General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

Default i created my own diet plan

I never follow diet trends. Its something about someone telling me what to eat and when to eat it that seems so completely pointless even if their advice is reasonable. I don't even follow recipes when cooking. I like to cook, I mean I love to cook! Someone just bought me a george foreman grill I never even thought to buy so I've been using that as part of my cooking healthier goal. I don't eat out much like I used to. I prefer cooking anyway. This is officially my day 2. So far I'm very motivated but the hardest is 2 weeks break thru like someone on here had told me on here. So instead of following a plan that I would have to mold myself in I came up with an idea that would suit me and that I'll less likely stick to. Yesterday I bought one of those little coolers u would take on camping trips. Nothing huge but it would fit into your fridge. Last night I made up what I will eat for the day ahead and put it all in that little cooler. I will eat nothing but what's in that cooler. Plus I will pay attention to when I will eat, every 3 hrs about. I have a bad habit of eating when I'm bored. One of the changes I'm making to my life. This cooler idea wil help me with my emotional eating and my portion control and I'm not starving myself.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:32 AM   #2  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Hi stasia,

I can relate to that, I have this rebellion thing going on a bit. On the other hand if you create it, then you know you can stick with it! Just careful with knowing that it is healthy and stuff because i have gotten wrong in the past with my own diets and had some painful consequences. So would you like to share what is the diet that you have created for yourself?
hope for recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:19 AM   #3  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Sounds like your off to a great start as you are making changes to adjust your habits. Another great thing your doing is COOKING for youreself. It helps that you enjoy cooking so you'll do it more!

Just one thing though...watch your sodium and calories. If you are going to be successful long term, you will need to know how many calories YOUR body needs daily to 1) lose, and 2) sustain. The only way to know this is to KNOW how many calories are in the foods you are eating and portion sizes you have chosen for yourself.

Lastly...I highly recommend that you measure your salt...do not "freehand" it, as too much salt WILL make you retain water and this is a discouragement while trying to lose. You should be shooting for under 2,000mgs/day.

I'm like you in that I don't follow a program...but I do count my calories, and so far this has worked very well for me. All the best!

P.S. - Below you'll find a pictures of approx 300-400 calorie meals and a single serving should look like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0148.jpg (47.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0150.jpg (43.6 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by joyfulloser; 12-31-2010 at 08:27 AM.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:31 AM   #4  

I love the cooler idea! Sounds like it will definitely help to get through that initial phase that can be so challenging. It takes 21 days to form a habit and healthy eating is no different.

Great tip, thanks for sharing! Good luck to you!!
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

I actually forgot about the calorie counting when I made up my cooler yesterday. I meant to do that. Count my calories while I'm filling my cooler and that way I'll have a set of daily calories and I won't have to worry about counting them tomorrow. I'm slowly making changes. I've been eating my cereal with almond milk. Plus adding raisins to my cereal. I had pasta the other night but whole wheat pasta and I bought whole wheat bread for my sandwiches but I was already doing that taste better. I like cottage cheese and add that to some fruit.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:53 AM   #6  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

That's GREAT...and YOU WILL see results with those small changes. Until you get your calorie counting in check, just use the size of your fist as a serving size guide for meats and your palm as a serving size guide for everything else!!! You'll get there soon enough...

BTW, when I started my journey in September 2010, I was walking my dog in my flip flops, running for a few seconds, and walking....now I run 12-15 miles per week (I've upgrading to running sneakers..haha!). Point is...we've all gotta start somewhere....

Much success!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations, stasia! It sounds like you have a great plan that you've tailored to your own needs...and that is what works best for lots of us...doing it our own unique way. I plan a week's worth of meals at a time and do my best to shop onlky once a week when I'm on plan. Fewer trips to the store means less gasoline, less money spent, less time spent shopping, and fewer temptations to go off plan. I also love to cook and I'm really glad that I can use spices and herbs to create flavor when I am not using fat, salt and sugar to make things taste "good". I've been trying new veggies ever since I started trying to lose weight and some are a lot better than I remembered ;-) Also, when I cook something, I measure out the portions and put each serving into a small plastic container in the fridge. There is no extra food left in anyt pans to tempt me to go back for seconds.

Happy New Year!
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote