Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 10:26 PM   #1  

Default made it to lifetime

i started ww april 15 2002 start weigh in was 215 wanted to lose 18 pounds before my wedding date which was june 15 i hit my 10 percent which was 21 pounds..my weigh in november 11 was 170.. anyone have any ideals on how to lose more i been at a stand still for a few weeks??/
Old 11-15-2002, 06:49 AM   #2  

Welcome to the world of lifetime rhonda and congratulations. Wow - 35 lbs! What a great achievement!

You didn't say how much more you want to lose and what your weight range is. It's always hardest to lost the last 10 lbs or so -- at least that's been my experience. I've been about 7 lbs away from my personal goal for three years - just don't seem to have the will to do what it takes to get there.

And that just may be the key. Sometimes I think my personal goal just isn't realistic because I would have to work so hard to get and stay there.

Anyway, back to your question. Have you tried mixing things up in terms of how many points you eat each day? Some people find that a mix of high and low point days works to nudge your metabolism to run a little higher. Are you exercising? You could increase the frequency or duration of your workouts. And sometimes, it just means sticking it out through a plateau; eventually, you start to lose again. I believe WW has a booklet on the subject of plateaus and how to get past them.

That's about it from me in terms of ideas. Again, congratulations -you should be very proud of yourself!
Old 11-15-2002, 07:40 AM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Hooray for you making lifetime!

Seasaw is right--try alternating your points each day and exercise a little more. Plateaus are frustrating indeed.

Keep up the good work.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:27 AM   #4  

WAY TO GO RHONDA

I agree with Seasaw and Domina plateaus can be frustrating. Sometimes after a serious loss... the body needs a few weeks to regroup.

Now, I know when I got married (today's my 4th year anniversary) I felt thrilled but chaotic for probably a year. The first couple of months are quite a challenge and I know I ate and drank much more than ususal.

Come join our Weekly Challenge and the daily online journals we do... I find especially if I'm crazed with normal life stuff - it really helps to focus on what I'm putting in my mouth. It's been such a help to post with the gang what's going on... what's an upcoming issue, e.g. today's Anniversary... Thanksgiving at the In-laws... etc. I've found I'm actually exercising more and watching portions again!

You've done such a great job - 35 lbs is awesome. What is your goal by the way? Hang in there and know we're there for ya.

Patch
Old 11-15-2002, 03:38 PM   #5  

thanks seesaw,domina, patch i need all the help i can get well hear is the story i want to become a leader and i have to be within 2 pounds of the ideal weight for my height which is 157 pounds.i weight 155 pounds when i was 16 years old but i know if i excrise more i could lose since it has turned of cold here i havent beeen walking like i use too...as long as u three help me and support me i will make it thanks again 45 pounds since april btw

Last edited by rjskms1; 11-15-2002 at 03:42 PM.
Closed Thread