Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat - Monday, December 27, 2010 through Sunday, January 2, 2011

Vickie
12-27-2010, 09:21 AM
New Week.....New Year!

Vickie
12-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm blowing off Jenny this morning because I do not want to face the music. I shall get back on track and start anew. If only I'd been as strong as Sandra. I can't believe all the sugar and butter I consumed in the last 4 days! Salt too. Yuck. I feel yucky. Talk to you all later.

Katpo
12-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Good morning, Vickie! It's a nice morning here in sunny north Texas! Today we'll finish putting up all the Christmas things and I'll get back to work sewing. I'm making a quilt for our favorite waitress at the Mexican restaurant. She's pregnant with a baby girl due May 6. I've got plenty of time but I might as well not sit around waiting until the last minute!

Judd just went and dropped off the tree at a mulching place and is on the way back. We're going to breakfast so I'll be back later to check in.

Have a happy Monday, everyone.

Tejas
12-27-2010, 10:39 AM
These Mondays are beginning to slip up on me. I must be getting used to being retired.

Kathy mentioned sunny north Texas, and, indeed, that is what is today. Christmas day was overcast and wet, but today is glorious. The blue jays, doves and crows are having a feast in my backyard, and we are enjoying their antics. The crows and jays compete for who can be the biggest bully, coming out about equal, and the doves just go a different feeder and ignore the mayhem.

I can't identify it totally accurately, but a warbler of some type has appeared over the last few days. Our cardinal pair seems to be content also. Now there is a red-bellied woodpecker at the peanuts with the jays. I've never seen one of those at the peanuts, just at the suet. To continue the blow-by-blow, the doves left and are being replaced by finches and titmice.

That's the Denton bird report! I'm off to make oatmeal and then go to see the trainer at 11:30AM.

Have a great day.

Rhonda

Nancy, :hug:

ontarget
12-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Vickie, thank you for the new pages. Don't be too envious of my eating. Even though I'm sugar-free, I've had a lot of stuff I shouldn't have eaten if I was serious about losing weight this week. Guess I wasn' serious.

Rhonda, thank you for the Denton County Bird Report. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. We haven't had woodpeckers in quite awhile. I miss them and hope the come back soon.

Kathy, you still have a lot of energy. You go, girl!!

I need to go put out birdseed. I'll catch ya'll later.

Vickie
12-27-2010, 04:45 PM
So far so good at getting back on track.

Rhonda, I love retirement and I was jealous of the description of your sunny day with the happy birds. None of that happiness here; just dreary and dark.

Sandra, if I'd been sugar free, I'd have skipped on many of my calories since I really over indulged on desserts. I'm done now.

Kathy, I think I'd like to learn how to make quilts. The woman who does my tailoring teaches classes. Maybe I'll attend one when she returns from Florida in the Spring.

Thinking of you Nancy and Robin.

nancy237
12-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Another good day for Robin..
The liver function continues to improve every day. I am relieved to be past the
Day 5 drug that is hard on the liver and still have the bilirubin levels declining .
His bilirubin was 13 on admission , 2.1 today and 1 is normal.

I woke up today with cold symptoms so I cannot stay in the room with him until I am well. My step daughter is with him and I am home getting well. Pray that
I get well fast...

He has not had many Chemo side effects yet except that some foods & drinks taste bad to him. We are trying to find things that still taste good.

The nurse yesterday made a big mistake with his meds. They had to file an incident report. After talking with the Dr I do not think it will harm him but it was alarming. A nurse ignored a ordered Chemo drug because she thought the order was a mistake. The mistake was caught and given 12 hours late.

Tejas
12-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Oh, Nancy, I really do hope that you recover soon. It's difficult to be separated. Rest!

I'm hoping that you've experienced the last of the medical mishaps. They're likely to be extra cautious now.

I went to the gym and more or less collapsed about 3/4 of the way through the routine. I got shaky and my heart was pounding. I drank some Gatorade and that seemed to help, and I felt OK the rest of the day.

I have a NSV to report. I really wanted a hamburger, so we got some. I ate only 3/4 of it and only about 1/2 of the fries. The best part is that I didn't want any more of either.

I'm glad you enjoyed my birds vicariously. Sandra, I have lots of woodpeckers, Hairy and Red-bellied. (Why are the called red-bellied? Their bellies are white!)

Have a good night everyone.

Rhonda

ontarget
12-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Nancy, how scarey about the nurse's making the mistake with Robin's medication. I'm glad all went well. When Curtis was in the hospital with his knee replacement, we had to monitor everything the nurses were giving him. They kept trying to give him meds he took years ago as well as current dosages. Could have been dangerous if we hadn't caught the mistakes.

I hope you get to feeling better soon and can get back to being with Robin.

Vickie, I had an enchilada plate for lunch today. Tomorow I'm back to counting points.

Curtis an I did some shooting indoors today. Life is good.

ontarget
12-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Rhonda, was your trainer with you? What did he say? Do you need to go for a checkup?

sloanie
12-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Hey chicks, sounds like y'all are having a good day. I spent the day with my mom and sis. Hopefully tomorrow will be a quiet day here at home.

Nancy, I hope you get better quickly. I know that medication mistake was scary, but don't forget it is always your right to ask questions about Robin's care. It is even Robin's legal right to see his chart. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I'm happy to hear about Robin's liver tests. I'm still praying for his liver and mouth. Keep us posted!

GTG watch a movie with DH. TTFN

Tejas
12-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Sandra, yes the trainer was with me. In hindsight, I think that I must have been a little dehydrated, so I'll drink more water, maybe mixed with Gatorade. I was drinking throughout the session, but perhaps not enough. I didn't have any more trouble during the day.

ontarget
12-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Rhonda, when I told Curtis, he said it sounded like dehydration. I'm glad you have it under control and know what caused your problem. You scared me. I'm glad you're all right.

Vickie
12-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Good Morning Chicks! The scale is slowly coming down. I started at 6 pounds up and am now down to just 3 up! I'm on program and missing Christmas cookies and candy.

Today is errand day and Christmas returns. And, the boy, AKA Brodie has to go to the Vet for his second flu vaccine.

Nancy, that's wonderful news on Robin. I hope you get better quickly so you can go and be by his side. I guess God knew you wouldn't rest unless he forced the cold on you to make you get rest.

Rhonda, I hope you are feeling ok today. What a scary thing to have happen to you.

ontarget
12-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Good morning. I'm still sick with a cold. I'm hoping to be well enough and not contagious so I can be with the granddaughters some this week.

Vickie, 3 pounds off already! That's wonderful. You'll have the other 3 off in no time as well.

Nancy, I hope you're feeling better and can be by Robin's side again asap.

Rhonda, I'm watching doves and a few other unidentified birds feeding right now. Still no woodpeckers.

I'm off here now to bake some tilapia for lunch. I'll catch ya'll later.

Vickie
12-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Sandra, that stinks that you're sick. Hope you feel better quickly. Jim is still sick too. We are trying to keep it from going into his chest. Our Doctor swears by Mucinex and doesn't even prescribe cough medicine any more. I've had Jim on it since Friday but I'm having a hard time getting him to drink enough water. A Nurse with my ENT once told me that upper respiratory infections require copious amounts of water for relief. And, the Mucinex requires water as well. Jim dislikes water more than me. Maybe some extra water for you?

ontarget
12-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Thank you, Vickie. I'll start chugging now and will get some Mucinex later today. Thank you for the tips. I hope Jim is feeling better. Tell him I'll toast to his quick recovery with my first glass.

Tejas
12-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Don't forget to try sinus lavage, you sickies. I know, I know, it sounds awful, gross, disgusting, etc. BUT, I tell you it works. I didn't want to do it either, but I did and the rate of upper respiratory infections plummeted.

nancy237
12-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Don't forget to try sinus lavage, you sickies. I know, I know, it sounds awful, gross, disgusting, etc. BUT, I tell you it works. I didn't want to do it either, but I did and the rate of upper respiratory infections plummeted.

I want to try that..I saw it on the Dr Oz show..
Can you use anything or do you need a nettie pot
(I think they call it That)

nancy237
12-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Robin had a good day..I was able to get some good sleep and today I went
shopping to get all the little things he has mentioned to make his days a bit easier. This nursing station lets you bring in their favorite treats to keep in their frig/ freezer.. I got all his favorite sugar free ice cream bars. I got a bigger clock because he can't see the tiny clock they have. My cousin came and wrapped the picture in his room in white paper to make a bulletin board for cards and signatures.

I talked to the infectious diseases Dr and he thinks it will be fine for me to be there tomorrow because my symptoms are so mild . I'll wear a mask and stay
away from his bed.. No smooching for a while he said.

I may have my dog put to sleep in the morning. She probably should have been put to sleep back last summer. She is in pain with her joints and seems miserable lately. She also has a stomach issue that makes her nauseated a lot. Robin won't mind because she is my dog and he tolerates her. I don't think I will tell him until he is about to come home.
I will miss her ..she has been a very loyal dog..

ontarget
12-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Nancy, I am sad about your dog. You're having to deal with so much right now. I did the sinus lavage several times today and it does seem to help. All I did was put warm water into my palm and snort it. I should have used warm, salty water, but warm water was as much as I would attempt. Doing it was easy, though.

Thank you for the tip, Rhonda.

Tejas
12-28-2010, 10:18 PM
I don't use the Neti pot, but use the squeeze bottle and the powdered mix. It's just a saline solution. I imagine that with the squeeze bottle it's important not to squeeze hard, and I find that the solution just makes the feeling smoother.

Nancy, I'm sorry about your dog. I've been there, as have others in our little corner of 3fc. It isn't easy, even when it is best for them.

Don't forget to keep your hands clean around Robin! No smooching, no touching...it's a drag for sure.

Good night all,
Rhonda

sloanie
12-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Hi chicks, I worked most of the day turning my daughter's bedroom into my new craft room. I still have lots more to do, but I got a lot done today. She'd better not plan on moving back now ;)

Rhonda, I'm glad you are okay. Please be careful!

Sandra, sorry about your cold! Hope you are better soon :)

Nancy, you can use the netti pot or a special bottle. DH got his (bottle) at the drug store, and it came with the soda/saline mixture that you are supposed to use. You just follow the directions on the box. It's very easy. I'm glad Robin had a good day. I know he'll be glad to have you beside him tomorrow.

Vickie, congrats on getting that scale going in the right direction. I, on the other hand, am not doing as well.

Hope y'all are having a relaxing evening. C'ya tomorrow.

jojo23
12-29-2010, 06:24 AM
SOMEONE PAID THE RANSOM IíM FREE!!

Iím ever so sorry I havenít been around. Christmas has been a bit of a minefield for us, but we got through it and it wasnít quite as bad as we expected. We managed to avoid all Christmas carols (Beth would start singing them around mid November to make sure we knew Christmas was on the way, and she expected a good haul of swag) We kept ourselves to ourselves as much as we could, but we had a heck of a shock on Christmas dayÖ we were given 10 Christmas lunches. We didnít have the heart to refuse them, because we were very humbled by the kind thought of our neighbours, both near and far. So Christmas afternoon found us bewildered and sucking our thumbs in the kitchen, wondering what on earth to do with it all. We had eaten an early lunch: Fillet steak, fries grilled tomatoes, sautť mushrooms and side salad followed by peach ice cream so we were full to the cork. Anyway, we rolled up our sleeves put 2 in the fridge for Boxing Day, curried the rest of the turkey, made soup with the veg and crustless quiches with the bacon and sausages. We got most of it in our freezer and the overflow in a friends across the road.

Nancy I was so sorry when Sloanie told me about your husband. He has been in our family prayers since we heard.

Well. I only managed to gain 3lbs which is less than I expected :carrot:, Iíve put it in the loop and shanít dwell on it. Hereís to the next 20 off.

Tejas
12-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Glad to see you back among us, Jojo. You have some very sweet neighbors, that's for certain.

I've had some Scotch oatmeal, with walnuts, raisins and apricots..you know, just like the Scots do :lol:

Now, it's off to the gym, with water bottle in tow. I always drink at the fountain but obviously not enough.

Sloan, I turned the GK's bedroom into my crafts room recently too. They rarely spend the night here, so it seemed only fair to me to do that. Now, of course, they'll want to sleep over.

BBL

ontarget
12-29-2010, 01:53 PM
JoJo, it's good to see you back. I am as always impressed with your neighbors. Are you sure you want to move?

Rhonda, I'm glad you're chugging the water.

Just got home from the doctor. My problems are mainly allergies--no surprises there. I've always hd allergy problems. Anyway, I've now had one shot and Curtis is gone to get two prescriptions. Hopefully, all will be better soon.

As to turning rooms into craft rooms--Our 2nd largest bedroom is an archery shop complete with a target. We stand in the big bedroom and shoot through the kitchen, livingroom, down the hall into that target.

Tejas
12-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Yes, folks, Sandra lives IN an archery range. It's quite amusing, and effective. It's a really good thing they are both champion shooters.

I had a good workout, drank lots of water, and had no trouble (except trying to do the killer exercises).

I hope you're all having a good night.

Rhonda

Off topic:

If you are interested in an informative article about inequality in the US, go to the Slate website and read the newly posted article. It's long but very informative and well-researched.

ontarget
12-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad you had a good workout and are "back" to your healthy self.

We have the son of one of my former students coming out for archery practice tomorrow. We'll have him shooting on our outdoor range. My gf may come out to shoot, too. I'm not sure I'll chance being outside. I may just cheerlead from inside.

Today I wanted nachos. What did I do? I made my own, figured the points, and wrote them down. I heard somewhere that works. :lol: I used 12 of my weekly allowance points. Later tonight when I was hungry (again!), I had some grapes, a peach, and a banana. Loving that fruit!:drool:

sloanie
12-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Sandra, congrats on planning for the nachos. You are a better chick than I. I love the sound of your indoor shooting range. I guess when you are "archery champion of the world" you can do that. I would have the walls torn to shreds! I can't imagine how awful it would be if I tried to aim anything down my hallway :D You and Curtis are awesome :carrot:

Rhonda, glad your workout went better. My friend that I walked with before school last year wants to start walking again, so I'm planning on starting as soon as we get back to school. That combined with points plus should get me back on track.

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Have a great night, y'all.

jojo23
12-30-2010, 08:04 AM
Aww Nancy, that's sad about you dog. We have mourned all of ours over the years as much loved family members.

No, we shan't be sorry to move. This house, road and area of the city has too may memories for us. Its time we went.

Well, we hit the sales this morning. I got 2 new pairs of trousers, not posh, just for walking the dog and messing about the house. Mark got some power tools dirt cheap and then I found some baking tins half price so we did very well!
Have a good one everyone

Vickie
12-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I was up until 1:00 and slept until 10:00 so my day is slow to start. I haven't even eaten breakfast yet but wanted to check in quickly before I start to catch up to where Jim and everyone else is!

Sloan, it's always so great to hear from you. I wish we all lived closer to each other so we could be more daily support. I'd love to walk with you.

Nancy, so sorry about your pup. It's always painful to lose a cherished friend even if they wear fur jackets. I consider Brodie my fur child and not just a dog. Hugs to Robin and I hope you are feeling better too.

Rhonda, how are you feeling? I'll try to check out your website later.

JoJo, I was worried about you and I'm glad you're back and seeming as chipper as one would hope. Sounds like you got some great deals.

I hope Mary Ann is doing well with her kids and that blizzard.

I have a couple of returns to make today and I need to try to get some new dog food for Brodie. The stuff I bought for him was too rich and I need to find something else.

I'm on program but not enjoying it so much after the season's excesses.

ontarget
12-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Sloan, walking and tracking. You go, girl!! I'm so glad you have a gf to walk with. Curtis and I do a lot of saddling up but hardly ever ride. We need to get out and walk more.

JoJo, I understand. And I also know you'll have good neighbors wherever you go. I need to get me some new clothes. I have "stuff" I refuse to wear cuz I don't think it would pass inspection on "What Not to Wear." That causes me to wear the same old stuff over and over. (And that stuff prob wouldn't pass the test either.) :lol:

nancy237
12-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Robin is having a better week this week than last week.
He is feeling up to taking walks down the hall and having more visitors.

We found yesterday that he has a Philadelphia Chromosome type ALL.
We are trying to read and understand this but the Dr says it requires a
drug called Gleevic (sp?) that he will need to be on the rest of his life.
We were told it is more aggressive than ALL without it but today the Dr seems very positive about still having a good shot at a full recovery....
It gets to the point that we are already dealing with something so
serious that another component doesn't change our outlook much.
We are aware how serious this is but still hopeful for healing..

I am holding off on a decision about my dog..She does okay during the day but has problems at night with nausea. We are going to get her a heated dog bed and see if sleeping in the colder air will help her ..

Vickie
12-30-2010, 12:56 PM
You GO Robin!!!! Walks are a great sign. Never heard of that chromosome situation but I'm sure Sloan has heard of it.

ontarget
12-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Nancy, I am glad ya'll are keeping as positive an attitude as possible. That's important. Also am glad you're waiting on the pup. Your emotions are not at a place for you to be making that kind of decision. And great news about Robin's walking and having more visitors. How are you holding up? How's your cold?

Vickie, we were here same time. I just saw your post. Kudos for being back op!

Got to go. The timer's blaring. Cornbread/beans/greens ready!!!

Vickie
12-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Sandra, I'd LOVE some cornbread. I'll be right over!

Katpo
12-30-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm behind in reading already! Just wanted to pop in and say hey.

I just finished one quilt (pink and brown, the one for our waitress) and am starting another. I have an order for two aprons that I should be making but one is for a 4-year-old and I need to borrow the child next door to measure her as a pattern. They aren't home so that'll have to wait a while. The quilt I'm starting is green and blue and will be for some future, yet-to-be-conceived grandchild. I'm making a few ahead in case something happens to me.

Yesterday I cleaned out the fridge and threw out all the Christmas leftovers, so now I'm having to cook. :( I guess it's a good time to get back on the regular eating schedule and plan though.

I have been stockpiling crosses for the wall. There's a wall in the upstairs living room that's screaming for something like this, so I've been buying them for a few months. I'm making goals for lifestyle changes to coincide with January 1. At the end of each week that I stick to it, I will hang a cross and log it in my journal. These weekly milestones will hopefully help to break bad habits and re-establish new ones.

Prayers and hugs for you all.

sloanie
12-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Vickie, you are so sweet. I wish we all lived closer, too. What fun we would have. I appreciate your vote of confidence, but I have not heard of the Philadelphia chromosome. I have just read up on it, though. It sounds like having the chromosome used to be very serious, but with this new drug that Robin will be on, cure rates have really improved.

Nancy, I'm so glad that Robin is feeling better. Sounds like his docs are on top of things, too. When a loved one is sick, it is so easy to project yourself into the future, but the truth is that we don't know what tomorrow will bring, and God works miracles, even today. Sometimes those miracles are unexplained, and sometimes those miracles come through the application of modern medicine. I'm praying for one of those miracles for Robin. I'm also praying for peace that passes all understanding for you!

Jojo, I hit the sales, too. I got two beautiful curtain rods for my living room for $8.50 each. They had been $30 each; too good to pass up!

Sandra, your lunch sounds good. Do you have enough for one more?

GTG get some work done! bbl

nancy237
12-30-2010, 03:23 PM
My cold.
I had those cold symptoms Monday and rested Mon & Tues away from the hospital. I was able to go shop for things that he had mentioned like a bigger clock, favorite popsicles, softer toothbrush ect .
Then by Wed am the Dr cleared me to be back in the room because I don't
have any cough, sneezing or symptoms.
His daughter stayed with him while I wasn't able to so it gave them some time ..

He has been writing notes to each family member but they aren't really like
"final parting notes" I just think of them as thoughts that he wants to share while everyone is paying attention. We have some youth in our extended family
that are headed down bad paths and he hopes his wisdom may help them.

Funny story..I am holding up pretty good but the emotions are close to the surface..I was shopping at Walmart getting the things for him and the regular checkout line was 15-20 people deep. I quickly counted my items and thought I was near 20 so I got in the express line. As I was putting my stuff
on the checkout counter the man behind me said gruffly "I thought this was the 20 item line " I looked at him and the tears came and I started babbling
& crying about being sorry, I tried to count, hubby in the hospital, just getting him his favorite stuff, how tired I was yadayada. He looked like
a deer in the headlights and assured me it was okay... I bet he never
does that again LOL

Tejas
12-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Nancy, one day when I went to see my late husband in the hospital the door to the hallway to the patients' was closed and locked. There was no sign on the door, just a closed, locked door. That was it. I fell to the ground in a heap of tears. Those emotions are right THERE. Respect them. That man's turn will come, and hopefully he will remember your situation.

I've spent all day dealing with difficult issues related to my brother. He is likely being thrown out of an assisted living place and we have no way to take care of him. We have everyone we can find working on it, but the crisis is upon us soon.

Then, I had to find out why I don't have my Medicare number, only to find out that the person who said that she was taking care of it, isn't. It should be sorted out on Tuesday. But, that is a minor tribulation.

Kathy, your plan sounds good, and I hope it helps you.

BBL

ontarget
12-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Nancy, it breaks my heart reading what you and Robin are going through. I admire your courage and also Robin's determination to reach out to help others. I am keeping you both in my prayers.

Rhonda, I didn't realize you were having to deal with those issues with your brother. I hope all goes well and everything is solved in a way that's beneficial for all of you. And your telling about that incident at the hospital? That is so sad. I am always impressed with your upbeat attitude. I can tell you work at having it. You're another strong woman.

Sloan and Vickie, we still have leftovers. Curtis ate beans, greens, and cornbread for dinner while I (the dieter) ate leftover nachos. (12 pts)

Our company stayed a bit over 3 hours. We had a great time and they had fun flinging arrows. We all were outside in the sunshine part of the time. I feel healthier now. Think I needed some sunshine and visiting.

Tejas
12-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Sandra, and others...you know the character Weezer in Steel Magnolias? The one played by Shirley MacLain? Weezer is my alter-ego. "I've just been in a bad mood for 46 years"!

Then, there is Lucy in Peanuts! "Even crabby people need a kiss on the nose"!

My kind of women!!!!!

ontarget
12-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Know those characters well. Cuz, you are amazing!

sloanie
12-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Nancy, I'm sending you another PM. Just stuff that does not need to be public. I, too, am so sorry that you and Robin are having to go through this! Having been through the lymphoma thing with my dad, I can only imagine how your head is spinning. Please try and take care of yourself. I'll remind you of a story that I shared a while back. I heard someone say that since we are called by Jesus to serve others we stand in the way of that calling if we don't allow others to help us. I shared that with my friend when her husband was ill several years ago, and she still reminds me of it. She said it allowed her to accept help without any guilt. Please reach out to family and friends and ask for what you need. Many people will want to help, but will not know what to do. If you ask them, it takes the pressure off. Also, don't forget to let us know how we can be praying!!

Rhonda, I'm sorry about the trouble with your brother. I hope someone can give you some good advice. Hang in there!

Sandra, I have not started tracking, yet. I did buy a little ww points calculator and plan to start tracking on Monday. I know I should be tracking now, but ....... oh well!

ontarget
12-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Sloan, if I weighed 136, I wouldn't be in any hurry to track either. I think you're doing amazingly well.

nancy237
12-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Sloan..I haven't read the PM but thought the phrase about our calling to help
very touching. I have never heard it put that way. My cousin lost her husband last year and her willingness to accept help taught me a lot. She would ask me to do things like come help her rearrange her bedroom and we would have such a great time and I felt so good knowing I was helping her. It made me realize that people really do want to help and I have been good about letting others take care of daily things so I can focus on Robin. This will be a long battle and I
can't do this alone for sure.
Thanks chicks for your support...we sure do see each other through a lot don't
we. I wish we all lived in the same town.

ontarget
12-30-2010, 10:12 PM
So do I, Nancy.

Tejas
12-30-2010, 10:57 PM
When my husband was ill, and we went to Israel (his home country), I couldn't thank his friends enough. One of them finally said to me: stop thanking me, I'm doing this for myself too.

Rhonda

jojo23
12-31-2010, 01:34 AM
Nancy when things get serious you find support and comfort in places, and from people, you would never expect. Don't forget, the footsteps prayer. It's very true.

Anybody heard from Maryann? I imagine her with a sled and team of dogs trying to get home!

Snow all gone here thank goodness, just grey damp fog now. As things thaw, burst pipes make themselves known and plumbers are very busy. When we were in town, we saw the pawn shop owner sweeping the water out of his shop.

Happy new year to all. We are spending it sitting by the fire, and will be glad when this horrid year is behind us.

nancy237
12-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Tomorrow is one more day Of Chemo(day 11) and then I think the next 2 weeks are just dealing with side effects and waiting to get the 4 week bone marrow biopsy results.

His liver function results continue to improve .

I now understand why cancer survivors feel like they can overcome anything!

ontarget
12-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Nancy, I hope all continues to go well. Remember to take care of yourself.

JoJo, we're experiencing good weather down here. Usually we have 1 or 2 ice storms a year. So far we haven't had one this winter.

I went shopping today and got 3 new tops--smaller than what I had been wearing!! I also got a smaller pair of black jeans. Life is good!

We're going to a small get together this evening with friends. I'm taking a vegetable tray/dip--and Diet Coke. Party animal, aren't I?

Have a safe New Year's Eve, everyone!

Tejas
12-31-2010, 09:45 PM
Well, this party animal is home now Sandra. Are you still out?

We had a nice dinner out with family members and are now going to watch PBS--the Philharmonic with Lang Lang, whom we saw in Toronto.

Happy New Year, everyone. :newyear:

ontarget
01-01-2011, 12:03 AM
We're home now, too. Just checked my lottery ticket. Didn't win. Don't know what I'd d with over $200 million anyway.

Happy New Year, everyone!

:newyear:

sloanie
01-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Happy New Year, y'all!!

pam920
01-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Happy New Year all

Vickie
01-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Good Afternoon Chicks and a Happy 2011 to us all!

Nancy....prayers continue for you and Robin.

Tejas
01-01-2011, 03:54 PM
now, here is a serious problem: my pie crusts are just not as good as they used to be!

ontarget
01-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Oh no! Rhonda, what's happening?

Curtis is working with Sam (archer) and I'm just sitting here chillin'. Lazy day.

Tejas
01-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Oh no is right! What southern woman can withstand having her pie crusts fail!

I decided that the humidity is lower here than it is in Toronto, and that the flour here really needs more moisture. I threw out the first attempt and just added LOTS more water, plus 1t of vinegar....the final product was much improved. The day was saved!

I hope you've all had a good day and evening. I had a massage and my meal was a success. What more could a woman want?!

Rhonda

nancy237
01-01-2011, 11:54 PM
I wanted you girls to know how much your thoughts and prayers mean.

At the end of a long day I love to check our site and see what is going on
& be encouraged by your notes..

Thanks chicks ..you,re the best

Things are going well..More later..

jojo23
01-02-2011, 02:01 AM
Morning all. Just popped in to say that we are going away for a few days. The snow has gone and the temperatures feel quite tropical after all that ice! Our friends have a little holiday on an estuary which is teeming with wildlife and water fowl, we shall be in seventh heaven. There is a also anice shopping centre a few miles inland from it, and the sales are on so what more does a girl want:D
We shall be back next Sunday, and boy will I need to lose weight by them;):dizzy:
Don't forget now Nancy We will still be hanging in there for you and your family even though on holiday.
As you know, we hope to move house this year. Wouldn't it be great if we could all live in the same little community?

sloanie
01-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Mornin' chickies, I'm getting fatter and fatter! My sister and I have set January 4th as "D" day. We will celebrate my mom's 78th birthday tomorrow then all the foolish eating will be done. We won't have any "special" celebrations until Valentine's day, so hopefully a few pounds will be gone by then.

Nancy, I'm glad we are encouraging to you. Being so far apart makes it seem like we are not really doing anything, so it's nice to know that we make a difference in your day. I will keep praying and expecting God to do awesome things in this situation.

Jojo, your holiday sounds so relaxing. I can just picture the setting! Have a great time, and don't worry about your eating. There will be time to get that under control when you get back. We have all said how nice it would be if we all lived near each other. I think we would make a great team!

Sandra, I just got my lottery ticket yesterday. Wish me luck!

Rhonda, I loved your posts about the pie crusts. I have to admit that this southern girl uses pre-made. Glad yours turned out.

Vickie, hugs to you and Jim. How are y'all doing?

Hey to the rest of you chickies :D

Vickie
01-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Good Morning Chicks! The scale is still up so I assume that this is real damage. Should be about 3 pounds up tomorrow. I enjoyed myself so I guess I can say it was worth it. I'm back on the wagon.

JoJo, have fun!

Sloan, it's good to set a time to get back on the wagon.

Rhonda, pie crusts! I'm available for testing.

Jim and I will be bums again today but tomorrow will be crazy with errands and such. I'm going to surf and read and watch movies. The only thing I won't be doing is eating badly.

Sandra, how is the new WW plan? I'm still interested and tempted.

Tejas
01-02-2011, 02:27 PM
What a day already. My family normally eats breakfast together at a local cafe on Sunday morning and this morning we were joined by others and had about 9 of us at the table. I really enjoy these weekly gatherings, especially since I lived so far away from them for decades.

Then, I went to see my trainer who needed to see people today because he is attending a funeral tomorrow. I can now do 10 military pushups, followed by 10 more on an incline. I can do 20 walking lunges, with good form. I absolutely love feeling strong. This year the focus will be on more of that and less fat on this strong frame I'm developing. I've put on a few pounds with all the holiday goodies, too...but, it will come off of us all, I'm sure.

Have a great trip, Jojo.

Sloan, premade pie crusts? :eek: I'm joking, of course. WHY NOT use them, they're good and certainly less work.

Nancy, I'm glad to hear that our notes and thoughts are helping you. You know that we are all sending you all the good wishes and prayers that we have got! :grouphug:

Rhonda

Vickie
01-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Geez, Nancy....how could I have forgotten to speak to you and Robin? I am holding the best of thoughts for all of you that Robin is getting stronger and better every moment.

Speaking of strong...Rhonda, you are amazing!

I'm off to make FF thousand island dressing for Honey Lamb!

ontarget
01-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Nancy, I am also really glad to be giving you moral support. We're all here for you and will be doing what we can for you and Robin.

Rhonda, I'll bet you're not only my favorite cousin, but you're also my strongest. You're an inspiration.

Vickie, I'm loving Points Plus. The last couple of days I've even had probems getting in all my points. That's not like me for sure.

sloanie
01-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Vickie, although I was only serious with points plus for a few days, I can honestly say that I am looking forward to starting on the fourth. The plan is so much less restrictive, in my opinion. I love the fact that fruit is free, because I get crazy when I run out of points and am still hungry. Try it, you'll like it!

Tejas
01-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Just another brag: I also did the following today. From a Sumo squat position, I jumped up to a slightly raised platform while holding the squat position, then jumped back to the floor, still in the squat position. I did this about 5 times.

:rofl:

ontarget
01-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Wow! Sounds intense to me.