Old 12-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #1  
chick on a mission.

S/C/G: 163/159/140

Height: 5' 8"

Thumbs down When You Really Need a Meeting...

Hi guys,

I don't post here much, but I've been following WW for almost a year now. I've dropped over 2st and am really close to getting to goal

My problem is that in the past three weeks I have literally gone AWOL with my healthy eating. It was finals week in college, then end of semester, then my birthday and I just KNOW I'll be after putting up weight. I really needed my WW meeting this week (I missed last week) but my problem is they're all closed for Xmas now until Jan 6th.

I am so worried that I'll do even more damage over the holidays. I guess I wanted to go this week, see how much damage I did over the past 3 weeks and that would rein me in for Christmas.

Ugh. I just wish I had a solid idea of how much I currently weighed. My scale at home NEVER matches the WW one.

How do you guys cope when you really need a meeting but can't find one?
Charmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Go by your home scale for now. I use my home and my meeting scale, but as long as I see a drop on both, it doesn't matter if they are a few pounds off.

Just use the tools you have, and follow the plan!!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I know exactly how difficult it is trying to go to school while maintaining healthy eating habits! I have 3 kiddos (4 if you include my husband) and I am a Paramedic Student, have a house to run and schedules to try and keep up with. While it's stressful, it's definately manageable! When I'm in class or at the hospital doing my clinicals I always pack snacks like string cheese, fruit, and nuts.

The holidays are crazy when it comes to food! I truly believe we put so much emphasis on food being the sole reason we get together for the holidays because there seems to always be an endless supply right at our fingertips. We always seem to overdo it and feel guilty after or the next day but this year those of us who are on plan should make this weekend about being with family, enjoying the company of people we only see a few times a year, enjoying our children and not the cookies or cakes! These are things we can have ALL year, the holidays shouldn't be any different =D This year I plan to stick to the veggie trays, indulge in a cookie or two (Use my weekly 49), and savor EVERY bite because I know I won't have it again for a while.

You can definately use your home scale to track your fluctuations over the holidays or any day in fact. My home scale is always 1 to 2lbs off, today I weighed in and it was a 1lb difference (Not too bad!). Whatever you do don't feel guilty if you splurge over the holidays, just get right back on track and start fresh! New Year, New You!
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote