WW At Home - WW @ Home General Chat and Support 1

Cape Breton Chick
12-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Hey there everyone! I have just purchased my @ Home kit online through a rep. on ebay and plan on doing it on my own without online tools or meetings using the materials provided.. I thought maybe we could all benefit from a place where all of us "At Homers" could chat, vent support and encourage one another daily... I have searched through and have not found a thread like this, but if i maybe just missed it and there already is one, I would like to apologize in advance...

I hope we can all get to know one another and come together to help each other get to our goals! Jump on in and introduce yourselves...:) My name is Angela, I am the Director and Preschool Teacher in a daycare.. I have had an on again off again relationship with getting healthy for a year and a half now, and am finally fed up and am committing to the new Weight Watchers program and I am super excited about it and can not wait to get started when my kit arrives! :) I am 33 years old and have about 80 or so pounds i would like to lose.

tytbody
12-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Hi Angela, I don't know if I'll be doing my program at home yet but I'm a WW. I went out tonight and had linguine and veal Parmagiana. I'm not counting the points because, I wanted to enjoy it. I don't think I'll be eating anything else this evening cause I knownit was up there.

I wanted to exercise but again, its too late. I may get in a QI exercise but I'm not moving nothing this evening.

Hi peeps. I'm new to 3rd and I know that buy beingnhere, I will achieve my goal of the body vie only always dreamed about. Just really a toned tummy, I don't mind any other body part but id love to wear pants without having to wear a longer top for trying to cover the belly.

I'm 56 an I'm joining the New Year Biggest Loser here. Just got married and we have a puppy named Sammy, female Bishapoo.

I am enjoying learning how to eat properly

pattygirl63
12-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Hi Angela and Cheryl. I've been on WW @Home for a little over a week this time. I've done WW before and lost some of the weight. I am excited about the Points Plus plan as someone said it is the original WW plan only counting points. I lost weight on the original plan years ago and while I've gained much of my weight, I've never gained those 20 lbs I lost back then. I have managed to lose 26 lbs this year and my goal has been to start the new year without a gain and I believe I will be able to do that with WW PP plan. I am 67 yrs old and I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes back in June. I was on strict Atkins diet and decided that I just can't do strict low carb any more. As I said, I am very excited about the new WW plan as it is helping me learn to eat healthy so I can get my blood sugar under control with a balanced way of eating.

I think it is great that we can have a support group for us as I'm not one to make WW meetings. I just don't have the time.

ducktape54
12-28-2010, 11:51 PM
good luck

Cape Breton Chick
12-29-2010, 06:15 AM
Hey ladies... :) just wanted to pop in and say good morning before heading off to work.. I hope everyone has a great day.
Cheryl - I am right there with you on being completely over having to wear longer shirts to hide my tummy... Before no matter if I gained weight or not my tummy never got "rolly polly" so to speak.. and this past year.. omygoodness! Yea that is one thing that is deeply bothering me and am determined to get rid of lol.
Trish - My dad has Type 2 Diabetes, so I know the challenges you face and I am so happy you have joined us here.. Congrats on the 26 pounds already gone.. that is wonderful! :D I too am not one for meetings, as my schedule only allows me to slow down late in the evenings.
Hi Ductape :wave:

tytbody
12-29-2010, 08:54 AM
:wave: hi duct tape and Trish.

pattygirl63
12-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Good Morning Everyone,

Angela I am blessed not to have any complications from the T2 diabetes and I never want to have them thus the reason for doing WW. I did very well with bringing numbers down with low carb, but was so difficult to stay OP. WW is soooo much easier except this week I haven't been getting the required 29 pts in since little 8 mo old grandson gave his Nannie the cold he had. :dizzy: But the good part is that the weight is coming off.

Cheryl, Ducktape and others reading:wave:

Have a great day Everyone!!!

river
12-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi Angela and thanks for starting the thread- and we're neighbors! And hi Cheryl, Trish and Ducktape.

I'm Natalie, 41 yo. I've been married 20 years, 2 portuguese water dogs, recently sold my business and now early retirement (at least until I decide to do something else). I've been all levels of fit and unfit, in the past I've been into competitive sports and a personal trainer and at other times I've done nothing more active than desk jockeying.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. Today I am catching up with old friends and truly having my first splurge day of December. Have a great night!

BrendaBrenda
12-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi ladies,

I would like to join in the check in as well. I am also waiting for my at home kit from Ebay and plan to start in the new year. I am currently TTC #2 (have a wonderful 5 year old) and I think losing weight will help boost my fertility. I have probably 60-70 pounds to lose but haven't weighed in a long while.

Thank you for starting this group!

Judy Lynn
12-29-2010, 05:28 PM
I just joined WW On-line yesterday. I have gone to meetings in the past, but I really don't find the leader here very inspiring. The weight in my signature that I lost I did by calorie counting, but I was looking for something to get me re-motivated, so I hope that the new program does it.

I am 51, married, with two grown sons that live on the other side of the country. I am a bookkeeper so I spend my days plunked down in front of a computer.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

tytbody
12-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi River and Trish. Nice to meet you both also.
I'm enjoying looking at a new DVD called Swat. I'm home temporarily until I get my massage License and then I do plan on enjoying that part of my life.
I didn't go to WW meeting this week due to snow. Looking forward to January 3 to see a loss but if I don't, it's okay, I've done the best I can do for that week, Right:)

tytbody
12-29-2010, 05:44 PM
If we don't go to the weekly meetings how do we get those Weekly books to discuss what's in them?

is that going to be on line and available through the Monthly Pass?

or can we go to a center and just pick one up?

jrumensky
12-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Hey Trish,
I am the same age and have a doctor's appointment in early Jan (sugar elevated), so I'm sure of the diagnosis. Will need some input in how you are handling it with the WW Points Plus. I have just about your same data points too (232/184/141) at 5'2". I also live in SC. Go Gamecocks.I look forward to future "conversations" and support.

Judy

angeluv
12-30-2010, 11:42 AM
hi everyone..i just started weight watchers online ..i've tried it before and it hasnt worked..but i'm going to try again and hopefully this time it will go better. I have about 30lbs to loose...and my name is Angela too :-)

pattygirl63
12-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Good Morning Everybody:wave:

:welcome3: River, Brenda, Judy-Lynn and Judy. So glad you are here and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and to our supporting one another.

I just joined online and ordered the new books. I wasn't sure if I need the calculater or not. Maybe some of you who got it can let me know if I need it. I thought maybe as long as I use the etools that I won't need it as it will figure the points for me.

Judy We moved to Rock Hill, SC about 4 yrs ago from FL. I'm originally from TX and DH from IN. I love it here in SC because we have 4 seasons and I love the beautiful trees. Can't remember the peoples names now, but the lady who bought our how in FL was from Florence, SC. The WW Plus Points seems to be working very well for me and helping with the diabetes really well. Originally I had decided to just try it until after the holidays knowing I could always go back to the low carb woe if I needed to. However, the weight has started coming off consistently. I've lost all the weight I had gained during holidays before starting WW PP on Dec 26 plus 1 more pound as of this morning. And my FBS has come back down to 117 mg/dl this morning. So I will definitely be staying with WW Points Plus. I read on one of the other WW threads here on 3fc that the Points Plus is similar to the original WW program. I had success with that so I was hopeful that I would be this time too and so far so good. When I was younger, I wanted to lose faster to look great... now that I am older, I want to lose weight steady to be healthy. I guess we do get a little wiser as we get older.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Cape Breton Chick
12-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Hey there everyone!.. I hope everyone is having a great day... I have been having a few busy days at work and havent had a chance to get on here long enough to write at all.. lol
Does anyone have any big plan for New Years? I am not a big New Years person.. I like to do it quietly..lol I am going out for supper with an older lady who used to be my neighbor and became a very good friend, we will spend the early evening visiting then I will just come home and spend the evening quietly.
I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Years.. and I want to wish everyone luck and happiness in 2011... I for one am looking forward to a new year! :)

pattygirl63
12-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

I think we have 2 threads going. One for WW online and one for WW @ Home and I am in both of them.

I am thoroughly enjoying being able to eat the foods I like and enjoy on WW Pts+. I had fried chicken last night with just a little bit of sides and was able to stay within my pts and used just a small amt of the WP. Still have plenty of WP and AP to use with daily when we go out to eat in a little while. I was looking through the regular WW pts book yesterday and I am thrilled with the changes. I am finding it so easy to stay OP, eat what I like and enjoy and no guilty feelings because everything is legal and within pts. Got up this morning and checked my weight and although I know the food was probably salty, I held the weight to where it was yesterday. Usually I would have had a gain of a few pts. Can't help but love WW Pts+.

HAVE A SAFE AND FUN NEW YEARS EVE!!! SEE YOU IN THE NEW YEAR!!!

tytbody
12-31-2010, 05:12 PM
I think I'm I. Both. Don't k ow how they will vary but will see. I am going out to Rhoad Island and celebrate, watch the ball drop cause I don't know what else to do to bring I na new year. If we stayed home we may have gone to church but it's still crazy just getting home.

So we will eat in a hotel room to be some place different. This is our first married New year so it's special.

Im getting a subway tuna and chips. Champagne for later on and hopefully have enough energy to give my hubby a massage. :)

BrendaBrenda
01-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Happy new year, everyone.

I am starting P+ tomorrow. I just weighed and am actually almost 20# less than I thought! But still need to lose 52# (51.5 if we are splitting hairs ;) ).

Anyone have a favorite online activity points calculator - or an app for droid?

I also discovered the ***** Cakes blog and LOVE it. She is just an inch shorter than me and had a similar amount to lose. I really enjoy her writing and all of the pictures she posts.

Have a great day!

nancylmrn
01-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Well Chickies I hope you don't mind if I jump in, it has been a long time since I have been here on a regular basis and I need to get back on track.
My name is Nancy, I am 52, have high blood pressure and have fought with my weight for the past 8 years since being diagnosed, a foster parent to 2 and have 3 grown children, and 3 grandchildren.

I have used ww in the past and I have/had good luck until I hit a plateau that lasted 8 months and I was so discourged I slowly stopped exercises, started eating poorly again and gain 25 lbs in less than a year. :o

So with this thread I hope you chickies will help me stay on track, be held accountable, and pass any good reciepes my way. I just took out my ole journal, ww calculator and cookbooks.

I look forward to getting to know all of you

tytbody
01-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi Nancy. Nice to meet you.

today is my weigh in day. not excited because I still feel the same. I don't know what to wear as it's still cold and I can't bear to wear skin tight leggings just to get weighed.

so, I'll have on sweat pants that probably weigh 2 pounds. Just not an accurate measure but it sure makes you work at it.

I hope I have anything down, I'll take any pounds down... lol.

I just bought some spaghetti squash so if you know how to cook this please show me how .

When I get home later on I'll look on the internet also to learn how to cook this big thing. I hope I like it.

pattygirl63
01-03-2011, 06:25 PM
I had my 3 month check up today which I have because of the diabetes. Doctor was very pleased with my progress. Some numbers were up a little, but he said they will come down with the exercise. He was very pleased with how the fasting blood glucose had come down since I started WW about 2 weeks ago. My BG A1c was down from 6.2 to 5.9 since my last office visit in September. He feels that I have avoided any damage the diabetes could have caused and that I should have no problems. Another bonus... I've lost 6 lbs since September.

Cheryl I understand about wondering what to wear to weigh. I felt the same way going to the doctor this morning. My shoes were heavier than my sandals that I wore when I weighed in September. I did take my coat off. I figured that the nurse who is very sweet, but thin probably thought I was nuts.:?:

Welcome to all the newbies and those returning. Hope everyone is having a great OP day.

tytbody
01-03-2011, 08:19 PM
:carrot: yea Trish. That's good news. I even took off my eye glasses.

That's great on doing so much better. I need to hear stuff like that. It does work it just works in it's time. Not ours.

Funny, we want what we want now but when it was not time, we did not think about it.

i didn't loose this week. I was up 2 pounds. I really dislike weigh ins.

pattygirl63
01-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Thanks Cheryl. Don't get discouraged. The weight will come off. Sunday was my WI day and I was up 2 lbs, but back down today. It is probably just water and will go away.

We will do this.

tytbody
01-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Glad you posted this cause I couldn't find this place.

I'm seriously thinking I'm going to home version but I won't be able to buy the monthly pass.

I bought my calculator today because I will soon be cut off I guess once my memebership expires.

if you all do this at home, how do you get a recipe builder? or is that included in your at home version?

Are you then at the mercy of their recipes to get the real PP value?

Did you choose a weigh in day also and are you sticking to it?

Just nervous about being left alone, at home, alone. biting my finger nails off. :o:p

jrumensky
01-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Good Morning Everybody:wave:

:welcome3: River, Brenda, Judy-Lynn and Judy. So glad you are here and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and to our supporting one another.

I just joined online and ordered the new books. I wasn't sure if I need the calculater or not. Maybe some of you who got it can let me know if I need it. I thought maybe as long as I use the etools that I won't need it as it will figure the points for me.

Judy We moved to Rock Hill, SC about 4 yrs ago from FL. I'm originally from TX and DH from IN. I love it here in SC because we have 4 seasons and I love the beautiful trees. Can't remember the peoples names now, but the lady who bought our how in FL was from Florence, SC. The WW Plus Points seems to be working very well for me and helping with the diabetes really well. Originally I had decided to just try it until after the holidays knowing I could always go back to the low carb woe if I needed to. However, the weight has started coming off consistently. I've lost all the weight I had gained during holidays before starting WW PP on Dec 26 plus 1 more pound as of this morning. And my FBS has come back down to 117 mg/dl this morning. So I will definitely be staying with WW Points Plus. I read on one of the other WW threads here on 3fc that the Points Plus is similar to the original WW program. I had success with that so I was hopeful that I would be this time too and so far so good. When I was younger, I wanted to lose faster to look great... now that I am older, I want to lose weight steady to be healthy. I guess we do get a little wiser as we get older.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Trish,
Great success. Congratulations to you. WW PP program is healthy and works. It's just a matter of discipline (which is tough for me). Glad you like SC. I'm a Virginia native, so this environment is not a lot idfferent from my past. Home is where the heart is. Happy New Year.

Judy

jrumensky
01-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Trish,
Great success. Congratulations to you. WW PP program is healthy and works. It's just a matter of discipline (which is tough for me). Glad you like SC. I'm a Virginia native, so this environment is not a lot idfferent from my past. Home is where the heart is. Happy New Year.

Judy

pattygirl63
01-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Judy The weather here is much like what I grew up with back in TX although we didn't get as much snow as we get here since I lived in Waco which is central TX. Snow was mostly north of us. Summers are kinder here than back there as TX gets a lot of 100+ temps where we don't.

Cheryl I have been wondering if I need the calculator and I'm thinking that I do. I also have the books. I used the recipe builder online one day and haven't figured out how to do it again. I wanted to do a meal yesterday, but couldn't figure it out. I think I have to look closer at it. I decided to do the at home because it was cheaper than joining a meeting even with the passes. Of course, I know I have to go WI with the doctor every 3 months + have lab work done so I have to admit that I have a built in incentive to stay OP. Not sure I have self-discipline since I have to stay OP for doc appts. I think we each have to do what works for us. I've had that self-discipline in the past, but never kept it till I got to goal. Hopefully this time will be different for me.

Let me say to those of you who are much younger than me... I'm 67... be good to yourself and stay OP whatever you decide to do because the most important thing for you to do is to take care of your health. I am blessed not to have damaged my body, but I think that is because I've always tried to eat mostly healthy and have never give up on trying to lose weight. Believe me there comes a day when health becomes more important than vanity.

Y'all have a great day.

tytbody
01-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Okay so on-line is cheaper then a monthly pass?

Just what does it give you?

I wish there was a person t ask. Maybe I should look through my stuff and on line to see if I can find the difference.

jdael
01-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Jackie, I am a 29 year old wife, mother of one 4 yr old daughter, medical transcriptionist.

I purchased a new points plus kit on ebay. Got it today. I had planned to start online on the 1st but decided this was a more thrify approach and information I would get to keep. I have done weight watchers before, going to a meeting, when I lived in a different area. There are no meetings in my area now and well, I really didnt get that much out of them. I have been up and down in weight all of my life but holding steady now for several years at 205. I look at pictures of myself and cringe at how horrible I look. I am going to be 30 in March and don't want to hit that mark feeling so awful. I am very aware of how uncomfortable I am in my body and how out of shape I have become. I lack motivation and interest in exercise and well, I enjoy sweet food.

I did get the calculator in my package, the eating out and food companion guides and a 3 month journal. I assumed I needed the calculator as it was the only way i could find to calculate on the new system. For the old system I had one of those sliders but didnt find that now. Apparently the calculator can also keep track of your points for a whole week, although I haven't figured out completely how to use it yet, just opening it. It seems like it could come in handy.

I haven't any recipe books or access to them and wonder how that will go.

I have really never participated in anything like this before, I guess I am somewhat secretive and ashamed of my weight, but if you want new results you have to try new things right? I'm hoping being a part of this will add motivation and support.

tytbody
01-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Oooo. jdael, come on in. it's fun to learn with everyone else. You can ask anything. We don't know it all but someone can find out for ya.

Welcome to the group and just ask anything, even when you turn a page and figure you think you know it, go ahead and ask. We love to hear a different perspective, or should I say I do cause you can ask something I or others may not have thought of.

So please do get comfy and plan on being hotter for that 30th birthday.

jdael
01-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Thank you Cheryl. I look forward to it. Today was day 1 for me and its going good. I do need to go grocery shopping and get some more options. I did come across a really cool website today - skinnytaste.com. Gina is making recipes that look delicious and making them as low points as possible without sacrificing flavor. This is a big deal for me as I enjoy cooking. I look forward to trying her recipes and learning how to cook food that is not only fun to make but also healthy! I also walked a mile on DVD this morning LOL. At least I did something and hope I can get myself to continue doing it. I will be weighing myself on Wednesdays I guess. I'm impatient too so waiting a week will be tough. Hope you all are OP!

toothlady
01-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Okay so on-line is cheaper then a monthly pass?

Just what does it give you?

I wish there was a person t ask. Maybe I should look through my stuff and on line to see if I can find the difference.

Hi Angela! I am a member online as well and right now they are doing free registration so if you sign up for 3 months at once its 53.00 then 17.95 per month. I think its about 15 or 16 bucks per week if you go.

What do you get???? They step you through week by week--i'm assuming the lessons you get are the same as they get weekly in the meetings....You also get the recipe builder where you can calculate points of recipes....

I LOVE the online version. I never liked the meetings. As far as I understand, ANYONE can go into a WW store and purchase the products. At least that's how it was prior to the PP plan....That's how I got my stuff previously.

NOW MY INTRODUCTION....
I am starting my millionth time on a diet/lifestyle change. I have no health problems at all....but I am overweight. My motivation--my daughter....My new years resolution this year was to not have the same one next year! LOL I am hoping to find support here...

tytbody
01-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi Toothlady. Cool. It's fun to be online here. I love my computer days.

someone always has a helpfull suggestion or at least tries. You're not alone.

Hey there is the guy Matt on here that made a CNN article and they talk about how he did it with online diet forums. I think hip hip.. oh yea, oh yea.

:bravo: :dance: :broc:

toothlady
01-06-2011, 01:19 PM
I just looked online. It DOES seem that the weekly lessons you get are what you would probably get in the meetings. You also get the points calculator online as well as tracking online. You get additional recipes also.

If any of you have an ipad, the weight watchers kitchen companion is neat!

tytbody
01-06-2011, 01:30 PM
yes, I downloaded that the other night. Glad it's bigger and not small like the ap. They should start making that ipad friendly. Or put the recipe builder in the ap also.

oh well. it's all there and all good. i'm glad..

pattygirl63
01-06-2011, 09:12 PM
When I checked into getting the pass for meetings, I think it would have been $39.95 a month compared to the $17.95 a month online. This is why I decided to just be an online member of WW. I also like the etools we get online. I did decide to order the calculator because I think it helps figure the pts of foods just as the online calculator does.

I almost gave up today thinking I had blown it with my food. It was nice to come home and check out the nutrition for what I ate at Arby's on a quick moments decision while out shopping and run it through the online calculator to find that I am still going to end my day within my daily pts. It is something else learning that I am able to eat "normal" on WW PP without feeling guilty. So much better than the diets I've followed in the past. A really interesting adjustment.

Enjoy your evening Everybody!

tytbody
01-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm going to check into that. That will be cool if it's 17.95/month

Cape Breton Chick
01-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Hey there everyone... :) Just wanted to jump in and say hi.. I have been having a hard time keeping to task.. I still have not received my kit in the mail, so have not really been able to start and i am up 4 pounds... agh.... :(

tytbody
01-09-2011, 05:35 PM
oh Angela. doesn't that just bomb your day sometimes.

Tomorrow is my last official day at the walk in center. I hope they at least have some pounds gone for me.

If not, I just walk away. I don't know if I'll even join on line if I"m buming.

Oh well. I will Trust in the Lord and listen to see if I should continue on line and get support here. But then so many have so many different views that I don't know who knows the truth when a question is asked.

:(

I know i sure don't feel like anything less. Especially when I roll on my side and grab a handfull of fat.

tytbody
01-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Angela where do I get the banners for our blue team Challenge?

Cape Breton Chick
01-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Hey there tybody :) you can just right-click on my banner there and go to save picture as... then go to your user cp, and edit signature. then upload from the place you saved it to on your computer and then before hitting submit, click on Insert Signature Picture, which will be right beside the picture. I hope that was explained clear enough...

tytbody
01-09-2011, 07:17 PM
sure was but I have a mac. so I have not right click. I don't know how to save pictures with this thing. I do miss that about my old pc that I had.

pattygirl63
01-10-2011, 12:34 AM
I will be be keeping the online membership as I like it keeping track of weight loss. It showed that I lost weight again and that I had lost 5% of my weight. That is one thing I don't have to keep up with since it does it for me. I am thoroughly enjoying the new plan. Found out another lady at church is a WW online member as well and another lady asked me about the new program as she is thinking about doing WW. I think I am eating healthier than I have in a really long time.

Cape Sorry you haven't gotten your materials yet. That is a real bummer when you are wanting to get started.

tytbody
01-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Can someone tell me with WW online, do you have access to the tracker?
Do you have the recipe builder?
Does it allow you to track also on iPhone or phone app?

cinngirl70
01-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone. I just joined WW online today. I am not new to WW, but I never really stuck with it in the past. I have gained and lost A LOT of weight, most recently 30 pounds (lost last year and gained it all back already), but I have managed to stay 30 pounds shy of my all-time highest weight some years ago. I have begun tracking points and I did 20 minutes treadmill, 20 minutes elliptical, some weights, and walked the dog. I really want to make this work. My initial goal is to lose 30 pounds.

Have a nice day!

Cheryl

toothlady
01-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Can someone tell me with WW online, do you have access to the tracker?
Do you have the recipe builder?
Does it allow you to track also on iPhone or phone app?
WW Online you DO have access to the tracker as well as recipe builder. You can track on your iphone as well as the ipad. BUT I haven't found where I can access my recipes on my iphone/ipad. I even tried from the kitchen companion app for ipad and no....:(

tytbody
01-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Yo mean all those you saved is not in your iPad ap?

I d/l the ipad ap also.

Thank you for the reply. I had not gotten a cleat answer on that from asking the WW people. They kept saying. Get free etools with the monthly pass but I don't want that. I want the least expensive and wanted to know what online does.

Thank you. Going to buy a scale today.

Seems no matter which you buy they all have their quirks.

toothlady
01-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Yo mean all those you saved is not in your iPad ap?

I d/l the ipad ap also.

Thank you for the reply. I had not gotten a cleat answer on that from asking the WW people. They kept saying. Get free etools with the monthly pass but I don't want that. I want the least expensive and wanted to know what online does.

Thank you. Going to buy a scale today.

Seems no matter which you buy they all have their quirks.
Online pretty much does everything...IMO AND its cheaper....17.95/month or less if you buy 3 months at a time...Its 39.95/month for monthly pass.

I can't access my saved recipes from my kitchen app. I am going to see if I can find some answers online.

toothlady
01-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Okay...I just reopened the WW Kitchen Companion app and they ARE there now! :rollpin:

tytbody
01-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Coooooollll .. and they look better there cause it has such pretty pictures doesn't? i love that app on my ipad.

toothlady
01-10-2011, 04:06 PM
My ipad was a gift from my husband at Christmas BUT I made the mistake of downloading videos and games for my 16 month old. So anytime I am on it, she feels like it belongs to her so I don't really feel like its mine, YET! LOL

pattygirl63
01-11-2011, 02:15 PM
WW PP is working great for my fasting BS readings. It has been coming down a little everyday and this morning it was 102 mg/dl. This is the closest to normal that I've had in a long time. I am also enjoying being able to eat normal foods that I like.

So glad to see everyone doing so well.

tytbody
01-11-2011, 03:38 PM
My ipad was a gift from my husband at Christmas BUT I made the mistake of downloading videos and games for my 16 month old. So anytime I am on it, she feels like it belongs to her so I don't really feel like its mine, YET! LOL

lol :smug:

Chele615
01-11-2011, 06:54 PM

My 3 and 5 year old nieces are the same way with my itouch. I downloaded a couple games for them and all of a sudden, I have to fight with them to use it. I tried hiding it from them...but they're smart little cookies who found it right away! haha

Angie SoFla
01-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Hello Everyone. I am Angie (another Angela) and I live in South Florida with my hubby and three daughters. I have been doing Weight Watchers at home since Feb 2010. I have lost about 67 pounds so far. I just switched to Points Plus this past week. I'm not sure if it's solely the new plan, or the fact that I had been a little off-plan for a few weeks due to family issues and the holidays, but it's working really well. I was in a plateau and I think I've pushed through it. Finally dropped below 170. Yay!

Can't wait to read about everyone's tips and successes.

Fave Products:
Blue Diamond Almond Milk / Silk Light Vanilla Soymilk (Makes great coffee hot or cold)
Laughing Cow Wedges
Mini Babybel Light
Toufayan Smartbagels (Everything variety)
OLE Low Carb Tortillas

Keep up the good work!

:goodvibes

acupcake
02-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Hello - everyone, I too have decided to use Weight Watchers for my challenge in losing 100+ lbs. I realize I have a long journey ahead of me, but it doesn't have to be complicated. I will be using WW Points Calculator online to track my points, calories, fat, fiber and sodium levels by creating my own spreadsheet using Excel. All I need now is a support group. I do have a Nutritionist I see every 3 months who is also supporting me in this challenge. I am so tired of this fat suit - I want to be free and live my life and have fun! It's really important to have people who are going through the same thing as you are to talk to. I hope I've found the right place, and the right people to support me. Thanks - any feedback will be appreciated! Have a nice day!

tytbody
02-08-2011, 04:39 PM
hi acupcake. I'd be interested to hear what you nutritionist says about WW and what they give you to eat. And welcome to the club:)

toothlady
02-14-2011, 06:20 AM
I'm too excited! I am down another 2 lbs!!! This program is AWESOME! And I am doing this online only! WOOT WOOT!

litar
02-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Hey everyone...I am starting WW. I've lost and re-gained some weight using South Beach over the last year or so....but now I am using some of the principals from South Beach and counting points. Do you have a forum for posting what you eat daily here? Thanks, Lisa

josey
02-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi guys,

I am doing WW at home too (old plan, no etools or meetings but with the iWatchr app).
It is working! I have done it before (2002) and now I am back. I started a month ago and lost over 10 lbs now. YAY!
Last week I was super hungry all the time but I stuck to the plan and lost another 2 lbs. This week I am not as hungry (luckily) but stuck at home with a bad cold. It is sooo hard not to eat because the kitchen is full with goodies. But I am not exceeding my points!!!
I really have to start working out when I am over my cold. I actually start feeling antsy, I want to get moving! (Which is never the case)
We just bought a treadmill last weekend and haven't used it much because of that stupid cold.
Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

PS: I have no ticker yet! :-(( I can't wait to get one!!

nancylmrn
02-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Hi guys and gals
I have been doing ww on and off for 3 year? seems longer anyway want o jump on and say just started back 3 weeks ago and down 4 but I need to really find a time to exercise...that is a problem right now..
I leave home at 5:30am work from 7-4 pick up child from day care home around 5:30pm fix dinner clean up then colapse by 7....suggestions please?

Robin
02-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Hey everyone! I am on week 4 of ww online doing pointsplus and I'm really enjoying the plan so far! It is very easy to follow. After the first two weeks, my scale was saying I lost 11.2 pounds so I was incredibly happy, but right before my scale died it said that I gained 1.7 pounds. I was hoping it was my old scale but the new one reassured the gain. I'm really not sure why this has happened but I am going to continue on the plan and start walking every day to see if I can get past this. It just seems early to be gaining.

jdael
02-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Nancy, my best suggestion would be to get up a little earlier and do 20-30 mins. Its a drag to get up earlier but it bumps up your burn for the whole day and gets you going. I personally have to drag myself to do it but it makes a big difference. You could also walk on your lunch break.

nancylmrn
02-18-2011, 11:50 PM
thank you for the suggestion about getting up earlier but I know me...5am is as early as I want. I have tried that get up at 3:30am before it takes 20 min just for me to dress in workout clothes and limber up then 30-40 to workout then shower, hair blah blah...
I think I am going to take some tennies to office and try a 20-30 min walk at lunch see what that does to get me kick started....the only reason I don't work out when I get home in the eve is I have a dau who is insulin dependant and eating meals later at night is hard on her and her blood sugar

thinner
03-03-2011, 09:51 PM
i work until 6pm most weeknights. i go to the gym after work. sometimes i've been so sleepy i've almost fallen off the elliptical, so i know what it feels like to be tired and have to get a workout in. if you have to be home for your child, you can do a dvd at home. one of my coworkers has kids and she is on a schedule similar to mine. she was getting up earlier to do her dvd before she went to work, and she leaves earlier than me. and, we have done walking and jogging on our lunch breaks.

new me4life
03-06-2011, 11:27 AM
hey all i've been on weight watchers online for a few months...well i've been a member anyways. trying to get up the motivation to actually stick to it. any suggestions would be helpful. i'm actually thinking about going back to the flexpoints anyone have any opinions on which you think is better. just wondering.

nancylmrn
03-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Hi new me4life, I actually am doing flex I know the program well so instead of learning something new I will just continue on with it. I find it helpful to plan my meals out just to guage my points for the day. I tend to eat a lot of the same foods i.e. breakfast -egg beaters, veggie sausage patty, salsa...lunch usually a 100 cal torilla with 2 slices of deli ham and ff cream cheese etc.

This is a great time to try new recipes too and they have some great ones posted

dbertram1117
03-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi all! Today is my day two of my second time on WW. This is my first time "on my own." So far, so good...but I may have a bunch of questions later. I just wanted to say hello before I have to say "help!"