Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default medication withdrawal weight gain! Aaaaagh!

Over the weekend, I had to go two days without my blood pressure medication, because of an insurance screw-up (Medicare stopped paying on my prescription, because there's a newly available generic drug in the same class, but the pharmacy had to get the ok from my doctor).

It's also coincidentally right before TOM (when I can gain up to 10 lbs in water weight, though it tends to come on and go off over the course of several days, not overnight).

My weight shot up overnight from 304 lbs to 315 lbs!

Intellectually, I knew it was water retention from the combination of TOM and being without the diuretic, but it was miserable nonetheless, especially since I also am having TOM cravngs like mad! Trying not to eat so that none of the water gain became fat gain, was harder than I expected (I thought I was beyond this kind of over-reaction, that I was virtually immune from the "what's the use," thinking).

I'm already down to 308 lbs (my second day back on the bp pill), but my rings are still tight, so I'm still retaining some water, but at least I didn't panic, but I came dangerously close to binging on crap just because those old "what's the use, I might as well eat" feelings were back.

Last edited by kaplods; 12-14-2010 at 01:40 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:20 AM   #2  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hey Kaplods,
That sucks on the mix up, sorry to hear about the medication "swell", which of course isn't all that SWELL for you! Grrrrrr Hope it has dissipated even moreso by now?
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm still at 309, but that's pretty good for this TOM. I can gain up to ten pounds with TOM, the average is about 8. So I'm kind of excited to only be 3 lbs up, if I don't give in to TOM hunger, so I'm hoping the period water retention is hiding a pretty good loss.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Good for you for fightin' it through -- it seems life throws us curves every now & then that tempt us to throw in the towel, but hopefully with practice, we are getting better at battling those days and there will be less of them to contend with as well. Hope you'll soon be back to normal and will see a nice loss too; that would be a nice Christmas gift for you ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote