Old 12-31-2010, 05:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/195/130

Height: 5'4

Default What has been your favorite at Home workout Prog?

Hi Everyone,
I am looking for a at home workout program that I can do at home anytime. Just pop the dvd and shoes and get moving... What I want to know is, what was/is your favorite at home workout program, i.e., beachbody, zumba, etc.. I have a 4 month old baby and a 6 year old and it's not always convenient for me to go to the gym. I am looking forward to starting this other chapter in my life.. Thanks for your anticipated imput

I should mention that I need something that is for beginners. This is my first time EVER to start a workout regimen and don't want to set my self up for failure..

Last edited by valencia2011; 12-31-2010 at 05:04 AM. Reason: explanation
valencia2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

this is a great question, I'd like to know what other people love as well. I'm starting a workout challenge soon and I'm looking for FUN workouts for home.. my goal for 2011 is to be physically fit, not just thin so that means some real exercise. I normally hate working out, I dread it etc but recently we bought singstar dance for our ps3 and the dancing is sooooooo much fun and you are sweating and moving and I was so sore the next day. Didn't feel like a workout at all but it must have been pretty good which now has me looking for more workouts like that There is a zumba for ps3 as well I'm gonna look into and a Get Fit With Mel B that looks pretty good. I typically use my stationary bike or treadmill but I have The Firm, Pilates, etc that I need to dust off and use again as well.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:28 AM   #3  

I'm not on weight watchers so I hope I can butt in. I personally love the Beachbody workouts. Turbo Jam is GREAT for someone just starting out and likes the dancey choreographed kickboxing type workout. Plus it has a strength and abs workout and lots of cardio to choose from. Minimal equipment so it's perfect for home. Turbo Fire is for the Turbo Jam graduate and is MUCH more intense but great. ChaLEAN Extreme is a weight lifting program and I love it but requires at least a few set of dumb bells or resistance bands and can start to take up a lot of space. But definitely worth it if you have the space. I tried Insanity which is exactly how the name implies, LOL. It's hard to stick with because it's SO hard. And Brazil Butt Lift is great too because it's not just lower body, it's a total program. Another great one for minimal space and equipment. And who can forget Shaun T and Hip Hop Abs! I personally think that one is great for beginners as well. Not much space or equipment needed and Shaun T is SOOO cute.

Hope that helps. There's also a forum on 3FC for all of those workouts and all sorts of other ones too.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:26 AM   #4  

Thanks galz... I had heard that the beach body workout prog was pretty cool. I think I may go on half or amazon, ebay etc to find it cheaper..
Thanks again galz...and happy new year!!!! let's shed these lbs!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #5  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I just finished the beginners level of Bop Harpers Yoga for wt loss. Woof, that was a work out. Plus easier for the old joints than a lot of fast paced jumping around.

I am going to get a belly dancing video too. I want to take the "work" out of workout.

I also thought I'd look around on you tube for some line dancing instructions, so I can put on the mp3 and just dance around.

If you get the Veria channel on tv they have yoga for life and a pilates show.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204.4/191/130

Height: 5'3

I love love LOVE Slim in 6. I have done it in the past with amazing results...and it whipped me in shape fast. I have the old program where the first part is much longer and harder...and I could not walk up stairs the day after my first workout. It's intense but it works and I would highly recommend it. When I lose a little weight, thats what I'm doing. For now, I'm using the Wii Fit to help get me moving again. Good luck with whatever you decide!!!
ready2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:36 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
I just finished the beginners level of Bop Harpers Yoga for wt loss. Woof, that was a work out. Plus easier for the old joints than a lot of fast paced jumping around.

I am going to get a belly dancing video too. I want to take the "work" out of workout.

I also thought I'd look around on you tube for some line dancing instructions, so I can put on the mp3 and just dance around.

If you get the Veria channel on tv they have yoga for life and a pilates show.
I have directv and have fitTV which is pretty cool. They have some really cool workouts, one that I recently tried was the belly dancing and it was really a workout but alot of fun. Good luck w/ the belly dancing videos
Old 01-03-2011, 04:38 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2Bthin View Post
I love love LOVE Slim in 6. I have done it in the past with amazing results...and it whipped me in shape fast. I have the old program where the first part is much longer and harder...and I could not walk up stairs the day after my first workout. It's intense but it works and I would highly recommend it. When I lose a little weight, thats what I'm doing. For now, I'm using the Wii Fit to help get me moving again. Good luck with whatever you decide!!!
ha, I had heard some not great reviews about slim in 6 but am going to have to think twice about this, now that you said it was great. I went on youtube to check out beachbody and liked it so I ordered it. I'll keep you guys posted on how I do... Good luck everyone!!!