100 lb. Club - half-as$ed effort

View Full Version : half-as$ed effort

matt_H
12-13-2010, 08:25 AM
This weekend and a few days last week I've sort of just been phoning it in and not really doing the things I need to do. I feel like motivation creep is setting in and I need to get back to being completely on target and motivated. My weight is about the same (fluctuating up a pound or two from the lowest) and I'm determined to bust through into new territory by the end of the week.

My goals for the week: 1) run 4 days with a minimum of 3 miles each run. 2) stay under 2000 calories and preferably ~1700. 3) don't really have a 3rd goal, but all lists need at least 3 things ;)

Its Monday, who is joining me for having an awesome week?!

lovemyboy
12-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Me!!! I'm in. No phoning it in this week!

cherbear
12-13-2010, 09:18 AM
I'll join! I've had a rough weekend eating-wise (of my own making) and I'm up 3 pounds. Here are my goals for this week:

1) excercise Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
2) Stay under 1300 calories a day
3) drink 2 liters of water a day

Yay!! Thanks Matt!

spixiet
12-13-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm in here too :) I've found myself rationalizing higher calorie limits the past couple days, and that's a dangerous slope...

1) Stay under 1400 cals a day
2) Double check portion sizes with weights and measurements
3) Walk everywhere, hike Tuesday, gym Thursday and Saturday

rainbowsmiles
12-13-2010, 10:38 AM
hi matt....:hug: don't let the winter blahs creep in!!!! you are such an inspiration....please.....count me in...i want a GREAT 2nd week!!!
1. drink at least 48 oz of water a day
2. walk 1 mile a day at least 5 days out of the week
3. check into 3fc every day to get my daily dose of motivation!!!
THANKS MATT....for helping us all be accountable!!!
have a beautiful week!!

spixiet....thanks for the heads up....now i will be able to recognize in advance if i am letting calories slip upwards...and avoid that slippery slope!! also...you are one of the cutest little pixies on 3fc!!! keep up your good work!! :)

gumboot
12-13-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm in!
1. Exercise at least four times this week for a minimum of 45 minutes each time.
2. Stay on plan eating wise
3. Drink at least 72 ounces of water a day
It's going to be a great week!

goal4agirl
12-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Hi Matt- I'm in.
I have been in a little stall the past few weeks. I know the truth...I have let the exercise slip. I have done good with my eating (or not eating) but I have been so lazy :dz: and not moving very much like a winter slug.
So I have decided to move more/exercise more. Drink more water. And try my best not to let the winter blas get to me.
Thank you so much for motivating me with this thread :idea: Have an awesome week!

vdander24
12-13-2010, 05:46 PM
I am in too!! I need to kick it into high gear, if I am going to be in a better place for New Year. I am going to do Week 2 of C25K this week, as well as make sure I am walking the rest of it. (My rest day will be Saturday, when I am going to see the Nutcracker) I am limiting my calories to 1600 this week to see how it goes. I am going to make sure I do pushups at least once each day this week.
I am ready for a GREAT week, with a LOSS at the end of it!

SunshineTater
12-13-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm in. I've been slacking.
So, this week:
- More water.
- More exercise.
- Less "estimating" calories.

ubergirl
12-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Me. Sigh. It seems to be like this with me these days.

I five straight perfect days M-F, but my Saturday was only so-so, and my Sunday was the pits-- grazing on stupid stuff. That seems to be my off-plan modus operandi. I don't even eat extra calories having delicious meals, instead I eat a whole bunch of flax seed. Plus, I didn't exercise Sat or Sun-- if I had, I would have managed my stress better.

So my three:

1. No grazing.
2. Exercise every night.
3. No grazing.

krampus
12-13-2010, 09:48 PM
I was going to make a thread just like this one but I see you've beat me to the punch. I've been getting lazy and feeling less motivated than ever. Just yesterday I seriously justified eating almost 1000 calories' worth of cookies to myself by saying "well my foot injury prevents me from running so I might as well eat cookies."

Krampus's Goals This Week:
-Weekly average of <1500 calories/day.
-Desserts/sweets must be limited to under 250 calories if at all. Eat real food.
-Blacklist: peanut butter, chocolate covered nuts, bread. These are my triggers.
-Tae Bo cardio and strength exercise every day. EVERY DAY.
-Don't slack on the water - minimum of 3 liters a day.

matt_H
12-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Welcome everyone! How was your day 1?

Its after 9pm here on the east coast of the US and my day is now winding down. It was a good day. I probably ate 1600 - 1700 calories and ended up jogging 3 miles this evening. My food choices were healthy and filling.

joyfulloser
12-13-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm in!!!:carrot:

Ok...here goes it!

1. run at least 3 miles 4 days this week (ran 4 miles today...woot!)
2. weight train 2 days this week (new program)
3. shop for new eating plan (calorie counting)
4. Prepare weekly menu from low cal cookbooks
5. BREAK FREE of the 180's!!!!:mad:

spixiet
12-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Did well on food today (1250 cals), but no real exercise. Lots of errands and walking though - and I'm thinking about throwing in a bit of yoga after my dinner has had a chance to digest. It's been a long time since I've done yoga, so this week is seeming like a good place to start. Tomorrow, I'm going hiking after work as planned-

My big challenge is going to be Friday - staff party/potluck, followed by socializing at a local bar :) It'll be fun, but there'll be a lot to say no to :dizzy:

Arctic Mama
12-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Oh uber, you described my week exactly! I was down to an all new low on Friday, then a rough weekend of eating bloated me back up. Grrr...

My plan is to stick to my plan! If I do it, everything works. It's so darn simple, and yet I manage to fall off the wagon anyway. I suppose the key is in the getting back on.

Today has gone well thus far, I'm off to go make dinner.

ubergirl
12-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Day one pretty good....

I exercised for an hour- 40 minutes of cardio and twenty of weights....
A bit of nibbling before dinner, but stayed on plan for calories. I've realized that I'm probably not eating enough for breakfast and lunch, then eating dinner late-ish, leading to some pre dinner snacking. I'm going to plan a bigger late afternoon snack.

SunshineTater
12-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Today went ok. I just sat down and logged all my food for the day. I came in under my mark. So yay! It is snowing here....so no work today. I didn't drink as much water as I should have. I forget about it when I'm at home. I've got my walking dvd set up to do before bed.

I'll call today almost successful. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Jojo381972
12-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Great idea!

My plan is to:
-exercise 5 days this week
-eat on plan
-track what I eat

ubergirl
12-14-2010, 08:52 PM
On plan day two. On my way to the gym....

matt_H
12-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Day 2 was good. I was well under my calories. Its back being brutally cold, so no real outdoor exercise. Tomorrow I have to run no matter how cold it is :)

krampus
12-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Day 1 on plan went okay but my upper body was too sore to do pushups or anything. I ate well (under 250 calories of junk) and did cardio and some yoga-esque stretching.

LindseyLou
12-14-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm in!!!
My goals for the week...
1) Drink 64 oz water each day
2) NO going over on calories. Period.
3) Go on a daily walk (trying to rest my poor knee!)
4) Stay positive - I've come a long way thus far! :D

spixiet
12-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Doing well on food, if not so hot on exercise. Under calories by a touch, and I made a new recipe that I liked (a tofu stir fry with broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, and carrots - never thought I'd like tofu)... no junk, all food on plan :D

ubergirl
12-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Day two was pretty good.

I had a chobani yogurt with fiber one as a late pm snack, then got home from work late, so I didn't eat dinner until 7, but I missed the pre-dinner hour which is when I've been hungry and wanting to snack.... I've upped my workouts. I'm trying to do an hour. Before I always ran for a half an hour and worked on upping the intensity, but now, I'm running a little less intense then getting on the bike or lifting.

krampus
12-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Too much junk/calories on Day 2. It's as if all the chocolate in the world is flinging itself at me. Calories probably 1800 or thereabouts. Exercise was pretty good though - Tae Bo, 100 pushups, a bunch of squats, 100 crunches, planks, and lots of stretching. Bum foot is feeling much better than yesterday though not 100%. Made a healthy lunch for tomorrow: tofu, eggplant and spinach stir fry with lemon juice and garlic. Carrots and sesame dressing as a snack.

joyfulloser
12-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Ok...ran 2 days this week so far:)

No weight training...planning on gettin in a 45 session this eve...I sure hope so:(

vdander24
12-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Day one went really well. Stayed under calories, and got a good workout in. Day 2, not so much. Did okay eating,but came right up against the upper limit, did a little walking, but not a full fledged workout. Day 3 is going to be a great day I have decided, even thought it looks like rain!.

matt_H
12-15-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm so happy!

It is so cold here and I knew I just couldn't run outside. Just walking the half mile from the train station to my place was brutal and my hands went numb. Instead of giving up, I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill. I did over 3 miles on varying inclines. It felt great!

My calories today was also very good.

Day 3 was definitely a success. :)

ubergirl
12-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Well, a brief update. I got sick after my workout on Tues and then ran out of time and had to skip yesterday. Feeling pumped for a big workout today.

So far I'm hyper on target for calories.

matt_H
12-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Uber, I hope you are feeling better and had a good day :)

My day was good. I woke up this morning into a new low weight territory by a pound :). I've been waiting for 10 days for that happen.

Perhaps TMI (okay, not perhaps, definitely TMI), I've been having lots of problems with constipation lately. I think when nature does come calling, I might actually have another pretty good loss. I finally took some milk of magnesia tonight so perhaps things will be better in the morning.

ubergirl
12-17-2010, 12:34 AM
Matt, that is AWESOME. I can't believe you are only two pounds away from goal!!!!! If that milk of magnesia works it's charm you may be THERE!!!!!

Me I had a good day. Stayed on plan very well and had a good workout. I'm adding back lifting and changing my running routine, running faster intervals. I was SO EXCITED to have the treadmill on 6.0, if only briefly. I am definitely starting to up my speed.

krampus
12-17-2010, 12:57 AM
I am g%d-damned constipated all the time. I eat plenty of fiber and "good" fats but I only poop 2-3 times a week. It doesn't feel painful so who knows what's going on. Glad to hear of your loss, matt_H! That's really exciting stuff.

Yesterday was half-as$ed, about 1650 calories and I was too cold and lazy to exercise which is bad. Going to exercise tonight but my calories will likely be 1800-2000 since I am going out to dinner with some friends who are all a little overweight and who eat whatever they want.

In good news though, weight was a little down this morning. Not binging really is the key to losing.

vdander24
12-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Uber, Glad to hear you are better!
Matt - CONGRATULATIONS!! You have definitely earned it!

Day 3 was a great day, but not in terms of eating. It was healthy, fantastic tasting, but went over my calories for the day... by a LOT.(2100)
I did workout, and spent my day being pretty active.
Day 4 I am under my caloric intake by alot (1100), but no official workout. I kept myself busy with chores, though, so I was active.

Day 5 goal - To put it all together! Eat under 1600 calories, AND to get a real workout in.
Everybody, Have a great Day! Good luck to those of you in the cold weather!

matt_H
12-17-2010, 11:56 PM
I had a great day today! I very slightly (.2 pounds) got further into new territory this morning. My food intake today was excellent and I'm pretty sure it was abnormally low. Probably around 1400 or 1500 calories. I also managed to make it to the gym and jog for 3 miles. :)

Tomorrow is the WW meeting where I'm going to hit my WW goal at the meeting. I'm pretty excited about it!

ubergirl
12-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Good day today. STayed on plan and 30 minute run on treadmill. Am working on increasing my speed.

vdander24
12-18-2010, 03:29 AM
Well, my day was great!!... Right up until I got out of bed! I spent the day cleaning, baking, and running errands for my sister, and my mother. I am exhausted, did not do an official workout, and didn't track anything. I think I am under 1600 for the day, but can't be sure. I will try to properly add it up in the morning.

On a positive note.... I am going to the Nutcracker tomorrow! It is BF's family tradition, and I have been allowed to join. It is raining, but I am still going to have a great time.
I am going to get a workout in this weekend, com h**l or high water. I have family coming in tomorrow and they will be here for the next three weeks.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Matt - Sending my lightest, most positive thoughts for you at your weigh-in tomorrow! Good luck!
Ubergirl - Way to finish the week strong! Great job!

matt_H
12-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Wow, I'm comment/ post crazy lately!

Anyway, I just wanted to sneak in here once again and say my weight this morning is 181.2! I had a big drop of over 3 pounds in the last 3 days.

I'm off to my WW meeting there I will definitely hit my WW goal of 185 (I'll probably weigh in there around 183ish as the clothes add a couple of pounds).

I'll update tonight as to how the rest of the day went.

Its the weekend, now is the time to really focus and stay OP. The weekends are a challenge but I know you all can do it!!! I hope everyone has a great day and looking forward to reading how you did. :D

saef
12-18-2010, 09:25 AM
There's your whoosh, Matt. Right on time, like a Metro North commuter train.

(The pants don't lie.)

I'm happy for you. Enjoy your meeting. You deserve it.

joyfulloser
12-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Ran Friday 4.27 miles! All time high...great...but other than my pushups (3 sets of 12), I did NOT get any weight lifting time in this week.:( Must do better next week. Today (Saturday) will go running...3-4 miles....do my push ups (which by the way...is actually working to cut up my arms a bit)...and shovel some snow and grocery shop...yeahhh...oh what excitement awaits meh!!!:o

*EDIT* Ran again today (Saturday) 3.4 miles...aaaahhhh...now I don't feel so bad about the weights...next week..I promise!;)

Total miles ran this week: 15+ miles:carrot:

matt_H
12-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Awesome running Joyfull!

I lucked out today that our WW meeting ran long and I didn't have to embarass myself and say I made goal weight at the end of the meeting.

Food wise today was good. I don't eat before my WW meeting, so I just ate lunch around 11:30 and had a healthy burrito (no cheese or sour cream). Dinner was an unexpected meetup with a friend but I choose the blackened swordfish which came with brown rice and brocoli.

It is always hard to guestimate calories but I bet the burrito was less than 800 calories and I'd assume the blackened swordfish thing was similar. Maybe 1600 or 1700 calories.

I walked a couple of miles today, but other than that, no tough exercise since I'm running that 5k race tomorrow morning.