South Beach Diet - Christmas Weekend

View Full Version : Christmas Weekend

BellaLucia
12-25-2010, 01:06 AM
Merry Christmas! Thank the Lord, his birthday is upon us! I'm grateful for family and friends! I will not be exercising today. Even God rested, lol. I will be eating beans, fish, oranges (2) and chicken for my meals today. I went to Church at 10:30 yesterday but I was late. I don't like being late for Church but at least I showed up for my Lord and Savior.

The Last Noel
12-25-2010, 01:27 AM
Happy Holidays! Cheerful Festivius! Feliz Navidad! Joyful Kwanzaa! Happy Hannukah! A good Eib Al-Hadah! And of course a Merry Christmas too!

(It's raining here so I'm being extra optimistic)

BellaLucia
12-25-2010, 01:49 AM
Lol The Last Noel, enjoy your Christmas!

Natasha1534
12-25-2010, 04:19 AM
Merry Christmas!!! I'm working today, but I will be getting up bright and early to have Christmas brunch w/ my cousins and then skeedaddling over to my older brother's house to have lunch w/ them. I finally figured out how to torture my niece and nephew. Every year I have to come up w/ a new way to make them work for the money I give them. One year I rolled up 5 $20 bills and put them inside large glass ornaments filled w/ that plastic grass stuff you put in Easter baskets...then I gave them a pair of tweezers to pull it all out with, LOL This year I'm putting their money in a ziploc bag and placing it in the middle of a bottle of water which will then be frozen. Tee hee!!!

I did get a chance to attend Christmas Eve communion last night w/ my mom. It was a nice service...I enjoyed it.

I hope this Christmas morning finds you all blessed and happy to be here. Even though I'll be spending my Christmas night w/ co-workers, I'm happy to be surrounded by family and friends on other nights and I know I'm blessed to be in much better health than I was 10 months ago!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

cottagebythesea
12-25-2010, 06:05 AM
:tree: Merry Christmas! :tree:

Okie, have a joyous and happy day!

Natasha, I bet your niece and nephew look forward to their gifts from you every year! Your day sounds busy and fun, and I hope you manage to get some sleep before going back to work tonight.

It looks Santa paid us a visit overnight and left some presents under the tree! :present: Jake is still asleep, so I'd better not open anything, though. :devil:

After we have our coffee and open our gifts to each other, we'll get ready and meet up with my brother and SIL to drive over to NJ to my DD's for Christmas brunch, then we'll get back home in time for my DS and his family to come over for dinner. I can barely wait to see my granddaughter, Caitlyn, who's up from Texas for the week. I haven't seen her since August! :)

Have a wonderful and happy day, each and every one of you!

Heidi58
12-25-2010, 07:03 AM
Good morning and Merry Christmas!

We're getting ready to leave for Massachusetts in a couple of minutes. I've got the car packed but my husband and kids are still sleepwalking around the house. :lol:

Have a wonderful, joyous day!

Lexxiss
12-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

Best wishes to all my SBD friends today! I'm up early hoping to putter around peacefully for at least an hour and maybe two. :crossed: Brunch is at Mom's at 9 and I'm going to bake something SBD friendly since her pumpkin bread is full of my 3 trigger foods, especially in combination; white sugar, flour and oil. They are talking about going on an outing but we are thinking we'll stay home with the pups since dinner is at our house. Last night we got home just in time to meet at a restaurant which was closing at 7. We had to make the decision to rouse Rudi and be late to dinner or to just peek in the window and assure ourselves he was fine until after dinner. He was fine but had certainly missed us.
Have a good day everyone, whatever you are doing. I'm off to make coffee!

CyndiM
12-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Good morning my early morning friends and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. We are almost done with our festivities. We had gifts and dinner with my parents last night. They enjoyed the little NM slide show DW made them and we all had a lovely evening together. Today we will meet them for brunch after they return from mass, then on the road and back home for us. With family so spread around there are more small celebrations, nice in their own way.

Okie - Hope your day is joyous

Natasha - it always sounds like fun with your family. Hope work is quiet and you enjoy your family time

Cottage - Hope it's a wonderful day for you and the family.

Heidi - wishing safe travels and a peace filled and special family day to all

Debbie - hope the day is just the right mix of peaceful and fun

Hoping for a just right day and safe travels for all my South Beach friends

BellaLucia
12-25-2010, 07:38 AM
God bless u CyndiM and others!

WaistingTime
12-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Merry and happy, everyone!

Ruthxxx
12-25-2010, 10:19 AM
I wish all of you the warmth of the hearth, the smiles of those you love, and the peace of God in your hearts.

annieoh
12-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!

We're on our year and I'm struggling to find my good cheer, but really love hearing about the great times other folks are having. :)

weezle
12-25-2010, 01:21 PM
:tree::snowball1:clause::ginger::candy::santa: :hohoho::elf::mrsclaus::xcheer::gift2::tree:

MEERRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weezle
12-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Christmas lunch with Chris' family and Anna's mom - Done. Getting ready to head to my parents' to see them, Ryan and his wife, Kara, and the wiener dogs. At least the roads are plowed today....

Hope everyone is having a glorious day filled with peace and happiness! :D

Lisa

BelovedK
12-25-2010, 11:29 PM
I hope everyone has had a festive and peaceful holiday!!!!

I am not doing well in the eating department, but am getting to the point where I will have to do something about it (ie start P1 again)

Went to the DR and finally got a pregnancy blood test after actually skipping totally my TOM, came back negative. Trying to view it in a positive light even though it is hard.

I just wanted to check in to let you all know I have not given up, or disappeared.

I'll likely be on tomorrow for personals :)

BellaLucia
12-26-2010, 03:05 AM
You can always get back on track BelovedK! I wish you well! See u later today!

cottagebythesea
12-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Good Sunday morning! :coffee:

A blizzard is on it's way and our coffee pot broke, so we're heading out early to get a new one and pick up a newspaper before the snow starts flying.
I know it's going to be crazy out there! :dizzy:

I'm making a big dinner today, too, but now I'm wondering if anyone will be able to make it. Monica, Caitlyn, and Carley are coming out by train and will stay over if it gets too bad, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens. :)

Ruthxxx
12-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Good morning and Happy Second Day of Christmas. I could hear those darned turtle doves cooing before seven. Don't they know it's Sunday and Boxing Day?

Cottage, I do hope the snow is minor for you and that your darling "girls" get there safely. Hugs to all.

Today the dogs and I are off to Ottawa to "Christmas" with my son, DIL and grand daughter Tayler. Wendy is doing a lunch = probably pizza! Tayler is very excited since we all usually spend the Day at her other grandma's house. This time I'll be seeing her toys and her tree. It should be interesting and fun as they have an extremely hyper Boston terrier who goes happy nuts around other dogs.

Boxing day is a big shopping day here too. I've already been on Amazon.ca and ordered a GPS - Reg $279 for $99! I really don't need it around Delta :lol: but do plan some wee car trips in 2011. Maybe Vermont or PA. ;)

Time for breakfast and then a few gifts to organize before I take off for the big city. I hope your day is lovely. :cofdate:

CyndiM
12-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Good morning :coffee2: Ruth you just made my day. I actually smiled before coffee!

We slept in today, for real. Each of us managed more than 8 hours, that never happens. The next week is ours with very little planned away from home. I do have a lot of cleaning and cooking I'd like to do but there just might be some naps too.

Debbie, Lisa, Karen :wave:

Annie - I hope you found some peace and calm in your day.

Beloved - the last two days were nothing I'm going to brag about either. Time to hop back on in a big way and get this train back on track. Let's get started.

Okie - Is the snow heading to you too? I didn't look to see how far south it's hitting this time.

Cottage - I'm off to the grocery store soon too. It's the worst time for a storm - we are post trip and post holiday so our stocks haven't been replenished. I'll be looking for beans, veggies and bird seed for sure. Would it be so bad if your girls got snowed in over night?

Ruth - Have a lovely day in Ottawa.

Okay, I'm going to check out some recipe ideas and make my grocery list. I'm hoping to beat the crowds a little but it's probably too late already.

Heidi58
12-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Good morning all! :wave:
Cyndi, sounds like you and Julie have a great week planned!
Linda, what a nice way for Monica and the girls to spend the blizzard. :)
Ruth, what a deal on the gps!
Okie, Karen, Debbie, Lisa and all :hug:

No after Christmas bargain shopping for me this year - No money left. :lol:

We're heading off to church in a few minutes and we will shop for groceries on the way home. My mom gave me an electric pressure cooker for Christmas and I'm anxious to try out one of Kalyn's bean recipes in it this afternoon. :)

WaistingTime
12-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Good morning all!

For me, phase one begins again today. I need it! I got lots of healthy living stuff for Christmas including a hula hoop (thanks for the idea Heidi) and P90X. Can't do the hoop or the core stuff until I after I see the doctor in January so may or may not wait to start the P90X program. My exercise has been slacking and I need to start kicking my own butt again!

Lexxiss
12-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Good Morning:sunny:

We had a very nice day yesterday, although quite busy since we were hosting dinner. When DH grumbled a little bit, I reminded him that we should have done all the cleaning the day before when we were hanging out with my brothers at the mall having a good time. It worked, and we made it through our day in peace.:lol: We finally opened our gifts to each other after everyone was gone. Dinner was healthy and I didn't overeat.

Today Mom is taking us to the country club for brunch and then my bros are leaving. It's sure been great having them here. I plan to eat sensibly. Fortunately, there are many good choices (and many bad).

Natasha, how did the frozen gifts go over?

Linda, I hope your day turns out good, despite the weather.

Heidi, the electric pressure cooker is especially good for beans! I have a Cuisinart. What brand is yours??

Cyndi, great that you got to sleep in! I hope your shopping trip isn't too busy!

Okie, have a great OP day today!

Karen, yay for healthy living stuff! Perhaps you could focus on walking while you are waiting for the DR report. Thats what I'm doing, in fact, you just reminded me to get a walk in today.

Annie, :hug: I hope you're feeling better today! Congrats on your WL! You have met your first goal and are steaming ahead!

Lisa, you sure had a family filled day!

BelovedK, I know that you have not given up or disappeared! I truly believe when you keep posting that you WILL succeed. You've had alot on your proverbial plate lately.

Ruth, what a great deal on the GPS! I'm like Heidi, though, no more money!
Have a fun time in Ottawa.

Wow! I just realized that it is a beautiful morning and the pavement is dry. My bros are going to make a call for Starbucks and I'm going to ride my bike down. I'll just put it on the bike rack for the trip home.

Have a great day, everyone!

cottagebythesea
12-26-2010, 10:22 AM
It's insane out there! We were out by 7 to try to avoid the crowds, but apparently everyone else had the same idea. :dizzy: What a madhouse! I think the roads are more dangerous now than if it actually started snowing, LOL!

I have the laundry started and the turkey in the oven, regardless of company showing up or not, and now I'm going to enjoy the papers and a cup of tea.

Ruth ~ you made out great on the GPS. I hope you put it to good use! ;) Have a nice Boxing Day with your family in Ottawa!

Cyndi ~ It looks like you're right in the line for this snowstorm, too, and I hope you get your shopping done before the madness starts! I'm hoping Monica and the girls DO stay overnight, as I'll probably have tomorrow off, and I'll get to spend more time with Caitlyn. :)

Heidi ~ have fun with your new pressure cooker! I've never seen an electric one before and am going to look it up. ;)

Karen ~ have a great Phase 1 start today! Do you have your menus all planned out for the next few days? You've reminded me that I have to start nagging Jake to get my hula hoop made. He insisted it wouldn't make sense for me to buy one when he has all the stuff to make me one. But so far I haven't seen him working on it. :mad: He has off this next week, so I'll give him an ultimatum to either make me one or I'm buying one on the weekend. ;)

The teakettle is shrilling, so I'm off to make my tea. I hope you all have a safe and happy day!

cottagebythesea
12-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Good morning, Debbie! I'm glad you had a peaceful and happy day yesterday, and enjoy your lunch at the club today!

BellaLucia
12-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Hey Debbie, glad u had a great day!