Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-19-2010, 11:15 AM   #1  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Default Logging Avoided Temptations

The prior two weeks were filled with holiday temptations at work, most of which I indulged in. (Free carby lunches, executives passing out pastries, cookies, birthday and anniversary cakes, homemade goodies, etc.) There was something everyday.

The past week continued the temptations, but I found something that helped me resist.

I added a brightly colored sticky note to each day on my food log. I titled each note "Did Not" and listed on each one the temptation I didn't indulge in.
Did Not
Bagel
Cake

Did Not
Cookie

It really changed my focus from wanting, wanting, then eating the item to satisfaction from logging it as not eaten and I could move on.

I was pleased to see the list of items I had said no to at the end of the day. (To the end that the day there were no temptations and nothing on the list, I was a little disappointed.) The previous week I would have eaten every one of them. This week I only ate the one item Monday before I started logging the items I didn't eat.

Hopefully this will be a helpful technique for others as well.

(Oh and by the way, I stopped eating the junk temptations and I started losing weight again. Go figure.)
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #2  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

that's a really good idea! You're strengthening your "no" muscle I think I will try that. It will probably be pretty darn useful this week!
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #3  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I did something like this very early on in my current attempt ... I awarded myself "points" for making good choices and redeemed my points for new music at the end of each week or two. It was a little self-conscious and silly (the way I was doing it) but it did help me deal with that noisy inner 3-year-old who wants what she wants NOW and is terrible at delayed gratification. Even if I wasn't getting the instant satisfaction of the cupcake or whatever I resisted, at least I got my points!

After a while I didn't really need it anymore but it really did help me get started!
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

I really like that idea. I am going to try it.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

Love this. Its like a game and I love anything I can win at.
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote