WW At Home - Weight Watchers online support thread

tschaff04
12-29-2010, 11:27 AM
So this was brought up in another thread and if there is already a support thread I apologize, I didn't see one. No one else was starting it so I figured why not. ;)

This is a support thread for all of us doing Weight Watchers online that might need some extra motivation, support, or just a place to talk. :hug:

Of course, anyone who is doing weight watchers meetings, or anyone who is not on weight watchers but has questions is welcomed to post here too. Basically anyone can post here! :p

Bunti
12-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Hello. Just starting weight watchers again after years of trying without a formal "plan". So far I am cautiously optimistic. I like this new points plus. It looks like a real way of life!!! Of course, it is still a change that is kind of hard to make, but it is time.

tschaff04
12-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi Bunti, and welcome!! :)

I am loving the new PP system as well. It really gets me making better choices and snacking on fruit without fear of a huge points gain is great!

So what is everyone having for lunch today?

I am having a variety of veggies, simmered until tender and scrambled into three egg whites. Topped with a dollop of salsa and hot sauce. YUM!

seagirl
12-29-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm having my homemade bean chili with a little brown rice added. It's not really cutting it... I may just have my pear. and wait until I get home to make something more palatable.

tschaff04
12-30-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm having my homemade bean chili with a little brown rice added. It's not really cutting it... I may just have my pear. and wait until I get home to make something more palatable.

Mmm, that sounded good. I love homemade chili. I make it with meat substitution filler. So delish and low in points! :D

How's everyone doing today?!

We went to the Festival of the Lights at our Zoo. It was beautiful, but temptation was lurking at every corner...in the form of cookies of every kind, sugar roasted almonds, chocolate covered nuts, etc etc!! :dizzy: It was hard to resist but I am proud to say I concured my sweet tooth. :carrot:

angeluv
12-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Hi! i just started weight watchers online two days ago. I tried it 2 years ago and i didnt really loose weight but i figured i'd give it another shot and really try. I'll admit that i am scared of the fruit having no points because fruit has actually hindered my weight loss in the past because I eat too much of it when im hungry and can't have any other snacks.

seagirl
12-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Ugh. Today is not good. I was up at 4 which always makes my stomach feel weird, so breakfast was a banana and some cheese around 5:30, a little cereal around 6:30 and I just had 2 bowls of my home made turkey soup for lunch at 10:30. I think I'll be snacking on fruit so that I don't end up eating dinner at 3:30 and then again at 8.

But I'm tracking everything, I've got my fruit all washed and set out in a little bowl and will hopefully be fine.

I'm feeling like I want something sweet now, but that would involve a walk down to the cup cake shop, which might happen later.

tschaff04
12-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi! i just started weight watchers online two days ago. I tried it 2 years ago and i didnt really lose weight but i figured i'd give it another shot and really try. I'll admit that i am scared of the fruit having no points because fruit has actually hindered my weight loss in the past because I eat too much of it when im hungry and can't have any other snacks.

Welcome back! I hope this time around proves better for you. As for the fruit, it is all about moderation and knowing when we are satisfied, not FULL! ;)

Keep in mind, it is 0 points but only when eaten until satisfaction, not when we have 10 bananas etc.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions. Here or on any other part of the board. I am sure someone can answer. :hug:

tschaff04
12-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Ugh. Today is not good. I was up at 4 which always makes my stomach feel weird, so breakfast was a banana and some cheese around 5:30, a little cereal around 6:30 and I just had 2 bowls of my home made turkey soup for lunch at 10:30. I think I'll be snacking on fruit so that I don't end up eating dinner at 3:30 and then again at 8.

But I'm tracking everything, I've got my fruit all washed and set out in a little bowl and will hopefully be fine.

I'm feeling like I want something sweet now, but that would involve a walk down to the cup cake shop, which might happen later.

Aww, sorry today is starting off so rough for you. :hug:

I know just what you mean. When I start off eating earlier than usual my whole day is out of whack and I end up eating everything early and snacking late. No fun. I actually ate earlier than usual too because my husband is off work today so I had time to make myself a nice healthy omelet. I am hoping I don't end up getting hungry early all day now because of it. Apples and water should do the trick in between meals. lol

angeluv
12-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Keep in mind, it is 0 points but only when eaten until satisfaction, not when we have 10 bananas etc.

thats exactly my problem..plus i love fruit...i'll be hungry and say..let me have a banana..and damn, i'm still hungry let me have an apple..crap..still hungry, let me have some grapes. :dizzy: so i have to find some balance..
i've done ok on my own. i started trying to loose weight in october...the first two months i lost 12lbs and then i got stuck for the last 3 weeks or so...i decided to give weight watchers online a go since it was cheap..i figured i'll give it three months first and see how i do.

thanks for the hug!

pattygirl63
12-30-2010, 12:27 PM
I joined WW online and started the new Points Plus plan the day after Christmas. I had been doing low carb before and had decided to try the new WW plan at least throughout the holidays. I am absolutely loving the new plan. I am T-2 diabetic and in just the few days on the plan my weight has dropped off plus another lb which means I'll end the year with a very good loss and my fasting blood sugar reading is back down to where the doc wants it to be. I am enjoying eating fruit and a few other carbs like popcorn that I couldn't have on low carb. I think the new plan is great. I also love being about to track everything online.

tschaff04
12-30-2010, 12:44 PM
thats exactly my problem..plus i love fruit...i'll be hungry and say..let me have a banana..and damn, i'm still hungry let me have an apple..crap..still hungry, let me have some grapes. :dizzy: so i have to find some balance..
i've done ok on my own. i started trying to lose weight in october...the first two months i lost 12lbs and then i got stuck for the last 3 weeks or so...i decided to give weight watchers online a go since it was cheap..i figured i'll give it three months first and see how i do.

thanks for the hug!

I can relate. There are days when I eat and eat and still feel like I am hungry. I notice it happens on days I don't drink my usual amount of water and I think it's just that I am thirsty. I usually drink a glass of water first just to make sure I am really hungry since our brains send the same signal for thirsty and hungry.

12 pounds on your own is great! I am sure you will find a balance with WW and do great on it too. It's all about listening to our bodies and moderation. :D

tschaff04
12-30-2010, 12:45 PM
I joined WW online and started the new Points Plus plan the day after Christmas. I had been doing low carb before and had decided to try the new WW plan at least throughout the holidays. I am absolutely loving the new plan. I am T-2 diabetic and in just the few days on the plan my weight has dropped off plus another lb which means I'll end the year with a very good loss and my fasting blood sugar reading is back down to where the doc wants it to be. I am enjoying eating fruit and a few other carbs like popcorn that I couldn't have on low carb. I think the new plan is great. I also love being about to track everything online.

Awesome! I love being able to enjoy some things I couldn't have on other diets too. I have a 100 cal pack of popcorn most nights. Yum!

seagirl
12-30-2010, 03:21 PM
I just drove a 10th of a mile down the street to buy a cupcake. And eat it. And then track it.

I have that bottomless pit feeling in my stomach from waking up too early. Which I now realize could be heartburn. I should have bought Tums.

I think some shrimp and white rice for dinner will work to help this feeling.

Thankfully I can sleep in tomorrow, and get a walk in.

tschaff04
12-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Oh geez, I want a cupcake now. LOL I haven't had cupcakes in a loooooong time. Or any cake for that matter. My big weakness is sweets so that has been one hard temptation to keep at bay.

So I joined a gym today. Didn't have much time to really check out all the equipment but I did manage to hop on the eliptical for 15 mins. Burned 100 cals. Not all that much but hey, anythings good right? :)

This is so silly to say but I actually felt uncomfortable walking around the gym. All I saw was fit, skinny people working out and here I was overweight and feeling insecure. I guess there is only one way to get fit though and that's working out so I need to try not to be so sensitive. lol

I am in love with the fact that they have a theater room though. That's where I worked out today. It was dark and private so i can work out there without feeling embarrassed.

pattygirl63
12-31-2010, 12:22 PM
I had fried chicken last night for dinner and still stayed within my points. Still lots of weekly pts for when we go out to eat today. We are going to Ryan's and it will be easy to stay within pts. Splurge will be a small slice of carrot cake (my favorite). My weight stayed the same... scale not moving and I know that is because of the salt. So nice to be able to eat things I really enjoy and not have to feel guilty or like I've done something wrong. And then get on the scale and not show a weight gain because of what I ate is a real bonus. I'm loving WW points plus.

Y'all have a safe and fun New Year's Eve.

seagirl
12-31-2010, 12:34 PM
I slept for 11 hours last night, so I'm feeling much better today. And eating normally. I'm headed out for a walk in the woods with a friend later. Not sure how I'm celebrating yet. Maybe heading to a bar to meet a friend for a bit, maybe staying in and eating sushi and watching When Harry Met Sally.

life4evr
12-31-2010, 12:35 PM
@tschaff04 I feel the same way sometimes. But there are alot of elderly people at the gym I belong it is associated with the hospital so they have some cardiac rehab patients there and I figure if they can do it so can I.

So I will jump back on the WW and excercise badwagon on Monday since I have a lot going on this weekend. Everyone have a good New years eve. I will see you all in the new year.

tschaff04
12-31-2010, 01:17 PM
I had fried chicken last night for dinner and still stayed within my points. Still lots of weekly pts for when we go out to eat today. We are going to Ryan's and it will be easy to stay within pts. Splurge will be a small slice of carrot cake (my favorite). My weight stayed the same... scale not moving and I know that is because of the salt. So nice to be able to eat things I really enjoy and not have to feel guilty or like I've done something wrong. And then get on the scale and not show a weight gain because of what I ate is a real bonus. I'm loving WW points plus.

Y'all have a safe and fun New Year's Eve.

Congrats on no gain! Have fun at Ryan's. That used to be my favorite place to eat, but the closest one to us closed down many years ago. Mmmm, I haven't had carrot cake in a long time. Sounds so good but that's a definite trigger for me. LOL

tschaff04
12-31-2010, 01:19 PM
I slept for 11 hours last night, so I'm feeling much better today. And eating normally. I'm headed out for a walk in the woods with a friend later. Not sure how I'm celebrating yet. Maybe heading to a bar to meet a friend for a bit, maybe staying in and eating sushi and watching When Harry Met Sally.

Sounds like fun, except for the sushi. I have never been a fan. :o

We are just having a quiet night at home as a family. With two little ones we don't really do the go out for NY's thing. Might splurge and have a glass of wine. :p

tschaff04
12-31-2010, 01:21 PM
@tschaff04 I feel the same way sometimes. But there are alot of elderly people at the gym I belong it is associated with the hospital so they have some cardiac rehab patients there and I figure if they can do it so can I.

So I will jump back on the WW and excercise badwagon on Monday since I have a lot going on this weekend. Everyone have a good New years eve. I will see you all in the new year.

Glad I am not the only one who feels that way. lol It's not a HUGE gym so at least I don't have tons of people to intimidate me. But I definitely feel awkward.

None the less I am still going in today to work out for an hour. :carrot: I only got 15 mins on the elliptical yesterday and don't feel anything in my legs. I want them to hurt. lol

tschaff04
12-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Today was WI day for me. 195. 1.8 pounds lost this week. I am noticing my weight loss is slowing gradually. Hopefully incorporating the gym for an hour five days a week will do the trick.

I hope everyone has a VERY happy New Year's and enjoy yourselves. But not to much. ;)

DixC Chix
12-31-2010, 01:34 PM
I joined WW online 3/1/10 and it has helped me lose 50#. I love the new P+ and hope it will help me lose another 50+#. I like having more points to use but I do use them up just as quickly :o. I like that the weekly points went up so there is a little more wiggle (jiggle??) room especially at this time of year with all the homemade stuff that is hard to figure.

Bunti - Change is hard but its something we should do even if its just our underwear and the sheets!!! :)

Tschaff - I luv, luv, luv chunky salsa in my eggs. Its an easy way to get veggies in the morning! One of the b ravest things an overweight person can do is go to a gym. It took 2 months to talk myself into going to lift weights out on the floor where everybody can see me. I found out the skinny people watch themselves in the mirror every chance they get. They pay me no never mind whatsoever! CONGRATS on the loss - Yay!!!

Seagirl - our bodies love routine; when mine is out of whack I crave simple carbs to fuel my energy. Its not the best but to stay honest with myself I have to track it. The heartburn problem seems appear when I am not eating the 'right' foods. I can get it to back off a bit when I eat more food. However, to stop my evil :devil: cycle, I use Zegerid and that helps right away. WHMS is in my top ten movies! Enjoy!

Angeluv - sometimes fruit does that to me too. Just makes my tummy feel hollow. Sometimes I add a cheese stick and that helps.

Patty - I do like that eveything is tracked in one place and when I feel a little deprived or down about the slowness of the losses, I can look at my chart and see progress (not perfection). Ooooo, fried chicken :drool:

Happy and Safe New Year Everybody!!

tschaff04
12-31-2010, 02:22 PM
DixC Chix,

Thanks for the congrats. Also a cheese stick, or just a small amount of cheese( I find strong flavored cheese like sharp works best) paired with a piece of fruit really does the trick. A small flavorful piece of cheese always seems to satisfy me. With or without fruit. :)

tschaff04
01-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve and New Years day. I have two resolutions. Be at goal by the end of this New year, and only eat fast food once a month(eventually not at all) but only healthy choices when I do eat it once a month!!

What are some resolutions the rest of you made?

DixC Chix
01-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Find more ways to move more and sit less.

tschaff04
01-01-2011, 01:10 PM
DixC Chix, I think that's another one I need to adapt. ;)

pattygirl63
01-01-2011, 01:56 PM
NY Resolutions never work for me, but I plan to stay OP, eat healthier and exercise regularly. Had a quiet NY eve and company leaving today. House cleaning etc to get things back to normal.

Hope everyone has a nice New Years Day and that we all have a great WW P+ year.

seagirl
01-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Went to an hour and a half yoga class this morning, then just got back from an hour walk in the slushy woods - like walking in wet sand!

I bought some bread a small amount of spanish blue cheese (my trigger foods.) I had some at lunch, and some more before dinner. I'm about to wrap up the bread and put it in the freezer, and I only bought 4 oz of the cheese so that's going in the fridge.

It is so tasty, but I know it's possible to eat the entire loaf so I'm putting it out of sight, out of mind.

Making chicken and a whole bunch of mushrooms for dinner. And there are clementines for dessert.

angeluv
01-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Like i said before i started weight watchers this week and so far this whole points thing is working great for me!...its helping me realize how crazy fattening some stuff is.
The other day for lunch i had two chicken wings and french fries. I thought i hadnt done that bad..cuz its only 2 wings right?? ...the two wings were 12pts!! plus the fries was another 11pts....thats 23 pts out of my 29 pts for the day.
Its really helping me put things in perspective and say...okay i ate 23pts for lunch...now i have to find a dinner with a really low pts value...so its really keeping me in check.
Hopefully it works out long term and i could loose weight.

tschaff04
01-01-2011, 08:02 PM
You are SO right, Andeluv.

I never realized just how bad some foods were until I joined WW.

For example. Before WW, I would have gone to a restaurant and gotten some sort of salad(filled with cheese, meats, and tons of fatty dressing no less) and considered that me eating good. Uhhhh.....yeah right. Little did I know one of those salads contains 25-30 PP's. Sometimes more. That's insane!! That's double/triple what I eat now for dinner.

We were out the other day and I did really well, got a salad with no extra stuff and FF dressing. Was yummy. So I decided to check DWLZ and see what a dessert at this particular place would run me in points. The lowest point dessert on the menu was 35 points! I...about...died. :eek:

Needless to say I skipped dessert that night. ;)

angeluv
01-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Kind of upset with myself right now..its only sunday...the first day of my week..and i already used 9 of my weekly points. Having one of those days where i feel like binging. so far though only had 4 cookies for 11pts...and im really struggling to not eat another 4

staci73
01-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi all! I want to start WW online but have a question....do I need the actual materials (books, etc)? I'm thinking about going to a meeting tomorrow to get the materials but really want to order the monthly pass online today so I can start getting familiar with the new plan. My printer doesn't work so I wouldn't be able to print out proof that I ordered the monthly pass. Would I be able to walk in and buy the new plan materials with them thinking I'm not a member? Or should I just wait until tomorrow and buy the monthly pass at the meeting? Thank you for any help! Hopefully I will be in this thread often!

angeluv
01-02-2011, 08:40 PM
i do it online and i have no paper materials or kits or anything. so far its been going great. they have a ton of tools online..i think thats enough in my opinion.

tschaff04
01-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Kind of upset with myself right now..its only sunday...the first day of my week..and i already used 9 of my weekly points. Having one of those days where i feel like binging. so far though only had 4 cookies for 11pts...and im really struggling to not eat another 4

:hug: I am right there with you. The last two days I have really slipped up. I have eaten a lot of trigger foods thinking "just one bite" and of course it's never just one bite. Plus I wasn't drinking enough water these past two days and that always causes increased eating. Let's start fresh tomorrow and move forward. Positive thinking. :D

tschaff04
01-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi all! I want to start WW online but have a question....do I need the actual materials (books, etc)? I'm thinking about going to a meeting tomorrow to get the materials but really want to order the monthly pass online today so I can start getting familiar with the new plan. My printer doesn't work so I wouldn't be able to print out proof that I ordered the monthly pass. Would I be able to walk in and buy the new plan materials with them thinking I'm not a member? Or should I just wait until tomorrow and buy the monthly pass at the meeting? Thank you for any help! Hopefully I will be in this thread often!

I can't help you with the information on the meetings and monthly pass. I do WW completely online and I didn't buy any materials. The E tools and online resources they provide are more than enough to do it. Hth! ;)

staci73
01-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the reply. With what you just said and the experiences of others that I found in another thread, I think I'm just going to do the WW online. I don't even need the monthly pass, I don't know why I thought I did. So WW online it is!

tschaff04
01-02-2011, 08:45 PM
i do it online and i have no paper materials or kits or anything. so far its been going great. they have a ton of tools online..i think thats enough in my opinion.

I agree.

angeluv
01-02-2011, 08:52 PM
:hug: I am right there with you. The last two days I have really slipped up. I have eaten a lot of trigger foods thinking "just one bite" and of course it's never just one bite. Plus I wasn't drinking enough water these past two days and that always causes increased eating. Let's start fresh tomorrow and move forward. Positive thinking. :D

that is exactly what happened to me..my husband, who KNOWS i'm on a diet, brought home some cookies. He's like "oh i thought you might like these" ...LOL yeah im sure i would. I calculated the points and it was 3pts for 1 cookie so i thought, okay I could have one cookie..and then crap..they taste awesome, just one more. But two cookies equals 7pts somehow...and then 2 more was 11pts. :mad:

But yes!..tomorrow is a new day..gotta start this year off right. I'm trying to loose at least 5lbs this month..although i think i may have gained a pound or two this weekend. I just have to stick to my diet and believe in myself.

KoriHallelujah
01-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Hey all, I'm starting weight watchers online tomorrow!! I'm excited, I hope I can hopefully learn some portion control for once in my life. I hope it's effective! Never tried it before!

tschaff04
01-04-2011, 01:16 AM
that is exactly what happened to me..my husband, who KNOWS i'm on a diet, brought home some cookies. He's like "oh i thought you might like these" ...LOL yeah im sure i would. I calculated the points and it was 3pts for 1 cookie so i thought, okay I could have one cookie..and then crap..they taste awesome, just one more. But two cookies equals 7pts somehow...and then 2 more was 11pts. :mad:

But yes!..tomorrow is a new day..gotta start this year off right. I'm trying to loose at least 5lbs this month..although i think i may have gained a pound or two this weekend. I just have to stick to my diet and believe in myself.

I feel your pain. Cookies are a HUGE trigger for me. I have to stay away because there is just no stopping once I start. :(

I'm sure you can hit your monthly goal! Positive thinking! :D

tschaff04
01-04-2011, 01:17 AM
Hey all, I'm starting weight watchers online tomorrow!! I'm excited, I hope I can hopefully learn some portion control for once in my life. I hope it's effective! Never tried it before!

Welcome! It will change your life. WW is so much more than calorie counting. You will love it. ;)

pattygirl63
01-04-2011, 01:18 AM
I had my 3 month check up today to have my A1c checked for the diabetes. Doctor was very pleased with my progress. Some numbers were up a little, but he said they will come down with the exercise. He was very pleased with how the fasting blood glucose had come down since I started WW about 2 weeks ago. My BG A1c was down from 6.2 to 5.9 since my last office visit in September. He feels that I have avoided any damage the diabetes could have caused and that I should have no problems. Another bonus... I've lost 6 lbs since September.

He said he had seen the WW ad this morning with Jennifer Hudson. I told him I knew that I could improve things with low carb but that it was so much easier to do WW. He told me that any diet will work, but that we have to work at finding one that we feel comfortable with and he said that he had many of his patients doing WW. I also told him that I had read that while lots of diets worked well for people that more people who do WW seems to be more successful at keeping it off. I am very pleased with the results of my doctor's visit.

WW will help us improve our health.

tschaff04
01-04-2011, 01:30 AM
I had my 3 month check up today to have my A1c checked for the diabetes. Doctor was very pleased with my progress. Some numbers were up a little, but he said they will come down with the exercise. He was very pleased with how the fasting blood glucose had come down since I started WW about 2 weeks ago. My BG A1c was down from 6.2 to 5.9 since my last office visit in September. He feels that I have avoided any damage the diabetes could have caused and that I should have no problems. Another bonus... I've lost 6 lbs since September.

He said he had seen the WW ad this morning with Jennifer Hudson. I told him I knew that I could improve things with low carb but that it was so much easier to do WW. He told me that any diet will work, but that we have to work at finding one that we feel comfortable with and he said that he had many of his patients doing WW. I also told him that I had read that while lots of diets worked well for people that more people who do WW seems to be more successful at keeping it off. I am very pleased with the results of my doctor's visit.

WW will help us improve our health.

WAY TO GO. :carrot:

I love to see people drastically improving their health with WW. You made a great point. WW isn't for everyone but the difference in WW and other diets is people who do WW tend to keep the weight off. After all, it's a lifestyle not a diet. ;)

pattygirl63
01-04-2011, 01:34 PM
WAY TO GO. :carrot:

I love to see people drastically improving their health with WW. You made a great point. WW isn't for everyone but the difference in WW and other diets is people who do WW tend to keep the weight off. After all, it's a lifestyle not a diet. ;)

I agree tschaff and I believe that is key to the right attitude for success. Back in the summer when I learned that I was T2 diabetic, I went on strict low carb diet to get my numbers down and did so successfully. The thing was that when all the numbers became normal, I did exactly like I had aways done when dieting... I started eating again and just couldn't get back on low carb plan. I realized that I had to find something I could live with because I'm at the place now where my health is affected more. When I read about the new WW plan, I decided to do it. This time I'm not on a diet, I'm just eating the way I will be eating the rest of my life and hopefully that is going to bring me absolute successful. I love this months WW Mag... article "Little Miss Perfect" strategy of the 80/20 eating and I plan to adopt it. She says to eat healthy foods 80% of the time and then eat 20% junk. This way you are never OP and tempted to binge. She says you want the cookie... eat it, but just count it in with the pts. This is what I did during the holidays although I had not gotten the magazine yet. I ate what I wanted, but counted it within my daily pts. It paid off.

Have a good day!!

tschaff04
01-04-2011, 01:59 PM
I agree tschaff and I believe that is key to the right attitude for success. Back in the summer when I learned that I was T2 diabetic, I went on strict low carb diet to get my numbers down and did so successfully. The thing was that when all the numbers became normal, I did exactly like I had aways done when dieting... I started eating again and just couldn't get back on low carb plan. I realized that I had to find something I could live with because I'm at the place now where my health is affected more. When I read about the new WW plan, I decided to do it. This time I'm not on a diet, I'm just eating the way I will be eating the rest of my life and hopefully that is going to bring me absolute successful. I love this months WW Mag... article "Little Miss Perfect" strategy of the 80/20 eating and I plan to adopt it. She says to eat healthy foods 80% of the time and then eat 20% junk. This way you are never OP and tempted to binge. She says you want the cookie... eat it, but just count it in with the pts. This is what I did during the holidays although I had not gotten the magazine yet. I ate what I wanted, but counted it within my daily pts. It paid off.

Have a good day!!

I didn't even know they had a magazine. Sounds like a neat article. I will have to look that up. That's pretty much what I do now. I eat healthy most of the time. I would say 95% of the time. There are those occasions though that I just need to cheat a little. Maybe have a small piece of chocolate, or a bite of something sweet a sugary. lol So I do so. But I ALWAYS track that. I don't think I could adapt any "diet" that doesn't allow a little wiggle room. ;)

Eskielover
01-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Hi all. I'm glad to find this thread/board. I spent quite a bit of time looking at the Weight Watchers Online info on their site but hadn't signed up yet 'cause I wanted to find a group to "be with".

I usually do Low Carb and do lose weight with it, albeit slowly; but don't want to "get back on a diet". My niece has recently lost about 50 lbs. on WW in about a years time. She told me that she likes that she can eat "every day" food rather than diet foods...she just has to watch how much she eats. I think I would like that too.

I found lots of good recipes on the Site today so am now anxious to start. Will probably wait 'til payday to do it though.

Have a great day!
Eskielover

tschaff04
01-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi all. I'm glad to find this thread/board. I spent quite a bit of time looking at the Weight Watchers Online info on their site but hadn't signed up yet 'cause I wanted to find a group to "be with".

I usually do Low Carb and do lose weight with it, albeit slowly; but don't want to "get back on a diet". My niece has recently lost about 50 lbs. on WW in about a years time. She told me that she likes that she can eat "every day" food rather than diet foods...she just has to watch how much she eats. I think I would like that too.

I found lots of good recipes on the Site today so am now anxious to start. Will probably wait 'til payday to do it though.

Have a great day!
Eskielover

Welcome, glad to have you aboard. :D

Chrisnik
01-06-2011, 07:20 PM
So glad I found this! I have been thinking of joining ww online for a couple weeks, but have been holding back because I didn't want to do it alone. I thought it would help to have a friend do it with me. And although I haven't offically joined as of yet (waiting for extra cash) I have been trying to follow what I have found online, but then someon told me I am doing an old one. It is so confusing! I'm just going to keep on doing what I have been doing for the last week until I get the cash to do it right. But It is nice to see support online.

pattygirl63
01-06-2011, 08:53 PM
:welcome: Eskielover and Chrisnik, glad to have you here. It does help to have others to do this with.

We had originally planned to go eat at Steak 'n Shake today and we changed our minds and ended up going to Arby's. I had forgot to check nutrition before I left and for a moment when I got home thinking that maybe I should just go back to counting calories, but I've made a commitment to do the new WW pts+ and don't want to switch around like I've done in the past. So I went on line and got the nutrition for what I ate at Arby's and put it on my online tracker plus what I ate for breakfast and made my plan for the rest of the day and I'm within the 29 pts. It is so easy to "think" oh my gosh I have blown it today because I've done that so much in the past on diets when I couldn't eat "normal". Now like your friend said Eskielover, it is nice to be able to eat "everyday food", but I still find myself thinking I'm doing something wrong. I felt that way all through the Christmas holiday eating although I never went over my allowed points for each week. I guess it just takes a while to get used to the feeling that I can eat whatever I want as long as I watch the portions and amount of pts. It goes back to eating healthy 80%+ of the time and knowing I can eat what is called junk the rest of the time. Isn't that funny. All these years I spent learning NOT to eat normal because of dieting and now I'm learning how to eat normal. Go figure.:dizzy:

Have a great evening.

tytbody
01-06-2011, 09:32 PM

thinner
01-07-2011, 12:21 AM
well,WI is sunday. for your first week, about how much did you lose, and was it mostly water weight? thanks.

thinner
01-07-2011, 12:49 AM
also, i saw something that gave a number of the activity points you are supposed to get if you are on maintenance, but i cant find it again. they say 4-6 per day, which would be up to 42 per week. but i thought i saw something that said about 25 or something when you are on maintenance? not that i'm close yet, LOL

angeluv
01-07-2011, 07:21 AM
well,WI is sunday. for your first week, about how much did you lose, and was it mostly water weight? thanks.

I started last tuesday..between that tuesday and sunday - i lost a little under 4lbs but i think that is because I was sick. However, this is my first full week..officially weigh in is sunday, but so far i've gained a pound.

this weight waters thing is kind of hard after doing other diets because i feel like i'm eating too much. i'm going to give it a few weeks to see what happens.

thinner
01-07-2011, 11:24 AM
yeah some people say it is more food than what they are used to eating. maybe their bodies are so used to eating little food that when they suddenly eat more they can gain from it. dunno. at least according to my points, i've got almost a whole days points left to eat from activity a little weekly left. i had been hungry and one day went out for lunch and i ate almost double points that day lol. but for the week i have about an extra day's left. i'm not going to eat them just to eat them. i'm going to try to get my body adjusted to less food...

tschaff04
01-07-2011, 03:48 PM
WI was today. Lost 2.8 pounds. Then had a slip up so I have to be strict the rest of the day. Spaghetti squash for dinner. :)

How is everyone else doing?

Thinner- the weight you lose that first month varies but it tends to be higher and then taper off to a steady loss. I can't remember for sure but I lost an average of 4-5 pounds a week those first few weeks.

It also depends on how much you have to lose as well. ;)

pattygirl63
01-07-2011, 06:01 PM
My WI is Sunday and my weight track online said I was down another lb. I have some WW products and had been using the pts count on the boxes. I found out when I went through the book yesterday that I've been counting it wrong for PP. The 1 pt ice cream is now 2 and the WW carrot cake I love is 3 pts now instead of 1. I got my calculator today and will be able to do the calculations and check those WW foods as well. I think when I get these things straightened out I will see better results.

Went to the nail salon to get my fills done and decided to treat myself to a pedicure as well and also decided that now that I have to deal with diabetes that I am going to have pedicures more often. I've had them before but not at this place and she did such a great massage that it has to be great for circulation and of course you hear a lot about taking care of your feet when diabetic. I got to thinking about it and it has to be much cheaper than having to go pediatrist. Makes me feel good to be doing so many good things for me and my health... heating the beauty shop in the morning.

Y'all have a great evening and weekend.

thinner
01-07-2011, 09:22 PM
mmmm yeah pedicures are awesome!:) and, it's one of those rewards that are not food.

tschaff04
01-08-2011, 02:36 PM
mmmm yeah pedicures are awesome!:) and, it's one of those rewards that are not food.

Can you believe I have NEVER had a pedicure. :o

I have a thing about my feet, lol. I do my own nails and stuff but I don't like other people touching my feet. They are super ticklish and I can't handle my toenails being filed. :dizzy:

Maybe that will be something I try out as a reward once I hit my next mini goal. Or I might get my nails done. I haven't gotten to do that since before I had my son 3 years ago.

It's definitely great when we can find rewards we love that aren't food related.

tytbody
01-08-2011, 02:57 PM
you're missing out on a great experience that doesn't cost much and feels wonderful. I had it for my wedding last July and I've had Reflexolgy also. Try it. You'll always be wondering why I didn't do this sooner.

DixC Chix
01-08-2011, 05:27 PM
*singing like Julie Andrews* - Lotions and handcream and vials of perfume; Facials, massages and mani's 'n pedi's - these are a few of my favorite things!!

I plan to get a massage when I get to 220# for Valentines Day. My onederland treat is housekeeping service for a day!

What are you folks using as rewards?

Also, I just want to mention that you can put "Your Plan" on a smart phone using Mobile.weightwatchers.com. Saved me some heart break when eating out unexpectedly. Also I am lost when elec power or internet service takes a dive for even a couple of hours. I need my Plan!! :^:

pattygirl63
01-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Cheryl I agree that once you have a pedicure that you will wonder why you hadn't done it before. The first one I ever had was a few years ago when DH DD had it done for the 2 of us just before she got married. I had another one about a year ago but decided it was too experience. However as I said earlier, I decided it was not so expensive when it can keep you from having problems with your feet which would be very expensive if you had to pay a pediatrist (not sure of spelling). I also had a reflexology massage many years ago. A lot of people don't believe it works, but I do and would love to have it done again... just don't know anyone here who does it.

tschaff04 I understand how you feel about someone touching your feet. I felt the same way. Ticklish? LOL I knew my feet were ticklish on the bottom, but found out yesterday that my left foot is more ticklish than the right and my toes are even ticklish when being massaged. I used to do my own feet and my own nails, but my fingernails have started having ridges and looking old so now I have fake nails put on.

Got my PointsPlus calculator and it is amazing how empowered I feel. After I went to the beauty shop today, I went to the store and had the calculator with me. I was able to check out different foods to see if I would want to spend my points on certain foods. It also helped me to see that some foods counts were the same so that I was able to spend money on less pricey things. In fact, as much as I like the things I use online, I can do those on my own after the 3 month membership is up and save that $17.95 a month. I can get support on 3fc.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

tytbody
01-08-2011, 06:00 PM
That's right Tish. I agree on your last paragraph and the whole thing. yea .. we are doing just fine.

tschaff04
01-09-2011, 12:54 AM
I might have to try a pedi once since you ladies are raving about them. ;)

DixC Chix- I have the WW app on my phone. Couldn't leave home without it. I have it on my Ipod Touch too, simply because I have an android phone and the WW app for android is just the calculator. I love both my apps though!

pattygirl63- glad you like your calculator! I use my WW app on my phone to do that when at the grocery store but you are right. If you ever decide to quit paying you will have the basics down and a calculator to help you figure things out. I don't think I could do it without my online membership but we are all different of course. :)

thinner
01-09-2011, 11:05 AM
oooooh WI down 4 pounds! but, probably mostly water. it's also TOM, so i'll be interested to see what next week's is. crap now my food allowance is 29 points. i've got to get my body used to less food. i've exercised every day, to jolt my body into losing. that will be hard to maintain forever; i tend to take about 2 off days a week, maybe 3 depending. but maybe i can lose and get my body used to less food eventually and maintain a lower weight.

toothlady
01-10-2011, 01:07 PM
I weighed in this morning...week one of WW online!!! 6.5 lbs gone! Got my first star!!!! Loving this!!!!

Water weight loss is a loss!!!! I'll take it! WAHOO!

:dance:

angeluv
01-10-2011, 02:04 PM
I weighed in this morning...week one of WW online!!! 6.5 lbs gone! Got my first star!!!! Loving this!!!!

Water weight loss is a loss!!!! I'll take it! WAHOO!

:dance:

Wow thats awesome!! i wish i could get a drop like that

toothlady
01-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Basically I ate what I wanted and stayed within my points. I didn't use my weekly points.

I also formed a fb group of my friends who are doing it too. That helps.

It is soooo much help having my hubby on it too. He lost 11. He also works out everyday.

Thanks!

angeluv
01-10-2011, 04:24 PM
thanks i'm going to aim for that..for not using my weekly points..i didn't during the week at all..without even trying it wasnt hard..but on the weekend, when i didn't want to cook and ate out..that pretty much wiped out all my points. I've been doing it for 2 weeks and lost maybe 4lbs? its not bad but i lost all that in the first 4 days...in the last 10 days i havent lost anything.

toothlady
01-10-2011, 04:27 PM
The other thing that helped is I cooked almost every night last week but I love cooking.

Most of the meals were frozen items delivered from Schwans.com. We have a truck stop by every two weeks. Our driver told us that the nutrisystem meals are actually Schwans products.....Hmmmm...The stuff is really good! My favorite is their funnel cake fries WHICH I WAS ABLE TO HAVE LAST WEEK! Only 10 fries BUT I ate them slowly! :)

thinner
01-10-2011, 07:59 PM
oh really, nutrisystem is actually schwanns??? hmm..

6.5 is awesome! so is anything over zero for that matter. ugghh today i was home sick. i had made a dish of pasta, veggies, beans and divided it out for the week. but even divided into fifths, it's just over half my daily points. so this week will be hard. i'm trying to save my weekly points for a restaurant on saturday. maybe i'll be able to fit in doing my pack this week at the gym which gives me alot of points besides the regular workouts.

toothlady
01-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Yep. All of their meals is Schwans food from their livesmart line. I basically only will use my points if I want a glass of wine, a slice of cheesecake etc.

It's just my preference not to use them. I say if you need them though, use them.

staci73
01-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Everyone has done great this week! I weighed in this morning and was down 6.8 for my first week! But my eating habits have changed drastically so I was expecting a big drop. I work from 7pm - 5am so I used to eat at 6pm and then again around 1 am with junk throughout the night at work and that was it for the day. Now I make myself eat 4 small meals and have fruit for snacks. Plus I run a bakery out of my home on the side and had a lot of orders the last couple of weeks so I was eating a lot of leftovers from that.

Thought I was going to make it through my first week without the baked goods temptation but got 2 last minute orders! But I was very good and resisted. My son's birthday is today and I made his cake on Sunday and treated myself to a small slice and stayed within points. I also had to make up all my Valentine's Day specials so I could get pictures posted, that day was really hard! Most of my specials involve sugar cookies, which I love. After I got done working I let myself have one big cookie and was completely satisfied. Before I would have eaten all the samples!

toothlady
01-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Staci--I feel you on that! I also bake from home (I have a cookie business) and since the holidays things have slowed a bit BUT I started to crave my oatmeal raisin spice cookies so I made a batch on Sunday (48 mini cookies) and plugged the recipe into the recipe builder online and to my surprise, they are 1 point each! So I packaged them in packs of 3 (4 pts) and put them in my outdoor freezer.

Cake/Cookie batter is my weakness but I put a piece of gum in my mouth and was fine. I have 12 dozen Butter Pecan cookies to make the first week in February and I hope I can exercise the same restraint!

staci73
01-11-2011, 12:27 PM
I am so gonna steal your idea toothlady! We all love my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies here and the kids are always asking for them. I think I will make up a batch and make some mini for me, prepackage them and keep them in the freezer. I'm also going to get a pack of gum and put it right in with all my decorating tools so I can chew a piece while baking. Great ideas!!

toothlady
01-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Make them ALL mini. That will force everyone else to choose smarter portions too! :)

I used the cookie scoop that's about the same diameter as a nickel.

staci73
01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
I thought of that right after I posted the last reply, just make them all mini. I bet the only one that would notice would be my oldest (he's 15) my other two are only 5 and 3 so they wont notice that they are mini. And my husband doesn't really like sweets (I know there's something wrong with him!) so mini would be the perfect size for him.

BelovedK
01-11-2011, 07:51 PM
I wanna join :) I just started with the new system, and really like it! I have been successful on WW before, but it was meetings. I just wanted to say :wave: Now I will go back and read all of the posts :) :dizzy:

thinner
01-12-2011, 12:39 AM
oh lorrrrd, running a bakery from home:(((!!!!

tschaff04
01-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Hey everyone! Glad to see you all being so successful! And welcome BelovedK. You will love the program and I am sure do very well with it.

I can't say I am doing so well. :( I have been stuck at 192 all week, since last WI. I am not going over points but I am just not eating right. I feel really blah about my eating and have been doing some serious fruit munching lately. I have to get out of this rut.

tytbody
01-12-2011, 02:24 PM
oh lorrrrd, running a bakery from home:(((!!!!

I know and then had the nerve to talk about her daughter.

staci73
01-12-2011, 06:53 PM
I know and then had the nerve to talk about her daughter.

If this is in reference to me, where did I "have the nerve to talk about her daughter"?

I was simply posting about one of the obstacles I face. I thought this was a support thread where we could talk about these things. Maybe I was wrong?

tytbody
01-12-2011, 06:55 PM
I was talking about the mother daughter team. The baker and her daughter who was over 300 pounds. Not anyone on here.

staci73
01-12-2011, 08:15 PM
I was talking about the mother daughter team. The baker and her daughter who was over 300 pounds. Not anyone on here.

Ok, sorry was confused since I just posted about running a bakery out of my home.

Is this on a show you're watching?

staci73
01-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Hey everyone! Glad to see you all being so successful! And welcome BelovedK. You will love the program and I am sure do very well with it.

I can't say I am doing so well. :( I have been stuck at 192 all week, since last WI. I am not going over points but I am just not eating right. I feel really blah about my eating and have been doing some serious fruit munching lately. I have to get out of this rut.

Would trying some new recipes help maybe? When I did WW before I found that when I got into a rut or started falling into bad habits again trying something new would help me get back on track. I already have a couple of recipes set aside for when I need that boost down the road. You have really done great so far!

tytbody
01-12-2011, 09:04 PM
now see how we get things mixed up. There is a mother and daughter who also have a bakery.

thinner
01-12-2011, 10:42 PM
well right now i can't stand to watch food commercials on tv:(( whew.....gonna do it, or pass out trying, you know.

ifatfirstwpg
01-13-2011, 01:20 PM
I have been very successful with ww in the past, I did however recently fall off the wagaon in a major way. That is my problem, I am either watching - or not watching. In the past 3 months I have gained 30 of the 50 lbs I lost. Again, I tend to lose quickly but gain it even faster. Not uncommon for me to gain 6-7 lbs in a week if I fall of the wagon. Anyhow just saw the new weight watcher program, and although they are trying to breathe new life into WW. I need some help. Its great that fresh fruit, and veggies are now mostly zero point foods HOWEVER I am now a diabetic so I can only have up to two small fruit a day anyhow. Any ideas from members what to do. Should I just go back to the old program?

tschaff04
01-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Staci73- I think that is EXACTLY what is wrong. I eat the same foods, same meals, same snacks. I have found what works for me and gotten to comfortable with it. I need new ideas. New snack ideas especially, and meal ideas. I need to go on a search I suppose.

ifatfirstwpg- I don't know much about the diabetic thing. I have never had it but my dad is a full blown diabetic and enjoys many fruits. I guess that depends on the person. I wouldn't go back to the old plan, for one because it wasn't working that great for you and for two because the new plan gives us a sort of push in the right direction making better food choices. It can be tough at some points along the way, I am going through a rocky road on my journey right now, but we have to push through and we will feel stronger for doing so. If you have any questions I am glad to try to help! :)

gettingfit
01-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Hello everyone,
I found 3FC site by doing searches looking for information on WW. I joined WW online last Monday and it has really helped me. So far, in a weeks time, I've lost exactly 6 lbs. & can really tell the difference. I've mostly been eating WW meals b/c they are convenient and taste pretty good. I really enjoy the WW ice cream sandwiches...can't tell the difference in taste. However, this week I've started eating more of salads which have been very fulfilling. Before now you couldn't get me to eat salads, fruits or many vegetables. As w/many I picked up my new years resolution to lose weight and I'm really determined this time around:carrot: Eating better & exercising daily! Can't wait to see the finish look...watch out now:o

I believe my only problem would be w/alcoholic beverages. There's really not much on WW to help you count your points accurately. This is an important piece of the equation for me b/c my family gets together most every weekend (friday, saturday & some sundays) & we have wine or vodka or maybe both...lol. If anyone have any info on how to calculate points per drink this would be a great help.

Lets get it!!!

ifatfirstwpg
01-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the input TSCHAFF04. I guess I should have said I was a type 2 diabetic. Your dad sounds like he is a type 1 ( my son happens to be a type 1). Both of these are very different. As my son can have as much fruit as he wants as he takes insulin. I only have to t ake oral medication at this point but have to limit my sugars- from natural & refined sources. So thats my issue/problem.

ifatfirstwpg
01-13-2011, 06:07 PM
to answer your question getting fit t here is a great website DWLZ and if you search t here you will get all the point info you need help with. Thera are also many other sites if you use your computer wiasely that can help. I am not familiar with the online version of WW but I am sure there is a way to accurately look up points values or submit a question

tschaff04
01-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the input TSCHAFF04. I guess I should have said I was a type 2 diabetic. Your dad sounds like he is a type 1 ( my son happens to be a type 1). Both of these are very different. As my son can have as much fruit as he wants as he takes insulin. I only have to t ake oral medication at this point but have to limit my sugars- from natural & refined sources. So thats my issue/problem.

I am not sure what type he is. He takes A LOT of insulin, but he has it bad. He has lost parts of his feet over it and his legs are awful. He has these attacks often too. It's pretty scary in any case. :(

tschaff04
01-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone,
I found 3FC site by doing searches looking for information on WW. I joined WW online last Monday and it has really helped me. So far, in a weeks time, I've lost exactly 6 lbs. & can really tell the difference. I've mostly been eating WW meals b/c they are convenient and taste pretty good. I really enjoy the WW ice cream sandwiches...can't tell the difference in taste. However, this week I've started eating more of salads which have been very fulfilling. Before now you couldn't get me to eat salads, fruits or many vegetables. As w/many I picked up my new years resolution to lose weight and I'm really determined this time around:carrot: Eating better & exercising daily! Can't wait to see the finish look...watch out now:o

I believe my only problem would be w/alcoholic beverages. There's really not much on WW to help you count your points accurately. This is an important piece of the equation for me b/c my family gets together most every weekend (friday, saturday & some sundays) & we have wine or vodka or maybe both...lol. If anyone have any info on how to calculate points per drink this would be a great help.

Lets get it!!!

As for the alcohol you can almost always find nutritional info online. Just type in nutritional information on *insert beverage name here*

And like the PP said DWLZ is an amazing site as well.

staci73
01-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Hello everyone,

Lets get it!!!

When I did WW a couple of years ago I used to drink on the weekends with friends while grilling out. At that time my weigh in day was on Monday and I rarely had a loss, I moved my weigh in day to later in the week (thursday I think) and it helped a lot. Not only was I actually losing but weighing in just before the weekend helped me drink less because I was still on my high of just losing a couple more pounds.

tytbody
01-13-2011, 10:29 PM
we had a lady that stll drinkd her hennessy and lost the most weight. she's not the largest lady in the group either.

thinner
01-16-2011, 08:47 AM
WI down 2.4 pounds. at first i was disappointed after what felt like near starvation except for yesterday, and pushing it for near daily workouts, because of course i was hoping for another 4. then i remembered that other year i busted it at the gym and saw either no loss or 0.5 pounds per week. so, i'll take a 2.5! and of course, the 4 was partly water, and i did eat more on teh afternoon before WI.

tschaff04
01-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Hey everyone. Hope everyone is doing well!

I am trying to find some new WW friendly meal and snack ideas. Any suggestions?

tytbody
01-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Boiled eggs
Celery peanut butter, 1 tbs
Jolly time popcorn,
Grapefruit all fruit
49 pistachios
22 almonds

String cheese and fruit

Eskielover
01-19-2011, 10:23 AM
I haven't joined WW yet--didn't have the extra $$ last payday so will wait until the first of the month. I have been checking out the WW site and reading the posts here and find that I have questions.

When you join WW Online the Plan, recipes, tracking tools, etc are all online, right? You get no books & food journals? I'm asking because I was planning on joining online, but I wouldn't do well with posting everything online; I like writing my foods down and having the booklets to carry with me and refer to often. (I don't do the phone apps thing)

So if I would join the "at home" program, I could buy the kit? How do you sign up for the At Home program as I didn't see that anywhere on the WW site?

Are there any other charges besides the kit when you do the AT Home program? I noticed that several have bought their kits through eBay--I assume they are cheaper there?

And wouldn't it just be cheaper/easier to go to sign up at a meeting to get the tools and then switch to doing it at home?

Sorry, way to many questions! Would appreciate some answers 'cause right now I'm pretty confused.

Thanks!!!

toothlady
01-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Not sure of fees for your location but here:

Online only--17.95/mo
Meetings--17.00/week---includes e tools
Monthly pass-includes e tools--39.95/mo

I have found that all the info I need is online and didn't need to buy any other materials. I went the cheap route and am doing great. I formed a facebook group which serves as my meetings and the majority of the women there are having great success as well.

ckatgo
01-20-2011, 08:55 AM
HMMMM...I never thought of a facebook page. That is a good idea!

staci73
01-20-2011, 09:07 AM
I also just do the online WW and have not bought any other materials. I do want to buy a calculator though just to have it in the grocery store with me. You can always keep a journal to write everything in if that helps. Good luck with which ever option you choose!

VeggieGurlShay
01-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Hi I'm new to the forum. And I'm new to WW. I decided to go with WW because it just kept showing up in my life. I'm a little afraid that I'll be starving all the time and that it wont work for me. I know a lot of ppl who swear by it. I've found an exercise DVD that I like and so I'm just going to close my eyes, stick to my points, exercise with the DVD and post in the forums and see if it'll work.

thinner
01-23-2011, 12:26 PM
grrrr, gained .4 pound this week:(((( guess part of what i had lost was quite a bit of water due to the sudden food restriction. and yesterday i did have a big meal in the early afternoon which could be some more water retention. for the week, i exceeded point totals by about 10 mostly because i missed a workout due to an icy road day and didnt do anything at home that day. but that's just one day out of several in a row. guess i'll just have to watch closer this week.

toothlady
01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
HMMMM...I never thought of a facebook page. That is a good idea!

A lot of people on the WW boards (which I hate) complained about the privacy issues but what I did was I made the group 'closed' at first so anyone could search for it and ask to be invited. Once we reached 50 members, I made the group secret so only those who were members could invite others. It can all be done without anyone having to become your friend that you don't know.

Closed group--anyone can see the member names but not the group content.

Secret group--group name nor members or content can be seen.

It's working great for us!

toothlady
01-24-2011, 09:48 AM
I also just do the online WW and have not bought any other materials. I do want to buy a calculator though just to have it in the grocery store with me. You can always keep a journal to write everything in if that helps. Good luck with which ever option you choose!

Do you use the mobile phone tools? They work great! IMO, the calculator sucks. It's so hard to press the buttons. You have to press really hard. Don't know if that's just my calculator of if that's the way all of them are. I'd rather pull out my iphone. :dizzy:

tytbody
01-24-2011, 10:18 AM
it's all of them. Mine is a pita also.I don't even use it. Piece of junk. They could have at least got one with decent size buttons like a *regular* calculator. We don't care how large it is.

I bet people with larger fingers hate even more.

toothlady
01-24-2011, 10:25 AM
I mean, I try to press '2' and and end up pressing '22' because the buttons are two freakin' hard to press. A mess!

staci73
01-24-2011, 01:25 PM
No, I don't use the mobile phone tools. I had planned on getting the calculator last Monday, but it didn't quite work out. There's a monday evening meeting in another town so i thought I would just get it there, but I wrote the adress down wrong and couldn't find the church. Maybe I don't want the calculator after what you guys have said. I'm pretty good at estimating points but I just wanted to be able to compare brands at the store.

toothlady
01-24-2011, 01:34 PM
No, I don't use the mobile phone tools. I had planned on getting the calculator last Monday, but it didn't quite work out. There's a monday evening meeting in another town so i thought I would just get it there, but I wrote the adress down wrong and couldn't find the church. Maybe I don't want the calculator after what you guys have said. I'm pretty good at estimating points but I just wanted to be able to compare brands at the store.

Well if you're using it just for that, you may be okay. BUT just be prepared to spend some time pushing REALLY hard on those buttons to get them to work.....:D

tschaff04
01-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Been sorta mia lately. Just checking in. Glad to see everyone is doing well. I am down to 186 but official WI day is tomorrow so I am hoping for maybe half a pound more loss. I can dream can't I? lol

tytbody
01-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Been sorta mia lately. Just checking in. Glad to see everyone is doing well. I am down to 186 but official WI day is tomorrow so I am hoping for maybe half a pound more loss. I can dream can't I? lol

as you should. That's what works. We have to see the image we want so it can happen.

ShylahEQ
01-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi everyone! New to WW Online (just started Wed!)

Nervous because I'm a previous Cal Counter and it seems like I'm eating SO much more food.

life4evr
01-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Hi I am doing WW online I keep bouncing back and forth between threads on here. Anyway I am finding a hard time finding my motivation for exercise :(.

Tudor Rose
01-29-2011, 02:36 PM
I just got a brand new ipod touch yesterday, and one of the first apps I got was the WW Online one. I am already in love! I'm doing WW online, and didn't buy the new Points Plus calc, so I'm definitely digging the fact that I can just use the one on my new iPod. And I can keep track of my points while I'm out and on the go.

thinner
01-30-2011, 02:34 PM
hey, how's everybody doing? i actually lost 1.4 pounds this week, which is one plus the .4 that i gained a week agao. this is crazy. i hadnt logged food in the past 3-4 days because i spent that much time cleaning my house to get ready for a party, and i sampled as i was cooking lol. but i did alot of work and burned some cals. but if i had logged those points, i would have been over and it was too hard to keep track of each taste. i didnt eat that many real meals though. now i have leftovers that i'm eating, freezing, not throwing away. gonna get back to the gym though.

tytbody
01-30-2011, 02:56 PM
What did you cook Thinner? I didn't lose a pound or a piece of one.

thinner
01-30-2011, 03:54 PM
i threw a little fiesta:) i got this quessadilla maker that i wanted for christmas and i got the red old elpaso crockpot to match:) i ended up making too much food and some people cancelled. i made this mexican casserole with the seasoned beef mixture, green peppers, onioins, etc, refried beans, bit of mushroom soup and milk, sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, layered with tortillias, similar rice concoction. lots of toppings. for dessert a three-milk cake and brownies with some cinnamon, dash of pepper, ice cream, butter rum sauce, and margaritas and limeade to drink. does any of this sound low cal???? omg.

thinner
01-30-2011, 03:55 PM
i'm sorry you said you didnt lose:((( THAT SUXXX!! i knowwww!!! how much have u lost since u been doing ww?

tytbody
01-30-2011, 04:17 PM
7 pounds. Minor for sure. But ....it's not going up. You made delicious food.

thinner
01-30-2011, 04:41 PM
thanks. they seemed to like it. the thing is, the quessadilla maker was the reason for the fiesta, right, well i never even made any!!!! i didnt have time before they got there, so i said yall go on and start with all the other stuff and i'll make quessas with whatever you want in them. they said no this is enough and i never made any! so that was the joke, that everything was good except the quessadillas lol.

well i know its disappointing. 7 in how long? do u have any idea why? i know my body is jacked up and i have to jolt it to get it in losing mode. but these past 4 days have been verrry tiring. i went nonstop, to the point where i had to physically just sit down some in the afternoons. at least next week will be normal on the gym routine. and mon i have to help with a reception all day at work so i'll be up and about all day then too. but eating, again lol...

toothlady
01-31-2011, 09:09 AM
I am TOO excited! I am down another 3 lbs this week! So that's 12.5 lbs down for the month of January!!! I am SO EXCITED!!!!

uncontentgirl
01-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi Everyone! I just joined WW online yesterday and i'm really excited and optimistic!

Hi everyone! New to WW Online (just started Wed!)

Nervous because I'm a previous Cal Counter and it seems like I'm eating SO much more food.

I felt this way too! I've been counting calories for YEARS so it's going to be hard for me to stop this habit!

tytbody
01-31-2011, 01:54 PM
don't stop. it can't hurt to calorie count it's just not mixing up the two ww programs, i.e. momentum and points plus.

thinner
03-03-2011, 10:06 PM
well i'm out of ww at the end of march. i'm not even logging food or weight now. i've been keeping up exercise, like hiking and a backpacking trip on some mountains. i'm not even really counting anything right now. but, i'm gonna go back to counting calories.

tytbody
03-03-2011, 10:12 PM
i'm out also. told them to cancel me when they took money out of my account this month. I want it back. I don't even use the site or count nothing. I know how much to put on my plate and when to eat.

toothlady
03-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Well I am still hanging in there! As of today, I am 22 lbs down (since Jan 3). Even with my baking business, I am managing not to eat cookie dough or cake batter! As a matter of fact, I made a purse cake yesterday and didn't even eat any Marshmallow Fondant! I am totally hoping to hit my goal by August!

tytbody
03-19-2011, 02:24 PM
marshmellow fondant sounds good. lol. It must very more hard for you since you bake. I was taught to taste as I cook so I'd be trying out the batter no matter what it was, if I baked it, it gets sampled.

Congrats on the loss. It still feels good and you feel better and most of all, you know you can do it. You got positive feedback on yourself efforts.

staci73
03-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Well I am still hanging in there! As of today, I am 22 lbs down (since Jan 3). Even with my baking business, I am managing not to eat cookie dough or cake batter! As a matter of fact, I made a purse cake yesterday and didn't even eat any Marshmallow Fondant! I am totally hoping to hit my goal by August!

I'm still in also. Down 18.5 since Jan.4 but have gone off plan the last week because of a death in the family. I plan to get back on plan tomorrow and get back to my workouts. I'm sure I gained a pound or two this week. We haven't eaten at home in a week now. And it is really hard to pass up church lady baked goods!

Ever since you suggested chewing gum while baking I have been doing really good about not sampling my stuff too much. I have had a lot of orders lately and I really really want to sample everything but if I can make it past the first 10 minutes of wanting it then the want passes.

Great job on your loss so far!

toothlady
03-21-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm still in also. Down 18.5 since Jan.4 but have gone off plan the last week because of a death in the family. I plan to get back on plan tomorrow and get back to my workouts. I'm sure I gained a pound or two this week. We haven't eaten at home in a week now. And it is really hard to pass up church lady baked goods!

Ever since you suggested chewing gum while baking I have been doing really good about not sampling my stuff too much. I have had a lot of orders lately and I really really want to sample everything but if I can make it past the first 10 minutes of wanting it then the want passes.

Great job on your loss so far!

Same to you! Great Job!

The gum chewing is a life saver while i'm in the kitchen! LOL
I am so sorry for your loss. And I understand what you mean about baked goods from the church ladies! But you have the right attitude....Just dust yourself off and get going again!

tytbody
03-21-2011, 11:08 AM
You know it's true, someone mentioned it even being difficult when the WW magazine is so full of FOOD recipies. Ya know, I know food is our problem, so is the right way to treat it to put recipes that look scrumptious in our faces?

What's your take on the recipes .!?

toothlady
03-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Personally I love the recipes. Every recipe that I make I am sure to add them to my Paprika app in my ipad and I save them with points values so they are easy to access.

Also, I use my online recipe builder ALL THE TIME to try to make the recipes 'lighter' or less points.

Without the recipes, I would probably run out of ideas and get bored with eating the same thing. I think the variety helps.

For me at this point, food itself isn't the issue. For me, portions is/was my issue. So I am totally fine with the recipes.

chandracz
03-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to weight watchers. I'm having a hard time with "letting go" of the food but I'm doing it. Any tips or tricks?

toothlady
03-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to weight watchers. I'm having a hard time with "letting go" of the food but I'm doing it. Any tips or tricks?

What do you mean by 'letting go'?

I, personally, still eat the same things I did before. So I am not giving up much of anything. That's why I think I am being successful with this (the only time EVER).....Totally not depriving myself of anything.

Now the thing is, the portions. I measure/weigh EVERYTHING!!!!! It amazes me how much I USED to eat! And it also amazes me that I can be satisfied after having a proper portion size! It actually feels good to be able to eat and not feel miserable after eating!

staci73
03-21-2011, 02:34 PM
What do you mean by 'letting go'?

I, personally, still eat the same things I did before. So I am not giving up much of anything. That's why I think I am being successful with this (the only time EVER).....Totally not depriving myself of anything.

Now the thing is, the portions. I measure/weigh EVERYTHING!!!!! It amazes me how much I USED to eat! And it also amazes me that I can be satisfied after having a proper portion size! It actually feels good to be able to eat and not feel miserable after eating!

Same here! I still make the same foods I always have. I will tweak them if possible to make them lighter/less points but still make the same things. My problem has always been the amount that I eat. I also measure/weigh everything now. We just had chili dogs for dinner a couple of weeks ago and the point value wasn't very high because I used turkey dogs and measured the amount of cheese I used. Then I added a salad and a fruit and was satisfied until my luch break at work later that night. Before I would have had 2 chili dogs (not the turkey kind) with a ton of cheese and felt miserable!

I always hold on to most or all of my weekly points just in case there is a treat that I want that I may not have planned for. Good luck!!

toothlady
03-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Another week, another loss! 1.5 lbs! Total down since Jan 3 is 24.5!

I just started exercising yesterday so I'm hoping to keep it going! Got the WW punch set. Love it! It's like boxing!

tytbody
03-28-2011, 02:13 PM
punch the pounds away toothlady. Glad you are excited, keep on the road and you will meet your ultimate goal. Heck, you've really already done it as your goal was to lose weight and you're doing it quite nicely.

Robin
03-28-2011, 08:52 PM
I had an awesome weigh-in today! My weight is 200.2 which means I lost 3.4 pounds and 18.8 pounds total since Jan. 24th. I am so excited that I'll be in the 100's very soon! I've been doing intervals between walking and running/jogging 3 miles 4-5 days per week and it has definitely become easier. I can't ask for much better right now!

dragonlady1978
03-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Congratulations Toothlady and Robin :)

I need to start a more structured exercise routine, currently I only do yoga a few days a week. I wish I could ride my bike more because I love it, doesn't feel like exercise to me. Hard to get away with hubby, 3 kids, and a small zoo at my house. I suppose I need to quit waiting for free time I don't have and dust off the old Gazelle. Better than nothing.

I have the Zumba dvds and tried those a few times. It was both painful and hilarious. Way too much jiggling for my jello-y body, but I think I'd like to give it another shot in a few months after I've lost some more weight.

I've lost 18.2 pounds in 6 weeks. I was ecstatic not to have put a few back on like I usually do with TOM. I hope it doesn't stall me for long-it feels SO good to see those numbers going down!

toothlady
03-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Great Job Robin and dragon lady!

Thanks also.

thinner
04-04-2011, 12:58 AM
@tybody, how u doing now? yep, i quit ww. trying to get everything in place for me to start counting cals again. i know the scale is up some from a few weeks ago:(( but, i'm still wearing smaller clothes than last time it was up. and someone who hadn't seen me since christmas said i'd lost alot. so maybe all the exercise is paying off. i've been trying to strengthen my leg due to a knee injury, and my knee feels much much better at least. two ankle turns and a hamstring something in the meantime, but i'm still in one piece now. doing more water exercise things instead of kettlebells right now, but i'm trying to keep strength exercises up too. so if i can just cut the calories again then maybe i'll lose some.

izzystizzy
04-10-2011, 03:02 PM
hey Everyone!

I am back on track! After years of having so many weight watchers books and doing the old program at home... I decided to purchase the new one.. as I am so concern with the new "nutrition trends" concerning to good fat... protein and so on..

Is everyone here doing the Pro points (The Point plus in US) at home???

Wish a great sunday for all of us :)

tytbody
04-10-2011, 09:29 PM
I was doing it but gave up. I was sick of looking at every single thing i put in my mouth. I have now learned eat what I like, the correct portion size, eat fruit and veggies and I will okay.. Sorry I can't help but I know no matter what you do, you will learn something about the way you eat. and how much.

So best to you in Germany and yes, It is Points Plus here in USA.

toothlady
04-25-2011, 10:47 PM
hey Everyone!

I am back on track! After years of having so many weight watchers books and doing the old program at home... I decided to purchase the new one.. as I am so concern with the new "nutrition trends" concerning to good fat... protein and so on..

Is everyone here doing the Pro points (The Point plus in US) at home???

Wish a great sunday for all of us :)

I am doing the Points Plus and I love it! I think it is (now that I have been on it since Jan 3) easy. It's totally a part of my life now and I am determined to keep it that way.

As of today, I am down 28 lbs! That's since Jan 3rd. All other weight was prior to WW over a period of about 2 years. I love this plan!

BrianaSalvatore
05-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Hi All,

So I am starting my WW journey again. I have recently gained 10+ in the last 6 months and need to get back on the wagon. I have since switched over to the WW+ and am finding I'm not staying full and need to find some low pt. chocolate fixes. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, it seems as though 29 pts is awfully high for me, is this right?

Thanks for the help!

Briana

Lovely
05-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Hi All,

So I am starting my WW journey again. I have recently gained 10+ in the last 6 months and need to get back on the wagon. I have since switched over to the WW+ and am finding I'm not staying full and need to find some low pt. chocolate fixes. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, it seems as though 29 pts is awfully high for me, is this right?

Thanks for the help!

Briana

Good for you getting back on plan =)

If you aren't staying full... are you using higher fiber foods? Getting in all your daily fruits & vegetables (remember a lot of these are zero points now so be checking). And using power foods that often have more bang for your buck? Like brown rice instead of white rice? Whole wheat breads instead of white breads, etc? Are you getting in enough water at the same time? And using your weekly points wisely? 29 points is right for your daily amount. While they upped the daily points they also upped the points of a lot of foods. It evens out.

toothlady
05-31-2011, 09:37 AM
I love the new points plus program. I am now down 32.5 lbs since starting it on Jan 3rd.

I think I am most successful because I am now so open with my journey via my blog AND the facebook group that I formed--that a couple of you are a part of as well.

I love this! Can't wait to enter the 220s!

sh1BBN
07-05-2011, 01:21 PM
I joined WW online today - it was something I KNEW I needed to do but just kept putting off. I can't phyically go to meetings because of class/work - hoping that I can be successful doing this somewhat on my own. Looking for lots of support here from everyone who has been so successful! 3FC is awfully inspiring. Glad I finally grabbed the bull by the horns (or the fat by the handle!) and am doing this. I need this.

toothlady
07-05-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm now down 36 lbs using points plus since Jan.

I formed a group on Facebook of people doing WW. It's sooooo supportive. Several people on this thread have joined. If you'd like to let me know.

***I'm online only too. Hate the meetings. FB is like a 24-7 meeting. Just let me know if you want to be invited. It's a secret/private by invite only group.

authentic
07-05-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm now down 36 lbs using points plus since Jan.

I formed a group on Facebook of people doing WW. It's sooooo supportive. Several people on this thread have joined. If you'd like to let me know.

***I'm online only too. Hate the meetings. FB is like a 24-7 meeting. Just let me know if you want to be invited. It's a secret/private by invite only group.

I am down 66 lbs since December using WW online and points plus. I would LOVE to join your facebook group if you are taking people in. Please im me, I am very interested in getting/giving more support.

toothlady
07-05-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm on my way home right now but shoot me an email with your fb name and I'll add you when I get there.

Toothlady@alumni.unc.edu

jwillits
07-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Its nice to be able to read the success you all have had and he make me want to do this more. I started PP the end of Dec. and lost 8 and then I stopped losing and got depressed. My friend got me doing Atkins for 2 weeks and I lost 3 lbs thats all. I feel tired all the time and I feel deprived because I like to eat chips and a few other things you can't have on the no carb diets. I think that I will be returning to WW the PP program. Thanks a million.

thinner
07-11-2011, 10:54 PM
hi yall...looks like there is less of yall here now, lol! do what you can do. esp if it's working for you. i'm not really on a plan per se. i just need to eat healthier. i won't weigh so i don't really know pounds. i'm not measuring inches either. i get the comments that i've lost some, and i fit in some different clothes in the past couple of months or so. just trying to do as much exercise as i can and not gorge myself (too much..).

toothlady
07-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Yeah, there's not a lot of people here actually doing WW anymore (so it seems). That's why I started my facebook group--it has been a tremendous success too!

jwillits
07-19-2011, 11:11 PM
You have a facebook group that sounds great it sounds like a lot of work but if it helps that is great. Can anyone get on your facebook site it sounds like it would help alot. Thanks

parbtani
07-22-2011, 05:09 AM
:carrot: HELLO WW MEMBERS:) I ACTUALLY JUST OPENED UP THIS ACOUNT TODAY AND STARTED WW POINTS PLUS 2 DAYS AGO. LOOKING FOWARD TO MEETING NEW PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING THROUGH THIS PROGRAM AS WELL.
IVE BEEN THROUGH THIS PATH BEFORE BUT THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TRYING OUT WW. I AM VERY EXCITED AND HOPING THAT I AM ABLE TO STAY IN TRACK WITH IT ALL.:carrot:

parbtani
07-22-2011, 05:14 AM
Quick ? How Do I Get One Of Those Cute Tracking Graphs That Shows How Much Weight Has Been Lost:)

toothlady
07-23-2011, 03:54 PM
You have a facebook group that sounds great it sounds like a lot of work but if it helps that is great. Can anyone get on your facebook site it sounds like it would help alot. Thanks

The facebook group is private so none of your friends can see what is posted there. They can't even see the group. If you want to join, you have to be invited. I can invite you. I'd have to make you a friend first and then invite you. After that, I will dissolve the friendship. Just let me know if you want to join. my email is toothlady@alumni.unc.edu Send the email to me there and I will get the ball rolling!

It's a great support and you will get lots of email/notifications!!!! As the group is very active. We share photos of our food and just our daily experiences. Again, just let me know.

jwillits
07-23-2011, 10:08 PM
How do you all get the cute graphs I have tried somewhere but I can't get it to work.

toothlady
07-23-2011, 10:31 PM
You mean the ticker???? Go to this site:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet/weight-tracker/

Then once created copy the address and paste it into your signature panel in the UserCP edit signature section.

Here are some other instructions:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/223831-3-fat-chicks-weight-loss-ticker.html

Hope this helps.

trowter
07-24-2011, 01:54 AM
Hi toothlady,
I just sent you an email to join your FB group if you are accepting new members.
thanks

parbtani
07-24-2011, 02:22 AM
the i really wanted a tracker lol but since im a new member to the site it is not allowing me to post one for another 20 days lol. so today was my fourth day on ww points plus. its been getting alot easier for me. im not even eating all my points which is great because my first 2 days i felt like there just wasnt enough points in the world to fill me up.but it mind over matter.
im very excited to meet new people and stack in track with this all. cant wait.:D

Lovely
07-24-2011, 03:37 AM
the i really wanted a tracker lol but since im a new member to the site it is not allowing me to post one for another 20 days lol. so today was my fourth day on ww points plus. its been getting alot easier for me. im not even eating all my points which is great because my first 2 days i felt like there just wasnt enough points in the world to fill me up.but it mind over matter.
im very excited to meet new people and stack in track with this all. cant wait.:D

Hey there =) Glad you're excited and staying on track! :D

Remember to at least eat all of your Daily Points. If you eat too few points each day it's not healthy, because you aren't getting enough nutrients and calories to sustain your body.

Eating too little can be just as bad as eating too much. Aim to eat on target each day. :yes:

Best of luck! You can do this!

ladynredd
07-24-2011, 02:23 PM
toothlady: I'd like to be invited into your FB group. I plan on taking advantage of their $1 sign-up special and join next week (gotta wait for payday!

toothlady
07-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Hi toothlady,
I just sent you an email to join your FB group if you are accepting new members.
thanks
I got it and I requested you on FB. Just waiting for you to approve to add you.

toothlady
07-24-2011, 11:49 PM
toothlady: I'd like to be invited into your FB group. I plan on taking advantage of their $1 sign-up special and join next week (gotta wait for payday!

I will be glad to add you. Just follow the instructions in my above post (#159) first.

toothlady
07-24-2011, 11:51 PM

You don't have to wait 20 days. You have to have a total of 20 posts first.

SLIMplicity
07-25-2011, 12:23 AM
Hi everyone! :gossip:
So I started WW las week..my first weigh in is this wednesday..
I'm still trying to adjust to the points system..
I guess I'm just checking to see what y'all eat..and if there is any cool low point snacks, meals..
I want to do this and I hope I lose weight on the program..I haven't eaten any of my "extra points" I'm afraid I will gain..is that accurate?

ladynredd
07-25-2011, 10:10 AM
I got your friend request, Val, and left a little message on your wall.

Could someone explain to me the difference between the new "points plus" program and the Momentum program? I know WW has revamped the points system, some things have less points, some things have more ... I'm confused as usual.

toothlady
07-25-2011, 11:21 AM
I got your friend request, Val, and left a little message on your wall.

Could someone explain to me the difference between the new "points plus" program and the Momentum program? I know WW has revamped the points system, some things have less points, some things have more ... I'm confused as usual.

If Momentum is the old plan, the points were lower for the foods and even fruits and vegetables had points. Your daily points were also lower.

Glad you joined my group. YOU WILL LOVE IT!

toothlady
07-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Hi everyone! :gossip:
So I started WW las week..my first weigh in is this wednesday..
I'm still trying to adjust to the points system..
I guess I'm just checking to see what y'all eat..and if there is any cool low point snacks, meals..
I want to do this and I hope I lose weight on the program..I haven't eaten any of my "extra points" I'm afraid I will gain..is that accurate?

I didn't use any points at first but I found as I went along, I actually lost more when I did. Especially if you are exercising, your body will need more fuel.

SLIMplicity
07-27-2011, 03:56 PM
I lost 4 lbs today in my first weigh in yeahhh me!! I'm liking WW so far! :)

parbtani
07-27-2011, 07:43 PM
i had my first weigh in and im a bit confused ive done points plus before and the first week i had lost 8 pounds this time around i didnt lose ANYTHING at all. Ive been eating within my points. not too sure on whats going on.....:?:

parbtani
08-24-2011, 04:53 AM
well after over a month back on points plus no luck and i went to the doc.and have en diagnosed with pcos.so now it makes sense...so im going to try atkins if any of you girls know a good diet for pcos please let me know

ladynredd
08-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Had my weigh-in this morning and lost another 1.2 lbs. :carrot: I am really enjoying the new PP plan and am working to incorporate more exercise in my life. Going to Curves this morning for my first workout on the machines.

toothlady
08-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Had my weigh-in this morning and lost another 1.2 lbs. :carrot: I am really enjoying the new PP plan and am working to incorporate more exercise in my life. Going to Curves this morning for my first workout on the machines.

I think I congratulated you on our fb group but if not, CONGRATS!

toothlady
08-24-2011, 01:28 PM
well after over a month back on points plus no luck and i went to the doc.and have en diagnosed with pcos.so now it makes sense...so im going to try atkins if any of you girls know a good diet for pcos please let me know

I have PCOS and have done very well on WW. gotta update my ticker. I am down 40.5 lbs since Jan.

Did your doc put you on metformin? That's what helped me and metformin can help with the weight loss. My OB put me on it. I don't have to take it anymore since losing th weight though. Let me know if you need additional advice! I can possibly lead you to the right direction. Good Luck!