Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Well, I just had the best spaghetti ever!

Serval87
12-23-2010, 09:36 AM
And it didn't even have cheese!

:D That's big for me!

My husband made these huge venison meat balls with lots of spices like red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper and just a sprinkle of kosher salt.

Then I poked holes in a spaghetti squash and stuck it in the microwave for around 5 minutes, then turned the microwave off, and let it stand for another 5 minutes.

After, I sliced the squash in half, and clawed the innards out with a fork. It was a small squash, so we halved it.

Next, I evened out the meat balls, and opened a can of organic tomato sauce. I dumped sauce onto each pile of "noodles", and then stuck them back in the microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes each, and enjoyed!

It was delicious!

4xcharm
12-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Sounds delicious and simple. Spicy meatballs....mmmm! Lots of people recommend Spaghetti Squash as a wonderful substitute for noodles. If all I have to do is poke holes in it, I'm game. Very cute cat, with his Mickey Mouse hat!

lazylioness
12-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Spaghetti Squash is AWESOME. I do not make it in the microwave, I cut it in half and roast it with olive oil.

But it is for sure yum!

Karen925
12-23-2010, 09:12 PM
I love spaghetti squash. I always have some in the freezer, one of my 3 must haves, the other 2 being cauliflower "rice" and roasted butternut squash. I micro it 5-7 minutes to make it easier to halve, then I roast it sometimes if the oven is already going. Otherwise continue to micro it.

steinanwine
12-28-2010, 11:10 PM
I feel so behind - what is Spaghetti Squash??? Is this a specific type of squash or just squash that you somehow slice/grate into spaghetti-like strands? I probably need to start making this!

wesley587
12-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Sooo good. Is a major staple in this house! Wish I had some now...lol