South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/187/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Drum roll please

Hi ladies. I hope all is well. Well today is the very last day of phase I for me and my weigh in. I have been patiently waiting to get on that scale...hoping to at least see a five pound drop. Now I procrastinated a bit, but only because of fear. I had to get my mind right. I know I have lost some inches because my clothes fit so much better and I feel better overall but you know the scale holds my real truth.

Ok so finally I do it and ....what what down 8.6 pounds!!!! officially in the
170's. Next goal to be in the 160's by my birthday Jan 31...

Now on to phase II...

Now I do have a problem. I am officially afraid of adding carbs...any other than veggies into my diet. Scared that the weight is going to come back...hummm this is going to be a challenge.

I have been calorie counting and officially obsessed with it. Oh I think I am going to need to talk to someone about this.....

Thanks again ladies, you all are truly my heroes
Mommy2bgtwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #2  

Height: 5ft

Wow!! you are doing great. I just started my second week on phase 1 I have lost 5 lbs so I hope it go's well this week too. Hard time of the year to stay on plan but I have not cheated one time. Congrats too you and I know you can do it. have a great holiday.
SouthernJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Well done.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #4  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Thats great that you had such success on phase 1! I had started and done SB for about 2 months and came to a standstill, it was taking me about a month to lose 3 lbs. I was obsessed with losing and I couldn't get myself under control! It was driving me crazy. I lost my apetite for about a week and I would go a couple days with only eating an egg for breakfast and an egg at night. It was aweful.

I too was and am an avid calories counter SO I went back to it to try and get my apetite and BM's back on track. It is such a shock to you to be able to eat anything you want and watch your calories again. Needless to say I am going back to South Beach after the holidays since I have all this new food in my house that is not permitted on phase 1. I'm hoping I will be as successful as you were!!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:12 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations on your success so far!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #6  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

My husband and I both understand the carb fear. We've been very careful to add carbs back very slowly. And we still aren't eating anything (never will again we hope, at least intentionally!) anything at all made with high fructose corn syrup or enriched flours.

Slow is the key, I think. We add a few things (last week I added some noodles made with brown rice flour for lunch twice a week, for instance) each week and see if they seem to work for us. The next week I'll add something else new, and soon I'll have a rotation of things I might consider on any given day.

Other than veggies though we don't eat more than a single serving of Phase-1-forbidden carbs most days. At least not yet.
annieoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations, Mommy2bgtwins! You are off to a great start!

Make sure you check out the stickies in the FAQ section of our forum for introducing Phase 2 into your menus. Slow and easy is the key!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:18 PM   #8  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Congratulations on your success so far, especially during the holidays!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 227

Height: 5

This is so Awesome! I have been on the low carb thing for a week and your progress is inspiring!
tonkry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

That's awesome...congratulations!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote