Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-31-2010, 11:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

Default Remember: Actions vs. Words

Our goals are very similiar: to lose weight. We all have our individual ideas and plans to do so. But I hope our plans include the inevitable and that is the always knocking, always existing temptation. It's new years eve. It's time to celebrate yet another annual event and celebration in our culture involves food. Food isn't just our physical need. It's a social need too. So how are you going to resist temptation tonight? And what about the other holidays and events that good food is served at? Sure we are saying to ourselves that we are going to stick to our plans, but that's going to be one of the hardest things to do (especially in my case). How easy will it be to turn away some good beer or wine tonight? Candy for valentine's day? Easter dinners? Summer cookouts? Fourth of july bbqs? Birthday parties? Etc! I don't believe you should forbid a cookie once in a while. Be realistic.but once we have one we are going to want more and more. Discpline yourself. It's so terribly hard, but it's one of the keys to weight loss and getting healthy.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #2  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasiagurl91 View Post
I don't believe you should forbid a cookie once in a while. Be realistic.but once we have one we are going to want more and more. Discpline yourself. It's so terribly hard, but it's one of the keys to weight loss and getting healthy.
I completely agree with you. I need to give in sometimes and have a cookie, or something sweet, otherwise I'll go crazy...but it needs to be done in moderation. Discipline is key and it is so very difficult at times, but it is so worth it!!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:20 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Tonight's easy for me. We have a wonderful tradition of getting together with my brother's family and we eat shrimp cocktail, shrimp scampi, filet mignon, twice baked potatoes, and...um...squirrel. Never had the squirrel before! But basically I eat a small portion of all that meat equaling only a slightly larger than normal portion of protein for me.

And I don't drink.

However, yes, all holidays are food events to get through. I have survived over a year now by passing on those things that are just sort of good, like pumpkin pie and rolls, and indulging in tiny portions of that which I really love. So I may have a table spoon size portion of mashed potatoes, or one sausage/cheese/cracker, or two chips with dip. I concentrate on filling up at these events with the veggie trays or salad.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:44 PM   #4  

Not saying it will be easy -but I am off to a fab restaurant tonight where there will be 10 people in my group eating and drinking up a storm -and I will persevere!! This restaurant has a great menu for my program (low carb) - so I will enjoy a great salad,roasted veggies and organic roasted chicken. As long as I'm not hungry, I can do it (talking myself up for this challenge!!!)

I was going to add -WISH ME LUCK - but know that luck isn't the tool i'll need tonight -it's determination - and that I believe I have. One day at a time(or should I say 1 meal at a time??)
newbieblogger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:33 PM   #5  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I can honestly say I will be on plan this New Year. After making a whining post about how I have been feeling horrible about being off plan for two weeks, I am back on track and measuring my food again I don't have any New Years plans and we have decided not to make a big meal tomorrow. We are having a regular dinner of fish, salad and potato with no desert. I have had my fair share of junk already!
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote