General chatter - Different kinda goal...

View Full Version : Different kinda goal...

Noelle85
12-21-2010, 04:14 PM
I stopped smoking! 12/19 .... Man it's hard.

vdander24
12-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Fantastic!!! That is a HUGE goal! Congrats, and good luck.

Aunty Jam
12-21-2010, 05:33 PM
It is very hard!!! I quit 6 1/2 years ago, it gets better... trust me! Right now it's probably the hardest thing you've ever done in your life but it does get easier. Just stick with it and remember it is NOT worth it. If you smoke you're killing yourself and paying for the "pleasure" of doing it!!! You can do this.

krampus
12-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Just remember all the gross little things you pushed under the rug. For me it's enough to think about how I needed to do this wet phlegmy cough after every meal and disguise it as sneezing so I didn't gross out whoever I was with. Or the yellowing teeth. Or those funny stains on your gums.

As for the sugar cravings, they go away. Promise!

Nola Celeste
12-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Congratulations! :bravo:

I quit a three-pack-a-day habit in July; I can empathize with how hard it is. You aren't going to believe how good you're going to feel, though, as the weeks and months of being a non-smoker go by. You might have a little "quitter's flu" for a few weeks, but it's nothing insurmountable.

You are awesome for quitting smoking and losing weight at the same time! I decided to wait on weight loss until I was over the worst of my nicotine withdrawal, so that meant an extra fifteen pounds or so to lose...you are way smarter than I was. :D

NaturalStupidit
12-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Good for you! And congrats for quitting smoking AND trying to lose weight at the same time!