Old 12-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 294/204/175

Height: 5'6"

Wink Staying positive, no matter what!

I feel like every time that I post a new thread here, it is to complain and it's making me sound like a negative Nelly

I haven't seen any loss since NOVEMBER 25th!!!! I have been up and down 2 pounds since then. I had 1 week that I didn't really try to hard, I didn't binge, but I didn't exercise or count calories. But... other than that... I've been sticking to it like glue. Exercising at least every other day, taking exercise classes, eating right... and nothing. I actually feel bigger than ever .. I know in the scheme of things, I still have lost a little over 25 pounds, but I actually feel fatter than when I started.

I just wanted to post this thread to say... that yes, I'm staying positive even though I'm not losing, and my body tells me I'm not getting anywhere...

I AM getting somewhere... in the beginning of October, I never would have been able to do an hour long weight class... but guess what? Now I can. In the beginning of October, I never would have moved my body every day... (I actually had days of the week set aside where I planned on not getting off the couch ALL day long).... I no longer do that. I don't even want to.

Sundays I usually stay on the couch... this past Sunday... I shopped all day, not because I needed to, but I wanted to... I wanted to MOVE!

That is such a different and good feeling for me.

So, no matter what I look like, or how many pounds I weigh, I am successful because my body now wants to move every single day.

Thank God for little victories right?
EvilGidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:12 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

This is the hardest part! Get past the mental crap and you are golden. You have absolutely the right attitude to get you through this. Commitment is it! Your body will cooperate if given time and if given what it needs. Sometimes I think it's as if our bodies are testing us.

That whoosh is coming! If you are truly "sticking with it like glue", counting calories, getting enough high quality calories per day and moving more, you can't go wrong. But weight loss is so not linear!! It was right about at this stage that I started noticing a pattern that has stuck with me throughout. At first I lost steadily each week. Then all of the sudden I switched to losing only one week out of every month and stalling for the rest. Many of us do that!! I do not lose 1-2 pounds per week but I DO lose 4-8 per month. I just lose it all at one time. Very annoying!!

Hang in there! Your attitude will get you far!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #3  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Eliana is right. I started my weight loss journey in June 2010- In August my weight loss totally stalled. I could not figure out what I was doing wrong. At that time I had never heard of 3FC or I would have read other posters tell the exact same thing. Then I would know I was still on track.
I did like you are- I hung in there and knew it was going to be alright.
Then come September and the weight loss kicked in again.
I lose about 5-6 Lbs. a month. I think that is probably about normal for a 49 year old. I still hit those stalls and it is dang frustrating too!
But like Eliana said- that whoosh is coming!!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:56 AM   #4  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I think your woosh is coming, too. If you think about it, it makes sense that what you do isn't going to immediately affect your body -- it's like a little factory in there with conveyor belts spinning and whirling and processing and sorting things around. Some people lose in a linear fashion, but my body does seem to like to save up bigger losses all at once for me. Bet yours does, too.

And all your NSVs are DEFINITELY something to be positive about!!!

Make sure to make a WOOSH post when it happens so we can celebrate with you, K?!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote