Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default I need some motivation

I am lacking motivation horribly!!!
I need some help!
I went to the store the other day to try on some clothes. nothing fit! It was so disappointing. It was a true indicator of how big I have gotten.
I am currently 185 lbs and would like to eventually be like 145.
I am supposed to be going to visit family I havent seen in 5 years, and some even ten years, in April. I would like to lose about 20 pounds by then, which I think is possible.
Any tips on how to do this? How can I stay motivated?
armygirl808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #2  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I know it sounds kind of cliche...but you could put up pictures of the family you're going to visit to help with the motivation. Put them on your bedroom mirror,the fridge,by the front door or in your car. whereever you feel you need the motivation. Such as if you over eat, you'll see them on the fridge. Or if you have a hard time going to work out, you'll see them in your car or by the front door waiting for you.
This is something you want to do for yourself, but sometimes it helps where you know there is someone else your doing it for. that always helps to motivate me.
It's always a little better then that looming red circle on the calender that is your deadline.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Yes very good idea Sakai I keep my bathing suit (which i bought many sizes to small for me last summer and never wore) hanging in my bedroom so im reminded of how bad i want to fit in it this coming summer. Just pick a plan and stick with it! Nothing happens overnight.
WeightForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:39 AM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I think working out is very inspiring actually and it gives you one more way to gauge your progress instead of just size and weight because you notice that you can do a little bit more exercise each week and that's quite empowering! Also, not to be a downer, but I'd like to mention that it's not so much about motivation as commitment. Motivation can wax and wane but a commitment to reach your goal means you're going to do what it takes regardless of how motivated you are on any given day. On the other hand, having a short term goal like a family reunion or a party is a great tool that may push you to do more. I definitely think you can lose 20 lbs. by April as long as you stick to your plan.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Thanks so much for your help!!!! It is nice to know that there are so many other people out there going through the same thing I am.
And luckymommy, that is very true, it is about commitment, and that is what I struggle with.
armygirl808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #6  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I go through spurts where I lack motivation for a week or so, and then I get it back and work out every day for two weeks. I say listen to your body and find something that gets you moving. To get myself motivated, I tell myself that doing 30 minutes of cardio is so easy to fit in because it is just 30 minutes! I don't have kids yet, so I have the time, but everyone's available time is different. If I have a night ahead of me where I can just sit on the couch and watch 2 hours of TV, I really try to motivate myself to hop on the treadmill or do leg lifts, situps, etc. for 30 minutes.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #7  
banned

Default Ready your mind

Motivation is just never on sale, and if you find some it's hard to maintain. First of all, you need to ask yourself why you really pursue the weight loss. Losing weight is no mystery, it's plain simple, burn more than you eat! and there's a million ways to do that, some more effective than others. The true issue is motivation, no pill will help you here, this is all you! Lack of motivation is a safe road to the yo-yo effect where you lose and gain weight forever.

So number 1 work your motivation, tell yourself why, talk with others about the benefits, join others, dream about your goal, for instant use alternative resources like the weight simulation photo on Instantthin.com. By all means ready your mind for the long battle.

Weight loss is one thing, but maintaining a sustainable weight loss is another matter. Want to tighten up for vacation, life on raw food and pills for 3 months, but sure you will gain it all again, it's not sustainable.

Want a sustainable weight loss, set small goals for yourself and be proud like **** when reached, take that success and add it to the ever empty bowl of motivation. Don't change your foods into something you can't live with forever, be course that's the deal, you need to stick with your changes

You can do it!

Plainflat
plainflat is offline   Reply With Quote