General Diet Plans and Questions - If this idea helps you, go ahead and use it

zeli
12-13-2010, 10:27 AM
The health clinic where I live started a weigh-in program that really motivates the community. This could be done between friends, at someone house....
It's called 10-10-10.

You pay $10 total to join...free weigh in every week after that
in 10 weeks you have to...
lose 10 pounds or more total...

Everyone who reached their goals of 10 lbs lost, will divide all the $ collected on the first week ....

Let's say... 20 people joined at $10 each, total amount of $ collected is $200.
At the end of the 10 weeks, only 10 people reached their goals of 10 lbs lost or more...
then those 10 people go home with $20 each,
and the 10 others, who did not lose up to 10 pounds, go home with nothing-and lost only $10 each...

It works for us... and it's not expensive....and if you reach your goal, it's free and you could go home with extra $ ....

You follow your National heath food guide or anything that works for you.

Hope this helps someone!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

angeluv
12-13-2010, 03:41 PM
hey!! thats a great idea! i wish i had something like that close by me...and unfortunately all my friends are skinny b*tches lol

vdander24
12-13-2010, 03:47 PM
That is definitely something I would join! Great idea!

zeli
12-13-2010, 03:59 PM
angeluv and vdander24, why not organize one like this at work? if your boss permits...weigh-in every wednesday, noon hour...you could always do a mimi try out of 5-5-5
$5 for 5 weeks to lose 5 lbs... and see how that works out...
I'm sure a lot of people would join in and you'd all have the same goal at work...so lunches and snack times would be easier on everyone!!!
go ahead, do it!!! it'll be fun!!! :):):)

kaplods
12-13-2010, 04:57 PM
My TOPS club is a lot like this. We run so many contests throughout the year, that a diligent person can "get paid" to lose weight.

There's a yearly membership ($26 for one person, and half price for family members in the household to join). This includes a monthly magazine.
Monthly dues are $5, but there are dozens of ways to earn more than your money back. For example you earn free monthly dues if you lost weight the previous month (We're going to drop that next year, as one of the ways to save enough money to pay expenses to go to IRD (International Recognition Days, it's a big rally-conference) in Milwaukee next year.

There's a $10 prize every month to be split by members who lost weight and didn't miss a meeting.

At the end of the year, evey member is elibible for up to $21 for weight loss for not having a gain, the previous year ($10 for the first month, and $1 for each additional month).

There's the weekly best loser (which costs everyone one dime, and then the best loser takes home all the dimes, usually $2 to $3).

And then there are dozens of other contest throughout the year.

I'm keeping a tally of my TOPS expenses and winnings, and my goal for my anniversary date is to have earned more than I've spent in the year.

zeli
12-13-2010, 05:03 PM
TOPS sounds great !!!
Anything to motivate us to lose, is a good thing!
thanks for sharing kaplods!!

zeli
12-13-2010, 05:13 PM
at 10-10-10 ,

when one ten week is done, another one starts right away....
this has been going on for about 2 years now...

you can only join on the first week of any new 10-10-10...
nobody joins on week 2 etc...

so advertizing, (on a bulleting board, radio, papers, etc) of when a new 10 week starts is a must, to have a lot of participants...