a food budget though, but we tend to just shop on the outside of the grocery isles to avoid too much processed junk.

PASTA is my main downfall. I grew up eating sgetti all the time. My ma would make a huge batch on sunday then we'd eat it through out the week when she didn't get around to making dinner. Soo I'm a bit of a pasta addict. This apparently isn't all that great for you. But at this point I try to just eat a lot of tomato sauce with it and only have a couple noodles then have a big salad with it.

All of this had made me hungry. :D

Rtsmme4life
01-05-2011, 09:32 PM
The weather here was sooooo cold and just not a day you feel like doing anything. Luckily I have a treadmill in the house so the weather doesn't matter much...except if I have to go out in it lol

LauraLovesWeims
01-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Age: 28 (I actually had to think about that for a second...)

Most Recent NSV: I was pulling things out of my closet to donate to Goodwill last week and came across that pile of old dresses in the back of the closet from weddings and high school dances. I found a dress from my freshman year of high school, a size 14 from 15 years ago. I was curious as I'm in about a size 12 right now. It actually fit!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I'd like to get into the 150's so... 16lbs

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Trying to get lots of exercise in now that the holidays are over and things have slowed down a little.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: One big challenge - VACATION. My husband and I are going to an all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic for my sister-in-law's wedding in less than 3 weeks. No scale and no constant internet access to look up calories... As someone who weighs daily, being without a scale for a whole week scares me a little. At least I'll have time to exercise.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I started this journey last April. My biggest motivation has been knowing that we'll be trying to get pregnant sometime this year.

Transporter
01-06-2011, 12:32 AM
oOPeanutOo: I love the crunch it adds.. but when i can avoid them, i try to.. when i was looking at croutons in the supermarket, a serving size is 6 and is 30 calories, i definitely know there will be more than 6 croutons in a salad in a restaurant.
KimL1214 I feel like such a jerk when i order salads at restaurants cause im like okay.. i dont want this, that, or that, or that, and i dont want that dressing, i want that dressing, oh and dont forget to put the dressing on the side lol
JLNichols07 I like going to the gym when its cold, leave the gym feeling warm, plus the gym has a sauna so that helps :P

On a side note.. today is actually my first day on the challenge, aka, watching what my intake is!, i got my butt to the gym and did half an hour cardio when all i really wanted to do was nothing, haha so i guess thats good.

KimL1214
01-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Transporter~ Congrats on getting to the gym and watching your food!!!

LauraLovesWeims~ That's really cool that your dress fit! You definitely do have a challenge with that wedding coming up. Make sure to not worry about it too much and have some fun!

Rtsmme4life~ How often do you use your treadmill? I can't wait until I have my own pace cuz I want to get an elliptical and put it right in front of the TV, so the only way I can watch it is if I'm on the elliptical!

iiholly~ Shopping the outside of the aisles is the way to shop! Pasta is my addiction as well! I've switched over to eating Smart Taste Pasta, which has a lot more fiber in it than normal pasta and still tastes great.

southernbelle102~ My biggest go-to food lately has been portabella mushrooms. 2 Portabella caps, grilled, with some light pesto or light cheese melted inside, on top of a little bit of pasta or with some rice = a really filling, good meal. From the foods you've listed, I'd say you're doing pretty good!

JLNichols07~ Do you do a lot of workout videos or use a machine?

shasha12~ :hug: Hope you feel better soon!

Thursday Question~ When do you argue with yourself? When you're thinking about making a bad choice, about to make a bad choice, or once you already have?

Honestly, all three for me. Sometimes I'm successful at convincing myself not to take the extra bite of food, or sneak a snack, sometimes I talk myself out of eating ALL the evil food I've already started indulging in, and other times, I just yell at myself after I have already skipped a workout or eaten something I shouldn't have. I thought of this question last night, when I was yelling at myself for eating roughly half a cup of pasta at 10PM. I didn't need it, not sure why I ate it, and was pretty annoyed with myself for eating it... I have to remember to stop impulsively eating. When I get an impulse to eat, I need to grab some water and wait a bit. Chances are I'm either bored or thirsty...

My daily schedule is going to be changing soon, which was something I was frustrated about yesterday as it means I can no longer eat lunch with my colleagues, but have to eat on my own and sit with the kiddos during their lunch time. While I was definitely annoyed at first, I've decided to see if I can put a positive spin on it. I'm going to push back my morning break to combine with my lunch, giving me 60 minutes, during which I will either walk or go to the gym. Since I have to sit with the kids during their lunch, I'll just wait and eat my lunch with them. Something tells me this is going to tick some people off, but they switched my lunch around, so unless the want to switch it back, they need to deal...

Can't wait for FRIDAY!!! Almost there!!!

Matilda08
01-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Kim- I think we are to get some snow this weekend as well. I dont really mind the snow but when its over five inches it can be nerve recking lol

Southernbell- give yourself a huge pat on the back you have done a great job!!!! 100 plus lbs lost is freaking amazing!

Shasha- welcome!

JL- its very cold in NJ today but winter is like my favorite time of year lol

iiholly- I start school on the 19th my major is liberal arts I attend a community college I play to transfer and get my accounting degree.

hello everyone is and welcome to new chatters!

I am down 224.6 from 226 hoping to have a great week!!

ferretgirl
01-06-2011, 02:04 PM
peanut: I think Kiddo got most of what he wanted (mostly car racing video games and toy cars). P.S. You're not alone in the 'easy-options' foods. I've switched back to protein bars some mornings (quicker/grab-n-go). As long as they are still better food choices ;)

JLNichols07: You're not alone in stomach-area issues. My "lower belly" sticks out even though I've lost what I figured is enough weight. I guess we work off the fat first, then try to tone/sculpt. My "solution" (guess we'll see if it works) will be to drop another 5lbs, then switch my focus from cardio to toning (ab/hip/lower-body) workouts (probably will have crunches/lunges/planks/squats involved).

Uh, yesterday was cold (for me, who prefers 70+ degrees, lol). Been wearing long sleeves, sweater and jacket to cope. My dvd/video game workouts are in the living room now, so that keeps me warm/dry.

southernbelle (and anyone else): I read an article that listed "10 mind-and-body saving tips (http://www.stylelist.com/2011/01/03/post-holiday-stress/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk3%7C193783)" (easy stress-relief ideas, in case anyone can use 'em).

What are your go - to foods and the foods that you find help you stay on plan?
Breakfasts: Special K protein bars (for breakfast or heavy snack/light meal, goes great with reduced fat coffee). 1/2 c. granola and 1/2 c. fresh berries with 6 oz greek yogert or 2% milk.
Snacks: Fruits and nuts (fav snacks) like almonds, cashews, apples, grapes. Sometimes a "healthy" trail mix (the kind with almonds, raisins, soybeans, no candy/candy-coated). Smartpop! popcorn (100 cal per mini-bag serving).
Lunch/Dinner: Grilled Chicken and Fish (main protein sources) and microwave-steam veggies (preseasoned/prepacked- 2 serving bags, from grocery or walmart). Brown rice (microwave-steam bag- 2 servings). A filling lunch would include 1 meat, 1 veggie, 1 rice or 1 meat and 2 veggies.

Laura: Congrats on your NSV!! Those are always a triumphant "cool!" moment :)

Thursday Question~ When do you argue with yourself? When you're thinking about making a bad choice, about to make a bad choice, or once you already have?
For me, it starts as an inner debate (Should I eat this or this? Why/why not? Do I really need this? Am I really hungry?), then goes to warning myself (I shouldn't eat this. This will set me back. The taste isn't worth the lbs.) After the "bad" choice is made, I'm kind of mad at myself for not resisting (usually fast food or late-night food). I stay up late and have been letting myself eat if I'll be up at least another 30 min, but yesterday I made a not-good choice too- RIGHT before bed grabbed a handful of grapes to eat (not too bad, but not good right before bed and really not good after having 6 c popcorn and 6-8 oz soda during a night-time movie). Wish I would've had Smartpop popcorn stocked, since it would've been pre-measured and non-buttered (instead of the majority of a regular sized, microwave butter popcorn). After the inner "You shouldn't eat that", then its "You shouldn't have eaten that/told you so" until I burn off the extra lb from poor eating (I did do my 50 min of exercise yesterday, but as another member posted "You can't out-exercise poor diet"). Hmm. I agree.

shasha12
01-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Hi all!! Finally got some energy back! Still taking it easy though. Hereís my info :)

Most Recent NSV: I bought this black tube dress a yr and a half ago, but i didnít want to wear it bc i felt lumpy. I broke it out for new yearís eve and actually felt really good in it! yay!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I started at 149.2, but most of that was water weight from NYE weekend. I was weighing in at 146 before the weekend, and Iím down today too. So I want to hit 140 for this challenge.

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: 1500cals. Weight training 2x a week, cardio 4x a week, and yoga-type stretching 5x a week. Also, Iíve been injured, but Iím getting better, so Iím thinking of starting couch 2 5k next week.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: OK, i have a really hard time staying on plan when special occasions arise, or when my routine gets thrown off AT ALL. I also have a hard time when my friends or boyfriend want to hang out and have some drinks, bc i feel left out of the fun! I am going home for a visit the second weekend of February (end-of-challenge weekend), and I have to face both of those challenges the entire weekend. Itís going to be so hard! But I really do need to learn how to maintain when stuff like this pops up. I also need to learn how to hang out with people who are drinking, have a drink or 2, and not go overboard.

Also, because Iíve been working at losing the weight for so long, I get really excited for my planned cheats. I ALWAYS go waaaay off plan and it ends up not being fun bc i get toooo full/drunk. Itís a mental thing but I need to work on it.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Iím an actress :D

aaaand since I havenít been around...

Wednesday Question~ What's the weather like where you are today? How do you get in your workouts when the weather stinks? The weather here is beautiful! Crisp but not too cold. But of course, Iíve been stuck inside being sick. Haha. Weather doesnít mess me up too badly, bc I meet my trainer at the gym, or stay in and do a video.

Thursday Question~ When do you argue with yourself? When you're thinking about making a bad choice, about to make a bad choice, or once you already have? I definitely beat myself up a little after making a bad choice. I give in to bad decisions waaay too easily. Itís something I need to work on =/

kim, thanks iím feeling much better today!

Matilda, thanks for the welcome ;) congrats on your low!

ferretgirl, thanks for that article on stress! thatís going to be very helpful for me. iíve been thinking about trying to learn how to meditate bc i stress pretty hard sometimes. thanks!

Transporter
01-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Well i have fever sore throat and an ugly headache... and i had some ice cream :mad:
As i reached for the ice cream i figured its okay since i have fever then i instantly regretted it after having a few bites :(

southernbelle102
01-07-2011, 04:00 AM
Ferret - Thanks for that link. Those are most of the things I try to do but I need to try harder to focus on doing those stress relieving activities. I am going to bookmark that site :)

Kim - that sounds really yummy. I think I am going to go get some mushrooms and low fat cheese tomorrow. My normal stuffed mushroom recipe includes breadcrumbs, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and sometimes crab or another meat. It actually isn't that bad for you because I cut up the mushroom stems and put them in the filling and they take up a lot of the room. However, if I cut out the meat, parmesan and breadcrumbs and just sprinkle some seasoning on the mushroom stems mixed with a little low fat mozzarella and stuff the caps with that, I think that would make a really low cal tasty snack :) I love portabella caps just grilled with nothing on them too.

veggies seem to be a common filler for a lot of us... thats good :)

Matilda - Thanks for the support!

For todays question, my answer is a little of all 3. Now, I find that I do more of the arguing when I am thinking of making a bad choice. In the past, a lot more of the time I did the arguing after I had made the choice. I guess thats a good and more healthy shift.

oOPeanutOo
01-07-2011, 07:23 AM
JLNichols07 – Yes, I have the stomach problems as well. I haven’t had any kids but have been severely overweight my entire life so I’m not expecting it to improve.

Kim – I’m right there with you on the pasta. All of the Lean Cuisine meals I picked up were some kind of pasta. I think your Grandfather is like everyone else who ends up in hospital & doesn’t want to be there. My Dad was the same way before he passed away. Hated being in hospital but deep down he knew it was for the best. Has anyone complained about you moving your break yet? Make sure you tell them to shove it if they do :)

shasha12 – Are you feeling any better today?

southernbelle – My go-to foods at the moment include; Weight Watchers Bars, Special K Bars, Bananas, Rice Crackers, Homemade Pizza, Granola, Oatmeal & Laughing Cow Cheese. Don’t feel like you need to be embarrassed at all. You said it perfectly, what you are doing is working so stick with it!

LauraLovesWeims – Congrats on having the dress fit! That must have felt awesome.

Transporter – Are you back on plan today? How’s the headache & sore throat?

ferretgirl – When is your latest video game/dvd review coming out ;)

Hey to anyone I missed.. I’m a bit tired so probably missed more than one post.

I’m a little bit behind on the weekly questions...
Wednesday Question~ What's the weather like where you are today? We’re in Summer at the moment and it’s around the 35degree Celsius mark at the moment (95F). I’m not a fan of the hot weather on the best of days and today is no exception. It’s never snowed in my home town before. I’m a little bit jealous of everyone who has it blanketing their houses at the moment.

Thursday Question~ When do you argue with yourself? When you're thinking about making a bad choice, about to make a bad choice, or once you already have? I usually only argue with myself after I’ve made the bad choice. If I go off my plan (which is happening a lot lately) I own it. A lot of the time my bad choices are made because I’m tired but I’m fully aware of what I’m doing at the time. I’m not perfect and am going to have many ups and downs on this journey. As long as I keep going that’s all I can ask of myself.

katylil
01-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi ladies!
Sorrysorrysorry for being so late on this!!!!! My parents and siblings came over from Spain to spend the holidays here and we've been travelling round the country visiting family so I haven't had access to the internet to post my SW or get on here to chat to you guys!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas/New Year :) I'm excited to start this Challenge and lose those horrible 7lbs I've gained from eating so much beautiful Christmas food!!

Most Recent NSV: Going shopping with my sister and fitting/buying everything in a size 10 and under!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I'd like to lose 10lbs and be down to 144lbs (65kg)
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Lots of soup, veggies, chicken and fish. Porridge in the mornings. Fruit for snacks. LOTS of water. Cut down on alcohol. Start running 3 times a week again.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or planning to Overcome: The cutting down alcohol is going to be my hardest challenge I think, because I go out a lot...but I can do it. I know I can!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm a Musical Theatre student at university and want to be a professional actress so losing this weight is very important to me. I know I can do it. I just need to push myself! :)

Matilda08
01-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Happy friday everyone!!!!! Hope you guy stay on plan over the weekend and good luck at WI!

shasha12
01-07-2011, 02:31 PM
happy friday all :)

katylil, welcome friend!! how was your holiday?

peanut, feeling better yes, thank you! still not 100% though, i don’t know what’s going on wit me! btw, i’ve always wanted to go to australia. seems so laid back and cool haha

transporter, i’m so sorry you’re feeling sick! and it’s true... you think the ice cream (or biscuits, pizza, cheetos, etc in my case) is going to make you feel better, and you just regret the decision and feel lousy afterwards. eww. sorry hum :hug: feel better soon!

matilda, thanks for the positivity! good luck to you at WI too

i hate being sick. i don’t guard my health well enough. my friend was sick all weekend, and instead of staying away from him like a sane person, i drank water from his water bottle. thinking, eh no big deal. now i know better, bc what was a slight cold for him is a debilitating cold for me that has kept me home and out of the gym. ugh ugh ugh!

JLNichols07
01-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Kim: I'm sorry about your grandad and really hope he comes around soon.

SouthernBelle: Awesome for the 60's but rainy and yucky? eww. I wish it would get up to the 60's here I'm sick of the 20's and 30s!

iiHolly: I know I'll never have a perfect stomach but is it too much to want a flat half way decent stomach...LOL. And I'm really not familiar with what extra skin is but I don't know if its extra skin on my belly or just fat. And have you tried www.whywaitforbooks.com ..thats where I get my school books at!

Transporter: Yay for getting the cardio in!

Ferret: Let me know how losing that extra 5 lbs helps your belly out. I hope one day to look in the mirror and be able to say i have an "OK" stomach lol.

Sorry if I didn't get to everyone! It's snowing here and cold! And the snow is a wet yucky snow so BOOO--Oh well!
I use to argue once I had already made the bad choice but I have gotten better and now I argue before making the bad choice and I'm usually pretty good at talking myself out of making the bad choice.

Ok well I'm done. :) Hope everyone has a great day!

ferretgirl
01-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Hope everyone has a good weekend :D Weigh-ins in 2 more days..

Peanut: I've been mostly doing Zumba on Kinect since my last update. Barefoot on carpet makes the quick turns harder, but still a great workout :D I'm considering getting The Biggest Loser Challenge game next, but I wanna do ALL of the zumba workouts first (haven't even touched the advanced workouts yet). Party Mode checks off the workouts you complete, so this week I did 20-min Beginner Workouts 1 & 2, 20-min Intermediate Workouts 1 & 2 and 45-min Intermediate Workout 1 (there's still more Intermediate and Advanced Workouts that I haven't tried yet) ;)

Between Zumba and jump rope this week, my calves are sore and my feet hurt! I probably need better shoes for absorbing impact. We'll see what next week's challenges are... I may just do the zumba game, but really should get in some toning with my cardio. I bet that Biggest Loser game would help with that, since its a real exercise game (reviewed by 3FC'ers on another thread).

shasha12
01-07-2011, 09:27 PM
ferretgirl, what’s zumba like?? i love dancing, so i’m curious... is it cardio moves or dance moves? i have a wii, and i think there’s zumba for wii, but not sure if i’d need the wii fit or not.

southernbelle102
01-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Kim - you inspired me to cook with portabella mushrooms tonight.

I took 7 oz of sliced portabella caps (49 cals) and sauteed them using some of the no calorie pam olive oil cooking spray. I seasoned them with salt, pepper and garlic powder and sauteed them until they were tender. I then put 1/4 cup of 2% shredded mozzarella on it and let that melt (70 cals). I toasted a slice of (40 calorie) bread in the oven then put a few tablespoons of spaghetti sauce on the piece of bread (25 cals). I put the mushrooms covered with cheese on top of that and ate it like a pizza. It was GOOD and extremely filling! The total calorie count for the entire "pizza sandwich thing" was (184 calories)

Yummy!!

ps. when sauteing the mushrooms, I added some water to the pan since I wasn't using real oil. It needed some extra moisture to cook well.

Transporter
01-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Transporter Ė Are you back on plan today? Howís the headache & sore throat?
Most definitely am! :carrot:

Good luck on WI oOPeanutOo
[FONT="Century Gothic"]

Transporter: Yay for getting the cardio in!
[/COLOR]
:D:o:carrot:

[QUOTE=shasha12;3639300]

transporter, iím so sorry youíre feeling sick! and itís true... you think the ice cream (or biscuits, pizza, cheetos, etc in my case) is going to make you feel better, and you just regret the decision and feel lousy afterwards. eww. sorry hum :hug: feel better soon!
i hate being sick. i donít guard my health well enough. my friend was sick all weekend, and instead of staying away from him like a sane person, i drank water from his water bottle. thinking, eh no big deal. now i know better, bc what was a slight cold for him is a debilitating cold for me that has kept me home and out of the gym. ugh ugh ugh!
:(:( Get well ASAP!!! and dont make the mistake i did :o
But i'm same way if im around somebody with a cold i always think i wont get it.. proved me wrong.

southernbelle102
01-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Peanut -- how do you make your homemade pizzas? What do you put on them?

oOPeanutOo
01-08-2011, 06:27 AM
katylil Ė Hi :) If my family came to visit Iíd be spending time away from the computer as well.

shasha12 Ė Itís good to hear that youíre on the mend. Iím totally biased but yes, all the cool kids hang out in Australia!

ferretgirl Ė I really have to get myself a Kinect. You always make it seem like so much fun instead of work.

southernbelle Ė Generally my Pizzaís are made with a tomato sauce layer (I mix garlic, tomato paste, tomato sauce, oregano & basil together), low fat cheese, smoked ham, pineapple, red onion and capsicum. I switch the bases between Pita Bread, English Muffins and small pre made Pizza bases. When I make them with the regular Pizza Bases they come out at just under 500 calories. Other variations (with different calorie counts) include a simple Margherita style with tomato sauce, bocconcini & fresh basil; one with Roasted capsicum, Red Onion, Mushroom & grilled eggplant; and one with just a small layer of basil pesto, roast pumpkin and bocconcini.

katylil
01-08-2011, 07:20 AM
katylil, welcome friend!! how was your holiday?

It was excellent thanks Shasha! :) I hadn't seen my family for four months so it was great to catch up and spend some time with them. Getting to see most of my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents was an extra added bonus! Unfortunately it means that loads of beautiful food was on offer (I swear my mum's side of the family could all be professional chefs...) and hello weight gain...but I'm working on it! :)
Hope you feel better soon!

Kim - really sorry about your grandad. It's a horrible situation to be in. Hope you're OK :(

Peanut - those pizzas sound AMAZING! Definitely going to try that roasted eggplant one out soon! :)

Southernbelle - those mushrooms sound fantastic. I'm not the most inventive of cooks which is partly why I love 3FC, it gives me inspiration. And I'l ldefinitely be trying that one out! :)

In a way, it's nice to be back at uni and get back into routine. I had porridge (made with water) with sweetener and sultanas and a cup of tea for breakfast, then I'm planning on having soup and a half a can of tuna on crackers for lunch and doing fish and vegetables for dinner. And I've got some crackers and extra light philadelphia if I want a snack (haven't done my shopping for the week yet, so I'm low on fruit!)

Might go for a long walk by the seafront later as well :)

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

LauraLovesWeims
01-08-2011, 12:04 PM
IslandVet: Running with your dog sounds fun. I'd like to be able to do that eventually. I'm just not sure my dogs will appreciate that. I have a weimaraner and a dachshund. I don't really see our little dachshund doing much running, and I think our weim would prefer to be napping on the couch...

Southernbelle: The mushroom pizza you made sounds fantastic!

I hope everyone is doing well. Weigh in is tomorrow! It's keeping me on track today and is a really good reason to not touch the leftover chocolates in my office. I'm stuck here by myself today.

I went out clothes shopping Thursday night and all day yesterday. It is not easy to find shorts and swimsuits in the middle of winter. Thursday night was bad. I was trying on swimsuits and just felt like a whale. I went home and just wanted to go to bed. My husband talked me into working out though - glad he did. Yesterday was much more successful. I went home with a couple pairs of shorts, capris, a swimsuit, and a dress to wear to the wedding (regularly $134 at Macy's marked down to $30!!!)

ferretgirl
01-08-2011, 12:55 PM
shasha: I'd call zumba "latin-based cardio dance fitness". The dance moves start easy (step-to-side, step-to-side, etc), then they gradually get more advanced. They also add in some fitness moves (arm-raises, hops). I'd say its both cardio and dance. For the Wii, the game includes a velcro belt (put a wiimote in the belt, put the belt on, and it tracks your movements). The "Zumba Cardio Party" dvd is what I used every day before buying the game. Here's 5 of the songs (originally from the dvd) posted on youtube (different people dancing but using the original choreography): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr3ZPIpiNsA&feature=&p=A982E75137D09892&index=0&playnext=1

peanut: The kinect is still fun.. I probably haven't done enough to get burned out on it yet. If I did the zumba game for 3 months straight, I might get bored of it, but about 1 hour/day, 4x/week for a month and I still like it. The most annoying part is when people walk into the room and I have to pause my workout (that makes me mad/messes up my rhythm). People griped about the kinect's poor reading on the zumba game, but to me, its fine. I just needed more light for the camera to track better, since my workout room was too dim. I only picked Kinect over Wii b/c of its full-body tracking camera- I don't have to wear/hold anything and hopefully I won't ever need to buy additional accessories; just the games :) Though for Kinect, you'll need to stand about 6' from the tv/camera; for zumba, you'd need a 6-8' square (open space) in front of tv to move freely.

Hope everyone's doing good. Nice reading everyone's updates :)

southernbelle102
01-09-2011, 03:29 AM
This is a photo from Christmas day this year. It isn't the best angle (i never get good camera angles because of my height :) ) but I was really excited to see how much smaller my legs are getting. When I first looked at this photo, I thought that my right leg was what actually is both of my legs and my left leg was what actually is my sister's legs. I was wondering why on earth I was standing with my legs open like that when it hit me... that isn't my right leg... that is both of my legs! I haven't really seen any full or semi full body pics of myself since I started losing weight so I had no clue what my legs looked like right now... I am actually quite pleased with what I see so far :) I hope to love them even more in the next 20, 30, 50, 80 + lbs lost! Ps. I am now 10 lbs down from where I was when this pic was taken...

Cheyenne
01-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi guys! So how did everyone do this week? I did..preetty well. I started off shaky, because I've been logging my foods, and wasn't sure on how much to eat yet. So I actually ended up gaining almost a pound, but then figured out what I needed to eat and such, and the final loss is 2.2 pounds for the week. For the FIRST week, I know I could have/should have lost more, but I guess now that I have the eating down maybe this week I'll lose about 3. :)

girlonfire
01-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Sorry team, I have been epically failing at participating in team chat, but I have a good reason I promise! I went to Family Week at a local rehab where a family member was recently at and it was long. Eight hours of talking about feelings and addictions and now I am heading off to go back to school.

Good luck at the weigh-in! I will participate more in conversations, I promise. As for my weigh-in, I lost a whopping .4 lbs!!!! I hope it will be better next week now that I have access to a gym (it's a little cold and wet to exercise outside right now).

KimL1214
01-09-2011, 02:26 PM
peachykeen62~ 0.4 is good! No biggie on the chat, glad to see you on here!

Cheyenne~ 2.2 is a good loss for the first week! Are you having problems with portion sizes or just looking for foods that will give you variety and be satisfying? Feel free to ask on here, we all have LOTS of ideas!

southernbelle102~ You look AMAZING!!! I'm glad the portabella mushrooms worked out for you! I actually just had two caps for lunch with some light sun dried tomato pesto, fat free cheese, and a little pasta with homemade veggie sauce.

ferretgirl~ How was your weekend? How are your calves feeling?

LauraLovesWeims~ Sweet score at Macy's!!! I hate shopping for any kinds of clothes... always feel down afterwards, so I know how you felt.

katylil~ Have you got your shopping in yet? Anything special planned for meals this week?

Transporter~ How was your weekend?

shasha12~ Zumba is AMAZING! Definitely worth a try! Feel better soon :hug:!

JLNichols07~ It's been chilly here too with a fresh dusting of 8 inches of snow!

Matilda08~ How was your weekend?

oOPeanutOo~ No complaints about my break yet, but the schedules were weird at the end of last week, so I never actually had a chance to take an hour. Will try for it this week!

Anyone I missed~ Hi!!!

Sunday Question~ How was your first week? Did you discover anything new that you'd like to share?

My first week was decent. I managed to only drink diet soda, plus I cut my smoking in half. As far as discoveries, the portabella mushrooms, with a half tablespoon of pesto, INCREDIBLE! Pesto has so much flavor to it and the mushrooms are so juicy and filling!

Kettlebells starts tomorrow, and I am super nervous!!! I know they are going to completely kick my butt, which is both exciting and scary at the same time. My biggest concern is being able to fall asleep at a decent hour tonight. I'll have to be up by 5:30 at the latest, which makes for a super long day as I'm closing the restaurant as well tomorrow night. I'm going to stop by the store after work and grab some sleepy time tea to see if that will help.

How did everyone do this weekend? I have one challenge left... I'm working at the restaurant tonight, so I need to watch what I eat! I had a tuna sandwich yesterday (I had massive points left for the day as my parents and I had brunch...)!

Don't forget to weigh in ladies!!!

KimL1214
01-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Side note... anyone who has a Shaws grocery store around... Progressive Soups are all on sale 10/$10 right now (normally anywhere from $2.99-$3.99/can). Weight Watchers endorses their "light" soups (which are pretty decent I have to say)... I did some serious stocking up... and plan on getting some more this week!

southernbelle102
01-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks Kim! It isn't the best photo at all but it is the only one I have that shows more of my body :)

I stepped on the scale this morning and was 3 more lbs down... yay! That brings my weekly total up to 7 lbs. I had no loss for the very first time last week so I guess my body was ready for a pretty big loss. I was really worried that I was entering a big stall after my 0 lb loss last week but thankfully I wasn't. :)

JennieLovesKisses
01-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Most Recent NSV: Just getting back into my routine!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 6lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Keep my calories between 1200-1500 and workout at least 3 times a week.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: eating past 9-10pm.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm super excited about getting to my goal. I'm so close!

southernbelle102
01-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Jennie, you are SO close to your goal!! Good luck! You have done amazingly well!

JLNichols07
01-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Sunday Question~ How was your first week? Did you discover anything new that you'd like to share?

My first week was pretty good. I did discover that I need to slack down on the snacking because it is increasing my calories and making them on the higher side.

Sorry I haven't been participating much in the chat but I've been getting ready for the start of my classes tomorrow. I hope all ya'll are doing great and have had an awesome weekend!

katylil
01-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Kim - shopping is being done this afternoon :) a friend of mine is coming over and he's gonna drive me to the store so I can stock up properly instead of only getting a few things (which is what I usually have to do as it's a 15 minute walk back to my house!) I'm basically going to stick to veggie stirfrys, chicken, fish, soup and couscous. I'm also stocking up on 0% fat yoghurts, porridge and grapes (my favourite fruit snack!) Hope the Kettlebells goes well!! I've never heard of it, what is it?

Jennie - wow you are SO close! :D congratulations! keep the good work up!

SouthernBelle - that is a BRILLIANT loss for the first week!!!! :D well done!!

JLNichols - I found the same thing! Too many snacks between lunch and dinner...

And that's my answer to Sunday's question as well!!! I need to get some ideas on how to get some good protein into my lunch to stop me feeling peckish. I usually have a bowl of soup or some couscous as they're easy to make and take on the run. Any ideas anyone?

Hope everyone's having a good monday! :)

Matilda08
01-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Happy monday Team!! SO far this year hasnt been so great for me but it ends today. I gained like 5lbs and I have to get back on track. Hoping this challenge will help with that. Good luck this week

shasha12
01-10-2011, 03:18 PM
hi everyone :) sorry i haven’t been chatting much. i must vow to do better. there always seems to be so may things to do and I lose track of chats. i do read every post though, so please keep the inspiration coming!

sunday’s question--first week was a bit of a wash, what with being sick and trying to un-bloat from nye. feeling much better this week, and I’m starting C25k on wednesday! i’m excited!!

ferretgirl
01-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Hope everyone had a good weekend :D

KimL: My weekend was COLD... We actually got snow yesterday and I nearly lost control of my car (guess I'm one of those who can't handle snow/ice driving).. Calves are ok now. It was my left arch that felt bad to touch for a few days (I'll buy better shoes before I jump rope again). ;)

I guess I still have the same battle as last year: EATING RIGHT. All week I did good on exercise and mostly good on food, but after weigh-in Sunday, I went on free-for-all mode, eating-wise.. ugh... it'll set me back 1-2 days, as usual. Just frustrating that I lose restaint sometimes.. I do good during the week when I have all my good foods at home; guess this Friday I need to make sure I'm healthy-stocked before the weekend starts. Did a quick grocery-run this morning and got more Special K Protein Meal Bars, 1% milk, greek yogert, frozen veggies, frozen salmon, and "brown raw sugar" for my coffee.

JLNichols07
01-10-2011, 11:56 PM
I really don't have time for personals because I have been so busy with homework and trying to get my workout in today that I haven't been on much. Weighed in this morning at 157.8---i really hope all yall have had a wonderful today..I'm suppose to wake up to 3-4 inches of snow in the morning which really aint bad but I hate the cold. LOL. I hope to get a little bit of time tomorrow to catch up. :)

homiegiiib
01-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Hey! Sorry I didn't get the chance to weigh in. I spent most the weekend moving back into college.

Last week I didn't do as well as I hoped with eating better. I've just been very busy. Now I'm excited though because I'm not planning to always go to the cafeteria that much this semester, I'm going to try to cook a little more! I'm excited to hopefully discover something new :)

JLNichols07
01-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Got some time to get one the forum and do some personals:

Katy: I also have a problem getting my protein in. It seems like every day I'm way under on my protein intake. I guess I'm just turned-off by anything that has protein in it.
Matilda: It's okay..everyone messes up here and there. I'm sure you'll get back on track especially w/ the help and support from everyone on this forum. Good Luck :)
Ferret: Let me know how them Special K Protein Bars are. I eat the Special K cereal bars and they are delicious!

Wellll as for me the meteorologist were right and we got about 2-3 inches of snow on our porch. Oh well.. after the 3rd time of writing this on the 20's forum I'm starting to get use to the snow LOL. This morning I woke up and ate a delicious meal it was weight watcher's french toast w/ turkey sausage and it was sooo good and extremely filling. As of today I'm hoping to have my hubby drive me to walgreens and get my ink refilled for my printer and some staples for my stapler...because I have a bunch of printing to do for school..I'm might need to get some printer paper too lol. Weigh-in this morning was good. Well I'm going to get busyy on my homework. Hope everyone has a nice day! :)

oOPeanutOo
01-11-2011, 12:22 PM
katylil Ė Iím a fan of oats as well for breakfast but I think they taste nasty with just water. Iíve tried to cut back on using milk for them but it doesnít work for me.

LauraLovesWeims Ė Yay for the successful shopping trip (even if it was second time around).

ferretgirl Ė Iíd get annoyed too if I had to pause for someone else.

southernbelle Ė As always, youíre looking fantastic in that photo. I did get a chuckle from you thinking that both of your legs were just one. We never see ourselves as we really are!

Cheyenne Ė Congrats on having a loss in your first week!!

peachykeen62 Ė Family first so donít worry about it. Hopefully the person you went to see is doing better.

KimL Ė Good job cutting your smoking down to half and staying on plan!!! Did you start Kettlebells yet?

JLNichols07 Ė Snacks are going to be the end of me. I feel like thatís all Iíve been doing lately as well. Can I just say YUM!! I wish weight watchers put out French toast in Australia!

Matilda08 Ė Iím right there with you. Itís a bad week for me as well so Iím not sure what damage Iíve done.

I know I missed people.. Iím shocking, but Hi in any case.

Sunday Question~ How was your first week? Did you discover anything new that you'd like to share? Can I answer Sundayís Question at 3am on a Wednesday?? Haha. My first week was shocking. I apologise as everyone else had really good numbers and mine wasnít fantastic. I canít say that Iíll be doing any better this week!

KimL1214
01-11-2011, 12:36 PM
JLNichols07~ Haha, we're all crossing our fingers that the storm headed for the Northeast moves just a little bit, so it hits us and we can have a snow day tomorrow!!!

homiegiiib~ Do you live in a dorm or house on campus?

ferretgirl~ I'm glad to hear your calf and arch feels better! Don't beat yourself up too much, we all slip up here and there!

shasha12~ Glad to hear that you're feeling better!

Matilda08~ :wave:

katylil~ I saw on your grocery list that you picked up some chicken and fish. Sometimes I'll take some teriyaki chicken with couscous and peas for lunch. Sunday nights are big cook nights for me as are Wednesday nights. I prep all my lunches for Mon.-Wed. on Sun. and then my Thurs., Fri. lunches on Wed. The teriyaki sauce on the chicken adds a lot of flavor to the couscous. How much water are you getting in each day? Try chugging some water instead of snacking... I put some pics of kettle bells at the bottom of this post...

JennieLovesKisses~ I'm so excited for you!!!

southernbelle102~ Awesome loss this week!!! 7lbs. is amazing!!!

oOPeanutOo~ What's going on? Everything okay?

Tuesday Question~ I know that some of you are not big fans of exercise, so tell us what your least hated exercise is, otherwise, what is your favorite form of exercise?

Before class yesterday, I would have said that Zumba is my favorite form of exercise, but after taking kettle bells, I've changed my mind. I LOVED IT!!! Normally after a Zumba class, I would feel sore in a couple muscles, normally in my legs. Today, I'm sore everywhere! Not a bad sore either, just a, "hey you haven't used these muscles in a while!" kind of sore. My upper and lower arms, shoulders, lower back, abs, butt, thighs, calves, shins... I LOVE IT!!! Did I mention that I really liked my kettle bell class? Next one is Thursday morning, although I just found out that I might be making a flying trip either Wednesday or Thursday night to upper New York for court. It's looking like my friend might finally have some things going in her favor! The kettle bell instructor told me that if I miss a class, they are more then happy to have me drop in on another class and make it up.

I'm glad I worked last night, because I would have spent most of the night sitting and tightening up if I hadn't. Instead, we had a pretty busy night and I stayed pretty loose all night. I was tight this morning, and still am a little slow getting up out of chairs, but feel pretty good other then that.

I picked up two more side jobs, one is 6 hrs./week and the other is 8-12 hrs./week. I let the restaurant know that I'll only be able to work Fridays-Mondays, so non of my jobs should cross each other now. 35 hrs./week at school... 12 hrs./week at the restuarant... 6 hrs./week with the afterschool program... 8-12hrs./week respite... anywhere from 61-65 hrs./week of work! Actually not as bad as it seems. I have my kettle bells class 2 mornings/week, starting next week I'll be running an open gym voluntarily 2 mornings/week (as I plan on shooting around the whole time, just have to make sure the kids aren't being bone heads...), so I'll be getting a good amount of exercise in. Plus I have Saturdays off, so I can go to the gym then, and I don't have to be to work until 2:30 on Sunday afternoons, so I can go to the gym that morning as well.

Sorry I'm rambling so much... I'm kinda working all this out as I'm typing, kind of a relief to know that all my working won't get in the way as long as I'm planning things out...

Here's a pic of the kettlebells... The smallest is usually 8.8lbs. (which is kinda funny, as that's the same weight as a shot put, which I threw over 35 feet in college...), and they can get basically as heavy as you can handle...
Below the kettlebells pic is an example of one of the exercises called a Turkish Get-up... hard, very hard!!!

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/kiml121483/3FC%20Winter%20Challenge/kettlebells.jpg

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/kiml121483/3FC%20Winter%20Challenge/kettlebell-turkish-getup.jpg

Matilda08
01-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Happy Tuesday Team! Im down to 227.2 today which is very good. Diet and fitness has been on point. Not much time for personals right now things are so busy. But I am wishing you all a great week and lots of luck we can rock this challenge!!

girlonfire
01-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Tuesday Question~ I know that some of you are not big fans of exercise, so tell us what your least hated exercise is, otherwise, what is your favorite form of exercise?

Ok, ok trying to get better at chatting with my team! As for exercise, I keep trying to be a runner, but I just keep falling off! I really enjoy biking and I LOOOOOOVE the elliptical. I took a swimming class last semester, which was a bust, but now I am back to the gym!

In other news, I had a "whoosh" last night and I am down about 3 pounds. Hope I can keep it up until next week!

ferretgirl
01-11-2011, 04:24 PM
JLNichols: I LOVE the special k protein bars. Honey Almond are my favorite.. I'm always rushing, so those are great to grab for work. Not the best, sugar-wise, but not the worst, nutrient-wise. I like their cereals too. Right now I have their granola to mix with berries and greek yogert :) I saw your protein comment.. do you like any meats or nuts? You could always get some powdered whey protein and add it into a smoothie (or other drink) for extra protein (its also good for rebuilding muscles after workouts).

peanut: Adding 1/4 c. raisins to my oats and water makes it taste good ;) Or add 1/2 c. fresh fruit instead..

southernbelle: Excellent holiday photo! Every pic you post, you look leaner :D

Favorite exercise right now would be zumba (dvds or video game) since I get results and most days I actually enjoy the workout.

Matilda (and everyone else): Congrats on your progress and kudos for working to keep on track. Good to hear it- let's keep it up! :cheer2:

katylil
01-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Peanut - I used to make it with milk but I was getting through ridiculous amounts of the stuff and as a v. broke student it's cheaper just to use water and then add other stuff. I usually make it with water and then add artificial sweeteners or honey and some raisins to make it taste better :)

Kim - sounds like you had an awesome time at kettleballs! Looks v. hard from the pictures!!!

I love dancing. Hiphop, jazz, modern, tap, ballet... I love all of them! Hiphop and modern are probably my favourites but I do enjoy all the stretching that we do in ballet. It's a surprisingly hard class (and I'm in the Beginners!) because it's all done in a slow and controlled way. Some of the guys in my class are super fit, they go to the gym, play football or rugby (not what you'd expect from musical theatre students right!); but even they're in pain after a day of ballet!!! :)

homiegiiib
01-11-2011, 06:45 PM
KimL1214 - I am very fortunate to live in an apartment located directly on campus! So I have a really nice kitchen, now I need to learn how to use the kitchen :P

I would possibly say that I love the elliptical trainer! It's just the one that makes me feel most accomplished and I actually feel like I got a good workout in with that! Apparently, I need to check out this zumba everyone is talking about :)

JennieLovesKisses
01-11-2011, 08:32 PM
I made it! I hit my two mini-goals and weighed in at 148.0 this morning! It shocked me!!!

Transporter
01-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Happy Tuesday Team! Im down to 227.2 today which is very good. Diet and fitness has been on point. Not much time for personals right now things are so busy. But I am wishing you all a great week and lots of luck we can rock this challenge!!

happy tuesday!!!!
btw im also from nj congrata on getting down to 227 :carrot:

oOPeanutOo
01-12-2011, 04:36 AM
KimL1214 – I’m still having problems with my back so am on some really powerful painkillers at the moment. I spend a lot of time snacking and am eating horribly which is not conducive to losing weight. Kettle bells sound awesome! When I look at those photos I keep thinking that the guy is about to drop them on his head. At least your trip to NY sounds like it could be promising! Be sure to keep us updated with that. A big congratulations on picking up the extra work btw.

Matilda08 – Good job getting the diet & exercise back on track!

peachykeen62 - Yay @ the whoosh. I love it when that happens.

ferretgirl /katylil – I’m going to try your suggestions. They sound like it’s the added extra that I’ve been looking for.

homiegiiib – Are you all settled back into the apartment?

JennieLovesKisses – CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! You’re so close to goal.

I’m going to skip the exercise question! Those who know me on the board will be aware that I’m not on the exercise track.

I’m hoping that I can get a few opinions on Gum . I know it’s a weird question but I’ve heard a few people rave about the “Extra Dessert Delights” gum. We don’t get it in Australia but I can buy it in bulk over the Internet. Kinda pricey for gum but if it’s as good as people are saying then it might be worth it. Has anyone tried it & if so, what’s your opinion? Do you have a favourite?

southernbelle102
01-12-2011, 04:55 AM
Peanut - I love desert delights gum! It is very sweet(fake sugar high) but really helps my cravings. I love the strawberry cheesecake and the chocolate mint. I haven't tried any other...I would definitely try them if I were you.

katylil
01-12-2011, 07:14 AM
homiegiiib - I love the elliptical as well! :D over the summer, when I was at home and first started trying to lose weight, that was my main form of exercise. My mum managed to buy a completely brand new and unused one off a friend really cheaply, and I used it in the morning before going to work. I don't get to do it very often anymore though now I'm back at uni! :)

Jennie - congratulations!!!! :D that is brilliant!!! I've just been looking at your mini-goal list. I can't believe you've lost over 50lbs in 8 months! That is AMAZING!! You're such an inspiration :)

Peanut - there are loads of stuff you can find to spice morning porridge up a bit :) I think there's a thread somewhere on here about it if you want more ideas! My two housemates are trying to lose weight as well so we all support each other. One of them likes their porridge with a sprinkling of drinking chocolate powder mixed in and the other one like putting a teaspoon of peanut butter in sometimes. Maybe go to the supermarket and see what you can find that you'd like? :) PS. I've never heard of this gum thing. What's it supposed to be/do?

I was so pleased with myself yesterday. I managed to stay the whole day completely on plan. That hasn't happened in a while!
Food plan for today (my goal is to stay on it again!):

B- porridge made with water and a teaspoon of sweetener, coffee with sweeteners and skimmed milk
L- tuna salad, vanilla Activia yoghurt (0% fat)
D- either chicken with couscous and peas (thanks for the idea Kim!) or a WW meal and broccoli, depending on whether I'm going to my friends house later or not
Snacks- blueberries, 2 crackers thinly spread with extra-light philadelphia soft cheese and a couple of slices of cucumber.

I might try and fit in a run later as well, but to be honest, it's raining and I have a ton of stuff that needs doing in the house. Not to mention: argh I'm doing my theory driving test tomorrow and I'm SO nervous!!! :/

Hope everyone's having a good day!

PS. I forgot! Also weighed in this morning. Down to 150 again! Hooray! :)

ferretgirl
01-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Kim: I'm glad you found a good/fun workout with kettlebells and that's awesome that your instructor is flexible with classes. I hope the best for your friend this week; hope things get back on track for her. That's good that you got your schedule worked out (work/exercise-wise).

On exercise again, (since katylil mentioned dance ;) ) I like some dance workouts (the ones I've tried), including pole dance and burlesque (really fun classes taken in Dallas; too bad they were 60+ miles away).

Jennie: Congrats on your mini-goal. Gosh, you've come a long way and are nearly to to your main-goal. HUGE KUDOS AND CONGRATS!! :cheer2:

katylil: Your meal plan sounds healthy & tasty :D Good luck on your test and congrats on your low weigh-in!

Got groceries this morning: microwave-steam veggies and brown rice, apples, grapes, almonds, "health" trail mix, smartpop mini-bag popcorn, part-skim string cheese and special k wheat crackers. The veggies and rice go with chicken or fish for lunch &/or dinner, then the rest for healthy (portioned) snacks.

Only got in 20 min of exercise yesterday (10 min abs, 10 min zumba), but walked for 10 min this morning while grocery shoppping (I count that much as straight walking)... some activity is better than none. Another thing (one of my resolutions) is Family Time, so its not that bad missing/cutting short a workout if I'm spending time with husband or kiddo ;)

Hope y'all are doing good/staying on track/staying warm! Good luck, everyone :)

KimL1214
01-13-2011, 12:25 PM
ferretgirl~ I love smart pop! Trading workout time for family time is definitely a good trade!

katylil~ Congrats on staying on plan!!! I danced when I was younger and really miss it. It is definitely one thing I want to pick back up once I lose some more weight (need to lose enough so my joints can handle it).

oOPeanutOo~ Haha, the first couple times I did the exercise I didn't use the weight as I was a little worried I might drop it! I hope your back starts getting better soon! My fave desserts gum is the strawberry cheesecake also, although key lime pie is pretty good too!

Matilda08, Transporter, southernbelle102~ :wave:

JennieLovesKisses~ CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dancer::dancer::dancer:

homiegiiib~ If you need any recipe ideas, feel free to ask, I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas from everyone here!!!

peachykeen62~ Congrats on 3lbs!!!

Thursday & Friday Question~ Weekend is coming!!! What is your plan of attack to make sure you stay on plan?

This weekend is going to be a little difficult as I won't be home until really late tomorrow night, so there will be little time to plan. I'm thinking I might try and do some shopping tomorrow before we head back to VT from NY. I'm going to plan everything out tonight, but the challenge will be executing that plan once I get back. I missed kettle bell class this morning for a variety of reasons, the biggest being that I spent between 3-4 hours shoveling a foot and a half of snow, and I think I strained my left elbow. Also, I wasn't sure if we would have school today or not as the roads really stunk when I got up... I'm going to try and pick up a make up class Saturday morning at 8, assuming I don't stay out too late tomorrow night (some friends and I are getting together for a wii bowling tournament). If I miss the class, then I'll hit up the gym instead...

We had a snow day yesterday due to the 18 inches of snow we got, which was added to by another 6 inches last night. Sometimes I wonder if the superintendents have issues... we desperately needed a 2 hour delay, but they had school on as usual, so a normal 15 minute drive... took me 50 minutes. UGH!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

ferretgirl
01-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Thursday & Friday Question~ Weekend is coming!!! What is your plan of attack to make sure you stay on plan?

On Fri/Sat, Mom, Big Sis and I will be going to Austin to see Reba McEntire & George Strait (yay!!! :D lol), so I thought of packing enough of my 'healthy snacks' for the 3 of us (apples, grapes, almonds, trail mix). Guess we'll have a couple of meals 'on the road', so I'll just pick healthiest of the bunch (salad or grilled chicken) or watch portions (kids meal or small sized).

Gosh, Kim, that sucks, all your snow mess :( I gripe about scraping my windows every morning, but we never got over 6", and they did give us a 2-hour delay for school the first day. Ugh... hope you stay safe and warm..

Hope everyone has a good rest of week/weekend :D

oOPeanutOo
01-14-2011, 02:32 AM
southernbelle Ė Iíll just try and track down both :) They really sound too good to be true. Did you have to change your signature because youíve lost so much weight you couldnít fit all the :hat: down the bottom?? I think thatís awesome!!

katylil Ė From what Iíve read the Gum tastes just like a bowl of Chocolate Mint Ice Cream at only 5 Calories. Iím hoping that it will give me that dessert fix Iíve been looking for.

ferretgirl Ė Youíre right.. Cutting a workout short to spend it with family is well worth it. Your weekend sounds like itís going to be a blast!

KimL Ė Snow Days!!! The only reason I actually know what they are is because of The Simpsons. Haha. I donít get snow where I live so Iím totally missing out. Did you make up the class??

Thursday & Friday Question~ Weekend is coming!!! What is your plan of attack to make sure you stay on plan? Iím preparing everything ahead of time. As you guys know, Iíve been struggling with getting on plan so had a little bit of help to prepare some things in advance. I have 3 days worked out and most of it is already cooked. Everything else is chopped and ready to go. Chicken Stir Fry, Zucchini Slice, Mini Pizza and Pasta. The combinations come to 1500 calories with fruit to snack on as well. Hopefully 3 days on plan like this will get me back on track.

southernbelle102
01-14-2011, 04:08 AM
Peanut - actually, that is exactly why I had to change it.. haha! I ran out of characters allowed in the signature :) Good problem to have :D I changed it from one every 5 lbs to one every 10 lbs. I just switched back the goal info to how I had it though because I like it better that way :)

JLNichols07
01-14-2011, 10:03 AM

I usually do better on the weekends then I do during the week..it's probably because I'm staying busy and not stuck in my house all weekend long lol.

katylil
01-14-2011, 03:44 PM

My hardest challenge this weekend is going to be the houseparty I'm attending tomorrow and the return of my housemates and the rest of all my friends to uni this weekend. A trip to the pub has already been organised and usually this is my downfall! The houseparty I'm being blackmailed into attending with my friend (I missed her 21st birthday party and this is her payback...) is worrying me because I know that I don't know anyone there and I'll have a few drinks (hello calories!)..

So. My battle plan is to try and drink as little as possible and eat a proper meal before we go to the pub on Sunday so I know I won't be tempted by all the yummy-sounding food they do there.

Fingers (and will-power) crossed that I can do this!

Hope everyone has a good weekend xxx

Matilda08
01-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi Team!! Im doing great this week getting back down to my low. I started the week at 230 and today i am 225.8 working toward the 2teens. Have a great weekend all!!

shasha12
01-14-2011, 06:37 PM
hi team :) sorry I’ve been so MIA! busy IRL! just got done with a crazy hardcore workout and i feel great...

Plan of attack this weekend:
weekends aren’t super tough for me, but still... my plan is to stick to my 1500 cals and get in 2 solid workouts (interval training tomorrow, C25K Sunday).

katy, 21st bday, ouch! good luck staying away from all the potential indulgences!!!!! :D

peanut, planning is an excellent way to get back on track! you’re going to do great!

ferret, i love fast food salads! the meat is always so salty that no dressing is required! haha. have fun in austin!

kim, 4 hours shoveling snow?? holy crap what a workout! have fun wii bowling! best game ever!

southernbelle, alright well apparently i need to try these gums ;)

katylil
01-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Shasha - it's not actually her 21st, that was a few weeks ago. But I had other plans that were unchangeable so I had to miss her celebrations. And she wants to go to this houseparty to meet up with the guy she's seeing. And I'm stuck as accompaniment as punishment for the missed birthday! Moral of the story: friends over everything else! Hahaa.

PS. I passed my theory test yesterday!!!! I'm so happy! :D

oOPeanutOo
01-15-2011, 03:18 AM
southernbelle Ė Itís a problem that I wish I had!!

JLNichols07 Ė Weekends are my downfall. Whenever friends are involved it never turns out well. I guess your ďbusyĒ is a different kind of busy seeing as you have kids to run after.

katylil Ė The start of a new Uni year is one party after the other. At least thatís how it was for me. Good luck getting through everything you have on. Congrats on passing the test btw.

Matilda08 Ė Yay!! Awesome job this week.

shasha12 Ė Hey :wave:

How is everyone else travelling this week?

LauraLovesWeims
01-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi ladies,

Just checking in. My scale and I are not getting along this week. I've been really good, but my weight is bouncing around all over the place. Anyway, today is definitely going to be a challenge. My sister-in-law's bachelorette party starts in two hours. I'm going to try to make it through without drinking too much, but I think my husband's family might have other plans for me. :dizzy:

shasha12
01-15-2011, 01:10 PM
katy, oh i thought it was going to be a sort of repeat of her 21st since you missed it. good that it’s not! a weekend of friends sounds fun. congrats on passing your theory test!!!!

peanut, HI :D

laura, that is so frustrating! i’m sorry the scale is being stubborn! good luck at the bachelorette party! those things can be difficult. maybe just order vegetarian meals and vodka sodas??

i haven’t been on the scale in a few days. i usually weigh everyday, but haven’t been this week. i was just over it for some reason. hopefully it hasn’t allowed me to slack any, but i did have some homemade ice cream a few times this week. I am super sore today from working out so hard, so today’s workout will be lighter, and i plan to stretch a ton and drink lots of water today. hopefully i’ll get a good number on the scale tomorrow.

iiholly
01-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Laura Mehg it is so hard to stay around people with an ambition to get drunk. I feel your pain. I've been unsuccessful 3 times this week with that plan. It is only the first week of school though. I'm gonna be better next week because I pretty much have to be.

Sorry if I don't keep up with this chatty thing too much. 18 credits and the school paper keep me just a little bit busy. I am losing weight though. I got down a belt loop! I think it might partially be because I have no time to make food, but I am keeping up with an exercise plan. Only about 20-30 minutes a day though. I want spring to come so I can do fun exercise again hiking/biking/boating/jogging... all that good stuff.

This weekend I've been staying on plan pretty well. Had sugary vodka last night though. It was so sweet we all were just drinking it straight. Went to a house party where one of my favorite local bands played. Good times!

Hope you all are sticking with it!

JLNichols07
01-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Hey ladies. Hope everyone is doing great. And I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow I hope to be down for tomorrow's weigh in :)

oOPeanutOo
01-16-2011, 02:49 AM
Hey Girls... Just a quick check in to say Hi and apologise for my weigh in. It's almost Sunday night for me so couldn't leave it much later to post it. I'm happy that I lost what I gained earlier in the week but I haven't contributed to our efforts to beat Red Lace. Next week will be better!!!

girlonfire
01-16-2011, 03:02 AM
Ugh, put on a couple alcohol pounds from water retention this morning, so here is to hoping that I flushed that out by tomorrow morning!

Teehee Peanut, I didn't see the kg part of your ticker and I was like "THAT IS TOO SKINNY!". Thank goodness it is kilos ;-)

oOPeanutOo
01-16-2011, 03:16 AM
peachykeen - hahaha.. I wish it was lbs!!! I still have to use Google to convert my weight every week. I'm hopeless that I can't figure it out for myself after 6 months.

KimL1214
01-16-2011, 12:47 PM
peachykeen62~ How was your weekend? Sounds like you had some fun!

JLNichols07~ How did you do at your weigh in?

iiholly~ I can't wait for the weather to improve just so I can start getting my morning and evening walks/jogs back in!

shasha12~ Did you see good numbers on the scale?

LauraLovesWeims~ How was the bachelorette party?

katylil~ Congrats on passing your test!!! How did you do at the party?

southernbelle102~ Congrats on having to change your sig!!! That is the best reason to have to change it!!!

oOPeanutOo~ I made up the class yesterday! If only I could have recorded the argument I had with myself over getting out of bed and going, HAHAHA! Did you stick with the meals you had planned?

ferretgirl~ How was the concert???

Anyone I missed~ :wave:

Sunday & Monday Question~ What do you plan? Some plan just meal or exercise times, do you plan either? Do you plan anything else?

I joined kettle bell classes, because that takes care of two days each week of exercise that I don't have to plan. I'm actually thinking about picking up a third class as well... Food is my biggest challenge when it comes to planning. Breakfast and lunch I always pack the night before during the week, but dinner can sometimes be a problem. I've tried to plan ahead for that, but I also make dinner for my parents, so I have to be conscious of what they will eat as well. Often my mom will through a wrench in my plan by getting something completely different and insisting on cooking it. They know I'm trying to lose weight, and they try to pick meals that will fit into a weight loss diet, but they often pick things that don't (but they think they do). My favorite would be last week when my mom made a big deal about how I need to make sure I get enough red meat in my diet because I'm anemic... so she brings home a ribeye and cooks it with mushrooms... in BUTTER. Ugh.

Weekends are never long enough... I'm currently trying to cook something for lunch while washing my clothes for work and trying to plan out meals for this week... If only I could take a nap this afternoon...

shasha12
01-16-2011, 03:09 PM
I weighed this morning, and I’m up to 147.6 TOM is looming, i’m sore, etc (all those lovely excuses) but stiiiiiilllllll. Argh. I just feel like I’m getting nowhere. Going to start weighing in daily again, i feel like it keeps me more accountable :mad: BTW, that’s a gain of .6 from last week! =/

Kim, gotta love moms, huh?? they try but sometimes they just doooon’t get it. hope you get some time to relax before the hectic week begins again!

girlonfire
01-16-2011, 03:23 PM
I had a great weekend, in fact! I went to see a free concert last night, Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, and it was great! They have a song called Oregon Girl (teehee) and I danced the whole concert.

shasha- ugh, tell me about TOM. it sucks, but you'll get through it and have a great woosh next week :)

As for today's question, I try to plan my meals so I can go grocery shopping for the week. Exercise I plan, but sometimes I just don't get there (I have very busy Mondays, where I am booked essentially from 10-8 and sometimes at 8 I am just pooped).

Weight-wise, I am down from last week a good, not large, but good amount!

LauraLovesWeims
01-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Hi Ladies,

The bachelorette party went about as well as it could have. I did really well with not snacking on anything. I had a few shots that I would not have normally had. It was a pretty good time though. It was an early night as the bride bailed on us around 7PM. She didn't pace herself very well and was insisting she go home to take a nap. :D

I had to post a slight gain which isn't entirely surprising considering the bouncing around I've done over the past week. I'm just going to keep plugging along and hope that the scale reflects that next week. I'm hoping I can remember to post my weigh-in on my way out to the airport. We have to leave around 3AM.

iiholly
01-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Mehg I gained back a lot of the weight I lost this week (not all of it though). I wasn't going to go out last night buut my friend had someone visiting from Ohio so ended up going out anyways. Good thing for the three day weekend so I can catch up on homework I didn't get done today trying to sleep off to week going out splurge.

It is my birthday on Wednesday and boyfriends on Wednesday... so we'll see how this week goes. I'm going to Washington D.C. Wednesday and Thursday. We're going to a show The Trailer Park Boys- which is a silly canadian show. Next day we're going to do museums. We'll be doing a lot of walking though which should be good.

oOPeanutOo
01-17-2011, 03:04 AM
KimL1214 Ė Haha.. Getting out of bed is always the hardest part. Yes!!! I stuck with my meal plan down to the letter and Iím already down a little bit from last weigh-in. Iím very happy with that. Did you end up in NY over the weekend??

shasha12 Ė TOM always messes with the number on the scale. Donít be too hard on yourself.

peachykeen62 Ė All that dancing would be great for weight loss :)

LauraLovesWeims Ė Good job with the bachelorette party. Avoiding snacking was a definite success.

iiholly Ė 2 Birthdays in the same week! Iíll sneak in an early Happy Birthday incase I donít make it back on the boards over the next few days.

Sunday & Monday Question~ What do you plan? Some plan just meal or exercise times, do you plan either? Do you plan anything else?
I find that when I take the time to actually plan out my meals for the day and keep my calories at 1500 that I lose weight. Who would have thought that staying on plan was all it took...Haha I eat a lot of the same meals so it makes things easier to plan in advance.

homiegiiib
01-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Hey ladies! Sorry I hardly get a chance to post on here! Hopefully I'll make it into a habit soon enough!

I usually do plan food. If I happen to go off my plan with food a little bit, it's not really that much to hurt me! So having a plan of when to eat and what to eat has been really helpful.
With exercise, I just go when I have time. Now being a college student and a gym right next to my apartment, finding time shouldn't be an excuse anymore :)

iiholly
01-17-2011, 05:51 PM
I really don't plan meals other than I try to eat two pieces of fruit and lots of veggies a day. Kind of improvise with what we have. I'm amazed sometimes how fast we go through groceries. It all seems a blur.

Exercise I do once a day except on the rare occasion at this point. Not for a loonog time but about 20-45 minutes. Three times a week I've been doing yoga with the boyfriend. He WHINES so much during it, it is kind of annoying. He is slowly getting used to it, although he hates Jilliam Michaels at this point. I try to encourage him though and he does well when he isn't throwing a hissy. Athleticism has never been his thing so I try not to give him a hard time.

ferretgirl
01-17-2011, 06:10 PM
KimL: Concert was AMAZING! We're huge Reba/George fans, and the music was great :D Austin traffic was **** and made us miss the opening show (Lee Ann Womack), but we made it inside by Reba's first song. Would definitely do again, but hopefully next time in Dallas instead (would rather drive 1 hour than 3 to get there) ;)

I try to plan, or at least outline meals. When I grocery shop, I get rice, veggies and meat (for lunches/dinners) and fruit and nuts (for snacks), that way those meals and snacks are nearby (just microwave or portion). For exercise, I set a goal for each week (how many days/minutes I plan to exercise) and try to work towards that on weekdays after work.

JLNichols07
01-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Hey Everyone! How are things going? Kim: I do believe I did pretty well this weigh-in! I usually lose between 1-2 lbs a week and lost a little above 2 lbs this week which is above average for me!

I plan both at times. I usually plan workout time when the hubby is home to keep the kids preoccupied but sometime do it when they are napping! As for meals I plan them as they come...After I eat breakfast I usually go ahead and figure out what I'm eating for lunch and so on! :)

I really hope this week goes by quick...I know its crazy but I'm really hoping to hit my Valentine's Day Goal which is 154 sometime this week! It would be super early and amazing!

southernbelle102
01-18-2011, 11:54 AM
The only "plan" I have is a certain calorie count. Other than that, I make all of m decisions as the day progresses. I keep a running tally of calories consumed in the calculator of my phone and stop eating when I have hit my #. I try to space the amount out well throughout the day...

Matilda08
01-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Congrats on our first week team! Classes started today from me so I dont have time for personals but I wanted to stop in and say hello. Good luck this week!!!

GreenTeaYum
01-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Congrats on our first week team! Classes started today from me so I dont have time for personals but I wanted to stop in and say hello. Good luck this week!!!

Classes start for me today too! What are you going to school for?

katylil
01-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey ladies!

Sorry I've been a bit AWOL in the past few days. Everyone is now back with me at uni so I've spent a few days socialising and catching up with my friends :)

I did really well at the houseparty on Saturday and only drank vodka and diet lemonade...not so much yesterday. My friend and I weren't going to drink but as it was the first night back at the Student Union bar, it was jam-packed and we had to queue for an hour in the pouring rain to get in. So by the time we did, we decided to have a few drinks and then I had chips from the burger van when we left at midnight :S bad bad times...
Today I've been good though, tuna salad for lunch and a weight watchers meal and veggies for dinner :)

Exercise-wise: I am HURTING all over. We had our first dance session of the term yesterday which was and hour and a half of energetic modern-jazz dancing and then an hour and a half of flexibility-improving stretches and general body conditioning. I literally feel like I've been hit by a double-decker bus. But the pain means it's working right?!

Hope everyone's having a good week!

PS. I passed my driving theory!!!! Full marks (50/50) on the theory questions and 54/75 on the Hazard Perception (you only need 45 to pass) :D

shasha12
01-18-2011, 06:02 PM
The only "plan" I have is a certain calorie count. Other than that, I make all of m decisions as the day progresses. I keep a running tally of calories consumed in the calculator of my phone and stop eating when I have hit my #. I try to space the amount out well throughout the day...

this is exactly me, although i like things to be a little more tactile, so i physically write my intake down.

i donít always stop at my number though, which is something i need to get back to.

katy, well done with vodka drinks! sorry you followed it up with not such a great night, but at least youíre back on track. congrats on the test!!! and congrats on that full-body soreness of yourís ;)

oOPeanutOo
01-19-2011, 03:25 AM
Hey Team :) This is just another quick check in. I'm still on plan so that's awesome for me. I also went to buy a new shirt for work today and fit into an 18 :) I'm very excited about that as it means I'm getting even closer to what I call "normal people sizes" instead of "plus size". I'll get there eventually. I hope everyone else is having a good week!!!

JLNichols07
01-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Hey everyone. Just seeing how everyone is doing on this Wednesday or Thursday (wherever you live!). Scale looked really good this morning. Hubby has a doctor's appointment this morning and then I have to turn some papers into the school...besides that it's going to be a long, boring & cold day! Tomorrow we are under a "Winter Weather Advisory" due to the fact that we are suppose to get 2-4 inches of snow...although I hate winter...I don't really care at this point if we get anymore snow because my daughter loves it! LOL. ----Hope everyone has a great day! :)

KimL1214
01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey ladies! I see there a lot of fly-bys this week, which I also have to join in on... Been a little crazy up here in the mountains with lots of new snow and some old health issues coming back up. I had some serious ear problems last year and actually had to have surgery on both my ears... eventually I ended up with tubes (yes, they make those for adults, hahaha)... Well one of my tubes got plugged yesterday and the building pressure caused the whole tube itself to move and tear my ear drum, gotta love it! Anyways! I've been a little off for a few days, and am getting back on top of things! I will try to get back on tonight to get some personals in, but until then...

Wednesday Question~ What's your dinner plan for tonight!?

southernbelle102
01-19-2011, 04:28 PM
have a stomach virus... this is awful!!!

Matilda08
01-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Classes start for me today too! What are you going to school for?

HI Im going for my Liberal Arts degree now( work for an accounting firm) but I plan to transfer to get my finance or accounting degree how about you?

Matilda08
01-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Southernbell- hope you feel better

Last week I spend most of my time working back down to 225 this week im trying to make it back to my low and beyond! So far this has been a great week diet and fitness wise so im hoping to get a nice Woosh sometime this week as long as I stay o/p with diet. Ive been in the 220s for several months and I need to get out. For some reason it takes me a VERY long time to lose ten lbs lol i know my diet is usually a little lose so my g oal is to tighten up on my calories. I want to make ONEDERLAND within the next 3 months

oOPeanutOo
01-19-2011, 09:30 PM
JLNichols07 Ė Did you get that snow??

KimL1214 Ė Sorry to hear about your ear problems. Iím glad you mentioned that they have them for adults as I only thought they were for youngsters! Hopefully you feel better soon.

southernbelle102 Ė Awww.. You poor thing. Make sure you take care of yourself and up the fluids.

Matilda08 Ė Congrats on having an on plan week! Iím sure youíll make it out of the 220ís in no time. Youíre so close.

Iím opting for a Chicken Stir Fry with Udon Noodles. Itís not heavily vegetable packed, just corn, beans and capsicum but I like it and it fills me up. Iím probably due to try out a new recipe for dinner but the Stir Fry doesnít require any brain power to put together.

So Iím going to throw out a question.. I was asked out on a date this week and Iím not sure whether to go or not. Itís a bit of a complicated story as this guy asked my friend to pass on my number to him so he could call and ask me out. My friend says heís a nice guy but I feel a little bit weird about going out with someone I havenít seen in the flesh before. Iím also not sure I want to jump back into the dating game just yet. I feel like if Iím not happy with my body etc etc, why would anyone else be. I guess Iím just rambling...

JLNichols07
01-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Peanut: It's just now about it hit us ...we are suppose to get 2-4 inches now...and its going to start later on tonight into the morning! So it's deff coming!

southernbelle102
01-20-2011, 04:12 AM
Thanks guys... I am already feeling a lot better. I was able to keep down some broth and a few bites of Mac and Cheese tonight. I hope to feel even better in the morning!

On a side note:
I have been wearing the same t-shirts (just around the house and to sleep in) since I started my weight-loss journey nearly 120 lbs ago. Those 2x shirts that were once too tight on me are now ridiculously baggy. So, I went in my closet and found some t-shirts that I saved from my sorority days in college. I thought they were XLs. I tried a few on and they all fit. Some were actually a bit loose, some a little bit tight and some that fit perfectly. I looked at their size labels and the are all size Large!!! That is crazy to me. I can't believe I can actually fit into a Large again!!! I am so excited. Just had to share!:D

southernbelle102
01-20-2011, 04:15 AM
Peanut - If you feel uncomfortable with dating right now then maybe you should just wait a bit more before getting into the dating scene again. However, it could be a lot of fun to meet someone new... even if it doesn't go anywhere. :)

JLNichols07
01-20-2011, 10:47 AM

Hubby works tonight so I won't be cooking me and DD will be having microwavables! LOL

katylil
01-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Wednesday Question: What's Your Dinner Plan for Tonight?!
I just had a lovely fish stirfry :)

girlonfire
01-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Dinner tonight: some tuna, lots of veggies, and hummus in a pita with 1 cup tomato soup :)

southernbelle102
01-20-2011, 07:15 PM
I hit 260 lbs today... a 120 lb loss so far :)!! I can't believe I am only 27 lbs away from being out of the obese BMI category FOREVER! It is kind of hard to believe that I started this journey 7 months ago with a BMI that was only 1 point away from the super obese category... I was VERY morbidly obese. I will technically be only overweight, not obese, very soon! yay!! My starting BMI was 48.8 and my current BMI is 33.4 :)

oOPeanutOo
01-21-2011, 01:13 AM
JLNichols07 Ė Did your Daughter like the snow that you guys had?

southernbelle102 Ė Awesome NSV with the t-shirts and a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on hitting 260!!! Youíre seriously rocking this weight loss and it keeps falling off you. Thanks for the advice btw :)

Iím happy with where Iím at right now, I jumped on the scale this morning and Iím down 800grams from my last weigh in. So thanks to Google thatís about 1.7lbs. I have to constantly remind myself just to keep on truckiní and eventually Iíll make it to where I want to be.

I hope everyone else is having a good week!!!

oOPeanutOo
01-22-2011, 12:23 AM
Hey Team!!
It's very quiet in here at the moment. Does anyone have any interesting plans for the weekend??

southernbelle102
01-23-2011, 02:21 AM
It IS very quiet in here! Hope everyone is okay! It has been a VERY rough week for me. Stomach virus, some personal drama, bad headache etc, etc...
Hope next week is better. At least it hasn't affected my sticking on plan :)

oOPeanutOo
01-23-2011, 05:22 AM
southernbelle - Sorry that you're having such a tough week. Well done for staying on plan through everything. Don't forget, we're all here to help if you need to vent :)

LauraLovesWeims
01-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around. It's been a crazy week getting ready for the trip. I'm actually getting ready to board the plane now. Down a little this week. We'll see what happens!

KimL1214
01-23-2011, 10:11 PM
LauraLovesWeims~ Have fun on your trip! Let us know how you're doing?

southernbelle102~ Sorry to hear you're not feeling good :hug: Congrats on hitting 260!!!

oOPeanutOo~ Congrats on 1.7lbs!!! Sorry it's been so quiet, I know I'm partially responsible :( As for the dating scene, if you're uncomfortable with it, wait. Ask your friend if maybe a group of you could get together first, so you could at least meet him.

chloekinsicle~ How was your dinner?

katylil~ Other then fish, what do you put in your stirfry?

JLNichols07~ What are your favorite microwaveable dinners?

Matilda08~ How have you done with tightening up your calories this week?

Hey ladies! SOrry for the slacking! Ear is better, grandpa is worse... just can't get a good balance right now!

Sunday & Monday Question~ I've asked this in previous challenges, but they often change... so... What is your dream goal outfit?

Last challenge I said the sexy top and pants... this time, I just want to see myself in a fitted t-shirt and knock out jeans, something I wear always during my free time....

Sorry to cut this short ladies, but I have a WW casserole in the oven I need to ration out! Have a great night and don't forget to weigh in if you haven't already!

southernbelle102
01-24-2011, 02:08 AM
Made some YUMMY fish tacos tonight. I followed a recipe by Bonnie Matthews (which I altered just a little bit...)

I marinated some tilapia in lime, sea salt, garlic powder and cracked black pepper then cooked it. I put it on top of a corn tortilla and topped that with 1/4c cottage cheese 1/4c pinto beans, 1/4c corn 1/4 a small avacado and some salsa. It was a total of 333 calories and so filling and good!!

oOPeanutOo
01-24-2011, 03:29 AM
LauraLovesWeims Ė Hopefully you have an amazing time on your trip. I for one am looking forward to hearing all about it.

KimL1214 Ė Nah, no need for apologies. We all get busy. Glad to hear your ear is improving but it would be nice to hear that your Grandpa is improving as well. Iíll keep my fingers crossed.

southernbelle102 Ė That fish taco sounds delish!!

Sunday & Monday Question~ I've asked this in previous challenges, but they often change... so... What is your dream goal outfit?Kim, Iím right there with you. A nice t-shirt and jeans is all Iím aiming for. Iím also going to add that Iíd love to get into some awesome business shirts for work. At the moment I feel like everything I wear is very plain because I just canít find stylish business wear.

So, I ended up going on the date and even surprised myself. I was incredibly relaxed and had a nice time. My friend was right, he was most definitely a nice guy just not what Iím ultimately after. It was good to just put myself out there and dip my toe back into the dating world.

shasha12
01-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Peanut! glad you had fun on your date, and i think it’s incredible that you were able to have a good time even though you recognized that he’s not for you!

southerbelle, YUM holy crap that taco sounds amazing! mmm i’m hungry haha

laura, have fun on vacation! hope it’s successful for ya, eating-wise!

kim, thanks for keeping the thread alive and kicking with you’re kind personals and daily questions, etc! too sweet.

Sunday & Monday Question~ I've asked this in previous challenges, but they often change... so... What is your dream goal outfit? a sexy, clingy lil sundress! jeans and a t shirt! skirts and t shirts! omg i can’t’ wait till clothes look good on me again :D

girlonfire
01-24-2011, 12:45 PM
What is my dream outfit? Honestly...some sexy lingerie. I know that sounds weird, but I would love to wear some sexy lingerie and look GREAT in it!

katylil
01-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Kim - I usually have mixed veggies and a piece of fish, stirfried in a bit of soy sauce and and some salt and pepper. Pretty basic, but it's good and quick for when I get in from lectures and can't be bothered to get technical with my cooking!

Sunday & Monday Question~ I've asked this in previous challenges, but they often change... so... What is your dream goal outfit?
My dream is to be able to wear a pair of skinny jeans and a fitted T-shirt with ballet flats and look absolutely FABULOUS. Simple and stunning is my motto! Hahaha

My housemates and I are having a complete detox week. No alcohol, early nights and good food. Hopefully it will kick-start me back into action and losing the pounds!!
Today I had porridge for breakfast, couscous and veg for lunch and I just finished my dinner which was a piece of fish cooked in a spoonful of low-fat curry sauce from a jar accompanied by a green salad with no dressing :)
Also done a full 3h of dance and a very physical acting lesson, so very pleased! Now to veg out and get some coursework done...

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!!! :)

Matilda08
01-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Hello team just stopping in to say HOWDY!!! Its a busy time fore me but you guys are in my heart:)

JLNichols07
01-25-2011, 05:20 PM
I know this is Sunday and Mondays question but I'm a little late. LOL. I've been so busy w/ school work and a bunch of other stuff and haven't really been keeping you ladies updated! Sorry :( But all yall have been doing such a wonderful job! So keep up the hard work.

I've asked this in previous challenges, but they often change... so... What is your dream goal outfit? I know this seems a little vain and it's not an outfit but I have NEVER felt comfortable in a swimsuit. So my draem goal is to be able to wear a swimsuit without having my fat stomach hang over! LOL. I know I will never be able to wear a two piece due to have 2 babies and stretchmarks. But maybe a tankini? Well hopefully! Anyone know or expierenced someone auctually looking nice in a two-piece who had stretchmarks previously? If so maybe I will be able to get into a two piece! LOL. Who knows!

As for my calories..I have been doing excellent. Like I TOLD one of the threads I have been expierencing some minor chest pains w/ shortness of breath & coughing. I went to the doctor and they can't seem to find nothing wrong with me. So maybe a pulled muscle in my chest or acid reflux? It's lasted the past few days and I'm really hoping it goes away shortly so I can't get back to my cardio exercising instead of the yoga and light execising!

katylil
01-25-2011, 05:41 PM
JLNichols - yay for the good calorie counting, not so yay for the chest pains :/ hope you get it sorted out soon!!!

Been really good today! Porridge for breakfast, tomato soup and two crackers for lunch and couscous, veg and chicken (cooked in a little olive oil, some lemon juice and cracked black pepper). Just had 2 custard creams (biscuits) with my two housemates to go with our cups of tea, but I counted it into my calorie allowance so it's all good :)

Also we had a good fast walk/jog to lectures this morning (not intentional, we were running very late!!!) so very pleased with myself.

It's very quiet on here lately...hope everyone's OK!! <3

shasha12
01-25-2011, 06:28 PM
I know this seems a little vain and it's not an outfit but I have NEVER felt comfortable in a swimsuit. So my draem goal is to be able to wear a swimsuit without having my fat stomach hang over! ...
Anyone know or expierenced someone auctually looking nice in a two-piece who had stretchmarks previously?

TOTALLY an outfit, not vain at all, and I second this! I don’t think it’s ridiculous to want to feel comfortable in something so skimpy that you wear in front of the entire world!

I think stretch marks are the kind of thing that no one else really cares about. Almost everyone has them, they shrink and lighten with time, and if the stomach is flat and flab-less I say go for it! I bet you’re going to end up looking great :D

katylil, glad you’re on track! sounds like a great day food and exercise-wise. ya, this thread is a little dead-ish! I guess we’re a bunch of busy ladies.

southernbelle102
01-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Katylil - yummy... now I am craving some hot tomato soup :) Good job staying on plan!

JLNichols - I can't wait to be able to wear a swimsuit proudly again too!!

chloe - looking sexy in lingerie is a great goal :)

Peanut - Yay for you going out on the date!! Just take it slowly and on your terms... and have a great time with whoever you go out with!

Kim - hope you are doing well... and hope that casserole was yummy!

Laura - hope your trip is great!

Matilda - hi! hope you are doing well!

Shasha - hope your week is going well!

everyone else - hi!! Hope its a great week!!:D

I had some yummy chicken shawarma and hummus tonight for dinner and then went for a 2 mile walk (and actually jogged some...) Down 2 lbs today... :D

oOPeanutOo
01-25-2011, 10:59 PM
shasha12 Ė Hey!! I love that your goal outfit is EVERYTHING.

chloekinsicle Ė You had me confused for a second, I was like ďwhoís thatĒ.. Haha. I like the name change though.

katylil Ė How is the detox coming along? Are you all still on plan with that?

Matilda08 - :wave:

JLNichols07 Ė A swimsuit is definitely an outfit. Sorry to hear about the chest pains, thatís horrible. Are you doing any better now?

southernbelle Ė Ummm, whatís Chicken Shawarma?? My culinary skills are kinda lacking.

Kim Ė Howís your Grandpa doing?

Well, itís Wednesday for me and Australia Day to boot which means PUBLIC HOLIDAY!!! We should always get a day off in the middle of the week. I just got home from a BBQ which was fab. I left before dessert as I knew I would have too much trouble saying no.

Hope everyone else is good!!

southernbelle102
01-26-2011, 01:58 AM
Peanut - Chicken shawarma is a greek and lebanese way of preparing chicken. It is so yummy... very flavorful and super garlicky. Love it.

KimL1214
01-26-2011, 01:10 PM
southernbelle102~ Garlicky, mmmmmm, recipe? :D You're doing amazing!!!

oOPeanutOo~ How is your holiday treating you? Grandpa has finally been diagnosed with full blown pneumonia, which we all knew he had since Sunday, but they kept saying that his lungs were clear... then *magically* his lungs filled with fluid just yesterday.

katylil~ Awesome job with food and exercise!!! How is your detox week going?

JLNichols07~ Any idea what's causing the chest pains yet?

shasha12~ I wish I could get on more! You have a lot of goal outfits, that's great!

chloekinsicle~ Sexy lingerie does not sound weird at all! I can't wait until it looks good on me too!

Wednesday Question~ Do you have a favorite healthy crockpot recipe? Care to share?

I just made this the other night... AMAZING!

Ziti Ratatouille

1 lg. eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 1 1/2lbs.)
2 Med. Zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 green or red pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces*
1 lg. onion Chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 jar (about 24 oz.) marinara sauce
2 cans (about 14 oz. each) diced tomatoes w/garlic and onions, undrained
1 can (6 oz.) pitted black olives, drained**
1 package (8 oz.) ziti noodles
Lemon Juice (optional)
Shredded Parmesan Cheese (Optional)

* I used both peppers
** I don't like black olives, so I omitted those...

1. Combine eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper(s), onion, garlic, marinara sauce and tomatoes with juice in crock-pot slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 4 1/2 hours.
2. Stir in olives and pasta and cook 25 minutes more. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.

Serving size 1 1/2 Cups, Calories 275, Total Fat 7g, Sat. Fat 1 g, Protein 8g, Carb. 47g, Cholesterol 2 mg, Dietary Fiber 7g, Sodium 692 mg

This week has really been dragging for me. I've really been battling with motivation this week, and I'm not exactly sure why. I'm trying to use the WW ap on my iPhone more now so I can see how bad some foods are for me before I put them in my mouth... problem is, when I know something is really bad... I don't check it... BAD KIM, BAD KIM!!! I'm guessing it has to do with the emotional toll of watching my grandfather slowly die, but I should be stronger then this. I'm just really glad this challenge is on right now because I would probably do a complete face plant if not...

katylil
01-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Kim - I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandad :( stay strong! Considering the emotional strain you must be under, you're doing so well! We're all here for you :) PS. that ratatouille sounds awesome! Definitely going to try that this week. Maybe as a Friday dinner for my housemates...We'll see :)

Shasha (and Kim) - the detox is going well!!! Haven't gone out or touched any alcohol since Sunday and don't intend to drink again til at LEAST next week. Though to be honest, I've been feeling way more...ALIVE since I stopped. It's weird. Cos usually I'm out and drinking two or three times a week (student life...) but I really didn't think that holding off completely would make such a difference. Maybe it's not the alcohol, and just the fact that I'm finally catching up on my sleep properly, but whatever it is, it feels good! :)

SouthernBelle - that chicken sounds goooood! Could you maybe possibly post the recipe? I lvoe garlicky things and would love to try it out! :)

Peanut - well done on resisting dessert!! It's good that you know what temptations you can't handle and doing the simple but effective thing that is removing yourself/them completely from the equation :)

Again managed to stay on plan today. Porridge for B, couscous and chicken for L, WW meal and peas for D. Had my little treat in the shape of a KitKat. Probably could have gone without it, but I took part in a vocal masterclass which involved me singing a duet about sisters and then (consequently) bawling my eyes out in front of all 50 of my peers, as well as 2 senior lecturers. Joys... So I really wanted some chocolate. And as I've been so good, I let myself have it as my treat of the day :)

Love to you all!

shasha12
01-26-2011, 02:35 PM
shasha12 Ė Hey!! I love that your goal outfit is EVERYTHING.
:D thanks! how lovely to have a little break this week!

southernbelle, LOVE shawarma!

kim, yum! that recipe sounds amazing. iím so, so sorry about your grandfather. thatís a very difficult thing to deal with iím sure. my motivation would be sapped too.

katy, so glad youíre on plan still! ur kicking some butt!! i may have missed something, but why did singing make you cry?? :hug:

i made the silly mistake of grocery shopping last night on an empty stomach. needless to say i made some poor decisions for dinner and went over my calories by about 500. which is what i need to eat for maintenance. oopsy. ok back on plan today!

katylil
01-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Shasha - don't worry too much about going over the top, just make sure you get back on plan again today and you'll be fine! :) singing in musical theatre is always very emotional because you have to tell the audience the story and make them feel what your character is feeling through the music and your voice. The song my friend and I were singing is from Little Women. Just before Beth (the younger sister) dies. I havent seen my little sister in a long while and won't see her again for another long while (we live in different countries), and it just hit me hard I guess. Plus I get plagued with nerves when I sing in front of people and I was very unhappy with what my voice was doing at the time...so it just kinda combined into me bawling like a child for a good quarter of an hour really :/ the important thing is that even though I came home feeling like sinking into a massive bowl of cheesy pasta, I didn't. So hooray for that! :) bright side to everything and all that...

southernbelle102
01-26-2011, 08:20 PM
I actually bought the shawarma from a greek and lebanese restaurant here in town. I am sure there a lot of yummy recipes on the internet though :)

girlonfire
01-27-2011, 02:46 AM
Hey team, I guess this is good a place as any to get some help/support. I can't seem to stop overeating and bingeing! It's making me gain weight like crazy and everyday I tell myself I *can* stop, I am the only one putting the food in my mouth, but each time I find myself going back. What is wrong with me?

I guess I am just saying that I really need some help. Words of encouragement, support, anything. I would say a nice kick in the butt, but I am doing a pretty good job of giving myself one. Any good tips on beating the horrible binge monster? I don't want to let my team down! :(

oOPeanutOo
01-27-2011, 03:23 AM
southernbelle Ė Thanks for explaining that.. One of these days Iíll get more skills in the kitchen.

KimL1214 Ė My day off was great. I spent the afternoon following the BBQ is PJs just bumming around so it was exactly what I needed. I hate how Doctors canít give a straight answer and not pick up on things like that. Hopefully theyíve at least started some treatment to help him breathe easier with the Pneumonia. Donít beat yourself up about being off plan, you have bigger things to worry about.

shasha12 Ė Did you jump back on plan today?

ferretgirl Ė Where are you hiding??

chloekinsicle Ė First of all, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with you! Just take a step back and work out why youíre making the choice to eat certain foods. Is it stress, are you tired, bored perhaps? If any of those apply you can find a substitute activity rather than eating. Stressed Ė Go for a walk. Tired Ė Jump in bed early. Bored Ė Do you have a friend you can call? I always find that when I distract myself it helps with the thoughts of wanting to eat.
What types of food are you binging on? If itís Chocolate/Chips and bad snacky stuff then try and keep those things out of the house. You can still eat them in moderation but just donít have them laying around as it makes them easy to grab.
Most of all, stay positive!! We all have slip ups but you have the willpower to change this habit.

KimL1214
01-27-2011, 01:12 PM
oOPeanutOo~ How is your day back to work?

chloekinsicle~ I'm having similar problems right now. The biggest change I've been trying to make is to chug a bunch of water, before I put a bite of food in my mouth. You'll get through this!

southernbelle102~ I'm searching!!!

shasha12~ I have made that mistake a few times before, everything looks good when my tummy is empty. Grab a water bottle right off and try to drink some while you're shopping...

katylil~ The ratatouille is really good, problem with my house is that I'm the only person who will eat it, so I have to freeze it afterwards and the texture is a little weird when it thaws.

Thursday Question~ No Crockpot recipes!!?? Let's try a regular healthy recipe... Care to share?

Chicken Tetrazzini

Ingredients

12 oz. uncooked spaghetti
2 tbsp. light stick butter
1 (8 oz.) package presliced mushrooms
3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
2 (10.75 oz.) cans condensed 45% reduced-sodium, 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup (such as Healthy Request), undiluted
2 Cups reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Cooking Spray
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
Chopped Fresh Parsley

1. Preheat oven 350 degrees
2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
3. While pasta cooks, melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and saute 4 minutes or until tender.
4. Combine pasta, mushrooms, chopped chicken, and next 3 ingredients.
5. Pour chicken mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Yield 9 Servings (serv. size: 1 Cup)
Calories 370, Fat 12.5g, Protein 24g, Carb 38.6g, Fiber 1.9g, Chol. 76mg, Iron 2mg, Sodium 392mg, Calcium 193 mg.

Gotta run for lunch... which I'm eating the above!!!

ferretgirl
01-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi chicks.. sorry haven't been on.. we've been sick.. First kiddo, then me, then bf.. Kiddo seems fine now, I still have a "gunky cough" (if that makes sense) and bf is still sick at home. So I haven't worked out in over a week and probably lost over 2 lbs last week from being sick. Looks like I beat my V-day goal weight of 115 lbs, since I weighed-in at 114 today (not sure what number will do after I feel better). Big sister said to cut down on the cardio and increase the ab-work at this point.. I think she's right, since pound-wise, I'm where I want to be, but I'm still squishy (stomach/thighs)..

Extremely late replies:

Kim: I'm sorry about your ear and hope it heals up soon. Hope you're doing ok.

Peanut: Glad you went on your date. At least you made a friend out of it, right?

southernbelle: Congrats on fitting into your college shirts :) Hope you're feeling better now. That fish taco recipe sounds good!

What is your dream goal outfit? A short dress or skirt.. A bikini!! I also like shasha's "sexy, clingy, lil sundress" and chloe's "sexy lingerie" ideas.

JLNichols: About stretchmarks, all I can say is EVERYONE has them. Even men, even skinny-minis.. I'm sure everyone over 21 has them on hips/butt/thighs (women) or hips/butt/back of legs or arms (men). In a standup, comedian Katt Williams said "A real (man) don't give a (beep) about no (beep)-in stretch marks".. hehe.. I liked and remembered that one ;)

Found a good article (http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20397988_20338076_20729070,00.html) last week.. has good food and exercise tips and even includes an ab-workout for each week (3 weeks). One requires a balance ball, but you can actually do it without (standing curved like a bow while keeping your balance). Hope everyone's doing ok.. I'm about to push through this sickness and workout anyways.. today or Monday for sure!

girlonfire
01-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Hmmmmm a recipe I like? I like to boil Ramen noodles (without the sauce packet) and throw some grilled/boiled veggies on top (I like mushrooms, cabbage, carrots, and maybe a little meat) that are cooked in rice vinegar and add some Sriracha hot sauce. Yummmm.

katylil
01-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Haven't got much time (I HATE overdue assignments) but wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm down 2lb this week! which brings me back to the weight I was pre-holidays. Hooray! :D

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

oOPeanutOo
01-28-2011, 09:50 PM
KimL1214 Ė Work was busy when I made it back. I was loving the day off in the middle of the week but sadly I was playing catch up for Thursday & Friday. You always have awesome recipes that I want to test out!

ferretgirl - :wave: Sucks about all the sickness running through your family. Hopefully that horrible cough goes away quickly. Great article btw. I have one of those swiss balls so could even test out some of the ab exercises.

katylil Ė Good Luck with the assignments and Congrats on being down 2lbs!!

Itís Saturday for me already and I had a very large Friday night. My scale gave me a scary number when I dragged my butt out of bed so hopefully it goes back down by weigh in.

girlonfire
01-30-2011, 02:27 PM
So according to my "official" weigh-in, I've only lost .4 pounds, but considering that I gained almost 4 during the week, that is really good news!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

oOPeanutOo
01-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Great Job Chloe, especially seeing as you were having the bingeing problems earlier in the week.

How is everyone else travelling? Happy with weigh-in or not so much?

JLNichols07
01-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Hey everything. Thanks for the nice comments about the stretchmarks lol. And i REALLY hope everyone is having a great Monday. I have been lounging around all day watching a Grey's Anatomy marathon...and then I did a 52 minute work out ...I've stayed within my calorie range today and have managed to get 8 glasses of water in today.

As for the shortness of breath and chest pains. It's still here. I go to the doctor next Tuesday again and we'll see what he has to say about it. It went away for a few days and then came back so who knows. The chest pains only happen when I lift my arms up and I think I have pulled a muscle or something..and the shortness of breath who knows because the immediate care I went to said my oxygen levels were good and everything looks fine so I'll get a 2nd opinion from my MD....soon! :)

JennieLovesKisses
01-31-2011, 11:36 PM
Hey everyone, hope all are doing well so far this week. I haven't been on to chat much, but I'm doing okay. Last week was kinda crazy, birthday stuff going on and weight was bouncing up and down. I'm finally back down again and hit 146.0 this morning, even saw 145.6 & 145.8 a couple times. I'm hoping this sticks, I'm so ready to hit goal. I have been thinking a lot about my goal throughout this journey and now that I am so close to it and have seen how my body has changed, I am considering changing it and possibly try to lose another 20lbs, making my Goal Weight to 120lbs - that would be a total weight loss of 180lbs on my part. Weight loss has definitely slowed down, but I have my whole life to get there. :)

oOPeanutOo
02-01-2011, 11:17 PM
JLNichols07 Ė Sorry that youíre still suffering with those chest pains! Hopefully your Doctor can give you some insight as to whatís causing this!

JennieLovesKisses Ė Congratulations on being super close to goal.

If Iíve ever needed a reason not to go off plan Iíve finally found one. I was spending time with a girlfriend last night and she had a massive craving for McDonalds. I havenít touched McDonalds since August 2010 so figured I could have a bit of a cheat day without going overboard. I just went for the small meal whereas before I probably could have eaten twice as much. Less than 10 minutes after eating it I started to feel sick and ending up throwing up, followed by a horrible allergic reaction and rash. My face swelled up so badly that I could barely see. Absolutely horrible experience but at least I wonít be wanting McDonalds ever again.

southernbelle102
02-02-2011, 01:48 AM
Oh my gosh, Peanut!! Are you ok?? What do you think it was that you were reacting to?

katylil
02-02-2011, 04:25 AM
Bloody **** Peanut!! That's a reason not to go off track if I ever heard one!! :/ Hope you're OK!!!!

JennieLovesKisses - you are SO close to Goal! I'm excited for you! :D you motivate me so much...you're amazing! :)

JLNichols - hope your chest pains gets sorted! :)

I've got a new mini-goal to work for. We're performing CABARET (the musical) at university this term, which means that at the beginning of april I'll be prancing around on stage in suspenders/stockings and skimpy outfits...it's two months away, so I've set myself a goal of 1st (14lbs) loss by then :)
Also, we had auditions for the main parts yesterday...and I got a recall for Sally Bowles (Liza Minelli's part in the film version) today!! I'm terrified byt so excited!! After the disaster of last week's singing class, this is a massive confidence boost for me and I'm happy even if I don't get the part :) and if I do it'll be even more of an incentive to lose the weight!!!!!

Hoep everyone's having a good week! :)

Matilda08
02-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Howdy team!! No time for personals but Im wishing you guys a great week. So far im doing great this week. Good lu ck with weigh in

LauraLovesWeims
02-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi Ladies!

I'm back from vacation. I totally whiffed on putting in my weigh-in on Sunday. We got back from the airport in the evening, and I fell asleep... I stepped on the scale Monday morning to see what the damages were. Somehow I managed to maintain. I'm really happy about that considering that I ate a little more than I should have while gone.

The vacation was awesome! The wedding was beautiful, and we had tons of fun all week. We did lots of swimming in the ocean, went para-sailing, and did some kayaking in the ocean.

I'm glad to be back home and back on plan. I've actually had a nice whoosh since Monday. That's always nice! Now I've got about a thousand pictures to process for my sister-in-law. I was the official wedding photographer for this event. I'll have to post a couple!

JLNichols07
02-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Hey everyone. Just got a 31 minute workout in and it was awesome..Im going to try to get JM workout in tonight before bed but we'll see! Going light on dinner and have massive homework to do :) Other than that I hope everyone is staying warm/safe thats around the snow and ice and the ones that aren't ..YOUR so lucky! Have an awesome Wednesday/ Thursday!

southernbelle102
02-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Just thought I would share an updated pic... 123 lbs down and counting :)

girlonfire
02-02-2011, 11:51 PM
katylil- ooh I hope you get the part! That's a fantastic role. I used to do theatre in high school, so I know how nerve-wracking it can be. Break a leg at your callback!

laura- Oooh vacation I am so jealous! We are buried under tons of snow and ice out here in the Midwest, so I must live vicariously through people in warm places :lol:

JlNichols- congrats on getting a workout in! Our gym has been closed down and you literally can't go anywhere without slipping and falling on your behind (2 inches of ice!), so I am going a little stir crazy. Putting on the pandora dance station and bopping around my room has been my exercise.

southernbelle- WOW! You look hot missy! 120 lbs is nothing to sneeze at...I hope I can make a post like yours soon.

As for me, today has been absolutely insane. I can't go anywhere and being cooped up inside my house all day is seriously making me crazy. Doesn't help that my housemates and I watched The Shining last night to celebrate our snow day (followed of course by Teen Mom). I have been chugging water like MAD because I have a little medical problem that requires me to drink tons of water. I have gone through 4 waterbottles already! My weight had a nice whoosh before going back up due to my infection causing massive water retention.

Yeesh, sorry for the novel! I guess I am in a chatty mood today. Hope all of you dealing with this weather can escape soon :)

KimL1214
02-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Hey ladies! I know I'm insanely late with stats this week... the storm slammed us Tuesday and Wednesday, so I haven't been able to get to a computer until today as power has been an issue! I'm staying late after school today to get everyone's stats done, so they should be up later this afternoon! Sorry again for being late!

southernbelle102
02-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks so much, Chloe!

KimL1214
02-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Next challenge sign ups are here... (Click me!) (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/224808-20-somethings-tbl-sliding-into-spring-challenge-sign-ups.html)

KimL1214
02-04-2011, 03:41 PM
chloekinsicle~ How are you feeling?

southernbelle102~ 123lbs. :dancer::dancer::dancer: !!!

JLNichols07~ How did your Wednesday/Thursday go? Great job getting your workout in!!!

LauraLovesWeims~ Maintaining while on vacation? That's awesome!!!

oOPeanutOo~ Yikes!!! Ever find out what you were allergic to? Weigh in for me this week almost had the scale flying out the window... of course when I weighed in Monday morning, I was 2lbs. down...

Matilda08~ How is your week going?

katylil~ I'm so excited for you!!! Any news on the part yet?

JennieLovesKisses~ 180lbs. :carrot::carrot::carrot: !!!

ferretgirl~ How are you feeling?

Sorry I've been MIA for so long ladies. Between all the stuff going on with my family and the crazy weather lately, I haven't had much time to do anything for myself. I posted the new sign ups for the next challenge, I know I'm a little early, but I wanted to give everyone lots of time to get signed up. Unfortunately I don't have long to talk, but I will be getting on this weekend to check in with everyone, get some questions up and give an update on how I'm doing!
Happy Friday everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

southernbelle102
02-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Had a nice sized whoosh today... now at 254... 126 lbs down :) I knew it was coming and was trying to practice patience about the non moving scale.. haha. Glad to see it go down again!

katylil
02-04-2011, 07:41 PM
I GOT IT!!!!!! :D

Eeeek eeeek eeeeeeeeek!!!!!!! I still can't actually believe it!! The callback went ridiculously well and I was so happy with myself. I knew I coldnt have done any better so even if I didn't get the part I was gonna be OK, BUT I GOT IT!!!!!!!! :D

Now I have a very definitive Goal set: one stone (14lbs) loss from now to the show which is beginning of April. I have two months and I am DETERMINED to do this!!!

Also had a job interview today to work in a summer camp over summer (which went really well) and I have a date on Monday with this guy I've been chatting to for a while. Kinda scares me that things are going so right in my life right now because it must mean that something bad's gonna happen soon right? :S

Been awful with food today. I only found out about the casting yesterday and my friends made it their mission to get me stupidly drunk. I can't even recall everything I drank but I know I've eaten toast, mcdonalds and an egg and bacon sandwich today....URGH. Soup and veg tomorrow I think!

Hope everyone's having an AWESOME weekend! :)

oOPeanutOo
02-05-2011, 01:18 AM
southernbelle – Lookin’ good!!! It’s been a total transformation since your first photo. You should be so proud of yourself.

katylil – CONGRATULATIONS. That’s excellent news. I’m sure you’ll wow the audience.

Kim – The Doc said it must have been a food additive but I haven’t been back to get any further tests yet.

I have no news girls, sorry!! I’m still unwell but am on the mend. Hopefully I’ll be back and chatting next week.

southernbelle102
02-05-2011, 05:03 AM
Thanks, ladies!

I have been blacking out and getting really dizzy lately. I thought that maybe it was vertigo (sice I do suffer with that ocassionally). However it just kept getting worse and worse. My friend mentioned that it could be low blood pressure. I have been medicated for very high bp for years now so I didn't think that could be possible(even with my weight loss). I went ahead and checked it though... and it was 90 over 50 . I checked the charts and that is actually hypotension #s... yikes!! Needless to say, I am not taking my meds tonight and am making an appt with my doctor asap. I am so excited that this could mean that I don't need medication anymore!! (yay for weight loss actually positively affecting my health!) And, I am also glad that I didn't wait until my bp got so low that it was a real problem. Hopefully the fainting and dizziness will go away very soon!!

JLNichols07
02-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Chloe: Sorry about your gym being closed due to the ice. Hope it all melts away soon. But dancing can be a good source of working out! LOL
Kim: It's okay we understand! This weather sucks. I'll be so glad when spring gets here.
Southern: Yay for the whoossh! And good luck with your dizziness! That sucks so bad...and 90/50 thats dangerous make sure you keep an eye on that!
Katy: Congrats girl! And you can so do 14 pounds before April!
Peanut: Sorryyy about feeling bad :( I hope you get better soon!

Hey Everyone! Today has been a good day. So far I have got 1 of my workouts done and am about to start up my 2nd one for the day. I was a little below my calories but oh well..I guess it's better than being over right? Took an Anatomy test this morning and made and 86% which is a B ...and I'm okay with that ..I was really hoping for an A but I will take what I can get I guess. Hoping for a good weighin in the morning so I can post it proudly on here! :)

JennieLovesKisses
02-06-2011, 06:59 PM
This morning read 144.0lbs! I also took my measurements and saw a total loss of 2.25inches since last week, which is awesome.

Todays Measurements:
02/06/2011 - Neck: 12; Bicep: 10.5; Forearm: 8.25: Chest: 35: Waist: 26: Hips: 36: Thigh: 19.5; Calf: 14

KimL1214
02-06-2011, 10:08 PM
JennieLovesKisses~ CONGRATULATIONS!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

JLNichols07~How did your workouts go?

southernbelle102~ That would be so awesome if you no longer need your bp meds!!! Congrats on 254!!!

oOPeanutOo~ I hope you feel better soon :hug:

katylil~ YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you!!!

Sunday & Monday question~ Last week of our challenge! Have you seen the success you hoped for? If yes, what was the biggest change you made to help you see that success? If no, what will you change for the next challenge? Will we see you in the next challenge?

So I didn't see the success I had hoped for, but am happy that while I didn't lose much, I did lose a little and was able to avoid a gain. I will be more consistent with my workouts in the next challenge!

My grandfather is unfortunately getting worse, which is causing some insane chaos at my house. To top things off I had some serious bleeding coming out of the wrong end last week (gross, yes). So, needless to say, I had some testing done and they came up with the possibility of my having Crohns Disease, along with finding a tumor in my lower intestines that I have to have checked out in more detail. Hopes are that it is benign, so cross your fingers. Guess it's one of those when it rains, it pours kind of year... Hopefully I can chalk it up to just January and February and things start looking up soon. I'm so happy for these challenges because I feel like they are the only things keeping me from getting out of control!

KimL1214
02-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Where is everyone???

This week has been a lot more successful food wise, but I have yet to get any exercise in. Until I find out what's going on with my intestines, I'm not supposed to do anything that puts any kind of strain on my body. Makes things interesting, but I'm doing surprisingly well all things considered. Biggest issue right now is that I've only gotten 10 hours of sleep in the last three nights. So my goal for the rest of this week is to make sure that I get at least 6 hours/night, with a challenge of trying to hit 8 hours/night. I'm guessing it's just the stress, but at some point I would think that my body would get so tired that I would finally be able to get some real sleep.

ANYWAYS! I was psyched to finally see a different number on the scale this week! I'm down 2lbs. and hoping to crank out at least 1, if not 2 more by the final weigh in!

Anything new and exciting going on with anyone? Any ideas or suggestions for the next challenge?

oOPeanutOo
02-09-2011, 09:06 PM
southernbelle102 Ė Did you manage to make it to the doctor in order to get the BP issue sorted?

JLNichols07 Ė Congrats on the 86%, a B is an awesome mark so be proud of that.

JennieLovesKisses Ė Congratulations!

KimL1214 Ė Wow, youíve had a lot going on. I have my fingers crossed for you as well. Hopefully it definitely turns out to be benign. When will you know more? Are you handling the news okay?

Sunday & Monday question~ Last week of our challenge! Have you seen the success you hoped for? If yes, what was the biggest change you made to help you see that success? If no, what will you change for the next challenge? Will we see you in the next challenge?
Yeah, I know, weíre well past Monday (Itís Thursday for me) but Iím answering anyway. This challenge has been far from successful for me. Iíve been struggling to eat the right foods and I seem to have as many bad days as good which cancels out any efforts Iíve been making. I definitely need to get my mindset right for the next challenge and stop giving this the half-a**ed approach. I know what needs to be done so itís just a matter of knuckling down and seeing this through. Hopefully Iíll be seeing some of you ladies in the next challenge!!

JennieLovesKisses
02-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Sunday & Monday question
Have you seen the success you hoped for? If yes, what was the biggest change you made to help you see that success? If no, what will you change for the next challenge? Will we see you in the next challenge?

I have had the success I hoped for and more. I always amaze myself with how far I can push myself in workouts and even though the diet portion of this journey has always been the toughest thing for me to overcome, I take it one day at a time and try not to sweat the small stuff. I am only a couple pounds away from my goal weight, the weight I have been dreaming about reaching since the start - 2 years agos. Some things I want to change about my goals in our next challange: focus more on NSV goals rather than weight goals. I would love to lose a bit more weight, but that will happen as I go...its much more important to me at this point in my journey to tone up and start incorporating better eating and exercise habits. A new thing I'm going to start trying to do is make and try a new food everyweek!

southernbelle102
02-10-2011, 05:44 AM
peanut - yep, I got it sorted out :)

kim - hope everything turns out well! I am sorry you are having to deal with so much right now. Take care of yourself!!

Jennie - I am also focusing a lot more now on my food (the quality and cleanness of it) and my exercise. I still have a good bit to go on the weight loss but with as quick as it has come off, I've found myself in the place where I really need to focus on long term goals with food and exercise sooner than I thought I would have to. Good luck!!

hope everyone else is doing well too!!:hug:

katylil
02-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Thank you everyone! :D

Kim - Sounds like you're going through a really rough patch...props to you for keeping up your diet though and not goign to pieces! :) hope the problems with your intestines isn't too serious and gets sorted soon!

Jennie - you are SO freaking close! Such an inspiration! :)

Peanut - re: your Monday question. I'm in the exact same way! This challenge has helped me get back to where I was before the Christmas holidays, but now I need to knuckle down and get serious about it for the next one. I've been on this plateau for way too long! Only way to go is down :)

I'm very happy with how everything's going right now :) We had our first day of rehearsals for the show on Tuesday and I abso-freaking-lutely loved it. We basically spent the entire morning and afternoon session dancing and learning the choreography sequence for the opening number (which includes me being lifted in the air by two guys - another good reason to lose the weight!!!), so lots of exercise there!

I also decided to start calorie-counting again, as that's what kept me on track over the summer when I first started losing. I joined My Fitness Pal as I love how extensive their food database is and the fact that includes how much protein/carbs/fat is in them and you can count those as well :)

I've started on a 1200 calorie allowance and have so far managed to stay just beneath that number, same as with my carb count, and have gone over my protein (which is what I was aiming for). I like that I can let myself have treats (had a small bag of maltesers this morning between lectures) and just count it in and then have soup and vegetables for dinner to make up for it! :)

Also massively proud of myself for yesterday. I went to dinner at Nando's and then to watch The Black Swan with my friends at the cinema. I looked up the Nando's menu online and decided I didnt have enough calories for any of it, so ate a load of veggies at home and just had diet coke at the restaurant. I didn't even steal a chip (french fry) off my friends! And I didnt get popcorn or sweets at the cinema!!!!! I'm taking it as a postive sign that I CAN DO THIS. I have never wanted anything so much in my life right now and I am losing this weight once and for good!

Hope everyone's having a good week! :)

Matilda08
02-10-2011, 04:09 PM
HELLO TEAM:):)

Havent been posting much but I am still very much in this challenge!! I hit a new low this week and wi at 220.0 the two teens are coming and I cant wait. Ive been working so hard. I hope you are all well. My busy life doesnt permitt many personals but team we can do it!!!

Matilda08
02-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Hit another new low today and wi at 218.8 Im so happy have a great weekend team!

KimL1214
02-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Matilda08~ Congrats!

katylil~ How is calorie counting going? I'm so happy for you that things are going well!!! When will the show be? Great job at the cinema!!!

southernbelle102~ Check out the individual stats :carrot::carrot::carrot:

JennieLovesKisses~ I like your new food idea! I did that with fruits for two months last fall, and discovered that I love a lot of different apples other then granny smiths!

oOPeanutOo~ Any plans on how you'll help yourself knuckle down for the next challenge?

So the Drs. have no idea what's going on now. I had my pre-op yesterday and after they did some more x-rays and an MRI, they discovered that the tumor has disappeared. Sooooo, I had to go to the big hospital in VT and have a full body scan in which I won't get the results back from until sometimes next week. At least this means I won't be spending my vacation recovering from surgery, although now I feel like I'm totally clueless as to what is going on...
UGH

I'm headed to my sisters for the weekend, but I will try to get on Sunday before weigh ins are due!

Transporter
02-11-2011, 02:42 PM
hey Kim,
I have been looking everywhere for the weigh in thread, i still want to remain in the competition and i will post my final weigh in tomorrow now that i found the thread again.

southernbelle102
02-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Thanks, Kim! That may be short lived.. haha! I am not hoping for much this week... TOM :(. I can't believe we have already made it through another challenge!! I can't even remember how many I have participated in now... Thanks so much for keeping them going!!! ps. good news on them not seeing a tumor!! I will be praying for good news for you!

oOPeanutOo
02-12-2011, 04:39 AM
Kim Ė Disappeared? Hopefully it was just a misdiagnosis on the Tumour front. At least thatís what Iíll cross my fingers for! When you say vacation, does this mean from just your school job or everything?

Southernbelle Ė I donít think even TOM can stop you from losing weight!! Youíve got it down pat :)

Ummm, next challenge Iím definitely going to go back to tracking absolutely everything. Iím also hoping to get back on a regular sleeping schedule and that should help with the need for a late night chocolate fix!

Hopefully Iíll end up on the same team as some of you girls next time around :)

Transporter
02-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Hopefully Iíll end up on the same team as some of you girls next time around :)

I hope im on your team :)

Transporter
02-12-2011, 03:12 PM
GO TEAM PINK! GO TEAM PINK!!!
Congrats on the final weigh in tomorrow!!!
Were all Winners in the end :hug::carrot::carrot::carrot:

JLNichols07
02-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Everyone is doing so well :) I'm so happy to have gotten to know a few of yall ladies and hope we are on the same teams for the next challenge :)

oOPeanutOo
02-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Transporter - Awww Thanks :)

JLNichols07 - Hopefully those chest pains & shortness of breath are under control now.

southernbelle102
02-13-2011, 04:14 AM
Peanut - Thanks for the vote of confidence!! I have lost 1 lb so far this week... as of Saturday. We will see what tomorrow brings at my weigh in :) I would be happy with any loss since it is TOM though... so 1 lb is A ok with me if it doesn't continue to go down :)

I know, I hope to see lots of familiar faces the next go round. I find it very motivating to keep up with some of the same people challenge after challenge! :D If we aren't on the same team next time and don't get to follow each other's progress ... good luck with your weight loss journey!!

katylil
02-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Can't believe it's the last day of the challenge!!!! :D this is definitely the first one where I've kept up with the chat thread and it's been great getting to know all you ladies! fingers crossed I'll see lots of you around in the next challenge!

Kim - hooray for the disappearance of the tumor but I hope you find out what it is soon! :)

Peanut - I need to sort my sleeping pattern out as well!!! Get some kind of order back into my life :)

Matilda - WELL DONE!!! :D so happy for you!!!

Calorie-counting is going good. I've been on track every day except Friday when I went completely insane. That's the only way I can describe the amount of junk I let pass my lips!!! We had a girly night-in/sleepover at my friend's and just ate and ate and ATE. Pizza, chips, chocolate, crisps, chicken nuggets, popcorn...absolutely ridiculous. But we had an amazing night and I ate soup, vegetables and an apple yesterday and walked for 2h, so I think I counteracted it OK. I woke up feeling really ill as well which hopefully will put me off enxt time I decide to do something as silly as that!

I can't wait til next Challenge! congrats to all of you, WE'RE ALL LOSERS!!! :)

girlonfire
02-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Sorry I have been so absent from this chat thread recently...it's been a REALLY busy week. Congrats to my whole team, you did excellently! I'm excited because I finished my first challenge!

JennieLovesKisses
02-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Well this challenge is at its end and I'm glad to say I lost 10lbs! WAY more than I had expected. :) Great job everyone!

Transporter
02-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Well this challenge is at its end and I'm glad to say I lost 10lbs! WAY more than I had expected. :) Great job everyone!

hey i checked out your youtube page and you look great!
I am currently 189 and in your older videos i believe in june? you were 189 and you definitely didn't look it! you looked much more petite than i do now hehe :o
Either way, in this challenge, and in general, you should be very proud of your progress, and i'm rooting for you.

Jennifer! :smug: (my name is jennifer too hehe)

JennieLovesKisses
02-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Thank you Transporter! I haven't been able to update my Youtube videos in a while do to my laptop being broken :( I'm hoping I can soon! Hehe my name actually isn't Jennifer its just Jennie :P

Transporter
02-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Thank you Transporter! I haven't been able to update my Youtube videos in a while do to my laptop being broken :( I'm hoping I can soon! Hehe my name actually isn't Jennifer its just Jennie :P

get that laptop fixed!! :hug:

JennieLovesKisses
02-14-2011, 02:57 AM
I was just going to buy a whole new one! Just waiting for a good deal to pop up. :)

Transporter
02-14-2011, 12:17 PM
I was just going to buy a whole new one! Just waiting for a good deal to pop up. :)

Macs are the best laptops..and their pretty pricey but i know a good site where you can get good deals, its worth checking out:
http://www.macofalltrades.com/Apple_Notebooks_s/5.htm

southernbelle102
02-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Yay for whooshes!! I woke up at 250 today :) I have officially lost 130 lbs so far!

Jennie - Love my I mac and macbook!!

Transporter
02-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Yay for whooshes!! I woke up at 250 today :) I have officially lost 130 lbs so far!

Jennie - Love my I mac and macbook!!

Congrats!!! i love whooshes!:carrot:

JennieLovesKisses
02-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Yeah I only have about a $1000 limit - I'm looking for something with a dedicated Video Card and at least 500MG memory...I do a lot of photography and photoshop art so I would need something capable of handing editing programs as well as games. I also need one with a good 3 year warrenty which is actually what a big chunk of cash goes toward. I'm really not in too too much of a hurry. My Boyfriend went to school for computers so he's been keeping and eye out for me.

southernbelle102
02-14-2011, 11:59 PM
The Macbook is just $999. I am a professional photographer and I LOVE editing on my Macs... I have an I mac with a big screen that I usually use, but my macbook works well for editing as well. Good luck finding what fits you best!

Thanks, Transporter!!

KimL1214
02-18-2011, 11:55 AM
In-Between Challenges Chat is here... (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/225744-20-somethings-tbl-between-challenges-chat.html)