WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for January, 2011

Tina
12-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Greetings! :)
This is a fantastic group and we welcome everyone who wants to share their highs and lows on the way to healthy living.
We have all weighed in on Thursdays at one time. Some of us do it ourselves or weigh on different days now.

I love the new program. I lost 2 pounds the first week. With Christmas, I've had struggles but am back on track now.
We also have a Weigh-In Results thread.

:flow1:

maureen kempster
12-30-2010, 01:10 PM
thanks for starting the new year post off Tina

Tina
12-30-2010, 01:55 PM
You are welcome, Maureen!

:newyear:

jar1965
12-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Hi ladies! Wow......can you believe tomorrow is New Years Eve? Where did 2010 go? I'm hoping to have a wonderful & healthy 2011! (with NO chocolate;) ) haha!

Tina - Thanks for getting the new thread started! And a day early at that!;)

Maureen - did I mention how spectacular you look in your new picture! ;)

Susan - how's your mom feeling today? You'll be home pretty soon to have Christmas with Pat!!!! Yay!

hey everyone else! Hope everyone who weighed in today, had a god one!

Tina
12-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Oh my Jeanne, No Chocolate! :lol: Isn't that going a little too far? :)
Maureen, I really do like your photo, too.
Susan, I hope you had a good trip home today.
Mimi, don't work too hard tomorrow.
We are going out for Mexican food tonight. Larry got home early from work. I will eat only 2 or 3 chips and salsa. :)

tytbody
12-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Well tomorrow for New Years, I will eat the Clam Dip and Sweet potatoe chips I bought. We are going to drink Champagne and I'm not couting a thing.

jar1965
12-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Haha Tina!!! I have only been home 4 days and I have already had to make a chocolate trip! I had a terrible terrible headache yesterday and my family & I came to the conclusion it was withdrawl.....either from my daily chocolate intake.....or Barkus period!

Hi tytbody! That sounds like fun!!!! Enjoy!

Tina
12-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Hi Cheryl, That's the good thing about WW. We can live a little without feeling like we've ruined everything for life. :)
Enjoy your partying and come back here and tell us all about it.

Jeanne, I'm sure you are having withdrawal. :hug:

Our Mexican food was soooo good tonight. I really did good eating lots of chicken and tortillas and a few chips and salsa. Ole!

Tammy
12-31-2010, 01:46 AM
Hi! My name is Tammy, and I have been lost. Found my way back tonight, but who knows when I'll find my way again. lol

Tina, my friend that runs the bed and breakfast said she likes the new program. I had decided that after the first of the year, I was joining again. Then I got the word from the doctor - NO dieting. By the way, I love Mexican!

Maureen, I agree about the hair!

Jeanne, no chocolate? Oh my! Just read about the withdrawal, I think it could be a little of both?

Hi Cheryl!!!!

maureen kempster
12-31-2010, 07:08 AM
good morning all

Tammy!! so good to see you back! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH
hope everyone has a great New Year and that we don't go too far off program today and tomorrow

maureen :newyear:

spryng
12-31-2010, 08:14 AM
Morning all! :)

I went to bed early last night which could be bad,lol.. I was up at 5:30 this morning on my day off! I'm gonna need a nap later to make it until midnight, lol..

Hope everyone has a wonderful new year's eve today! Enjoy your family and friends and let's ring in in the new year! :)

tytbody
12-31-2010, 09:50 AM
Tammy, I hope your doctor is not referring to WW being a diet. He should know better

auntie
12-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi everybody,

Got home safely! Got to have Christmas! Pat said I owe him a dinner. So I guess one weekend I'll make Thanksgiving dinner!

Mom gets out tomorrow. I think she only stayed because I was with her all day everyday she was there. I did have fun with my sister.

Well off to see what the plans are about leaving tonight. I'd love to stay home but I think Pat missed me! Lol! Plus it will be fun watching him!

Y'all be safe and Happy 2011

Tina
12-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Happy New Year's Eve!

farmgirl and Dori, how are y'all doing???

Tammy, it's so good to see you back! :hug: Prayers are with you this coming week.

Cheryl, you are correct about WW not being a diet. It's hard for some people to realize that. But, we know it!

Susan, I'm so glad your mom is doing good. Yes, I'm sure Pat missed you. You'll have fun tonight. Wear a party hat. :dizzy:

Everyone have a safe and fun night.

maureen kempster
12-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Hope everyone has a Happy & safe New Year

all the best

auntie
12-31-2010, 09:01 PM
I second that Maureen!!!

farmgirl7
01-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Happy New Year! We've been busy buying a truck for dh today. Gonna really buckle down on my diet tomorrow. My new years goal is to exercise regularly. Hope yall have a great night! Welcome everyone new!

Tina
01-01-2011, 01:13 AM
Happy New Year

maureen kempster
01-01-2011, 07:04 AM
All the best in 2011-we all deserve it

maureen

jar1965
01-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Happy New Year!!!!

tytbody
01-01-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm very excited to get more weight loss this year. It's possible!!!!

jar1965
01-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Cheryl -:carrot: woohoooo & we will do it together!!!!

But first..........ahhhhhhh, I just ate a cup of Ben & Jerry's!!!!! Oh how I hate when I let food win!!!! We haven't had any ice cream in the house for monthhhhhhhhhssssss. Well yesterday I thought "oh, I'll just buy a little one and Bob & I can have it for our New Years treat".......which we did! But......there was about a cups worth still in there this morning.....like 14 POINTS WORTH!!!!!! Butt kicks welcome!!!! Bring it on girls!

((hugs))

Tina
01-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Consider it done, Jeanne! :lol:
A little ice cream is okay---just not all the time, right!

Cheryl, I love your enthusiasm. :)

Maureen, I might have to come borrow your roller blades to get lots of exercise. :lol: Monday, I'm back at the gym.

Susan, how was the evening?

David came over at noon and we had ham, turkey, black eyed peas and cranberry sauce. I didn't fix cheese grits this year.
Everyone chill out and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Today doesn't seem like a Saturday.

tytbody
01-01-2011, 06:57 PM
I love being here. I'm excited to see what my body is going to do. I don't smile much when exercising but I got it done today. Now I can smile:) lol

Tina
01-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Happy Sunday!
It's a new year (duh) and that means we need to get out there and exercise!!!
Have a great day!

spryng
01-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Morning all!

Ok I'm ready to crack down and get back on track. My parents finally left after being here for the holidays for almost two weeks.. so life is feeling normal and less chaotic again yay! :) Yesterday I set up my new ps3 workout game, guess it's not a game but an interactive workout video with the playstation move. I tried the cardio test on it to see how fit I was.. well needless to say, I'm NOT FIT, LOL!! I made it about 5 min before I thought my chest was gonna explode! Ok so today I'll take another crack at it.. my resolution is to be FIT and weightloss will naturally follow on that path with ww as my secret weapon, lol.. I am looking forward to spring and summer so now it's time to crack down to make goals happen for this year :)

tytbody
01-02-2011, 10:37 AM
And isit sways Thursday chatters. Why not anything goes or lets chat?

spryng
01-02-2011, 10:47 AM
I agree cheryl, I guess the orig thread was for those who weighed in on thursdays but since it's changed over time, maybe feb it can be February Chatters or something :)

tytbody
01-02-2011, 10:58 AM
:jig::jig:Or just make a January Chatters and go from there. It will pick up, maybe?????

auntie
01-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi,

Ok I don't want to be rude but it has been this name for at least 10 years that I know of and longer if I recall. I personally don't want the name to change. If you don't like, then you could always start your own thread with whatever name you choose. Some of us, well most if us have weighed on Thursday and have been here the entire time.

Sorry if you get upset , but if you don't want to be in this thread with this name so be it.

Mimi4fun
01-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi Ladies just checking in this morning and wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I'm going to get back on the program this wednesday or thursday after some medical procedures on Tuesday (don't worry just tests).
Please don't change the name, if you do then the oldies who are temporarily MIA won't be able to find you when we come back. It also makes it easy to go back and check whats been going on. I'll have to change my tracker now.

spryng
01-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Susan, I didn't realize it's been here that long! yeah changing it now would probably confuse some who come back to it so maybe starting a new Chatters thread can be a seperate group all together :) I don't mind the name at all since it's the people in the thread that really count :)

auntie
01-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Spryng,
Just wanted y'all to know that it's been around a long long time and we do have people that come back periodically. Sorry if it offended you or Cheryl but a lot of people would be lost. :) plus I'll speak up about it. Thanks being understanding. We always put we welcome everyone.

spryng
01-02-2011, 11:55 AM
No I wasn't offended at all either, I was actually curious why the thread stayed Thursday when so many don't weigh in on that day so now it all makes perfect sense :) But like I said, doesn't matter the name of the thread to me, the people make the thread for sure so I'm staying put! LOL! :)

maureen kempster
01-02-2011, 06:24 PM
anyone know why my earlier post was deleted? I honestly don't know what was written that was offensive

Tammy
01-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Spryng, I giggled about the nap on New Year's Eve. I am the same way. I like your goal of being FIT!

Cheryl, my doctor doesn't want me losing right now. I am starting Chemo in the morning, and they weigh every time I go in. If I lose weight, they want to know if the chemo is causing it.

Susan, I'm sure Pat missed you!!

Tina, thanks for the prayers! Your meal yesterday sounds yummy.

Jeanne, yummy to the ice cream. During the chemo, I'll have to stay away from ice cream for 4-5 days every other week because this chemo makes me sensitive to cold. I even have to use gloves to get into the refrigerator and freezer.

As for name change, please don't. I know when Bob died, I was missing in action for a while, and I was able to find you again. I've been out of it with all the health problems since August, and I haven't been here much. I don't want to lose you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

farmgirl7
01-02-2011, 09:40 PM
I just lost my whole LONG post. Dont feel like retyping it again. Talk to ya'll tomorrow. :(

maureen kempster
01-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Tammy, prayers heading your way from me. It's good to see you back here again. Same goes with Marion. You've been both gone for too long.

maureen

Ladybug2680
01-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Hello everyone. So glad to see Tammy and Marion back with us.

Justin and I had back to work tomorrow. I have planned a lot of changes and we'll see what happens. I plan on getting back on the wagon as well. I haven't done bad with my eating, but the holidays are a time where I'm not really that strict on myself. I'm thinking about changing my weigh in day since I do WW's at home, but I haven't made a definite decision yet. Well I suppose I will run for now. It's a bit late and I need to hit the hay for now. I'll check in tomorrow. Night night.

Tina
01-02-2011, 10:34 PM
We don't need to worry about anyone changing the name of our thread.
This is ours. It has been ours for ever and will continue to be until we decided otherwise!

Tammy, you know that we are all thinking about you and praying for you. Know that we are with you.

Dori, it is great that Justin is going back to work.
Boo that you and Susan have to return! :)
Maureen, do you have a few more days off work?
Jeanne, how are you occupying your time now?
farmgirl, I just hate it when I lose what I've written.
Mimi, did you have today off?

Mimi4fun
01-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Tammy sending you love and prayers. I'll be thinking of you in the morning.

Sorry I have been away so long, its been incredibly stressful going back to work but I may have a change coming I'll tell you more when I know it.
I did work this evening but the retirement home was very quiet and most of my ladies were ready for bed when I saw them.

Tammy
01-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Ladies, thanks for all of your love and support. I took a pill for anxiety about 8:00, and it has helped so much. That feeling of panic was gone within 15 minutes. I plan to take another one when I get up in the morning. I think after I have gone through it this week, I'll be better the next time.

Love you all!!!!!

jar1965
01-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Good Morning everyone!!!!!!

Tammy - yes, I too, am saying a prayer for you every day! ((hugs)) & lots of love!

Marion - so glad to see you back! I've missed ya here, but followed you on facebook! ((hugs)) Good luck back OP! you can do this! You've already come soooooo far!

Dori - hey there! Sorry you & justin have to go back to work today! urgh......we wait what seems like forever for christmas & new years to get here and then .... boom.......it's gone in the blink of an eye! Have a good first day back!

Susan - how was new years eve? Did you go and listen to Pats band play? Do you go back to work today too? How's your mom? questions, questions!!!!!

farmgirl - I HATE when that happens! ;) Looking for a new recipe (low points) for dinner. Any suggestions? I have a freezer full of beef!!! I wish it was ground turkey.....it would be soooo much easier to come up with a lower points meal if it was!

Tina - hi! You sure were busy yesterday!;) Thanks for all your time and energy to keep us so close! You really are the glue that holds the puzzle together!;)

spryng - whats on your agenda for today? Back to school, work, gym?

I didn't sleep good last night. This crazy cough I had got even worse while working in our basement yesterday. It is for the most part very dry, but several weeks ago we had a very heavy down pour causing several inches of water in our fruit cellar. Yesterday I noticed some (small amount) of mold here and there along the inside wall the living quarters side (outside wall of the fruit cellar)....Headed out to the hardware store today for the spray bleach stuff and then we will have to re-paint next week........you have to be sooooo careful with that stuff! I get weekly shots for mold allergies, so tomorrow when I go......I know the shot site will be inflamed! Urgh!

Jessica is having carpal tunnel surgery tomorrow morning, so please say a prayer for her! She is so nervous. She has severe carpal tunnel in both wrists from her job! She is only having one wrist done tomorrow. She hasn't had a good nights sleep in a year! She has been wearing braces on both wrists at night when she sleeps. So I'll be with her tomorrow all day! She is my 23 year old baby! hahah!

My MIL got a nook for christmas.........riding to Barnes & Nobel with her this morning to get it set up. I tried and got frustrated! I have the older version, black & white......and they set it up for me at the store.

Well have a great Monday and good first day back to work for those of you headed out! I whined about working, but, kinda wish I had it to go back to! haha! I'm soooo wishy washy!

maureen kempster
01-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Wow! There are lots of posts this AM. This is my last day off. The time sure flew.

Tammy, hugs and prayers from Quebec.
Well, let's all have a great day. I have to run, one of my brother's is coming over for a coffee
talk to you all later

Maureen

jar1965
01-03-2011, 07:30 AM
just realized that I MUST have too much time on my hands! Always changing my avatar and color matching everything! hahah! I need a job!

maureen kempster
01-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Jeanne you'll find something for sure. If I could and I came out here - don't speak French and I'm old with no skills and I got a job in a few months - well for sure you'll get something that's a given. Just think positive and tell prospective employers that they'll be lucky to employ you

Tina
01-03-2011, 08:44 AM
It's the first Monday of the new year. Wow! That's amazing, isn't it!!! :carrot:
I love y'all! :hug: It seems that when there's any adversity/trouble/sickness, we all come together to see it through.

Tammy, we're all thinking about you.
Maureen, yeah for one more day off. Enjoy that time with your brother.
Mimi, Dori, farmgirl, don't work too hard today.
Susan, let us know how your little ones do this first day back. Maybe the cold weather will help keep them quiet. :)

Jeanne, my friend, you can change your avatar and colors every day if you wish. We like it.
Maureen is right, you could find another job. Enjoy your time off right now. Hey, you can be with your girls and help them right now.
Poor Jessica--I'm sure she'll have relief right after that surgery.

I just made a funny observation...It's 41 here this morning. Our master bedroom is warm and toasty. The second bedroom is right next door and is sooo cold in here. Since it's a very small room, I would've thought it would hold heat better. Hmmm....:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: Curious I guess I should find a job. :lol:

Good luck to everyone and let's stay OP today.
:grouphug:

farmgirl7
01-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Hey Everyone! Let me tell you whats cold...my office has had the heat shut off for 4 days. It is 23 outside so its about 23 in here. Its an old house(my office) and will take most of the morning to heat up. I am wearing my coat as we speak and wishing I had some gloves! Gonna fix a cup of coffee...hope all of you have a great day!

Tina
01-03-2011, 11:09 AM
farmgirl, Brrr...... My goodness girl, you need one of those little electri heaters to warm your feet, and everything else! :)
Make a very large cup of coffee.

spryng
01-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Morning all!

Well I'm back to work today, it's been crazy, my supervisor took another position so I have a temp sup for this week only and she can't seem to get anything going today so I have no idea what is going on.. I switch positions next monday so I'm trying to tie up all my loose ends before I switch and that seems to be going well :) So anyway, guess it's good to stay busy for sure. My dh goes back to work sometime today, he's waiting on a call from his boss which I hope comes soon, I have to drive him to kansas to pick up his new semi truck and that is a 2 hr drive one way so I want to get it over with already.. other than that nothing big happening, I'm back on track with ww and that feels great! I'm so glad all the big holiday's are past us now and I can refocus and get back to losing. I dusted off all my exercise dvd's and equipment as well and plan on working out daily, today I think I'll be doing The Firm, it's always a killer workout and I'm sooooo out of shape, I may only make it 10 min but I'll give that 10 min my all :)

farmgirl7
01-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Tina-I made a very large cup of coffee and plugged in my heater under the desk. We always shut the heat off on Thurs. after work since we wont be back until monday. I will just cut it back tonight so it shouldnt be so cold in the morning.
Spryng-how long is your dh usually gone for? You sound really motivated about the exercise...come rub off on me please!

spryng
01-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Tina- my dh is usually gone all week and home every weekend...his company didn't have a load ready for him today so I'll be taking him up there tomorrow which works better for me since tomorrow is my 4 hr day at work so I'll be off by 9am :)

yes I am really motivated about the exercise, I can just picture myself of what I will look like in 3-4 months if I stick to it and it's a happy thought, lol.. now I just have to make the thought a reality. :) I just got off work and dh said he'd do The Firm with me so we'll see who dies first, LOL!!! I'll let you know how it works out, lol

maureen kempster
01-04-2011, 05:24 AM
Good morning all

It's back to work today after being off for 13 days!! The good thing is is that it will go fast because I'll have a lot of catching up to do and it's a short week.

Hope we all have a great day on program

talk to you all later

maureen

spryng
01-04-2011, 06:18 AM
Morning all!

maureen I hope this week flies for ya, I love short weeks and staying busy at work is even better, the time goes by much faster for sure :)

Well dh and I did The Firm last night, we made it about 15 min before we had to give up. We are so out of shape, lol.. but it felt awesome to get in such an intense workout and I can't wait to do it again tomorrow! Today though I'll do some cardio, no weights.. so maybe my treadmill or stationary bike, or if it's nice out I may go for a nice long walk, we'll see :) I was 2 pts under target yesterday so all in all my day was a success! gotta keep up that momentum for sure :) hope everyone is having a wonderful tuesday morning!!

jar1965
01-04-2011, 06:32 AM
Good morning!

Up and ready to go to the outpatient center with Jessica to get her carpel tunnel surgery. Please say a prayer for a quick & easy recovery for her! She is afraid of being put "under" anthesthia. Taking a book with me. They said the surgery takes about 20 min. but we will be there for about 3 hours!

I jumped on the scale this morning......I'm the same.....still. That is good tho, because I have so NOT been OP. Watching, just not strictly. I am going to get back to walking. I may do some "little" hand weights to help my upper arms a little. But......that will be the extent of my exercise regiman! Looking so forward to losing the next 20#!!!!

Hope ya'all have a great day!

Oh PS - what the heck about all those birds falling from the sky dead in arkansas???? And now fish are dying too????? Ewwwww, scarey stuff! Just sayin'!

spryng
01-04-2011, 06:40 AM
jeanne I live in arkansas! What is going on? I never watch the news, guess I should be!

spryng
01-04-2011, 06:46 AM
ok I just read the news online.. something is up, that is too weird and even scary!!!

jar1965
01-04-2011, 06:58 AM
It's very weird and scarey!!!!!!!!!!!

farmgirl7
01-04-2011, 10:04 AM
I agree-about the birds and fish-I'm curious to see what they find out.
Maureen-hope you have a good day back.
Spryng-yay for you working out yest. I did 15 min on my elliptical and it killed me!
Tina-have a great day!
Jeanne-I said a prayer-hope all goes well.
Everyone else, have a great day!

Tina
01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Morning all,
Jeanne, I'm including you in Jessica's prayer. It's really hard on us mothers! :hug:

That is weird about the dead birds and fish!

Maureen, I'm sure today will go quickly since you won't have time to look at the clock. We will be thinking about you, too. :)

Tammy, I hope your first day of chemo went well and you were without nausea, even with the anti-nausea medicine.

Mimi, good luck with your tests today. Tests are not fun.

Dori, spryng, farmgirl, y'all take care.

Susan, did you make through yesterday in one piece? :dizzy:

I'm on the way to the gym.

:hug:

Tina
01-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Maureen, how was the first day back at work?

spryng
01-04-2011, 05:49 PM
exercised two days in a row! must be some kind of record for me, LOL today I aimed for cardio so me and my 4 yo played singstar dance on the ps3 and danced for 20 min, it had my heart rate up and me gasping for breath but it sure is fun :) I just finished up dinner and I ate all 29 pts today so I'm right on track :) only earned 1 ap but hopefully that goes up soon as I get more conditioned to exercise.
Well my dh is now back to work so it's just me and the kids again until the weekends... I got so used to him being here the last month and a half that it was hard telling him goodbye today. :(

Mimi4fun
01-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Tests are all done for today, and am feeling MUCH better than this morning.
Nothing in my guts but lots of healed ulcers and mega stomach irritation and a hiatus hernia in my stomach so back on acid tamers for me.
It sure felt good to finally eat something today.
Tammy hope you are doing ok, and Jeanne hope your daughters surgery went well.

jar1965
01-05-2011, 06:23 AM
Good Morning Ladies! Jessica's surgery went well! I haven't talked to her yet this morning. (it is only 6:15 am) but I'm hoping she had a good night. She wanted to stay at her own house in her own bed, so her sister stayed with her. I'm going up after my car gets serviced this morning. Thank you all for the prayers and concerns!:hug:

Sooooo, I have been off since Dec. 26th and with the exception of the 2 days of horrible stomach flu............I have not been home one full day yet. haha! The Dept. of Labor is right on the ball......I filed for unemployment and things are rolling along quite smoothly! Yay!:carrot:

I haven't been to a ww meeting since before Christmas. They are going to get the ww police out for me! haha! I did get a "come back" postcard in the mail! Oh my! Soooooo, my plan is to get to a meeting and do an official wi tomorrow! I'll let cha' know. Bob works midnight tom. night and then is on vacation. :carrot: Maybe I'll get my Christmas tree and inside decorations taken down and put away over the next few days! I'm a little behind. Again, what the heck.......i don't work! I can't figure out how to manage my time.

Well ya all have a great day! Headed out for a walk and then some errons to run! Have a great day ladies!

Tina
01-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Good morning all,
Jeanne, I know you are relieved to have Jessica's surgery done with.
:lol: You have all the time in the world to take down your tree and decorations. Our tree is down but the wreath is still on the door.
People used to ask me what I did with all my time, not working. What free time! I'm always busy.

I'm going to my meeting tomorrow. I started to go today but have things that must get done today. :dizzy:

Let's all drink our water and stay OP.

spryng
01-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Good afternoon all! :)

Marion- glad you were able to eat something!

jeanne- so glad jessica's surgery went well! I'm sure you are relieved :) Enjoy your walk.

Tina, how is your day going?

Well I did The Firm again on my lunch break today.. I can't tell if I'm getting better at it or not, LOL.. they are so hard to keep up with! But I made it 20 min this time before collapsing so that is progress, lol. I'm putting in 12 hours today at work so hopefully that workout will give me extra steam.. I sure need it! but this is my LAST week of these crazy hours, my new position starts monday and it's all 40 hr weeks for at least 4 months, yay! :)

Mimi4fun
01-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Dan gave me Leslie Sansone's walk at home dvd's (5 discs) and the new weight watchers cookbook a week before Christmas because he didn't want to give me weight loss stuff for Christmas (like its a secret that I am FAT).
I joined the online WW today to update myself on the new program.
Lunches when I am working am the hardest for me to figure out. I don't have access to a microwave or fridge (although my car works pretty good this time of year). I pretty much have to eat in my car. Any ideas??
My gastro results showed a lot of healed ulcers and a big hiatal hernia (pretty common in overweight people) so its back to the stomach pills for me, thank goodness I have drug coverage.

Tina
01-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Mimi, do you have to have that hernia repaired? I'm so sorry you have one. I'm still having pains from the incisional hernia surgery I had in 2009. They think it's nerve endings. (Sorry, I didn't want to scare you with my story. :) )
It's great that your ulcers are all gone.

farmgirl7
01-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey all!
I just finished a quarterly report we have to do at work and I am brain dead! Andrew had a bb game in Conway last night so we stopped at Cracker Barrel to eat. OMG! Have you ever tasted their cinnamon french toast with cream cheese icing? TO DIE FOR!!!!! Dh ordered it so I could have a couple of bites. He works out at the gym 2 hrs a day and can eat anything he wants! NO FAIR! Anyway, when you want a splurge, please go treat yourself to that and a cup of coffee....its big enough for 2 people. Its more like a dessert. I would love to know the point value....or maybe not! LOL
Hope all of yall are having a good day.
I have had hernia surgery in the past so I feel for ya!
Glad surgery went well for Jessica...we always do worry about our babies!
Hi to all...ttyl

maureen kempster
01-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Well. day 2 down. The time has been going fast though just catching up. I got back to work yesterday & one of my co-workers had placed a small bag of chocolates on my desk(for Christmas)-instead of giving them away - Miss Piggy here had them eaten by noon!! Jeanne, I don't know how you could've worked at the store!! I almost made myself sick but I'm such a chocoholic-well today I'm really sticking to program.
I hope everyone had a great day & is having a super evening.

I'll be here again tomorrow

maureen

Mimi4fun
01-05-2011, 09:30 PM
I know what you mean Maureen candy in front of me is like a bottle in front of an alcoholic.

I joined the new WW+ program and I get 3 less points a day and my favourite cheerios (1cup) with 1 cup of 1% milk is SIX points it was only 4 on the old system. Its going to take some getting used to. I'm a little discouraged.

Mimi4fun
01-05-2011, 09:41 PM
no surgery...so far... but I really have to get the acute gastritis under control
I will have to stop the ibruprophen I have been taking for my arthritis

Tina
01-05-2011, 10:51 PM
We get more weekly points. That should help so you can eat your Cheerios.
My 1/2 pt bread is now 1 pt. And, because I take coumadin right now, I'm urged to drink 2% milk instead of ff. That's another pt.
But, We Can Do This! Can't we!!!!!!!

Tammy
01-06-2011, 01:32 AM
Hi all! Skimmed through the posts. My 3 days of chemo are done for this week. Nothing till 17th. I've been very tired and cold, but only a little bit of nausea earlier tonight when I ate a couple of clementines. That's all for now, stopping while I'm still awake. lol

Tina
01-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Tammy, it's soooo good to hear from you. We've all be so worried about the chemo.
I wonder if the nausea medicine could have something in it to make you relaxed? (I know nothing about any of this.)Maybe you should stay away from oranges for now. :)
Love ya :hug:

spryng
01-06-2011, 10:50 AM
morning all! :)

Tammy, I hope you are feeling better today :)

Mimi, hang in there, the pts will balance themselves out in the end.

maureen, I know what you mean about the candy.. I wouldn't be able to turn it down either! it's tough working in an office for sure. Lots of well meaning employees with their treats :)

farmgirl, no I've never heard of that dish at cracker barrel but it does sound like a dessert, lol.. that is how most dishes are at IHOP these days, such sweet items for breakfast which is tasty but leaves me needing some serious protein, LOL

Well my day is moving right along... busy busy. I'm counting down the hours until this week is over. :) During my lunch break I plan on riding my stationary bike for my exercise today...eating has been fantastic, I peeked at the scale this morning and that xmas/new years gain is starting to dissapear, yay! back on track and feeling good :)

jar1965
01-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Tammy - sooooo nice to see you!!!!:hug:

Jessica is feeling better today! I took the vicodin from her and told her to use advil or tylenol as needed! Her dad is coming over today so I'm taking a break! :D
Got enough money saved to go buy 2 allergen purifiers today! Yay!:carrot:I hope they work as well as the drs. say they do. One is going to be big enough for the downstairs living area (living room, dining room & kitchen) and the other one is just for the bedroom. Praying for relief!!!
All this talk about hernia's & indigestion & stuff. Well.......you know how I have this terrible terrible constant cough, well, the dr. thinks it is in that line as well. I just started taking Nexium like 4 days ago. I do feel a little better and I "think" my cough is letting up and was instigated by the acid. hmmmm.

Marion - so exciting about the leslie sansone dvds and stuff you got! :carrot:

Maureen - Yay on the loss!:carrot: And YES YES I too am a chocoholic!!!!!! I LOVE IT! and if it is there I EAT IT!

Susan - Hi friend!!! How are you? How was getting back to work?

Tina - How was your ww meeting? Did you go?

Spryng & farmgirl - Hope you are having a great day! Thanks for keeping my sweet jessica in your thoughts!

spryng
01-07-2011, 08:12 AM

jeanne, so glad to hear jessica is doing better and your cough as well! I too have had ulcers and stomach issues, I'm not currently taking anything, just watching the things I eat that aggravate it so far. Hopefully that will hold out :)

Well I didn't get in a workout yesterday, I was so tired for some reason.. so I'm listening to my body and took a day off from exercise but I did eat great, was 2 pts under for the day and that was suprising because at lunch yesterday I was unusually hungry so I had a smart ones (6 pts) and that didn't satisfy me so I rumaged through my pantry and found a can of tamales.. yep I ate the whole can! (11 pts) so lunch was 17 pts! so I had 7 left for dinner but I wasn't very hungry at dinner so a 5 pt quesadilla filled me up and got me through the night.. I was so worried I'd be too hungry at dinner and want to eat more than 7 pts so I had fruit ready for my backup if I ran out of pts but it didn't happen, yay! can I just say I LOVE this plan? LOL so very flexible for days like yesterday...
my plan today is to do the jillian michael's 30 day shred dvd.. heard it's a killer so I guess I'll find out, LOL.. yak with ya'll later and TGIF!! :)

farmgirl7
01-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Hey Everyone!
Just wanted to pop in an let you know about a great snack I just had. I think we need to share low point yummies we find to help each other out. I had sugar free jello brand live active milk chocolate bliss pudding. It was 2 pts. Then I added a serving of original Redi Whip on top and it was 0 pts. It really satisfied my choc craving for only 2 pts. I also bought some Swiss Miss diet hot choc. It's only 1 pt. Add some Redi Whip and what a great treat for 1 pt! Anyway, just thought I would let you know about my great find today! Let me know if you have a great snack idea. I'm cleaning house today so I have to get busy! TTYL

Tina
01-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Afternoon all,
It's beautiful here today. However, that Arctic front is headed our way and will be here Sunday night. Brrr....

Farmgirl, thank you for your snack ideas. I've never heard of that live active milk chocolate. I'm going to the store in awhile and will look for it. I'll also check on that Redi Whip. If it contains soybean oil, I'm not supposed to eat it while on this blood thinner. But, I'll check. 0 pts. is great!

Mimi4fun
01-07-2011, 08:20 PM
re: points
I guess one of the main ideas of making the fruits 0 points is to encourage us to eat them for desserts and snacks.
Does anyone know is the points are still zero if the fruit is cooked (such as a baked apple)?
Jeanne acid reflux will definitely make you cough. I hope the nexium will work for you.
Spryng I can relate to the devour the whole can problem. Are the WW frozen meals reasonably priced in your area? I checked them out when shopping today and they were almost $5 each I bought a Michelenas instead an almost identical product for half the price.
Its one thing that really bugs me about WW. They really plug their own products. The first five minutes of the last few times I went were devoted to flogging their candy bars. BLEECH!!

Tina
01-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Mimi, Our WW meals are usually on sale at one store or another. I found some that were 2 for $5.00. Not bad!

jar1965
01-08-2011, 06:15 AM
Mimi - oh my lordie!!!!! Wal-Mart here usually has them for $1.97 - $2.97 and I always have coupons. Ususally $3 off of 10. I don't buy them very often, hardly ever now that I don't work! I know that they are not all that good for ya, but.......they are easy!

farmgirl - mmmmm, I'm on it!!! Making it later today! Anything chocolate!:carrot:

Well I have had two crappy days! Lazy & eating everything in my path! Urgh! I am having TOM. The first one in 3 months and it is horrible!

Heres to a better day............

maureen kempster
01-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Good morning all

Well I made through my first week back - it was busy which is the way I like it. Mimi, here in Gatineau at the Maxi(which is the Canadian Superstore) I could pick them up for about a little over $3 when they're on sale, but I honestly think there's too much fat and sodium in them(just my opinion). I usually just throw a sandwich together for lunch. Now that the WW bread has gone up in pts I just use regular bread for a pt more.
Jeanne are you enjoying your time off? Take advantage of it while you can you're going to land another job before you know it.
Tina, how are things your way? Have you been going to the gym? I've been trying to go walking and at work I try & go up & down the stairs at least 20 times minimum during the day but I haven't been on my treadmill for about a week. Mimi has inspired me to get back on today.
Susan how's your Mom doing and how have you been?
Spryng, I envy you're being able to work at home. My DIL does and has been for at least 2 years and really likes it. She has to go to the offices every so often for meetings but other than that she's very happy working where she does. She's in insurance-not sure exactly what she does.
Tammy, you've been away so long I almost missed you!! Hope your feeling good and like everyone else has said, you take care of keeping up your strength and forget about the pounds coming off. I would be surprised if they don't anyway. I've heard a lot of people who've said that. If we'd just stop thinking about it it would happen(not sure if that made sense but you know what I mean I hope)
Well, it's off to breakfast with my brothers(hopefully their wives) and one of my sisters(she wants me to take her shopping after). I've been really good this week(I'm on day 4 and still have all my bonus pts) so I think I'll be okay if I order French Toast.

have a fantastic Saturday and I'll be here later

maureen

PS according to my scale I'm down to 134.8 I can't believe it - that's 23 lbs since the first week of july-yeahhhhhhhhh

spryng
01-08-2011, 09:22 AM
morning all! :)

Maureen, yes I feel very fortunate to be able to work from home. I used to have to go in for meetings etc but now that I am about 5 hrs from the nearest office they don't make me anymore, lol... which I like better, everything seems to be turning into a virtual world, we do everything through webinars and teleconfereces and of course email, I love it :) I do miss personal interaction with my work mates but we just do the best we can to stay connected.

Jeanne, hang in there! TOM will be gone soon and your eating will calm down, just weather this storm! I've had those months before.

Mimi, yeah smart ones varies in price here, I usually buy one of the three frozen brans (smart ones, healthy choice or lean cuisine) one is always on sale at our local walmart so I shuffle through them, this past week it just happened to be smart ones :) course I had to re-calculate all the pts on the box since they haven't switched to points plus yet but that is ok, I have my handy permanent marker in my kitchen and I mark everything :)

Tina, we have snow on the way for sunday as well, must be part of that cold front coming. How is your weekend going?

Farmgirl, great treat find!!!! :)

Well I weighed this morning and I'm down 1.6 lbs, yay!!! On my way to my 15 lbs loss goal for feb :) I did the jillian michael's 30 day shred yesterday and I must say I think I found my new favorite workout!! No crazy jumping around cardio stuff, just basic stuff we all know but a KILLER workout! I can't wait to do it again, it's also the first workout this week I've finished from beginning to end! I'm so proud of myself! But this morning, ohhhhhhh I'm sooo sore! from my shoulders to my calves..sigh.. hope I'm shrinking as we speak, LOL

Well today we are taking the kids to chuck e cheese for their great report cards, I already looked up the pizza info (5 pts per slice of large cheese or veggie pizza) so I'm prepared. I'm sure I'll be dipping into weekly pts as well for my wine today but that is all planned so no deviations. Hope everyone is having a great OP day! :)

Tina
01-08-2011, 04:43 PM
I've also heard that there's too much sodiium in the WW Smart Ones meals. I mainly buy Lean Cuisine ones, when I do buy some.

Speaking of work-out dvds---does anyone remember the dvd that WW gave us one year? I still have mine and am ready to get it back out. It has easy, medium and difficult low impact aerobic workouts. I used to do it all the time. Since we moved, I found it!

Everyone have a good weekend.

Mimi4fun
01-08-2011, 09:27 PM
6 points for a bowl of oatmeal with B sugar and milk vs.
9 points for a bowl of cheerios all bran, sugar and milk
I think I am starting to get it especially when the oatmeal keeps me full longer.
I am enjoying the fruit too.

Here's a laugh I cooked some sweet potato in the microwave tonight and way overestimated the time and ended up with an apartment full of smoke and charcoal that at one time was sweet potato. Oh well I had a caesar salad instead. It still stinks in here :(

maureen kempster
01-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Mimi-I usually cook .5 cup oatmeal with 1 cup of water, sliced banana or apple with cinnamon for 2 minutes in the microwave-add .25 cup of skim milk for 4.5 pts-it's quite filling too. Like you say it's a pretty good program once we get the hang of it.

hope everyone had a great day. lot's of snow here but very mild

maureen

Tina
01-08-2011, 10:34 PM
I,too, like those packets of instant oatmeal. :) The maple & brown sugar is my favorite.
Another easy, fast breakfast is lite vanilla yogurt with a banana.

spryng
01-09-2011, 08:33 AM

Tina, that is my favorite instant oatmeal as well, and I do something a little weird with mine, I cook an egg or two in it for extra protein, LOL.. it's not as gross as it sounds but the pkg of oatmeal alone won't get me to lunch but with the egg cooked in it will :)

Mimi, has the smell left the house yet? Boy have I had some microwave adventures, LOL

Well yesterday we took the kids to chuck e cheese as planned, had the pizza as planned and came home and had some wine, all in all a wonderful on plan day! Oh and I got my bday present early! A really cool heart rate monitor for my workouts! now I won't have to guess if I'm at high intensity or not and my ap count will be more accurate (I tend to go lower than I think I am to be safe) so I'm excited to try it out today! :)

Tina
01-09-2011, 06:34 PM
It has been a dreary-looking day. I like this cool weather--for a little while at least. :D

Spryng, I don't understand how you put the cooked egg with your oatmeal. Do you scramble your eggs and then mix it?
I have started eating Activia yogurt again. I ate it about a year ago and it did work with digestion.
Anyone else eat it?
Jeanne, are you feeling better today? How is Jess?
Susan, enjoy your snow. :)
Mimi, I've burned popcorn in our microwave so many times. What a smell!
Maureen, I'm sure you've had a good weekend.
farmgirl, how cold is it there? Do you cook chili? I tried turkey chili once but it didn't taste good.
Tammy, glad you are doing good. Be sure to get some nutrition.
Dori-----you can do this! One day at a time, remember.

spryng
01-10-2011, 07:46 AM

Tina, I plop my raw egg right on top of the uncooked oatmeal and water and then put it in the microwave for 2 min, stir it, then cook for another minute, so yeah I guess it's kinda like scrambled within the oats, I add my splash of milk and splenda and it's pretty good! definitely filling :) I've tried the activia yogurt before as well, worked for me too when I took it daily.

Well today is the first day of my new position at work, I'm soooooo excited! I have a conference call with my new supervisor at 9am and I'll finally know more about what I'll be doing, then I'll be on the phone for virtual training at 10am-3pm, but I'll get an hr lunch at noon and I plan on hitting the 30 day shred again today to try out my new heart rate monitor, lol.. I meant to yesterday but the day got away from me. so anyway, that is what my schedule will look like for the next 4 months, teleconferences and 4 hrs of training each day.. can't wait to get through it all and into the real work :)

well everyone I hope you had a wonderful weekend and monday is starting out great for you! have a great OP day! :)

Tina
01-10-2011, 12:27 PM
:bday2you: Jeanne :gift:

Have a great day!

Mimi4fun
01-10-2011, 02:33 PM
No the smell is still trapped in the microwave. I have baking soda and newspapers crammed in it to help and the ionizing air cleaner blasting away in the kitchen.

I don't like the instant oats, too much salt. I like to cook the old fashioned ones (about 20 minutes) so that is usually planned on the weekend.

I had a pretty good week, I'm down three pounds from Thursday (my first day on points) more importantly I have gotten back to my WATP program sticking with the fast 1 mile for a while.

jar1965
01-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks Tina!!!!

maureen kempster
01-10-2011, 06:23 PM
way to go Marion!!!

ems81wales
01-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Hey everyone im ems i started bk at ww after a 2 year break and putting 37lbs :( i weigh in on a thursday. I lost 5.5lbs before xmas but after a 3 week xmas break i put 3lbs back on so now i want to get that back off and another 25lbs before my 30th birthday in july. Good luck this week everyone xxx

lizbeth0105
01-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Hi Everyone! I've been reading the posts for sometime now and you all have been such an encouragement! I finally took the plunge and signed up for weight watchers. I'm doing it online since I have a hard time fitting in times for the meetings. I'm hopeful this works, I had been doing MRC, but honestly it was so restrictive I couldn't really do it. My job requires me to eat out frequently and I have trouble always saying no. :)

Mimi4fun
01-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Welcome Ems and Lizbeth WW is a great program for living your life. Accounting for everything you eat is hard at first but you will get the hang of it.
Please join us and we will give you encouragement.
YOU both CAN DO IT!

Tina
01-10-2011, 09:50 PM
HI ems and lizbeth, It's great to have you two here with us.
ems, Christmas time is hard when you try to eat right. You can do this!!!
lizbeth, eating out can get old, can't it. I'm trying to find places that have some good selections.

Mimi, you are doing great!
Maureen, how was your day?
Dori, let us know what's going on.
Susan, glad your mom is doing good.
Jeanne, are you having cake? :):):)
Tammy, please check in here. :hug:

ems81wales
01-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Thanks both :D I want to get it off for good this time im sick of being fat :(

spryng
01-11-2011, 07:16 AM

Welcome lizbeth and ems! So nice to have new ones join us! :) Lizbeth I too tried MRC so I know how tough of a plan it is, I think you will LOVE ww, I know I was ready for the switch :) Ems, I gained over xmas too, two weeks of bad eating so its nice to get back on the wagon for sure.

Mimi, congrats on those 3 lbs down since thursday, that is fantastic! :)

Well we got more snow overnight so school was cancelled today, gonna be a challenging day of work for me since I'm on the phone for 5 hrs today training.. try keeping 4 kids quiet for 5 hours, LOL.. gotta find my duct tape, lol... just kidding! :) But anyway, hopefully I can keep the phone on mute and it won't bother the others in the training class. I did get up at 5am and hop on my stationary bike so I got my exercise out of the way for today :) yesterday I did the 30 day shred again, it does get a little easier each time but still a killer workout! anyway, I hope everyone has a great tuesday!

farmgirl7
01-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Hey everyone! Well we have been out of school and work all week cause we got 8 inches of snow. We are still out tomorrow too. Dh has been home so I really haven't eaten very well. I have been cleaning carpets and trying to get our house ready to sale. I want it on the market by April, but there is still a lot that has to be done. ARG!!! I feel overwhelmed! Anyway, I hope all of you are staying warm cause it is FREEZING here! The kids have had a blast though. I have an apple pie in the oven (see what i mean!) so ttyl.

Tina
01-11-2011, 09:29 PM
farmgirl, I want a piece of that pie, please! :)
So where are y'all going to go after selling your house? Close or far? Selling a house is no fun. Went through that last year.
Sorry you are having food temptations. Stay warm!

shcirerf
01-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Waves from frigid western Nebraska. A balmy -5 this morning. Brr!

Anyway, I'm Janelle, I was a lapsed lifetime WW member. I went back when they rolled out the new plan. It was just the kick in the arse I needed to get back on track. :carrot:

So, with the holidays and hubby's heart surgery last week, I'm still down 5 pounds from 11/30/10.

Things are calming down now, so I should be able to really get on the ball.

Plus the boss gave us our raises today, so I'm splurging and joining the local community center/gym. When I've been able to afford it in the past, I went all the time.

A bit of personal info, married, grown twin boys, 1 granddaughter, Devani Elizabeth, and one due in Feb.:D I work for a veterinarian and live on a farm, with hubby, 3 dogs and a cat.

maureen kempster
01-12-2011, 05:36 AM
welcome Janelle, ems and lizbeth. This is a great board to be on. Lots of support.

We've been lucky so far this winter. It's been mild and not too much snow. My company is hosting a ski night in february. They'll pay for rentals, and a lesson also. I'm thinking about it. I've never been downhill skiing, so it would be an experience-"there goes the old broad breaking her neck!!!"
I've been pretty good sticking to program but I seem stuck. I guess I should try and get on my treadmill or something.

Well, let's all have a good day and I'll be back later

maureen

jar1965
01-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Good snowy morning everyone! Just a quick fly by to say hi and hope everyone is staying warm and cozy!

Welcome Welcome to all the newbies!:carrot:

cinngirl70
01-12-2011, 07:49 AM
Hi all, I am Cheryl..just joined Monday. I am not new to WW; certainly not new to losing weight. It's just keeping it off that I cannot master! I hope to lose 30 pounds.
Spryng, by chance, are you a medical transcriptionist?

jar1965
01-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Welcome Cheryl!:carrot:

shcirerf
01-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Another frigid -5 morning, but it's supposed to be 40 by the weekend. Yay.

Only working 1/2 day today!

bbl

ems81wales
01-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the welcome Spryng, Maureen and Jeanne :D

Spryng hopefully i can get most of my xmas gain off tomorrow :D il let you know good luck with your wi :D

Is everyone weighing tomorrow then? xxx

Tina
01-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Good morning everyone. :carrot:
It is soooooo great to have so many new people here.
For our new members-----
I'm Tina and have a wonderful husband and grown, handsome son. I've been on these boards for a long time. I'm a Lifetimer who needs to get back to goal weight. :D

ems Yes--lots of us weigh on Thursdays....some at home and some at a meeting. Also, some of us have changed days. We have a Weigh-In Results thread here that we use for posting.
In the beginning, we only had the weigh-in thread. We began talking so much :lol: that we added this Chatters thread. Now y'all know our history.

I'm battling a head cold. Thought I'd wake up without a voice but it's here-kind of. :dizzy:

Have a great day and drink your water.

spryng
01-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Afternoon all! sorry I didn't get on here this morning, my training class gave us a 4 1/2 hr homework assignment that I had to have ready before class today so I was busy busy :) glad it's done, lol

Ems, no I weigh in on saturdays :) But let us know how yours goes!

Janelle, enjoy your 1/2 day off!

Cheryl, welcome!! and no I'm not a medical transcriptionist, those jobs are hard to find it seems. No I work for a large medical insurance company, I am a senior business provider consultant, in other words I work with facilities and provider's one on one in getting their claims adjusted in a timely matter where all involved are happy :) not an easy job these days, LOL

Well today I'm taking a rest day from exercise, I actually got two workouts in yesterday, my bike yesterday morning and then last night to blow off some steam my daughter and I did the singstar dance and boy is it fun and gets your heart rate up, lol.. so that was nice :) Training was stressful yesterday and as soon as I was done I wanted to eat my kitchen down but I resisted...I drank extra water, played that game and the feeling passed. Man I hate being stressed out, lol.. but today was much better. No craziness at work.
Well looks like we'll be visiting some family in april that I haven't seen in over a year now so that is just more motivation to stick OP for sure. My husband has lost 70 lbs (first by just walking and eating less and then he switched to ww with me) so I want to look just as good when we see everyone again, so exciting! :)

ems81wales
01-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks Tina il have to look out for that weigh in thread cheers for the tip :D

Spryng i will let you know how i get on tomorrow night :D You can get a good few lb off by april keep at it :D

I went to steptone today i was shattered after it lol xxxx

Tina
01-12-2011, 10:14 PM
ems, congratulations on all your exercising.
The weigh-in thread is usually right above or below this thread.
Good luck to everyone at their weigh-in.

shcirerf
01-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Good morning. Had a good on plan day yesterday.

33 out this morning. Heat wave. Lol.

spryng
01-13-2011, 10:25 AM

I have a few minutes before training starts today so I wanted to pop in and say hey! :) Hope everyone has a great day! Let's stick to those points!!! :)

Tina
01-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Good morning all,

It's a beatifully cold day here! :D

Is it harder for you to lose when it's so cold? I've never thought about that. I know that we don't get outside to exercise as much.
The restaurant foods all look so rich and inviting. :lol: Just a thought.

ems, good luck at your weigh-in. Good luck to all of us.
janelle, how was your 1/2 day off yesterday? Do anything fun?
cheryl, good luck getting to your goal weight. You can do it!
lizbeth, how do you like WW online?

farmgirl, are y'all still snowed in? I'll bet the kids are enjoying it but maybe not mom. :lol:
Maureen, is work easy this week? Do you take your lunch to work each day?

Jeanne, you've been quiet. I'll bet you had a beautiful cake for your birthday.

Dori, how's it going!

Tammy, love you friend.

Susan, is Pat taking you to work today and tomorrow, or maybe the roads aren't bad now.

Mimi, are you feeling better? You haven't mentioned Dan in a while. Is he still on meds? You mentioned he had lost a lot of weight.

Everyone have a great day and don't work too hard.:dizzy:

farmgirl7
01-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Oh my gosh! There is a lot of talking going on! That is so great! Welcome to everyone new! I live in a small town near Hot Springs, AR. We are going to put our house up for sale b/c we bought some land near Lake Degray. I grew up on that lake and my parents will be 14 miles from my house. I have 2 boys who will be changing schools but they seem very excited about the move. I have a city farm in my backyard that consists of chickens, a rabbit, 3 dogs and 2 cats. I will be moving my 2 horses I have adopted from a rescue shelter to my land when we get moved. It is a work in progress but will be so worth it. I work part time for a non profit organization. Well, thats a little about me. We have been snowed in more than the others around us
because it is very hilly where I am. Hope all of you are staying warm. I have been op today which I feel is a big accomplishment! lol Will check back later.

ems81wales
01-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Hey everyone hope your all well an dyour wi went well or go well if you have not been yet i lost 3.5lbs this week :D

Mimi4fun
01-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Hey Tina, just a quick note on my busy day. Dan has now lost over 100 pounds and is off all diabetic meds just still one for blood pressure. He is still going to the gym 3-5 times a week and lookin good. & has a girl friend so he is one busy guy.

maureen kempster
01-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Marion, that's just fantastic about Dan-how old is he?
Tina, I do bring my lunch to work or I'd be eating junk food all the time.
I might go snowshoeing on the weekend-if I do I'll take pictures-should be good for a laugh
Susan, how's the snow your way? Did you make a snowman?
I hope we all have a great rest of the evening

later
maureen

jar1965
01-14-2011, 06:30 AM
Good morning everyone!

"Weigh" to go to all this weeks losers!!!!!!! Good job!:carrot::carrot:

Marion - Yay DAN!!!!!! I have often wondered about his progress!!! You tell him we are soooooo proud of him!

Tina - Hi! .....no cake for me! I always, always, beg my family NOT to buy me a cake! Soooo, they don't like it, but they respect it. I can't eat just one piece of cake!!!!! So why add to my stress! lol!

Nothing too much going on here. I'm anxious for Bob to get back to work so I can get some kind of schedule for myself going! He's kinda in the way. :o
Always running and eating out and movies and ahhhhhhhhh.........
Today we are going to Cabellas and to do some shopping at some speciality shops along the way! It's about 2 hours from here. Along the way we are going to the "Ruin the Ravens Rally" in Pittsburgh!!!! Go Steelers! We are taking his parents with us. Oh lordy, I'll need something strong to get me through this day! haha!

Well ya' all have a great day and I'll check in later!
Go Steelers!!!!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!

shcirerf
01-14-2011, 08:36 AM
Good morning everyone! Happy Friday! :carrot:

Jar1965, I live in Sidney, home of Cabela's corporate headquarters. Have fun shopping.

Got in a good long walk yesterday. Have a little dog boarding at work that has anxiety issues, since we weren't busy, took her for a long walk to burn of some of that energy. Great to get in some exercise and get paid too! :D

Busy weekend, work today, go to bb game tonight, my son and DIL both coach, plus I'll get to play with my granddaughter. Work till noon tomorrow, 70 mile drive to baby shower for my other DIL. Baby due Feb 19. I'm hoping for a Valentine baby. Then some shopping, and another ball game on my way home.

Hubby went goose hunting today. He's finally going back to work Monday after 2 weeks off for his heart surgery. So far he's feeling much better. He'll look much better after the bruising in his groin clears up. ;)

Should have time to pop in later as Doc and vet tech going to preg check 100 cows and I'll be holding down the fort on my own. ;)

Tina
01-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Yes, it's Friday!!!!

Mimi, that is Fantastic about Dan. Do, tell him that we are all so happy. He's really worked hard.
Jeanne, you are so strong, not having cake. :hug: Larry always gets me a round, one-layer cake. I love it but it's a temptation not to eat all the leftovers. :D
Maureen, I want to go with you. I've never been snow skiing. If it just wasn't for the cold snow...... :lol:

Janelle, our son's birthday is Feb. 19th. You have a good job. I've thought about working in a vet's office. When our cat was dying from CRF, the vet told me I'd make a good vet tech. Not me...if I could only take care of the well ones, that would be good. :dizzy:

I've got to run but will write everyone more, later.

spryng
01-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Evening all! :)

TGIF!!! soooo glad it's a 3 day weekend! This will be my last day off (monday) until May so I plan on enjoying it :)

Tina, I'm with you, I'd LOVE to work in a vet's office if I could handle the well visits only, lol.. seeing sick or dying animals just breaks my heart. I was always the kids growing up that tried to save baby birds that fell from their nests and their mother's wouldn't take back..

Janelle, you are gonna be one busy woman this weekend! :)

Jeanne, enjoy your shopping at Cabellas! Sounds fun! Good luck with the in-laws, LOL

Maureen, how much snow do you have? Snowshoeing will definitely burn some calories! have fun! :)

Well I'm sorry for those I missed, kids are begging to play on the computer so I better give it up, lol.. have a great weekend all! I'll post my weigh in tomorrow, hopefully it's good, it's been a really great OP week here. I'll check in tomorrow :)

maureen kempster
01-14-2011, 09:06 PM
good evening all
well, I got on the treadmill tonight right after work - just 15 min's but at least I got on it. I really plan to do this every night and add minutes each week.

Spryng, I'm not sure how much snow we have right now but we're supposed to get more this weekend. I'm still not sure about the skiing. If I don't going snowshoeing this weekend I'm going to go skating for sure, even if it's not for too long-anything just to do something.

I don't know what's been wrong with me lately but the last few days I've been really wanting to eat junk. I have to get over this right now.

well, I'll be back tomorrow-have a good evening all

maureen

shcirerf
01-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Ahh! Home sweet home!

Stayed away from the junk at the concession stand at the ball game. Had a dill pickle and a bottle of water. Got to hold my grand daughter while her Mommy and Daddy were coaching. :D

Made a stop at the 24/7 Wal-Mart and got my gift and card for the baby shower tomorrow.

4 AP's for the whole day according to WW pedometer, and over 10,000 steps.:carrot:

I do enjoy my job most days. But there are days when sad things happen. The worst was a guy who beat his 10 week old puppy to death. He is now in the state pen!

maureen kempster
01-15-2011, 06:42 PM
good evening all

well it's 14 F here right now and snowing-not sure how much snow we're supposed to get-it does look nice though-I put a fire on and I think I'll just watch TV tonight-I did manage to get in 25 min on the treadmill-I feel guilty about the bad food choices I've been making the last few days so I have to do some damage control.
I hope everyone is great and I'll pop in here later
have a great evening

maureen

Tina
01-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Evening!

janelle, that's the reason I could not work for a vet! Glad the person was put away.

Maureen, I wish we had a fire place. When the thermostat is on upstairs, it stay cold downstairs and the other way, it boils upstairs. I've got to figure out a happy medium. Larry thinks that when I get curtains in the living/dining rooms, that should keep out some of the cold at night.
We wanted a fireplace but this didn't have any. Oh well. I'll just think of you and yours. :D

I'm happy to say that I've drunk all my water today. My food choices have been good so far today. Haven't had supper yet. :o
Everyone have a great evening and Sunday.

jar1965
01-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Good Sunday Morning everyone!:coffee2::coffee2:

Ahhhhhh.......I woke up so refreshed this morning! I had a long talk with myself and said....self....you've come too far to blow this now!!!!! Soooo, with that in mind......this is a perfect day to get remotivated! (I know, I say that a lot.....)

Tina - I LOVE LOVE LOVE CAKE! :hb:And.......it was not easy to beg them to not get me one. I kinda, secretly wanted one! lol!;) We have an electric fireplace....it's just a piece of furniture....not built in. I love it! It's perfect just to take off the edge.

Susan - hey there! I hear you are getting rain today! I guess that means the temps are up a little?!? How is Pat? How is school? Anything new there?

Maureen - 14!!!!! Brrrrr......we've been maintaining the high teens to the high 20's. However, they are calling for 9 overnight tonight. Good job on the treadmill! I too, am making POOR food choices these days. What the heck! maybe we all need some sun and warm weather!!!!

farmgirl - Whats new? How's the weather? Sooooo exciting about the land and building a new home. I grew up and was married to my first husband for 22 years and all those years we lived in the country. My childhood was filled with horses, ponies, rabbits, dogs, cats, a pond, snowmobiles.....(you get it I'm sure) and then my ex's family owned a dairy farm with 125 head of dairy cows. Plus many others. Well.............then, after my divorce I moved to the city and into an apartment (CULTURE SHOCK) and then met my new husband and we LIVE IN THE CITY!!!! Yikes! At first (8 yrs. ago) I didn't like it at all! Now, I love it here! (not as much as the country tho). We can walk anywhere! and, we usuallly do!

ems - good job on your loss this week~!:cp:

Tammy - if you're lurking......(lol)....Have a great sunday and I hope you get out for a little bit today!:hug:

Spryng - hope you are enjoying your long weekend! Not another day off until May???? Ewwwww!

mimi - hey there! Hope things are going well! Catch ya' on facebook!

Well ya' all have a great day and if I missed anyone, I'm sooooo sorry! Drink your water and shake those bootiesssss!
:dust::dust:

jar1965
01-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi......
When I logged on WW online this morning.....my tip of the day was......
put a banana in the food chopper, chop well, and freeze for a tasty 0 POINT ice cream like treat! So, I thought I'd share. I did do it, it's in the freezer now.
Also.....those dry packets (I use Martha White) muffin mixes.....well with the new points plus they are 4 Points (hope I'm allowed to say that....:o) Well I used less milk and one mashed banana in the banana nut muffin mix! It is good and I'm sure it's a little less in Points.

Just sharing...........

Tina
01-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Jeanne, I'm going to try those today!

(I just wrote a nice post and it's Not Here!) Hmmmm.....wonder what happened to it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mimi4fun
01-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Jeanne good to hear you are remotivated.
I'm really struggling with the new points values, and working with the online tracker is pretty time consuming I feel like we are paying WW to work for them. It seems like for every other thing I want to track I have to enter the info, and I can tell when the values come up for some of the foods (by the description) that they have been entered by others in the program. Frustrating too when a cereal that was formerly 5 points is now 8. I guess its ok if you are a big fruit eater but its so expensive up here that my choice is limited. Oh well sorry for the gripping I've got the dvd cued for my walk. Catch you all later.

jar1965
01-16-2011, 11:49 AM
woooosh......sorry to be a pest.......but I have to hold myself accountable for my accomplishments.......;)
Today: 2 mile power walk with Leslie
30 minutes toning bands:exercise:

I'm thinking about a beginners yoga. I have a dvd.......so maybe when I get home from sams club!:yoga:

“You are on the eve of a complete victory. You can't go wrong. The world is behind you.” -Josephine Baker

Tina
01-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Afternoon,
Mimi, I agree that this new pt. system can be very frustrating. Lots of things I still think pts in the old pts. I haven't memorized the new ones for milk and bread, etc.

My big thing right now is drinking all my water and eating more fruit, even if it's canned fruit.

Jeanne, good for you, too, with your exercising.
Tomorrow, I'm getting out my old WW exercise dvd.

auntie
01-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Hi,
Had bowling Friday night and went to hear Pat's band last night.. Today has been a lazy day. It's rainy and chilly so I'm not doing much! I'm off tomorrow and have a dr appointment in the morning. I hope to get up and do my fast walk DVD. I'm going to try to do it twice tomorrow!

I have so much to do since the past year has been crazy. Pat said just enjoy my day off and made me promise. Gotta love him .....

Jeanne, I like your idea of being accountable! So keep posting, I am going to do it too. :) oh and I'm going to try the banana thing. I love bananas!

Welcome to all the new people!

shcirerf
01-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Staying on plan! That's the good news. Bad news, my microwave took a dump, no popcorn tonight.:?: Will be hitting Wal Mart at lunch tomorrow for a new one.

The baby shower was great. Natalie, who put it on is quite the entertainer. And her house looks like it should be in a magazine. I need her to come and decorate my redneck abode. :D

I'm still struggling with the new points too. Looking up lots of stuff all the time.

Diced up some leftover chicken, tossed in a can of tomatoes w /chilis and added some taco seasoning, fresh onion and bell peppers, will add some lettuce, cheese and that's lunch tomorrow.

maureen kempster
01-17-2011, 05:42 AM
Good morning all

I don't want to go to work this morning-it's -9 and feels like -18 with the wind-
Janelle, to bad you weren't closer to me-I have a microwave I'm not using almost new. I had one installed over my stove so have the counter one sitting in a closet.
Susan, good to hear from you. Take Pat's advise and take it easy today.
Tina, are you heading for the gym today?
Jeanne, I'm going to try your banana ice cream too.
I managed to get 25 min again last night on the treadmill, but I'm still stuck and don't seem to be able to move from the weight I'm at
Well, cross your fingers that I don't freeze to death waiting for my bus this morning.

maureen

jar1965
01-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Maureeen - my fingers are crossed!!!!

Be back later to post my activity!

Have a great day everyone! Drink that water and shake that booty!!!!!!

spryng
01-17-2011, 08:26 AM

Well the weekend was fun, took the kids to see the titanic museum in branson, it was so much fun! Ate at Lamberts (home of the throwed rolls) let me just say it was amazing and delicious but i blew my pts, I should have known better. So it got me down in the dumps and I didn't eat any better yesterday.. but I'm refocused today and off my pity wagon so I'm ready to work that extra food off this week. I will be working out everyday this week and I hope that counteracts any damage I did. Just trying to stay accountable.
Well today is my last day off of work until May (excluding weekends of course, lol) so I'm gonna get around and go shopping and just get out of the house for a few hours, hope everyone has a great start to this week! :)

Mimi4fun
01-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Jeanne when I read your post I realized that you and I were walking with Leslie at the same time. Do you have the new power walk dvds. Its kind of nice because there is a tract where you just have the music and not her non stop banter (which gets a little old the 6th or 7th time you hear it).
Maureen Dan is 23.

Tina
01-17-2011, 03:26 PM
If I ever get to the store, I'll buy some bananas.. We put my car in the shop because that engine light was on and the car smelled like gas when I would put it in the garage. Not a good thing. I sure don't want to spend money on it but can't buy a new one.
Anyway, my eating has been good today. No exercise as of yet.

I'm glad we're not having below freezing weather. Brr..

auntie
01-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Howdy,

Well I did a 2 mile walk today. I use the Leslie Fat burning walk. Which one do you use? I know several of us use them and there are so many of them. I got mine because you guys. :) I am going to try do it again later.

Maureen, so far I'm currently sitting in the recliner catching up on General Hospital. I was getting stuff done until I sat down. :) Now I think I'll stay here for a little while.

Tina, I'll share some bananas with you. I bought some today. Yum!

Jeanne, your Steelers won!! Congrats!!!

Tammy, how are you feeling?

Mimi, too bad we can't walk together!!!

My goal is to walk everyday. I bought the DVD for my sister too. I want to get some weight off before this summer so I can really cruise at Disney World.

ems81wales
01-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Thanks jeanne hope your well and good luck with wi this week.

Hope everyoe else is ok xx

jar1965
01-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Mondays activity: 2 mile outdoor walk with Bob!

jar1965
01-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi ladies! It's late for me!!!! Bob & I got a walk in today. Then we went to see the Green Hornet! It was in 3D and it was really good. I mean, for a boy movie. lol!

Susan - yes....wooohoooo.....they did!!!! Bob & I went to "Ruin the Ravens Rally" in Pittsburgh Friday! We froze but had so much fun! It was crazy. Drunk people everywhere! Then we went to Cabellas in West Virginia. It was a great day!
I have soooooo many Leslie Sansone DVDs! It helps that my cousin works for her! :carrot: And she is on Exercise TV now. Cool.

Are ya' all seeing the add for Curves on the 3fc site? I see they are offering a Zumba Circuit now too! hmmmmm. Fun!

Well heading to bed! Good night and talk to you in the a.m.!

shcirerf
01-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Just another manic Monday! Gets that way.

Tina, hope you get your car fixed soon.

Maureen, thanks for the offer of a microwave.:D I picked one up on sale at WM for $44.

Made some sugar free jello. Had a hankering for something sweet.

Weigh in tomorrow night.

Tina
01-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Hi all,
My car will be ready tomorrow afternoon---something about the gas part. It needed 2 parts--something like $398.00 worth. Yuck!!!!!

janelle, you got a great deal on that microwave. I'm glad you had a good day. Good luck at weigh in. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

ems, keep up your exercising.

Susan, thanks for getting me some bananas. :D

Cheryl, take it easy

Mimi and Maureen, please stay warm up there!

jeanne, I saw your Steelers won and cheered just for you.

Dori, how are you doing?

Tammy had a good chemo day today.

farmgirl how is it going with you?

Mimi4fun
01-18-2011, 11:35 AM
This is a really cool page and very encouraging for all those following WW points.
I'm not sure if this site will allow links but I'll post on facebook too

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1260

jar1965
01-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi! Just a quick fly by to tell you that I found 50 calorie fruit cups (del monte) at sams club the other day. 1 POINT each! And.........they are very good!

Tina
01-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Happy Tuesday!

Mimi, thanks for the interesting site.

Jeanne, I love those fruit cups. David buys them all the time and told me about them. BTW how is your Jessica?

Y'all have a great day.

ems81wales
01-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks tina im very tired today after the aerobics and lack of sleep so ihad a rest today. Hope all is well with you? xxx

shcirerf
01-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Down 1.4! :carrot: Woo Hoo! I was a bit iffy about this week.

1 pt fruit cups! Will look for them. I've also been remembering to take my vitamin, that has been a real challenge for me. Not a good pill taker, just can't remember. It's a wonder I didn't have 10 kids.;)

We had a sub leader tonight. I really like her way better than our regular leader. She leads the group in a nearby town where my sis goes, so I also get to catch up on the local gossip. :D

Supposed to be cold and snowy tomorrow, yuk. Come on spring.

Hope everyone had a good day!:hug:

jar1965
01-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Slept till 8:30! Wow......thats late for me! Went out with a girlfriend last night for some good food and company. Got in at 11:30.......which is late for me too! lol!

Getting ready to tidy up the house, work out, and then going for lunch with another girlfriend! This being off work is hard!;)

Have a great day everyone!

Drink lots of water and shake that money maker!! (I don't know, I think I heard the little neighbor girl say that once!):D

Thursdays activity: WW 30 minute boxing workout
Strengthing bands

jar1965
01-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Weight Watchers is on Dr. Oz today.......

Tina
01-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi,
Jeanne, it sounds like you are enjoying your new found time off. Good for you!!! So you are doing WW boxing? Wow, you should lose inches with that one.

I had my test this morning. Thanks to all of you who wished me well. It wasn't pleasant but I got it done. No word of results for several days, though.

Maureen and Mimi, are y'all frozen in? Brrr....

Susan, how is school?

Everyone else, please forgive me for not saying more at this time. Later.....

jar1965
01-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Mini blizzard......Pecan Turtle......12 POINTS

Tina - keep us posted!:hug:

jar1965
01-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Good Thursday morning everyone!

Headed out to weigh in at WW and then meeting a friend at Panera for coffee and a bagel!
Going to my WW meeting with another friend this evening.

We are suppose to be getting a snow storm this afternoon and tonight.......:o
Tammy - you too!:o Do ya need anything, I can run it over to you?!?!:D

Tina - continued thoughts and let us know how the tests come out!

Susan - I miss you! I'm gonna text you later! lol! How is Lindsay doing with her AVON?

shcirerf - Good job on that loss!:carrot: I saw on Dr. Oz that it is more beneficial to you to cut you multi vitamin in 1/2 and take 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon. So, I started doing that. Have a good day.

ems - did you enjoy that jello? I like jello and the point that is is free! I put cool whip lite on it!

Maureen & mimi & spryng - hope you gals are doing well! Stay warm. Spring is just around the corner! Yay!

Have a great day everyone and drink your
H20 and muscles in motion!

maureen kempster
01-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Good morning all

I'm at work but don't start for another 20 min's. Still plodding along on program and haven't been doing too bad. I haven't been on the treadmill though. I'm stuck at my weight(plateaued)

The weather's not been too bad for January-can you believe january is almost over-I know it would be cold for you, Tina and Susan.

My neighbour above me-her toilet leaked into my bathroom so her plumber came in yesterday and changed the pipes(the place was built in 1985) today he's going to put up a new ceiling and paint. To bad I couldn't get a whole new bathroom out of the deal lol-that's on my to do list-renovated kitchen and bathroom. Someday

Hope we all have a good day on program
will be here later

maureen

Tina
01-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Morning,
Jeanne, you are up very bright and early. Enjoy your coffee and bagel. What kind is your fav?

Maureen, you're right that I would freeze! I don't "do" cold well. :lol:
Oh my, to your bathroom problem. I'm glad no one lives above us.
Susan, you're quiet. How is your mom?
Dori, check in with us.
ems, I hope this is a good day for you. :hug:
janelle, I don't like pills, either.
Cheryl, what kinds of exercise do you enjoy? I prefer the treadmill.
Tammy, :hug:

I missed Dr. Oz yesterday. I really like that show. I used to watch "The Doctors" but their subjects aren't that interesting this season.

Y'all keep at it and enjoy the day!

jar1965
01-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Hi Tina........my favorite, or the one I MAKE myself get? haha! My favorite is the cinnamon crunch and french toast bagels......but I take my own cream cheese and I order the plain one for a total of 8 Points.
Thanks for asking about Jessica. She is doing well. Going back to work on Saturday. She is nervous because it still bothers her once in awhile, but it has been almost 3 weeks. So, she is ready.

Had a great day today. Stayed OP and got my water and exercise in.

We are in the middle of a snowstorm here. It is beautiful and quiet in our neighborhood.

Bought some 0 point jello cups and ff reddi whip for a great 0 point dessert!:carrot:

Thursdays activity: 30 min. low impact (beginners) ww boxing. I was to sore to get into it aggressively!

Any Idol fans here?

Have a great night everyone! (I feel like I'm hogging the boards:o)

shcirerf
01-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Bagels, yum! Yuck to plumbing problems.

Had a good day on plan.

Weather has been cold and snowy, 11 this morning. Supposed to be warmer over the weekend, up to 40! Plus I'm off this Saturday.

Going to try and get my house really clean this weekend and get the carpet shampooed, it needs it.

Tina
01-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi group...

Today I drank all 8 glasses of water and did good on my pts. I haven't calculated supper yet. I'm sure I'm within my 29 pts. though.
We had 3 pt. chocolate pudding with ff Cool Whip for dessert tonight.

Jeanne, you are not hogging the boards. :hug: I love sun-dried bagels but they're hard to find around here. One place sells out too fast and the other stopped making them. Boo.

janelle, will you come clean my house??? :^: My carpets are clean--you just need to wipe all the hardwood floors. :dizzy:

We are having a wind chill of 28 right now. Brrr.... for us.
Take care and have a good night.

shcirerf
01-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Tina, I totally would take hardwood through my whole house.

It's snowing again, sigh. I hate winter.

Woke up to a 2.6 lb. woosh on my scale this morning, great way to start my Friday!

Now, I need to get rid of one pesky mouse who was scritching in my wall last night, kept me awake forever.

jar1965
01-21-2011, 08:59 AM
jenelle - that is a good way to start your friday!!!! Motivation to get cha' thru the weekend!!!!! Good job!:carrot:

Tina - good job yesterday on your water and OP!:carrot:

Tina
01-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Greetings :carrot:
Wow, I just finished part of the WW Fast Track workout. I'm really out of shape for that video. Next week, I'll have to do it several times, plus the treadmill. :)
janelle, congratulations!
Jeanne, what are you doing today? Breakfast or Lunch out?

Susan, have a great weekend.
Mimi, stay warm

Maureen, I hope there are no more problems with the pipes above you. Tell me if you get on your treadmill. :)

Tammy, have a great weekend.
Dori, how are you and Justin doing OP?
ems, keep going-you are doing great!

farmgirl, where are you?????

shcirerf
01-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Went to happy hour with some girlfriends last night. Had a lot of laughs and fun. Tracked the drinks. I needed that, January has been a stressful month. DH had heart surgery the first week of the month and my 93 year old Gramma is in the hospital and not well. DH is feeling much better and back to work, but the surgery and 3 days out of town and him at home for a week after surgery, were tough and stressful.

So far today I've cleaned out 4 cupboards and the freezer side of my fridge. The carpet will probably have to wait until tomorrow. Gonna spiff up the rest of the house and go to some ballgames this afternoon.

jar1965
01-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Happy Saturday!

Bob left for work. (3-11) After tonight he has 3 days in a row off!:carrot: Now that I'm unemployed, I look forward to his days off even more.

Finishing up a scarf that I am crocheting for Kait. Then I'm going to work on a throw blanket for the livingroom.

Going to work out this afternoon, not sure what I'm going to do yet......but I'll figure it out! I only have 8 Points left for dinner so I think I'm going to have a Smart Ones. I hardly ever eat those anymore!

Tomorrow is a BIG day at our house.........STEELERS VS. JETS!!!!!! Bob is off and we thought about going........but........theres not many seats left and I don't think I want to pay $245 (cheap seats:o) EACH to freeze. I think the cozy, warm, close up, of the livingroom sounds better & cheaper! (And, he has a huge flatscreen for these occasions!) I don't think any of our football friends are coming over this weekend and I'm kinda looking forward to that! ;)
I'm sure something will be going on for the Superbowl tho. Bob takes a weeks vacation on superbowl week! He's crazy!:p

Going out for breakfast and the to the toy train show and mall tomorrow for a little while. The game starts at 6:30....

Well......I'm signing off! Talk to you all later! Have a good night.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!

maureen kempster
01-24-2011, 05:22 AM
good morning all

Just dropping in quickly to say hello-I hope everyone had a good weekend. We're cleaning up my mother's place because she is going to stay in the Nursing home section of her residence. It'll be much safer for her. Of course she doesn't like it but then again she didn't like her other place either!! I think at this point she wouldn't like anywhere she was.
The contractor's coming in today to put up my bathroom ceiling and paint.

I just want to let you know that it is so cold here-right now it's -20 F. I have to go out in an hour and get a bus. I want to retire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope we all have a great day

Maureen

shcirerf
01-24-2011, 08:45 AM
*Opens one eye, looks around,* Yup it's Monday. Off and running for another week!

Hit the gym yesterday, 30 mins on the treadmill, felt good. Way better than walking outside in the cold and wind.

Tina
01-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Good monring!
I'm happy it's a new week so I can lose some weight. I overdid this weekend and don't like the feeling.

Maureen, I hope they do a great job on your bathroom. I'm sorry you have the worry and hassle of moving your mother from one area to another. I completely understand.
Brrr..... when does winter end up there? :lol: We're having rain today. It's cold in here but don't know the temp. It's certainly not below freezing, though.

janelle, :bravo: for that exercising yesterday. :carrot: Hope your husband is feeling good.

Jeanne---yea for your Steelers!!!!

Mimi, Hope you have an easy work day.

farmgirl, where are you?????

ems, how's it going?

jar1965
01-24-2011, 01:01 PM
HAPPY DAY AFTER THE STEELERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL DAY!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Wow.....what a busy weekend! Can't believe it is Monday already!

Saturday I finished up kaits scarf and started one for Bob. Watched the movie Eat, Pray, Love. The critics out there didn't like it. I, however, the hopeless romantic that I am.....did like it!

Sunday we went to Pittsburgh for a Steelers rally! Froze my butt off and left early. Went to the Toy Train Show (urgh)! We went out for breakfast and lunch and then we did end up going to a steeler party last night and ATE WAY WAY TOO MUCH! (urgh again)! I bought a Steeler cake for the party and that was my down fall!

Have some running to do today and trying to get back OP!!!!! Tomorrow we are going to Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh. Can't wait! They have all kinds of flowers and butterflies and birds. We will eat lunch there too! Tried to get tickets to the Mary Poppins Musical, but they were all sold out!

Well gotta go. Have a great day girls and I'm just beyond excited about the steelers!!!!!!!

Tina
01-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Jeanne, I like your photo!

I'm staying OP so far today. I just made my small grocery list.

jar1965
01-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Hi ladies! Got a new crock pot yesterday so I HAVE to run out to the store and get a few things. I went through my slow cooker cookbooks and I'm going to make Pizza Casserole one day this week. Sounds amazing and I think I can really get it down in Points by using "low" everything.

We are now going to Phipps tomorrow instead of today. Thats ok, I have a ton of things to do.

Hope everyone is doing well! H20 & muscles in motions!;)

“So many of our dreams at first seems impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.” - Christopher Reeve

shcirerf
01-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Good morning!:D

Meeting day. Supper was good and within points range last night, but very salty, gonna have to water up this morning.

Supposed to be warmer here today and hopefully the wind will have blown itself to Kansas.

Tina
01-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Good morning friends,
We have a cool day ahead of us. Freeze expected tonight.

Jeanne, what is Phipps? And, let me know how your pizza casserole tastes. I might have to have that recipe. We forget how easy crockpots can be.

janelle, good luck at your weigh-in. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

How is everyone else doing?????????????

I'm off to the gym to get on the treadmill.

Tina
01-25-2011, 12:02 PM
CT Scan results are back. Everything is normal! I wish I knew why I'm still sore and have some little aches. I go see the surgeon for a check-up, in 2 weeks.
I'm happy but confused. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

maureen kempster
01-25-2011, 12:16 PM
just a quick note

Tina - glad your tests are normal sorry your still sore-
Jeanne here's a site for great crock pot recipes:http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

I've found some good ones

I think I'm going to go weigh in tonight -

I'll come back here this evening

maureen

ems81wales
01-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey jeanne Im good thanks. How are you? I been doing some exercise this week i hope i loose 2lbs this week to get my 5%. I have not tried the jello yet but i have bought it ready :D

Tina im good thanks hope your well how are things with you?

jar1965
01-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Tina - Phipps is a huge Conservatory where they have ALL KINDS of flowers, birds and butterflies. I'll take pictures. Right now they are having an Orchid & Tropical Bonsai Show. It is all so breathtaking. Check it out online.....
http://phipps.conservatory.org/
PS - So glad that your tests came out good!:carrot:

Maureen - I can't stay off of the crockpot recipe site!!!! hahah!;)

Hey everyone have a great day and drink that water and shake that bootie!!!! You all rock and we WILL do this! Gotta watch Ellen, it's her birthday! lol!;)

shcirerf
01-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Official, down 2 more!:woohoo:

Tina, normal is good, hope your aches and pains go away.

I love the crock pot, hubby not so fond of it.

Phipps sounds really cool.

Supposed to be great weather here this weekend, in the 50's. I starting to get seed catalogs and can't wait for spring and summer so I can grub around in the garden.

jar1965
01-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Hi everyone! Made the pizza bake in the crockpot tonight! Urgh.......IT WAS SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD! And I ate too much! WW wi and meeting tommorow.

We didn't go to Phipps again! I think I ginx it! haha! Bob got called into work!:(

Worked on my Avon business most of the day! I have a Trade Show in March, so I started working on my displays and stuff!

Hope ya all had a good night!

auntie
01-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Jeanne, I want go to the Conservatory with you! I love things like that! :)
Need that recipe for the pizza. Sounds yummy!

Tina, glad your test came out good.

I have a migraine coming on. Already taken my meds for it.

I've been walking everyday! Hopefully things will go down!

Tina
01-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Hi,
Jeanne, I'm glad the recipe was good.
I need to find a recipe for halibut.....baked or grilled.

Susan, how is your mom?

How's everyone else doing?

David came over for supper and some care from his mom. He's sick with a bad cold...it's going around his office. I wished he would've stayed here overnight but he doesn't like our sofa bed. :lol: He's staying home from work tomorrow. I'm glad.
Not much else going on here.

shcirerf
01-27-2011, 12:18 AM
Hi everyone! Made the pizza bake in the crockpot tonight! Urgh.......IT WAS SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD! And I ate too much! WW wi and meeting tommorow.

We didn't go to Phipps again! I think I ginx it! haha! Bob got called into work!:(

Worked on my Avon business most of the day! I have a Trade Show in March, so I started working on my displays and stuff!

Hope ya all had a good night!

I love AVon!

jar1965
01-27-2011, 05:48 AM
Awwww jenelle! Thank you! I'm not pushy so if you need anything email me or shop my site at www.youravon.com/jramelli (just sayin'! lol)

PS - wooohooooooo & good job on your loss!!!!!

Tina
01-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Hi everyone
It's a busy day here.
I hope everyone has been able to stay Op so far.

shcirerf
01-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Hope you ladies will understand, I need to ramble a bit.

March 2010, hubby has heart issues, fast forward, thru, lots of Dr.s appts, and numerous visits to ER, finally surgery, he is better.

Had my first granddaughter in August!:carrot: Our other son and wife due in a few weeks.:carrot:

Anyway, 93 year old gramma is not well. My sisters and I have always been real close to her. We grew up, living on the other side of the barn from her. A few hundred yards and you were at Grammas house. Those were good times.

A few weeks ago, she was ok and in assisted living, then she went to the hospital, now she is in hospice, with a prognosis of 2 weeks. My sisters and I went to see her today. It is so heartbreaking, she was/is such a strong woman. She is getting a lot of morphine to help her lungs and heart to relax, and to ease her pain. She asked to talk to me, while we were there, and her concern, was how was my husband. It was all I could do to not break down, here she is, knowing, she does not have long and she is concerned about someone else.

I am so going to miss her, her wit, sarcasm, but most of all her wisdom.

She lived a very long, and quite exciting life. She went to New York, Germany, her brother was a WW II pilot and an FBI agent, played baseball for the Cornhuskers. Her sister married a german, post WWII, who swore in german, chewed cigars, and hid his 4 roses whiskey, next to the milking stall in the barn. Yeah, us kids found it, lol. She grew up, preplumbing, survived the depression, rode the horse to school, triple with her sister and brother. She has a saying for anything and everything that life will throws at you. My fave is "if you lay down with the dog, you will get up with the fleas" It took me awhile to figure that one out.:D

So many memories, good ones, and only one possible regret, that she will not live long enough to meet the baby due in a few weeks.

Ok, done rambling, thanks for listening, :hug:needed to get it off my chest!

ems81wales
01-28-2011, 04:18 AM
i sts this week girls i was very dissapointed i worked so hard and kept within my points :(

maureen kempster
01-28-2011, 05:30 AM
good morning everyone

Janelle, sorry about your Grandmother but as you say, you have a lot of fantastic memories.
Susan, how's your Mom doing?
Tammy, keep taking care of you. Where are you now?
Mimi, how's it going in Kitchener?
Jeanne, any bites for jobs yet? You'll get something.
Tina, are you still going to the gym? I'm still not getting on the treadmill, this weekend I promise myself.
If I missed anyone hi to all.

Let's all have a great day on program. Yeah for Fridays!!!

maureen

jar1965
01-28-2011, 07:21 AM
Good Morning!

Jenelle - Thats what we are here for! What wonderful memories you will always have and the knowledge you can share! Hugs!:hug:

Maureen - no job.......I haven't been looking very hard tho! shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone! haha!

Tina - Hi! Hope your son is feeling better! It's been a rough winter for everybody!

Susan - Hi there! Whats new? Pat busy with the band? Hows your mom?

Gotta scoot so a BIG OL' HI to everyone else and I'll post more later!

Have a great day everyone!

Mimi4fun
01-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Janelle; Yes you will miss your Gramma. Try to just be with her these last few days as much as possible, just holding her hand will make you feel a bit better. It sounds like she has had a wonderful life, so if she is awake share some of those good old memories with her.

Tina
01-28-2011, 10:52 AM
janelle, I am so sorry about your grandmother's health.
It does sound like she is a very caring person, thinking about your husband when she's so sick.
You will have many memories. And, the longer you live, the more you will think about them. (That's what has happened to me since my mother passed away 2 years ago.)
We are all here for you. Please feel free to come here and "let it all out" any time. :hug:

jar1965
01-29-2011, 06:38 AM
Good Saturday Morning everyone!!!!!!!!

Hope ya all had a great friday night! It was a nice quiet evening at our house and I'm home alone this morning. Soooo, laundry, exercise, dinner in the crockpot and running to get my nails done! This is my 3rd day of staying OP!!!! Wow, I really strayed there for awhile! :o

GO STEELERS!!!!

shcirerf
01-30-2011, 01:44 AM
Thanks for listening!:hug:

I'm mostly better today. Other than feeling like I got run over by the PMS truck, which is not the case, since I had a total hysterectomy about 20 years ago.

Once in a while it happens, just stress.

Hope all are doing well.

jar1965
01-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Good Sunday Morning everyone!!!!!:coffee2:

It's snowing here this morning! Imagine that! Urgh.....getting a little tired of it!

Our sweet dog is having hip and leg problems and it is breaking my heart to watch her. I'm going to call the vet in the morning and hope they can get her in asap. We adopted her from the pound 7 years ago and they told us then she was between 2 and 4. So, she could be 11 or so years old. This is gonna be one sad household if something happens to her!!!:(

Made a great dish in the crockpot yesterday:

4 medium potatoes peeled and sliced
1# kielbasa or sausge sliced 1/2" wide slices
1 can ff campbells condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 can ff campbells condensed cream of celery soup
1 10 oz. bag of frozen peas thawed

Spray crockpot with non stick spray.
layer 1/2 of your potatoes on the bottom
layer 1/2 the kiebasa
" " 1/2 the cheddar cheese soup
" " 1/2 the celery soup
REPEAT layers
Cook on low for 5 hours
add thawed peas and continue cooking for a 1/2 hour

Sooooooooo goood!!!!! I did 1 Cup for 6 Points. You may figure it out a little different but that is what I got.

Just thought I'd share.

Well gonna scoot. Have a good day!

maureen kempster
01-30-2011, 10:55 AM
good morning all

I spent yesterday deciding what to do with my bathroom-my condo was built in 1985 & I'd probably not be wrong when I say that all fixtures and cabinets have never been changed. So, I've finally decided on paint colour. Yesterday I stained my bathroom cabinets and today I went and got a new light fixture and handles for the cabinet doors. I'll pick up paint within the week and my sister and I will probably do the painting. My brother in law will do the electrical. Eventually I'd like to change the plumbing fixtures but I can't afford that yet so for now it's the cosmetic things. I'm also going to remove the big mirror over the vanity and replace it with 2 framed mirrors-I have 2 sinks. So I've been busy this weekend.

Jeanne, I made a no noodle lasagna in my crockpot yesterday. Not sure of points-I'll try and calculate those later and let you know. It's from that website I told you about. I'm having some for supper & give you a review.

It's snowing here too but mild.

Well, have a nice day everyone and I'll check in later

maureen

Tina
01-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Good afternoon,
It's been a busy few days. David has been really under the weather. He's had congestion and sore throat....major YUCK! I've been doing his grocery shopping and taking him a couple of meals.

I did good OP today, so far. I had oatmeal for breakfast and baked whitefish for lunch.
Maureen, Your bathroom sounds alot like one of ours. It had a big mirror covering the wall. We had it taken down and we bought a light fixture. I still haven't found a framed mirror that fits. Good luck with your make-over.
Jeanne, that recipe sounds good.
janelle, I'm glad you're feeling a little better.
Mimi, how are you doing?
Dori, how goes everything?
Susan, is your migrane gone yet?
ems, Cheryl, farmgirl, everyone else----have a great day tomorrow.

farmgirl7
01-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Hey everyone!
I have been swamped with life. Went to Branson this weekend with hubby and totally blew my diet. I had lost 4.2 lbs the week before so I'm curious to see how much I have gained when I weigh in the morning. How is everyone doing? Are ya'll seeing losses on the new system? just wondering. I will check back tomorrow.

Ladybug2680
01-31-2011, 08:11 AM
Hello all. I've been sickly these last couple of weeks with a nasty cough/congestion. The first time around I was given a Z-Pack and cough syrup with codine in it. I thought I was over it and then all of a sudden it came back last week. I went to the dr on Thursday and was given steroids, antibiotics, an inhaler, Robitussin, and Benadryl. For about 3 days I was able to eat or drink anything without feeling like it was going to come back up. Anyways. Today thank the Lord, I'm feeling much better. I'm down a few pounds due to being sick and I'm hoping I'll keep it off.

Tina
01-31-2011, 09:01 AM
It's Monday!
Dori, I'm so sorry you've been sick. That's definitely no fun.
I, too, hope your pounds stay off. I guess that's something positive, losing a few pounds, that came from being sick. :o

farmgirl, we've missed your posts. What's going on with your house? That's great that y'all got a short getaway over the weekend.

I'm ready for a good OP week.
My goal today is to drink 10 glasses of liquid, at least 8 glasses will be water.
What's your goal for the day?

Mimi4fun
01-31-2011, 09:39 AM
Well I'm down this week again, I get a big notice from weight watchers that I am losing too fast then they lower my daily points again by one point now I'm down to 29 points. I guess I will be using more of my flex points.

shcirerf
01-31-2011, 09:29 PM
Hope all of you not feeling well, get better soon!

It's cold here. Yikes, hovering around 0 with a predicted -25/30 windchill overnight.

Made some veggie barley soup for tomorrow. Yum.

Did Bob Harpers Yoga for WL this a.m. What a butt kicker.

farmgirl7
01-31-2011, 09:45 PM
Hey all
Janelle-wow! It's really cold where you are. BRRRRR! Good for you doing the workouts. I need to work on that. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow so I won't get a walk in.:(
Tina- I've been busy touching up paint, cleaning, stuff like that. I would rather be doing something more fun, but the work has to be done so the house can get sold!
Dori, sorry you've been so sick. I'm glad you lost some weight...that always makes it better!
Mimi- I wish I had your problem! I seem to be playing with the same few pounds. I know I need to walk more. It seems the new plan is working great for you!
Maureen-Is it cold up there too?
I'm going to bed early tonight. So tired.:tired:
Hope all of you have a great day tomorrow. ttyl

Mimi4fun
02-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Walking is the best, and it makes you feel and sleep great. I do the fast 2 mile Walk away the pounds 3-5 times a week and have been walking alot at my job 30-60 minutes a night. just start out and do a bit more each day.

shcirerf
02-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Good morning! -14 with 20mph winds, it's frigid out.

Weigh in tonight. According to my home scale, it should go well.

I see snow and blizzard warnings all over, we aren't getting the snow, to cold to snow here.

Stay safe and warm!

farmgirl7
02-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Good Morning!
It's raining cats and dogs here. Just nasty outside. The high tomorrow is gonna be 30. That may seem warm to some of you! I'm soooo ready for spring.
I have a busy day at work. Starting on my second cup of coffee. TTYL

Tina
02-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Do Not Post Here Again---Starting Both February Threads!