Old 12-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Chat - Monday, December 13, 2010 through Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy New Week!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I am SOOOOO far behind. I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. And, not doing too well on my plan. I need to do better as I've not lost anything in close to two months. I guess at least I'm not gaining, right? I've been up since 4:30 because I rolled over and my brain starting firing on all cylinders and I couldn't fall back to sleep.

Let's see if I can catch up on at least all the recent stuff.

Rhonda, I'm VERY familiar with Etsy. I've shopped there several times and really, really enjoy looking at the items there. So far, all my purchases have really been quality and I feel safe using PayPal there. The people on there are so creative. I wish I was, but I'm not. It's like having the most elite of craft shows available at one's fingertips. I just bought four of the most clever holders for the really large lottery tickets for Jim's christmas stocking. She had little ones on her website. I sent her an email.....they call it convos there...and she agreed to make me some custom ones in the larger size. I got all four and shipping for $15! I haven't seen them yet but I'm sure they'll be cute. I'm also shopping for a 5' x 5' quilt for my family room in french country blue and yellow colors. Believe it or not, I have about 5 or 6 to choose from. Please let me know when you get your store open. I'm not big on jewelry any more, and I can't wear sterling because I tarnish it the moment it touches my skin, but you never know when I need a gift. Good luck to you.

JoJo, I'm fascinated with the whole monarchy issue but I know I would HATE to live within one. I'm sorry this whole season is going to be so hard for you without your daughter. I wish there was something I could do to help except time is the only healer.

Mary Ann, I'm really happy to hear that you are pleased with your bedroom move and that you are settling in. Congratulations on your weight loss!

Nancy, sorry that Robin is struggling. I know how hard it is when one person of the couple is faltering. Jim and I are going through that now. I know I should be a big girl and be strong on my own, but it's not easy. Congratulations to you on continuing to lose despite his lack of commitment! Any news on the house sale? This would be a win win situation for both of you. I'm praying!

Sloan, take the losses where you can, even if the same ones. At least you are not losing ground permanently. Sooner or later, the motivation will strike and we will start to lose again. Even though I haven't been posting, I've been reading and I've definitely been praying for Vance. I hope they can get him on even keel quickly.

Sandra, I am so proud of you! You really sound like you are enjoying the play and the season and not taking advantage of the holiday time to overeat. You really should post the recent FB picture of yourself on here for the girls to see. You look adorable. I really need that top you are wearing. Where did it come from? Too cute!

I have Jenny today and I'll probably stay the same again. The counselor won't be happy but I'm satisfied. This is a real hard time of year for me to lose weight. Nothing big is happening this week so I should be ok.

I've finally finished my Christmas shopping for 11 people. Yesterday, I boxed and tissued all the gifts to ready them for wrapping. That's the part I hate the most so I'm glad it's done. Today is booked solid, as is tomorrow. I should be able to do the actual wrapping on Wednesday. I also have to make a batch of my special snowcap cookies to bring to a friend on Thursday. It's just a crazy busy time of the year.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #3  
beachbum

Good Afternoon Ladies

Had lots of rain and wind last night and this morning I have moths all over my front windows & door. If they're not gone by 10AM I'm going out my sliding door as I don't want then flying to to my home.

I have to go to my reg doctor to pick up the forms and than go to the hospital to have a x ray of my knee.

Its in the 50's and tomorrow it will drop into the 30's again. I watched a movie called Nanny Mcphee and after I thought um!! maybe my grandson need her to straighten him out. He's such a brat comparing to the girls,they were never aloud to get away with the things he does.

VICKIE-Thanks for the new pages,thanks for the congrats also,I find that eating slowly and in portion sizes is helping me. Thinks will settle down for you Vickie as long as your maintaining that's a good thing. That's what happened to me also, I got up to go to the bathroom some time around 2ish and than laying there to find me getting up to ha swarm of moths all over my front door & windows. I just had a chance to sweep them off and some of them were sleeping.Not going to leave the front light on tonight.

Have to go and have my dinner and than go to the cemetery to visit my Leo,before I go down to my DD's on Tuesday.

Have a nice day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

I started my day with the "Latin Heat" class at the gym, then did 30 minutes of weight lifting on my own. It's been a few weeks since I lifted any heavy weight, so I eased back into it.

I've been lax about posting, but this week looks much less busy. I'll go back and read everyone's posting from last week later today.

Right now, I'm watching the finches and the titmice at the bird feeders. This is the first winter that I've been here and had the feeders. I think having to break the ice on the bird bath every morning is going to get old fast. But, I'll do it in a loving spirit to keep my little babies happy.

I'm back to recording all my food intake, after getting haphazard about that. My weight keeps inching back up, and it is SO boring!

BBL,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! My friend got to come yesterday, and we painted a picture for a Christmas gift that she wanted to give. We had a great time drinking wine, painting, and having a "girls' night". We had a snow day today, so she spent the night. Today she decorated my dining room for me. She has an incredible knack to creating the most beautiful tablescapes and vignettes. I did not spend a dime, and my room looks like a million dollars!

Vickie, you are doing great with your Christmas shopping. I have only bought one gift! I guess the mood will eventually strike me, and I will get it all done. I'm really proud of you for hanging in there. Staying the same is progress!! How often in your life have you been frustrated and given up? You are still at it, and that is progress!!

Nancy, did I miss a post about your house? What's happening? Have they made an offer?

Maryann, sounds like you have just about gotten every thing in order. I hope you get some rest over the holiday, and don't get worn out before your surgery. Who will be staying with you while you recover?

Sandra, how did the play go? We are out of school today, and they have already canceled school for tomorrow due to snow. Woohoo! I love snow days.

Rhonda, when can we see some of your jewelry? I've got to get some bird feeders set out. We've got a couple of inches of snow, and the poor things need some seed.

I'm going to take a nap so I've got to go. I'll check back later.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. What a treat getting to hear from each of you. I just got here from our CORE recipe thread on CORE soups. Saw some good recipes but got sad seeing most were posted by former Chickies. I miss those ladies and wish they would return.

Vickie, thank you for the compliment on the photo. You know how I am, though. I want it to look better. Maybe some day I'll be happy; however, I do admit the photo looks better than it would have if it had been taken 6 months earlier. You have a good attitude. I agree with you that maintaining throughout the holidays is really pretty darn good. Probably as good as a loss!

Maryann, have a fun/safe trip tomorrow. I hope you can be online. I miss you when you're gone.

Rhonda, we've been hearing an owl at night. Kewl!! Your birdies will enjoy your birdbath. Kudos to you for breaking the ice.

I'm leading the OA meeting tonight. The meeting is 6:15-7:15 so I have awhile before I need to leave. WW in the morning. Guess I'll peek at the scales again.

Nancy, Sloan, Frouf, JoJo, I hope you chickies are out enjoying your day. Same for all of us. Have a Marvelous Monday.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Sloan, guess we're here together. Glad you have some snow days--just stay safe. The play went well. The kids pulled it all together. Congrats on your "new room." Enjoy your nap.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:48 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I forgot to tell you about the top. I got it at CATO's. Is there a CATO's near you?
Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #9  

We are meeting with the guy who is interested in the house on Wed.
He is giving us an estimate I think on doing the work we need done .
Maybe we will all discuss the possibilities then or they may not be serious.
Even if they aren't interested I am glad it all happened because it has encouraged us and the house looks better now that I spent the day
decluttering my counters & other surfaces.

It is so very cold here...

I am holding steady with my loss from last week. Trying to eat South Beach as much as possible.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:16 AM   #10  

Nancy, I'm glad you are content with the "house thing". It feels really good to get things de-cluttered, doesn't it? We will be out for snow tomorrow, so I plan to de-clutter my laundry room. Sounds like a blast, huh?

I've been doing pretty well with my eating, but last night and today, not so much. I've got dinner out tomorrow with friends, a Christmas party on Wednesday, and another party on Saturday. I hope I don't do too much damage. Wish me luck!! Night y'all
Old 12-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #11  
beachbum

Good Afternoon Ladies

Didn't sleep well again last night,it was too warm in the room I must learn what temp are good for this room as its so much smaller than the one up stairs where we kept the thermostat at 65. I guess I have to bring it down further.Going to try 62 and see what happens.

Other wise nothing new,except to get my mail stopped and than call the taxi company. Which I can do at the end of the week. Trying to mix match my clothes like I did on Thanksgiving but this time around I'm finding it harder to bring red & greens into my wardrobe.

Have to go out to the petco and see if I can get a bunny Christmas stocking for m y grandchildren bunny called Shelby. DD told me to buy her toys as she was told that the bunny food is not good for them. She eats spinach and dandelion greens.

RHONDA-That's ok not coming on the thread as much as you want to,Its been a very busy month for me and I have been MIA also.

SLOANE-Yes,It does looks like I have everything in order. Hope I didn't forget anything. Not going to have anyone stay with me, while I recover. Its just going to be me,myself and I. Not really afraid as I have the Lord with me, but just in case I just called the surgical nurse and hopefully she will return my call and give me a answer.

SANDRA-I leaving for NY next Tuesday,but I have so much to do,I glad it wasn't this week.DD is fussy about any one using her computer.So I not even going to ask.

NANCY-I must have missed a post or two ,are you selling your house???? Hope you get what your asking for it,as its a buyers market,so my sister told me being a real estate agent..

Have a great day,off to do some chores
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #12  

Hi All:

I just read the last page of last week's thread. Jojo, I had just heard that joke yesterday, before I read your posting. I laughed both times. Some days even Santa gets tired.

I'll see if I can post some pictures of some of the necklaces. It will be a while before I sign up on Etsy, if I ever do. But, for those of you who don't know the site, go look at it. There is some beautiful work.

So, this afternoon is our last tap performance of the year, and I've been asked to join the group officially. They practice and learn new dances twice a week. Right now, I think I'll continue with other class too. That would give me three sessions weekly. How could one possibly dance too often?

I don't have any loss to report, and am struggling not to eat too much. But, somehow I feel a little more control creeping back in. I hope so anyway. I was doing well at calorie counting for a while, then took a break with the expected consequences.

Nancy, good luck with selling the house. It's all nerve-wracking I know.

Sloan, I enjoyed the story about your friend and your room.

Maryann, I hope you have a good trip.

Sandra, good going on the play. Maybe we should work up a routine and take our act on the road?!

Vickie, I'm impressed with that shopping. I've got one thing for DH and that's all the shopping I've done.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #13  

Default Pictures

I've attached two pictures. One is of me on September 23rd, my 65th birthday.
The car is DH's 1990 Cadillac. I love it; it is an old man magnet as I drive it around town. Of course, it is the younger men--who don't have any money--who want to buy it. It is NOT for sale.

The other picture is of some of the jewelry. It's simple stuff. I'll take some better pics of some of the pieces. The colors of two of them don't show well. The lower left is white, aqua and orange, the one one the right is a pale green and white.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Suzie and Ray's Wedding Toronto 2010.jpg (48.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Jewelry.Nov18.2010 001.jpg (48.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Tejas; 12-14-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #14  

Hey chickies, I've been home today doing the "snow day" things like cooking, laundry, visiting with my kiddos. I'm meeting friends for dinner tonight. I think we would go to school tomorrow, but another winter storm is predicted, so who knows?

Maryann, I know what you mean about not sleeping if it's too hot. We keep our house freezing at night.

Rhonda, I love your pics! I think you look great! I love the jewelry, too.

I'll try to check in tonight after I get home. TTFN
Old 12-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #15  

I had fun today photographing my daughter's class while they
did a rock climbing field trip. I borrowed a friend's
really nice camera so I hope I got a lot of good shots . I am getting ready to
put them on my computer after this post. I am trying to decide the best way to share them.
I could burn the 10 CD's (one for each student)
I would like to get a nice camera next year and work on my photography
skills.

Maryann..
I used to raise rabbits and most professional breeders all feed a quality
pellet rabbit food and a good hay. They need the hay for roughage to keep there digestive system running smooth. I wonder of your granddaughter should get a second opinion about the feed. I do know that any change needs to be done gradually. They cannot just throw up like a cat or dog and digestive upsets often are fatal for a bunny. I wish you lived near me because I have lots of little bunny things left over.

About the house...our plan is to do some updates with tiling & painting
and such and get it on the market in the spring, but we had a builder
guy that is interested "as is" before we update.
We meet him tomorrow , so it will be interesting to see what he says.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote