Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Default Share your regular meals!

I'm sure there a threads similar to this one that I couldn't find...feel free to delete/lock if needed.

What are some of the foods that you eat regularly? I'm looking for more ideas and wanting to share what I eat on a weekly basis. I like to make my stuff ahead of time and I would LOVE more ideas of food to cook up before hand and eat at a later date.

Here is what I usually eat:

Chicken Wraps & Turkey Wraps:
I buy tons of boneless skinless chicken breasts (grilled or baked & then cut up into chunks), and ground turkey. I also buy a big bag of shredded cheese. I put a 1/2 cup of chicken or turkey and 1/4 cup of cheese in a tortilla. I basically survive off of these! -- I'm not big on lettuce but I try and add some spinach to these wraps--can't even taste it!

Egg Wraps: 2 Scrambled eggs with 1/4 cup shredded cheese in a tortilla. Sometimes add a little bit of ground turkey to this. Very yummy!

Rice Mix: I cook 1 cup brown rice and add 2/3 cup of mixed veggies and add roughly 6-8 pieces of cut up chicken.

Rice & Veggie Wrap:
1 cup of cooked brown rice, 2/3 cup of mixed veggies, add 4 pieces of cut up chicken, in a tortilla.

Baked Tilapia:
I lightly brush olive oil over both sides of the tilapia and dash seafood seasoning over both sides and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes. They are delicious! I will have one tilapia with brown rice and mixed veggies.

I love what I normally eat but I don't want to get sick of it! Looking forward to hearing what you beauties eat!! Have a wonderful day everyone and keep on smiling!!

Please feel free to share anything!!

Last edited by KaylaChristine; 12-21-2010 at 11:10 AM.
KaylaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #2  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I tend to vary my meals a lot and get especially creative with dinners because I get bored easily, but these are a few things I go back to over and over:

Oatmeal with a tablespoon of peanut butter and half a cup of frozen blueberries. I add the blueberries when the oatmeal is almost done so they cook enough to thaw but don't get mushy.

Hard-boiled egg and part skim ricotta cheese on whole wheat toast or with multi-grain crackers.

Baked potato or sweet potato with cottage cheese.

Stir fry vegetables (often a mix of onion, celery, cabbage, broccoli, and green beans) with chicken breast. I cook the chicken first with a very light spray of olive oil, then I add the vegetables and more seasonings mix around a little and cover. The veggies get really tasty this way.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 12-21-2010 at 11:11 AM.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunneh View Post
Stir fry vegetables (often a mix of onion, celery, cabbage, broccoli, and green beans) with chicken breast. I cook the chicken first with a very light spray of olive oil, then I add the vegetables and more seasonings mix around a little and cover. The veggies get really tasty this way.
I think I may have to add something similar to this to my meals! Probably change it up a bit and use onion, green beans, carrots, and spinach. Thanks for that!
KaylaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #4  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Some of my favorites:

Egg "not-so-Mc" muffin: an english muffin, a slice of cheese, a slice of tomato, and an egg steamed in the microwave for thirty seconds makes a really filling, tasty breakfast for around 300 calories. If I'm especially hungry, I add some fruit to the plate.

Chicken/vegetable curry: similar in intent, but not in flavor to the stir-fry that a lot of folks so love, but which I crave only occasionally. I use a huge assortment of vegetables from green beans to winter squash. Start with browning the chicken, then set it aside. Add the ubiquitous onions, add other veggies according to cooking time, add pre-mixed curry paste (make sure you count the calories in it--there aren't many, but they do still count), toss the chicken back in, add some stewed tomatoes, and voila--dinner is served!

Pizza: Homemade crust has no sugar, and neither does homemade tomato sauce. It takes a fair bit of effort to prepare these two components of a good pizza, but sauce freezes beautifully and dough lasts for a couple of weeks pre-portioned in the fridge. Once you've made the initial time investment and have those two elements in the fridge/freezer, it takes all of fifteen minutes to put an awesome pizza on the table.

Chili: My husband makes fantastic chili and good recipes for chili abound. It tastes like an indulgence but doesn't pack the caloric impact of one. I eat it by itself; with a side salad, wrap, or half-sandwich; on a small baked potato; and atop a burger patty and a slice of wheat bread for a lighter take on a hamburger (that's high in fat and therefore so calorie-dense that it's an occasional meal, not a frequent one--but it is YUM).
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote