Support Groups - Hawt-est Biker Chicks

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Hawt-est Biker Chicks

ChopperChick355
12-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Ok here is our new thread - man did we ever get over our 500:o

KellBell135
12-29-2010, 01:12 AM
It is so awesome to see this thread on here! One of my biggest insecurities was ( in the warmer weather ) getting on the back of the bike. I hate how I feel bout everyone behind me looking at my lovehandles lol! But I'm working on it!

LEATHERMAN
12-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Welcome KellBell. Hi gals. I'am back on the wagon so far so good. I will cheat on new years day, but I will try to not eat to much.:devil: The weather has been real nice the last few days. I went for a nice walk, it was 25 out.

tymaboy
12-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Morning everyone! Today is my 1st day back to work. Work today & tomorow then off on Friday. What a hard week! :D Not sure if I will be working on Monday or not. I am getting more dental work done on Tuesday. I want to get some done before the new job starts. I might be able to "double dip" on the dental work. From what I read of the new job insurance plan we would be stupid for me not to go on it. So this dental work will be on DH plan & anything else would be on the new job plan. We will see how I do. I hate dentist.

Woke up this morning & my body was telling me that I need to get back on track. I had the shakes like I used to get all the time when I ate too much bad foods. Its been a long time since I had those shakes & I do not like them one bit. I did not check my sugar levels, I should have. I am now curious as to what they were.

Hope everyone is doing well & has a good day!

LEATHERMAN
12-29-2010, 12:33 PM
I just got back from a nice walk, I walked about 3 miles, and up 2 big hills, and it is still about 25 out. I walked on a dirt road and a black top road and only had 1 car drive past me. It would not be good if something was to ever happen to me when I was walking. I do take a cell phone, but have bad cell service. I can't wait for spring to come so I can ride again.

ChopperChick355
12-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Oh Spring - can't wait here either :)

Welcome to our thread KellBell it does say chicks but we do have a guy on here as well- who by the way is doing a super job on his exercising and walking outside when it is 25 degrees you are defiantly motivated :carrot:

Tymaboy when do you start your new job? I have my 6 month check up tomorrow at 3 but i am thinking that it should be all good- hopefully
Ya I need to get back on track 100% but I know that Friday night will not be on track at all so come Saturday it is ON - I haven't been going way overboard but haven't been totally watching it either-Holidays are not good for weightloss :(

Ok well hope everyone has a great Thursday

VermontMom
12-30-2010, 08:13 AM
Good morning, thanks for starting the new thread Reda, and welcome KellBell!

Aaron, wow you are motivated, I guess 25 with no wind would be do-able :D You must live in a remote area! I don't have cell service either in our town but at least we have a few more cars (and farm trucks, tractors) going by than that.

Holidays are NOT good for weight loss, they are hard enough to try to maintain., ugh!

tymaboy, congrats again on the new job, and congrats on a dental plan!!!

Hi to Tammy, and Colleen. Colleen, thanks for your input on the bike insurance company.

I had yesterday off, now I have to work the next 5 days. My knee has been hurting agian, not good when you are on your feet all day. Ibuprofen helps.

have a great day :cool:

KellBell135
12-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the welcomes! I'm with those of you who have had a hard time keeping on track for the holidays. I'll be glad when the new year begins and this holiday season is behind us.

tymaboy
12-30-2010, 10:50 AM
It is so awesome to see this thread on here! One of my biggest insecurities was ( in the warmer weather ) getting on the back of the bike. I hate how I feel bout everyone behind me looking at my lovehandles lol! But I'm working on it!

You know whenever I saw someone (still do) on a bike I never noticed their love handles. I'm always envey that they are on a bike & I'm not. I think I may be one of those people who get the bike out the 1st chance they get now.

Today is one of those days that I am both happy but yet sad as well. Today is the last day my daycare is open. My daycare parents finally found a new daycare & asked if it was better if this was the last week instead of next week since next week is the new year. I have had daycare boy since he was 7 months, he will be 3 next month. With today being my last day I now have a whole week off that I will clean up & get rid of some of the daycare items. It will be very odd that we have our house to ourselves again.

LEATHERMAN
12-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Yes the wind was blowing,not real hard. No walking today,it is raining and the roads are slippery.

VermontMom
12-31-2010, 07:23 AM
Hey everyone :) tymaboy, that is a big transition isn't it. And you had that boy for so long! Big changes. I hope its a smooth transition for you.

KellBell, I also don't think about size or shape of people on bikes, I just know they are :cool: for being on a bike :D

Aaron, wouldn't it be nice to have dry smooth walking surfaces anywhere, anytime of year! I get back to walking in April, and do it for about 2 months.

Hi Reda, Colleen, and Tammy :wave:

today is my second day of working 6 days in a row :rolleyes: The store is pulling in the bucks but it is hard work. And it sux that my knee just hurts almost all the time. Been taking lots of advil for it.

Yesterday a co-worker had to be reprimanded because she uses her cell phone to talk and text to her 3 kids (ages 15, 16 and 20) ALL the time, even when she is cashing a customer out. So because she was distracted (I even remember glancing over at her, thinking how awful it was that she was doing personal phone calls while ringing people out) she didn't charge a snooty Montreal lady $24 for something.

My boss FREAKED (understandably) and quietly confronted her about it when there was a quiet moment in the store. The co-worker adamantly refused to believe it, just kept insisting the remembered keying in the $24 . We have the cash register journal tape to confirm it, and she just keeps denying it. She says she HAS to have her phone to keep track of her kids, get them rides, etc. And just did not accept that maybe she made a mistake.

I would like the boss to lay down the law and say NO cell phone use. That her kids can call the store number if there is an emergency. Because it is unfair that there are no consequences there, when an employee doesn't do what they are supposed to do, as opposed to those who do (me, the shining angel, lol) But still.

OK I've got to get doing things, I'm supposed to go into work a half hour earlier, ugh!!!

ladyrider72472
12-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Happy New Year..... almost.

Welcome KellBell. Btw, I don't notice other biker's love handles either.

I am glad to see the holidays go..... I have got to get back on track before I end up in serious trouble. After tonight at work I will have to hang a sign around my neck "DO NOT FEED THE TAMMY". It is gonna be rough for a few days but it will be worth it.

Tymaboy, I am sure it was sad for you to have to clean the daycare stuff out..... but glad you got another job.

Holly, I agree with the cell phone usage.

CC, Did I read that you are going for your 6 month at your job already? Wow, it does not seem like that long ago. Time flies. Lol.... Btw, I LOVE your Harley jacket!

Colleen, How are you girl? I am soooo glad your DH is okay. He had someone looking out for him for sure!

Leatherman, good to see your motivation is back. Can you share with me? Lo.

Okay..... as we all know New Years is for resolution.... and this year as with the others I have to resolve to lose weight...... but my body is telling me now more than ever it is not about the pounds...... it is about how I feel. This little "free ranging" phase I have been on has made me feel like SHAT! I was reading a quote the other day..... either you want a changed body or you don't..... it is that simple. So, I decided this year I am not going to whine about my food choices.... I am going to treat my body better..... feed it what it needs.... not what I want.... and we will see how that goes. It may only last 12 hours..... but if it does.... there is no one to blame but me and no magic answer besides DO IT..... So here I go..... 2 full time jobs and eating to fuel my body instead of what I want or what is quick...... Ready, Set, GO!

I hope you all have a safe New Year's Eve and we all have the best 2011 possible. Thanks for being there for me y'all!

Tammy

2times2much
12-31-2010, 01:17 PM
DH feels like he was hit by a semi now! 3 or 4 days made him feel like ICK!
He asked me not to post pictures on Facebook, and I suppose that means here too. The cab of the truck was completely knocked from the truck, with him inside, to the median! Seatbelts are good things...probably what saved his life. 5 of 7 support beams that hold the truck together are broken, the engine is twisted, the front end and hood is in itty bitty peices... He's having lots of interesting thoughts and great ideas for organizing the truck so stuff isn't flying around in an accident. Might be his New Year's resolution. ?

We are going to continue as planned with our progressive dinner tomorrow. I'm cheating though, and buying fried chicken on the way to our house for the meal! Will also make cheese taters and beans. It's about fun--not stressing about cooking right?!

Nice resolution Tammy. Good luck! Sounds great!

Welcome Kellbell.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year. Stay safe!

ChopperChick355
12-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Hello - Just wanted to drop in real quick and say

Happy New Years

Finally went and bought our new bed today in a winter storm but needed to get it done while we were both home only had to drive 30 miles :)

Well gotta get to cooking for our get together tonight before hitting the town so i will catch up with some personals later or tomorrow

tymaboy
12-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Colleen- sounds like your dh had his angel working overtime! He sounds very lucky

LEATHERMAN
12-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Happy New Year Gals, be safe.

ladyrider72472
01-02-2011, 04:53 PM
I hope everyone had a safe new year! Working in dispatch was a wild ride.... but I survived.

I am "cleaner" eating... NO sugar since midnight on 12/31/10. I have not been 100% on the no processed foods (I had about 10 chips with my grilled burrito), but I am much better. In an odd turn of events.... the "diet" gurus know what they are talking about to some degree..... I feel much better now that the sugar is getting out of my body. That does not mean I don't want a piece of candy or something.....I am just trying really hard not to eat it. I am trying really hard to keep my diet at an even keel.... instead of feast or famine. That is a new thing for me..... as y'all that know me through this forum can testify to.

Well, got to go...... laundry is calling (DH is trying to keep up on housework.... key word trying). Lol. He gets an "A" for effort.

Tammy

ChopperChick355
01-02-2011, 10:30 PM
hello

Well New Years came and went - went out to friends for New years Eve then went downtown for a bit then home by 1am Saturday- and then stayed home the rest of the weekend :) not that I got much done at home either just was taking time to myself :)

Tammy glad to hear DH is trying to help you out and he is trying so like you said "A" for the effort

Hope everyone has a peaceful Holiday as well

VermontMom
01-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Hi chicks and dudes :) Colleen, just amazing that DH was not hurt worse. Terrible crash! and yes something to consider, that things fly with deadly force inside a crashing vehicle.

Tammy, CONGRATS on kicking sugar for so many days!! wish I could. You are doing great!! (I'm stlll laughing at 'do not feed the Tammy' sign)

Hi tymaboy, are you in the new job yet? tell us what its like , when you can.

Hey Aaron, how are you doing.

Reda, congrats on the new bed, is it one of those foam-memory ones?

I start out the day great, by working out and having oatmeal and yogurt. Lunch is sensible too...then it all goes to **** :devil: but historically this always happens and I somehow get the drive to do better soon.

Our Harley Raffle / Dinner is this Saturday. Somehow I've got to make dessert for 250 between people between then and now. In years past ( I think we've done it for 5 years now? or this is the fifth) I would bake a dessert each night I made Christmas cookies..didn't do that this year. So my two days off this week will be baking crazy. I'll get it done.

but wouldn't it be fitting if I won the Harley this year? Someone's going to win it, it might as well be me :cool:

have a great day

LEATHERMAN
01-03-2011, 11:57 AM
I am sick,I will try to stay on my diet. Holly I hope you win the harley. Reda I just bought a new bed on the first, it has no springs,all foam, I think it is a serta. We paid $899 for the bed and saved $100.00 for buying it on the first. I have sleep apnea, found out last winter, now with the sleep machine I sleep so hard that I hurt when I wake up, I cant sleep past 5:30 most days. I hope the new bed helps. Colleen I think that truck hit me yesterday,:dizzy: LOL, I hope every thing works out for you guys. Tammy way to go. Tymaboy Hi. Do you gals watch MTV, they have a new show on called I used to be fat, I watched it yesterday and one young girl lost 90 lbs in 111 days,with a trainer. I set up my DVR to tape it.

2times2much
01-03-2011, 02:05 PM
DH is wanting to get back on the road. As soon as his 2011 truck from the company is ready to go--he will be ready too! Company he drives for has treated him very well. He got a "clean" report from the DOT that he was at no fault of the accident--made him feel better to get the document in his hand!

DH made me promise that I would get tested for sleep apnea soon. I could have it...I'm SO tired all the time. I tested positive for having Epstein Barr Virus years ago, and show positive for Mono all the time...our Docs around here don't put any faith that it's a "real" problem. I'll get it checked, and find out. If I don't have sleep apnea, good; if I do, then I guess it's good to have had it checked out. We have a memory foam mattress too. I love it! I sleep like a baby! (still tired when I get up though) DH doesn't like that there is no bounce for...nevermind...not here! Ha! :devil:

Holly, did you win? Dessert for 250?!! Crazy! I'd start a new tradition---like everyone brings a dessert! Much better than working like crazy! And would save you a ton of money and time! Unless you are feeding them all jello!

New Years Eve we spent with friends, and New Years Day with different friends. What a nice weekend! I made ternderloin for dinner--so easy and yummy! I have always cut it into steaks--not anymore! 1/2 hour in the oven, whole, made it perfect medium rare!!

tymaboy
01-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Happy New Year everyone!

Colleen-LOL!

I have this week off then start the new job on Monday. I have been busy taking pictures of daycare items & posting them on CL. I sold some stuff this weekend & have a couple bites on other items. I sold some of the bigger item which is nice. It gives us more space.

I figured since I have off this week that I would go threw my clothes & get rid of stuff that I either dont wear or dont fit. After going threw my half of the closet I decided that I need to nag on DH to do the same - he has more clothes then I did & dont think he wears half of them. Im sure I could probably get rid of more but I will wait & see what I like to wear to work before getting rid of anymore. I did find a pair of black shoes in the bottom of the closet that I think I can wear to work. I would like to find a pair of brown shoes too. I figure black & brown shoes will go with pretty much everything.

Depending on how bored I get this week I may do a good house cleaning so we have a clean house before I head to work. Not sure cuz then if the house gets like it is now & end up with the hours I think I will have I will be mad. DH doesnt clean very much, except for when I get b*tchy. Then he starts stomping around the house like a an over grown child.

VermontMom
01-04-2011, 08:21 AM
LOL tymaboy, at the stomping around :D that happens at our house too :devil: Glad you're able to sell things on CL. And yup, a pair of brown and a pair of black shoes would be great basics to have.

Colleen, oooh a whole roasted tenderloin, nice and rare, that was a good choice! Very good that your DH got the not-at-fault report. And I'm sorry you're tired all the time, I hope getting the test might solve things.

Hi to Tammy, Reda, and Aaron!

today's my Friday, yay!!! Hope everyone has a good day. I've worked out each day, yet i still have something caloric and senseless at work each afternoon. Duhhhhh

LEATHERMAN
01-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi gals I am still sick, I have stayed on my diet so far. I need to get back to working out.

LEATHERMAN
01-04-2011, 01:14 PM
I still don't no how I did it ,but I have a weight tracker.:D

2times2much
01-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Holly, Happy Friday! I wish I could say happy Friday to me and the others too! To us...Happy uh...Tuesday! It just doesn't have the same ring to it!

Aaron, What is making you sick? Been to the doctor yet? Hope it's something that makes your dieting easier!

Tymaboy, this week will likely go fast! Good luck at the new job next week. Sounds like it will bew great! Stomping around?! Really--?? That NEVER happens around our house! (sure it doesn't!) LOL! Too funny!

Holly, why didn't you tell us about your newly won Harley? I suppose there is a slight chance that you didn't win it huh? Dang.

Tammy, how's the absence of sugar going? Just thinking about it makes me want a donut! Good for you! Still got that sign around your neck? I might need one of those!

Hey Reda, how's everything with you?

DH is back in a truck! Headed out today in a bran-spankin' new semi! Bet he is a little nervous and leary of other trucks for a while!

I'm dog-sitting my grand-dog while DS is on a Mexican cruise. What a little spoiled monster he is! Miniature Yorkie. Barked and carried on like a fool while we ate last night because I wouldn't pick him up, and he couldn't see what we were eating! He thinks he is some sort of royalty I guess. I don't cater to him very well. Maybe he'll learn some manners by the time the kids are back!

Tonight, the Christmas tree comes down. Plan on it anyway...we'll see.

LEATHERMAN
01-04-2011, 08:14 PM
I should have been more clear, I have a bad cold.

2times2much
01-05-2011, 10:44 AM
No, the tree didn't come down as planned...and No, I didn't win the Mega Millions as planned...and yes, I'm back at work. I could have at least gotten the tree down, but instead yapped on the phone all night to DD, Mom and DH.

tymaboy
01-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Went to the dentist yesterday morning. My apt was at 9:10 & I got home around 11:00 The good news is my left side is done. I do not need to worry about any cavities on that side. Now I just need to worry about getting the right side done. I will split that side up to 2 visits. My jaw kept locking yesterday so we would have to stop so I could fix it. They could hear the popping sounds it makes. I was glad they could cuz then they knew I wasnt full of Sh*t when I made them stop so I could fix it. If any of you have problems with Novocain not working I suggest trying it with the nitrous oxide gas. Yesterday was the 1st time I have ever been to the dentist & not felt a thing! My insurance doesnt cover the gas but I dont mind paying the extra as long as I dont feel anything.

I think the end of this week whatever daycare items that I still have I will take to a consignment shop & to Goodwill. I have had atleast 3 people set up a time to come look at/ pickup something then never show or call. I hate people like that. I am glad that they were not in my care I could just about imagine how that would have gone. But then they would not have lasted long since I had it covered in my policy.

Colleen- dont feel bad we still have our Christmas stuff up too. We havent made an attempt yet to take it down. Usually we have it all put away within 2-3 days of the new year.

LEATHERMAN
01-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Hi gals , I have stayed on my diet for the last few days,and I am starting to feel better. I wish I could have won the mega millions. Our new bed is set up and we slept on it last night, we still need to test it out, give it a test ride.:D:

VermontMom
01-05-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm dog-sitting my grand-dog while DS is on a Mexican cruise. What a little spoiled monster he is! Miniature Yorkie. Barked and carried on like a fool while we ate last night because I wouldn't pick him up, and he couldn't see what we were eating! He thinks he is some sort of royalty I guess. I don't cater to him very well. Maybe he'll learn some manners by the time the kids are back!

:rofl: :rofl:

Colleen, the raffle is this Saturday, and i sure as heck will let y'all know if I win that FXD Superglide :devil: For the dinner, today so far I've made 2 large raspberry cheesecake tarts and two large Oreo cheesecake tarts. About 64 servings there; about 180 to go :eek:

Our tree is still up, I'm waiting for someone else to do it :D watch it be there til Fourth of July!

Had to take a break from baking to shovel the driveway, about 4" of very fluffy, light snow.

tymaboy, congrats on getting half your sides done :) I guess I can take the Novacain, it does work, but hours afterward is so yuck. Having a numb nose is crazy. Nitrous sounds good! Hope you get all your care items sold soon.

Aaron, Yay for figuring out a ticker! :carrot: and for staying on your diet. Sorry for your cold. I've been bleaching EVERYTHING at work that my boss touches because he's been hacking and coughing all over everything. It might hurt his feelings that after he uses something, I pick it up and wipe it off with my bleachy cloth but I dont' care :devil:

Hi to Tammy and Reda! :wave:

ChopperChick355
01-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Hello - sorry been MIA for a bit - been really busy with work and life in general

I have however got my tree down a couple days after christmas- but then again I only had a 2 footer up so I just put a big bag over it and put in store room - wa la

Diet has been great but I have missed a couple of days of exercising this last week :( but back on track---- it is our Anniversary on Friday so we will be going out for supper but I will behave and eat sensibly

Aaron hope you get to feeling better real soon and great job on keeping your eating in check while not feeling good

Holly I just wouldn't be able to do it baking all those goodies and not eating them so koodos to you :carrot: Oh ya I will be sending lots of good vibes that you name is drawn on Saturday for the bike

Tymaboy sounds like gas is the way to go with dental work - I just went to the dentist on Thursday last week and no cavities - whoo hooo they just said to keep doing what I am doing - I would have to agree one pair of black and brown shoes should get you started- Good Luck

Colleen glad to hear DH is great and back out on the road making you some money

I do have to rub in alittle that I will be on the beach in Cancun soaking up some rays and having a few cocktails in 16 days :devil:

Ok well I suppose I should get the heck off here - talk to you later

VermontMom
01-06-2011, 09:32 AM
OHHHHH sitting on the beach, soaking up the sun, seeing turquoise blue sea water and having a drink in hand...yeah baby! :carrot:

VermontMom
01-07-2011, 08:29 AM
good morning chicks and dude :) Yesterday I finally bought a knee wrap, its an Ace 'open patella' wrap and as soon as I put it on my knee felt better. Now I have to see if I can adapt a workout for it. I have always been thankful that at least I can work out , even if I don't want to. I don't want to lose the ability to work out!!

finished the last portions of desserts last night, now need to finish cutting and packaging them for transport tomorrow. Reda, I don't deserve alot of kudos, I did do a little tasting here and there :o I will be thinking of that, if I can't squeeze into my leather pants tomorrow!

VermontMom
01-07-2011, 10:06 AM
YAY! with the Ace bandage/wrap/support thingie, I was able to do a step routine, all 35 minutes. HOWEVER I modified it big time!! for the first 10 minutes I used the step..then I thought "why am I risking this' so then I did the rest of the routine..but not using the step . Which sounds weird but it was good, I made it more difficult by holding 3.3 pound dumbells so there was sweat dripping off the tips of my bangs :D which is the same sweatiness I usually achieve even using the step.

I'll let you know how my knee feels at the end of the work day..

LEATHERMAN
01-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi Gals, Reda Cancun sounds nice this time of the year. Holly I hope you fit in to your leather pants. I just love my leather pants, I have some that I wear on my bike, when it is cold out. Well I also have some light leather pants that I use to wear ,back when I was younger and lighter. I wear chaps most of the time, on the bike. My wife started out with chaps and hated them, I found some side lace sheep leather pants from sears for $50.00 shiped to our house, she likes the pants better.:carrot: How do you gals like your chaps?

ChopperChick355
01-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Hello All

Well Holly still sending vibes that your name gets called for the bike :)
Also if you were sweating then you got a good workout with or without the step - talking about exercise I better get off here and go get on the treadmil otherwise I will blow it off and sure don't need that

I love my leather chaps and usually only wear them when it is cold out - leather pants, well I haven't wore them for quite some time not sure why just haven't - I have a black and a red pair.

Well have a great weekend

ladyrider72472
01-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Hey gals and dude (as Holly put it).

I am off for the day.....:carrot: We are expecting snow..... no better way to spend the day-- cause i have an excuse to stay in then. Lol

Holly, do you realize that if you win that bike, you and I will have the same bike (yours being newer of course). That would be awesome! I did however realized that I have not had my bike out since October:?: I did not realize it had been that long. I will have to fix that the next 50 ish day I get off.

COlleen, LOL about catering to the dog. I am afraid the royalty would be disappointed at my house too. And, I am soooo glad that your DH will get back to driving and he was cleared from being at fault. In all of your humorus comments, have you told him that there should be an easier way to get a 2011 truck? Lol

CC, I am soooo jealous about your trip to Cancun. Think of me while you are on the beach.

Leatherman, I sure hope your cold goes away quickly.

Tymaboy, you should be very close to starting your new job. GOOD LUCK! I sure hope you like it.

Well, here is the part where I get in the confessional..... I fell off the diet wagon BIG time! Last Thursday at work, a coworker had a Vitamin B Complex Vitamin and was raving about the energy..... well, guess who took one? Anyone want to guess what one of the side effects is? First, let me say, I did have energy off the charts and it was not the jittery kind either..... but I also ripped my "Do not feed the Tammy" sign off and started eating everything that could not get me. By the time my shift was over...... I had eaten everything but the walls...... if I had not beeen afraid of mold I would have eaten them too! I was soooo mad at myself. But, I guess it was a hard lesson learned. I was doing so well-- the night before everyone ate IHOP (common for the 3rd shift to do), but it did not phase me a bit..... and 24 hours later with the help of a little pill..... I could have eaten the whole dang town's eating places...... including the not so good ones. But, I am dusting myself off and getting back to it.

I am going to get off here. So much to do.

I hope y'all have a good day. Thanks for sharing SOME snow (should be here in a couple hours)... please don't be over generous though. :)

tymaboy
01-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Holly- did you win?

I was able to get alot done in this last week. Pretty much all the daycare stuff is gone. I just have a little bit more that I want to take to the consignment shop. We made a trip to Goodwill today. I was able to get DH & DS to go threw their stuff so the back of the jeep was full of stuff. Today DH helped clean house. I wanted a clean house before heading to work tomorow. I hope it stays clean for a bit but I have a feeling that it will be 2 days tops (if I'm lucky) I have my lunch made for tomorow already - salad & fruit. I hope I am able to stay on track while at work. I have not been doing very well this last week. DH & I have been going out to eat way too much, I have been able to do Ok at home by myself but not when he is around. I am very nervious & hope I can get some sleep tonite.

VermontMom
01-10-2011, 09:46 AM
tymaboy - best wishes on your first day at work! :)

No, we did not win the bike. It went to a seemingly nice guy :devil: and I'm glad for him. Everyone raved about the food and desserts so it was a success. My leather pants fit..could have been looser, but not as tight as they have been so that's good.

Aaron, I could not ride much up here, except for my chaps! I wear them even if it's in the low 70's. I just get cold without them. Plus they look good :devil: Something about a chick in chaps makes guys get all gaga, lol.

OK, I will try to keep upbeat, but I am more than a ltitle down because we got the letter from the hospital (finally - been waiting 2 months!!) and we were denied the grant. They say we can appeal, but I am not a begging-type person. Just so disappointed because the 2 people i spoke to, seemed to truly give the impression that we were to be accepted :?: I need to be realistic and say 'it's only money, we're still alive and earning' but the way DH is still gaining and does nothing to help his health... :( I can't say anything about his weight, because the last time I said something 'criticising" (how do you spell that) to him he blew up at me.

I want him to at least try to do something..try to eat a little less, try to get some exercise. I know its impossible here in the winter to do outdoor walking where we are, but we could drive to town, park, and walk around town. But in the past I have heard excuses ( "I get shin splints, I can't walk") We really don't have room in the house to get a big piece of exercise equipment, but he has bought them in the past...and he has not used them. I used them, and they broke :devil: like the elliptical. And i hated having it right in the living room, but I made the concession because I thought it was for the best. ARgh!!! sorry I'm venting. But I am SO worried about becoming a widow, truly.

So I think that is why i'm having more and more depressive episodes, I don't see much to look forward to. Spring? so I can ride by myself while he doesn't do anything? and long-term future? I want us to be both, one of those active seniors....Sorry agian for the bleh post today...hopefully I'll be better later!!

LEATHERMAN
01-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Hi gals. Holly I hope your DH gets spring fever soon, and starts thinking about getting back on a bike. Yes guys love biker chicks in leather chaps. Tymaboy we had a day care 12 years ago, my wife watched 3 kids plus our 2, at the time we had a 2 bedroom trailer house talk about full. We built a new home, and my wife shut our daycare down. We did make some money but not much. I have been having a hard time staying on a diet, stress and food make it tuff . I have went over on my calories by 100-200 cals. a day for a week. Talking about cold weather riding I started riding this last spring when it wes 40 deg. out, and the last ride I took was around 40 and I put on 175 miles, I had on my leather biker jacket,pants,and vest,and still got cold. I think I have spring bike riding fever. :D

tymaboy
01-10-2011, 09:28 PM
1st day of aiming is done. All morning we filled out paper work & went over a few other details. After lunch we got issued our computers & had to do training on those. It was boring! We had to change the password on everything - 4 different passwords we had to change & make to something that we would remember. Threw out the day I noticed that it was always the same people that either asked/said things that just make you wonder. Or they had problems keeping up during the computer training. That alone made me wonder since we got hired due to our computer knowledge. I did find out that I will be on days for awhile. I was getting myself Sykes up for the long days & working nites. I heard on the radek that we have 10 more weeks of winter. I am hoping that in 10 weeks that it will be warm. Enough to get the bike out again.

LEATHERMAN
01-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Hi gals. Tymaboy How do you like your new job, after day 2.

ChopperChick355
01-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Hello All

Well been super busy but I do have to say we got 9 inches of snow between Sunday Night and Monday morning so I got a Snow Day - then now today we got another 2 inches and of SD always has to have wind so visibility is crappy - and having a high of -2 just plain sucks as well so I know we won't be getting any riding in anytime soon unless we rent bikes when we are in Mexico :) it is a possible

Tymaboy glad to hear that you are keeping up on your training at your new job-

Yep I think the ladies look HAWT in chaps as well but I only wear mine when it is cold like probably under 60 degrees or raining

Holly glad to hear your deserts went over well that is to be expected though because you are an awesome baker :)
So do you cook super at night? Maybe you could start getting his plate together for him then you can maybe somewhat control his portions??? Just a thought but I know husbands can be stubborn especially if they don't see the problem- Don't let it get you down though just thing of FUN events coming up then not long after that there will be some riding days hopefully in the near future :)

Tammy sorry to hear about falling off but it was only 1 night and you are a strong women and will get right back on track so go for it - how is the new job for you going?

Aaron 175 miles in 40 degree weather you are one tough guy, I sure wouldn't be doing that I may cruise around town but thats about it :)

OK well off to bed so I will check back in later

VermontMom
01-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Reda, I wish I could control his portions..that would be great..he gets home before me and makes dinner. Even on my days off, when I make dinner, I have portioned plates out in the kitchen then handed them out? and he comes back for more if he wants. If I only make enough for one serving, he'll have something else.

I might suggest a treadmill, a good one. A cycle shop near us is advertising good quality ones with lifetime guarantees for about $1000. And I would make the supreme sacrifice (for me) to have it in the living room, I have exactly one tiny space in the house that is nice for me (next to my bed, the curtains with the white lights?) so it would suck to have yet another thing that I consider ugly ...but if he uses it it would be great.

Aaron, I meant to comment and congratulate you on getting on your bike for that many miles, when it was 40! did you have some sun at least to help.

Tymaboy how is the job going?

Reda will be in the warm Cancun sun soon :cool:

How is our Tammy :hug:

I don't know if i told you but our request for the hospital help was denied. :( it did say that one could appeal if you had extenuating circumstances. It was income based and I think we j-u-s-t missed it. I'm going to appeal, cause for one thing our income is getting decreased by these monthly payments now - $250 to local hospital, $100 to one ambulance service, $50 to another ambulance service, $100 to radiologists. This is the first year ever in our working careers that we didn't have health insurance and doesn't it just suck that this happened in the year we don't.

you're probably all sick of hearing about this :devil: but it is what i find it hard to look forward to anything in future, with husband saying he is crippled without further med treatment and maybe surgery. I dont want to be mean but I have worked through pain myself and not have anything done; it eventually resolved...and I have seen him being somewhat of a baby in the past when he is sick so i truly don't know what level of pain he has . He has called me heartless in the past but I call it realistic. I also am just pulling my hair out becuase he is so complaining about physical pain but is NOT DOING ANTTHING about his weight, which would relieve some of his discomfort. I am screaming in my head silently alot lately.

We got about a foot of snow, at least I'm well to shovel and we have our two boys to help.

I'll try to be in a better mood soon :devil:

LEATHERMAN
01-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi everyone. Holly. I wish that there was something we could do for you and your family. Things have a way of working out. You can vent on us, we can take it. Holly the sun came out and warmed up to about 50, the leather warmed up in the sun, but it was still cold.

VermontMom
01-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks, Aaron. I wish you could have known me before this stuff happened, I sure wasn't such a sad sack then.

ChopperChick355
01-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Oh Holly you are not a Sad Sack you are just going through a rough patch right now and understandibly (?) and besides thats what we are here for each other to vent when your significant other is the problem or just doesn't understand the problem ..... Again maybe your event coming up hanging with all your biker friends will make him really think about things- could be a possiblility :) Don't take this wrong Aaron but most guys when they are sick or hurt it seems to be twice as bad as when we are sick or hurt - that is in most cases anyways but I do know some women that are real big babies as well but usually it is the guys :)

Wow Aaron 50 degrees I thought we had a heat wave today with 15 degrees and NO wind

Well I am going to go get on treadmil right now so have a Great TGIF
Oh and thanks goodness it is Friday

LEATHERMAN
01-13-2011, 11:34 PM
Reda I have the same temps you have, the ride was back in November. Yes we hurt more than you gals, hahaha:D

ChopperChick355
01-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Well pretty uneventful day today- we went shopping at the Harley shop today and found a Denim White Street Glide that I like and they also had a Black Denim Street Glide that DH is thinking that he likes so maybe when we get back from our trip we may have 2 new bikes instead of 1........
Stopped by the consignment shop that sells our bikes for us and he said to bring mine in right away but now we won't be able to have it there until we get back but hopefully since he is wanting it right away that it will sell quickly :)

On a bright side I did find some shorts today for a $1 a pair and they are even brand new - whoooo hooo what a buy before the trip as well

Well I suppose should get started on laundry since we messed around all day - Hope everyone is having a great weekend

VermontMom
01-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Reda I have the same temps you have, the ride was back in November. Yes we hurt more than you gals, hahaha:D

:rofl:

Reda, woohoo on bike shopping!!!

I'm in a better mood :D thank goodness. However I've been having pain in my left knee...2 friends from our biker site have been trying to help; one is giving advice because he's had ortho problems; the other is a registered nurse so I think I"m listening to him..comes down to I have to stop the Step routines..I've been modifying my workouts so there is little or NO impact, but it's hard for me to keep the cardio aspect without much foot movement - anyone have any suggestions? I've been trying to keep heart rate up by holding one pound weights and doing lots of arm movement.

well thanks AGAIN my friends for being here for me!!!

ChopperChick355
01-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Glad to hear you are in a better mood :D it sure does make your day go by much better :)

Ya giving up some of that impact on your knee will help out but ya what to do to get and keep your heart rate up- Using weights as you already do - I know when I do the hoola hoop on the Wii (advanced) it gets and keeps the heart rate up and is blunt impact on the knee- Hoola Hoop is on the Wii Fitness disc- do you have a Wii? I have started added step aerobics into my routine this last week - going good so far :)
Oh just came to me how about bicycle rows without the bike -sit on a chair or the floor - just another thought

Ok well I do have tomorrow off but I am working for a couple of hours today so off I go - hope everyone is having a great weekend

Hi Tammy, Colleen, Aaron, Tymaboy

2times2much
01-17-2011, 11:18 AM
What is all this I read of being in a bad mood, and feeling icky...? I thought that was just reserved for our house! I've been doctoring with a pinched nerve in my back/shoulder that has radiated down my arm and hand. Chiropractor can usually put me back in good shape. This time it's worse. I've got an appointment with a surgeon next week. I was hoping it would get better by then. Next month I have a sleep study scheduled. 2011 will be the year of the doctor! DH is still having head aches and back aches from his accident, but is insistant on staying on full time at work. Stubborn man!

Aaron, where in WI are you located? I am in SW WI. Snowing like crazy right now! Looking at temps around ZERO this week. Brrrr!

DH turns 50 this week! Future DDIL planned a surprise party for him. It was great! Packers won the football game (we had a TV there too), good Friends, Family and Fun! He was very surprised! A good friend made an awesome German Chocolate cake from scratch for him with a hill, where we put a replica of his semi-truck on a crushed Oreo cookie road, with lots of signs. One saying "Over the hill, and picking up speed!". Very cute.

Hope you are all hanging in there, jobs going okay, and diets not weighing you down too bad (pun intended!). Take care.

LEATHERMAN
01-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Hi gals. I live in NW WI. Holly I am glad you are in a better mood, I would walk. I think if you walk up hills or with weights you could get a good work out and save the knees. I think sore/bad knees hurt more then any other body part. I used an old exercise bike a few years ago, I turned the resistance down to 0 and went as fast as I could and boy did I sweat. Reda 10 days to cancun, sun and sand, and I hope a few good drinks. Well I was going to change my ticker, but I want to hold of and go 5 lbs, and I am not there yet.

tymaboy
01-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been around much. I can't believe how tired I am after work. I didn't think I would be since it is a desk job & I was used to do childcare before which was more active. All I have been doing is online training with test afterwards. That makes for a long day when that is all your doing for 8 hours everyday. Tomorrow we go to nicc (the college) for additional training. I am hoping that it is more exciting then what we have been doing. It sounds like when we get back into the office then we will shadow someone for a few weeks before being able to do any work ourselves. I have been doing well eating while I am at work. On Friday I had to munch threw out the day cuz my blood levels got off & munching was the only way I could keep from having the shakes all day. I knew that it was coming since I had not ate the best the last few months due to the holidays. Before I changed the way I ate every 1-3 months I would get shaky like that. I did the test where I had to drink the syrup but it said I was fine, the dr told me to keep checking my numbers when I feel like that.

I went shopping with dh the other day. I was looking for a few more pairs of pants for work. I bought another pair of size 6! I tried on a few different brands & all the size 8s that I tried were too big. I tried a size 4 in one, I got them closed & they did not feel tight but they looked tight. I think I maybe officially in a 6 now! I hope I can keep it up & not revert back to old ways.

ChopperChick355
01-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Hello All

Well making it quick just got home but hey I won all 3 of my bowling games tonight :)

Tymaboy what kind of work will you be doing again that you have to go through this many weeks of training? Just curious......

Colleen I hope you can talk you DH into seeing a DR just to make sure it isnt something serious- hope that you can get your stuff figured out as well I know when you are not feeling a 100% it sure does affect the weight loss as well

Well only 3 days left before we leave but I will think of everyone

VermontMom
01-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Good morning everyone :)

Colleen sorry about the pinched nerve! :( and good luck with the surgeon appt. That was a real nice party for your DH and cute cake idea.

tymaboy - congrats on being an official size 6!! :carrot:

Aaron - thanks for the advice...unfortunately too snowy/icy now to walk outside. Hope you get to move your ticker soon :)

Reda - tell me, what would you say a bicycle row is? either on the floor or chair. We do have a Wii, DH bought it way back in summer and it is still sitting on the floor in the exact same place . Hula hooping sounds fun, lol. And yay for you, almost time for sun and sand :cool:

Hi Tammy! :wave:

2times2much
01-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Wednesday...Half way through the week! Seems like FOREVER! Slow days make time drag out even longer!

I need a project to keep my mind busy. Nothing going on in the near future. I love to fiddle, tinker, and plan stuff. Anyone got anything going on that they need help with? I don't really want to get another job, or to volunteer somewhere. I just want to keep my MIND busy! If I don't have something going I eat.

Reda, I hope you have a great vacation! Soak up some sun, and relax! That sounds wonderful! Temps around here are to be near 0 this week. ICK!

DH is willing to back to the doctor on Friday when he gets home. The accident is causing him more aches and pains now than what it did to begin with! I would have stayed off work for a bit. He's stubborn though! (I'm not--nope--not me!)

With aches and pains I don't feel like my normal self. I just can't come up with anything fun or entertaining for you guys! Something has got to liven up around me soon. If not--I'm gonna take the afternoon off and crawl right back into bed!

VermontMom
01-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Colleen you are always entertaining :)

Anyone got anything going on that they need help with? I don't really want to get another job, or to volunteer somewhere. I just want to keep my MIND busy!

Colleen, do you like to decorate, plan rooms? What if I gave you the dimensions of our tiny living room.. I have absolutely positively NO sense of decorating. And DH is worse :devil: because he buys junk from Big Lots, like pressed-board lamp tables that look like crap! I would gladly ditch everything in this room, except we have to keep the direct vent heater, and the wooden console the boys just bought us. But if i gave you the dimensions and doorways and where windows were, would you come up with some thoughts?

Today I tackled a horrible area here....it was the eating area (can't call it a 'dining room', too small) table, both on top AND underneath, it was shameful the thick dust and dog hair that was covering the assorted 'everything' underneath (all DH's stuff) and all the piles of stuff he had on top, along with the computer, all the stupid wires..I started refusing to vacuum under there a couple years ago when I knew he made no move to pick up his stuff..I found empty envelopes dated 2009 :rolleyes: and grocery store receipts from 2006..WTF?!

There are still MANY areas but at least I got one done. Two huge garbage bags. Hey last week I also got two big garbage bags of clutter out, but I forget from where?!

Plus I straightened up some bookcases that, from where I sit here, always looked awful. I did throw out a bunch of stuff that hopefully my brain-damaged husband won't ever miss :devil: :devil: Oh and just to relieve any anxiety, I also had boxes of stuff to donate, instead of throwing out.

I don't expect these areas to stay good, just because I have three influences (husband and 2 sons) working against me but for now it is a good feeling!!

I had only today off this week :rolleyes: because Boss let me take off last Saturday for the Harley Raffle? so I have to 'make it up'.

Oh and I found out that 'he payed us for Christmas Day' - yet I didn't get paid for coming in on my day off that week! He is so effed-up.

well I didn't mean to get negative, I actually had a good day off, even though it was filled with cleaning, trashing, dumping.

VermontMom
01-20-2011, 09:14 AM
me again :rolleyes: I spent a couple days emailing with someone in VT on Craig's list about a bike...got to the point last night when i emailed and asked if i could arrange to come sit on it, because it sounded very very good to me? not even 6 minutes later, he emailed and said someone contacted him, and its sold.

I cant tell you how disappointed I was!!! well yes I will tell you I bawled like a stupid baby.

maybe I should have said i;d buy it too but how can you buy a bike witout at least sitting on it????

LEATHERMAN
01-20-2011, 10:38 AM
I got mine off of Craigs list,I called and talked to the guy who was selling and told him I had to drive over 100 miles to look at it, what I did was asked what he would take for the bike, to see if he would come down on the price. Then I told him I wanted to look at it and take it for a ride,and had him hold it for me and he did. I did e mail to a add, and a gal e mailed me back who was selling a bike, she was not willing to dicker on price until I told her that I lived so far away. She did talk to her husband and they would come down on there price,and would hold it for a day so I could go look at it. I passed that bike up after talking to the owner on the phone. I did sell a cool lifted Jeep last spring on Craigs list and what I found out is that nobody wants to call and talk, they want to do it all on line. Good luck you will find just the right bike.

2times2much
01-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Decorate! YES! I love to decorate and design! Send me everything you can! Size of room, windows, best spot for the TV and what color scheme you want to go with. If you don't know send me colors of the carpet, or ajoining rooms. Do you have anything that you like, that you want to decorate around? I used to sell Home Interiors for years. Mostly to feed my own spending/decorationg habits. Are you wanting to keep the items you have, add more, or get rid of stuff? Please let me help--I love a challenge! email, Facebook or 3FC posts are all fine with me. Do you have pictures?

colleen_arndt@hotmail.com Let me know what you would like! I would love to help!

LEATHERMAN
01-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Colleen I new a few arndts, they lived by the brewer stadium. This would have been back 20 yeard ago. There daughter moved from Minnesota to california about that same time.

2times2much
01-20-2011, 04:55 PM
I married into the name 11 years ago. Was a Stanek, and before that my maiden name was Muehe. There isn't any of my husbands relatives that I know very well, but they were from Indiana. The brothers and sisters all were in a family feud, and there is a bunch of nonsense of some not talking to others...a big mess that they will no doubt all regret later in life. :(

I was a military brat. By the time I was 18 I had lived in more houses than what I had lived YEARS! I went to 3 different high schools. It was an interesting way of life.

VermontMom
01-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Aaron, thanks :) everyone says that I just need to be patient because the time is coming soon that many will be putting their bikes up for sale.

Colleen - ' a color scheme' OMG I never imagined such a thing :D I might have come up with too grand an idea...considering the financial constraints we now have...:( I'm sorry if I didn't think first and got you excited about something that I probably can't follow through on :(

has Reda left yet for Cancun? Safe travels to you honey, and OH BOY HAVE A GREAT TIME :cool: :cool: :cool:

We have been told super cold weather is coming this weekend! Like 20 below, not with wind chill but regular air temperature.

LEATHERMAN
01-21-2011, 12:38 PM
We had 27 below zero today.:D

VermontMom
01-22-2011, 11:21 PM
We had 27 below zero today.:D

Holy cr@p!

We're supposed to get to -15 or -20 tomorrow night.

2times2much
01-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Another Packer football win, takes us to the Superbowl! I'm not a huge fan of football, but do like the hype it brings!

Snowing again! I'm ready for Spring any time now! Sooner is better than later!

I have a box of stuff to be donated to the March of Dimes rummage sale in our area. I've been slowly adding stuff. If I hit the clothes closets, I could fill several boxes! Yesterday I through out more than what was saved, going through stuff in the desk. I searched the whole house looking for a needle so I could sew a button on for DH!! It was like looking for a needle in a 3 bedroom ranch instead of a haystack. I NEVER found one either! I need to get a little more organized! I don't have lots of stuff--it's just that the stuff I have isn't in good order! I'll work on that. :)

Grandma is back in the hospital with CHF--not looking too good. DH's stepmom fell and broke her back in 3 places--not good. DH's dad has Alzeheimers, and is up staying with kids for now. I see a surgeon about my hand/arm problem tomorrow. DH went back to the doc after his accident with head aches and trouble...Is there anyone healthy out there?

We went to Dubuque to get our eyes tested this weekend. Dh and I can't go anywhere without getting into mischeif! We went to the Harley dealership. Always fun! No big purchases thank goodness! Glasses were expensive enough!

I'm reading that my post is rather negative. It must just be Monday, as everything really isn't that horrible. What's good with you all?

tymaboy
01-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Hello everyone! Sorry I dont post too much now. I usualy dont post when I am on the IPad & am not on DHs computer too much any more. I dont want to use the work computer incase they actualy monitor it like they say they do.

Colleen one of these times when you come to DBQ we will need to meet up someplace.

Holly- I bought my bike off CL too. I looked all winter & I think in April is when I found my bike. A lady was selling it cuz it had been sitting in her garage for 3 yrs & figured it was time to get rid of it. She dropped it 1 time in her yard & that was enough for her. It had less then 3000 miles on it & my friend was able to get it started after sitting for 3 yrs. He drove it home (30 some miles) after he got it started. I have been very lucky with it cuz I have not had to do anything to it (only changed oil) I bought it for 1000 less then blue book. I am itching to get it out. I have awhile yet before I can ride it again.

Hopefully come next week I can actuely start training/working on my job instead of the training that I have been doing for the last 2 weeks. I was excited this weekend cuz I got my 1st paycheck & for 1 week it was as much as I made for a month of daycare. Hopefuly I can get bills paid up/off instead of blowing it on other stuff.

I have been trying to becarful at what I eat since starting work but it is hard. I do OK at work. Today was the 1st day I bought my lunch but normanly I have been taking my lunch. What really gets me is when we get home neither one of us feel like cooking so we make whatever is easy or we go out, both of which have been bad for us.

This last weekend we had a party at our house for the football game. Go Packers!! We usualy have a party for the superbowl no matter who is in it but this yr will be a much bigger deal. So that means even more bad for me food.

2times2much
01-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Miseralble night last night! It all started when I started cleaning the refrigerator and found a lonely wine cooler! I took some new meds that the doc gave me that could have been a contributing factor, but once I tell you what I ate, you'll probably think the drugs had nothing to do with anything! I made some tuna casserole. I added some cheese that needed to be used--okay a LOTof cheese. That was yummy! Just 1/2 a serving (well, 1/2 again of what I ate, which was way more than a serving!) left in the pan--better just finish that up! I ran accross some good caramel that I had on ice cream the other day--that was great. Had some ice cream with caramel and nuts too! Gastric reflux set in about 2 minutes after I went to bed! Oh my! What a miseralbe night! Tuna would not have been my choice to have for tasting the second time! It really wasn't any better through the night after MANY Tums. Then I had MINT-TUNA with strawberry wine, and ice cream flavors! Take my advice. DON'T do that! The refrigerator looks better. :)

Doc says to take the steroids he perscribed. They can do an MRI and a shot in the spine. NOT my idea of a good time doing that either! So after that, I went back to the chiropractor. I have just as much faith in him, and really want to avoid shots to the spine or possible surgeries.

Tymaboy, I'll be heading your way again sometime in the next couple weeks to get glasses I ordered. Hope the job is going good for you. the extra pay has got to be a plus! :carrot:

Chat with you all more later. Gotta go.

VermontMom
01-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Hey everyone :) Tymaboy, that is great about your first paycheck :carrot:

Colleen, ugh to Tum/Tuna/burps!

DH worked on Sunday, to plan to take today off, with me. He had suggested that we go to area (well they are all an hour away) bike shops to test-sit bikes. This morning, I started thinking, why do I want to sit on a bunch of brand new bikes, that I have no intention of buying? I've never ever been one to want to 'window shop', I don't get pleasure from looking at things I can't buy. I know they have used bikes for sale, I checked their current inventory that was online, but didn't see anythign that I liked. So...I spent the day in bed instead :rolleyes: Bad day.

VermontMom
01-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey everyone, I had a completely 'on program' day yesterdya,wish me luck in another one today, and to keep away from the stupid cookies! had a filling breakfast and bringing lunch and a snack to hopefully curb the hunger and fend off cookie attack. Have a good day 8)

ChopperChick355
01-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi everyone- we made it home today
Had a great time got pictures downloaded to facebook- but started laundry so haven't done much of anything else

Holly was it a bicycle row you were asking about? I would guess that it is like a rowing machine on the floor but not 100% sure- glad to hear DH is somewhat taking an interest in you looking at motorcycles but sorry to hear about the lost one on CL- so what type of bike are you looking at? I am taking the chopper to our local consignment shop on Saturday to be sold when we stopped there 2 weeks ago he said to bring it up right away but we were getting ready to leave and didn't have time so this weekend it will
go and hopefully it will sell quickly

Tymaboy congrats on first paycheck

Colleen sorry to hear about grandma, DH stepmom and Dad hope things get back to a somewhat normal for you

Great Job on staying OP even if for only a day or two

Ok I am being hollared at so better get going I will check back in later

VermontMom
01-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Welcome back home, Reda! :cool:

ChopperChick355
01-31-2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks Holly - not so happy to be home just because we are getting 6-8 inches of that ugly white stuff and of course we always have strong winds

But overall had a slack day back to work and I am thinking tomorrow I am going to have a Snowday :) whooo hooo

VermontMom
02-01-2011, 09:42 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHOPPERCHICK!!! :bday2you::hb::gift: hope its a great day for you :hug:

2times2much
02-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Reda, Happy birthday from me too. It looks like the party is on Holly's post! Hope you have a great day! I must have missed something...why are you selling the Chopper?

Cold and snowy in Wisconsin. Schools closed. No real news here. Just had to check in on you guys. :)

ChopperChick355
02-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes - going out for supper as it is also my youngest sons birthday as well

Selling the chopper to get a new motorcycle one that I can take on longer distance riding- I don't mind riding with DH but longer distances I get so bored, so with that I am getting myself a new bike. Thinking a HD Street Glide or possibly HD Roadking but really leaning towards Street Glide since they have stereo :) I actually thought about keeping it and just buying a new one but really couldn't justify it

Well I better get off here and get my butt ready for supper, then I have bowling tonight and if I know the girls there will be quite a few drinks involved :)

tymaboy
02-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Happy BDay chopperchick!!

Possibility of up to 20 inches of snow :-( it started as up to 12 but the number just kept growing today. This winter is just dragging on.

VermontMom
02-02-2011, 09:40 AM
good morning chicks, we are getting snow also, I think they're saying anywhere from 8" to 16". We had our boys use the roof rake to pull alot of snow off the house and garage on Monday to prepare. I'm very glad I have off today and tomorrow! Coming home last night, I was cruisin along thinking the road was 'just' snow-covered; must have been some ice because I found myself losing traction and started to fishtail...gently let off gas and gently steered into the swerve, and thank goodness straightened out right away, and double thanks there was no one in the other lane because I was.

Found a great link...cycletrader.com I typed in Honda VTX1300, with under $7500 and no distance limits...there are HUNDREDS of leftover new VTX's (2009's) for just under $7000. True, you have to have it shipped, but another avenue for me to check.

Still doing terribly with my eating. My knee is better but I have been really babying it, and it shows, that I just don't work as hard during exercise and don't sweat as much..sure wish I had an elliptical or something. It should be imperative now for me to shave calories since I'm not working as hard. However i checked my January journal, and I worked out 28 out of 31 days in January :carrot: even if I was eating cookies inbetween :devil:

ChopperChick355
02-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Holly that is great 28 out of 31 days :carrot:

Shipping is not all that expensive we had Todd's Boss Hoss shipped from VT to SD last Sept and it only cost $500 which I did not think was bad at all- so you must be leaning towards another VTX they are such nice bikes as well- were you able to keep any of your accessories from the old bike for the new bike? Btw have you settled with insurance company on the old bike?

Had a great night last night and with that I am doing absolutely nothing tonight but laying on the couch covered up staying warm

Hi Aaron hope all is well for you

VermontMom
02-02-2011, 09:58 PM
staying warm under a blanket was a good idea for today! I watched the 7 pm news about what this huge storm did across the country and oh my gosh. Here we just got about 8 or 9 inches of snow, thank goodness for sons and snowthrowers :)

Yup I checked out some shipping prices and they ranged from mid $500 to high $600. I really liked my VTX so I would feel it was pretty risk-free to get another one. No, didn't get any of my aftermarket parts...stupid of me.

Nope still haven't settled yet but that is my fault. Back in late November I had email from the guy who told me barely $6000 for it...I said I just didn't think that was enough. I sent an email on Jan. 17th, saying I was ready for the process to go forward, and said I would be happy with $6200. Haven't heard back from them. I 'thought' I could negotiate a little? :?:

tymaboy
02-02-2011, 10:17 PM
what a day here. The snow hit last nite (13 inches) Dh got up cleanned of the drive way & headed out to work. Then came back in shortly after. his truck was stuck in the alley. I went out to help dig him out then the neighbor came out & the 2 decided to get the jeep to pull it out. The jeep didnt work & was spinning its tires as well so I went back in I was freezing- let the boys play. My jeep must not have been to stuck cuz it didnt take long for DH to bring it back home. It took them awhile to get it out & to shovel the alley. After they were done DH went into work he said roads were still covered & a bit slick so I stayed home instead of going in. I took pics of my yard. The steps were real fun to shovel off & when DS & I got to the bottom we decided not to shovel the sidewalk cuz we had no idea where we were to shovel the snow too. If we threw up the hill in our yard it would just come back down & we cant shovel snow into the street. DS was having a blast! I wish I had a camera cuz he went out in his under armor pants & shirt with boxers over his pants, tube socks, boots & a sweat shirt. He was jumping off of the steps & the hill into the snow on the sidewalk. Its so deep that he never fell far enough into the snow to hit the bottom. He'd get stuck & expect me to walk over to him to help him up.

When I wasnt outside I was fixing my parents facebook page. Hiding some of the apps that they didnt want to see anymore & uploading some pics for them. I was nicer to my dad then my mom. I have some very funny pics of her when we were growing up. Some pics she looked stoned in, I just couldnt help myself.

tymaboy
02-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Oops forgot to post the pics.

Front Steps
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk56/tymaboy/167043_1561687927235_1386440052_1218447_5002779_n. jpg

Yard
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk56/tymaboy/168622_1561689487274_1386440052_1218451_485578_n.j pg

Under deck
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk56/tymaboy/168679_1561690167291_1386440052_1218453_7926071_n. jpg

SarRawrNaomi
02-02-2011, 10:37 PM
I rode on the back of a motor cycle once, and my hair went all over the place but it was amazing =D

BTW could someone who knows how to use this thing message me and help me know how to use this thing O_O (and how do I get to my messages) Sorry I'm a newb.

LEATHERMAN
02-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi Gals. I started Weight watchers on line a few days ago. I have had a hard time with my old diet, I have worked out 4 or 5 days a week but my eating was out of control. I hope this works for me. It has been so cold here over the last few weeks, and it snows almost every day. I want spring to come fast so I can go for a ride. Reda Happy Birthday late. Holly I hope you find a bike before spring, and I hope your DH wants to ride to, Holly you could still ride alone or with a friend. Tymaboy you guys got slamed with snow. Well I think I will go for a walk, it is warmer today, it is 8 out and the wind is blowing so wind chill is only like 15 below. I hope you all have a nice warm day.:D

beerdrinker
02-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Hey ladies! I was wondering if I could come hang with y'all even though I don't ride a great big fancy bike?

I have a Pink (yes, pink. not my first choice, but it has definitely grown on me! haha!) 2006 150cc Genuine Stella. I got her (Caroline) with right at 700 miles on her, and have since put over 6,000 within the year. I love my scooter and ride it everywhere, year round! (Except for in the damn ice and snow. Cold, I can handle. Ice, notsomuch.) There's a picture of us on my profile if you wanna check it out.

For those of you sans ice and snow, happy riding!

I rode on the back of a motor cycle once, and my hair went all over the place but it was amazing =D

BTW could someone who knows how to use this thing message me and help me know how to use this thing O_O (and how do I get to my messages) Sorry I'm a newb.

I tried to message you, but you don't have it enabled. Go to your User CP> Edit Options> Enable PM (or one of the options)

VermontMom
02-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Hey beerdrinker :D welcome and of course you can hang with us :carrot: that is a great profile pic!

VermontMom
02-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Well I think I will go for a walk, it is warmer today, it is 8 out and the wind is blowing so wind chill is only like 15 below. I hope you all have a nice warm day.:D
:devil: You are a tough person!!! and congrats on the WW online, maybe I should check that out. Anything would help me at this point!!

LEATHERMAN
02-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Hi Beerdrinker and SarRawrNaomi. I had a nice cold walk yesterday, I walked about 1 1/4 miles, the wind was bad. I like the WW so far. I am going to weigh my self on friday next week, then I can see if it is working.

ladyrider72472
02-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Hey y'all..... I have been MIA.... I just finished my 14 days straight. I have been working 75 hours a week :(

If I forget to address something, I am sorry. I did read though.

CC..... I think it is cool you are getting a new bike. Btw, happy belated bday. Sorry I missed it.

Holly..... I say get the bike you want! You deserve it girl. I wish you lived down this way..... I know someone wanting to GIVE an eliptical away.... but the thing is he is wanting to get rid of it b/c it hurts his knees :(

Colleen- you crack me up! Are you still dogsitting? I know you had job stress.... how is that going?

Tymaboy.... darn that is a whole lot of snow. Btw, how is the new job?

Leatherman, I started WW online also. I "cheated" and weighted after 5 days just to see my progress. I have lost 6 pounds. It is pretty strict as far as eating processed foods b/c they use so may points.... but it works out to be the best for the long term I believe.

SarRawrNaomi and beerdrinker, WELCOME.

Well, I am short on time. I will gab more later.

tymaboy
02-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Welcome SarRawrNaomi and beerdrinker.

We got about another 3 inches this weekend. Is the snow ever going to end?

We are having a super bowl party today. Lotta of work this weekend & I have been sick all weekend. I guess it's better that I was sick on the weekend & not during the week when I need to work. I also had to bowl last nite. My average has gone up to 81 now. I bowled a couple pins above average last nite. The time before I had 2 games over 100. My team could tell I wasn't feeling myself, but I'm still proud of myself for bowling above average. I have not gone crazy cleaning the house for my guest today. I just don't feel up to it. Well I better go heat up the food.

2times2much
02-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the newbies! Nice to have you join the chatter anytime! I'm not active with my dieting, my ticker is WAY off (but it looks better than actual weight), but the folks here let me in to chat anyway! I'm thankful. Someday my wagon will come back and I'll jump on again.

Tymaboy, you might have us beat on snow, but at least in Wisconsin we WIN at football! Yay Packers victory in the Superbowl!

Spring Fever has hit! Yesterday we traded campers. We downsized, and traded our 36' 5th wheel beautiful house on wheels for a much smaller 2011 travel trailer with an indoor AND an Outdoor kitchen. Love it! We will soon be selling our 99 Diesel 3/4 ton truck too, and getting my dad's 06 F150 4 dr King Ranch truck to pull the new travel trailer. We are keeping the Harley, and selling the 08 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad with only 3800 miles on it. Buyers?

Next week we get together with friends to plan a trip out to Glacier Nat'l Park on the cycles the week after Memorial Day weekend this year. We are planning on it unless DH still is having arm trouble from the semi accident.

I just quoted insurance for a $2.5 million house!! $5000 premium, and it didn't scare him!! Crazy!! Somebody out there still has money I guess!

Lovely Monday. Still in a good mood from the weekend, and the day at work has been going fast. Hope all is well with you all too! Spring fever is hitting you too. I can tell buy the cycle talk...

beerdrinker
02-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!
Perhaps it will carry over into my scooting to the scooter club meeting tonight.
BURRR!!! haha!

ChopperChick355
02-07-2011, 08:31 PM
I am back...... sorry been really busy every night and day so haven't had anytime to really get on the computer

Holly I would have thought your counter offer of $200 diff they would have jumped on it but I guess you just never know with insurance companies
Good Luck on getting a new bike - I took my chopper to Powerbrokers on Saturday, I am selling it cheap and he thought there would be no problem selling it quickling either- then I can finally order mine as I do believe I am going with the 2011 White Denim Street Glide unless something changes before then but I doubt it :)

Holly cow Aaron walking in below 0 weather that is crazy I would have been frozen - so KUDOS to you, good luck with WW Online- I have thought about looking into that as well but of course haven't. Vacation has put me a slump lately and wishing I was back in Mexico :)

Well off to shoot darts tonight so I will be checking back in later

Welcome Beerdrinker and SarRawrNaomi

Oh nice ride you have there beerdrinker - I am liking the pink :)

VermontMom
02-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Hey everyone :)

Reda, congrats on the (almost) decison on the White Denim Street Glide :carrot: Sorry you're feeling in a slump since Vacay - too bad vacays can't last longer! Yeah I wonder why they (insurance) didn't respond ... that was almost a month ago!

Hi Tammy!!! WHOA you have been working alot, girl! hope your health isn't suffering from it :hug:

Colleen, congrats on the Packers win! and for your new home on wheels.

Hi tymaboy :wave:

Hey Aaron, are you still on plan with the online WW?

I had a sober wake up call when I weighed myself this morning!!! do you see I had to adjust my ticker UP 6 POUNDS. All day long, when I was thinking I was starving I just kept saying "162...162". I'm supposed to be going down, not up!! Big wake up call. I'm sitting here feeling empty while DH is having a huge bowl of ice cream :rolleyes: This is going to be very hard but I have got to stick to clean eating.

beerdrinker
02-08-2011, 11:09 AM
@ChopperChick355 Thanks!

@vermontmom bummer. you'll get there. :)

ChopperChick355
02-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Holly you will do what you need to do to get back to where you want to be- We had a new wellness center built and for 2 weeks I have been going to go check it out but haven't had time yet- hopefully Thursday I will
Well I won 2 of my 4 dart games last night so I must be improving, pissing alot of guys off because of the way I throw- I just walk up there and throw, don't do alot of aiming and all.....

Tammy 75 hours that is alot - but I see WW Online is working for you to - I do need to check that out - I just need something to keep me accountable

Colleen congrats on the new travel trailer- it is spring fever, I am going to go look at a new river cabin next Wednesday, hopefully it is nice and all

We have quite a few trips planned this year - I don't think we will be at home at all ...... acutally summer is jammmed packed every month we have some type of a trip planned even if it is for an extended weekend

Tymaboy how is your new job going? Great Job on bowling - I will bowl again tonight and hopefully it will be better than last week :(

I suppose I should get to work and get something done today so have a Great Tuesday

LEATHERMAN
02-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Hi Gals. I love the ww so far, I will weigh my self on friday. I will post the numbers each week so you can see how I am doing. Have you gals ever used a zumba dance tape, if so how is it.

VermontMom
02-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Hey everyone :) Oh my gosh..it did not snow here yesterday!!! not one flake :carrot: The snowbanks are so high everywhere you have to be so very careful driving and pulling out, and watching for others.

I have had THREE days on plan!! :carrot: that's a first. I keep hearing that '162' echoing in my head and that is what is motivating me.

Aaron, I haven't done a Zumba class or tape, but have a friend who really likes it.

Hey I was re-elected vice president of our motorcycle group, I guess I haven't done anything terrible in a year :rofl: more like no one else wanted to do it :D

This weekend is when we go to Ohio for a big party. The EasyRiders Bike Show is in Columbus OH and our friends started getting together afterwards for a party..it has grown to us renting the bottom part of a bar to hold all the people that come, around 100. I was so-so about going...such a long drive, about 12 or 13 hours, but maybe it will be a good change out of our rut. And especially, maybe getting DH back into the 'we loves bikes' mood.
We leave tomorrow morning.

ChopperChick355
02-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Aaron I hear Zumba is fun and exercising - going to try it out this weekend. I got my membership at the health club and tonight is my first class, step areobics. They have classes from 5a till 8pm every day ranging from yoga to spin classes then on Sunday it is a 3 hour bike ride on stationary bikes :) I am excited to start - need to get my butt in gear

Holly way to go on 3 days OP and I know you will have a blast this weekend but it is quite the drive - but it will be fun :)

VermontMom
02-11-2011, 07:31 AM
got to say bye for the weekend :) We're driving out to Columbus Ohio; that's where most of our biker friends are (well Ohio, KY) and the EasyRiders Bike show is there for this weekend; we all get together for a party Saturday night. We were able to go the first year (two years ago); couldn't last year; but DH really wanted to make it this year so we planned for it. I had to work 7 days in a row to 'earn' the weekend off but it will be worth it. Some of these people, I haven't seen in 2 years, because we didn't go to Chillicothe in 2010 either. So it will be fun :cool:

actually, I know DH will bring his laptop so I can probably say hi from the hotel, otherwise have a great weekend everyone!

LEATHERMAN
02-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Woo Hoo scale is down. :carrot::carrot:: I just weighed my self and the scale said 261. :D I have had a hard time dieting the last 2-3 weeks weight is up and down, so when I started WW I was around 265, so I lost 4 lbs. I will post next week to show weight loss. I am going to move my ticker. I hope you gals have a good weekend. Holly I wish I was going to the Easy Riders bike show it sounds like so much fun. I hope it helps your DH get back in to riding again.

LEATHERMAN
02-11-2011, 12:02 PM
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost my ticker, and I cant get it back.

ChopperChick355
02-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Aaron not sure what you need to do but I would think just repost your link in your User CP file

Well went to the stop areobics last night and boy I am out of shape but I worked my butt off - sweat was rolling and I even got sick after the workout- I was trying really hard towards the end to hold it down but just as it was time to lay down and do abs I was heading for the restroom but today I feel good and I am not sore at all- so tonight is Yoga
I still haven't checked out WW online but will hopefully do that this afternoon

Have TONS of FUN Holly

LEATHERMAN
02-11-2011, 10:34 PM
My wife an I love WW, I started the on line program 1 week for free and my wife signed up for 3 months. We also ordered the book for the points for when we are off the 3 month program. I did lose 4+ lbs in the last week and a half, even after the superbowl, I will keep you gals posted weekly. I will try to fix my ticker later.

ChopperChick355
02-13-2011, 02:58 AM
Well the band that our Eagle Riders group had tonight was great, we had a super turnout, started selling our raffle tickets for the 2011 Heritage Softtail and sold 200 of them tonight so that was a great start

Aaron that is great you are doing a super job on WW is your wife doing as good? Are you two motivating each other?

Well I suppose I should head to bed have alot of house cleaning to do tomorrow

LEATHERMAN
02-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Hi gals. Yes my wife has lost 2-3 lbs also.

tymaboy
02-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Sorry I have been gone awhile.

Our Super bowl Sunday Party was a success. Lotts of food & about 15 people in the house. At the last minute DH & I decided to buy a new TV. We put it in the dinning for the party & it will be moved into the spare bedroom after DH decides where & how he is going to hang it.

On Wed. we desided to go to Chicago for the weekend. DS stayed home by himself. It was a great weekend. My legs are very sore from all the walking we had done. We parked the jeep at the airport & took the L (train) everywhere. 2 nites in a row we spent $150 on dinner. The food & service was great but wow its expencive to eat there. Sat. morning we both a small caramel mocha, I got a fruit & yogurt & he just got fruit & it cost us $17. We crammed alot of stuff in yesterday- shoping downtown. I felt very under dressed. Most of the stores & shopping centers were high end. DH did say that I could buy something so I could didnt feel so out of place, he said that he knew whatever I bought I would use for work. I didnt buy anything. After shoping we went to the John Hancock building, it took the elevator 40 seconds to go from the bottem to the top. Our ears popped a few times going up & down it. I need to upload pictures of our trip then I will post a link to the pictures. We even hit the car show but by the time we got there we were pretty tired & only walked half of it before calling it quits. I did break down & bought $20 of fudge. DH knows that fudge is my downfall. He pointed it out to me but I walked past it cuz I didnt want to wait in line, then when we were walking out he saw another fudge stand without a line.

We left Chicago early this morning so we could make it to my daycare boys BDay party. At 1st he was being shy but that didnt last long. He sat next to me when we ate & had to give me all the wrapping paper from his gifts. I tried not to over eat too much this weekend, hopefuly I did not gain too much over the weekend.

tymaboy
02-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Link to the weekend pictures (http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk56/tymaboy/Chicago%) This is just a few of them. Hope you all had a great weekend

VermontMom
02-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Hello chicks, we are back from our weekend in OH and it sounds crazy but it was a party worth driving 1600 miles in a weekend :carrot: tymaboy, Chicago must have been great, I will check out the pics tonight :) Reda, congrats on the step class but OMG you must have been working hard!! good for you for sticking thru it ! Aaron, congrats on being down!! :carrot:

ChopperChick355
02-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Hello Everyone

Sounds like your trip was fun and well worth the drive- glad to hear you made it home safe

Tymaboy I have tried to check your picutes out but not letting me???

We are having great weather again today it is like upper 40's and the next 2 days it is going to reach 60- so hopefully all the ice in our driveway will melt away ---- I am hoping by Wednesday that we can take the bike out if our driveway allows for it - it is gravel under the ice....

2times2much
02-16-2011, 01:12 PM
My sleep study was done last night. I slept like a baby! The technician said that she wasn’t allowed to say if I would be getting a CPAP machine, because everything had to be evaluated. Then she said “but, when you get your machine—you will just love the results!” I slept for 2 hours without the mask and machine, and the rest of the time with the getup on. They had leads, and wires ran all over me! Goop on my head, sensors up my nose, wires wrapped around my waist, above by chest, on my face! I was a real “looker” I tell you! The goo on my head was like caulk! I didn’t think I would ever get it out in the shower! This morning I feel pretty good. :) I'm hoping for excellent news, and good results to follow!

DH is having a huge mental issue with driving the semi since his accident. Took himself out of service, and have an appiontment for counseling. Hope he gets somewhere! QUICK! He's pretty down in the dumps and has a history of self-destructive behaviors. Still having aches and pains might be wearing on him too! Starting to get garbage in the mail because of the medical bills. 100% the other guys fault, but no bills have been paid yet! We get the nasty notes that they will be turning us into collection! Just great!

Sounds like you all have been busy traveling and partying! That's great! Spring is on it's way soon--I've heard about a lot of Robin's (the bird) in the
area, but haven't seen one for myself yet! That is always a good sign in Wisconsin! Our camper still hasn't made it off the ice (too slippery!), to get cleaned out for the trade we were hoping was going to take place this weekend. DH is going to try getting the cycle put up for consignment. It's a beautiful bike, but I think I will be happy selling. I don't mind riding the Harley, and prefer riding on back when going with DH instead of taking my own. I ride for safety and do what I can do SAFE. DH is kind of an instigator, and has belittled me if I don't keep up in a group. The group ALWAYS sides with me! :D

Hope you are all doing well--

ChopperChick355
02-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Colleen happy to hear that your sleep study went well and hopefully it will all be good news- sorry to hear about DH - not only are bills rolling in for something not your fault but now DH is not working either. Hope you get to swap out your camper out this weekend - good luck with that and selling the bike.

Well I have been faithfully going to the gym every night after work and doing an hour long class everyday is something different but when I get back from Mardi Gras I will be doing a six week program with a trainer, so hope that all goes well. Class got done at 6:30 then off to bowling I went and won 2 of my 3 games even though my legs and arms felt like jello :)

Well I suppose off to work looking at another convience store to buy today- need to have my final assessment today ......

VermontMom
02-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Hey chicks! and Aaron :)

Colleen, lol @ your description of the wires and gook! but I'm so happy for you if the machine helps. Real sorry to hear of DH's doubts, I guess its a form of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome isn't it. Hopefully it will just take time for him to regain confidence. Sux about the bills coming to you, though, and the crappy "collections" threats!

Reda, WTG on an hour long class each day :strong: :exercise: :ebike: and best wishes on the store!!

I didn't work out on the three day weekend, but did the day before and the day I got back, and each day since then.

We had sun and 45 degrees today!! man it was nice. Just a tease but great.

Oh, this is sad, yesterday I learned the husband of one of our Fire Dept. ladies passed from cancer, it was known to be terminal but still sad. He was a very nice man. And i just read in the paper today that a guy I know, just from doing errands around town, passed from cancer. I barely knew his name but he was a polite, pleasant person. Life seems very unfair sometimes :?:

and my good news, I *think* I might be feeling like myself again. Woo-hoo!!!! It's about dang time!! Joe's accident came at just the beginning of my usual fall/winter depression and it was just a doozy (as you know from me crying to you all :D ) I can just tell, from the longer days that the 'shift' has started. thank goodness!!!! Now I can get excited about bikes again.

AND more good news - DH said, regarding his stiff/painful shoulder, "when riding season comes, I don't know how I'm going to get in and out of my leather jacket'. Which sounds like a problem but **** I'm so glad he's talking like he is going to be riding! We'll work on his shoulder somehow.

Hi Aaron, tymaboy and Tammy!!! :wave:

2times2much
02-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Holly, glad you are feeling a hint better, as it is getting close to Spring, rather than the normal winter downers. I don't spend much time outside, but the weather DOES have an effect on us all I'm pretty sure. There is no doubt in my mind that you are creative enough to manage to get a leather jacket on DH somehow! It might take some baby oil and scissors, but I'm sure you will get it on him if it means a motorcycle outing!! ;)

Reda, you sound like you are doing great on the excercise deal! Good for you!

Dawn, How is the job going? Ever get out of the snow?

Tammy, You must be working like crazy--haven't heard much from you! Thanks for asking about my job--still waiting. Boss is going in for questioning next week.

Aaron, Glad WW is working good for you and your wife. I think it's great that you are both on the same program. That has to make it a little easier to follow!

Hi to the newcomers. What's on your mind?

Here is some great medical information that I live by. Enjoy. :D

I LOVE THIS DOCTOR (Asian)

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food are fried these day in vegetable oil. In fact, they permeated by it. How could getting more vegetable be bad for you?!?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!
Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans..

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

LEATHERMAN
02-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Hi Gals. It is weigh in #2, I have a new scale, old scale read 258-259, and new scale read 262.2. I have lost 5-7lbs :carrot: in the last 2 weeks. I will go by my new scale from now on. I wish it was more but I don't want to lose it to fast and gain it all back. The diet is going good and I think I can stay on it, and I will be able to eat like this after the weight is lost. My new goal is to have a loss of 20lbs by april 1. This next week will be hard I will be out of town for 3 days, but I am planing to stay on it all but 1 day.

VermontMom
02-18-2011, 11:11 PM
congrats Aaron! finding a way to eat sensibly for life is great!!:carrot:

Colleen - :rofl: :rofl:

oh and hey, Wisconsin is rockin the news lately!

VermontMom
02-20-2011, 10:02 AM
hey everyone :) My eating has been stink-o but I keep up with the workouts.

LEATHERMAN
02-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi gals. Holly yes Wisconsin is on the news. I lost 3.8lbs from friday:carrot::carrot::carrot::D. I weighed in today and I was down to 257.6 WOW. I hope it stays off. I will weigh again tomarrow, and thursday after I get back in town. Talk later.

ChopperChick355
02-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Great Job Aaron - you are rocking the WL

Holly great job with the exercising - I to have had crappy eating but been exercising daily - tomorrow I will change that or have plans to change that and start watching my eating habits better

Colleen way to funny :rofl:

Well the race has started so spending the afternoon doing laundry adn watching the Daytona 500- whoo hooo

VermontMom
02-21-2011, 08:21 AM
congrats Aaron!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

2times2much
02-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Everything is covered in ICE here!
DH is taking a temporary leave from truck driving. The accident was really messing with him. He will work in the office and shop for the next 3 weeks. At least it will bring in a little $!
Tomorrow we both go to see the same surgeon about our right arms. His elbow, and my wrist. Hope there is at least relief in sight for DH. Mine isn't too bad.
Workday is slow. Nobody out sliding on ice I guess.
Yeah, Wisconsin makes the news...kind of stupid stuff going on in politics! I have an opinion, but will keep it off the public forum. :dizzy:
DS (my baby) turns 22 this week. Time sure goes fast! DD will be 25. Seems crazy!

VermontMom
02-22-2011, 10:00 AM
good morning bikers! So very cold here, but lots of sun.

OH!! very good news - DH has ordered a treadmill for his work office :carrot:and wants to set up his desk at it!!! I told him of Tammy's success :D and having it at work is just such a better solution. we have NO room for it here, and he has a big office. Let's hope it works!!

my eating has been stink-o. Truly yo-yo-ing (i'm with you, Colleen :devil:) Just hoping for the end of the winter job, that's when I buckle down.

Colleen, so sorry about DH's stress about the accident. Sure hope time heals that. And best wishes on your combined surgeon's appts tomorrow.

Hi Reda, Tammy, Dawn, Aaron! :wave:

its been super busy at work, President's Day weekend and week now. MA and CT and maybe NY kids have vacation this week, so the families come up to ski. It makes the day go by so quickly but I can not sit down at all, my knee has been hurting again, bleh. Boss will not give us time to eat, but gives me bottles of Mike's Hard Lemonade to help with 'attitude adjustment'. Its' a weird world, lol!

ChopperChick355
02-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Hello

Colleen hope all goes well with the DR today- let us know

Holly yes my exercising has been great but my eating habits are just crappy- I need to have a kick in the butt or something ....

Well hurt my back yesterday really didn't do much but something snapped and I couldn't stand straight up or stand/walk without lots of pain so went to the Chiro and he said to ice, do not sit for more than 20 and then do not stand or walk for much more than that- but dang it hurts to get up but if I sit longer than 20 it really hurts when I get up ....... no exercising for 3-4 days right now but I do go back to Dr. tomorrow so hopefully it will not be longer than that......

:wave: Tammy, Dawn and Aaron

tymaboy
02-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Just dropping in to say hi. Haven't been on the net much lately, after sitting in front of the computer all day it's not what I really feel like doing when I get home. I stop in to read the post then log off.

I am finding it to be very hard to stay on track. It is very easy to go out to lunch instead of packing a lunch. Same for dinner time.

VermontMom
02-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Oh Reda, I'm sorry about your back and the pain! :hug: I sure hope the chiro and ice or heat or whatever gives you some relief. Back pain is the worst, can't do anything can you :( best wishes!!

Hey Dawn, sorry to hear that you're off track a bit, I bet you;ll be able to get back on it. I am not a good one to give advice about that though :devil:

Well this morning I had to send an email to a girlfriend, who is going to be upset with me. I helped with that motorcycle ride against cancer last year, which was organized by my girlfriend? and then I was so let down by her, that she hardly gave me the time of day after Joe's crash.

Then when we finally did talk on the phone, and I told her two deep feelings of mine, she laughed. She obviously was not focused on what I was saying, she was driving home at the time, while fitting in the phone call to me.

But I was always 'there' for her; helping her pack and move; going to her jewelry and sex toy home sale parties and buying things I did not need (and the jewelry fell apart after 3 months) So I am not in the mood to devote dozens of hours of my time to help out a pet project of hers. I merely wrote, "I cannot participate this year; since Joe's crash I've had to focus on other things, I know you'll understand". I don't know if it will disintegrate our friendship, we will see.

Well another day of President's Day Week retail heck. The Rat ******* Boss left me alone after 3 pm yesterday afternoon; it was his usual day off and he was not happy that he had to be at his business from 9 to 3 on 'his day off'. He said, "oh, you won't be busy, everyone has gone home from the weekend".

I had to stay 20 minutes past closing, because I couldn't get any of the usual closing chores done, because the store was nonstop busy :rolleyes: I don't mind staying late but I do mind not being paid for it, which I don't. So I will come in to work 20 minutes later than my scheduled time today, it's the only thing I can do to rectify the situation. The boss doesn't like it, he thinks I'm being a prima donna or something but too bad.

OK I've been up since 4 ( I was dreading sending that email) and I've had almost 4 cups of coffee, I had better get ready for work or something :rofl:

2times2much
02-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi all!

We watched TV, and went to bed before DH fell asleep on the couch. (that is what usually happens) DH will no doubt be driving as soon as he feels ready! They are WORKING him at the shop, while he is off driving for a few weeks!

I made grilled hot ham and cheese for supper. Nothing fancy. Hot the spot though. And, it was easy! I have found a new love for Bugels--the corn chip snacks. They have them in FLAVORS! Like caramel and chocolate! Wait--this is a diet website. I shouldn't be writing this stuff. Well, I'm just letting you know to NOT try them, because they cause addictive behaviors! :devil:

I heard back from the sleep clinic lady. They said Dr. will be ordering a CPap machine. I’m really hoping that will solve help some issues for me! :D I should get it before too long.

Reda, sorry to hear about your back. :hug: Hope something starts working QUICK!

On March 3rd I have an MRI scheduled to see if Dr. can possibly give me a steroid shot in my upper back where we figure there is a pinched nerve. I’ve been going to the chiropractor but they just can’t seem to get it back to normal. Better, but not normal. My right wrist/hand is what bothers the most, from the pain traveling down my arm.

Holly, It seems that you have gone above and beyond the call of duty with your friend. You shouldn't be EXPECTED to help, you should be appreciated for when you DO help. I wouldn't feel too guilty. She may come to you for advice--that could be your contribution!

Tymaboy, I work on the computer all day too. Funny though...it's the first thing I want to do at home too! I can't get to much of anything good. No Facebook games or anything! I can amazingly get to 3FC site though!

Hope you all are hanging in there. Spring is just around the corner!

LEATHERMAN
02-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi Gals. I am back from my trip. I had fun and had to much to eat, we had lunch at Red lobster and I had 4-5 buns with my lunch:D:D. Supper was deep fried chicken:D. When I left I weighed 257.6 :carrot: now I weigh 260.6:(. I will let you gals know tomarrow what my weight is. My wife and I started taking alli, we went from sunday the 13th to sunday 20th. I think it helped out last week. We stoped on monday to go on our trip, I am back on it today. I wanted to take it for 1 month to get on track/or jump start our weight loss.

ChopperChick355
02-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Hello

Tymaboy how is your job going? Are you liking it? Sorry to hear that you don't want to geton the computer but I guess if I was on the computer all day maybe I wouldn't want to be when I get home either- you will find a balance and get back on track and probably sooner than later :)

Holly stand your ground girl because you are always there for them and it was so wrong for her not to give you the time of day when you needed her. And I sure wouldn't be working off the clock or would I expect my employees to work off the clock- I am always stressing to them to make sure they are clocked in if doing anything work related- Shoot I was working for Caseys when a huge lawsuit came about because employees were working off the clock and not paid so with that Caseys had to pay ALOT of money but that is corporate world and I am sure the Rat B****** that you work for is individually owned- but still I would do just as you are coming in alittle later the next day- Geez you were up way to early for me

Colleen I think the CPap machine will help you out - a friend of ours has one and says it helps tremendously but when we take vacations she carries it with her instead of checking it and gets grief over it at the airports???? Glad you still like to get on your computer and check in with all of us :)

Well my back is feeling better at least I can move but it is still store and can't sit to long otherwise when I get up I can stand up straight for a bit until I walk it out

Aaron for being gone a weekend and coming home and only seeing a 3 lb gain which is probably mostly water weight so tomorrows WI I bet will be just fine- So you are doing ALLI along with WW? Do you see any side affects with ALLI? I have never talked to anyone who has done that to know if it really helps or not.....

Well I suppose off to bed I go have a great TGIF

2times2much
02-25-2011, 06:35 PM
WEEKEND! It's almost here! WooooHooo! :carrot:
Have a good one everyone!

New travel trailer pick up is tomorrow morning, and surprise party for a friend's 50th in the afternoon! Not sure of the Sunday plans yet. Looking forward to a good time!

VermontMom
02-26-2011, 09:02 AM
good morning bikers :) Reda, I'm so glad at least your back is allowing you to move a bit...best wishes on it being pain free very very soon!

Aaron, i'd also be interested in hearing how the ALLI works for you and your wife.

Hi Colleen :) still bears repeating that anything you write is entertaining and upbeat :D

Hi Dawn and Tammy!

well I sent ANOTHER email to the insurance company. This time I cc'd the name of a Customer Specialist, that I got off the Sentry website. And lo and behold, got an response after only 2 days, compared to waiting since mid January, lol. But the response was, 'have to take your proposal to my manager' - my proposal of asking for $200 over their offer :rofl: Okay.

President's week is dragging ON and ON and the customers are getting worse, if that;s possible :rofl: or probably just because we're so tired of them. We are just not used to having this flood of business day after day, we don't have the staff because it's not usually this busy. It just wears on you. But its also because some of these people are so demanding, or helpless. That they don't even try to look for anything on their own, they just stand there and interrupt your transaction to ask where EVERYTHING on their list is. Okay, rant over :devil:

We got about 8" of snow yesterday. Driving was not too bad, I lost traction just a couple times coming home up the last long hill but still made it okay.

okay need to drink more coffee and get ready for work. Hope everyone has a good day :cool:

ChopperChick355
02-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Good Morning - up way to early for a Saturday but going to look at a Ford Excursion this morning need something that can haul more than 4 people comfortably ......... You know for our trips and all

Holly glad to hear that you finally got a response and "take it to the boss" for $200 I would have just said done deal sign the paperwork

The only thing about having busy days is it does help the day go by faster and probably keeps the cookies away :)

Well I suppose I will get off here

Hello All

LEATHERMAN
02-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi Gals. Well I took alli for 1 week before our trip and I did lose weight. I quit the alli the day we left for out trip, and started back up on the day after we got home. I am still working on getting back down to what I weighed when I left town, but I think buy next weeks w-i I will be down below what I was to start with. I was 257.6 this morning I was at 260.2. Alli will make you gassy, and you could have leakage. I have only had gas, and I did have gas before from all the fresh fruit and vegies. I will keep you gals posted on what I weigh.

ChopperChick355
02-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Good Sunday Morning

Great job Aaron - Sounds like it is working great for you

LEATHERMAN
02-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi Gals. Well today I was down to 257.8. The lowest I have seen in a year or 2 is last weeks wi # it was 257.6. I will let you know what tomarrow brings.

LEATHERMAN
02-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Hi Gals. Well today I am down to 256.8 :carrot::carrot::Dso I have lost all of my trip weight and 1 lb. I lost 1lb yesterday. It took 1 full week to get back on track. I will be back tomarrow, and will let you know how things are going.

VermontMom
03-01-2011, 09:22 AM
congrats Aaron!! :carrot: :carrot: that is so great. PLEASE send some of your determination and self control my way!!! I have been doing SO badly. No controls on what I eat!! terrible. About 4 weeks ago, I took a breath and stepped on the scales...saw it read 162. That scared me into eating clean for 2 days,. but only 2 days. Then we had our Ohio trip, I had the biker guys tell me I was gorgeous :rofl: and that messed with my eating!! like I gave myself permission because I got comps. Well they are good friends, they would have said that no matter what I looked like :devil:

so I weighed again just now, 160. That is 5 full pounds above where I was maintaining, but I want to be well below that .

my problem - I can't stand the feeling of hunger. there is something screwy in my thinking, that I'm gonna pass out ... or I just get this righteous, 'I deserve food!' feeling. I just have to beat this somehow. I know I always 'get it together' in late spring..but I want to start controlling it NOW instead of waiting 6 weeks when the winter job ends, then I have almost 3 weeks off; then the fun summer job (and tee shirts, and shorts...ugh)

okay I'm about to do a step aerobics tape. Sorry for the 'its all about me' rant .

VermontMom
03-01-2011, 10:14 AM
okay , to be accountable I just did 30 minutes of "Burn it Up" (standing cardio and a few toning moves) and then 10 minutes of Gilad's Abs.

now to follow sensible eating for a day!!! :p

2times2much
03-01-2011, 03:55 PM
CPAP fitting is today! After a good nights sleep, tomorrow I should be a whole new woman with tons of energy and enthusiasm, ready to rock! I'll let you know how that works out for me!

DH being home during the week is very different. I was pretty used to him being gone, all but the weekends. Cooking is the biggest hurdle. I don't know why DH doesn't see that a bowl of cereal (he hates cereal) is a perfectly acceptable dinner to me! He thinks that steak and taters cooked 7 different ways would be fine.

Holly, I know just what you are talkking about with the hunger issue! I "deserve" that good food for whatever reason that I dream up at the time!

Good news...the stock pile of Carmel Bugles are finally gone. I had to "get rid" of them. I was so busted last week! DH saw my stash in the trunk of the car. WHY do I do this stuff? Very self destructive! I know it--I just can't seem to help it! Dang they were good! But I feel miserable after chowing down a whole bag of yumminess in one sitting! I need to start a group...Secret snack eaters anonymous. "I belong to SSEA" Doesn't that sound official?! I could serve snacks and wine coolers at the meetings!

Sun is beautiful! Snow is melting!

LEATHERMAN
03-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi Gals, today I weigh 257.0, I will let you know how tomarrow goes.

ChopperChick355
03-01-2011, 07:59 PM
:carrot: Way to go Aaron :carrot:

Holly I am in the same boat - just can't get eating under control and then with my back have had to lay off the exercising...... and now this weekend we have Mardi Gras in Deadwood, lots of Cajun food and drinking
and yes when others say how good you look it does make you think oh I am looking good why watch :devil:

Colleen hope the CPAP is your fix- and secret stash well I had to give mine up a while ago but everyone else always bring junk into the house and then I am around it all day at work unless I am in the office for the day

Well I have bowling tonight so I better get off here and get supper figured out

VermontMom
03-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Colleen, oh I hope so much that the machine helps you! :) please let us know how great you feel after using it.

I was so busted last week! DH saw my stash in the trunk of the car. WHY do I do this stuff? Very self destructive! I know it--I just can't seem to help it! Dang they were good! But I feel miserable after chowing down a whole bag of yumminess in one sitting! I need to start a group...Secret snack eaters anonymous. "I belong to SSEA" Doesn't that sound official?! I could serve snacks and wine coolers at the meetings!

:rofl: I have to confess...last week, after each shift of the horrible President's Week terror, on the way home I would stop and buy a bag of something. A couple nights, it was a bag of Fritos (they are small-ish but are probably at least 2 servings, maybe more!!) and eat the whole thing before getting home. 3 other nights, it was a bag of chocolate covered pretzels...Oh my lord are they good. and those babies are supposed to be like 7 servings!!

today..I tried SO HARD to stay away from bad stuff, and to restrict calories. I was doing so well... until the afternoon, when the second person left, and I was swamped with customers..I know that is no good reason to cave and eat something bad, but when youre feeling empty and MAD and resentful, it's where I turn!! I almost cried on the way home, with frustration and anger at myself. I'm not going to give up...I've got to keep trying, every day.

Colleen - lol @ DH not thinking a bowl of cereal is acceptable as dinner!! mine is the same..however I'm "lucky" that he will cook a whole darn meal and have it ready when I come home..when all I should have is a bowl of cereal, but how can i resist. argh!

Hi to everyone else!

OH the insurance company accepted my counter offer of $200 over what they initially offered. A faint victory, but still one i guess. Do you know that I had to go to the Sentry website, and search someone who was a Customer Service Care rep, and I cc'd them on my email to the adjustor who was 'working' with me. And I got a response right away, what a surprise. Maybe not cool of me to do, but the adjustor hadn't responded to me in over a month. I play tough when i have to!

tymaboy
03-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Aaron- good job!

I too have not been doing very well. The last few times I weighed myself I have been holding at 137. I am trying to remember to take my lunch but do splurge once a week. This week maybe twice. I ate lunch out with my neighbors (girls lunch) it sounds like we may have a girls lunch once a month. I go out to lunch with my group at work once a week. Every time I go out I eat way too much.

Colleen- I sure do hope the machine helps you.

Work has it good days & bad days like any job. Some days I can sit till 11 before I get anything to do, then there are days like yesterday that I was busy all day. It was nice cuz the day flew by. Did you guys see Watson on jeopardy? I still think how cool it is that I work for the company that created him.

LEATHERMAN
03-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Hi Gals. I have had the same problem with the snacks, Christmas was real hard for me, my new diet still works for me, I eat lots of fruit and vegies, way more than I should but it is better than the crap I was eating. I weigh all of my meat and watch my points , last night my family of 4 had some small steaks and what I would have ate my self fed all of us.:D. My oldest son weighed him self last night and found out that he weighed 15 or 20 lbs more than he thought , and has asked to have salid with his supper like my wife and I are, the good eating is rubbing off on my kids now and that is so good. My wife has lost 8 lbs:carrot: in the last month, and is so happy about it. I wish I would have let her talk me in to doing WW sooner. My wife and I eat dark hershey chocolate kisses for junk food fixes.:D Colleen,I hope your machine works out for you, it will take about 1 week for you to notice that you feel better. Make sure that you are 100% happy with the face mask thing, they cost $100.00 or more and last for about 1 year. When I got mine I was told I had 1 month to find a mask that would work for me , the masks were free to me for the first month and after that I would have to pay full price,so try a few others out. The mask I use the most just goes over the nose, but I do have one that covers my mouth and nose all in one. The last mask I talked about was the mask I got after they raised my air pressure up to 16, my other mask was leaking, I ended up going back to the first one. I still have trouble with my mask sliding around my face, and my mouth opening up, and that makes noise. Well gals I will let you know how todays weigh in goes.

ChopperChick355
03-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Just wanted to stop by and say HI

Leaving for Deadwood tomorrow for a FUN weekend :) So then when I get back on Monday I will have to buckle down and hopefully get back on track with my eating and exercising..... Have a great weekend

LEATHERMAN
03-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi Gals. Today I am down to :carrot:255.6 :carrot::D, this is a new low for me. I have lost almost 15 lbs this winter.:carrot::carrot: I think I over did it on the carrots. :D

2times2much
03-03-2011, 01:11 PM
CPAP is wonderful! After 2 nights of sleep, I think it's amazing! The mask thing is still a work in progress. Thanks for all the good wishes.

This morning I had an MRI for my neck/back/arm deal. I felt like they stuck me in a toilet paper tube! I was pretty "stuck"! Not really a good feeling for a claustrophobic like me! I made it though. :D

Reda, have fun in Deadwood!

Good job on the weight loss Aaron!

Hope you all have a great day! I'll check back in again soon.

VermontMom
03-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Reda - Have a great time!!!

Aaron - you can never overdo on the carrots, brother! here's some more for your success :carrot::carrot: and some more congratulatory ones - :cb: :bravo: :dancer:

Colleen, that is wonderful that you can immediately have gotten some relief!

Dawn, you're still a little thing :D I'm sure the off plan lunches will not hurt your plan much.

today I have my first two days off in a row since going to Ohio, back around Feb. 12th. woohoo! it was great 8) Yesterday was some housework, laundry, and preparing to lead our monthly motorcyclist's meeting (our lucky Prez is in Florida) . Today was some laziness, some hard shoveling outside, did do a step aerobics tape, and did some difficult desk and shelf cleaning. I had papers from all the horrible time that I had to take care of my dad's estate; that was in 2000 and I feel that I could get rid of some of the stuff by now.

No knee pain or sciatica pain today!! :carrot: alot of hunger pain though :devil: because FOR A CHANGE I'm not indulging in anything i want.

LEATHERMAN
03-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi Gals. Holly I am glad to here that your knee pain is gone and that you can start working out again, it will make you feel better. Reda have fun in Deadwood, and is there snow there yet. Colleen I am glad your cpap is working,sleep is so good for you. Well today I weigh 255.8. so no weight loss today, I will let you know what I weigh tomarrow.

LEATHERMAN
03-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Well I am down to 255.4 today.

LEATHERMAN
03-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi Gals. Colleen are you still sleeping good, and do you still sleep for the same amount of time per night or are you sleeping less hours. I found out that I have a hard time sleeping in:D:D my wife just loves that:D:D:devil:. Holly did you get your check for your bike yet and have you found one that you like. Well today I am down to 254.8 lbs. I am down below 255lbs :D:D woo hoo :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:. I would love to be down to 245 by the end of the month. I am going to change my goal weight to 205, after I get to 220. When I was 210 and just out of school and I could have lost 20 lbs , so I think that the 220 goal is still to heavy for me but I would still be happy. The alli has been ok for me, my wife has had to go to the bathroom a little more then she did before, so I would recommend it to any body who needs a little help making the scale move. I have spring fever so bad, I want to go riding,and with the weight loss this winter my leather pants should fit better. I did buy some new saddle bags for the bike a few weeks ago, and as soon as it warms up I can put them on. I will be back tomarrow to post my weight.

ChopperChick355
03-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Hello well we made it home - wow what a weekend it was great :devil:

Aaron here are some more :carrot::carrot::carrot: Way to go on the loss you are rocking it

Colleen glad to hear that you cpap is working out for you and make sure to let us know how the MRI turns out

Holly glad to hear that you got some cleaning and exercising in today and without the knee giving you any problems - wasn't so much on track today for food but had a meeting then out for lunch - though I did have a sub but also had some chips :(

Ok well need to get some stuff done of my own so I will check back in tomorrow have a great night

VermontMom
03-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Welcome back Reda!! and continued dancing congratulations carrots to Aaron :carrot::carrot::carrot: My self control just seems gone, for so long. Not only for wanting bad foods, but even for controlled portions of boring, good food :devil: I'm kinda disgusted at feeling the extra weight on me and it is a hard thing to find something to wear each day. OK enough whining from me, I only can help myself.

Aaron I am pretty close to getting a check from the insurance co; I had asked for $200 over what they were offering and they graciously approved :rofl: Last week I emailed to confirm what address I should send the title to; they haven't gotten back to me yet. Ya know what would shake things up, if I reported the bike as stolen and in their possession :devil: :devil: :devil:

here are some pics from a record-breaking snowstorm we just had. in the first pic, there is a Toyota Camry attached to that mirror, LOL. In the second pic, that is (was) our driveway. I had to climb those snowbanks at the top left, and knock them back, so that we had a place to throw the snow! can't throw it to the right, that is the state highway. I should take pics now, the snowbanks are SO high. Eddie the dog is in the last pic, he loves to frolic in the deep snow.

VermontMom
03-08-2011, 09:37 AM
oh and to answer Aaron about bike..ya know, I loved my VTX so much..I think I want another one. I can get a 'new' 09 for about $6000 from many dealers in many states..and would have to have it shipped (another $500 to $600). Or I can pick up a used one locally...there seem to be a couple of Craig's List all the time. The better thing about the second option, is that they've already been customized, with pipes, grips, etc. The not-so-good thing of course is that they're used, but the mileage is minimal (no one around here rides as much as I do :devil: )

but I'm not going to actively shop until I get the money in the bank. Its' too frustrating to get interested in something, then it gets sold to someone who has money in hand.

LEATHERMAN
03-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi Gals. Holly I am glad you guys got the snow and not us I want spring, do you have a snow blower or do you shovel your snow. Well today I am down to 254.4 from 254.8 . I am happy ,I cant wait to see what tomarrow brings.

LEATHERMAN
03-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Woo Hoo My ticker is back.

VermontMom
03-09-2011, 01:03 PM
woo hoo for your ticker, Aaron! :) Yes we have a snowthrower, but have only had it for 4 years, while living here for 25. We shoveled by hand those other 21 years, what were we thinking!? Oh yeah, we were 25 years younger :devil:

More snow coming tonight, 6". I just don't know where we will put it. I'd say out on the state road but then they'll throw it right back at us :devil::devil:

I am a little :tantrum: because I usually have off Wednesdays and Thursdays..and we all know how great having your days off in a row are...well because we couldn't get to work on Monday because of the epic snow, my Rat B@st@rd Boss says that Monday counted as a day off, and I have to work tomorrow :mad: I just will be SO VERY HAPPY in a month when I am done there!!

My knee was hurting alot yesteday; but I was able to just now do a modified step workout.

Hey to everyone..oh and we give our sympathy to Colleen; I read on FB that her grandma passed. Colleen, I'm so sorry...you were so good to her; and grandma's are so special aren't they!

LEATHERMAN
03-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi Gals. Colleen sorry for your loss. Holly spring is on its way. Well today I am down to 254.0 lbs. I have to partys (40th birthday) this weekend for my sister so it will be hard to stay on my diet.

2times2much
03-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks Holly.

My grandma died this week at 93 years old! She was a wonderful person with a great sense of humor! I could always get her laughing! The same night, 2 hours later, my ex MIL died at 79. Another wonderful lady! My kids are really struggling with losing 2 grandmas at once! Yesterday was a full day of funeral planning.

Monday I slipped and fell in our garage. OUCH! I did the splits, hurt my butt, arm and hit my head on the front bumper of the car! Good news! I didn't break the bumper! Thank goodness for fiberglass bumpers vs. heavy ol' steel ones! Still sore!

My weight has never reached the horrible level it has. I feel terrible and know I need to get a grip, to get things under control. Just how? Where is the "easy button" when I need it?! Aaron, sounds like you have the bull by the horns and are really making some progress! Good job!

Beautiful snow today! Hope it goes away as qick as it came. It was a slippery ride to work!

VermontMom
03-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Oh Colleen, I'm so sorry that your kids have to deal with the loss of TWO grandmas!! :( very, very sad. Hugs to them, and you! :hug:

You then made me shake my head at your upbeat and funny way of telling us about your fall!! thank GOODNESS it was a plastic bumper and not heavy steel!

More snow here today. And I have to go to work on my regular day off, thanks to the Rat B@st@rd. I'm starting to write a book..for real. And I will have all his awfulness in it. And I won't do any disclaimers about it not being nonfiction. So when everyone in the world reads it :devil: and he's upset that it shows how awful he is, he will have to try to PROVE that yes indeed it IS him, that he IS that awful :rofl: My little revenge.

I mailed the title to my bike, via Cerfified Mail to the insurance company yesterday. Almost started bawling again. Someday I won't cry about it.

Knee is hurting again..blah. Makes me appreciate that nothing else hurts in my body. There, Colleen, I'm trying to be upbeat and funny like you :D You are a good influence!!

Hey...have you noticed, that in the ads to the right ----> sometimes the "Before" pics of the ladies in the swimsuits look pretty darn good??? What's wrong with them :devil:

okay, I have to get moving to get ready for work, and decide what level of surliness I will reach today :devil::devil:

LEATHERMAN
03-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Hi Gals. Well today I am down to :carrot::carrot::carrot: 252.8 WOO HOO :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:, this is my new low. I hope I can hold on to it for a few days, with the 2 birthday partys coming up this weekend. Holly you will find a bike that is better than the last one, or just as nice as your last one, and it won't be all smashed up:D. We can't wait to see pictures of the bike you find, and we hope to see you smiling in your pictures.

LEATHERMAN
03-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Hi Gals. :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:Well today I am down to 251.4 and this is a new low for me. I was 252.8 yesterday. My wife lost about a pound in the last few days also :carrot::carrot::carrot:.

VermontMom
03-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Holly you will find a bike that is better than the last one, or just as nice as your last one, and it won't be all smashed up:D. We can't wait to see pictures of the bike you find, and we hope to see you smiling in your pictures.

aw, thanks Aaron :) and big continued congrats to you! I bet you'll do fine iwth the two birthday parties this weekend, because you'll be thinking of your success.

ChopperChick355
03-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Hello ALl

So sorry for your losses Colleen - sending condolsences your way

CONGRATS AARON to you and your wife that is awesome you guys are rocking it:carrot:

Wow Holly only a month left of this job I am sure that is what is getting you through- do you have a countdown calendar at work so your ratba****d boss can see it?????? :) if not I think you should start one :devil:

Well my sister called and wants to go play bingo tonight so off I go - hopefully I will win :)
Have a Great Weekend

ladyrider72472
03-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Hey..... allow me to reintroduce myself... my name is Tammy aka ladyrider. Lol. Sorry I have been MIA. We lost a 3rd shift dispatcher and the girl at the office got fired...... so both jobs added extra hours. I have been working around 88 hours a week for the past few. Knock on wood..... tomorrow I maybe off!! I sure need it.... and tonight is spring forward so I really only have to work 7 hours.... lol.

I have read the posts but don't have time to address each one...... Aaron, looks like you are holding down the WL fort really well..... good job.

Holly, I am soooo glad you are able to look for a new bike AND you will be starting your summer job soon! Thank goodness.

Colleen, I am so sorry for your loss of your grandma. I bet you get a lot of your humor from her.

CC and Tymaboy, How are you?

Well, time is limited..... I hate that I don't get to post more. Y'all are truly some of the best friends I have...... and I do miss hearing about your day to day life like we used to. But, I remind myself on Tues, Wed. that this is only temporary...... so I will be back before too long.

I really think I am going to take the law enforcement physical in April. I am trying to work on that as well as getting my weight back where it was.

Oh, Btw, today was beautiful so I took Ms. Dyna out! It was great.... and now that it is 2pm (which is my bedtime), DH is in the shed putting lights on my forks in preparation of me riding to work at night on it...... gas is.... well, I am sure I dont have to tell you all.

I will try to post again soon.... maybe even tomorrow. I miss you all and I hope life is good to you.

VermontMom
03-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Hi Tammy!!! :wave: we knew you were working nonstop, but so glad to see you here :cool: and WOOHOO that you got Ms. Dyna out!! :carrot:

Yes only one month until the awful job is done for now. I slipped and fell on a piece of meat fat at work, fell on my bad knee, it hurt SO much...and the RB boss did ask, 'are you okay' and I said NO and he didn't say anything else. At all. Not then, not later...jerk!! Reda, yes a mark-down calendar would be SWEET :devil:

My insurance check should come sometime next week, yay. Now I've been checking out ebay. There's a place relatively near here (Pembroke, NH - well it would be a couple hours drive) that has a ton of used bikes. I'm not going to get involved with getting interested until its closer to a time when we could ride a purchase back though (so that means late April probably)

hope everyone has a good day.

ChopperChick355
03-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Hello

Well glad to hear from you Tammy - yes just keep thinking it is temp but man you are working alot of hours but April is just around the corner :) glad to hear that you got Ms Dyna out and about - next week it is suppose to reach 50-60 out here so I am guessing ours will be out to however I will be away next week for work ......

Holly- you fell and he didn't want to send you to Dr? Hope it is feeling better

Well yesterday I went to LAWL because I got a postcard in the mail for a 12 week WL period for $49 so thought I would check it out- they weigh and measure and have you come in weekly - they do give you a weightloss plan depending on your lifestyle and all- they do offer lots of other stuff to but I just told her I just want to see how the basic plan works - So for 12 weeks they say I should lose 24LBS so I am going to start with that- If I have to weigh in front of someone it usually make me accountable so I figured what the heck $49 - not starting until the 20th because I will be out of town next week living out of a motel so didn't really want to start then......

Ok enough about that - I should get off here and get some cleaning done- have a great sunday

LEATHERMAN
03-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Hi Gals. Yesterday I was able to maintain my weight, last night I blew it big time, with deep fried chicken and lots to drink. Today I am up to 252.8 so I hope tomarrow brings me back down to 251.4.

tymaboy
03-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Tammy welcom back!

Holly hope your knee is ok & that its feeling better.

I am a happy camper today. I got the bike started for the 1st time in months. It started ruff but it was so nice to hear it running again. I had to special order the plugs for it cuz no one in town carries them. I stopped in at the Harley store to look at some ponytail hair wraps that I have seen people with long hair wear. They had them on clearance so I picked 1 up to see how I like it. If I like it then I might buy more online. While we were there they also had some nice brown boots on clearance & they had 1 left in my size! I took it as a sign that I was meant to have them. They are nice boots that I can wear to work too. Sometime this week my new helmet will arrive. I also ordered a pair of transitional riding glasses. As soon as the nice weather hits I am going for a ride! I have the itch to take it out something awful.

I am hoping I can get back on track this week. Last week I ate lunch out 4 days. There is no way I will loose anymore by doing that. Eating out so much will garrentee a gain for me & I don't want that!

VermontMom
03-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Hey Dawn, congrats on your new gear! glad your bike started up, that is a wonderful sound.

Reda, congrats on joining LAWL, I would agree that being weighed by someone else sure makes you want to do good! Good price, too.

No, boss absolutely ignored my slip/fall. My knee is fine now, just the normal hurting, lol, but OH MY GOSH I have ONE MONTH - 30 DAYS - left there.

Aaron, I bet your weight will level back to where you want it too!

Are you all adjusted to Daylight Savings Time yet :D it was so nice to drive home (6:10 pm) in daylight!! Sure wish it lasted all year.

TTYtomorrow

2times2much
03-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Embarassment kept me from changing the ticker. Found a better solution: GET RID OF THE TICKER!! Ha! Way easier than getting rid of the food! As my normal self in the past, I have reached a weight higher than my start weight. It makes me cringe! I can make up all sorts of reasons as to WHY that happens. It doesn't matter though. It's that I can't seem to KEEP it under control. I can work hard, lose than give up and gain it all and then some more. Thus my alias--Yo-yo.

Spring must be treating the rest of you pretty good. I like the countdown for Holly, the bike riding, cycle shopping, accessory shopping, the weight losses...Fantastic! You are all doing well working for your dreams! Maybe working some crazy hours too! Boss is away here. Been busy.

This weekend when my brother and family was over we played a game I had gotten called. "What's Your's Like?" We had a great time! Laughed ourselves silly! I reccomend it for pretty good sized groups. By the end of the night EVERYTHING seemed perverted!

Hope you all have a great week!

LEATHERMAN
03-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi Gals. Today I weigh 254.4 ouch.

ChopperChick355
03-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Hello

Aaron consider this a kick in the butt to get back on track- you are doing an awesome job though :)

Colleen you are to funny - it is great hearing from you

Holly glad to see the countdown has started - and yes it is nice driving home in daylight instead of darkness

Well off to store then home to pack -

2times2much
03-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Last night and this morning it seems that everything I have touched has gone bad, broken, or just plain won't work right!

I can't get the computer at home to do what I want. My printer doesn't recognize the computer or vice-versa. My email at work got over-loaded, the 1 year old ($500) microwave took a dump. It has a 1 year guarantee--we bought last year on 3/9 and it dumped on 3/15--just over 1 year!! Pictures won't print the right size, my pants don't fit, my CPAP mask is making my face break out, my back hurts yet from the fall last week, the laptop just shut down on me...would anyone like me to work on their car for them?! It's just a day that I should crawl back into bed and start over later! If I tried that, for sure the house would burn down around me!

I'm going to go crawl in a hole! Hope it doesn't flood~! :D

LEATHERMAN
03-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Hi Gals. Well today I weigh 252.8 still not down to my lowest. I weighed in at 251.4 last friday. My wife had me try on our sons pants:D,I wear a 38,and his are size 36 and they fit me real good:carrot::carrot:. Colleen It will take some time for your face to get use to the mask. :carrot::carrot::carrot:I should be able to take my bike out today and go for a ride:carrot::carrot::carrot:.

willow650
03-16-2011, 03:00 PM
psst, hey, anyone remember me?? Tammy, Holly, so good to see you girls here. I know I have been gone along time and not sure I am back, but starting to read the forums a bit, walking, and trying to watch my eating. Oddly enough, I am only .3 below what my ticker says I am..LOL but due to sitting on my butt, and only eating about once a day for, I won't say how long, There has been a huge shift in my muscle/fat ratio and I look bigger at 180 than I did at 200. But I am slowly trying to get back on track and just taking care of myself again

LEATHERMAN
03-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi gals and Willow. Well I took a ride today and froze, it is only 41 out. It felt great to get the bike out and go for a ride, it has been a long winter up here in Northern Wisconsin. PS It was worth the cold ride.:D We need a blue smiley face that would be closer to the color my face is right now.

tymaboy
03-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi gals and Willow. Well I took a ride today and froze, it is only 41 out. It felt great to get the bike out and go for a ride, it has been a long winter up here in Northern Wisconsin. PS It was worth the cold ride.:D We need a blue smiley face that would be closer to the color my face is right now.

:carrot::carrot:I went for a ride too! We were out for about 2 hours. I didn't take note to how many miles we road. I wasn't too cold until we took a couple back roads. I have the fingerless gloves so my fingers were frozen by the end. I have been sitting at work staring out the window day dreaming of being outside. This summer is going to be so hard not being able to go out when I want. My motorcycle pants still fit good! There not tight at all!

VermontMom
03-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Mandy - OF COURSE we remember you!!! :hug: welcome back!!! I was afraid maybe something personal had happened, or maybe we turned you off :D I even tried to look you up via Facebook but didn't want to intrude on your privacy.

Recap for Willow; the new stuff with me, is that my husband wrecked and totaled my beloved bike on Oct. 6; he got a fractured skull with brain bleed but was only in hosp. for one day 'cause we don't have health insurance. Head seems okay now but his shoulder is messed up and thumb/hand. We don't know how it will affect his riding. My insurance check should come this week. I will most probably get another VTX1300C.

glad to see you here, if even briefly!! :) :hug:

Aaron, and Dawn, congrats on you guys getting to ride!! LOL @ Aaron's blue face - we have the blue sad face but you need a blue smiley face! Dawn, I can't imagine riding with fingerless gloves on a day under 65 degrees, lol. You are a tough chick.

I'm pretty sure Reda is on the road this week due to business, hope she gets internet so she can check in :)

Willow, Tammy is working 2 jobs!! and like 80+ hours a week. She took training and is an Emergency Dispatcher now, she is an incredible woman isn't she! and I know she got a ride on her Ms. Dyna last week.

Willow, I've turned 50 since you last 'saw' me! ugh! but I'm fighting it tooth and nail.

LEATHERMAN
03-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi Gals. :carrot::carrot:Well today I weigh 250.4 Woo Hoo:carrot::carrot::carrot:yesterday I weighed 252.8 and the lowest I have been in the last 6 years was 251.4. This is my new low. Tymaboy I am glad your motorcycle pants still fit, how warm out was it. Talking about mototcycle pants I wish I would have had mine on yesterday ,I wore my chaps and my woo hoo got cold:D, the pants would have kept out some of the cold. Well I hope all of you have a chance to get your bikes out and go for a ride soon.

VermontMom
03-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Aaron, CONGRATS!! and sorry about your woohoo getting cold :rofl:

My insurance check hasn't arrived yet. The guy told me last Saturday, that it would be mailed out on Monday. And this is Thursday. Did he forget the stamp maybe? Did he mail it from some other country, maybe? :devil:

tymaboy
03-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Aaron, I'm not sure what the temp was, probably not to far off from your area. I rode the bike to work today. Parked in the ramp & some guy had to talk to me all the way into the building. The group I work with all had to ask you ride? You rode your bike today? No I like carrying my helmet around with me. Found out the 1 has a bike too. I might go riding with him on Saturday my neighbor who I ride with will be out of town. Looks Saturday is the only dry day to ride for a few days. I'm deciding if I'm going to ride to work tomorrow- high of 51. I am in such a better mood now that I have been on my bike.

ChopperChick355
03-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Hello All and welcome back Willow :)

lots of changes for everyone as for me well I changed jobs last summer which yes had me away since Wednesday and with the long hours by time I got back to motel I didn't want to get on the computer but got home and thought I better check in- I am also selliny my chopper and once it sells I will be getting something new was leaning towards a Street Glide but not real sure again so who knows

well being gone a few days has left the house a mess so now today I get to get all the cleaning done of which I better get off here and get it done

:carrot: Way to go Aaron that is great :carrot:

tymaboy
03-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Good afternoon all.

Went for a ride yesterday with a friend from work. He is having knee surgery so will not be able to ride for a while so he wanted to get a ride in before that. We left around 9 in the morning. I don't know what the temp was but it was cold. There was frost on the cars & we could see peoples breath as we drove by them. We stopped for breakfast & sat a while to warm up before heading to Pikes Peak park. It was different seeing snow along the road side as we rode up there. Our ride back was much warmer. We put on over a 100 miles. My bike is getting more then 60 a gallon. I had put new plugs in on Friday & wow I didn't think I would notice that much of a difference with new plugs.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk56/tymaboy/0e594d8f.jpg

VermontMom
03-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Wow Dawn you are hardcore!! Glad you got a nice ride. We are getting more snow today :( I know its only March and we even get snow in April but I am so tired of it.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Well another morning where I am not motivated to exercise because of my knee...this is not good. Maybe when I have the 2 1/2 weeks off in April, it will get a rest and be all better.

Hope everyone has a good day :cool:

LEATHERMAN
03-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi Gals. Well I am still at 250 +or- 1 lb I hope to lose 5 lbs by the end of the month. I hope that the scale moves faster in the next 2 weeks. My ww points were set at 53 per day and I am going to drop down to 45 to get the scale to move. Our winter is back for the week and it is colder than the last few weeks so no riding for me:(.

ChopperChick355
03-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Yep same here our winter is back :(

Well for the sad news a good neighbor friends son who hangs out at our house because he helps with race car and all was in a car wreck yesterday and died, he was 30 years old- excessive speeds were involved he was the driver but the passenger came out with minor cuts and bruises.

Glad to hear Aaron that you are still rocking the weight loss

Dawn glad that you got to get out and ride, sure won't be doing that around here anytime soon.......

Have a great day

VermontMom
03-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Reda, my thoughts and prayers to the parents and family of that young man...so sad. :(

VermontMom
03-22-2011, 09:05 AM
good morning chicks and Aaron :) We did not get as much snow as we feared yesterday, maybe 3 or 4" but bleh just the same. It was super slippery when it first started, and a car went out of control, hit a tree and ended upside down right outside our work! the young people inside were OK but understandably very shaken up.

I .... am ... so ... tired ... of idiot customers. I was in the middle of a transaction with a local lady, with a large sale (over $100, that's alot for an an average approx $11 transaction) and a jerky guy walks over to the deli (which the boss has just put the CLOSED sign up and he left for the day) So the guy stops abruptly, and announces to no one "Deli closed? What? Why? Why is it closed?!" I just continued with my transaction with the lady. He comes over and just interrupts, "Why is the deli closed?"

I looked up, and gave him a nice cold stare :devil: and he says, "oh, go on with what you're doing, finish with her". Oh, thank you very much, I will :rolleyes:

So I finish with the lady, and he just goes on , "why is it closed? it's never closed at this time of day! It's open til 6!" and the lady bless her heart says, "No, the STORE is open til 6, the deli closes alot sooner" :D

and I calmly say, 'the boss decides when to close it, when he leaves for the day" AND I was going to offer to make him something? because there wasn't anyone else around...BUT he starts to walk out...and says in this idiotic, overly dramatic way - "I shall STARVE tonight because of this. I shall STARVE! and it will poorly affect my skiing tomorrow!"

:rofl:

I looked right at him, and said, 'Ah, don't put that on me, that's your deal" :rofl: I've never spoken so to a customer, but couldn't resist.

Okay rant over :devil:

LEATHERMAN
03-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi Gals. Reda it must be hard to lose someone so young and close to your family, I hope you and your family are ok. My boys have a few friends that are real close to us and one of the guys just walks in to our house and never knocks, even when my boys are gone:D just like home. Holly don't beat your self up over one a$$ ho1@. Soon you will find a new bike and be able to go for a long ride and relax. Well today I am down to 449.6:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:: Yep this is a new low:carrot::carrot:. I get to change my ticker. I hope the scale keeps moving. I still think I need to go lots lower than I planed at the start, I am thinking about 200 lbs. Five more pounds before I reach my mini goal of 245 by april 1.

VermontMom
03-22-2011, 10:18 PM
YAY Aaron!!!!! but please change your weight numbers, you were so happy your fingers mis-typed and put a 4 instead of a 2 :p and thank you, I know I'll feel so very much better when I am a bike owner again!!!!

I just looked at my journal from last year. On March 10th and 11th I had my bike out and rode!! a few weeks later, April 2 and 3rd, it was 80 degrees! then a few weeks later, on April 27th and 28th, we got a foot of snow! :devil:

LEATHERMAN
03-23-2011, 07:49 AM
Hi Gals. Well today I am down 200 pounds:D. Well the school called early in the morning at 5:08 and told us school is closed for the day. So much for getting to speep in. My boys will be happy.

LEATHERMAN
03-23-2011, 08:00 AM
I got my ticker tracker to move.

VermontMom
03-23-2011, 09:23 PM
yeah to getting your tracker to move, Aaron :)

I'm feeling kind of low, it just is NOT fun bike shopping with a stinky little budget of $6000.

LEATHERMAN
03-23-2011, 10:11 PM
I only had $4000.00 to spend on my bike. I found my bike on craigs list. My bike is a 2001 with only 9000 miles on it, and it was set up nice with pipes and a few other things that saved me lots of money.

VermontMom
03-24-2011, 01:34 PM
I only had $4000.00 to spend on my bike. I found my bike on craigs list. My bike is a 2001 with only 9000 miles on it, and it was set up nice with pipes and a few other things that saved me lots of money.

thanks Aaron, I admit i was throwing a little pity party for myself. I should be able to get a lightly used VTX with pipes and some other extras for around 4 to 5000 I hope. Just feeling frustrated with the weather I guess, cause I can't start to get a bike til I can get it in the driveway and into garage. I should be thankful for every cent I have for a bike.

LEATHERMAN
03-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi Gals. Well today I still weigh the same as the last few days. We just got over 1 foot of fresh snow:( , boy do I ever want spring.

VermontMom
03-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi Gals. Well today I still weigh the same as the last few days. We just got over 1 foot of fresh snow:( , boy do I ever want spring.

ugh!!! how depressing!!

tymaboy
03-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry I was not on at all yesterday or I would have commented on Hollys post too. I got my bike on craigslist too. I paid $1400 for it & it booked around $2500. 2001, with 3000 miles on it. You can find a nice bike for $6000 granted it might take awhile to find just the right one but you'll be happy when you find it.

ChopperChick355
03-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Hello

Sorry been super busy with funeral and then of course work but got the last new register in the last store today - whooo hooo maybe I can get some of my life back now :)

Well I started LA Weightloss on Monday and went and weighed in today and lost 8.4 LBS so most of it is water weight I am sure but at this point even if I only lose 2 pounds a week I will take it

Holly I know your countdown is so close to being done with the store and maybe that is when you will be able to really shop for a new bike and find the one tht is just right for you :)

Way to go Aaron- keep on rocking it :carrot:
Ok long day today so I am off to bed even though it is only 9-pm

VermontMom
03-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Hey Reda :) congrats on getting the last store ready..and BIG CONGRATS on being down over 8 pounds!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: What is LA WL like?

yesterdays exercise was 30 DS level 3 and then a hour of Kathy Smith's New Yoga (it's from 1994 so it isn't so new anymore, LOL) it is very confusing because I don't know any yoga terms but I did the whole thing. It was pretty relaxing afterward I guess with all the stretching. Just what an ol' 50 yr old body needs :devil: today I just finished doing 40 minutes of lightly weighted step cardio; then 15 minutes of Gilad abs.

thanks again for the encouragement on finding a bike. I just feel that a big part of me is gone, that I'm not myself without a bike. Which is stupid, I know. Yes let's hope when I'm out of the winter job I will have a big attitude adjustment!!

I do have a dreaded phone call to make to the local hospital (the one that was so hard nosed) the one that coerced me into agreeing to a high payment...well we were late 2 days on our property taxes this month and got a $67 penalty right away. So I have to tell them that we have to do a lower payment. They will say no and do the Collections threat. Whatever.

LEATHERMAN
03-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Hi Gals. Holly I hope your hospital works with you, in our state I think as long as you make a payment of some kind and don't miss it or send it in late they can't do anything to you. Reda 8.4 lbs wow I hope you keep losing weight, maybe not 8 lbs a week , but 2 or 3 would be great. Well today I weighed 247.6 :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:. All last week I had a hard time getting back down to the one low weigh in I had, but I went past it by 2 lbs today. I am down 22 lbs this winter:carrot::carrot:. I hope you gals have a great weekend.

VermontMom
03-26-2011, 10:19 AM
I am down 22 lbs this winter:carrot::carrot:. .

that is so great! :):):)

oh and I had thought the same about making a dedicated payment...they said what I was offering was too low and they couldn't accept it...however they did accept the checks I mailed...hmmm? It was only when they threatened Collections ("and nobody wants that, do they" the lady said) that I caved in and agreed to over twice the amount.
things are just discouraging-feeling now, winter on and on; husband posts things on FB but doesn't tell me, about ordering stuff for his bike but doesn't let me in on that...WTF is that.

tymaboy
03-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Holly sounds like your getting a raw deal from the hospital. I know here they will work with you more then that. They will accept $20 a month if that's all you can afford. They figure anything is better then nothing. Dh used to work with a guy who retired & opted out of the insurance that was offered to him. He ended up having a heart attack. He had money saved up but didn't have it in the bank so he took half his savings & offered the hospital that & told them that's all he could afford. They took it & as full payment even thow it was no where close to what was owed.

I hopped on the scale this morning & it read 133!! I am doing better then I expected. I thought I would be closer to 138.

LEATHERMAN
03-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Way to go tymaboy. Holly just send them $25.00 a month and see what happens, I think most collection calls are illegal. Holly could your husband be buying things to help him cope or deal with his problems form his accident. My sisters BF drives a dump truck and he hit and killed a young guy last year, and he is really depressed and is spending lots of money to cover up his problems. I don't buy anything without talking to my wife about it.

ChopperChick355
03-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Well made it home- I bowled great this weekend right now in 2nd for singles and 2nd for doubles whooo hooo

Great Job to everyone for all the weight loss we are rocking it :)

Holly hope all goes ok with hospital- and hopefully DH buying parts will get him back on the bike but ya he should be talking to you about it especially since you are trying to get the bills paid and extras came up- you will work through this because you are a go-getter

Ok got to get some stuff done around here before thinking about bed - have a great week

VermontMom
03-28-2011, 10:37 PM
first - tymaboy - WOW you are a lightweight!! :carrot: You are doing so great. Isn't that wonderful when you think you aren't doing that well and then the scale is your friend :D

I didn't mean to imply that DH was spending alot without telling me...I was glad to find out he was getting basic stuff for his bike - battery, filters. I was just like 'huh' because i read of it on FB instead of him telling me in person, when you guys know I've been worried about his feelings on riding. But I guess we just have to wait for warmer weather to find out how it goes.

NOW my focus is on my poor mom - she's in the hospital. She has lost almost 60 pounds in 6 months..i saw her today, and Im not exaggerating she looks like those WWII concentration camp victims :( CAT scan shows 3 masses. She had fluid withdrawn today for testing. I will let you know what is found, when I find out. She admits she didn't want to go to a doctor because she didnt want to find out anything bad :(

well thank you AS ALWAYS for your support guys :) I swear I will be the 'old Holly' someday :devil:

LEATHERMAN
03-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi Gals. Holly I hope your mom is ok. I guess it is good that your husband is buying stuff to get his bike ready to ride, looks like you will have someone to ride with. Well today I am at 248lbs, not bad but I wish it would go down a few more pounds by the end of the week. My mini goal is 245 by the end of the month, I don't know if I will make it or not but I am getting there.

2times2much
03-30-2011, 12:27 PM
You guys are all doing great with the weightloss! Too bad I'm taking it all in and adding it right to my butt! :sumo: I've been kind of feeling sorry for myself I guess. I'm so dissapointed that I don't have the tons of energy that I was expecting after getting the CPAP machine. I am sure I'm sleeping better, but still have no energy or motivation during the day. I made myself a Dr. appt to review my medications. I have an idea! :idea: The doctor is so wishy-washy I'll do what I can to see about a change to something offering some energy factor to my day!

I have another appointment tomorrow afternoon for an EMG on my right wrist. Still very painful. The MRI wasn't showing anything that could be helped. There has to be some relief somewhere!

You guys are all wonderful supporters. I'm not really feeling part of the team effort here though. I have read and kept up, just haven't gotten the gumption to share. No good news to share I guess.

Holly, I do hope your Mom is okay. Sounds like that was a lot of weight for her to lose when she maybe didn't need to! Glad that DH is in the cycle riding spirit too!

Arron, you have a couple more days to reach your goal! Maybe you can count St. Patricks Day as a holiday, and give yourself 1 extra day leway. :D

Dawn, you sound like you are doing absolutely great! Keep up the good work! By the way, how is work going for you? Missing the kids yet?

Reda, LAWL must be helpful for you! Huge drop! Way to go! Sorry to hear about the loss of the young friend. Tough times. Glad you are bowling good!

Tammy, You've been missing in action too! How are things?

Last time I posted everything was breaking! Things are getting better. I have a microwave again, got the printer working with the computer (though MY efforts were a complete failure), got some stuff put into the camper, although there is a lot that will NOT FIT! Story of my life. Always trying to cram stuff--like my butt into jeans that don't fit!

I'm really hoping that the string of bad news around my family will come to an end soon. Too many deaths! Dad, Grandma, kid's grandma. DH accident after Christmas. Too many issues. Too much stress. I'm ready to kick back for summer and relax! Any other takers?

Friends are wanting to go to Glacier Nat'l Park in the end of May, and beginning of June. On the cycles! The roads might not even be open during that time! The whole mess of them have go to be crazy! I have no interest in riding on the back of a bike 3000 miles in the cold! I think we should head South! Go to Branson or something. I can see plenty of ICE in Wisconsin!

You all be good! I'll try to keep in touch a little more often.

LEATHERMAN
03-30-2011, 01:29 PM
My cpap machine did not help my energy at all. I am sure your are sleeping better. I have my 1 year checkup tomorrow at my sleep Dr.

ChopperChick355
03-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Hello all

well making this really quick as I am headed off to a Zumba class at 730

but let me say Holly I hope your mom is doing OK and please keep us up to date

keep rocking the weightloss

VermontMom
03-31-2011, 09:12 AM
Good morning friends :cool:

Colleen, you made me :D and :devil: many times during your post but seriously we all hope your family does not have any more sad surprises!! and best wishes with the diagnosis of your wrist. A part of the body that we use all the time! And I guess I had also heard of people getting more energy after the use of their machine but maybe you will just take a little while longer.

hm, Glacier Park in early May..I also think that might be freezing!!

Hi Reda (Zumba-ing, kewl!) Aaron and Dawn! and Tammy!

I visited my mom yesterday. The fluid sample they tested was clean. Yesterday they took a tissue sample of one of the masses and we have to wait for those results. Besides her health of course, we have to worry about my brother , who lives with her (disabled, receives SSI) and he can't live on his own. For right now my uncle (my mom's only sibling) and his wife are staying with my brother at my mom's house (the house actually is owned by my uncle) but they can't stay there forever. Life problems :(

Well I'm still trying to look ahead and look forward to riding season. Haven't quite got there yet, and getting a foot of snow tomorrow won't help :tantrum: but winter's got to end!! (or maybe not...there was one year 1816 "year without a summer" but that was due to a huge volcanic explosion months before) Boy am I pessimistic :devil:

LEATHERMAN
03-31-2011, 10:10 AM
Hi Gals. Holly did you forget that the end of the world is coming in 2012,:D things might be bad this year but next year is the end:D. LOL :D We need to stay positive, things will get better. In june when you are on your new to you bike and the wind is in your face and the sun is out life will be good, I promise. Reda how do you like zumba, my wife and I have the dvd's and my wife loves them, I would rather walk when it is not to cold out. Well today I am down to 247.4 lbs :carrot::carrot::carrot:new low.

LEATHERMAN
04-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi to all you hot biker chicks. I hope today is more up beat for all of you:hug:, I need it to we have fresh snow today might get several inches. I am going to go to a bike show today and look at some cool bikes and I am looking for a heavy bandana I don't know if I want leather or cloth, I need it for cold weather and june bugs(ouch). Well today I am down to 247.2 :carrot: only one carrot for today, not worth 2. I did not get down to 245 by the 1 of april, like I wanted to but I did lose 17 lbs in 7 weeks. I should go back to work in a few weeks and hope to be down to 240. That would be a good 30 lbs:carrot::carrot:of weight lose for winter. I tried on my leather pants and I think I will need suspenders:D.

2times2much
04-01-2011, 12:45 PM
For my birthday today, I'm going to give myself some kicks in the butt to help motivate me to find my wagon again! I've been off for far too long.

The doctor scale was a real scare for me yesterday. Never have been this big before. I was a mess explaining to the doc that I wanted to try getting off the Citalipram for depression (not very convincing as I was crying). He was agreeable though. He wasn't interested in giving me the meds I suggested to give me more energy. :( Not interested in doing a FSH test to see where I am in the whole menopause deal--told me it wouldn't matter--that there would be no change in treatment anyway. :( I did manage to con him into letting me have a LOW (15mg) dose of Phentermine for a month. Told him that I could get a perscription from him, and go with medical advice, or I could order some "stuff" off the internet and take my chances. I guess he must have see my stubborn side! :devil:

After going to the appointments, I took ther rest of the afternoon off. I was pretty worried this morning to go to work on April Fool's Day, after leaving my desk unattended for so long! To my surprise, nothing changed! Yet anyway. I haven't "gotten" anyone YET either. Still thinking...

DH got the clear to go ahead and drive truck as he is able tolerate. This week he put in quite a few miles. Says he is doing better, and has used some techniques to relax when he's all stressed out.

The gobble-de-gook going on at work, still is going. Hope to have some answers next week as to what will be happening. Boss seems to be in some HOT water!

Aaron, I suppose if the end of the world is coming we should all lose our extra weight so we look good when we meet our maker huh? My first thought was why go through all the efforts?! Bad attitude right?!

Hope you all have a good day, and don't get fooled too bad by all the pranksters on this fine day! :D

VermontMom
04-02-2011, 09:55 AM
oh Colleen, a sincere but belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :bday2you::balloons:

I did manage to con him into letting me have a LOW (15mg) dose of Phentermine for a month.

what is Phentermine?

and I sure hope you find your groove and I hope I'm there with you, I still have no motivation to even try to stay away from 1 or even 2 big cookies at work daily, plus a big dinner, plus a bowl of cereal later.

Yay to Aaron for needing suspenders for his leather pants :D

oh I bought a leather bandanna late last year, but never had a chance to wear it. They seem like a great thing though to block wind from neck.

LEATHERMAN
04-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi Gals. Colleen Happy Birthday a day late. Bike show was ok but not as good as it was a few years ago. I did see a leather bandana but there was someone in the way so I did not get to take a look at it. Well we had little cearars pizza last night and I had 2 pieces so today I weigh 247.2 again same as yesterday. I will see what happens tomorrow.

ChopperChick355
04-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Hello - well just got home and now I see I also missed Colleens BDay so
:bday2you: again sorry it is late........

Ok i have been staying on track with the Gym daily and started lifting weights Saturday morning before leaving for the night- I will weigh in on Tuesday this week which reminds me when I weighed in Thursday it was only a pound lost but I was expecting a gain since we were gone the whole weekend before and eating out - so a pound lost I will take hopefully Tuesday will be at least a pound or two :)

I am liking the plan as you have to eat 4 meals a day - of which includes protein, starch, vegetables and fruit and also it does not cut out all salad dressings or butter..... It is a very doable plan to live out once weight goals are melt

Ok enough about all that - Aaron you will have a weigh loss tomorrow the pizza just stunned it for a day

Holly you will get back in the groove as soon as it gets nice out and you are out of the winter job........

Ok off the computer I better get - have a great week

VermontMom
04-04-2011, 09:09 AM
good morning, I heard Reda had WARM weather even though she was not able to ride in it, sure hope that the warm weather continues for you!!

Aaron I am sure 2 pieces of pizza will not put you too far off, you've done so well :carrot:

I have NOT done well still :devil: I haven't had an OP day in weeks. Yes I am holding onto getting into my groove when I have some time off!! (10 days until I'm done with winter job, then I have a good 2 1/2 weeks off)

even though I usually devote my upcoming time off to doing outdoor winter cleanup, we still have FEET of snow in the yard. It will take a miracle warm trend or maybe a week of rain to get rid off this snow, and the ground might be too wet for me to rake but I can do alot of stuff IN the house (throwing-out time again)

Our motorcycling friends who live near us, got out on his bike yesterday and did about 150 miles..I'm glad for them :devil:

Don't know if I mentioned it here but my mom is in the hospital, it's been over a week now. She lost her appetite months ago, then would get bad heartburn and diarrhea if she tried to eat anything, so she kinda starved herself :( and is so ... very ... thin ... dangerously so, I can't judge pounds but she looks like a concentration camp victim. They have done tests and have found 'markers in her blood that indicate cancer' but haven't heard anything further than that. They give her bag after bag of saline and 'food goo' intraveneously but apparently her body is kinda refusing the nutrients? or just not accepting them as easily as should be, because of her long starvation mode. My uncle is here from Maine and that helps alot...he is staying with my disabled brother who lives with my mom...lots of issues there, don't know what will happen to him (brother) if the worst occurs.

OK I need to focus on good things..like my knees don't hurt right now so I will do some exercise and then get ready for work.

LEATHERMAN
04-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi Gals. Well I went for another ride this weekend and froze, it was 40 deg. out,I rode for about 50 miles, the leather pants were better then the chaps I wore last time. Today I am down to 247.0 down .2 lbs :carrot:. My wife keeps telling me my tummy looks smaller. My wife has lost 17 lbs :carrot::carrot: in the last 2 months. We still have snow, the roads are clear but riding with snow on the ground is like riding in an ice box. I want spring!!!!!!

2times2much
04-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Day 2 at work on the newly found "diet wagon"! The weekend went well. DH is supportive, but has such brainy ideas...like I should get up EARLY and exercise! That is NOT like me! I might stay up LATE! Mornings are not my favorites. He's up at 4:00 even if he has no reason to be up. I could sleep until noon given the chance! BUt, he's falling asleep on the couch right after supper. I'm up, and at it until at least 10 or later. It sounds just as crazy to him when I want to start a project at 3 in the afternoon. He's ready for an afternoon siesta by then!

Phentermine is a perscription appetite suppresent. Like legal speed the doc says. I've never had speed, and I don't think that the low dose that I have could be anything close! The 37.5 mg tablets I had tried for a short time before. They were wonderful! I for the first time in my life felt "normal" with some energy! They did give me the jitters though. I didn't stay on longer than a couple of weeks. Doc warned me that it's not the solution. Even exercise isn't the whole trick. Not unless I am walking AWAY from the refigerator he said!

I'm back on the eliptical. It's been so long. I have to start all over. Few minutes at a time. I think I will keep it with the date. Like 4 minutes today, 5 tomorrow. So by the end of the month I'll be up to 1/2 hour. I'm really good at PLANNING! It's the follow-through that I really suck at!!

Holly, sorry to hear about your mom's battle, and health issues. Hard on the whole family. Bet your brother is really out of sorts with her in the hospital. Hang in there!

Have you guys tried the drink mix Mio from Kraft? I love it! I hate drinking plain water. This is just perfect! I can flaver water up without a big mess. No stirring. It's good too. Several different flavers. I wish it was clear so I could take it with me to restaurants without it looking like I'm being cheap! I would gladly buy it from restaurants, but they mostly have just lemonade (with sugar) or tea. Saving a little money wouldn't hurt either though!

Birthday was pretty low key this year. I worked, made Hamburger Helper for supper, watched TV and went to bed! That's what happens in the 40's huh!? Oh, boy!

LEATHERMAN
04-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Hi Gals. Well today I am still at 247.0 ,I have been at 247 for a few days.

2times2much
04-05-2011, 08:56 PM
That follow through I was talking about sure is hard to come by! I already skipped yesterdays elliptical time! Today...right now. I'll go!

Hope everyone is having a good week so far.

Aaron--No gain is still good--even if there is no loss! I'm about to where I was last time I got on this wagon. The first few pounds were easy.

DH is trying to outdo me on weight loss. He's not saying so...but I SEE what he's doing. Last night he ate 1 pork chop and a dab of mashed potatoes! That's not like him! I do love a challenge! Hehe! Might be just what I need.

LEATHERMAN
04-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi Gals. Colleen I was thinking about your cpac, have they turned up the air pressure, that might help you get a better nights sleep. Well today I am down to 246.4 lbs. This is a new low:carrot::carrot:.

VermontMom
04-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Aaron - ocngrats on YOUR NEW LOW!! :dancer: :high: :congrat: I'm jealous of your motorcycle ride even though it was so cold...you're right, even with clear roads, it's like riding in a refridgerator when it is that cold. But I bet you were smiling (at first)

Colleen, WTG for being back on the elliptical! I should also listen to your doctor, with me its definitely the food; the exercise is just barely keeping me from aching or paining from being 50. I had ONE day on program 2 days ago; then the day after I was twice as bad. ugh!

thanks for the thoughts on my mom :) My sister called me at work on Monday afternoon; bawling and falling apart, and saying the doctor called a family meeting the next day at 1 pm. And that it was lymphoma. Well that wasn't enough notice for me to get off from work, we're down 2 people as of now..of course I would have wanted to be there, but I knew my uncle, my sister, and maybe my half brother would be there at the meeting so I hoped that was ok.

She said that 'no one would hold it against you if you can't come' and then says 'but you'd better come quick because she doesn't have much time left!' and keep bawling and sobbing. While I am standing there with customers in front of my and I"m ringing up their orders trying to look like nothing is wrong :stress: I appreciate that maybe she called me at work to give me as much time as possible, but she has called me at work before for stupid frivolous things too ( you can tell I don't care much for my sister, she has hurt me too many times in the past because of her drinking; and even though she has stopped drinking, she has never apologized for her behaviors)

So right after work that night (monday) I drove to the hospital. My mom was asleep..and I didn't want to wake her. Plus, even when they would come in to take her vitals she barely opened her eyes, so I just sat there for two hours, watching her breathe (9 respirations per minute) She ... looked.. terrible. Like a skeleton :( After each breath, I would wait to see her take the next breath, because I wasn't sure there would be a next one. The next morning (yesterday) I got up early and went to the hospital, and this time she was awake and alert, and even though she looks so bad, she was 'herself' as much as she could be. Alert, and talking (but slowly) and her regular sense of humor. I visited with her for almost 2 hours before I had to leave for work.

My uncle hasn't called me to tell me what the doctor said at the meeting. Is he punishing me, because I wasn't there??? I'll have to call him today.

sorry, I guess I needed to vent about stuff. I have off today, and I am so glad of that.

ChopperChick355
04-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Hey Holly so sorry you are having to go through all this- but hey bright side how many days left at crappy winter job???

Congrats Aaron - way to go

Colleen hmmmmm challenge and from DH - go get it girl

Well I am out of town now thurs, fri and sat be back on Sunday but I think I am taking my computer with me this time so that I can check in hopefully
So have a great rest of the week and weekend

LEATHERMAN
04-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Hi Gals. Holly things will get better. You can always vent to us, we are here for you, it sounds like you need a hug, so I will give you a hug:hug::hug: ok maybe more than 1. I am down to my mini goal weight of 245 lbs.:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:. I think this is 20 lbs in 2 months. I have a long ways to go to get down to 210. My ticker worked better this time, by the time I am done losing weight I will figure it out.:D I hope you all have a nice day.

2times2much
04-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Holly, I'm so sorry...that just isn't good about your Mom. That's very hard on you and her! I am happy for you that you got a chance to visit while she was feeling a little better. Hang in there.

Aaron, you are doing fantastic! Way to go! That pizza wasn't going to hold you back! Thank for the advise on the CPAP. I haven't had any change to the air pressure. I think it's okay. Maybe too high even--My belly keeps filling up with air by morning! I have LOTS of air pressure "tooting" my way around the house getting ready for work! So lady-like!

Reda, we know you are so busy!

Hi Tammy and Dawn. What's new with you?

Stress filled days at work. Might be looking for a job! Applied at 1. Not sure I am capable of doing the job though. Physically, I don't think I am able to stand for 8 hours a day.

That follow-through--still not working for the eliptical! Exercise is NOT my friend! Food has always been my friend! How do I make this change?!

VermontMom
04-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Hello bikers :cool:

Colleen - it is true, standing on one's feet ALL day is very tough. If there are scheduled 'sit down' breaks it sure helps..I just know I've done kitchen and customer service standing jobs for YEARS and my vein-y road map legs don't thank me for it :rofl: But best wishes on your job decision. I don't know how to suggest to make exercise your friend and food your enemy :devil: I say try to keep in mind, that your DH is silently challenging you!

Hey thanks Aaron :) and Reda. I guess the diagnoses on my mom is 'whole cell lymphoma' . However my mom just wasnt' aware enough of things, when the doctor wanted to speak to her and us about treatment. So it's been postponed.

Sorry you have to be out of town Reda, but do bring your 'puter :)

We have SUN today!! and the air temp is in the low 40's. Summery :rofl:

I almost got sucked into an infomercial today!! We didn't have Internet access so I was having my coffee and zipping through the 800 channels with nothing to watch...until a "Spinning" exercise infomercial was on. It was a cute little spinning cycle, with dvd's, and such inspirational people. OK...I MUST have known it was too good to be true...but ALL they were showing was $49.95 - free shipping - plus extra products!! with 30 day trial period!

sounds GREAT, right?

credit card in hand, I called the 800 number...got a very very VERY persuasive sales person...(He had me hooked to the phone for 10 minutes while i tried to decline!!) After you pay the $49.95, and want to keep it, it's JUST 6 easy monthly payments of $99. OK, I should have known it would be more than $49.95 but not $649.95 :devil:

I had a completely on program eating day yesterday..and am halfway through today. Can I do this for 2 days in a row???? if so, it will be the first time in ages. But yesterday I was thinking forward to the Harley Rendezvous in late June, where one can go crazy. And how i would love to go crazy if I had my tummy back again :devil:

Hi Tammy and Dawn!

2times2much
04-07-2011, 06:50 PM
There is NO job decisions...sounds like mandatory retirement for the boss. That pretty much leaves me wide open in the near future, looking for something!

VermontMom
04-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Colleen - I don't quite understand about the job situation..?

well I concluded my second day being POP (perfect on plan) EVEN THOUGH this afternoon I got popped for speeding ($227 ticket!!!) for being on a hurry to visit my 77 yr old mom who is being treated for lymphoma...and I did not make up that story...and the trooper didn't care at all :mad: I had just got off the horrible pot-holed and cracked surface and onto the beautifully newly paved stretch of road..the sun was out, I was trying to feel good about deciding to do the drive to visit Mom, and bam. OK I was going over the speed limit but WTF, the only danger on that road is to me, if a g-d moose wanders out.

I need to put my big girl panties back on, I know, i know :devil:

PLEASE give me :dust: for staying on plan when I go back to work tomorrow!! I will pack a lunch and a snack but sometimes that doesn't even help. I gotta think of the skimpy outfits I want to wear this summer!

LEATHERMAN
04-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Hi Gals. Holly if it helps you stick to your diet,us guys love to see hot gals in skimpy outfits:D:devil: and LEATHER IS BETTER YET:D:devil::devil::devil::D. Colleen is your work place closing? I have lost more weight I am down to 243.4lbs:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot: well here is a few more carrots:carrot::carrot:. It looks like today I might get to go for a ride with my wife. That means I get to see the wife in leather pants today:D.

LEATHERMAN
04-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Sorry for all the carrots but I am down 27 lbs this winter.

VermontMom
04-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Sorry for all the carrots but I am down 27 lbs this winter.

Bananas AND Broccolis for you!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::broc::bro c::broc::broc::broc::broc::broc::broc::broc::broc: :broc::bravo::cp::dance:

LEATHERMAN
04-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Thank you

VermontMom
04-09-2011, 08:04 AM
Good morning bikers :) I've had 2 perfect days on program; one very good day; now I want another very good day :)

I know alot of bikes will be out today in this area! sun and high 50's or even 60 today. I'll be wishing I was out there too!

LEATHERMAN
04-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi gals. I had a nice ride with my wife. It was about 53 out but it was windy . Down to 243.0 today. this is my new low. :carrot::carrot:

LEATHERMAN
04-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Hi Gals. I am up a pound or so today, but this is the first day I have been up for a few days in a row. I think I will drop this weight and then some by the end of the week.

VermontMom
04-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Aaron, you are on fire! :cheer3: :woohoo:

I've had a couple days in a row, being on program!!! that is a big :woohoo: for me, haven't been able to do that in a long time. I found some pics from a couple years ago (2008) and it's just where i want to be now, some muscles but low enough bodyfat for some abs to show, and I was probably 146-ish. I am keeping those pics in mind to help me resist!

ChopperChick355
04-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Hi Girls and Aaron

Wow wy to go Aaron you do deserve lots of :carrot::carrot::carrot: and you got to ride :)

Holly :woohoo:on staying OP for a couple few days + - you will be where you want to be in no time

Colleen how is the job hunt going? Is you company closing your you are just ready to make a job change? How is the challenge going with DH?

Well made it home yesterday to jump back in vehicle and drive another 150 miles to watch DS race- he had qualifications Friday night of which he qualified 4th for the show on Saturday which was great - then last night he came out for hot laps (warm ups) and blew up his motor and it is not rebuildable - but nothing that $3500 won't cover........
Finally got home today and took a nap, went to the store and now sitting here on computer trying to catch up

I didn't get to eat OP while gone but I did get to exercise everynight but last night- Oh and to boot where my son was racing it was 90 degrees and sun shining but at home it was 55 and cloudy- not quite ready for 90 but sure wish the 70's would get here :)

Well I do need get some laundry done so better get off here

Have a great start to your work week

VermontMom
04-12-2011, 08:08 AM
it is 90 and sunshine somewhere?? :dizzy: so sorry about son's race car trouble Reda, that sure is an exciting hobby :D I hope the super nice weather reaches you soon.

Aaron, more congrats :carrot: to you, and your wife, for your losses, that is so great. what do you do for exercise, can I ask?

Hi Colleen, Dawn, and Tammy! :wave:

We had a ton of rain yesterday; and the whole time I was like YAY, because of the snow melting possibilities....little did I know that our basement was filling up with water! 12" . this has never happened in the 25 years we've lived here .DH got a pump down there and it is working, but slowly. Usually one would have lke 2" pipe to drain out of but all we have is a garden hose but it is working. Unfortunately there was a jug of kerosene down there that floated then spilled, so it smells kinda kero-sene-y. Just gotta deal with it. Thank goodness we don't have anything stored down there.

I visited my mom last night. She had one chemo treatment last Friday, because 'supposedly' she agreed with the doctors that would be best. Well my Lord, she is just struggling..and last night the nurse said gently to my sister and I, 'girls, in your hearts, you know she is dying? is this how we want our loved ones to go?' She knew she might be overstepping her bounds but then she showed us the doctors notes that mostly all said 'poor prognosis' - so do doctors push all life-saving methods no matter what it does to you? My mom floated in and out, she was talking nonsense. But I held her hands, massaged lotion into her arms and hands and stayed as long as I could.

Well one positive thing is today is my second to last day at the yuck winter job, hooray :carrot: and I had another OP day yesterday. I am always a slow loser so I probably need to be OP for at least 2 weeks before I see much loss. But I was eating so much crap daily you'd think I'd see results sooner.

well I hope everyone is well and lets pray for the day when we are all :moped:

LEATHERMAN
04-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Hi Gals. Well today I am still up 1 lb. I will lose that pound and then some by weigh in day. Holly sorry about your mom. All we have done for workouts this last 3 weeks is walk. We try to walk every day or 5 days a week, the most we walk is 2 miles at one time. We do have some big hills on the road by our house, but most is flat ground. Holly when I have more time I will talk to you about your water problem.

2times2much
04-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Work is a big waiting game to see what is happeneing. Sounds like the boss is retiring. Company may be able to keep me on for a while though. Big mess!

Weekends are hard on a diet--and so are friends and family that want to go out to eat! Not doing too bad though. Holding my own for the weekend, and have shown a good loss since starting the 1st of the month.

Here is my new philosophy on drinking wine...

A glass of wine

To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine..
And those who don't and are always
seen with a bottle of water in their hand.

As Ben Franklin said:
In wine there is wisdom,
In beer there is freedom,
In water there is bacteria.

In a number of carefully controlled trials,
Scientists have demonstrated that if we drink
1 litre of water each day,
At the end of the year we would have absorbed
More than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. Coli) - bacteria
Found in feces.
In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop.

However,
We do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer
(or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor)
Because alcohol has to go through a purification process
Of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health
Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid,
Than to drink water and be full of $hit..

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information:
I'm doing it as a public service

So...I went and got some wine! 3 bottles in my refrigerator! :D

tymaboy
04-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Hello everyone! Sorry I have been Mia. I had been working overtime & it pretty much kicked my butt. Sorry I missed so much (birthday, health job, weight loss, boss) I read the posts I just don't feel like typing everything out all the time.

Last week I had an episode at work that I needed to leave to go to dr. Today was my checkup. I found out why I get shaky every so often. I always thought that I maybe borderline diabetic. Instead it hyperglycemic. I really need to watch what I eat. Good news is the diet she wants me to eat should help loose more weight.

This weekend is prom. We went & ordered the tux last weekend & just remembered the corsages today. Of course ds wanted me to go along for everything so I could pay. I am thinking of buying a canon rebel camera & doing their pictures for them. I'm also going to take ds senior pictures this summer. That way I can get what I want at different areas around town.

VermontMom
04-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Of course ds wanted me to go along for everything so I could pay.

:rofl: yup, sounds about normal :D glad to hear from you!

Colleen, :rofl: regarding your water perspective :devil:

We got the cellar pumped out, but now the water pump (for our water source) doesn't work. Probably because it was under 12" of water. DH is going to try to work on it tonight. Meanwhile we are still pioneering it with bucket of rainwater to wash hair (nice and soft, must be the acid rain) and to flush with.

TO DAY IS MY LAST FULL TIME DAY WITH THE ICK JOB
the day I've been waiting for!!!

ChopperChick355
04-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Aaron that pound will be gone before you know it :)

Colleen - all I can do is laugh - just to funny :rofl:

Dawn you sure do sound busy at your new job, hope all going well
Just keep checking in once in a while even if you don't reply to every message- shoot we all know that sometimes there just isn't time
Oh ya isn't that the truth the kids only want us to go when they want us to pay :) But we always enjoy the time spent with them even if it costs us money :)

Holly so sorry to hear about mom- hang in there- Water in basement must suck and 12" even worse- COngrats on last day at the ICK job when do you start getting prepared for Summer Job?

ladyrider72472
04-14-2011, 06:25 AM
Hey guys! I have a few extra minutes so I thought I would post.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. My DS1 is HOME! He has been home for a week. I have been busy spending time with him and working the 2 jobs into that somehow.

DS2..... well, he has decided he hates us all and we are not his family. He has had this revelation since meeting his new g/f.... she has completely isolated him from everyone who knows him. She has this control on his mind like no other. In fact, he decided that he is leaving home this Nov when he turns 18.... even though he will not be out of HS. All I can do is pray for the best.

We had a sad day in our hometown (not where I work), but where I live.... we had an officer get shot and killed on a traffic stop. It was a senseless crime. The shooter is still in the hospital. The officer was 30, married with 3 kids. Very hard pill to swallow......

I have read some of the posts.... Mandy (Willow).... WELCOME BACK!

Aaron, you are tearing the weight loss trail up. Good going!

Tymaboy, I feel your working a lot pain. It sounds like your son is doing better than the last time I was on here.

CC, I hope you get to sell your chopper and you are able to get a new bike soon. Also, sounds like the guys are keeping you busy with racing again.

Colleen, I hope you are doin well. I am sorry for the deaths you have had. Maybe you will get a reprieve from that now. I hate that the job searching may have to start for you. Have you thought of going into medical chart auditing since you have worked the insurance spectrum? Might be worth looking into. I hear that is where it is at these days. The Medicare sectors are trying to get $ that they have paid out in frauds.

Holly, I am sooo glad you are done with that dreadful place (full days)...... I will be glad you get to start the enjoyable job soon.
As far as what the nurse your mother goes, I am soooo sorry. I don't know about what the doctors are doing...... but I will tell you about my ex husbands mother. When they found out that she was "terminal" (she had last stages of lung cancer when they found out what was wrong) they told her that the treatment could prolong her life for a few months but they would not guarantee it would be a good few months. So, if in YOUR heart you feel that the treatment is doing more harm than good then I would call a family meeting. But you have to do what is right for YOUR family.... and no one can make that determination but you all. I am not on here as much as I would like, but you can email me or FB me if you need me.

I have gotten to ride some. I am trying to ride my bike to work at night, DH put some driving lights on it for me. Gas is so high, so if I have to pay a payment I might as well use it for good.

I hope you all are doin well. My offer is not only to Holly, if you need me for something email me or FB me. I will respond in a day or so.

I miss talking to you on a daily basis. We all did so much better when we were talking every day.

LEATHERMAN
04-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Hi Gals, well today I am down to 242.4, this is a new low. I will talk /tell you more later.

LEATHERMAN
04-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi Gals. Well today I am still at 242.4, this makes for a 1 lb weight loss for the week, not bad with all the easter candy in the house,and a 3.8 lb loss last week. We will see what next week brings.