Old 12-22-2010, 02:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/195/130

Height: 5'4

Default 5lbs lost this week & MY AHA MOMENT

Everyone,
I just had to share my 5lb milestone because I was here venting when I had chinese food and even with that, alittle tae bo and better food choices and I lost 5lbs... I am so excited.
What is so amazing to me, is that I believe weightloss is so psychological and the problem starts in your mind. I sat down and determined what drove me to this weight gain and in lamest terms here were my 4 very aha moments.
First things to deal with :
1- Food portions (how much)
2- Carbohydrates (bad ones, though I will still eat from time to time, now It hit me; those are to enjoy once in a while and as a treat.
3- Fats (the bad kind) again, I will continue to eat carbs and fats however, my food choices will be around much better and healthier choices.
4- 3 meals a day, don't let my body get to starvation mode because I will loose control on all of the above!

I have heard all of this time and time again, but it wasn't until I analyzed and sat down and really dug deep that my aha moment hit!

Just wanted to share my thoughts and progress w/everyone! HAPPY HOLIDAYS
valencia2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Exactly right. We all know these things, but until we really KNOW these things, we still struggle. Five pounds is wonderful!
4xcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Congratulations!! You must feel fantastic!!

I realized along the way (I've been doing this for almost a year) that this entire process is something along the lines of being 90% psychological. I was a daily binge eater so having to re-learn how to have respect for food was a struggle at first. The first 3 months were the toughest but as the weight started to come off I really began making food choices which were healthier. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy snack foods but in moderation now!
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xcharm View Post
Exactly right. We all know these things, but until we really KNOW these things, we still struggle. Five pounds is wonderful!
4xcharm- yes I agree and 5lbs is wonderful
Old 12-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xcharm View Post
4xcharm- yes I agree and 5lbs is wonderful
Old 12-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #6  

Kimberlyp- wow congrats on your weightloss and your accomplishments.... 1 year changing your life for the better and still going strong is awesome!!!! I know I have long ways to go but I am very happy I was able to come to terms w my real struggle with regards to food. I am reading a book called Mshrink yourself, break free from emotional eating forever;the therapists guide to losing weight" by Dr.Roger Gould. This is what brought on my aha moments.... awesome book, I recommend it!