Old 12-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #16  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Cookie, this is what i found out on Me and Jorge blog.

"The Fast Track is basically the Belly Fat Cure diet plan without any grains. No cereal, breads, tortillas, crackers, rice or pasta. I see lots of postings that says it is No Carb, but this is false. It is No Grain. There is a heavy reliance on animal protein and green vegetables. It is one step closer to a Paleo diet, with the implication that we are all, in some way, allergic to or unable to process grains. Paleo and Primal diets are quite popular right now, and tend to focus on very fit people (lots of athletes). I feel Jorge's presentation is aimed more at regular, overweight folks."

That's all I know for now.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #17  

I tried making the "Bug Juice" Jorge recommends for the first time yesterday. I didn't have any cucumber so threw in some Romaine lettuce instead. I ended up adding a little stevia to it, as Amber did. It tastes very green but drinkable. I asked my DH if he wanted to try a taste, and he drank the whole second serving, though he added sea salt to his. It tasted a little like gazpacho with the salt.

There are several different places that attribute weight gain to lack of nutrients. One of the things that I was surprised to discover is that only 4% to 15% of the magnesium in supplements is absorbed because of the particle size. The magnesium from plants is much more easily absorbed by the body. Thus, the green drinks that are out there.

Magnesium is suppose to increase metabolism and insulin sensitivity, as well as increase energy levels.

I injured my ACL several years ago, and had excruciating muscle spasms on 3 days that I had forgotten to take my magnesium supplements. Wonder what that says for my levels?
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #18  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies, just checking in. Deetermined, the bug juice sounds interesting but a little gross-- I might have to try it now, just to see!

To be honest, I'm a little afraid to try the Fast Track. I've been doing well on the current BFC (since March 2010) and I don't want to mess with a good thing. Is anyone thinking of trying it?

I read Amber's blog pretty regularly, so I know the premise, but I think the beauty of regular BFC is that I feel normal while on it. This may be an excuse, but I don't think I would feel normal with no grains, hahah! I eat oatmeal for breakfast, high fiber/low carb tortillas for lunch with tuna or peanut butter, etc. So I think the Fast Track would be too extreme.

Thoughts?? Have a great Tuesday!
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #19  
Lil' Old Chick

i'm sticking with regular BFC. This morning I had my usual, eggs sausage 1 WW toast with cream cheese, not hungry for lunch and had a cheese stick for a snack, dinner will be a couple of tacos from Taco Bell 1/1 and a green salad at home.
chocolate almond milk as a snack tonight.
I love this diet!! maybe not the best of days, but I'm in my target and I dont feel deprived or guilty, so I'm happy.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:43 AM   #20  
Keto lady

Me too, Me too! I think the reason I've been doing it so long is that I don't feel deprived. I also think I will be having taco bell for lunch...

Proof: My mother sent me home from Christmas with a tupperware container of cookies to give to my friends because she 'trusted me to not eat them' more than she trusts herself. Hah!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #21  
Lil' Old Chick

this works it really works!!
i have lost 3lbs since Monday!! ok its water but i don't care the scale is going down.
I love love BFC and I will continue to watch my sugar and cut the carbs.
I got the S/C counter book, my new best friend.
do it, just do it if i can anyone can do BFC
Old 12-31-2010, 12:21 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'9"

I am new to this thread and the site but I am going shopping tomorrow with the intentions of starting the BFC on Jan 1. Do any of you have some words of wisdom for this newbie?
15star35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:10 PM   #23  

Hi and welcome 15star35,

Lots of things are BFC friendly, it's just a matter of reading labels and checking for carbs and sugars. Jorge has some menus and even shopping lists on his web site for the 3 new versions of BFC.

My shopping list generally includes things like stevia (others prefer Truvia) since there are no artificial sweeteners, such as saccharin, Splenda (sucralose), or aspartame allowed on BFC. I also get eggs, cold cuts, chicken, fish, cheese, walnuts or other nuts, unsweetened almond milk, cream (milk has sugars), Ezekiel bread, Greek yogurt, vegetables (remember that some have sugars and carbs), salad makings, and salad dressing (check for sugar).

I also suggest Sobe Lifewater, if you are craving something sweet. Just make sure it is one of the ones made with Purevia. 85% dark chocolate is also good, just watch sugars and serving size.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Got my shopping list

Thanks determined2. I printed off all three menus yesterday and took them shopping with me. I found most everything I needed and I am ready to start today. I have also announced to my husband, who will certainly benefit from this too, that we are watching our sugar and carbs. Not sure who this will be tougher on - he likes a little coffee with his sugar. I am really hoping that this is the final time I start and re-start this journey.......I'd like to make it a life style this time around; and I am seeking support from this site. From what I have read so far, I think I have come to the right place.
15star35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #25  

Txalupa and all,

If the BFC works well for you, why switch over. I think it is the easiest plan that I have ever seen.

I think the Fast Track is for someone like me with grain sensitivities, who may have more food reactions than he/she is aware of, and is more likely to stall on regular BFC.

Fast Track may also be slightly faster, but with more sacrifices. Some people switch back and forth between the 2 plans.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #26  
Keto lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetermined2 View Post
Txalupa and all,

If the BFC works well for you, why switch over. I think it is the easiest plan that I have ever seen.

I think the Fast Track is for someone like me with grain sensitivities, who may have more food reactions than he/she is aware of, and is more likely to stall on regular BFC.

Fast Track may also be slightly faster, but with more sacrifices. Some people switch back and forth between the 2 plans.
I think this is a good call, I'm not really searching for rapid fat-melting, but more of a way to not go out of control with food anymore. I think we've found it!

As for 15star35:

I'm sure you already went grocery shopping, but my faves are unsweetened almond milk, Simply Jif peanut butter (2 sugars, 6 carbs) per serving, baby bel mini cheese servings, tuna/mayo/dill relish for tuna salad, celery and some sort of spinach dip or cream cheese for snacks, trader joe's sprouted whole grain bread (very low carb per slice and zero sugar), and smokehouse almonds.

Let us know how it goes!
Old 01-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone,

I'm back to my normal life. I didn't do so well last weekend but I'm on track the past two days.

It looks like we have some new people... welcome all and good luck!!! Suggestions for newbies. I enjoy deviled eggs made with a little mayo for snacks. I also buy rotisserie chicken or cook breasts and make chicken salad with some celery and mayo sometimes almonds too. I like the unsweetened chocolate almond milk warmed up a little with cinnamon for an evening snack. Another weird thing I have found is if I eat meat for breakfast I'm not at all hungry all morning.

I also went to the doctor for a physical and asked them what my highest weight was there and they found 255.5 in June of 2009. I didn't weigh myself for years. I weighed 202 fully clothed, shoes and all last Tuesday in his office. The Dr. complimented me on my blood pressure but didn't say a word about my losing weight. I was kind of disapointed. I had lots of lab work done so hopefully I''ll see some improvement there.

I'm glad the holidays are over and I'm back to my routine. My mother made my favorite cake for my birthday. We were staying with her after my husband's surgery. I was surprised I really didn't like the frosting at all. It was way too sweet. I ate two small pieces over three days and took most of the frosting off. I've also noticed that normal food taste really salty because I haven't been using much salt at all. So it seems my body adjusting and is resetting what tastes good to me.

Last edited by kittycarlson; 01-04-2011 at 01:37 PM.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #28  

Happy New Year to you all.

I had decided to go back to a low-carb eating plan after the holidays and it's day 2 back on the wagon. I am sensitive to grains so I don't have breads, potatoes, rice, etc., but I'm looking at the BFC mostly as a guideline of what to feed my two daughters. They are 15 and 9. My baby is nearly 2, but I'm not worried about his eating as he's smarter than the rest of us. When he is not hungry, he doesn't eat. ;-)
My 15 year old was using the BFC guidelines and slimmed down, so she's all about giving up the sugar (and junky starches), but my 9 year old is not-too-thrilled about not having crackers and soda and the other stuff. But seeing as you can't eat what's not in the refrigerator (or cupboard, etc), she's going to have to take better care of her body whether she likes it or not.
My hope is that as a family we will all be eating healthier food and feeling better.
I wish you all success with your healthy goals!
CS
cutesmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #29  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Happy New Year everyone!

I started the plan two days ago and I don't think things are going too well. I ate pizza tonight (unapproved). My first goal is to get to the beginning of Feb. without cheating! I think because the plan is so easy that I forget I am trying to change my eating. If that makes sense....

Nice to see this thread, I am off to the store to look for that almond milk, sounds delish!
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #30  

Hi, everyone!

ckatgo, there is a good recipe for a cauliflower pizza crust at Amber's
www.meandjorge.com
I know it sounds unusual but it is quite good. Just put it on something that contains it well, otherwise you may have additional cleanup. I ended up grating my cauliflower with the grater blade of the food processor so it went quickly.

In terms of occasional treats, I make my own hot chocolate using Ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa, stevia, hot water, cream, and a little whipped cream (watch the sugars in the whipped cream).

kittycarlson, the warm unsweetened chocolate almond milk with cinnamon sounds good. I'll have to try it.