Old 01-05-2011, 06:32 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 170/166.4/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone, I'm jumping on BFC today. Got the book, need pointers on starting - i think I got the concept, now to see if I can do it.

Will you be starting a January thread, or continuing here?
Zinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:35 AM   #32  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

urg....I am tired today!! But I am determined to do this WOE right!

On to the gym...

thanks for the link and the hot cooca recipe, I have to try it now!
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:52 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 212/212/160

Height: 5'7''

Default Day 5

Hi Everyone! I've been doing the BFC now for 4 full days (today is day 5), and I stepped on the scale hoping to see some big drop -- and nothing. In fact, I've gained a pound! I have not been doing one of his weekly menus because I found it difficult to think of planning/cooking/eating those things each day. Plus, I'm a great cook and my husband is a professional chef (he is doing this with me). So we've been preparing meals that have low s/c values for each of our meals.

I've been charting my food intake, and I haven't been reaching the 15 g/6 serving each day. But I'm not trying to limit myself - I am full all day long! Here is what I am eating, so any advice is much appreciated!

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled with 4 stalks of asparagus and a bit of homemade turkey sausage (no sugar in the sausage).

Snack 1: 2 oz of cheese

Lunch: Salad with romaine, chicken, crumbled egg, and ranch dressing.

Snack 2: Tuna salad (tuna, mayo - no sugar-, pickles - no sugar) on one slice of ezekial 4:9 bread.

Dinner: Hamburger with no bun. Side of creamed spinach (spinach, heavy cream, parm cheese, 2 tsp of flour).

I'm 100% believer in the concept of this diet, but as I looked at the number on the scale today, it made me doubt what I've committed to. I used to be a total sugar and carb-aholic! So I would think that now that I've cut out mostly all sugar and refined foods, that I'd see some numbers move on the scale.

Also, if anyone wanted more science to back up Jorge's plan, I suggest reading an article that appeared in the NY Times a few years ago. The same guy (Gary Taubes) has a book out that I've ordered from amazon to reinforce in my mind that this is the right way to eat. Unfortunately I don't have enough posts to post the link here (thanks forum), so google "what if it's all been a big fat lie" and you should get a hit on the NY Times article.
Lwrgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #34  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Didn't Amber say on her blog it took her 3 months to start losing weight?
I have been off and on for a while now but still lost 5 lbs. i have had some issues come up and had to deal with them, but now im back on track. i believe in this diet and it will become my eating plan for life.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone,
Day three back on plan!!! lwlgrl welcome. I read what you've been eating and the only suggestion I have is that maybe some of the portions are a little high. Try two eggs instead of three, 1 ounce of cheese instead of two.

One thing I found when I started this plan was that I wasn't as regular as before. So if thats the case with you that might be an issue too. I also have difficulty drinking all the water and notice when I don't that my weightloss stagnates. Well that's my two cents. Glad you and your hubby are here.

This plan really works for me but I will admit weight loss has been slow and steady. I never had any of that fast weightloss Jorge talks about in his books. I think that is probably hype. But this is a really doable plan where I don't feel deprived. I also think I can do it long term.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #36  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies! Lwrgrl, your menu sounds great! How wonderful to have a chef on board hahaha! Needless to say I'm a bit jealous. As for the portions, I've had no problems eating 3 eggs at a time with a bunch of bacon, and Jorge doesn't say to limit anything but sugar and carbs so go for it!!

Tonight I am making eggplant parm!

sliced eggplant dipped in egg beaters and breaded with grated parm (no breadcrumbs)

Fried up in a bit of olive oil

Covered with Mozzerella and Trader Joes 3 cheese tomato sauce (6 g carbs/<1g sugar) and baked in the oven

This is how I prep my chicken parm too. I'm getting hungry now just thinking about it!

Lunch today was 3 chicken tacos from Qdoba, 2 crunchy, 1 soft with cheese, sour cream and fiery habanero salsa. I think its a 4/2 (4 sugar, 39 carbs).

Hope you're all having a lovely day!
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 193/193/130

Default Newbie

Hi! I just started the BFC diet today. I don't have the book, but I'm just following the 15 sugar and 6 servings of carbs that a friend of mine told me to try. I've never dieted intentionally before so this is a whole new adventure for me! My biggest challenge is my incredible rootbeer addiction.

I'd love any tips or especially any easy recipes to try!
Jnetmomx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #38  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Hi Jnetmom! If you're addicted to rootbeer, check out Zevia root beer. It is an all natural diet soda and the root beer flavor is pretty good. It's not cheap though, so I use Zevia as more of a treat than a regular drink. You can find it at whole foods, and I'm not sure where else, but check their website.

Good morning, everyone!
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #39  

Hi everyone,
Day four back on plan. I'll be home tomorrow and will weigh for the first time in a week. I'm trying to eat more protein and drink more water. I love cheese and am having some but less than before because I can get carried away. Hope everyone is hanging in there.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 193/193/130

Thanks Txalupa for the tip on the root beer. I'm hoping to finally make it out to do some grocery shopping this weekend!
I'm thinking I might look for the BFC book at Walmart or Meijer while I'm there. It would be nice to have some recipes or even just lists to work from. I've been reading labels and pretty much just eating what I already have at home and it's been a little rough! Today I have a killer headache and last night I felt like I was starving and would have done just about anything for a candy bar! I ended up eating a pudding cup which made me go over on the sugar, but it was soooo good hehe..

Today I had 2 scrambled eggs with cheese on top and 4 strips of bacon. Previously I have never been a breakfast eater and really hate cooking anything. I would rather have something I can just grab (like a granola bar, yogurt, fruit). What do you eat for breakfast?

ps - weighed today - morning of day 3 and the scale showed a 4 pound loss! I hope it's for real!

Last edited by Jnetmomx5; 01-07-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: forgot to brag about my loss! :)
Jnetmomx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 64kg/64kg/56kg

Height: 5'2"

Hi, i am on day 7. I measured and weighed myself yesterday as i was going out for dinner last night and did not know if it would be possible to stay on target.
Well, the results were, i lost nothing in weight but i lost 2cm from my bust, waist and abdomen. I measure my ab and my hips seperately as after my lovely hysterectomy i had a few weeks ago, my ab area is still huge. (mind you it wasn't small before the op either :-)). So 6 cm in total but no weight loss i can live with.
My breakfast was a portabello mushroom fried with a slice of ham and an egg in it. Lovely. Lunch was a curry with no rice but about a 1/2 potato and lots of veges and dinner a roast with veges and a creme brulee for dessert. I thought i would be way over in my sugars but turns out it was not as bad as expected.

I have given myself 1 month to see results on this plan before i thought about changing to another diet. I am like that, i need to see results quickly and i think this is the diet for that. Maybe no weight loss but the measuring tape works better.
Good luck ladies and gentlemen, dont give up too soon. :-)
glenlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #42  

Hi All,
Breakfast was a cheddarwurst and a couple of scrambled eggs. I don't always cook breakfast but usually gets some foods ready and in small ziplock containers on Sunday or so. I usually even measure out my cereal so I'm not tempted to cheat on portion sizes. I have some hard boiled eggs. That I am struggling to eat, just the thought makes me want to gag. I've eaten so may of them. I'm into cottage cheese now though so that is fast and easy. Glenea how did you make the creme brulee? I've been thinking about it the past couple of weeks. I used to have a Suzanne Summers book that had a good recipe in it But haven't been able to find it.

Last edited by kittycarlson; 01-08-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 64kg/64kg/56kg

Height: 5'2"

Sorry Kitty, i had dinner at a friends and she made it. I know it was with cream and vanilla essence with a touch of brown and caster sugar on the top.

I know what you mean about hard boiled eggs. I have these for a snack and they just do not cut it. I almost feel like gagging thinking about eating these. I dont like cheese (unless its cooked on pizza or lasanga etc) so what else can i eat for snacks besides nuts?? Any suggestions anyone?

PS Kitty, well done on your weight loss. Is this all from BFC?

Last edited by glenlea; 01-08-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
glenlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #44  

No I was losing before starting BFC so the weight I've lost on BFC is important as I had plateaued on the smoothie thing I was doing last summer. I've probably lost 12-15 LBS on BFC. I'm real happy with that.

About snacks. My meals and snacks get kind of mixed up as I eat when I'm hungry. So it might be a cup of chicken salad if I'm hungry or some hard salami. I used to love the eggs but it's hard to eat them now. Other things are celery and cream cheese, cheese and crackers. almond butter and wasa bread or tuna salad and a couple of wasa breads. Tonight since I haven't had many carbs I'm having whipped cream with cream cheese whipped in, truvia and lemon extract.
I probably wouldn't eat anything so high fat if I had had many carbs today. That may be some left over Aitkins thinking. So its more intuition than knowledge. I just feel I have a little more room for high calorie foods if I am on the low end of the carb spectrum.

Yesterday I was on the higher end of the carb thing as I had a couple of meatballs with tomato sauce. I made the meatballs so know they had some bread crumbs in them and of course the sauce would also have some. I also ate about 4-5 pieces of whole wheat fettucine. My meals are smallish but my snacks are biggish. I'm doing more like 5 small meals per day.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #45  

Hi, all!

Is anyone doing the Fast Track January coaching with Jorge Cruise for $200?
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote