Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 06:20 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Mon. 13 Dec. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

________

To catch up on what happened over the weekend, check out this past weekend's chat: December 11-12, 2010

Last edited by EatAnts; 12-13-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone...its like I'm in limbo...I'm right at that 200 lbs mark...
and I weigh in Wed... I have been at this mark 3 times in years gone by
and just blew it everytime...
I have got to get past this mark its really messing with my brain..
its like I think its this wall that I can't get past...

Old 12-13-2010, 07:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 137/127/115

Height: 5ft3"

Goodmorning All,

Well I had my second WI on Saturday and lost 2lbs. I know I should be happy with 2lbs , but I was hoping for 3 at least......but you gotta take what you can get, better than a gain I suppose.
My coach told me that I will have to work harder to lose more than 2lbs a week b/c I don't have a lot too loose. She said to maximize my weight lose I'll have to excercise more, even if its walking 30min/day. I work out 2-3 times a week all ready anywhere from 45min to 1 hour. Lately its been only 2x week.
Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend ( there never long enough...lol )
and Have a great Monday! Cheers
Old 12-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning Everyone!

Just stopping in to say that the flu is gone, the x is gone, and the -35 is gone. Today should be a much better day and start a much better week!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Susan
Old 12-13-2010, 09:32 AM   #5  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Morning Everyone!

Just stopping in to say that the flu is gone, the x is gone, and the -35 is gone. Today should be a much better day and start a much better week!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Susan
Good morning! Glad to hear your having a better week! However...it is now -32C (-23F) here! Please tell me you didn't send the flu with the cold!?!
Old 12-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/137/135

Height: 5'8"

My coach told me I was her slowest loser ever!!!! I have low thyroid and am in menopause. But, I took the 1 pound a week loss for 25 weeks. I am still amazed that I am almost at my goal weight-IP is the only plan that worked for me. So grateful!!! Now for those last few pesky pounds!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #7  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Good morning everyone!
I have a question:
Has anyone flown with their IP foods? I am going to Las Vegas in less than two weeks and I want to pack all my foods and I want to make sure TSA won't bust them all open. I am packing them in checked luggage in a separate bag just for them. Thanks
Old 12-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #8  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Good morning everyone!
I have a question:
Has anyone flown with their IP foods? I am going to Las Vegas in less than two weeks and I want to pack all my foods and I want to make sure TSA won't bust them all open. I am packing them in checked luggage in a separate bag just for them. Thanks
You should be fine. I have flown with garden fresh tomatoes as a carry on. Couple of weeks ago, my daughter flew with Iowa raised beef that was frozen. Make sure you put the RTD in a bag though. I don't think they would let you carry that on in the cabin. You could also call and check with the airline.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #9  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Good morning everyone!
I have a question:
You will be fine. I just got back from Atlanta last night. I had some products in my carry-on and more in my checked bag. I kept all my food items in a ziploc together and haven't had any issues with TSA. Have a great trip. I hope you don't get held hostage on a plane for 3 hrs waiting to be de-iced like I did. Atlanta doesn't understand the de-icing process and it made for a really long night.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:12 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
I hope you don't get held hostage on a plane for 3 hrs waiting to be de-iced like I did. Atlanta doesn't understand the de-icing process and it made for a really long night.
Yeah, ice is kind of a rare thing in the South...

hugs
Old 12-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #11  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Hey, someone on the daily threads (or it might have been the shirataki noodle thread) posted a meal idea of using the shirataki noodles with ginger, soy, WF peanut butter, etc for kind of a thai peanut dish. If it was you, could you post your recipe? It sounds yummy!

I found this in the Walden Farms on IP thread - I remember it because I had just ordered the miracle noodles and wanted to try it too!!! I love peanut sauce!!! There are no measurements, but atleast now you know who posted it! Hope this helps!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jartiles View Post
You're right, the peanut butter is not good by itself, but I mix it in with the vanilla RTD and it tastes like a peanut butter shake. I've also used it to make a thai style peanut sauce by adding ginger, garlic and soy sauce. It was delicious with stir fried vegetables and miracle noodles.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #12  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Hey Mrs. Diettrich, Happy Birthday.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #13  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laure View Post
My coach told me I was her slowest loser ever!!!! I have low thyroid and am in menopause. But, I took the 1 pound a week loss for 25 weeks. I am still amazed that I am almost at my goal weight-IP is the only plan that worked for me. So grateful!!! Now for those last few pesky pounds!!!
I'm not sure many will fully understand what incredible perseverance it takes to achieve what you've done. My hat is off.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #14  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Well, I just got back from weigh in and, wohoo! 2 more lbs! I know it doesn't sound like a lot but I'm currently in Phase 3 so any loss is worth celebrating!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #15  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Great NSV:

My mother-in-law I haven't seen in a few months (50 pounds ago) told me I look like I did when her son and I met ....the catch...I WAS 16 YEARS OLD THEN! ( I AM 40 NOW)

Last edited by darbs7; 12-13-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Closed Thread