Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Default Been totally out of control and realized something

I've been eating everything that can't more out of my way for the last few weeks and I realized something today. I feel like crap. All that processed junk is just making me feel sick. I need a salad.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #2  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

good healthy food makes you feel awesome. Hopefully you are back eating healthy again.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

yup I notice the same thing if I go for more than a meal "off plan" I just use it as further "proof" that what I am doing is right
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:10 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'll never forget moving into our first home. I was thin at the time. For a couple weeks we ate like absolute crap. We had just been married, ate like crap on the cruise, came home to boxes in a brand new home, so meals were pretty much pizza. I remember one evening my husband and I found ourselves at Ponderosa drooling over the salad bar. LOL! For the first time ever we were craving vegetables.

Now I crave vegetables daily. I feel it if I haven't had them. It's a good place to be. I also crave fruit. Yesterday I indulged in hot chocolate and a gingerbread man after sledding and made myself sick. All I wanted for dinner was roasted veggies.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'7"

Same here. It seems like a good idea at the time, but the after effects are not good.
flippychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #6  

I had oatmeal for breakfast. Hopefully if I stick to it I'll feel better by tomorrow. Need some energy to cope with the next week.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #7  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I had a 320 calorie bag of cheetos yesterday... I savored every single one of those cheetos... then afterwords, I felt like I had a big, greasy lump of crap in my stomach. Too much garbage and I get gassy and bloated and sluggish. It still amazes me what a difference eating healthy makes.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Dedicate today to the superfoods. When I have oatmeal, I always throw in some blueberries.

Add in avocados, fresh berries, almonds, olive oil, that sort of thing into your plan today!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #9  
Next stop Onederland!

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I know your pain! Went out for a bday dinner last night and today well, aside from feeling terrible inside, i also spent a lot of time in the restroom. Oi, so not worth it.
Noelle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 169/144/135

Height: 5'6"

I just had a lunch of chocolate covered strawberries, brownies, canolli's, and fried food. It was the holiday office party. I'm feeling sick to my stomach and the dinner I had last night didn't help. I'm ready to go home and crawl into bed so I don't have to think about or feel crappy anymore.

I figure maybe I can drink a lot of water and flush some of the disgust out.
ja2ma6lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #11  
Don't give up.

S/C/G: 195/195/165

Height: 5'0"

To ja2ma6lee

Water is a good idea. Don't beat yourself up, too much. Instead of crawling into bed to hide the emotions, go for a walk instead. You'll probably feel better after walking at least some of it off and you won't feel as guilty.

That's what I do when I fall off the healthy eating wagon -- go for a long walk!
neon_zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 301/223.4/160

I know how you feel. I have been eating like a condemned woman for the past week and feel horrible. Bloated, puffy and have little energy.

I see it as further proof that this is not just about the weight but getting the most out of my life. That's what's making me get back on the horse.

I used to think that if I went out to a social event and ate and drank that it was a sign of me being involved. I think this time of year makes me realize that that's not true. It's kind of like "faking" involvement. I think that is why I have been eating recently, I think its ok because I'm being social. When in reality I am just stuffing my face while people talk at me.

A little off topic but yeah..back on the horse is the only way to go. Having little energy is no way to spend the holidays not when there is snow that needs to be snowballed.
ChescaJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:47 AM   #13  
i76

The hardest part is breaking the eat crap feel crap cycle, once you get a day or two past it and realise how much better you feel you don't wantto go back. I am in day 1 that just now.
i76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #14  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

I'm on the binge from HE** right now and I can totally relate to the crappy feelings. Not only has my face broken out with nasty zits, I have no energy, feel bloated, and i'm also feeling depressed. So not only does eating crap make you physically feel bad, but it can also affect your mentality.

That's what makes it so hard for me to get back on track. I just get so pessimistic and it's so difficult to get started again. I feel like nothing matters, and i just want to curl up into a ball and sleep the day away...NOT GOOD!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie View Post
I've been eating everything that can't more out of my way for the last few weeks and I realized something today. I feel like crap. All that processed junk is just making me feel sick. I need a salad.
I couldn't agree more. After I eat processed stuff I wake up feeling more depressed and with a very dry mouth. I also know it effects my skin.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote