100 lb. Club - Christmas Day Plan?

View Full Version : Christmas Day Plan?

socalfelicity
12-23-2010, 05:07 PM
What are your food plans for Christmas Day?

Are you calorie counting? Not worrying about it? Avoiding sweets? Indulging?

I am making Christmas dinner for my family- not sure what's on the menu yet (yikes!) but I like that i will have some control over it. what i don't like is that i will SO want to nibble while i'm cooking...

I am almost more worried about a holiday party we have tonight- it's wine and dessert...my most wickedly tempting combination!

so- what are your plans?

DixC Chix
12-23-2010, 05:21 PM
I have a plan for the first time in my life.

I have already logging most of the food in my WW point calculator. Quantity is the only variable.

I will take my dog for a walk!! She'll need to walk off some of her treats, too!

I will have a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle on the breakfast nook table to keep us busy and not grazing.

And I am not worrying about it. My focus is on my company and having fun not how many calories or points I might be using. Sunday is soon enough for the tallying.

And Monday is the reckoning!!! Hahaha!

criss
12-23-2010, 05:23 PM
I work for Christmas and therefore miss out on the food, but if I were having to deal with it, I would just eat in moderation. Maybe even eat a big healthy snack before Christmas dinner so I'd be less inclined to overeat on unhealthy food.

PinkHoodie
12-23-2010, 05:40 PM
My plan is no seconds. I can have limited portions of whatever I want, but one plate is enough. And I will make sure my slice of pie is a SLICE. Not half the pie. LOL. Sunday starts detox for me!

nelie
12-23-2010, 06:00 PM
We are having our Christmas dinner tomorrow.

I am having it catered as I ordered it from a local restaurant and I'll pick it up and reheat.

My plan lately has been no snacks, period. My plan for tomorrow probably is to eat 2 meals instead of 3 or count desert as my 3rd meal. Basically I'll eat breakfast, I'll eat a late lunch/early dinner of the catered food and that is it. I'll preportion out my meal, no seconds, no snacks.

KatMarie
12-23-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm calorie counting and staying on plan. Anytime I've eaten some little thing I shouldn't, I get the cravings back and feel sluggish. My family has been here for a week already and everyday has been a feast of some kind for them. I sit at the table with them, enjoy the conversation, but eat my own food, not the high calorie yuck on the table. It was hard the first couple of days, all the smells and watching them scarf it down, but it's easier now and very empowering to resist it. I feel strong and in control and I'm not going to risk it. We're having prime rib. I'll have a small piece of that, raw veggies (no dip) and some plain green beans, that's it. I'll leave the breads, pies, cheeses, dips, potatoes and gravy to them.

lazylioness
12-23-2010, 06:59 PM
I am making "on plan" foods.

Prime Rib and lots of roasted green yummyness. Sugar free Pumpkin cheesecake (just enough for the 8 of us no left overs) and then whatever IS left I am likely sending away with the parentals LOL

Of course as I say that here at the office is full of treats all week and I have not been very careful about eating them LOL.

goal4agirl
12-23-2010, 07:18 PM
We will be having grilled t-bone steaks, garlic bread, greenbean casserole and chef salad. I plan to eat that large meal. I will also make some deserts. For Christmas day I want a sample of each desert.
Then the day after I will count the cost :s:
I ate like this for Thanksgiving and I gained about 2 Lbs. I have looked forward to this- so I will just have to back peddle a little bit.
:hungry: :eating2: :gift: :barbell: :candy: :clause:

Nola Celeste
12-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Same as my Thanksgiving plan, which worked wonderfully. :)

I'm counting calories and recording everything just as I usually do. I plan to eat maintenance calories instead of loss calories; for me, that means 2100 instead of my usual 1500. (Of course, I don't have to eat all of them--it's totally okay if I only feel like eating 1800 or so--but there's room for a spoonful of stuffing here and there.)

Thanksgiving didn't give me an upward bounce and I don't expect Christmas will, either--but if it does, I won't panic because I know it won't be significant fat gain.

sept15lija
12-23-2010, 09:26 PM
I'll be counting and staying within my calorie budget, and eating everything in moderation. We do a Christmas breakfast with DH's familiy and a christmas dinner with my family - I think I'll split my calories fairly evenly between the two with maybe a bit leftover for a small snack in the afternoon.

EvilGidget
12-23-2010, 09:56 PM
I am planning on eating in moderation... I'm not going to try to count, I think that would just be impossible since I'm not cooking all the food... so, I'll try to make the best choices I can, and have as few "treats" as possible... it is Christmas after all... I expect a gain, I just don't want too big of one ;)

Good luck ladies :)

Trazey34
12-23-2010, 10:41 PM
I've had the same plan the last 3 years. My mom's turkey dinner is a thing of beauty, and I refuse to have substitutions for a one meal affair. I can say no to the sweets and booze, but I allow myself to have a large plate of all my dinner favourites, enjoy it and savour it, and then it's over. I take home the white meat (since no one else likes it) and have it in sandwiches for a week, I love it! It's a meal, a day at the most, not a month LOL

CanadianCutie
12-23-2010, 10:52 PM
I am planning on enjoying the company of my new found family (fiance's family), we're actually making the announcement on Christmas when we go over to his Mom's house. They're making turkey, and all the trimmings. I'm making homemade cupcakes, and taking healthy snacks (an apple and some clementines) to snack on while I'm there. Also taking my crocheting to work on while we talk, his mom always does sewing by hand, so it won't be considered rude.

twinmommaplusone
12-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Already Planned :-)

Brunch-
egg
whole wheat toast slice
1/2 cup of hashbrown
3-4 slices of bacon- oh my fave!
Coffee

Dinner-
Vegetable Lasagna- 1 slice.

shcirerf
12-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Our original Christmas dinner plans have been canceled because my MIL who was going to do it, has the flu.

So, I picked up a small turkey, the ingredients for stuffing, and a few other things. I'll be making a small dinner for just hubby and I. It will make it easy to stay away from all the bad stuff.:D

Loving Me
12-24-2010, 03:09 AM
We are having a buffet at home as hubby is on call christmas day and the meal would be ruined if he got called in. Having a buffet means if he does get called in the food won't ruin and he can eat when he gets home.
I have put a lot of thought into how I'm going to handle things and have decided, like last year, I'm going to have a SMALL portion of all the foods I like, then that's it, no going back for more. And I'm determined to eat those small portions SLOWLY and savour every single bite.
Boxing Day (26th) will be back on plan, then we are having our traditional christmas dinner on the 27th. I will do the same again then with the portions, and then back totally on plan again the next day.
One thing I'm determined to do this year is keep my water intake up. As soon as my routine is changed I usually forget the water, and I know it can't help. So as well as any other drinks I'm going to make sure I drink my usual water amount.
I know I'm probably going to gain a couple of pounds, but I'm prepared for it, I know most of it will be water weight, and I'm going to get back totally on plan again afterwards and am aiming to hit my final goal early in the New Year.

Ky30
12-24-2010, 08:00 PM
My Christmas Day plan is to eat what I want BUT stay under 1500 calories ive already decided for dinner I will have 4oz of ham, 1 deviled egg, 1 biscuit, and alot of brocelli on my plate NO mashed potatoes and gravy for me or corn because corn makes me sick I will have a pieace of pie but no cookies and I WILL stay under 1500 calories and I WILL drink all my water for the day.

lottie63
12-24-2010, 08:15 PM
My fam is a mess. I'm alone this xmas. bf is going down home tonight to see his fam.

I'm sending the cookies and such I had baked down with him cuz I'm super sad and don't trust myself to NOT eat the entire pan of peanut butter blondies.

The Last Noel
12-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Abstain from the hot cocoa and considerable sweets my mother will likely have stacked all over. :(

19Deltawifey
12-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Well since we are military we live far away from family and it will only be me, DH, and our 2 kiddos. It's pretty easy to stay on plan. My plan is to log everything no matter what, I'm on WW and I weigh most of my food.

Rosinante
12-25-2010, 03:47 AM
Change of plan! :D
It Had been to have a little bit of anything, logged and only up to my normal calorie budget (1400).

However, yesterday I had plenty of gaps left in the budget to allow for a couple of cookies, which I duly ate. They were great, and I didn't allow the glimmer of a craving to make me eat more.

HOWEVER

Boy, did I suffer for those cookies!! All night I felt sick, and like someone was plaiting my insides while simultaneously pouring bile over them. Ewwww. Even this morning I still feel pretty grim, and have had to take a Migraleve pink to try and stave off the sick headache. Ho ho ho huh! Still, if too much sweet makes me feel This Bad, you may believe I won't be straying that way again!!

have good days, all! :hug:

Lizz
12-25-2010, 08:46 AM
I am visiting my parents over the holidays and my Mom is an insanely good cook. Also, I might need to add that hospitability in my country is measured by the amount of food that the host offers and the more a guest eats, the more polite he is being. Good thing I am staying with my family and could tell them upfront that I have been working on some changes for my diet so that my Mom was aware that I am not being ungrateful for her cooking and all the work she has put into the preparations. :D

I am counting calories over Christmas, just like before, and try to eat a little bit of everything that was prepared, however only in small portions. It is not always easy to stick with a small portion but so far I have been at least reasonably good. Not as good as on most non-holiday days but as long as my calorie intake stays below what I burn, I will consider it a success.

Also, I engaged my Dad in going for a walk together around town every day as long as I am visiting which is good for both of our healths and gives us a nice opportunity to talk and spend some time together.

Merry Christmas to all and I hope you are enjoying a nice holiday with your loved ones too! :)

tytbody
12-25-2010, 11:49 AM
We are going to friends within an hour .

We ate a big breakfast so we won't. Over eat there. I told my husband not to be surprised if I just have one glass of wine. I'll nurse that and be full.

For some reason, I'm Geary and really don't want to go. :?:

matt_H
12-25-2010, 07:20 PM
It was "Jewish Christmas" today with a bunch of friends. We got dim sum this morning, went to a movie, walked for a bit, then got more Chinese food. I totally overate :(. I don't even want to guess the amount of calories, but I was like a bottomless pit today. I'm still a bit hungry and there is no reason why that should be the case.

I walked to Chinatown and back to Harvard, so I did probably 8 miles of walking. That might have put a slight dent into the calories. I still feel like a glutton today.

Tommorow we are supposed to get a blizzard here in Boston and they have already declared a snow emergency. It is possible for us to get 15 to 20 inches of snow and blizzard conditions.

saef
12-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Other than opening gifts & going to mass -- oh, and serving the sides on the table at dinner, in my Blue Willow dishes, and opening a bottle of San Pellegrino -- this day was pretty much like any other.

I got in an hour at my gym, which was open from 8-2 PM today, but with classes canceled.

Dinner was prime rib, steamed broccoli, roasted green beans with toasted almonds, baked rutabaga & apples, and roasted butternut squash tossed with parmesan cheese.

We were cookie-less till a neighbor dropped off a plate of butter cookies. I'm not tempted at all.

Our local news channel is getting hysterical about the coming snowstorm. My mother is amused. In the Upstate town where I grew up & where she still lives, they already have had a total of 72 inches of snow during the month of December. (In winter, I never regret leaving that town.)

Loving Me
12-26-2010, 04:43 AM
I'm actually really proud of how I've handled the last 2 days.
My plan to have small portions of everything worked out well. I didn't choose to have everything as it turned out, and made sure I didn't go back for seconds of what I had chosen. For this girl with a terrible sweet tooth the best result was with the desserts. Rather than a bit of everything I chose the one I wanted most and just had a portion of that.
I'm only up 1lb and TOM is due tomorrow as well so actually happy with that. Today is going to be an on plan day then tomorrow we have another family meal to attend, but I'm confident after yesterday I can stay in control.
Only downer is I was supposed to be going to the gym today at some point, but hubby was on call yesterday and ended up working through the night, so he's now in bed asleep and I can't leave DD alone to go. Will maybe try to go tomorrow instead which I hadn't planned to do.

Oboegal
12-26-2010, 05:20 AM
Matt, your "Jewish Christmas" sounds really fun! Good luck with the snowstorm, likewise to saef.

I had an incredibly quiet Christmas day. Home alone the whole day, stayed on plan. There was enough snow on the sidewalks that I didn't want to walk my usual route, and the local big box store was closed, so I got in my daily walk by walking around my cul-de-sac for 32 minutes or so. Pretty boring, but I was glad I did it. I also cleared the snow off my car so it will be ready to go today.

I watched Scrooged and Horton Hears a Who, plus a few episodes of Chopped on the Food Network. As I said, pretty quiet.

If you stayed on plan or close, congratulations! If not, I hope you're able to get back on quickly.

tytbody
12-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Even though I was in a funk THE day I put in a new DVD QI workout AM/PM. It did feel good to not move fast and jerky. I'll put this down for a day when you want to bust the funk. Lol

Inthen felt so good I did my 1 mile Biggest Loser Power walk.

Today, I'm glad I did . (Sunday)