Old 12-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Angry Doubly Annoyed now......

Hi,

This is a bit of a rant as i just wrote my whole thread and lost it, i'm sure you can tell by the title

I promised myself when i started ww again this time around that i wouldn't get frustrated! Well i'm completely p*ssed off to be frank with you! I've done everything as plan, including skipping the weekly points and my weight fluctuates the same 2 lbs ALL WEEK LONG. I lost 5 the first week, then gained .6 the second now bouncing around 2. It's so frustrating that i can't seem to consistently lose, even if it's 1/2 lb. a week.

My bf and i will be together a year tomorrow and plan on going out to dinner. I have every intention on eating within my plan (30 pts) BUT have to weigh in fri. morning at 10. I'm debating if i want to annoy myself all tomorrow night knowing that 1 glass of wine will bloat me and i will retain for the weigh in or skip fri and enjoy my sanity tomorrow night.

What is wrong with me???????

Last edited by pointspluspioneer; 12-22-2010 at 12:06 PM.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

The weekly points are part of the plan, so skipping them is not part of the plan.
Are you exercising? meeting the GHGs? tracking everything? eating powerfoods?
How long have you been at this? 2 or 3 weeks? Your body is still adjusting. Tell yourself to settle the heck down. You are on a long journey, not a sprint. Eat your weekly points, enjoy your dinner with your boyfriend, have wine. All of that is within the plan.
Go to dinner use some weekly points, weigh in the next day and keep moving forward with the plan.
Give it, and yourself, more than 3 weeks before you get all frustrated and annoyed. Your good behaviors will catch up with you.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:53 PM   #3  

Your body has its own rythm for weight loss. It will not be a consistent number every week. I have a big loss, then a smaller one, and 2 weeks of 0 - .2.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:12 AM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
The weekly points are part of the plan, so skipping them is not part of the plan.
Umm...yes it is. And so is eating them. That is, the weekly points are optional and it fine to eat them and fine not to eat them. I used to eat most of mine but have found I do better not eating many of them. Last week I ate 1, the week before none, the week before that 1. This week? I'll probably eat some.

For the OP -- I found that when I wasn't showing much of a loss most of the time it seemed relating to the fact that I wasn't carefully counting points and was really taking in more than I thought I was. This isn't always true but was more often than not for me.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:28 AM   #5  

My leader eats her weekly points, she has a local pizza place down to a science!! But she doesn't stress to us if we don't use them. My body has always held onto weight. I'm suppose to weigh in tomorrow morning and i may pass this week to keep my sanity, but i was back down this morning on the scale, maybe i should go lol! Anyways, yes tracking every crumb is the way to go. I know i also can eat way under my points somedays depending on the situation.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #6  

Honestly, I think you need to put away your home scale, at least until you can step back and see the bigger picture. Stressing over losing a half pound then gaining a pound then losing 2 pounds is not doing you any favors. I see that as normal fluctuations and over time the trend will go down. Until you can actually SEE the downward trend, the constant weigh-ins are just going to drive you crazy and that is bad for motivation.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

use word pad and cut and paste lol lost mine mant times.
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

Nothing is worse then typing up a big old post and having it disappear.

I agree that you have to focus on the bigger picture here. Maybe that means putting the scale away for a bit?
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointspluspioneer View Post
Well i'm completely p*ssed off to be frank with you! I've done everything as plan, including skipping the weekly points and my weight fluctuates the same 2 lbs ALL WEEK LONG. I lost 5 the first week, then gained .6 the second now bouncing around 2. It's so frustrating that i can't seem to consistently lose, even if it's 1/2 lb. a week...

What is wrong with me???????

Nothing is wrong with you. You're frustrated because you're not getting what you're wanting and expecting to see (consistent weight loss), but what you want isn't something that any weight loss plan can guarantee.

The fact is it's entirely normal to lose weight in an inconsistent pattern (or a pattern that can only be seen over several weeks).

There are a lot of variables that go into weight loss, so you can do everything right, do everything consistently and still lose in streaks and stalls. You may even gain weight sometimes. I gain up to 10 lbs with TOM, not matter how little I eat. I could eat nothing and still be up 10 lbs.

Is it frustrating? It doesn't have to be! Frustration happens when you get different results than the ones you were expecting, so why are you expecting consistent, linear weight loss?

If you expect an irregular pattern of weight loss, you will not be frustrated. There's nothing wrong or unusual about such a pattern. Not everyone loses consistently (in fact, I'd wager that irregular weight loss is more common).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote