General Diet Plans and Questions - Accuweight Bead Diet

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Accuweight Bead Diet

Annleslie
12-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Hopefully, this thread will become the continuation of the previous, "the bead diet".

Added by MOD Ruthxxx

Here's the link to the old thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/165586-bead-diet-14.html#post3609194

Annleslie
12-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Floprieto, it could be that you didn't experience any hunger the 1st two days because you were still on your digestive reserve, depending on what you ate the day prior.

Lose25
12-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks for starting a new thread leslie. I am still trying to get back on track. Ill see where i am at this weekend,

sophiesnowangel
12-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Whew - glad to see this started!

Ruthxxx
12-16-2010, 08:05 AM
I just changed the title to make it easier to find and will post some links.

Annleslie
12-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Man. Is everyone cheating and that's why it's so quiet in here??? lol

Lose25
12-17-2010, 09:02 AM
yup.

Annleslie
12-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Hahahaha Well, I still have not found any scientific base for eating only between 12 and 6 PM, and I have asked doctors and nutritionists alike who have never heard this. I think one of our main problems with being unable to follow the plan is not eating for 3/4 of the day, each and every day.

Lose25
12-18-2010, 12:24 PM
I agree. I am off beads for now. But have been maintaining my 20 something lbs weight loss. I am going back on in the new years. I have been doing milk days on days wher ei eat horribly. ANd i have drank tea and milk as soon as i got up also around 9 when i got off work. I seem to be more successful and still lost the same amount of weight. I am at 139 lbs. I think the biggest problem we have is the long distance program. Being in canada i hardly hear from my counselor even when i email her. Sometimes she answers right away and sometime it takes her more than a week to answer. And the fact the she calls once a month or not even once a month because shes too busy just doesnt help. So even though we are paying the same amount we definitely dont get the same amount of support that everyone else gets. And we are pretty much on our own in this diet.

On a better note I feel good at this weight but i know i could feel better and more amazing if i lost 10 more lbs. Anyways i have lost my motivation not go back to the way i was but to be perfect on the bead. I just cannot get back in the zone like i was in the beginning. And i am okay with that. Since i have tried my whole life to get to the 130s and get out of the 160s. For the year of 2010 losing 20 lbs or so has in about two a month and a half with lots of cheating has been good. I wont complain ill just be thankful for it. And 2011 i better get back to being in the zone. HOw is everyone ele fairing so far?

Annleslie
12-19-2010, 04:46 AM
Lose25, you lost me. When did you actually start AW and what was your starting wt?

Have you done any kind of transition to maintain? I don't even know what is entailed in transition, so I was curious. Or, is transition essentially just doing 2 milk days a week to keep the weight in check?

sophiesnowangel
12-19-2010, 08:51 AM
AnnLeslie,

I did not do AW transition but figured it out on my own. I hit goal October 1 and now weigh 5 lbs. less. It seemed that my schedule got crazy and I could not get to the AW office. I try to do 1 milk day a week. I also try not to eat after 6 pm 1-2 days a week.

I count calories, avoid carbs for the most part and just use common sense. I am on the scale every morning and that keeps me in check. If it goes up more than 2 lbs. then it is a milk day for me. I will have a more normal routine in January and since I am at a stable weight I plan on losing a few more lbs. then.

Loose25 - I found the AW office to be rather useless and there was NO,
as in ZERO, counseling except for processing my payment. Trust me, I do think this works, but I am not an unaware consumer.

Basically you are on your own so use good judgment and listen to your own body. That is why reusing your beads is ok as far as I am concerned. Why not? You paid for them.

Annleslie
12-19-2010, 12:31 PM
"Weight Loss Myth: Eating only fruits, vegetables and milk for days will help lose weight. Fact: This wt. loss will only last for a week.
Many people have a mistaken belief that eating only fruits, vegetables and milk for days will help to lose weight real quick. But the truth is that this weight loss is only there for the first week. After that you will hit a plateau which will result in frustration and binge eating."

I found the above at http://www.lifemojo.com/health-guides/health-tip/****************-eating-only-fruits-1885739

Annleslie
12-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Where are you, HeldenMommy?

Annleslie
12-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Oh, come on. With all the intensive suffering I am still doing, I want to know that I am not alone.

Maybe it's time to try a new plan. Has anyone heard of the Metabolic Typing Diet?

Lose25
12-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Hey. Well i am back up to 143 lbs from 135lbs. But i am not willing to give up on this diet. I had a perfect milk day today. And another one tomorrow. I am going to do a veg day on thursday then two dinners. The way i look at it is that i have to restart in January. For now i am trying to maintain at 138 lbs. Annleslie how are you doing on it?

Annleslie
12-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Here's the thing...I can go an entire 9 days perfectly and drop 4-5 lbs, but just 1 day off and I gain 4-5 lbs. It is terrible to work so hard to lose but regain in the blink of an eye.

LillyLover
12-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Annleslie, I totally agree on that. I have been absolutely TERRIBLE with this diet for the past week and a half or so. Way too many social functions that center around food :(

I'm back up to 128 as of this morning, after hitting an all-time low of 124.something maybe two weeks back. I have really got to get it together. Sliding back into the 130s will be devastating for me. My goal is 120, and I should have easily hit it at the beginning of the month, but cheats really killed it for me.

We can do this!

sophiesnowangel
12-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Don't go south y'all!

This diet works. The owner of the salon I go to has lost 10 lbs. in a month and my hairdresser is starting on Monday. I have been to 3 parties -s,m,t and ate what I wanted within reason. Today was a milk day and so will be tomorrow. I am up my 2 lbs. maximum and will be on best behavior.

I have no qualms that I will survive the holidays intact.
You can do it too. Just don't give it up completely - the first of the year is just 10'days away. Then you can get back on track 100%.

Annleslie
12-24-2010, 11:52 AM
No, I am not abandoning AW altogether. I am leaning towards modifying it though. I know I'm repeating myself, but I absolutely can not find any basis for only eating between noon and 6 PM, independent of AW.

My problem with this schedule is that I can not consume the entire 1.5 lbs of vegetables and 2 fruits in that 6 hour period without feeling stuffed, so I typically only eat 1 lb. of veggies and 1 fruit. But, I certainly am hungry later, starting at 9 PM, and the hunger keeps me awake. I had a normal sleep cycle until I began AW. Now, I sleep when I get the chance, but in naps rather than all at once.

To experiment with my modification these past few days, I have continued eating the fruits and vegetables and their maximum amounts of 1.5 lbs. and 2 servings, but I have been spreading this food quantity out in a 24 hour period, rather than limiting consumption to just between noon and 6 PM which had me famished and ready to hunt and kill for food.

So far, by eating the same amount that AW instructs, but not limiting it to their timeframe, the result is that I have a greater degree of control in fighting cravings, less hunger and more energy. I also began moderate, low-impact exercise and see that my weight isn't fluctuating so radically from day to day.

I know it has only been a few days, but this modification may just be the only way to work with AW for me personally.

Merry Christmas everyone!

sophiesnowangel
12-26-2010, 09:09 AM
OK so here we are the day after and I have a b'day party to plan for my husband tomorrow.

One week and 4 parties later I am up 3 lbs. Lillylover I am right there with you! Annleslie, glad you aren't giving up on this diet.

So glad I lost a couple of lbs. below goal so I had a buffer zone. Now I need to get throught this b'day dinner and I am done. No New Years Eve plans, my husband will be back at work on the 3rd and I will BOB.

My secret goal was to break another milestone weight by Feb. 12 so I have enough time to do it and will be posting progress, or lack of, LOL.

Lose25 and everyone else looking forward to a great January and we will all be on track.

Annleslie
12-27-2010, 03:19 AM
Interesting, I too have my son's b-day party tomorrow, Monday. I won't worry about eating with the rest of the folks because I made an improved menu of whole wheat pasta, all natural tomatoes and cheese, whole wheat rolls, broccoli and corn, splenda party punch, and organic cake and icing. It's not AW, but it's not refined crap either.

Lose25
12-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Hey everyone! I am so so glad we havent given up. I plan on BOB as of the third. I am going away for new years for five days. I have gone up to 147 lbs from 135 lbs and i am so mad at myself. BUt i am not beating my self up its better then being at 162 lbs. Its horribl i know and i feel horrible but i wont beat myself up. Lets hope this months goes by super fast so we can all go back to being on track. Thank god for winter becausei would of been devestated if it had been summer. The one thing i am really looking forwards to is summer and i know i will have reached my goal by then. BUt going back in january i am hoping to be at goal by end of february and just taking it slow.

LillyLover
12-27-2010, 08:47 PM
I think I may have put my beads on wrong for this current set...I've never been this hungry since starting Accuweight. It's really unbearable and I end up cheating because of it. Tomorrow is my last day on this set and I can't wait to move on. Unfortunately it looks like I maintained for the month of December :(

I'm only 6-8 pounds away from goal, so I hope January is my last month on beads!

sophiesnowangel
12-27-2010, 10:29 PM
LillyLover - isn't it always the last
Lbs. that are hard? I am with you on this one. End of January.

And everyone else can lose at least that! Let's all focus on the end of January.

Annleslie
01-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Wow, this thread got slapped to the 2nd page.

For now, I am going to reevaluate my weight loss approach. AW is getting farther away as a continuous option for me.

guywithbeads
01-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi everyone. I have been reading these posts since about 5P and I can't believe that I have been sitting here for almost 4 hours reading. I feel like I know all of you already. LOL... I know that everyone on here posting are woman, but, I hope it is ok that a man posts as well. Heck, us guys need support as well!!!!

Back on 12/7/2010 - I had my beads applied, and have been on the diet ever since. As of yesterday morning, I lost 33 pounds and I have been amazed by this diet. I still have about another 15-20 pounds to lose before transition, but I just can't believe how quickly the weight has poured off of me. One of my employees even commented to me on Thursday, "Dude, you are too skinny, what are you doing?" LOL. Me too skinny???? Nice!!!!!

I had a goal in mind that if I lost 30 pounds by New Years that I would, "Eat like a wild boar." Well, I did - AND I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. I actually ate a sensible dinner and didn't eat much during the party, but for some reason when I got home at about 1:30A I went buck wild. My son had a half a dominos pizza thin crust pie left in the fridge.... By 2A my son didn't have any pizza in the fridge :D.... Anyway, I was up 3 pounds this morning when I got up, and I am ok with that. Went back on milk this morning and we are back on track.

This diet hasn't been easy. I am a late night eater (As I proved last night) and it is rarely out of hunger, mostly out of habit. I have been going to the Rockland County office and they are great. Very supportive and very nice.

Until finding this forum, I have kind of felt like I have been on an island by myself, so I am glad that I have found all of you.

From a man's perspective, doing a diet like this has almost been a bit embarrassing. People have made fun of my beads, mocked me when I pull out my thermos of chocolate milk (milk with walden Farms choc), and they have even tried to shove food in my mouth when out watching a Football game.

I am a divorced single dad, and even going out on dates has been tough as I can't eat after 6P. When I have been honest about why I can't go out to eat after 6P (On veggie days of course :)) I have been surprised by the laughter and comments of, "You aren't fat, you don't need that." Well, I don't know if I "need" this, but I want it and it is working!!! I started weighing in at 6 foot 1 and 265.5lbs and yesterday was at 232.5 (this mornings weight doesn't count - LOL). I have a big build and I have always found that I look and feel the best at about 215lbs. Even though the weight charts tell me 180, THAT ISN'T HAPPENING!!!!!!! LOL

I am a big guy. Always have been and losing this weight has made me feel better physically, emotionally, and I just overall feel healthier....

Congrats to those of you that have been succeeding on this diet.. To those who have fallen off then Kudos to you for coming back... To those that are just starting then I wish you the best of luck and tell you from my short experience on the diet that this is the best choice to losing weight!!!!

Hope it's ok that I am here!!!

sophiesnowangel
01-03-2011, 01:19 PM
guywithbeads -

Welcome. I bet you will end up weighing less than you plan! Guys lose weight so differently than women.

So much better to binge and get it out of your system. I have been below my original goal and on maintenance but I may go BOB in the next week or so to knock off a few more lbs. so I keep up here.

Hopefully everyone will return with their New Year's resolutions and we can all do this together. Seriously I ate one meal yesterday, a belated Christmas dinner, and sure enough I was up 2 lbs. this morning. So it is a milk day for me!

mom of three girlies
01-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Hello- so i did the bead diet 1 1/2 years ago and lost 35 lbs- well- I have gained 30 back, why?? because I used the milk days as a crutch to eat like a horse on cheat days....... I am back on, but it is SO much harder this time!!! Anyone else???

Lose25
01-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Welcome guy with beads and mom of three!!

I am back on milk day as of today and month of december i gained 13 lbs which i am shocked. So mom of three i am there with you and i am having a hard time as well. But as of today i am back on track and will definitely lose this weight. Good luck everyone.

sophiesnowangel
01-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Hey everyone - one week into 2011. How y'all doing?

mom2gbsb
01-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Hi all...wow it is super quiet on the board; I have been off program for the past month or so, taking a break - can honestly say i didn't enjoy the break because I felt out of sorts...but I needed to take a break just so I can appreciate what I accomplished and to taste real food for a while. My weight is only up 4-5lbs...and I am not trying to minimize it, and I know I can get that off once I get back on program. That is how fast the program works..so I am not freaking out. My clothes still fit the same. I didn't overbinge while off program, I just didn't adhere to all the rules I followed for the 3 months that I was on..I did eat a few times after 7pm. Those of you who are new...DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED (even if you do not see any postings on the board)...THIS PROGRAM DOES WORK!!!! GO BACK AND READ ALL THE PAST POSTS FOR ENCOURAGEMENT. I can honestly say I didn't think I would lose 36lb in less than 3 months..and I did. I just knew I would fail, bc WeightWatchers was too slow and others diets were too much work! This clicked!! and the weight melted off...I am still wearing 14 (yeah...) in fact, I can fit some 12, and I bought a size 10 skirt ..mind blowing it is a little snug but once I am on program for a good 2 weeks that skirt will fit, no doubt about it...what is sooo amazing about this program is if you are FAITHFUL and DO NOT CHEAT and rotate and drink your water..you lose inches like crazy..don't worry about the scale...see the inches melt off..
You can try on an outfit on Monday that is gut busting tight...within 2 weeks of FAITHFUL EATING that outfit can fit...that is what I love about this...

I just wanted to check in briefly..going back on program tomorrow..bc my goofing off days are over, enjoyed my bead vacation and can't wait to get back to eating on plan. I have about 40-45 to go...and my ultimate goal is to get to a size 8 by May (certainly realistic)...and I WILL DO IT...This is kick butt time!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE..HANG IN THERE!!

Cheryl123
01-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Hello Everyone. Well I started 1/3/11 and I lost 11.5 pounds my first week. I am excited yet still curious. I changed my eating. I started at 287 and need to go dwn to atleast 150. So Im trying to do this in 7 months. OK Will wrking out expedite this or what. I use to be a fitness instructor and as well asay college has me off balance. I am wrking on my Masters now and in Clinicals so If I can manage this with this program and you guys help It will wrk. The beads are alot itchy and I want to scratch my ears off at times. Anyone in Queens NY? I want to hear from the people that excercisise with the program..

mom2gbsb
01-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi Cheryl123...I'm told by my counselor that exercise doesn't necessarily expedite the weight loss. Yes calories in and calories out theory applies. Because your caloric intake is so low they discourage intense exercise, especially during the day, and only recommend exercise after 6pm. This program works so efficiently that you do not need to exercise, however, you can do light cardio and pilates for toning, stretching, etc. Strength-training is definitely FORBIDDEN!! All in all..I say keep with the program, doing what was recommended and get light exercise in and maybe some ab workouts, but I wouldn't go overboard. I never would have imagined losing 36lbs effortlessly with no exercise..meanwhile I went to the gym 2 years ago and bust my hump for 4 months straight 2 hours a day and only lost 20lbs...that tells me a lot...I was strong physically but I am certainly more leaner with this program. Much success to you...keep up the good work!!

guywithbeads
01-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Hey all... Just checking back in.... Down 47 pounds so far since 12/7/10.. My initial goal was 40 pounds so I am happy to report that I surpassed that. Well, I am going to Vegas on 1/27th so the goal is to stick strictly to the plan, go to Vegas an enjoy myself... When I get back, go on for a week (to undue the Vegas Damage :) ). Then go on transition.

How is everyone doing?

Kim in NJ
01-17-2011, 03:00 AM
WOW Bead Guy - you are doing terrific! Congrats!!!
I did wonderful on this plan a year ago but as with everything in my life I give up. I just re-committed this weekend and want to feel as good as I did when I last followed it to the "T".

My dad was in ICU all weekend after a scare and I need to take care of myself before I am in the same boat. Praise God he is OK - but he and I both need to get ourselves healthy!

Will catch up on posts later. Nice to be here with other "beaders". :)

prettyinpink116
01-17-2011, 05:08 PM
guywithbeads WOW Congrats!!

Kim in NJ I hope your dad is ok & Good luck with restarting this diet! You'll do it!!

I also was really successful with this diet a few months back I did it for a month I stuck to it to a T & lost about 34lbs, but then I came off, a bunch of stuff was going on & i had to travel back & forth from where I live to out of state then kept starting & stopping till I finally gave up.

But today I decided I will do it again once & for all. I have 4 months left till I have to go back to work and I really want to lose the bulk of my weight before I go back. SO EVERYONE WISH ME LUCK!

WE CAN DO THIS!

sophiesnowangel
01-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone! I an still on maintenance but think I may go BOB to drop another few lbs. or so. I went shopping this weekend and I love my size but could trim up a bit. I have been exercising faithfully but you do not lose weight with exercise alone. Also you can't spot exercise - bummer.

Anyway congrats to all in your success and good luck to the rest of us!

Kim in NJ
01-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Wow the nights really are the hardest on this plan... I could eat my furniture! I know in 2 weeks these cravings will be gone but for now it's just so hard. :) Think I should just head to bed and try to forget about all the junk in my house!

prettyinpink116
01-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Kim in NJ i know how you feel. That happened to me last night and you know what helped me?? I took a tbs of honey in some chamomile tea ( or any flavor tea you like, I have all different flavors, candy cane,, vanilla chai, black & green tea..etc.) and sipped it real slow. I also have a never-ending supply of alot of sugar free candys like Baskin Robbins sugar free candies or Werther's sugar free candies. They are so good and really help! 4 pieces are about 40 cals & the Werthers I think its 5 pieces for 40 cals,something around there. I have cookies and cream and coffee mocha flavors. That and being stacked up on Extra sugar free gum help me sooo much too! I also have tons of Pepsi Max and all different flavors of individual sugar free packet drinks that I can pour in my water bottle, shake it up and have a sweet drink! :) Having all these things on hand really help me alot when I feel like I want to eat something I shouldn't. I figured I'd share my tips with you :hug:
THIS DIETS ONLY TEMPORARY! WE CAN DO IT!

Starrynight
01-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey guys. It's great to see new people on here doing so well!
So.. I'm seriously back now.
Day 5, 6 lbs down. Slight cheating occurred revolving around dark chocolate, but I didn't let them get out of control (like eating other things).

So I think I'm mentally prepared now to do this, but I've come to some conclusions about the diet regarding myself.. that 1) - someone mentioned the "rev meals" - they really do work! a couple years ago I went from 192 to 141/143 and I did so by cheating every so often.. I noticed if it was something sugary or processed, I felt like crap.. but if it was something like chicken or a subway sandwich, my weight would stall very momentarily but then drop significantly. I'm thinking this is actually a good way for me to stay one, but I will only cheat with protein like fish or chicken once I feel my body stalling or tiring.
2) Been doing a lot of soul-searching and have finally fully committed myself to SERIOUSLY wanting to lose weight. Before it was sort of.. desperation, and I kept trying because I just wanted to stop being at my weight asap.. now I've come to sort of a wiser understanding of it, if that makes sense to anyone? Weight loss is such a personal thing.
3) Honestly, this diet is great.. but if it isn't working, I think the transition plan is just as effective as a diet plan.. it might go slower, but it's still really healthy! Protein - fish/chicken/ with veggies and fruit. I just met up with someone who lost over 60 lbs doing callanetics and just monitoring his food intake. This diet, however, does something to your body in that it totally gets rid of all the processed sugars and the chemicals that keep you addicted to them. I read somewhere that your taste palette can change in 27 days, and i recall this DID occur with me, where the sight of sugary treats made me feel physically sick and even a bite would make me feel incredibly gross. So i've decided that after a certain amount of time on this diet, if I feel I cannot go on bc of social pressures to go out and eat (it is a huge hindrance, esp being a college student!) - I will just be sensible and stay away from sugary/processed foods as really not a diet, but as a general rule of life. I don't feel good when I eat those foods, I feel sluggish. My energy really picked up last time on this diet after the 2nd-3rd week. So i think if anyone else feels this way, stay on it for a while and then just be sensible.. eat protein like fish or chicken, combine it with veggies, stay away from sugar or flour as much as you can.. etc.

Over the holidays, I went through horrible eating habits, stress over the finals, college drinking with people who were toxic.. and now I'm in a much better state and I'm excited about this diet.

I'm going to commit myself to getting down to 150 through this diet.. then I will see where I am at in terms of how I feel about the diet. This will take me a month and half. Good luck to everyone!

guywithbeads
01-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Uggghhh, the past week I have felt like crapola!!!! I don't know if it is mental or what, but i am just tired, weak, etc. I have stuck to the diet as I have found that after my Xmas eve and New Years eve cheating it is harder to get back on the horse.... On the bright side. down 53 pounds. The last couple of weeks the weight loss has slowed to the 5-6 pounds per week rate, but I guess that is to be expected toward the end. Anyone have anything uplifting? lol

megsy
01-22-2011, 04:17 PM
hey everyone, i'm new to this bead diet. Trying to do a little bit of research before i start. I came here hoping for some support, because my fiance thinks i'm a nut case-haha- well i got turned onto the diet from a friends mom who lost 60lbs two years ago and has maintained it. I have my orientation on friday and i was just wondering if anyone could help me with what to expect and some helpful tips. I have about 80lbs to my goal weight, and my health depends on it at this point because i've got PCOS, and it could affect my infertility if i don't lose the weight.

Thank you everyone! and congrats to everyone with success.:carrot:

Kim in NJ
01-26-2011, 03:48 AM
Hi Megsy.... sorry, just seeing your post now but I am headed to bed. i can write more tomorrow but it def helps to listen to the orientation over the phone first. it's a toll free number and takes about an hour. more tomorrow. :)

megsy
01-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Thanks kim for the response. I started my beads yesterday along with the diet, and i feel like i was never in so much hunger pains than yesterday night. The entire day i was fine with no feeling of hunger until about 8pm. I tried so hard to fall asleep and i couldn't because i was so hungry i ended up staying awake til 1am crying because of the pain. But i made it through the first day and i'm definitely so proud of myself :carrot:because i didn't give into the cravings for food. Today is day 2 for me, and i'm really nauseous and the hunger is definitely not as bad yet (knock on wood). Hot tea has been my choice of drink the last two days and its helping me get through today. Does anyone have any tips on how to make this first week more bareable? I've been rubbing my ears doing the breathing and drinking hot tea like it's my job.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I'm trying to keep it in mind that this is all mental and after this week it'll get better.

sophiesnowangel
01-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Megay - I want to encourage you.

I am also 5'2" and I started the diet at 155, steady at 124 for 3+
months.

Just wanted to jump on for some encouragement!

I am below goal. In hindsight it wasn't easy but IT WAS WORTH IT!

hcsh1229
01-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone, today is my first day on the "bead diet" went to the Dr. today and got my first set of beads on!! This is my first time doing this so I hope I could make it threw!! I think this might be the hardest diet I am ever going to try and believe me I have tried them all!! wish me luck!!:dizzy:

mom2gbsb
02-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Remember..this is TEMPORARY!! Those were the words said to me on this forum. If you remember that then you can get through it. Believe me this program works. It is amazing how fast the weight melts off. I tried everything..Weight Watchers multiple times and would always plateau at 9-10lbs...crazzzy!! First 12 days on this program lost 13lbs and 18 inches..nearly 3 inches from waist alone!! Amazing!! All I am saying .. DON'T CHEAT YOURSELF!! Stay focused...one day at a time..one rotation at a time...it will be worth it in 2-3 cycles..bc you can easily be down 25lbs...Wishing you the best!!

As for me, I am taking a break from bead diet. I lost 37lbs...I am now calorie counting for a few months to drop another 25lbs..and to reintroduce food into my lifestyle, plan to return to bead probably in April to get the last 25lbs off..I know I probably should have done bead all the way through, my lifestyle is extremely social and my friends who are no longer doing beads are not that supportive...no fun drinking milk when everyone is doing buffalo wings. LOL! However, my appetite has decreased tremendously sooo thankful to that...and this leans you out. I love it. So from size 18W/20W to size 14..I am happy!!

guywithbeads
02-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Hey all. Just touching base. Went to Vegas for 5 days and ate and drank like a rockstar!!!! Gained 4 pounds back but it was worth it. Lol. 2 days of milk and all the gain went away!!!! Any how. Today is my 2 month anniversary on the diet and down a total of 60lbs down. My initial goal was to lose 40 but just kept going. Think I'm gonna go on maintenance after my weigh in on Thursday. But we shall see. I do know now that I've lost this weight the next step is hitting the gym!!!!! To all the newbies, this diet works!!!! Congrats to all

mom2gbsb
02-10-2011, 09:50 AM
WOW Guywithbeads...that is awesome for you...but stinks for us women...we can expect to lose half that in 2 months...30lbs for us in 2 months is good...you blow us out of the water with 60lbs..haha..really CONGRATS!! This diet indeed does work...whenever I fall off a bit I do restart it over with milk days and it does melt it right off..and from their we need to stay on the wagon to get the furnace burning again...Keep up the good work everyone!!

pateen
02-10-2011, 04:30 PM
where do you place the beads? and can u make your own?

sophiesnowangel
02-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Guywithbeads - congrats!

This diet is the best! I have been maintaining for 4 months now. Still may try to trim off a few more with another set of beads but the temperature needs to be above freezing!

Mom2gbsb - I hear you about taking a break. Stick with watching what you eat. I have an ap on my phone that tracks calories, Loseit.

Patton - have you gone to the website? This is an investment in not just money but in time and commitment. The $ I spent was worth every penny. I did figure out a way to reuse my beads after I hit goal. Wore them as a reminder, but haven't for a while now. I made a lifestyle change on this diet.

pateen
02-12-2011, 04:49 AM
Sophiesnowange - Unsure if your 'Patton' post was meant for myself 'Pateen'
I'm just curious about the beads function in the weight loss plan. I understand the dietary part, reduction of calories + exercise = weight loss (not rocket science) Why purchase beads though? why not use a bead on the accupressure areas which affect the hypothalmus? In that way you would still 'invest' time and commitment yes as with any serious undertaking in your life, but you would 'SAVE' money then reward yourself for your disiplined commitment, ie. take a nice sun holiday, purchase smaller clothes, donate to your favourite chairty etc. Just some thoughts from a curious reader:)

sophiesnowangel
02-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Pateen- your choice.
I was not hungry using the beads. I also think there is a bit of mumbo jumbo in this but I am a size 4 today and that is proof of the pudding!

pateen
02-13-2011, 02:28 AM
Sophiesnowangel - Congratulations to you I am happy you've reached your goal, size 4
I guess you misunderstood my point about the beads which can be purchased at most holistic websites, $14 for 300 The exact same beads, the eating plan is already on line at no cost
Someone's making a lot of money from vulnerable people and that to me is very unfortunate
Continued good luck, reuse your beads or look on line for a way less expensive exact product

guywithbeads
02-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Well, I went on transition on Friday AM. I have gained a pound an a half, but I think I may have celebrated a bit too much on Friday night with some crackers, cheese, and pepperoni. Certainly not on the transition protocol. LOL. I stuck to the transition to a T on Saturday and will do the same today. Monday and Tuesday will be my milk days. 65.5 pounds lost and would like to maintain... I am going to join a personal training gym to attempt to tone up and institute a work out regime to keep the new me. Went to a party last night and I was getting speeches all night about how I lost too much, I look sickly, etc. People are just amazing. They love to poke when you weigh too much and then love to poke when you lose too much. I just had to laugh.... Anyway, good luck to everyone!!!!

sophiesnowangel
02-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Guywithbeads - I heard it today at a business event with people I see once s year.
What you did isn't healthy, etc., etc.

I referenced the nutritionist who went on the Twinkie diet last fall. It is not about eating healthier, it is about being healthy.

Pateen - sorry if I misunderstood. Would love to buy beads but did not search. Will look and would like to find. I agree, Once you know the regimine then you could do this on your own.

hoping4change
02-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Hi Everyone!
I heard about this program through through a friend. I live in West Orange and was told there is an office there...now, as a wife, mother of two, emplyed full time, graduate student. I have had no energy nor...well anything! to excercise or diet or anything like that. I am really interested in hearing from you all the real truth...does it work???:(

pateen
02-15-2011, 11:36 PM
hoping4change research this on line, do it yourself, do not 'buy' beads (don't waste your money) 'it' works though, my friend lost 49lbs from Oct-Dec on it, stuck to eating plan and used beads (someone gave them to her) You honestly can do this by yourself with a little on line research
Good luck to you

hoping4change
02-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Pateen, any idea where I can find any good info? And where to purchase the beads...I've googled and all referece the accuweight site at one point or another :(

prettyinpink116
02-23-2011, 04:43 PM
@guywithbeads
WOW! Congrats! I know the diet is amazing. Last summer I did it for 30 days and lost 32 lbs! I was amazed. The diet works wonders.

Im thinking about redoing it again bc I still have a lot to lose but my bf doesn't think I should do it bc everytime (besides that one time I went 30 days) I've attempted to do this diet I've failed. I really think I can do it this time but then again I always think I can do it. Uhhhhh I dunno what to do anymore :(

Lose25
02-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Pretty in pink. I know how you exactly feel. I am ging back on tomorrow. This is my second time. First time i lost all the weight i wanted. Its just that transition is so freaking hard to do. Lets try to do it togrther. We can motivate eachother. So to everyone iam BOB as of tomorrow.

How is everyone doing so far?

prettyinpink116
02-25-2011, 04:17 AM
@ hoping4change yes it does work. I did it for a month last August and lost 32 lbs!! My best friend was the one that told me about it, she lost 40lbs in bout a month & a 1/2 and her mom lost round 50lbs in about 2 months. Also, if you go to their website and look at their photo section you'll see the results of some of the woman that did the diet, the results are really something! :)
heres the link: http://accuweight.com/photos.htm

@Lose25 Yes I am definitely down to do it together! I really feel that I WILL succeed this time! + my boyfriend doesn't think I can do it bc I've failed a few times before so its more motivation to prove him wrong! lol
And we can motivate eachother & keep eachother on track checking in everyday. But i got mother natures gift yesterday so I am going to start it when its over, which is usually 4-5days so looks like Monday will be the day. :)
We can definitely do this!! I just think about it like, time is flying by so fast the next thing we know its gonna be summer and were gonna be looking suppa hott! :carrot::carrot:

tjmare
02-25-2011, 11:37 AM
So the question still remains, this Accu-trim weight loss program stipulates you only need to use the beads. No need to diet or exercise according to the mailer I received.

"This benefits the body as a whole and DRAMATICALLY INCREASES THE RATE OF FAT BURN without restricting food intake or increasing activity levels."

Is this really the case? Can anyone confirm or are the accu-trim beads a waste of money. I tried to google Dr. Jane Griffithson with NO luck - this Dr. Cant be found. And when I googled Dr. George L. Bingham, the finds were negative. The beads have been banned in the UK. Here is the link for that -> motleyhealth.com/lose-weight/fat-burning-beads-banned

hoping4change
02-25-2011, 09:12 PM
@ lose25-how is the transition after?
@prettyinpink116-thank you! I have my orientation March 17th :)

prettyinpink116
02-27-2011, 01:11 AM
@tjmare this is called "the accu weight loss aka bead diet" and isnt related to that flyer you got in the mail which was for the accu-trim beads (atleast thats what I think they're called according to what you wrote) which are similar to the beads you use for this diet but along with this diet you need to follow a strict diet plan and I dunno anything about that Dr. Jane guy you mentioned, but the beads used for this diet aren't banned anywhere (i dont think atleast???) & this diet was created by a man named Dr. Schwartz and along with wearing the beads you have to follow a strict diet. Heres the link to the website about the diet http://accuweight.com/

Im not sure if you knew this thread was for the bead diet not just the beads. Well I hope i helped a little :) and if you have any questions just ask anyone on here & if we know we;ll be glad to help!! :)

@hoping4change thats great!!! I'll be on it starting Monday so we can motivate eachother! :)

guywithbeads
02-27-2011, 03:01 PM
70 pounds later, here I am.... Well, That was about 60 pounds later, and dropped about another 10 after that..... My nephew today who I haven't seen in a couple of months asked me this morning if I have cancer....Nice....LOL

Kim in NJ
02-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi everyone.. Ya know it's really lucky my "commitment" to my husband/marriage isn't as feeble as my "commitment" to this diet!!! I know it's hard - I know it I know it I know it... BUT I know it works and gets so much easier a month into it... Yet my own personality sabatoges me every step of the way. I just need to get through 2-3 weeks without cheats and I'm good to go but haven't been able to do that yet.

I talked with Dr S and he pegged my personality and why this isn't working. I told him I crave salt after 8PM - as in cheezits, chips etc (which I'm really not a big fan of)... he said any salt cravings are really a sign of dehydration so i need to drink more water. He also told me in order to change my behavior patterns (ie eating for no apparent reason except comfort) to initially keep some sugar free jello on hand for the nights. Only one flavor per week (the more flavors - the greater the cravings)... but he said he didn't care if I ate 6 cups of jello a night as long as that was the only thing I was eating. He was right! - I am sick of jello now but it did help me through a few rough nights.

So far this week has been good although my weight loss is no where near what it was 18 month ago when I first tried this plan. But I am down 7 this re-committed first week so I am thrilled and motivated to continue.

Wishing everyone much success this week - Guy wih the Beads you look great and don't listen to your friends.. With the weight loss your body is carrying so much less you are in a healthier position now... Do they think gastric bypass is healthy? Not really but it GETS obese people to a healthier weight quickly to hopefully jumpstart them into a new more controlled lifestyle. Good Luck with transition.

...Kim

PS - Edited to also say... one full week back on this program and I have so much energy already. Today I played Just Dance 2 on the Wii with my kids and I was on par with my 14 and 7 yr old daughters. Oh and I cleaned out 2 closets that have been calling me for months! I do love the energy I feel.

prettyinpink116
02-27-2011, 07:46 PM
@guywithbeads

WOW!! that is amazing!!!! & you look great!! U DO NOT look like you have cancer! OMG lol. Its so true what you said before, people criticize if your too big or too skinny. uhhhh lol. Well im getting back on the diet tomorrow and I just wanna say thanks for the motivation!! :P

@Kim in NJ I know how you feel. This will be my 4th time doing this diet bc the past 3 X's Ive tried it the longest I went was 1 full month then stopped. Tried to do it again 2 X's the same week I messed up and it didn't happen and I just gave up for a while. And now tomorrow will be the 4th time I will do this diet and I KNOW i will not fail this time around. I even made a countdown calender counting the days down to the 1st day of summer. I REFUSE to be big this summer and promised myself last summer that I WILL NOT be big ever again for another summer!

WE CAN DO THIS!!

guywithbeads
02-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the nice comments prettyinpink and Kim.. Keep up the great work!!!!

prettyinpink116
02-27-2011, 11:20 PM
@guywithbeads No problem!! SO it took you 2 months to lose 70 lbs? Is that right?? WOW thats amazing and you should be proud!!!

sophiesnowangel
03-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Guywithbeads - wow!

You are an inspiration. All of you who have any questions about whether or not this will work for you just look at the pictures.

I have maintained since October. I MAY drop another 5 or so just for for grins. I am a nut at the gym and I am in great shape. Love my size 4s!

The key here is that I have maintained. I eat pretty much what I want on the weekendwithin reason and watch what I eat M-Thurs. I also have cut out most carbs and I eat lots of yogurt and salad.

hoping4change
03-01-2011, 08:56 AM
prettyinpink116 - Yes, definitely! After two boys and 55lbs later I need this badly...I would definitely love to support eachother so we can do this! :hug:I stare at my closet with all my beautiful clothes that I can't fit into and I just cry...I can't live like this anymore...I want to be able to run and play with my kids without feeling like I'm so heavy I need to take constant breaks :(

@guywithbeads - WOW is right! you look fantastic...ok now I'm really excited to do this in two weeks!

@ guywithbeads AND Sophiesnowangel - I have two questions though...how is the transition period? I mean, after eating pretty much nothing is it them helping you ease into food again? and lastly (and forgive me for getting personal) with this rapid weight loss is a person left with "jiggly" areas? meaning flabby arms, tummy, etc? That's my biggest fear...scares the heck out of me!:?:

Thank you all for being so supportive and for being so willing to share your thoughts :)

guywithbeads
03-01-2011, 11:57 AM
@Hoping. No problem on the personal questions. The amazing thing is that I have found very little, "flab" as a result of this. My stomach was pretty big and I was concerned about that. I do have a little jiggly in the lower belly, but I am seeing that go away with some situps. One of the things that the doctor at the office discussed and I think that they said it on the orientation was that unlock other diets, you don't get a lot of the hanging skin, etc. I don't know why it is.

Transition has been interesting for me. Yes, they, "ease" you in but introducing a different form of protein each week for 5 days. On those 5 days you essentially stick to the fruit/vegetable protocol then add 5-7 oz of protein. First lean chicken and fish, then more and more. After a few weeks after you have proven to maintain they add carbs to the diet. After that week you are on maintenance. For me I don't think that the 5-7 ounces of protein is enough as I have lost 2-3 pounds on each week of transition (gain weight then lose it all on the 2 milk days). I go back in on Thursday and the discussion has started that if I lose again that they are going to add more then the 5-7 ounces. Hope that helped....

@Pretty - Thank you.... Yeas I am proud!!! LOL

Will be even prouder if 1 year from now I am still down this weight.... LOL

Lose25
03-01-2011, 01:51 PM
GUY with BEADs wow way to go you look amazing!!! I started BOB today since its march first. and i have about 30 lbs to lose.

Hoping4change: Transition for me sucked. I was doing the long distance and wasnt getting called often or enough. When i was suppose to transition my counsellor forgot to calle me. When she did it was way too late and it was down hill from there. My second try i am hoping to do it right. I also live on my own now so i dnt have to worry about my moms cooking. If you have any more questions about it inbox me and ill share whati know.

To everyone good luck and lets do this one more time!

Lose25
03-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Pretty in pink. Ill be here with you. I know how that feels. I have been trying to get back on track and i keep messing up. Ill make sur ei come on line every day and well encourage eachother and same or everyone else.

Guy with beds. Good luck on maintaining i found that was really hard for me. BUt you can do it with suport.

hoping4change
03-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Thank you all I am REALLY excited!!!! I'll keep you all posted.
@Guywithbeads - thank you for being so honest and sharing with me...I hope I can see as wonderful results as you have :)

Kim in NJ
03-04-2011, 01:58 AM
How is everyone doing? I lost 6 this week (my first full week back)... I was down 7 the other day but settled in at 6 at the Dr office. I'm still not 100% on this... I think I need a nighttime project to keep me busy. I told my husband we should start cleaning out the garage or the basement or something to keep me occupied after 8PM.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
:)

sophiesnowangel
03-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Kim in NJ

You go girl! Not shabby. I used to make "candies" with the WF chocolate syrup and the WF peanut and/or raspberry in the freezer in a plastic ice cube tray. I would have these in the evening with a cup of tea.

If course losing 6 lbs. in a week helps with motivation too.

Kim in NJ
03-05-2011, 12:58 PM
oooo sophie that sounds like a great idea. can you tell me the recipe? Did you use the choc syrup or the thicker dip? That might really help me.

Today we had a ladies' breakfast at church and it was tough. It was at 9AM but I couldn't just sit there with coffee... so i had my plain yogurt early today. I sat the farthest away from the table on purpose and I figured that once everyone picked trough everything at the buffet it wouldn't look so appetizing. Wouldn't you know they called our table first!!! So i did add a couple of bites of cantaloupe to my plate and and one scoop of scrambled eggs. Now I'm off to do Dance 2 on the Wii with my kids...

Have a great Saturday everyone.

sophiesnowangel
03-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Kim,

I used a plastic ice tray. I would pour in a little chocolate syrup, then a dollop of the WF peanut or raspberry jelly, then a bit more of the choc syrup and then freeze. I would take 3 or 4 out to thaw a bit while my tea was steeping.

BTW I was the queen of cheating and yet the scale would continue to drop so my method worked for me. I also worked out a lot which is a no-no as well.

I check on here to keep me honest and to not forget what I have a
accomplished. I am planning to commit to a 2 week stint sometime this spring.

This is just for vanity to see if I could weigh what I did when I got married 25 years ago and 5 lbs. will do it. Unfortunately my body has "shifted" so I am afraid to try on my wedding suit. LOL!

On another note I just had my physical and my numbers were incredible! I cannot believe how losing weight made such a difference.

SWEETZA
03-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Hi everyone. I'm doing the bead diet down in New City, NY. It's an amazingly easy diet. Sometimes I forget I'm on it and think I'm cheating... and I'm not.

I started on February 6th and have lost about 13.5 pounds so far. Was hoping to have lost a lot more - have been sticking to it 100%. No cheating at all. I guess everyone is different. Any advice as to how I can get bigger chunks of weight loss each week? I need to lose 50 more pounds, so it's not like I'm a skinny chick .

:dizzy:

Thank you bead diet friends!

Also, I have some great recipes that I would love to share.

Doreen
03-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I started accuweight on Feb 4 and I am down 26 lbs. I have a long long way to go though. (110 lbs more to go) So sick at myself for letting myself gets so bad but if I keep with it, I should be at goal by my bday in October.

Any vegie recipes people have are well accepted.. I am not a huge veggie person so I am having a hard time with recipes. I have tired a bunch but there is no LOVE yet LOL. Milk days are easier for me.. Nice flavored milk (almond divinci YUMMY) and some drained yogart with WF choc and cinammon.. YUMMY.

Keep coming off weight.. feeling bloated the last day or two..

Doreen

Doreen
03-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Today was milk day x2.. my favorite days.

I had strained yogart mixed with cinnamon and wf choc syrup and will be drinking my milk with almond divince syrup..

I think I will make Spaghetti Squash and caponata, as well as some zucchini sticks for the next couple days..

What is on your menu?

Doreen

SWEETZA
03-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi Doreen, Have you tried the butternut squash? It you cut it up like fries and put it on a pam sprayed baking sheet and sprinkle with seasoning salt and bake it for about 20-40 minutes it comes out soooo good! Also, I tried boiling sliced apples with cinnamon and the WB maple syrup. It was REALLY REALLY GOOD. Tasted like the inside of an apple pie!

I want to lose weight faster! I'm losing 2.5 per week. Want to lose numbers like 5 or 6. Any advice?

Beth

Lose25
03-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Sweetza you should definitely be losing way more then that. I wouldnt be on this diet if only lost 2.5 lbs a week. Since you can do that without starving yourself lol. Drink lots and lots of water and you should be able to lose 4-5 lbs a week. Thats the only thing that worked for me. GOOd luck!! HOw much weight do you have to lose?

Doreen
03-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Hello,

Yes I like the butternut squash fries, just wish they werent mushy LOL. Applies boiled or broiled? How do you do it.. sounds yummy... I have put apples with cinnamon and splenda in the oven until soft.. pretty yummy but I LOVE Cinnamon :)

I weighted in yesterday and down another 6 lbs. that is 32 lbs since Feb 4 start. :carrot:

I have just been trying to drink my water, rub my beads and stick to the plan. if weight loss is slow (less than 3lbs) try less sweetner, try less avocado and less plantains. If those are already not an issue are you rubbing your beads every other hour? One week I only went down 3 lbs and i was forgetting my beads and water. Dr S. told me to rub my beads hourly if need to in order to get the number of massages of them that is needed. You are more likely to hit the odd hours if you are remembering more often to massage them.

As for water, I am not drinking what i am suppose to . I should be drinking 140 oz and no way I can drink that much water. I am drinking more like 100 oz but I am happy with 6 lbs a week.

Come on August. I want to start eating meat again and some cheese LOL.

MODERATION/SELF CONTROL! by August I hope I have both of them :) heheheh

SWEETZA
03-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi Lose 25, I need to lose 60 total, have lost 18 in a little over 4 weeks. I guess I'm losing more than 2.5 each week, but it's not huge numbers. Have lost a lot of inches... didnt measure, but I'm shrinking and I look better. Thanks for the tip about the water. It's hard to drink a lot of water... but I'll keep at it!

SWEETZA
03-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi, is Dr. S. the Dr. S in New City, NY? He's a doll! I do enjoy my avocado... and I do have a lot of equal... and I do need to drink more WATER! Thank you so much for this information.

SWEETZA
03-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Hi doreen, The Apples: I boil them in a saucepan with a little bit o water, some cinnamon and the maple syrup. I keep it on low and put a lid on it until the apples are very mushy. Extremely good. I'm thinking if I put some acorn squash into it, it may taste even better.. like sweet potato pie!

MelissaF
03-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Hello everyone! I spent the last few hours reading this blog. I will be starting accuweight on Tuesday here in Long Island, New York. I am so excited!!! I will keep everyone posted.

Lose25
03-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Sweetza you can do this!! Imagine in another two months another 38 lbs. Its not bad at all.

I just finished my two weeks and i a am down 12 lbs. I feel it should have been more. BUt ill take it for now.

What's everyone elses goals?

pattiluvshair
03-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Im new here and just looking to get support on the Bead Diet. I have my first week weigh in tomorrow and according to my scale at home, I lost 10 lbs this first week. Very exited and want to stay motivated. Im not enjoying the milk days, any suggestions?

MelissaF
03-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Lose 25: You should be very proud losing 12 pounds, thats great!!!

Patti: I just started today.... a little bit nervous... How was your first week? I am well am not looking forward to the milk days. I bought the Walden Farm chocolate syrup and i am going to try that with some ice and blend it up..

TDeiz
03-16-2011, 01:48 AM
Hello! this is my 1st post here & I feel that I need to share with you my experience since I started this diet last yr. I did visit the office twice & went through orientation/e-mail support (informative/helpful), afterward I was on my own since it's a bit expensive and I don't have too much time to go back & forth the office to change beads. Beads are very helpful & if u do it regularly on the odd hr as recommended, your body will remind you every 2 hrs (funny but true). 1st 2 wks I lost 17 lbs but was experiencing cramps, more hotheadedness (I have vertigo). followed advise of taking honey with tea, more water, check my sugar & other labs (it was ok) eventually both went away. I have to say ,I have been on & off this diet specially during the holidays but once I go on, I see the results. I love this one more than any other ones I tried. I LOVE milk days,I'm never hungry on it & it's the easiest one.I can drink my coffee with whole milk. I buy frozen fruits & put on my cup of whole milk yogurt (shoprite brand is cheaper) & I drink lactaid 1 cup (minus what i used for coffee in a.m) for dinner. My Waterloo is vegetable days, it makes me hungry. I tend to eat other food on veg days since it makes me crave for other food. Still experimenting what good veg. I have no time for too much prep so veg days are a bit annoying for me plus I hav to drink my coffee black. Now, I don't even take sweetener since there's new study about it being contributory to wt. gain. I have 18 lbs to go. I was able to be off my bld pressure med after 2 wks of taking it since I lost 17lbs in those 2 wks. Very disciplined diet to follow and not for the undecided but be strong and it'll be your BFF. God bless us all!!!

TDeiz
03-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Hello! this is my 1st post here & I feel that I need to share with you my experience since I started this diet last yr. I did visit the office twice & went through orientation/e-mail support (informative/helpful), afterward I was on my own since it's a bit expensive and I don't have too much time to go back & forth the office to change beads. Beads are very helpful & if u do it regularly on the odd hr as recommended, your body will remind you every 2 hrs (funny but true). 1st 2 wks I lost 17 lbs but was experiencing cramps, more hotheadedness (I have vertigo). followed advise of taking honey with tea, more water, check my sugar & other labs (it was ok) eventually both went away. I have to say ,I have been on & off this diet specially during the holidays but once I go on, I see the results. I love this one more than any other ones I tried. I LOVE milk days,I'm never hungry on it & it's the easiest one.I can drink my coffee with whole milk. I buy frozen fruits & put on my cup of whole milk yogurt (shoprite brand is cheaper) & I drink lactaid 1 cup (minus what i used for coffee in a.m) for dinner. My Waterloo is vegetable days, it makes me hungry. I tend to eat other food on veg days since it makes me crave for other food. Still experimenting what good veg. I have no time for too much prep so veg days are a bit annoying for me plus I hav to drink my coffee black. Now, I don't even take sweetener since there's new study about it being contributory to wt. gain. I have 18 lbs to go. I was able to be off my bld pressure med after 2 wks of taking it since I lost 17lbs in those 2 wks. Very disciplined diet to follow and not for the undecided but be strong and it'll be your BFF. God bless us all!!!

correction: lightheadedness in lieu if hotheadedness:dizzy:

hoping4change
03-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi everyone!
So I went last night to the orientation and met Dr. Schwartz...what a funny man he is. So I "got my bead(s) on" lol...I am 183lbs and 5'4....my goal is to lose 50lbs....does anyone now of anything I should be doing to maximize the possible weight loss? Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!

Hey! how do some of you get that little weight tracker line lol I want to add it on to keep up with the progress :)

mom2gbsb
03-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Hello..I see we have quite a few new ones - Welcome to the bead diet club!! This program is great! As it was said this diet is not for the undecided or weak-will surely. You will need will power. You have to be tough and strong with yourself and NOT CHEAT!! You get such fantastic results when you DONT CHEAT...no bites, licks or taste not even a morsel...let your body amaze you after each phase. I took a 4 month break..after doing 5 phases of the program and I had lost over 37lbs in the 2 months on program. So over the holidays I took a break and just returned on Sunday 3/13 .. as of today 3/19..I am down TWELVE POUNDS..:carrot:
seriously...i am fighting tooth and nail not to give in to any temptations..and believe me I am surrounded by a bunch goodies and my family loves to eat..of course all skinny people. It is my hope on my weigh-in day of 3/26 I could be down another 8lbs..for a full 20lb for Phase 1..let's hope. I figure
3-4 more phases to get the other 30lbs off and I could begin maintenance in late May early June. It is my sincere hope to be at 150 by my daughter's H.S. graduation..that is a skinny 8 for me...right now sporting 14 and still some 16..but feeling great!! so encouragement for the newbies..dont quick..fight hard for what you want...THIS PROGRAMS WORKS!! p.s. I am not doing the program with Schwartz.. I am enrolled in a different program - I have many friends who have worked this program..losing 80lbs in 4months..so it works!! p.s. milk days are the best...if you add equal, nutmeg, cinnamon, ice and vanilla and whip in a blender for about 2 minutes..taste like ice cream..soooooo creamy and yummy!! :)
p.s. forgot to add ..during my 4 month break only gained 5lbs...nothing significant bc this program helps you maintain provided you don't go overboard and totally resort back to bad eating..

MelissaF
03-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Okay so it is my third day with the beads, and i am starving. When does the starving go away?

mom2gbsb
03-21-2011, 01:51 PM
MelissaF - stay firm...sometimes it is only our minds - then sometimes it is true hunger. For some it goes away after the 3 or 4th day. But stay focused you can have HUGE success on this program but you gotta want it!! Read some of the prior post on this page and the previous page before it was updated and you will be amazed by some of the results. You gotta ignore any negative comments you will receive when doing this program. You gotta want the weight off more than your desire for food...plain and simple!!!
Wishing you much success...

p.s. as motivation to you..this is my 2nd time around picking up after my four month break (Dec-Mar) back on Phase 1 (yup cabbage carrots & apples - yuck!!) however, this is day 8 for me..and so far down -13.5lbs :carrot:..so just imagine what you can accompolish..I am in it with you..so focus!!

TDeiz
03-22-2011, 01:01 AM
hi Melissa,
yes, pit in your stomach, I remember hunger 1st wk. water, diet drinks , anything...I had episodes of lightheadedness 1st wk, tea with a tsp of honey helped it. I was also getting leg cramps. I had to see my primary doctor to check if all my blood works are okay & they were. I'm sure it's best not to ignore body symptoms if they are concerning. Anyway, water & all diet liquids are best friends during hunger time. good luck!

hoping4change
03-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Hello All!!!

So, this is day 5 for me and I couldn't help it I weighed myself...9lbs down!!!!! :carrot:OMG is this real or is the lack of food making me see things???

Yes, it is tough, but let me tell you it is worth it to see my stomach shrinking and my pants loose! 9 down 44 to go! I really do appreciate all your support :hug:

MelissaF - Stay strong...I have yet to feel hungry...but I drink a LOT of water prob like 100oz or close to it a day...lots and lots of water...if you want a little taste buy the vitamin waters the ones that are all zero everything...they taste good and in one bottle you get like 20oz right there. Also, really try using the recipes on their site online...they really are yummy and filling...I hope that helps you ;)

Mom2gbsb - thank you for that milk tip...I am not a milk lover so I will definitely try that! Any others? lol :D

mom2gbsb
03-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Hello all - Day 10 - 3 more to go until Saturday's weigh-in. I hit my goal that I wanted to accomplish on weigh-in day (15lbs pounds) yeah!! Can I make it to 20lb by Saturday, hoping I can but not sure now that I have an unwanted visitor. TMI!! Anywhoo..I will post on Monday with my results. Everyone keep up the good work...this program works and it kicks your butt while making it shrink too..LOL..

MelissaF
03-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Hey Everyone!
Thanks for your posts back to me. I lost 10.8 my first week so feeling pretty good. I am now on my second week and I weight in on Tuesday. I will let you guys know how I did. I am not feeling hungry anymore but I am craving like everything lol... Hoping this will go away. Just trying to stay strong. Thanks Everyone!

megsy
03-26-2011, 10:57 PM
i was wondering if anyone could help me. im lactose intolerant, and im planning on going back on the diet this week. My problem is that even the lactiad free milk bothers my stomach, along with the yogurt is there any alternatives that people have found instead of doing two milk days? please let me know some ideas.

sophiesnowangel
03-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Megsy,

Do not have any ideas. Have you emailed the dr.'s office for input?

irishlatina
03-30-2011, 11:42 AM
I have been reading these post for the past few days and truly feel like I know you. My roommate and I are doing this diet together. The first day I admit I cheated (had a couple crackers), I was feeling beyond hungry. Yesterday was a little better, but I had to constantly be drinking water/coffee/tea/etc. Today is day three, I am so looking forward to actually chewing food. The hunger is subsiding, thank god. I never want to feel hunger like that first day again. lol
I am so thankful that I have my roommate and all of you to support me through this. Good luck to all :)

mom2gbsb
03-31-2011, 03:52 PM
Welcome to the board...the first 3 days can be rough, however, you musn't cheat. Sometimes it is all mental the hunger - we miss eating. Push through it, be faithful with your rotations - be faithful to yourself. You have the potential to lose 15-20 your first 12 days if you don't cheat. The first phase the weight melts off! THIS DIET IS TEMPORARY. Keeping that mental attitude truly helps! You can do it. There are so many successes with this program. It takes willpower to succeed; however, if you want the weight off you will need to work for it. It comes off fast. Remember this is TEMPORARY. Once you get to 165 and follow the maintenance program you will be thankful!! Keep fighting and telling yourself you deserve this and you are worth!! Wishing you and your roommate success. Glad you got a buddy. I too have buddies doing the program, it helps. Keep fighting!!

MariaJanet
04-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi my name is Maria Janet but everyone calls me Mj. Today is my first actual day with the beads (got them last night) and any suggestions are more than welcome. I just had a baby (my 3rd) 8 weeks ago and I need to loose 50lbs...yikes!!!! :rolleyes:

Whammi
04-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Hi to all my brothers and sisters in arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL It is April 1st today so I venture out into the world of dieting I ask for your support. I found most of your stories inspirational and hope that I can inspire you all as well. I will keep you updated. So Day 1:carrot: let the games begin!!!!!!

MelissaF
04-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Hey Everyone!!! Has anyone tried the accu trim beads? I am currently doing accu weight but it is kind of expensive.. looking for alternatives

kerrioh68
04-03-2011, 10:19 AM
I started a form of accuweight yesterday. It has a 9 day cleanse... starting first two days with 3-5 apples for two days, then to dairy for two and then to vegetables, dairy, vegetables and back to apples. So far I am into the second day. It was tough preparing dinner for the family. Otherwise I could barely get down the 3 apple minimum. This is going to be tough but I need to lose 50 pounds. :dance:

kerrioh68
04-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi my name is Maria Janet but everyone calls me Mj. Today is my first actual day with the beads (got them last night) and any suggestions are more than welcome. I just had a baby (my 3rd) 8 weeks ago and I need to loose 50lbs...yikes!!!! :rolleyes:

Hi MariaJanet,

I just started also.. also need to lose 50 pounds.. I see you want to get to 125 I only want 140 but maybe if it works quick enough i will venture to 125! Good luck.. look forward to seeing you on the blog.
Kerrioh

kerrioh68
04-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Uggghhh, the past week I have felt like crapola!!!! I don't know if it is mental or what, but i am just tired, weak, etc. I have stuck to the diet as I have found that after my Xmas eve and New Years eve cheating it is harder to get back on the horse.... On the bright side. down 53 pounds. The last couple of weeks the weight loss has slowed to the 5-6 pounds per week rate, but I guess that is to be expected toward the end. Anyone have anything uplifting? lol

Hey guywiththebeads are you finished or still trying to lose? I go to the Suffern office do you go to that one or New City?

skinnylaydee
04-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Hello fellow beaders:
My name is Glenda and I started accu weight on March 17. I live in South Jersey and they just opened an office in Cherry Hill on March 15. Here are my stats. Actually started with the milk day on Friday March 18. Starting weight was 238.0. weigh in on the 24th and my weight was 222.8. weigh in on the 31th was 217.3 That 20.7 lbs in two weeks. It was hard, very hard, but I did it. For some strange reason the start of the third week is even harder. For the first time I cheated. Yesterday, I had two pieces of bacon and two small pancaks with Walden Farms blueberry syrup (yummy). I feel so guilty about this, that I had to tell to tell someone, thus this forum. Does anyone know if this throw me off so badly that I will not lose any weight this week? I feel that I am a failure since I was so strong and did not cheat the first two weeks. My desire is to lose 85 lbs.
Let me know what to expect on this journey? Has anyone ever actually gained durning a week and did not cheat? This is by far the fastes I have ever lost weight. I have been on every diet known to man. Spent my children's college fund to finance the diets. LOL I truly beleive this is the one for me. Waiting to here from you guys

kerrioh68
04-03-2011, 10:48 AM
How is everyone doing? I lost 6 this week (my first full week back)... I was down 7 the other day but settled in at 6 at the Dr office. I'm still not 100% on this... I think I need a nighttime project to keep me busy. I told my husband we should start cleaning out the garage or the basement or something to keep me occupied after 8PM.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
:)

Nights are my problem also because I used to go to the gym for spin class and did not get home until close to 730 then had to make dinner, do homework and bath with kids. Now I can't do that and have more free time. I guess log on and read posts about success and go to bed early LOL :dizzy:

kerrioh68
04-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone. I'm doing the bead diet down in New City, NY. It's an amazingly easy diet. Sometimes I forget I'm on it and think I'm cheating... and I'm not.

I started on February 6th and have lost about 13.5 pounds so far. Was hoping to have lost a lot more - have been sticking to it 100%. No cheating at all. I guess everyone is different. Any advice as to how I can get bigger chunks of weight loss each week? I need to lose 50 more pounds, so it's not like I'm a skinny chick .

Thank you bead diet friends!

Also, I have some great recipes that I would love to share.

hi sweetza
i am doing it in Suffern Ny (rockland also).. i would appreciate any recipes..its only the begining of day 2 for me.

kerrioh68
04-03-2011, 10:57 AM

Hey try nondairy creamer in your coffee (in frozen food section) my dr. says its ok

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 10:03 AM
it's Monday back in the office and now it seems harder. I just finished two days of the apple cleanse and now I start dairy.
One of my attorney's just brought a tray of ruggelach cookies in...

I am hungry.. One hour until I can eat my yogurt. I just keep saying.. Swimsuit season is coming. None of my clothes fit so its not an option to fail I don't want to buy a whole new larger wardrobe...

I can do this I can WIN.
:cool:

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Good job skinnyladee! I am reading all the posts looking for strength.

Where is everyone... I need some help.

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 10:25 AM
are you still on it? How are you doing? I found the second day to be worse then the first. Now I just switched from my apple cleanse to dairy. I am hoping this day is a little easier.

Good luck.
:wave:

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Hi How do I get the weight loss avatar?

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi MariaJanet,

I just started also.. also need to lose 50 pounds.. I see you want to get to 125 I only want 140 but maybe if it works quick enough i will venture to 125! Good luck.. look forward to seeing you on the blog.
Kerrioh

I weight myself this morning and was at 168...not bad! How did you do this wekeend?

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Can anyone help me on this...

What's the difference between the Sugar free Jell-O you make yourself and the Sugar free Jell-O that's already made and packaged? I know I can have unlimited Jell-O (and it's been my snack) but I'm a working mother of 3 (5yr, 3yr and 2month old babies)and it helps cutting corners like that!:?::?:

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi How do I get the weight loss avatar?

I tried to get mine and it said I had to do it after a certain amount of posts...but if you go to quick links you will find it there...Hope this helps!:D

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 12:34 PM
MJ i did ok it was my first two days and on the apple cleansing. I did have a forkful of macaroni and a forkful of chicken cutlet. It is very difficult cooking and being around the smell.

It is day 3 and now I am on dairy. I just had 4 ounces of plain yogurt (which I normally hate plain but put cinammon and splenda on it so it was the best yogurt ever). I am going to weigh myself tomorrow after 3 days.

So you are down almost 10 pounds? Has it been a week yet? Great job.

I am finding it tougher at work.. just sitting at my desk.. but I have to do this. :)

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Can anyone help me on this...

What's the difference between the Sugar free Jell-O you make yourself and the Sugar free Jell-O that's already made and packaged? I know I can have unlimited Jell-O (and it's been my snack) but I'm a working mother of 3 (5yr, 3yr and 2month old babies)and it helps cutting corners like that!:?::?:

I don't know if it has a chemical in it or something but they did specify using the one you make yourself...

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Yes, I need 12 more.
Thanks.

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 12:49 PM
MJ i did ok it was my first two days and on the apple cleansing. I did have a forkful of macaroni and a forkful of chicken cutlet. It is very difficult cooking and being around the smell.

It is day 3 and now I am on dairy. I just had 4 ounces of plain yogurt (which I normally hate plain but put cinammon and splenda on it so it was the best yogurt ever). I am going to weigh myself tomorrow after 3 days.

I am finding it tougher at work.. just sitting at my desk.. but I have to do this. :)

I had the Flu so I thinkg that also helped. I was 178 when the Flu hit me, then 175 when I weighed in on Thurs now 168ish. But I know having no clothes on helped, lol!!!

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't know if it has a chemical in it or something but they did specify using the one you make yourself...

I sent them an e-mail at "accuweight" so I'll see what they say, I'll keep you posted on the answer.

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Yes, I need 12 more.
Thanks.

I'm answering your posts and adding numbers to mine...lol!

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 12:54 PM

a Forkfull sounds soooo delicious right now..I know exactly what you mean though, I had to cook this weekend and I almost died. I tried doing quick things like Hotdogs and sandwiches instead of "Arroz con Pollo" and all the Puerto Rican cooking I normally do but even the Hot Dog made my mouth water.

Which diet are you one? I'm doing 2 days Veggie/Fruit and 2 days Whole Milk!

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 12:55 PM
don't mind the few spelling errors!!!

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Hello..I see we have quite a few new ones - Welcome to the bead diet club!! This program is great! As it was said this diet is not for the undecided or weak-will surely. You will need will power. You have to be tough and strong with yourself and NOT CHEAT!! You get such fantastic results when you DONT CHEAT...no bites, licks or taste not even a morsel...let your body amaze you after each phase. I took a 4 month break..after doing 5 phases of the program and I had lost over 37lbs in the 2 months on program. So over the holidays I took a break and just returned on Sunday 3/13 .. as of today 3/19..I am down TWELVE POUNDS..:carrot:
seriously...i am fighting tooth and nail not to give in to any temptations..and believe me I am surrounded by a bunch goodies and my family loves to eat..of course all skinny people. It is my hope on my weigh-in day of 3/26 I could be down another 8lbs..for a full 20lb for Phase 1..let's hope. I figure
3-4 more phases to get the other 30lbs off and I could begin maintenance in late May early June. It is my sincere hope to be at 150 by my daughter's H.S. graduation..that is a skinny 8 for me...right now sporting 14 and still some 16..but feeling great!! so encouragement for the newbies..dont quick..fight hard for what you want...THIS PROGRAMS WORKS!! p.s. I am not doing the program with Schwartz.. I am enrolled in a different program - I have many friends who have worked this program..losing 80lbs in 4months..so it works!! p.s. milk days are the best...if you add equal, nutmeg, cinnamon, ice and vanilla and whip in a blender for about 2 minutes..taste like ice cream..soooooo creamy and yummy!! :)
p.s. forgot to add ..during my 4 month break only gained 5lbs...nothing significant bc this program helps you maintain provided you don't go overboard and totally resort back to bad eating..

Hiii, newbie here...any suggestions or advice. Started on Thrusday...need to loose 50lbs and I'm dying!

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 01:05 PM
a Forkfull sounds soooo delicious right now..I know exactly what you mean though, I had to cook this weekend and I almost died. I tried doing quick things like Hotdogs and sandwiches instead of "Arroz con Pollo" and all the Puerto Rican cooking I normally do but even the Hot Dog made my mouth water.

Which diet are you one? I'm doing 2 days Veggie/Fruit and 2 days Whole Milk!

mine started with a "cleanse" so it was 2 days apples only, then 2 day milk, 2 day veg, 2 day milk and one day apples.. then I go into the milk/veg thing like your doing. The dr. says the apples are cleaning out the intestines and getting them ready --I don't know. So now I am on the two days whole milk. The apples were hard I could have up to 5 a day and min 3 and believe it or not I was having trouble eating 3 between not being hungry and not wanting any more sugar.
Yes, I am trying to make stuff I don't love but I think with no food anything looks good.
Maybe I will try to walk 20 minutes a day and make up for my cheating.

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 01:10 PM
I still need 11 more. I guess replies are not counting

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 01:11 PM
How does everyone split up milk days? All at once a few ounces an hour? Just looking for ideas?

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Is anyone on this thread but MJ and myself? Did everyone lose all there weight and disappear? I guess I hope that I am not around too long either due to the weight being gone.... LOL:carrot:

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Getting excited for my first vegetable day. Going to have cauliflower and something else mixed together with some seasonings. Going to try something different for Thursday my second vegetable day.

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 01:25 PM
MJ are you doing it through the mail or do you go into an office?

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 01:30 PM
MJ are you doing it through the mail or do you go into an office?

I started going to the office in Ronkonkoma (Long Island, NY). I need the face to face contact. I just made my husband join, he's going tomorrow!!!

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Is anyone on this thread but MJ and myself? Did everyone lose all there weight and disappear? I guess I hope that I am not around too long either due to the weight being gone.... LOL:carrot:

It looks like you and I are the only ones here today, lol!!!

BTW, in order for you to add a signature it states that newbies must wait for about 20 days...yikes!

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 01:34 PM
How does everyone split up milk days? All at once a few ounces an hour? Just looking for ideas?

I did, 4onz of yogurts, 8onz coffee and I'll see if I want coffee later or just a glass of milk...and I eat Sugar Free Jell-O when I'm hungry or just want to snack!

skinnylaydee
04-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Hello Bead Ladies:
This is skinnylaydee here. At work,and today is my last milk day. Had milk soup at 12:30 so I am done for the day. Not to hungry but could enjoy something to eat. Some days are worse than others, yesterday (milk day) and I only had 10oz and was not hungry at all. I know that I should not have but I weighed myself this am and I HAD GAINED 3lbs. How is that possible? I have been pretty much on target. I am trying so hard to stay the course and give in to temptations, but when you do what your are suppose to and still show a gain, it makes it very hard. What is an apple cleanse day? is that part of the program? How does it workK

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=skinnylaydee;3790884]Hello Bead Ladies:
This is skinnylaydee here. At work,and today is my last milk day. Had milk soup at 12:30 so I am done for the day. Not to hungry but could enjoy something to eat. Some days are worse than others, yesterday (milk day) and I only had 10oz and was not hungry at all. I know that I should not have but I weighed myself this am and I HAD GAINED 3lbs. How is that possible? I have been pretty much on target. I am trying so hard to stay the course and give in to temptations, but when you do what your are suppose to and still show a gain, it makes it very hard. What is an apple cleanse day? is that part of the program? How does it workK[/QUOTE

Hi skinnylaydee...

How do you prepare your Milk Soup?

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 03:11 PM
I had the Flu so I thinkg that also helped. I was 178 when the Flu hit me, then 175 when I weighed in on Thurs now 168ish. But I know having no clothes on helped, lol!!!

I would be happy with 4 pounds in 4 days.. If I saw 10 I would probably faint lOL...

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 03:14 PM
I started going to the office in Ronkonkoma (Long Island, NY). I need the face to face contact. I just made my husband join, he's going tomorrow!!!

I also go to an office. I need that as well. It will be easier if you don't have to cook for him and just have the kids.

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Hello Bead Ladies:
This is skinnylaydee here. At work,and today is my last milk day. Had milk soup at 12:30 so I am done for the day. Not to hungry but could enjoy something to eat. Some days are worse than others, yesterday (milk day) and I only had 10oz and was not hungry at all. I know that I should not have but I weighed myself this am and I HAD GAINED 3lbs. How is that possible? I have been pretty much on target. I am trying so hard to stay the course and give in to temptations, but when you do what your are suppose to and still show a gain, it makes it very hard. What is an apple cleanse day? is that part of the program? How does it workK

Hi Skinnylaydee.. are you making a habit of not eating the required amount of food? I don't think that will help because it's so little as it is so you should try to get the milk in. Make sure you eat/drink the milk and try to eat all the vegetables see if that helps.

The apple cleanse was part of my plan. The first two days are 3-5 apples and the 120 ounces of water, the next two are dairy, then 2 veg, then two dairy, then one day of apples again. .. then on to the regular milk/veg alternating every two days..

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I did, 4onz of yogurts, 8onz coffee and I'll see if I want coffee later or just a glass of milk...and I eat Sugar Free Jell-O when I'm hungry or just want to snack!

When I could eat I had 4 ounces of yogurt with cinammon, then at 230 I had 8 ounces of milk, ice, waldens sugar free choc syrup--put it in a blender and made it look like a frappuccino from starbucks. Trying to save the rest for when I get home. then I have some jello made so I will have that.

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 03:24 PM
It looks like you and I are the only ones here today, lol!!!

BTW, in order for you to add a signature it states that newbies must wait for about 20 days...yikes!

so even after we get our 20 posts in we have to wait :cool: that stinks.. maybe in 20 days I will have lost 50 pounds and be gone already ... Wishful thinking. :nono:

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 03:44 PM
so even after we get our 20 posts in we have to wait :cool: that stinks.. maybe in 20 days I will have lost 50 pounds and be gone already ... Wishful thinking. :nono:

lol...I'll be here, so no worries! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 03:49 PM
I also go to an office. I need that as well. It will be easier if you don't have to cook for him and just have the kids.

He started yesterday with Milk but right before that he asked me for a 2x stacked sandwich. I almost slapped him with the loaf of bread. He ended up making it himslef...

Have you made the Milk soup? good? How and what do you do?

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 04:10 PM
He started yesterday with Milk but right before that he asked me for a 2x stacked sandwich. I almost slapped him with the loaf of bread. He ended up making it himslef...

No, I don't know anything about milk soup : ). TOday is my first day on milk so I had the yogurt, made a shake out of ice milk amd choc syrup. Don't know what I am doing with the rest.

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 04:33 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/bear02/lb/181/140/181/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 04:34 PM

I got the avatar but don't know how to make it permanent.

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 04:36 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/bear02/lb/181/140/181/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

My entire office is near my desk discussing food for dinner. Just the words are making me hungry.

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 04:42 PM
I got the avatar but don't know how to make it permanent.

AWESOME...I guess you can do it after 20 posts....OK, let me see if I can do it too. I think you will once the Signature feature is enabled. Which is what I read about 20 days...

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 04:44 PM
My entire office is near my desk discussing food for dinner. Just the words are making me hungry.

I'm in my office and refuse to talk about food. They all want to do a Pot Luck lunch for Easter...I'm going to hide that day! Have a piece of gum...take Jell-O to work. Since it's an all you can eat thing, it could keep u from thinking about it. It's working for me.

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 04:46 PM
No, I don't know anything about milk soup : ). TOday is my first day on milk so I had the yogurt, made a shake out of ice milk amd choc syrup. Don't know what I am doing with the rest.

Milk Soup (Gilda)

8 to 10 oz milk in saucepan
Add 1 teaspoon onion powder
teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
Lots of pepper
Salt to taste

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi to all my brothers and sisters in arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL It is April 1st today so I venture out into the world of dieting I ask for your support. I found most of your stories inspirational and hope that I can inspire you all as well. I will keep you updated. So Day 1:carrot: let the games begin!!!!!!

How have you been so far?

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Im new here and just looking to get support on the Bead Diet. I have my first week weigh in tomorrow and according to my scale at home, I lost 10 lbs this first week. Very exited and want to stay motivated. Im not enjoying the milk days, any suggestions?

Hi Patti, How did you do?

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Okay so it is my third day with the beads, and i am starving. When does the starving go away?

HI Melissa,

How have you been doing on the diet?

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm in my office and refuse to talk about food. They all want to do a Pot Luck lunch for Easter...I'm going to hide that day! Have a piece of gum...take Jell-O to work. Since it's an all you can eat thing, it could keep u from thinking about it. It's working for me.

I have to bring some jello in. I just posted the soup recipe-- i found it.

Yeah, no pot luck lunch. My office is horrible they have chips and cookies on this center island all day.. that is how I ended up needing these darn beads. :?:

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 04:50 PM
The hardest thing is the sweet cravings....

I'm a cake, cookies or Brownies type of chic and lets just say that I'm dying right now. I have all the syrups and the "Spenda/Stevia" after taste is killing me...

Anyone else feels the same?

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 04:54 PM
I have to bring some jello in. I just posted the soup recipe-- i found it.

Yeah, no pot luck lunch. My office is horrible they have chips and cookies on this center island all day.. that is how I ended up needing these darn beads. :?:

lol...and of course you just can't 1 chip. But yes, the Jello def helps!

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 04:54 PM
The hardest thing is the sweet cravings....

I'm a cake, cookies or Brownies type of chic and lets just say that I'm dying right now. I have all the syrups and the "Spenda/Stevia" after taste is killing me...

Anyone else feels the same?

after coming off the two days of apples I am sick of sugar. Which is funny because normally that is my downfall. I would love a piece of grilled chicken right now.
It is only day 3, I am hoping it gets a little easier once my body is fully rid of all the bad stuff. I hope the sugar cravings go away when my body realizes it is not getting a brownie. :smug:

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Milk Soup (Gilda)

8 to 10 oz milk in saucepan
Add 1 teaspoon onion powder
teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
Lots of pepper
Salt to taste

I wonder how this tastes...I read somewhere (can't find it now) that they but some Alfredo Sauce (not sure if it was WF) but it didn't sound that bad. I'll see if I can find it.

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Milk Day almost over...

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Milk Day almost over...

are you on vegetables tomorrow? I have another day of milk.

MariaJanet
04-04-2011, 05:14 PM
are you on vegetables tomorrow? I have another day of milk.

Yes!!!

Everyone that I've read loves the Milk day. I guess because they loose more weight? Tomorrow I'll have 2 fruits and 1 1/2lbs of veggies. I've broken it down like this:

at 12 ish I'll have a large fruit...Mango, Naval Orange (any fruit but a large one)

at 1:30 Jello

2:30 some lettuce, some spinach, half of avocado, sprinkle Salt, Pepper & Garlic anc sqeeze 1/2 lime.

3ish Jello

4ish another fuit

5ish another salad..I just make sure I don't go over 1 1/2lbs of veggies...the way I spread out food helps me!

kerrioh68
04-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Yes!!!

Everyone that I've read loves the Milk day. I guess because they loose more weight? Tomorrow I'll have 2 fruits and 1 1/2lbs of veggies. I've broken it down like this:

at 12 ish I'll have a large fruit...Mango, Naval Orange (any fruit but a large one)

at 1:30 Jello

2:30 some lettuce, some spinach, half of avocado, sprinkle Salt, Pepper & Garlic anc sqeeze 1/2 lime.

3ish Jello

4ish another fuit

5ish another salad..I just make sure I don't go over 1 1/2lbs of veggies...the way I spread out food helps me!

I did not know which one caused more weight loss. So its milk?
I want to try and stay away from the fruit after my 2 days of apples. I am planning on mostly vegetables. I know I am making cauliflower mashed. I am looking forward to eating. Although I did go and get string cheese for tonight I needed to chew something. I did not eat enough durning the day. I had 12 ounces left for dinner--should have had more at work.

kerrioh68
04-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Day 2 of the milk. I was ok when I got home because I had 12 ounces of milk to have. I had some cheese and some yogurt. I can't do that again because I was miserable all day. I need to eat more during the day and leave five ounces for dinner. Oh well.. I am still learning what works.

So looking forward to vegetables tomorrow. Can't wait to chew something.

Anyone else but MJ still on this diet?????

kerrioh68
04-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I just got to eat some yogurt and some cheese. That made me happy.

MariaJanet
04-05-2011, 01:55 PM
I just got to eat some yogurt and some cheese. That made me happy.

Lucky you...I can't have cheese!

I went to Whole Foods and bought 1/2lb of Guacamole and ate it with a few carrots sticks. Also ate a Mango...I'm good until 5pm. That's when I'll have a salad.

I'm happy for you, you got to eat something!!!

kerrioh68
04-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Lucky you...I can't have cheese!

I went to Whole Foods and bought 1/2lb of Guacamole and ate it with a few carrots sticks. Also ate a Mango...I'm good until 5pm. That's when I'll have a salad.

I'm happy for you, you got to eat something!!!

You can't eat cheese or on your diet you can't. I can eat mozzarella and cottage...but only up to 4 ounces. It's better then nothing. Then i was cold so decided on a latte instead of my frozen milk drink I was going to make.
Can't wait for two days of veggies..

cocoisfit
04-05-2011, 04:04 PM
I was doing a search for accuweight blogs and found this. Nice to meet you!

Last August I did accuweight until mid-Octoer and lost around 80lbs. I've maintained my weightloss and now I'm back on to finish all the weight. Its been hard finding the will-power but tomorrow is the day.

P.S. Doing the same bead diet as MJ, there's no apple cleanse. I have about 35 to 40 lbs to lose which will take about 2 months.

kerrioh68
04-05-2011, 04:11 PM
I was doing a search for accuweight blogs and found this. Nice to meet you!

Last August I did accuweight until mid-Octoer and lost around 80lbs. I've maintained my weightloss and now I'm back on to finish all the weight. Its been hard finding the will-power but tomorrow is the day.

P.S. Doing the same bead diet as MJ, there's no apple cleanse. I have about 35 to 40 lbs to lose which will take about 2 months.

Well that is around what MJ and I are trying to lose so we will be around (provided I can sustain willpower for three months). I don't know if the apple cleanse is any better.. my doctor said its to get toxins out of my intestines. Otherwise its the same as MJ's. Don't know if I will yield more results with it LOL. I am going to weigh myself on Thursday which will be 5 full days in). Nice to hear another success story.:carrot:

cocoisfit
04-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Funny right now i'm starting about where most people join accuweight to lose. That 80lbs is a far, distant memory/nightmare. Don't know how I did that to myself :?: Thankfully it's over now.

Do either of you workout? If so, does it make you more hungry?

kerrioh68
04-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Funny right now i'm starting about where most people join accuweight to lose. That 80lbs is a far, distant memory/nightmare. Don't know how I did that to myself :?: Thankfully it's over now.

Do either of you workout? If so, does it make you more hungry?

I stopped working out when I started this. Even if I do go back (which I will) maybe after 2 weeks I can't take the spin classes or do what I used to. I burned over 300 sometimes 400 calories a workout. I wore a heartrate monitor so I know its accurate. If I do that all that I ate will be burned off. Then I think I will be hungry. I was thinking at starting with 20 to 30 minutes walking. I want it to go faster but don't want to feel shaky, lightheaded or get a headache.

kerrioh68
04-05-2011, 05:18 PM
less then two hours left of my milk day. ON to veggie's.. very excited.

MelissaF
04-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Hey guys! I am still on program. I have a long ways to go. Today was a veggie day for me. I had broccoli and a banana for lunch and ate some mixed vegetables for dinner. Nothing to exciting

MelissaF
04-05-2011, 06:56 PM

Hey Maria, I also go to the Ronkonkoma office, usually on Tuesdays.

skinnylaydee
04-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Hello Bead Ladies: Sorry I haven't been on board for a few days, daughter had baby and I was doing the grandmother thing. When I make milk soup, I spice it up a bit. e.g. if I want seafood, I use old bay and salmon seasoning. I found something called bacon seasoning at Shop Rite and I use that sometimes for a different flavor. Be careful with the xanthum, it will cause a slimey efect if you use to much. I always start out with using only a 1/4 teaspoon and using more if needed. Wait in between adding more because it does not thcken right away. I also make salad dressing by using Walden Farms alfredo sauce. I mix the sauce with a little water and add any seasoning that I like. I really like using the bacon seasoning for a baon ranch flavor. Since I am in this for the long haul, I realize that I have to be creative for food since the list of legal food is so limited. Every time I come up with something, I will post it here for all to try if that is okay.
Every body have a great day!

guywithbeads
04-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Hey everyone. Been a while since I touched base and it is great to see the activity on the page. Was getting quiet for a while. Guess with summer approaching it's diet time!!! LOL. Anyway, so I went on transition on February 10th. Weighing in today, April 6th, I am actually 11.5 pounds lighter then the day I started transition. So a total of 75ish pounds and have maintained for 2 months... This diet really works!!!! I know it is tough, but you can do it. Keep up the great work everyone!!!!

Oh, I also wanted to mention some interesting facts about my experience as well. All of the naysayers talk about how a diet like this is unhealthy as you burn a high percentage of muscle tissue as well as body fat. I know that the orientation and the doctors say it isn't true, but here are my facts... I have a tanita scale that measures body fat. Never knew how accurate it was until now. Before I went on the diet when I weighed myself it always showed my bod fat percentage to be at 35-36%. I thought that was ridiculous and it couldn't be true as that was way too high. Right now the scale shows me 16% body fat. I have been going to a gym the past month and yesterday they did a comprehensive check up on me including a true body fat percentage calculation with some crazy crazy machine. According to that machine my body fat is at 16%. So when I do the math, of the 75 pounds I lost, 61.64 pounds of that weight loss have been from fat alone. Rest would be mostly water according to the woman that did the calculation at the gym. The gym I go to is for personal training and when I spoke to them about the results, they feel that is amazing and there would be no way to claim that I was losing muscle tissue from this diet... Anyway, hope I am not the only one that found that interesting and encouraging!!!

cocoisfit
04-06-2011, 09:20 AM
The apple cleanse was part of my plan. The first two days are 3-5 apples and the 120 ounces of water, the next two are dairy, then 2 veg, then two dairy, then one day of apples again. .. then on to the regular milk/veg alternating every two days..

Is the apple cleanse a part of the regular plan or just in the beginning? A friend of mine was allowed a hard boiled egg every morning. They probably tweek the diet to the individual.

cocoisfit
04-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Oh, I also wanted to mention some interesting facts about my experience as well. All of the naysayers talk about how a diet like this is unhealthy as you burn a high percentage of muscle tissue as well as body fat. I know that the orientation and the doctors say it isn't true, but here are my facts... I have a tanita scale that measures body fat. Never knew how accurate it was until now. Before I went on the diet when I weighed myself it always showed my bod fat percentage to be at 35-36%. I thought that was ridiculous and it couldn't be true as that was way too high. Right now the scale shows me 16% body fat. I have been going to a gym the past month and yesterday they did a comprehensive check up on me including a true body fat percentage calculation with some crazy crazy machine. According to that machine my body fat is at 16%. So when I do the math, of the 75 pounds I lost, 61.64 pounds of that weight loss have been from fat alone. Rest would be mostly water according to the woman that did the calculation at the gym. The gym I go to is for personal training and when I spoke to them about the results, they feel that is amazing and there would be no way to claim that I was losing muscle tissue from this diet... Anyway, hope I am not the only one that found that interesting and encouraging!!!

Congratulations on your loss! I also have the tanita scale and have been amazed that no muscle is lost. The diet is unbelievable! Never bought into the naysayers because on basic you feel so energetic and healthy. The only thing is you need a TON of willpower :)

kerrioh68
04-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Hello Bead Ladies: Sorry I haven't been on board for a few days, daughter had baby and I was doing the grandmother thing. When I make milk soup, I spice it up a bit. e.g. if I want seafood, I use old bay and salmon seasoning. I found something called bacon seasoning at Shop Rite and I use that sometimes for a different flavor. Be careful with the xanthum, it will cause a slimey efect if you use to much. I always start out with using only a 1/4 teaspoon and using more if needed. Wait in between adding more because it does not thcken right away. I also make salad dressing by using Walden Farms alfredo sauce. I mix the sauce with a little water and add any seasoning that I like. I really like using the bacon seasoning for a baon ranch flavor. Since I am in this for the long haul, I realize that I have to be creative for food since the list of legal food is so limited. Every time I come up with something, I will post it here for all to try if that is okay.
Every body have a great day!

Hi Skinnylaydee

U can use the WF dressing? Mine says no dressings only syrups or dips.

kerrioh68
04-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Hey everyone. Been a while since I touched base and it is great to see the activity on the page. Was getting quiet for a while. Guess with summer approaching it's diet time!!! LOL. Anyway, so I went on transition on February 10th. Weighing in today, April 6th, I am actually 11.5 pounds lighter then the day I started transition. So a total of 75ish pounds and have maintained for 2 months... This diet really works!!!! I know it is tough, but you can do it. Keep up the great work everyone!!!!

That is good to know about the results.
Did you exercise on the program? I started sat and have not gone because I did not know how I would feel. I feel ok so I think I should keep going (not take my usual spin class) but maybe see how I feel with 20 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical.

kerrioh68
04-06-2011, 09:58 AM
So its been 4 full days..I weighed myself and its exactly the same. That was a little depressing since I was looking for some motivation... My only consolation is I started with a two day cleanse of just apples (that was my program).. so theoretically I have only done milk and am starting vegetables today. I feel like my pants are a little looser.. I don't know..
So today is vegetables.. trying to have a good day with water etc..and will weigh myself on Friday.

MariaJanet
04-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Is the apple cleanse a part of the regular plan or just in the beginning? A friend of mine was allowed a hard boiled egg every morning. They probably tweak the diet to the individual.

Hi cocoisfit,

My Husband was allowed one hard boiled egg too, but it's because he wakes up at 2 to be at AM at work...so it would be extremely hard to wait until 12 for him to not eat anything. He still has to follow the rules from 12-6 but if for the beginning until he's adjusted he may have an egg. So, yes...they do tweak here and there but for the most it has to be the same.

MariaJanet
04-06-2011, 11:34 AM
So its been 4 full days..I weighed myself and its exactly the same. That was a little depressing since I was looking for some motivation... My only consolation is I started with a two day cleanse of just apples (that was my program).. so theoretically I have only done milk and am starting vegetables today. I feel like my pants are a little looser.. I don't know..
So today is vegetables.. trying to have a good day with water etc..and will weigh myself on Friday.

Don't get discouraged...my weight is still 168, the same as 2 days ago. I'm sure our bodies are still adjusting. Pretty soon it will start coming off like everyone else's.:D:D:D

kerrioh68
04-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi cocoisfit,

My Husband was allowed one hard boiled egg too, but it's because he wakes up at 2 to be at AM at work...so it would be extremely hard to wait until 12 for him to not eat anything. He still has to follow the rules from 12-6 but if for the beginning until he's adjusted he may have an egg. So, yes...they do tweak here and there but for the most it has to be the same.

Mine was not really tweaked (but I am sure they do anyways...) like my dr. said we have a 7 hour window to eat. He said if you need to start earlier end earlier. He just did not want us eating at the end of the day (like right before bed). I have been sticking with the times but mine is 12-7 not 6. The apples are part of his cleanse and since I have not lost an ounce I am not very happy but trying to remain positive.

kerrioh68
04-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Don't get discouraged...my weight is still 168, the same as 2 days ago. I'm sure our bodies are still adjusting. Pretty soon it will start coming off like everyone else's.:D:D:D

I hope so... I mean I know I ate like half a sleeve of girl scout cookies the day before I started. So those calories had not even kicked in for weigh in Saturday morning.. Just would have like to have seen one pound gone for motivation. :carrot:

MariaJanet
04-06-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm about to KILL someone today....

One of my co-workers decided to bring, 2 Baked Honey Glazed Hams (with all the trimmings) Potatoes and 2 bags of sweet rolls...I'm sooooo salivating right now!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but6/lb/178/125/168/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

kerrioh68
04-06-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm about to KILL someone today....

One of my co-workers decided to bring, 2 Baked Honey Glazed Hams (with all the trimmings) Potatoes and 2 bags of sweet rolls...I'm sooooo salivating right now!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but6/lb/178/125/168/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Mycoworkers always have chips and cookies out. Its horrible..but at least they don't smell. That would be hard. STAY STRONG.

MariaJanet
04-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Hey Maria, I also go to the Ronkonkoma office, usually on Tuesdays.

I do Thursday's...I will be doing my weigh in tomorrow!!!:carrot:

kerrioh68
04-06-2011, 11:45 AM
I do Thursday's...I will be doing my weigh in tomorrow!!!:carrot:

Good luck...

skinnylaydee
04-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Hello fellow Beaders:
Kerrioh68, I don't use WF salad dressing bc it does have vinegar in it. I make salad dressing by using WF alfredo sauce. I just mike the sauce with a little water and any spice I like and tast almost like ranch dressing. I mix the bacon salt with it because it gives it a bacon ranch flavor. Sorry if I confiused anyone. Today I forgot my lunch. I went to the cafe at work and bought some broccoli, spinach, greens beans, and red bell peppers from the salad bar and nuked them till soft. I then sprinkled Molly Mcbutter and the bacon seasoning salt and it was so yummy and filling, a bit expensive but yummy. I always keep Molly Mcbutter, bacon salt, and liquid at my desk in case something like this happens. Today it paid off. I weigh in on Thursday at the Cherry Hill office, can't wait to see how much I have lost. Hang in there everyone, when this is over, you will be glad you did.

MariaJanet
04-06-2011, 02:01 PM
I wonder if I'm over eating....I can only have 1 1/2 of veggies and it's hard to measure salad, then add the vegies...

For lunch I just had a riped Plantain with half a small hass avocado. I guess the Plantain was my fruit? Then a few pieces of Sparagus...not bad. But I wish I knew exactly how much of the 1 1/lbs I ate! I might have to go buy a scale after all...

kerrioh68
04-06-2011, 05:15 PM
I wonder if I'm over eating....I can only have 1 1/2 of veggies and it's hard to measure salad, then add the vegies...

For lunch I just had a riped Plantain with half a small hass avocado. I guess the Plantain was my fruit? Then a few pieces of Sparagus...not bad. But I wish I knew exactly how much of the 1 1/lbs I ate! I might have to go buy a scale after all...

That is what I am thinking. The plaintain is a fruit and my dr. said watch the banana's/plaintains. --meaning don't eat that much.

I had some salad and some cauliflower. I am having more cauliflower when I get home.
:carrot:

guywithbeads
04-06-2011, 07:08 PM
That is good to know about the results.
Did you exercise on the program? I started sat and have not gone because I did not know how I would feel. I feel ok so I think I should keep going (not take my usual spin class) but maybe see how I feel with 20 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical.

Well honestly I tried working out while on basic but after about 10-15 minutes I was just too weak. I was burning way too many calories for what I was taking in. Now I am a mad dog at the gym....LOL. I would say take it easy on the working out.... You are on so few calories that you can hurt yourself. The doctors at the office I go to and orientation claim that working out won't speed up your weight loss. I am not sure how that is possible, but I do think that you need to be careful... Good luck!!!!!!!

kerrioh68
04-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Well honestly I tried working out while on basic but after about 10-15 minutes I was just too weak. I was burning way too many calories for what I was taking in. Now I am a mad dog at the gym....LOL. I would say take it easy on the working out.... You are on so few calories that you can hurt yourself. The doctors at the office I go to and orientation claim that working out won't speed up your weight loss. I am not sure how that is possible, but I do think that you need to be careful... Good luck!!!!!!!

I feel like I should exercise its a natural instinct on a diet. But I don't wan t to end up really hungry with no way to control it. I don't know how exercise would not speed it up but I keep hearing no. Thanks for the help.

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Today I woke up a little hungry. I can't wait for noon.
Really want to get on the scale but I am going to wait until tomorrow. I hope it moved a little I need some motivation.

:(

MelissaF
04-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Hey Maria,

If you but the frozen bagged vegetables, they are 1 pound each. That might give you an idea on how many pounds you are eating. You just count the plantan as one of your fruits.

MelissaF
04-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Hey Kerrioh,

I workout while on this diet. It really all depends on how I am feeling. If i feel good I go to they gym and work out on the elliptical, cybex or treadmill. It makes me feel better and I do not feel hungry after working out. But dont get me wrong there are those days that I dont feel like working out and I dont. You really need to listen to your body. For me it keeps me motivated and it keeps me more on point. Just make sure you drink a lot of water and AW recommended for me to get the POWERADE ZERO because gives you the electrolytes that you are losing from sweat. Hope this helps.

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Hey Maria,

If you but the frozen bagged vegetables, they are 1 pound each. That might give you an idea on how many pounds you are eating. You just count the plantan as one of your fruits.

guess that would be easier.. I was just trying to do fresh.

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Hey Kerrioh,

I workout while on this diet. It really all depends on how I am feeling. If i feel good I go to they gym and work out on the elliptical, cybex or treadmill. It makes me feel better and I do not feel hungry after working out. But dont get me wrong there are those days that I dont feel like working out and I dont. You really need to listen to your body. For me it keeps me motivated and it keeps me more on point. Just make sure you drink a lot of water and AW recommended for me to get the POWERADE ZERO because gives you the electrolytes that you are losing from sweat. Hope this helps.

I have been feeling fine just dont know if exercising a lot will cause me to feel lightheaded and hungry. I guess I will try it after a week.. Its not a week yet.

MariaJanet
04-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Hey Maria,

Thanks for the tip, Melissa. Even though I've always HATED veggies, I'm actually experimenting with them. If you have any recipes that you love feel free to share. I'm trying not to eat so many Plantains...I'm just going to eat 1 per week, just to play it safe.

skinnylaydee
04-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Hello
How's everybody doing? For me, beat me with a wet noodle. I went so far south that it may be a long time before I can get back. I ATE A BAG OF CHIPS. Now, I am in the guilt zone. I don't know how much damage I have done, but I pray it wasnt to awful.
I was craving salt and the chips were there. BAD GIRL, BAD GIRL. This is the first time I have not stayed on target. I weigh tonight. MJ how do you prepare the plantan? I love them but have only had them fried. Thnaks

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Hello
How's everybody doing? For me, beat me with a wet noodle. I went so far south that it may be a long time before I can get back. I ATE A BAG OF CHIPS. Now, I am in the guilt zone. I don't know how much damage I have done, but I pray it wasnt to awful.
I was craving salt and the chips were there. BAD GIRL, BAD GIRL. This is the first time I have not stayed on target. I weigh tonight. MJ how do you prepare the plantan? I love them but have only had them fried. Thnaks

So what really happens when one cheats. Does it take a long time to recover? Like if you ate 3 chips and not a whole bag would it be better recovery or it doesn't really matter.
If I had the wet noodle to beat you I would probably eat it instead.

skinnylaydee
04-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Thanks Kerrio68. I found that encouraging. I guess it really doesnt matter. What matters is that I felt guilty, and hopefully that guilt will keep me from doing it again. It was a small bag not the big one. I must admit it did taste good for a minute, but the guilt did set in and the good taste disappeared.
I weigh tonight and as far as lossing, my hopes are not up so that I wont be to disappointed. Again, thanks

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks Kerrio68. I found that encouraging. I guess it really doesnt matter. What matters is that I felt guilty, and hopefully that guilt will keep me from doing it again. It was a small bag not the big one. I must admit it did taste good for a minute, but the guilt did set in and the good taste disappeared.
I weigh tonight and as far as lossing, my hopes are not up so that I wont be to disappointed. Again, thanks

eating that today will not affect tonight. It will be next week.

I was just wondering what cheating does? I mean I have had two days where I have had forkfull of food. Its not that much --so don't know what it will do.

alncolon
04-07-2011, 03:26 PM
I just stared the diet tuesday (Without the beads) and I'm now on my first day of milk and it's killer. Is there ANYTHING I can do with milk and yogurt????

I just want my veggie days back -___-

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 03:31 PM
I just stared the diet tuesday (Without the beads) and I'm now on my first day of milk and it's killer. Is there ANYTHING I can do with milk and yogurt????

I just want my veggie days back -___-

latte's with coffee or without. You can add sugar free flavored syrup to it. You can take milk, ice and walden farms choc syrup and put in a blender and get a frozen drink.
I added cinammon and vanilla extract to my yogurt. You can add sugar free blueberry syrup or strawberry syrup to yogurt.

alncolon
04-07-2011, 03:58 PM
thank you so much. I still have 12oz left for the day and i was at a loss. I hate milk & plain yogurt.

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 04:25 PM
thank you so much. I still have 12oz left for the day and i was at a loss. I hate milk & plain yogurt.

how is it working out without the beads?

alncolon
04-07-2011, 04:58 PM
how is it working out without the beads?

Today is really the first day that I've felt really hungry but that's because I'm only allowed milk and/or yogurt but it's not too bad. My dad is starving and he has the beads, but he also starts his workday at 3AM. Luckily I'm busy most of the day so it takes my mind off food lol

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Today is really the first day that I've felt really hungry but that's because I'm only allowed milk and/or yogurt but it's not too bad. My dad is starving and he has the beads, but he also starts his workday at 3AM. Luckily I'm busy most of the day so it takes my mind off food lol

He needs to adjust his eating times. I presume if his day is starting at 3 a.m. it is ending earlier. My Dr. said we can eat earlier but need to end earlier. We have 7 hours to eat. I dont want it earlier I prefer as late as possible. The only thing he said is to not eat up until you go to bed. One other girl's husband starts his day at 2 a.m. and he eats a hardboiled egg. I think if he is going to bed earlier and starting his day earlier you would have to adjust the times to fit his clock.

MariaJanet
04-07-2011, 05:42 PM

Yo B...you know you got this!!!! Love you baby girl!!!:hug::hug::hug::hug:

alncolon
04-07-2011, 05:45 PM
He needs to adjust his eating times. I presume if his day is starting at 3 a.m. it is ending earlier. My Dr. said we can eat earlier but need to end earlier. We have 7 hours to eat. I dont want it earlier I prefer as late as possible. The only thing he said is to not eat up until you go to bed. One other girl's husband starts his day at 2 a.m. and he eats a hardboiled egg. I think if he is going to bed earlier and starting his day earlier you would have to adjust the times to fit his clock.

Lol, yea I know her. That's my dad she's talking about.
But we're only allowed six hours to eat x_x

MariaJanet
So I went to get weighed and lost lbs with the beads! Not bad for only being on them 7 days. Before the beads I was 178, then 175 the day I got them and now 169...I'll take that with a smile. Hopefully this week will be better since I cheated on Saturday and went out with the girls to this restaurant in Tribeca called Sazon...this week there is no cheating. At least I hope not, lol!!!

alncolon

I'm hungryyyyyy

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 05:46 PM

MJ where have you been all day? Having a good day I hope.

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 05:48 PM
So I went to get weighed and lost lbs with the beads! Not bad for only being on them 7 days. Before the beads I was 178, then 175 the day I got them and now 169...I'll take that with a smile. Hopefully this week will be better since I cheated on Saturday and went out with the girls to this restaurant in Tribeca called Sazon...this week there is no cheating. At least I hope not, lol!!!

You lost 9 pounds and cheated. What more can you expect? That is more then half of the 15 pounds they said we would lose a month. I would love it. Have not got on scale since I was mad yesterday morning. Mine better move I need some motivation to go along with the starving.

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Lol, yea I know her. That's my dad she's talking about.
But we're only allowed six hours to eat x_x

ok then 6 (mine is a little different I have 7) but his "noon" is earlier since his schedule is not the norm....He is sleeping when our body is still functioning looking for nutrients.

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 05:51 PM
MJ where have you been all day? Having a good day I hope.

I meant to end with congrats!! I have never lost more then two in a week so 9 would make the torture all worth it. I would be jumping for joy.

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm hungryyyyyy

drink some water...:dizzy:

MariaJanet
04-07-2011, 05:57 PM
I meant to end with congrats!! I have never lost more then two in a week so 9 would make the torture all worth it. I would be jumping for joy.

Thanks, I'm not reaaaallly complaining. I just know that it "could" have been more. Plus, I realized last night that we were not eating enough. I bought a scale last night and boy was I way off. I needed to be eating a little more veggies.

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks, I'm not reaaaallly complaining. I just know that it "could" have been more. Plus, I realized last night that we were not eating enough. I bought a scale last night and boy was I way off. I needed to be eating a little more veggies.

that is good that you get to eat more. I tried to buy packaged stuff and weighed the vegetables in the store so I knew how much they weighed. I am afraid I am going to go over.
Well I would be grateful with 7 pounds...but I am not going back until Monday so its 9 days cuz I have to do that last day of apples and the 9 day cleanse. It better have cleansed 7 pounds off my body.
Tonight is my last night of veggies.. guess I should enjoy it before the milk tomorrow.. LOl :(

MariaJanet
04-07-2011, 06:02 PM
that is good that you get to eat more. I tried to buy packaged stuff and weighed the vegetables in the store so I knew how much they weighed. I am afraid I am going to go over.
Well I would be grateful with 7 pounds...but I am not going back until Monday so its 9 days cuz I have to do that last day of apples and the 9 day cleanse. It better have cleansed 7 pounds off my body.
Tonight is my last night of veggies.. guess I should enjoy it before the milk tomorrow.. LOl :(

why don't you switch to the dark side and do the one I'm doing? 2 days veggies 2 days milk? Do you have your beads?

MariaJanet
04-07-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm hungryyyyyy

Have some Agua?

kerrioh68
04-07-2011, 06:05 PM
why don't you switch to the dark side and do the one I'm doing? 2 days veggies 2 days milk? Do you have your beads?

after my last day of apples on sunday I will be doing the same thing as you.. The difference after that is I have from 12- 7 to eat (or any 7 hour window). he said he has teachers on it who have lunch at 11 a.m. so they do 11-6. He just said 7 hours to eat and not to make the 7 hours go to bedtime. I do 12-7 or 1215-715. I have to drink 120 ounces of water, for every coffee ounce I have need to increase water. The time is really the only difference once I finish this cleanse. I am also considering not doing the last day of apples and going into just the veggie/milk combo. The apple days were worse then either of these. Yes I have my beads.. rubbing them a lot today.:carrot:

MariaJanet
04-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Hello
How's everybody doing? For me, beat me with a wet noodle. I went so far south that it may be a long time before I can get back. I ATE A BAG OF CHIPS. Now, I am in the guilt zone. I don't know how much damage I have done, but I pray it wasn't to awful.
I was craving salt and the chips were there. BAD GIRL, BAD GIRL. This is the first time I have not stayed on target. I weigh tonight. MJ how do you prepare the plantain? I love them but have only had them fried. Thanks

I buy the yellow ones and leave them ripe up a little more or you can buy the black ones (just don't get them tooooo soft). Once I know they are ripe enough I stick them in the Microwave for 4-5 minutes. Before you do you cut both ends and you slice the outside going downward with a knife. Once cooked take the peal off and you can eat them just like that. I sprinkle mine with salt since I like the salt/sweet taste.

MariaJanet
04-07-2011, 06:09 PM
after my last day of apples on sunday I will be doing the same thing as you.. The difference after that is I have from 12- 7 to eat (or any 7 hour window). he said he has teachers on it who have lunch at 11 a.m. so they do 11-6. He just said 7 hours to eat and not to make the 7 hours go to bedtime. I do 12-7 or 1215-715. I have to drink 120 ounces of water, for every coffee ounce I have need to increase water. The time is really the only difference once I finish this cleanse. I am also considering not doing the last day of apples and going into just the veggie/milk combo. The apple days were worse then either of these. Yes I have my beads.. rubbing them a lot today.:carrot:

"Ok, good. I have to drink more water too...I've been slacking on that.

I'll let you go now, leaving work going home. Hopefully, I will be on tomorrow. Have a good night!!!

alncolon
04-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Have some Agua?

I'm drinking 3-4 32oz bottles of water a day. I think I need a bathroom in my room.

kerrioh68
04-08-2011, 07:49 AM
I weighed myself again. I lost almost 3 pounds. I am happy but I know others lost a lot more the first few days. They say 15 a month so that is 3.5 a week. Guess I am headed to the average category not the above average category. I will take 3-4 if it stays at that. Being fat stinks LOL. At least the scale :cp::cp::dust:was moving in the right direction.

:dust:

skinnylaydee
04-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Hello:
Thanks MJ for letting me know how to make the plantans. I will give it a try. Do you consider one plantan as one fruit? Your weight loss is great. Last night was my offical weigh in and I lost 4.3 lbs for a total of 24.4lbs in three weeks. I am very pleased with the results so far. It seems that each week the loss is less which is okay as long as I lose 15lbs a month. The doc also explained that since I have quite a lot of weight to lose, I will drop quickly in the beginning and then taper off.
Keep up the good results and you will make your goal in no time.

Kerroh68 hang in there girl, you are doing great. Each pound loss is better than an oz gained. You are definately going in the right direction.

kerrioh68
04-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Hello:
Thanks MJ for letting me know how to make the plantans. I will give it a try. Do you consider one plantan as one fruit? Your weight loss is great. Last night was my offical weigh in and I lost 4.3 lbs for a total of 24.4lbs in three weeks. I am very pleased with the results so far. It seems that each week the loss is less which is okay as long as I lose 15lbs a month. The doc also explained that since I have quite a lot of weight to lose, I will drop quickly in the beginning and then taper off.
Keep up the good results and you will make your goal in no time.

Kerroh68 hang in there girl, you are doing great. Each pound loss is better than an oz gained. You are definately going in the right direction.

Thanks skinny --I don't go until Monday so hoping for at least 5 or 6 by then. I know it will taper off --just hoping for the big jump the first weeks ..I too would just like to reach 15 after the first month.

kerrioh68
04-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks Skinnylaydee.. I hope to have 5 pounds by the time I get weighed on Monday. I will also be happy if I just reach the 15 pounds at the end of the month (but of course reading all the others results I was hoping to be above 15 --greedy)... LOL

alncolon
04-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself daily, but I lost three lbs between yesterday morning and this morning. Staying strong! :)

kerrioh68
04-08-2011, 11:38 AM
I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself daily, but I lost three lbs between yesterday morning and this morning. Staying strong! :)

well maybe I will have that lOL.. weigh myself on sunday and be down 6 total LOL... :carrot:

MariaJanet
04-08-2011, 02:35 PM
well maybe I will have that lOL.. weigh myself on Sunday and be down 6 total LOL... :carrot:

You are doing just fine. When I got weighed yesterday she told me that there have been many that loose up to 15 just in the first week...Obviously that was not me, but I'm still happy. As long as I keep loosing it gives me the desire to continue just one more week. So if you have lost 6, that's better than 0 or +1. Let's make this work!!!!

kerrioh68
04-08-2011, 02:41 PM
You are doing just fine. When I got weighed yesterday she told me that there have been many that loose up to 15 just in the first week...Obviously that was not me, but I'm still happy. As long as I keep loosing it gives me the desire to continue just one more week. So if you have lost 6, that's better than 0 or +1. Let's make this work!!!!

Well I am hoping for six by monday .. right now its barely three.

This has to work..no clothes fit and I have no desire to buy new big clothes.:(

kerrioh68
04-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Going back to milk after vegetables is tough! I want to eat.

alncolon
04-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Going back to milk after vegetables is tough! I want to eat.

Ugh, I can't wait! tomorrow is veggie day.

cocoisfit
04-09-2011, 10:11 AM

Congrats on the weight-loss!! Good luck to the no cheating, it's really never worth it

So far I've lost 5lbs... the second time around is tough :(

Drink water, lose more. And walking helps even as minimal exercise.

kerrioh68
04-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Cocoisfit... congrats on the 5 pounds. It will be harder this time around because if your stats are correct your under 200 (170)--now 165? So I would expect it to be lower. I am 180...was hoping for like 6 or 7 the first week and then if it dropped to 3-4 I would be ecstatic. ITs better then gaining or only losing 1 or 2.

To all--this morning was difficult --its a saturday.. did not want to wake up early because I knew I had to wait until noon to eat. Easier on the weekdays I am at work and noon seems a little easier.. .45 minutes til my yogurt.

alncolon
04-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Cocoisfit... congrats on the 5 pounds. It will be harder this time around because if your stats are correct your under 200 (170)--now 165? So I would expect it to be lower. I am 180...was hoping for like 6 or 7 the first week and then if it dropped to 3-4 I would be ecstatic. ITs better then gaining or only losing 1 or 2.

To all--this morning was difficult --its a Saturday.. did not want to wake up early because I knew I had to wait until noon to eat. Easier on the weekdays I am at work and noon seems a little easier.. .45 minutes til my yogurt.

I know, Saturday mornings are the worst and I had to wake up early this morning to do laundry. My dad (who quit the accuweight diet yesterday) was also up making himself a triple stacker egg sandwich with all kinds of deliciousness (but I won't bore you with details).
THEN last night I cheated. :( I was at the mall for two hours and I was feeling dizzy (remember I don't have the beads) so I had some pretzels since there wasn't any honey around. I was upset but I really didn't feel well, I ended up going to bed at 9:30. Thank goodness today is a veggie day! :carrot:

kerrioh68
04-09-2011, 12:43 PM
I know, Saturday mornings are the worst and I had to wake up early this morning to do laundry. My dad (who quit the accuweight diet yesterday) was also up making himself a triple stacker egg sandwich with all kinds of deliciousness (but I won't bore you with details).
THEN last night I cheated. :( I was at the mall for two hours and I was feeling dizzy (remember I don't have the beads) so I had some pretzels since there wasn't any honey around. I was upset but I really didn't feel well, I ended up going to bed at 9:30. Thank goodness today is a veggie day! :carrot:

I had a bite of a taco yesterday and two potato chips... I do so well then all of the sudden i have a bite.
I also went to bed at 930 and then the phone woke me up at 10. I tried to stay asleep as late as possible. I am eating yogurt now. Waited until 1230 so I can go a little later (mine is a little different). I just hate having a good day and cheating with a bite. It stinks.
Well at least you have food today. Stay strong. ITS Temporary if we succeed. :cool:

kerrioh68
04-09-2011, 12:44 PM
alncolon... I also looked at your stats.. Your starting number is what I want to get to.. So if you have a 4-5 pound week that is awesome at that low weight.. stay strong though your journey could be very short.

kerrioh68
04-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Morning and an apple, an apple at noon. At an apple. This estimate can be thin, but too much for one good

windows 7 key
office 2007 key
office 2010 key
office visio key
windows visio key
windows xp key

office visio key
windows visio key
windows xp key

wholesale windows 7 key
wholesale office 2007 key
wholesale office 2010 key