South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 12:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Tranquil Thursday

hursday is here! Christmas will be two days away! I'm grateful to God for everything he's brought me through! I couldn't have survive this tough year of deaths in my immediate family without him. He is helping me heal my relationship with my Father slowly but surely. The only thing I have to do tomorrow is head to the Bank to get an account. Before I go though, I'll eat vegetable soup with meat. Snacks will be three tangerines or oranges. For Lunch and Dinner, I will have stew and meat. I love meat. I wonder what Mom will cook on Christmas Day? I could go for some beans!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:03 AM   #2  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Good morning, Okie

I hope you have a Merry Christmas! I can't believe it is only 2 days away!!!!!

Is everyone ready???
Old 12-23-2010, 06:33 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Okie, I will not allow Thursday to be tyrannical today! 'Tis the season to be jolly and I had a lovely birthday party last night. Eric, who turned nine, calls himself my "single digit friend" and is really anxious to be ten and be double-digit.

Beloved, of course I'm not ready but Christmas will still come. I really look forward to Christmas Eve Church and then having my friends back fro champagne and food. I still have gifts to wrap and some cooking to do but the important things will still happen.

Right now I have to organize the trash and get it out to the road along with a Christmas card with a little tip for Jeff the garbage guy. He is a character and bought himself a white Corvette when he turned 50. Nice attitude.

God rest ye merry, Gentle Chicks!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We went to Denver last night for dinner and a movie and now it's time to take action. Family is flying in tonight and I have lots to do. I got half of Rudi brushed with my first cup of coffee now if I could just get to the other side....I think it would be a great idea to make a list today.

Food choices have been bearable because I always have salad made ahead. I get to oversee meals and have healthy ones planned. My bro and spouse are only here for 3 days...it should be a whirlwind.

I am really looking forward to settling down, in general, but especially with food. I am happier with simple these days.

everyone! Have a great day!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:01 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning After just two days at home we are off again, this time to my parents' for the holiday. It's just 2 nights away (we will head back after brunch on Christmas day) but it's hard to leave again so soon. I hope the kitties don't have any tummy issues while we are away. We are all looking forward to spending 8 whole days at home.

Okie - I picked up a box of tangerines yesterday. They are yummy this year.

Beloved - Ah, ready or not it's almost here

Ruth - It's nice to have single digit friends

Debbie - I'll meet you back here for beans and rice in 3 days. Enjoy the family time

I am really dragging my feet this morning but I guess I should start getting things together.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I'm all ready for Christmas, at least after I get back from the grocery store today. I'm heading there with a long list right after breakfast.

Debbie, I had to giggle, picturing you brushing one side of Rudi with your coffee. Do you need another cup so you can do the other side?
Old 12-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #7  

Merry Christmas BelovedK, I am so ready for Christmas to arrive!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks.

I am off to my weekly workout with my mom today (instead of tomorrow). No core work until I figure out if I do indeed have a hernia and I will lift weights carefully. I have been an exercise slug lately Tonight we are finally celebrating Hanukkah with my family, now that college son is home and Christmas house guests have left. Just a few more days and the holiday food fest will be over!

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #9  
Be happy.

Good morning, good morning!

Today is our Christmas and I'm so excited. I've got the food in the oven and the Christmas tree is lit and Christmas music playing softly and..... neither of the kids has stuck a nose out of their bedrooms yet! We don't open gifts until this afternoon anyway, but I want to visit with them. At least the 'grand cats' are up and around.

What a day I had yesterday. We ended up getting more snow and wind than expected (or at least more than I expected) so I headed to the airport right after our early release from school. It was slow going but thankfully we didn't have any major problems. My son Dan rode with me and I was especially glad for his company while we sat and waited at the airport. And waited. And waited. We got home around 1:30 this morning, and of course Fergie got up and wanted to visit, so it's no wonder I'm the only one up and around right now.

Cyndi, I need to look for your squash and cranberry casserole recipe. If it's not here I think I will google and see if I can find something similar. Beth and I love mashed sweet potato and cranberry, so I'm thinking your casserole would be right up our alley.

Oh, I hear footsteps upstairs! I'm going to skip the personals and go turn the tea kettle back on. Enjoy your day friends!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,

Everyone is busy. I have been running around too but can now sit back and enjoy a couple of days of just pampering my family. Unexpected guests for lunch (on way to Montreal from London, Ont) day after boxing day so have to start planning that.
Hope everyone has time for themselves today too.
take care
Sophie
p.s. Natasha I really enjoyed looking at Hay House, love visiting old mansions.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #11  

Height: 5ft

I'm smiling today, lost another lb whoohoo. First Christmas in my life I never touched any sweets. I hope your all doing well.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I hope nobody minds but I changed today's thread title to Tranquil from Tyrannical as I'm not going to let this day boss me around!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Sooooooooo haven't exactly been taking care of myself lately...... not good. Woke up with the shakes this morning. What, hypoglycemics can't live on cookies and pasta for one day? Yeesh, details.

Once Christmas is over, I'm back on track. I know, excuses, excuses, but I only get my mom's homemade stuffing twice a year!!!!!!!!!!!! I heart stuffing. Going to be super strict starting Jan 2 - I need to fit into a wedding dress

Very excited - starting at 5:00 tonight I am on Dipsoluscious Vacation! 10 days away from work. We're doing 3 nights of Christmas starting tonight (our house, Chris' parents' house, my parents' house.) Ryan and Kara are coming down for Christmas, and Abdul and Cheron are coming in from Indy for New Years Eve! My friend Jen is coming down from Chicago on the 30th, too, so we're going to get manis and pedis done NYEve morning when the salon opens. Possibly some shopping in there next week too, with all the time off! Anna will be home on break, so I'm sure we can find something to do!

Voodoo has been EXHAUSTED this week because with Anna home on break, Voo's not getting locked up in her crate, so she's not getting her 8 hours of nap that she's used to. By 6:30 when we're done with dinner, she's on her back, eyes shut, body twisted, legs-sprawled, and dead to the world. I wonder if she thinks she's babysitting. When I left this morning, she was standing next to Anna on the couch, rapidly squeaking one of her toys at her. Is that a dog's way of rattling a set of keys at a child to keep them entertained?

Well anyway, I suppose I should get back to work. In case I don't make it on in the next few days, I hope EVERYONE has a wonderful Christmas and/or holiday, whichever you prefer. That's my being PC for the day. Much love!!!

Peace,
Lisa
Old 12-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #14  

Hey Weezle, u'll make a wonderful bride! Any ideas on dresses?
Old 12-23-2010, 09:48 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi58 View Post
Cyndi, I need to look for your squash and cranberry casserole recipe. If it's not here I think I will google and see if I can find something similar. Beth and I love mashed sweet potato and cranberry, so I'm thinking your casserole would be right up our alley.
I used this recipe, subbed coconut palm sugar for brown sugar, used less butter and added chopped walnuts on top. It was amazing and soooo good. Next time I'll cut the sugar back more, with the added cinnamon it was sweet enough. I will also mix some chopped walnuts through because we liked them in there. It's a keeper.
Closed Thread