South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 12:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Tawny Thursday Beach Chat

Hello everyone! It's countdown to a New Year. I should be hearing from Reading Partners about the tutoring gig. I can't wait! I also hope to hear about the Neiman Marcus Last Call gig by next week's end! Wish me luck!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/181/130

Height: 5' 3or4"

Good luck!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:57 AM   #3  
Beautiful Underneath

S/C/G: 220/211.8/110

Height: 5'4''

Okie- best of luck to you.

Good morning to everyone! I am trying to not post anything gender biased because I read a thread earlier that mentioned men being left out of the equation in most posts. Lets encourage more men to use this wonderful supportive tool!

I'm in a bit of a pickle. For some reason I cannot bring myself to staying on Phase 1. What is wrong? Did I lose my ambition? The lifestyle makes me feel so good and reading through the weight-loss successes makes me so happy, and pumped, yet envious that I don't have the results I want yet. I know it's a hard journey, but there is no excuse. I need to not fail. I cannot pinpoint the issue at hand so it may be impossible to ask for guidance... I feel all revved to go in the mornings but when it comes to night time I just eat. I'll eat what my friends eat when they are over. Good company, but not so good for me food.

I'm tired of being me all together. Sometimes I feel like giving up on everything. Maybe it's because it's approaching my TOM...

Enough of my depressing everyone. I do hope the day goes swell for everyone! 2 days of 2010 left, I really do hope 2011 holds great things for everyone.

God bless and be safe.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:15 AM   #4  
Mous

Smile

Good morning,

Thank you all for the welcomes and Ruth for the re-welcome.

Good luck I hope that today will be a great day for you.

Phase 1. Maybe you should keep a food diary and along with it an emotion one. How you are feeling at the time you are eating. Also try adding a hunger/full meter to your diary. Small steps add up to giant leaps.

My dh, Lou, will not plan or learn about SB. He will leave it up to me. He has NEVER been on any plan. I know that I can help and with your inputs we will be successful.

Support is the key.

I have decided to take a 'before' picture. One of each of us. AND of course, to step on the scale and measure our waist.

Beck does have some interesting aspects to it. Mindset is so important.

Went to the store and bypassed all fruit (just got a juicer), bread, pastas, rice, etc..

Day one is ahead and and I am happy/worried/excited/scared. BUT, I can and will do this.

Enjoy today and I will come chat later or tomorrow

Old 12-30-2010, 05:55 AM   #5  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

It's been a busy week off for me/us so far, and I'm not finding time to catch up each day, but wanted to pop in and note that I'm not disappeared, haven't given up. Lost weight for the first time ever over the holidays, ha ha!

Here's hoping for more free time when I go back to work next week.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning Beach Beauties and Beach Hunks, if we have any men hanging out.

Things are getting back to semi-normal around here as I woke up with Trash Day in my head. I still consider it Christmas but will start doing some reality jobs today like trash and taking a trunkload of empty wine bottles back for a refund. I also made a good dent in my deskwork yesterday because it was a day without company for a change. That'll change this morning when some of my diner pals come in for coffee at eight. Bob closed the diner for the vacation (no staff would work) and the Thursday club will meet here.

Today is my dear daughter's birthday. I can't believe she is turning 45! I feel like I am 45 ... on a good day. I'll call her later - three hour time difference - and cheer her up. I'm considering Skype. Does anyone use it?

Gotta get it in gear so no time for personals this morning. New folks, please read the sticky http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sout...ly-thread.html. Personals are not always necessary. Sometimes another cup of coffee and trash carry out are more of a priority.

Have a good seventh Day of Christmas and remember to mop up after those seven swans.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everybody,

We're still in full holiday mode here at my house, although I've been pretty pleased with myself for staying pretty much OP. My tummy let me know last weekend that it was NOT HAPPY with the trash I was feeding it and gave me grief for a couple of days, and that was all I needed to remind me that most temptations are just the devil in diguise. I've been eating mostly salads and lots of veggies and am feeling much, much better.
Tomorrow we'll be having our traditional New Year's Eve fondue party, and although I'll partake, I'm getting a whole wheat baguette just for me, and will only eat from the veggie and fruit platters, with absolutely no dessert. I just can't handle that sugary stuff anymore.
Saturday will be a breeze, since we have our New Year's Day pork & sauerkraut and black eyed peas. I'll skip the pork, but will enjoy the rest of the meal. We'll be taking down our tree and the rest of the decorations that day, too.
On Sunday we're going to try to reschedule the big dinner that I had planned for last Sunday before the snowstorm hit us. And that will wrap up our holiday festivities.

Before I forget, I want to send a big CONGRATULATIONS! to Zeffryn!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Okie - Good luck!

Giggle - Thanks for the fishyness report. The chia don't seem to have much taste IMO, just texture. Lots of texture! I have never tried green smoothies but lots of chicks and bloggers I follow are big fans.

Bellissa - We did have a man or two post before I was careful not to use the word "chicks" back then. I wonder if any are lurking now. So sorry you are struggling. I have often wondered why sometimes I have such great motivation and momentum and other times not. Maybe for those two weeks you can get the support of your friends got not have any food around that is off plan. Two weeks is all.

Windsong - Measuring is good because often there are changes there when the scale is not moving. Sounds like you are all ready to go!

Annie - Woo hoo on holiday weight loss!

Ruth - Skype is awesome! I use the free video and the free chat feature. My son introduced us to it before he left for college. Do it!!

Linda - Fondue = yum. Wish I could remember how crappy I feel when I eat crap - before I eat it!

Lots of happy dancing here First and foremost - the teen has pressed "submit" on the last of his college applications! Phew. (Now just updated transcripts and mid-year reports in January.) The waiting begins. Second - as of Jan. 1 I will have "real" medical insurance again for the first time in 5 years and will dump the state's high risk pool insurance! It is not tons cheaper, but some, and the coverage is better. Yeahhhhh!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:11 AM   #9  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Fergie and I were just saying that the house seems sadly empty this morning without Beth and no grand cats. Dan is asleep upstairs though, so we've still got one more day of 'kids at home'.

Good to hear from you Annie!

Windsong, I'm thinking your husband sounds a lot like mine. He could care less about the details of eating well or losing weight, he just trusts me to "fix the right stuff." He still eats his junky snacks but eating 3 SBD friendly meals/day has made a big difference in his overall health. Good luck to both of you.

I'm not sure how or why, but I'm down another pound this morning. I thought it was just a fluke yesterday because I haven't been exercising like I should but I'm down again this morning so my body must be responding to my good food choices. The timing couldn't be better - today is my "holidays are over get 100% back on track" day. A dip in the scale is always extra motivation!

Hello to the rest of you, have a great Thursday!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Hooray Karen!
Two huge headaches gone in one post! I'm sitting on my couch grinning for you!

Congratulations!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a busy morning here. We went out to breakfast at a new place up the road. It was opened by a local anti-poverty agency as a training program for clients. The chef is the husband of a child care provider I've known for ages so we had to check it out. It was good and even on plan. Now I'm off to sell the old car finally. I'm looking forward to an afternoon of playing with my new kitchen toy. The pressure cooker/rice cooker/slow cooker finally arrived and I can't wait to get at it

Hope your second to last day of 2010 is a good one
Old 12-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Okie, thanks for getting us started this morning

Linda, yes, it is busy here this morning!

I waited way to long to post this morning. Kirk got up with me which explains all. I think I have figured out the problem with my internet connection. Since I use a laptop connect, I need to have cell service. I'm 3 blocks from I-70 where the traffic is bumper to bumper, 20 mph, for 10 miles either way(holiday ski traffic morning and evening). What does everybody in their car do?? Talk and text. Mid morning yesterday we couldn't make a call on our cell, either. So I got bills paid while I still could and need to do my 1 m walk before chiropractor and another scanning session.

everyone!

Zeffryn, I am so happy for you and we all know you have earned it by taking the SBD lifestyle and incredible exercise spirit to the point you are at right now! You give me inspiration.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-30-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

I am back and trying to get back into the swing of things. I have been eating much better and the scale is showing it

Zeffryn, congratulations on reaching goal, you have motivated me

Happy New Year's to everyone if I don't get a chance to get back on.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:16 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I R tired. Had a horrible time going to sleep last night, was still up at midnight. Then Chris woke me at 3:20 because apparently Voodoo and I were communicating to each other by smacking our lips in our sleep? Once I was awake, I heard her doing it (SMACK............. SMACK.............) but I can't imagine that I smacked back. So then I had a hard time going back to sleep again (SMACK........... SMACK............)

Today will be a day full of errand-running. Picking up GOOD Groceries and BAD New Years Party Snacks (ok not horrible, we're providing low-fat dips and veggies) so we have to head to the market and Walmart. Before that, I'm taking Anna to Panera for lunch and depositing money for Chris at the bank. Wheeeee!

Looking forward to tomorrow morning! My girl Jen is coming down on the train from Chicago tonight, and she and I are getting our nails did tomorrow! Mani AND Pedi! Yayyyy! The guy is gonna yell at me again ("YOU NEED MANICURE BAD!") but that's ok. At least I only waited a few months instead of 5 years in between this time. Hooray for Christmas money!

ANYHOOZLE, now that I have Ch-Ch-Ch-CHIA in my head (thanks everyone) I'm going to start getting ready to go. Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Old 12-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #15  
Mous

We all can do this. I believe in US!

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 12-30-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Closed Thread