Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 01:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday December 21, 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To review this past weekend's thread: December 20, 2010[/QUOTE]
Old 12-21-2010, 02:10 AM   #2  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

I posted this in Monday's thread, but I'll post it here too as I suspect more people will see it! Does anyone else find that they have issues with the chocolate RTD? I find that it makes my stomach flip in ways that no other packets do (this is why I'm still up at 2300!). Any ideas? I definitely won't be getting them again - bummer because they could be soooooo convenient sometimes.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:22 AM   #3  

Hi Jess, I can't help, only have had 1. But I did try the choc. drink, and it's really good! I can't wait to hear how your family responds to your loss on Thursday. My mom is heading up through there that day too! Check out my before/ after close up face pic, it's crazy to see my before face and now I don't have that bloated look. Thanks again for the instructions on how to do it.

Last edited by AmyonIP; 12-21-2010 at 02:50 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #4  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I posted this in Monday's thread, but I'll post it here too as I suspect more people will see it! Does anyone else find that they have issues with the chocolate RTD? I find that it makes my stomach flip in ways that no other packets do (this is why I'm still up at 2300!). Any ideas? I definitely won't be getting them again - bummer because they could be soooooo convenient sometimes.

No problems with the rtd chocolate. I sometimes find the vitamin and mineral supplements a bit hard on my stomach if I don't take them with enough food. Not sure why I am up at this time of the morning tho and have been for a few hours!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #5  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Hi Jess, I can't help, only have had 1. But I did try the choc. drink, and it's really good! I can't wait to hear how your family responds to your loss on Thursday. My mom is heading up through there that day too! Check out my before/ after close up face pic, it's crazy to see my before face and now I don't have that bloated look. Thanks again for the instructions on how to do it.
Wow, that's a big difference in your face!

PM me your e-mail address - I've got a pic to show you that is too big to put up here. :-)
Old 12-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 189.2/159.9/150

Quote:
Hi Amy I am new on this site and just wanted to jump in and tell you how great you look! What a difference. The same thing has happened to me and it feels so good, I can relate.. Good luck and keep up the good work...
Old 12-21-2010, 09:14 AM   #7  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Good Morning all!

WI # 4 tonight! **drum roll**

Hope it goes well!!

My coach sent me this article about carbs....thought it was interesting
Here is the link:

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/dec...carbs-20101220

Have a great day!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich

No problems with the rtd chocolate. I sometimes find the vitamin and mineral supplements a bit hard on my stomach if I don't take them with enough food. Not sure why I am up at this time of the morning tho and have been for a few hours!
Could it be the caffeine in the cocoa?I forget sometimes about the fact that there is caffeine in cola and cocoa based drinks. It does have that laxative effect (like morning coffee) Dunno....just a thought. I also try not to drink the chocolate towards the evening. I will def. keep me up, but I am caffeine sensitive past a certain time of day. Have a great day!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

East coast good morning everyone. Gotta toot!!!!! I've lost 20 lbs as of my WI yesterday. I've never lost that much at once in my life, so I am very happy, albeit not the quickest WL that is estimated on this plan,(I'm averaging about 2-2-1/2 a week if I divide it all up) but my body is doing what it needs to do. Still and all, every lb lost is a good one, and my body has never looked like this before. I saw a before photo of me from behind last night from the Summer...Holy Cow...wish I could get it off facebook, but it's not my post.
Have a great day everyone and as always, I am grateful for this list. I will take you all to Paris with me and check in everyday to stay on track. Thanks again.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #10  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

CONGRATS Sunnymae!!!!

Keep up the great work!!!

Doesnt it feel great to feel great!!!!!! lol

Old 12-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Good Morning fellow !P-ers.

In case you do like the New Lifestyle RTDs, they are having a $35 off sale if you buy $200 or more of their products by Dec. 31. Here is the coupon code to use at checkout: dec2010

Their website is newlifestylediet with the www at the front and the .com at the back, per usual.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 212.5/201/150

Height: 5'4"

Question Checking in

Hi!
I am three weeks into the IP diet and was informed about this website by my IP coach. I am also new to posting, etc. and so I hope I'm doing this correctly!!

Anyway, I would like to know if anyone has any recipes using the vegetables on phase 1? I am not a vegetable eater by nature and I am getting tired of the same recipes from my limited resources!

Thanks for any help in advance!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

...Happy Tuesday !! WI # 4 tonight...I will be ok w whatever the scale says as I understand my body is healing ...just the fact that I lost 15 lbs in 3 wks makes me wanna pat myself on the back...of course, my beautiful daughter, Jules26 , is my biggest cheerleader and I am hers !!

Thank you for all the kind words and wishes for a speedy recovery...I feel better each day...and I ATE last night...my tummy was rumbling so loud..had some beef filet and mushrooms...it was tough swallowing but man oh man was it tasty !!! =)

I reminded my daughter the other day that in 3 wks ,the 2 of us together have lost 29 of those sample 1 lb fat blobs they have at the IP coaches office...WOW !!

UPS man just deliverd a box...it's from LINDORA...Jules ordered us some IP friendly treats !!!

Congrads on the all ur victories this week !! Sending you all wishes for a fabulous IP friendly day !!
Old 12-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #14  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Great job...you look awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
Good Morning all!

WI # 4 tonight! **drum roll**

Hope it goes well!!

My coach sent me this article about carbs....thought it was interesting
Here is the link:

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/dec...carbs-20101220

Have a great day!

Good luck at your weigh-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
East coast good morning everyone. Gotta toot!!!!! I've lost 20 lbs as of my WI yesterday. I've never lost that much at once in my life, so I am very happy, albeit not the quickest WL that is estimated on this plan,(I'm averaging about 2-2-1/2 a week if I divide it all up) but my body is doing what it needs to do. Still and all, every lb lost is a good one, and my body has never looked like this before. I saw a before photo of me from behind last night from the Summer...Holy Cow...wish I could get it off facebook, but it's not my post.
Have a great day everyone and as always, I am grateful for this list. I will take you all to Paris with me and check in everyday to stay on track. Thanks again.
Awesome job on your weigh-in. I live in Upstate NY too (Lake George area). I am headed out of this miserable cold myself on Friday....yipeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingIt2010 View Post
Hi!
I am three weeks into the IP diet and was informed about this website by my IP coach. I am also new to posting, etc. and so I hope I'm doing this correctly!!

Anyway, I would like to know if anyone has any recipes using the vegetables on phase 1? I am not a vegetable eater by nature and I am getting tired of the same recipes from my limited resources!

Thanks for any help in advance!
I love to sautee my veggies in evoo and fresh pressed garlic. I discovered collard greens (love them!) I also love steamed aspargus with sea salt.

To everyone....I made a new salad dressing....slightly off protocol but posted it to the recipe thread (abou 10 calories and 1 gram of fat off protocol.....my first thing off the phase one sheet...but I don't have the milk ever so I figure....not too bad)

Last edited by darbs7; 12-21-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #15  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
Both Vanilla and Chocolate RTD have left me soooo nauseous when I take my meds with them. I have to eat breakfast. I've been doing Crispy Cereal and the Herb Omelet and then I can take all the meds/vitamins I need.

I'm checking in after being MIA because I've been sooooo bad the last few weeks. I can't believe I haven't gained all of my weight back. I need to stay on this forum board because I do better when I'm posting more.
Closed Thread