Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 01:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Default What do you think....

Do you think this hair do would look ok on me. The first picture is myself(however right now my hair is down to my shoulders) and the second picture is of the hair do I have been thinking of getting. Please be honest.

Last edited by KnCmamma; 11-16-2002 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-16-2002, 04:36 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I can't see the photos. All I can see is a square that says "Image Hosted by Tripod."
Old 11-16-2002, 05:05 PM   #3  

Oh really....it shows up on my computer...

Otherwise the URL is...

http://kncmamma.tripod.com/jen_zoe.jpg
Old 11-16-2002, 05:18 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Sorry. Can't see the photos either place
Old 11-16-2002, 06:33 PM   #5  
hot mom wanna be!

ditto! no image on the posting or when you click on your link.
sorry!!
Old 11-16-2002, 07:33 PM   #6  

That's weird as it is visible no problems from my computer...

Ok trying it from a different website now...

If the image doesn't work here's the URL...

http://pages.ivillage.com/kncmamma/images/jen_zoe.jpg
Old 11-16-2002, 07:58 PM   #7  
Catwoman

I like it, your pretty enough to make it look really cute. Would you have to tease it up everyday or put stuff in to make you hair stand up? Your hair looks so silky, will the new hairdo be high maintance? Im thinking of changing my look to, Ive had the same look for over 10 years and it gets tired after awhile. Anyway I'd go for the new look it's great
Old 11-16-2002, 08:27 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

jen... some folks think that large women can't have short funky hair, but they're so very very wrong. in fact, right now, my hair is more like the 'do you want, but it's shorter.

so. i think your choice is GREAT, and if you don't really like it, it'll grow back. it's not a lifelong commitment.

GO FOR IT!!!!
Old 11-17-2002, 09:36 AM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

It would probably look better if it were a little less spiky, but still with lots of body. Also, make sure you go to a GOOD salon - none of that Supercuts stuff! All I ever do is get my hair/bangs trimmed (it's straight and to my waist), but I can tell the difference between spending $11 at Supercuts and $20 at my favorite salon.

Jif - I've never heard that big girls can't wear short hair. In fact, thinking about it, most of the big girls I know have short hair. I wonder if it's a generational thing?
Old 11-18-2002, 08:08 AM   #10  

I have been told the same about fat girls and short hair -- and I guess the rationale is that if your hair is too short it doesn't balance out with the rest of your body. Personally, I think it's less whether your hair is short and more whether your hair has volume -- i.e., if your hair is really short and thin and flat to your head, it makes your head look really small on a large body!

BUT -- I've seen large women with longer hair and it certainly doesn't make their head look any bigger, and in fact just looks wrong on them! And other large women with short hair styled nicely and it looks great.

That said, I think you would look really cute with that cut! I think Madame Hooch looks really wild and hip -- excuse me, maybe a little butch, too, but you're pretty enough to pull it off! And I'm not just pandering to you to say I think it would look cute.

Pen
265/217/150ish
Old 11-18-2002, 09:09 AM   #11  

Thanx everyone.

And I too have heard from people(my husband mostly) that short hair doesn't look right on large women. I think the reason is what Pen said about if it's flat to the head(no body to it) then yes it looks a little strange because makes the head look small thus disproportionate to the body. However this style I think will help to make my head look more proportionate to my body.

I am hoping to get it cut soon(hopefully before the beginning of December.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:49 AM   #12  

I think that the cut is a great one!!! Only I think that it looks like high maintenance and for me, with two kids the same age almost as yours, I would never be able to spend the time on it as I should and it would end up looking skraggly.
So, if you have the time and energy, I say GO FOR IT. I think that it would look fabulous on you.
Closed Thread